Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Advertisement Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

ShatterScale, did you use another character sheet and then switch to the OGL?
At some point quite probably during testing before we opened, but I don't think I created these specific sheets that were impacted at that time.
Alright then I would suggest deleting all of the SKILL_bonus attributes and pb attribute from the character sheet. When you close and reopen the character sheet, it should recreate those attributes and fix the problem.
Hmm. Still seems borked and I don't think it created it. I guess I need to find the code to manually input these?
1504591745
I have had similar problems recently.  What I did to fix it was start a new character sheet and copy the info from the bad one to new one and it seemed to fix my issues.  Not a great work around but at least it works.
ShatterScale said: Hmm. Still seems borked and I don't think it created it. I guess I need to find the code to manually input these? What happens when you toggle the proficiency of the skill?
Kyle G. said: ShatterScale said: Hmm. Still seems borked and I don't think it created it. I guess I need to find the code to manually input these? What happens when you toggle the proficiency of the skill? It applies/removes the proficiency correctly, but doesn't fix the attribute mod issue. I will make a new sheet and transfer things manually and see if that fixes the issue.
Needing some help. I just switched our sheet from The Community 5e sheet to the OGL one, and now the AC isn't calculating correctly. Anything I can do?
Without more information of what's happening, I would suggest deleting the ac attribute.
1504647878
I fixed this other times by setting the check box for manual AC then checking it on main page...then removing the check mark from the settings page (cog wheel)
1504824970
Is there currently a way to adjust the crit range of an NPC using the NPC character sheet set up--using the existing tools? For example, is there an attribute that I can add or change that will do this?
Treefiddy said: Is there currently a way to adjust the crit range of an NPC using the NPC character sheet set up--using the existing tools? For example, is there an attribute that I can add or change that will do this? Unfortunately not. I would suggest making a token macro for the character and manually adding that into the roll.
1504897710
Thanks, Kyle.
1504903012

Edited 1504903073
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, rollers. The 5E OGL character sheet v2.0 is coming to Roll20 at the end of the month. In preparation for that we have the beta version live on the Dev Server. We've updated the entire plumbing of the sheet and made a lot of changes. Pro users, it would be very useful to us if you'd copy a game from production to the dev server and let us know if the character sheet updates to the new version without causing any issues for your existing characters. We'd also love any feedback on the changes and new features as well as any bug reports. Here's a list of changes: 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v2.0 Patch Notes Attributes Extensive overhaul of sheet worker functions to make other features possible Removed many attributes for significant performance improvements Personality Traits, Ideals, Bonds, and Flaws now have an edit mode New item modifier support for Attributes, Saves, AC, To Hit, Damage, Spell Attacks, and Spell DC Polished the Item/Spell to Attack and Item to Resource interactions Tools & Custom skills now have 7th “query” option on attribute Compendium Compatibility Compendium Drops now can be dropped anywhere on the sheet and will be handled automatically Compendium Drops of ammunition will automatically add a repeating resource New repeating sections for Features and Traits and Other Proficiencies and Languages, with option of switching back to simple text area option Settings Dexterity tie breaker to initiative Carrying capacity modifier Spell Slot modifiers Attribute modifiers Save modifiers Whisper Toggle option Proficiency Die support from the DMG Custom core die roll option, defaults to D20 Global Attack, Damage, Skill, and Save options New Encumbrance options, including disabling weight tracking entirely New Armor Class options, including disabling AC tracking entirely New Leveling options for spell slots and hit dice, including disabling tracking entirely New Initiative advantage/disadvantage option New Default Sheet Settings BUGFIX: Jack of all trades now applies to initiative and core attribute rolls BUGFIX: Proficiency Bonus increasing now updates attack rolls immediately BUGFIX: Global Save Mod now applies to death saves   Magic Ritual and Concentration spell icons BUGFIX: Spell Save DCs in attacks are now displaying correctly with all bonuses NPC Spellcasters now shares full PC spell library Visuals Upgraded some of the optional D&D styling roll templates to stretch better and be more clear Adjusted layout to make the sheet less prone to breaking when the browser is zoomed below 100% BUGFIX: Normalized roll template “desc” field to format inline rolls correctly BUGFIX: Custom class Hit Dice when multi classing now displays its name correctly NPCs NPC Display card reworked extensively to remove attributes from sheet to speed up performance NPC Nameplate in roll template can now be hidden NPC Actions can now hide their descriptions and not include them in the roll template output Made rolling initiative for NPCs more obvious by adding an additional init button   API Companion Script Can now shoot more than one ammunition per shot Wont spend a spell slot if the spell is marked as a ritual BUGFIX: Ammo tracking is now working correctly for damage only attacks
1504913379

Edited 1504913510
That's awesome Steve! Great work! I am really excited for the new changes to become live. Just copied one of my games to the Dev server to check them out. I did not have any problems with the conversion. However, I did notice that the Features and Traits section has changed from a text box to a repeating section. I was just wondering your reasoning for this. My understanding of its intended use is to track racial feature's such as Darkvision or Fey Ancestry as well as Class features like Sneak Attack. I think that this would be a great tool to utilize if it had two things. A description field and even a roll template that would print the information to the chat, similar to using the npcaction roll template with a monster's monster attack action. For those of you, like me, who previously used this text box, the information from within is still in the character sheet under the features_and_traits  attribute. If you still want to be able to see the information in the new repeating section, you will need to manually add them in, but the previous information did not get deleted. Also, something I don't think you pointed out in your synopsis that I think is AMAZING, there are little icons that signify if a spell is a ritual or concentration spell without having to open the spell information. I wanted to also test out the changes to the Companion script to see how to signify multiple ammunition, but it appears that you have not made the new version of the script available. The latest version in the github is still 1.3 and not 1.4 like the Dev Server states. I receive the error ' No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - /home/symbly/www/d20-app/apiscripts/5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion/1.4/5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion.js ' when I try to add it to the dev server. Could you give us some information on how to specify multiple ammunition? Finally, something else that I was curious about regarding the new companion script. Does the script now take into consideration spells that do not have a spelllevel attribute, such as spells not from the Compendium? Previously manually entered spells needed to overwrite compendium spells of a similar level so that this attribute existed, and I did not see a way to manually set this attribute in the character sheet. Will this method of overwriting a compendium spell still be necessary with version 2.0?
1504916890

Edited 1504917070
edit: posted a bug in the dev specific thread&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5511174/5th-edition-ogl-sheet-v2-dot-0-on-dev" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5511174/5th-edition-ogl-sheet-v2-dot-0-on-dev</a>
1504932148
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kyle, the new Features and Traits repeating section is optional and can be turned back to the text field from the settings. This change is to pave the way for future features. Posting the info to a rolltemplate into chat is something I'll consider. The companion script isn't directing like it should. I'll see about fixing that. All spells now have a default level. Whatever repeating section their added to will have the hidden spell level properly set.
I'm having some issues with Default Sheet Settings for the 5e OGL Character Sheet. I try to change the settings, but every time I click "Save Changes" it just reverts back to the original values. ("Query Advantage" resets to "Always Roll Advantage", etc.) I've checked my about:config for Firefox as well as my addons and I don't have anything that should be blocking javascript, so I don't know what could be causing this problem. In addition to this, I'm not seeing the "Apply Default Settings" option to apply changes to existing Character Sheets under the "Experimental Features" tab, all I see there is a button that reads "QR Code for Tablet". Any help would be very much appreciated.
Are you sure that you are getting this after making a change to the default settings? The 'Apply Default Settings' button does not appear unless there were changes made to these settings. If you are seeing the save message, try rejoining the game and checking if you have the option to apply the new changes.
Kyle G. said: Are you sure that you are getting this after making a change to the default settings? The 'Apply Default Settings' button does not appear unless there were changes made to these settings. If you are seeing the save message, try rejoining the game and checking if you have the option to apply the new changes. I am getting that notice, but nothing actually changes. When I press "Save Changes", that notice pops up, but all the options are back to what they were before I changed them.
Then it seems like it is a problem in your browser. Try clearing your cache or restarting.
1505169559

Edited 1505169667
Kyle G. said: Then it seems like it is a problem in your browser. Try clearing your cache or restarting. Tried both, didn't work. Also tried using Safari instead of Firefox, didn't work either. Edit: It's just the "Default Sheet Settings" that can't be changed. All the other options seem to be behaving normally.
1505184111
Also, I think the default settings only affect new characters added to the game after the change is saved. Existing character journals need to be updated manually.
Rabulias said: Also, I think the default settings only affect new characters added to the game after the change is saved. Existing character journals need to be updated manually. Supposedly that can be done through the "Experimental Features" section, but that option hasn't been appearing for me since Roll20 thinks the settings were never changed.
1505250865
Taz
Pro
All, I have some interesting questions. Playing D&D5E and using the standard Roll20 character sheet... 1. When you click on the Hit Dice (to recover hp during a short rest) it rolls the dice okay, but does not apply that to the PCs current hp total. Am I missing something here?&nbsp; 2. Is there a way to have a healing potion / spell&nbsp;apply&nbsp;its results directly to the target's hp rather than having to do that manually? I'm guessing this is not a sheet thing but a macro? 3. Is there any way of tracking (and applying the effects of) conditions - poisoned, disease, exhaustion, etc.? 4. Is there a way to "reset" PCs as a result of a Long Rest w/o having to do it all manually? 5. How can we model duration spells - that is, spells (like Spiritual Weapon) that continue to have effects for a number of rounds after casting? Thanks!
1. When you click on the Hit Dice (to recover hp during a short rest) it rolls the dice okay, but does not apply that to the PCs current hp total. Am I missing something here? No that is the intended behavior. The API is required to set the values on the character sheet. 2. Is there a way to have a healing potion / spell apply its results directly to the target's hp rather than having to do that manually? I'm guessing this is not a sheet thing but a macro? Yes, but again this would need to be done by the API. 3. Is there any way of tracking (and applying the effects of) conditions - poisoned, disease, exhaustion, etc.? You can certainly track them through adding new variables and manually updating their value in addition to status icons on the tokens. Unfortunately it is not possible use these conditions to give automatically grant disadvantage on the character sheet. That is up to the player to remember. 4. Is there a way to "reset" PCs as a result of a Long Rest w/o having to do it all manually? You could certainly do this with the API, but there is nothing by default. 5. How can we model duration spells - that is, spells (like Spiritual Weapon) that continue to have effects for a number of rounds after casting? You can add custom trackers to the initiative tracker to keep track of things like this. Otherwise, how would you handle this at an in-person game. The main problem is that it is difficult to track time outside of combat. The main thing to remember here is that the character is purposefully left to be as close as the actual pen-and-paper game as possible. The reason for this is ensure that this character sheet can be used even by people who do not have great computers. If you are wanting to automate a lot of the character sheet, you have two options: 1) Utilize the API. The community is really great at helping you create custom scripts if you can't find any to your liking. I even have created a lot of scripts for what you want that I use in my games. 2) Look into the 5e Shaped character sheet. I believe that it has a lot of this functionality built into it.
1505272360
The shaped sheet does have the ability to apply a rest would be nice if this sheet did also but anyway just a suggestion.
1505493337
Steven C. said: All, I have some interesting questions. Playing D&D5E and using the standard Roll20 character sheet... 1. When you click on the Hit Dice (to recover hp during a short rest) it rolls the dice okay, but does not apply that to the PCs current hp total. Am I missing something here?&nbsp; 2. Is there a way to have a healing potion / spell&nbsp;apply&nbsp;its results directly to the target's hp rather than having to do that manually? I'm guessing this is not a sheet thing but a macro? 3. Is there any way of tracking (and applying the effects of) conditions - poisoned, disease, exhaustion, etc.? 4. Is there a way to "reset" PCs as a result of a Long Rest w/o having to do it all manually? 5. How can we model duration spells - that is, spells (like Spiritual Weapon) that continue to have effects for a number of rounds after casting? Thanks! You need to use API's. Below is my macro for a long reset that uses Tokenmod API to reset there hit points. However they still need to get back 1/2 the HIT they use if any for healing. &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{rname=Long Rest for}} {{description=At the end of a long rest, a character regains all lost hit points. The character also regains spent Hit Dice, up to a number of dice equal to half of the character’s total number of them (minimum of one die). }}{{charname=@{Selected|character_name}}} !longrest @{Selected|character_name} !token-mod --set bar1_rest The Macro below is a counter for the Bless. When run it ask to select targets, after click 3 targets it adds a counter with there names and Says they are blessed. Then applies the Wing status marker to rep Bless and then post power card to chat. !act -1 10 --@{target|1|character_name} , @{target|2|character_name}, @{target|3|character_name}. Blessed !token-mod --ids @{target|1|token_id} @{target|2|token_id} @{target|3|token_id} --set statusmarkers|angel-outfit !power {{ --corners|10 --format|default --name|Condition --leftsub|@{target|1|character_name}, @{target|2|character_name}, @{target|3|character_name}. ^^ You are Blessed by the Gods. --Blessed:|[+Bless]You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an Attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the Attack roll or saving throw. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st. }} So as you can see a lot of things can be automated with API and macros. It's a lot of work but you only need to do it once and we have a great community here to help.&nbsp;
so the Prof bonuse for weapons isn't working right. at level 6 it should be +3 but only gives +2 still, and at higher levels it is behind by 1 every time.
1505784302
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jeremy K. said: so the Prof bonuse for weapons isn't working right. at level 6 it should be +3 but only gives +2 still, and at higher levels it is behind by 1 every time. The proficiency bonus in attacks isn't updating automatically in 1.6. That's fixed in the new version being tested on Dev right now. If you update anything in the attack it should recalculate correctly.
1506016542

Edited 1506016620
Is anything happening in the new sheet with formatting of Spells and how they output to chat? Ideally it would be nice to have both the attack AND the spellcard available if needed. Both from NPCs and PCs. Almost like a clickable link in the attack or something. I don't need to see it all the time, but sometimes it would be helpful to show the descriptive effects.
I can't add attacks, either by following instructions and adding items to my inventory to the compendium (drag and drop wrks for inventory only) or by manually inputting. Manual input yields nothing and no usable rolls. In another game, where someone set it up a long time ago, I can't update for changes, like adding magical properties to a weapon, and have to manually roll for that damage (when I remember to).&nbsp;
Can you show some screenshots of what is going on or take a look at the developer console to see if you are maybe having javascript errors that are preventing the character sheet from updating.
Is there a way to show the rolls from an NPC without showing that NPC's name using the OGL sheet? I really like being somewhat transparent with my players by showing them the rolls. We discussed this, and they accept criticals happen, etc. However, there are NPCs that I don't want them to be aware of that they encounter.
1506090478

Edited 1506090571
Jeremy R. said: Is there a way to show the rolls from an NPC without showing that NPC's name using the OGL sheet? I really like being somewhat transparent with my players by showing them the rolls. We discussed this, and they accept criticals happen, etc. However, there are NPCs that I don't want them to be aware of that they encounter. Not currently, but the next version of the character sheet has this I believe.&nbsp; EDIT. Confirmed this to be true with the version of the character sheet on the development server.
Kyle G. said: Jeremy R. said: Is there a way to show the rolls from an NPC without showing that NPC's name using the OGL sheet? I really like being somewhat transparent with my players by showing them the rolls. We discussed this, and they accept criticals happen, etc. However, there are NPCs that I don't want them to be aware of that they encounter. Not currently, but the next version of the character sheet has this I believe Any timeline more specific than end of month when that might be getting released? I'm super excited about both the new sheet and the new FoW, like biting my nails excited.
Jeremy R. said: Any timeline more specific than end of month when that might be getting released? I'm super excited about both the new sheet and the new FoW, like biting my nails excited. That's the latest information that we have gotten.
1506114721

Edited 1506114783
Kyle G. said: Can you show some screenshots of what is going on or take a look at the developer console to see if you are maybe having javascript errors that are preventing the character sheet from updating. How would I access the dev console? For screencaps see below - they just don't update (neither does my AC or several other fields) - but the info is "saved" in some form, just not accessible as a roll.
On Chrome you can open the developer tools with Control+Shift+I, there is a tab called Console.
Kyle G. said: On Chrome you can open the developer tools with Control+Shift+I, there is a tab called Console. I don't have chrome.
1506127432
F12 on firefox for console
1506127603
nudibranch said: Kyle G. said: Can you show some screenshots of what is going on or take a look at the developer console to see if you are maybe having javascript errors that are preventing the character sheet from updating. How would I access the dev console? For screencaps see below - they just don't update (neither does my AC or several other fields) - but the info is "saved" in some form, just not accessible as a roll. I had this issue on 2 of my players. I copy the character, then recreated the characters and copy the info to the new sheets.
1506150920
That seems to solve most of the problems the copy from old to new sheet or recreate the sheet. In answer to not wanting name to show there r two name fields for NPC's I believe one is what posts to chat and I think the other is what it is called in your library but I may be wrong on that. &nbsp;I know the two fields are not linked because you have to change them both so you could leave one blank and try it then swap then and try it to see if that resolved the issue.
1506378769

Edited 1506378805
Hey everyone. I am having a frustrating issue with my Warlocks Spell sheet. Whenever I change the value of Spell slots (Hes level 2, with 3 level 1 spell slots available) and close the page, it reverts back to 0. No matter what I change in the Attributes and abilities, it reverts to 0. Not finding a solution online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
With the current version, there is no solution. With version 2.0, coming out really soon, there is. Unfortunately you will just have to wait.
1506446653
Steve K.
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Version 2.0 of the sheet is live! For more information and feedback please look here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5576582/5th-edition-ogl-by-roll20-v2-dot-0/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5576582/5th-edition-ogl-by-roll20-v2-dot-0/</a>