Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Some numbers for fun: 15.7.4 was released on January 31st. On February 1st I started work on 16.0.0 Over 21 days I have made 459 commits that have added, modified, or removed 333 files in the Shaped sheet codebase to deliver 16.0.0
Nice!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Holy Crow!
Alright, Mr. Kryx... Dumbest question of the new sheet. How do I upgrade my previously built games and characters, and do I need to repopulate their macros for it? Sorry! -Nicole

Edited 1519288352
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to update your sheet. If there is ever a change in a new version the sheet will manage the upgrade process (there is no upgrade necessary for 16.0.0). You shouldn't have to change anything on existing sheets. I probably won't push 16.X.X to Roll20 until I tackle some other UI improvements like spells. (The Roll20 version is automatically updated when I push a stable release, so it's generally behind by a version or two)
Not sure if its ever been suggested, but if all the damage types had a drop down or check boxes to choose, Vulnerable, Normal, Resistant or Immune to damage types (fire, ice, thunder, etc) then other API scripts could read the resistance as a conditional and then apply the various calculations for scripts like groupCheck and ApplyDamage.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please add it to the tracker as a suggestion. My only reservation is limitation of houseruel damage types, but that can also be provided.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
16.1.0 Features Shaped sheet can now process OGL spells from PC sheets or NPC sheets (only NPC sheets from the Curse of Strahd module and newer use this format for spells). Closes #659: NPC Spells not converting from OGL to Shaped UI Adjustments The sheet is a bit wider now and no longer assumes my stylish CSS so it should fit on the default width (~888px depending on browser) without a horizontal scrollbar. Firefox UI cleaned up. Closes #661: Tie bar behind exhastion states not centered I'll be mobile until the middle of next week so any new issues will be unresolved until then.

Edited 1519338828
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I really like the intelligent drag from the Compendium. I don't know the number of times in the past I accidentally turned an entire goblin into a crossbow because I wasn't looking. :) One question: Whenever I drag an item from Compendium to sheet, I get the processing overlay (with the animation) which needs to be dismissed. Is this expected behavior or should I open a ticket?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The processing overlay should show, but disappear quite quickly. It'll last for ~5-10 seconds for OGL conversion, but other processes should be near instant. If I drag a Greatsword for example it's too quick to notice. If you're experiencing the processing window staying around please do open an issue with complete reproduction steps ideally on a new character.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Well now it's not doing it, of course. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Processing is setup to show the notification as soon as possible, start the process of the command, and then remove the processing notification. If there is an error along the way it won't close the processing window, though I haven't seen that yet.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Kryx! I appreciate all of the hard work that you have put into this. Hoping the modules will encourage more people to try out these awesome sheets. 
Hi I'm getting a 404 error when trying to open the raw text of the shaped script. Has it been discontinued?

Edited 1519636319
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The links in the  Shaped Script thread are still working for me.

Edited 1519639862
Alright thanks, using that one I was able to get a link, but now whenever I try to use the !shaped-import-statblock command, it says "complete." but the sheet never loads and all the other commands stop working until I reinstall the script. Any idea whats causing this? It says if this image is moving at a normal rate and the sheet is unresponsive feel free to close, but then none of it works.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please ensure you're on the latest version of the sheet (16.1.0) and script (12.0.0) and try it. If that does not work please open an issue on the script issue tracker with detailed reproduction steps and plenty of images. It sounds like you were using a very old version of the script so other things may be incorrect as well.
Alright I posted an issue after updating to 16.1.0 and 12.0.0 still getting a similar issue (though the script doesn't crash at least, which is a plus)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
16.1.1 Bug Fixes #664: Spelling errors in translation.json #663: Saving Throw Bonus Formatting Error Crit range is shown by default as turning it on wasn’t intuitive enough.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
16.1.2 Bug Fixes #572: Modifiers adding a second time on critical damage
Just a quick question: I have the 5e Shaped Sheet selected as the default sheet. How do I tell what version I'm currently using?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
At the top of the sheet (in both PC and NPC versions) you'll see the version of Shaped.

Edited 1519948817
Kryx said: At the top of the sheet (in both PC and NPC versions) you'll see the version of Shaped. Ah, thank you. I was trying to find it at the bottom and didn't even think to look at the top. When will 16.0 be pushed to the default sheet?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Discussion topic per  recent issue on the tracker : Should NPCs have all skills listed by default, or only those for which they are proficient? When I first designed the sheet I asked for feedback on the skills and the consensus at the time was that it was valuable to show all skills, not just those that the monster was proficient with. With the ability to generate skills with a button I'm not sure it's necessary to have them by default. Thoughts?

Edited 1520036213
Ambitosis
Marketplace Creator
I'd prefer to get rid of skills that don't have any proficiency changes. The reason being is I use Shaped because it's fast on the DM side with the Statblock macro, and it's spitting out the entire list of skills and I have to dig through to find out if I even need to roll the skill at all, or just the flat ability bonus. There's no at-a-glance method to determine if the creature has a bonus or not, and it's more visually taxing to sort through the long list of skills. If the only skills listed were Arcana and Stealth, I know immediately that I just need to roll a flat strength or dexterity to contest a grapple - listing all of the skills has never saved me time or improved usability with the sheet, it's only slowed it. This is how it works in pen and paper too, it just seems like the skills are there for nothing. Aren't less redundant fields better?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They could serve a purpose: You know which ability score to use for a skill, but beginners likely won't have it memorized. Edge cases like modifiers for all skills They have their negatives as well as you say: Visual noise.
Ambitosis
Marketplace Creator
You have a good point with the new player experience, I hadn't considered that - but I'm guessing it has to be one or the other, it can't be optional?
I think NPCs should only have proficient skills shown by default. Like you said, one can just generate them with a button if he or she wants to see them all.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's handy for quickly doing things like social contests. Insight vs Deception, for instance, neither of which is typically an NPC skill. Since I always have to stop and think which skill is associated with which ability, I prefer to have them all there and clickable. But I wouldn't raise a fuss if the majority were against it. It would be nice if the sheet and the chat macro for NPCs could present them in aligned columns, maybe, instead of a run-on paragraph. Ditto ability scores for the chat macro. Does it make a speed difference to have them all on the sheet? If not, perhaps it could be a preference toggle to display them or not?
I know this might mean a great deal of additional work however my preference if possible to have them on by default with an option via the companion script to have them turned on by default. 
Another thing is it makes it easier to see what skills NPCs are proficient in if the DM uses "Skills with Different Abilities" variant (PHB 175). I would not be opposed to a toggle if a majority is in favor of having show all as default (if possible).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'd rather avoid optional settings on the sheet as they take significantly more time to create and add to the complexity of the code, making the sheet harder to maintain and harder to add new features. In this case people can use the generate button if they want all skills so that mitigates that specific need somewhat. It looks like I'll need to keep the skills generating to show them in edit mode so they can be modified, but can possibly hide them in presentation mode for NPCs to visually match the MM layout. On another topic: Can someone please upload a sheet with spell slots of various levels that are partially used? I could use some test cases for my 17.0.0 upgrade code to ensure I have it all working.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
17.0.0 Breaking Changes Spells now track the number of slots expended instead of the remaining slots. This aligns with the paper and OGL sheets. Upgrades should handle this change for you. NPC saving throws and skills will only show proficient/expertise items while in presentation mode. Closes #669: Don't generate skills by default that have no proficiency or expertise on NPC sheets Features Spell UI has been updated with bubbles for spell slots and new UI wrappers. Spells now have tooltips to display the full contents of the spell. Closes #374: Enable 'condense' toggling for spells on a more granular basis NPC skills will now show in a grid layout in edit mode. Falling to 0 hp now sets the unconscious condition. Gaining HP removes it. Closes #3: Conditions Cleaned up the Stablock macro to translate the size of PCs/NPCs. Race will now show instead of type for PCs. Offense and utility added for PCs as well. Settings page reorganized. Bug Fixes #670: Not assigning a weight value to equipment completely breaks weight calculations Make sure you update the script to 17.0.0 and update the translations as well.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Some 17.0.0 previews:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I posted an arcane trickster with spell slots of 2/4 and 2/3. It looks fine. What do the big red Xs mean just before the slot bubbles? I didn't want to mess with the sheet unless you needed it untouched for testing purposes. All I did was check to see what the Skill and Spell chat buttons sent to the chat log. BTW, spell tooltips are aces!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Red X is the same behavior as it is for death saves and exhaustion: to clear the bubbles. In this case that means to clear the expended spell slots.
Kryx, I love the new version, but I noticed that spell slots recovered are not displaying after long rest.  All I get is zeroes.

Edited 1520101838
Albert, this is because one of the changes is that it counts how many Spells used not how many you have. So you used 0 after a long rest.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It should correctly tell you how many slots are recovered. If it isn't, as always, use the the issue tracker. Please please please never ever ever post issues here.
Ethan S. said: Albert, this is because one of the changes is that it counts how many Spells used not how many you have. So you used 0 after a long rest. Ethan, I cast several spells, took a long rest and that is the output I got.  Shows zero spell slots recovered.
this is really strange. I have Curse of Strahd and using 15.7.4 character sheet.  This is in regards to initiative rolls and turn order. For those characters that I modify, change their name or token, then add token actions.  When I do an initiative check/roll, they do not show up in the turn order.  (both imported and changed/created roll correctly in the chat log, but those that I modified aren't added to turn order). Only those characters that were originally imported work.  This is regardless of me setting the token actions for all the tokens, after I modified everything. Makes no sense to me.  Anyone have a suggestion?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
"Send initiative to tracker" is possibly not checked on those?
Awesome work! Are you going to push 17.xx to Roll20 for an official release?

Edited 1520123609
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Same as always: when it's done and tested enough in a real game to meet production level quality. As a pro user you can choose to upgrade any time you like.
What is the process for converting a character from a compendium to the Shaped sheet? When I drag the character out from the compendium (Tome of Beasts), the resulting sheet only has the name, attribute scores, resistances/immunities/vulnerabilities, languages, and challenge rating. I'd post on issue tracker, but I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong on my end.
Aaron K. said: What is the process for converting a character from a compendium to the Shaped sheet? When I drag the character out from the compendium (Tome of Beasts), the resulting sheet only has the name, attribute scores, resistances/immunities/vulnerabilities, languages, and challenge rating. I'd post on issue tracker, but I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong on my end. Just drag the Tome of Beasts entry to the VTT, the conversion should automagically happen.

Edited 1520142230
I just created a new blank campaign and the conversion happened almost instantly without problems. It seems my original campaign has something wrong with it then (the conversion loads infinitely). I can't really think of what could be causing the problem in my campaign. I'll start disabling other active scripts to see if it works then. Edit: Can't seem to fix it. I'll just add them to a blank campaign and then use the Transmorgifier.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If a conversion keeps going then an error likely happened. Strange that a new campaign fixes it. Can you open an issue detailing the monster and send me an invite to the campaign? I may be able to fix it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
17.0.1 Bug Fixes Roll 2 now indicates to the user that it is a legacy feature that does not work with all sheet features. #672: coin weight calculation resulting in high decimal values Spells manually changed in any way resulted in an error which prevented the scripts from running properly. This has been fixed. Closes #674: Adding custom spells does not output description to chat or use spell slot