Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Animations and AFoW Offical Feedback Thread

My CoS table is too heavy. Locking a lot. Any page with a token is almost impossible to use. She starts dividing the tokens infinitely and if I delete a copy, everything on the screen disappears. Sometimes it does not divide, it just does not move at all. And sometimes, it moves but it goes pixelating and locking the browser. We could not play last Wednesday. Tomorrow I narrate for the second group and I'm afraid I will not be able to. Can someone help me?   
Finally I can have rolling waves on a beach battlemap!!! =D =D Now to find a gif XD
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Alisson, Can you make sure to disable any browser extensions, in case they're interfering with the functionality?  We had an issue where deleting a copy of a token would make the rest disappear, effectively crashing the page. However, that was fixed in a hotfix on Tuesday afternoon. Are you still experiencing that issue, after reloading, since Tuesday? Alisson S. said: My CoS table is too heavy. Locking a lot. Any page with a token is almost impossible to use. She starts dividing the tokens infinitely and if I delete a copy, everything on the screen disappears. Sometimes it does not divide, it just does not move at all. And sometimes, it moves but it goes pixelating and locking the browser. We could not play last Wednesday. Tomorrow I narrate for the second group and I'm afraid I will not be able to. Can someone help me?
Besides the weird sight lines issue posted above, I've also noticed something different with the distances.  I typically have tokens set up for a much greater fog of war view distance for areas that are lit down the line that they can see, or for global illumination.   But this seems to have stopped working after the update (along with my map lines, again, mentioned elsewhere by others). With figure set to torchlight as 40/20, the map doesn't seem to care, it will reveal all of the corridor that it can, even though i have (for testing) turned off the "dim light reveals" option.  I would expect fog of war to only reveal out to 20 feet in this case, unless I'm missing something. Image
Yes. I have this problem. I had the fourth, and testing now continues. This is the only table on which I have this. Both I and my players face the same problem in this campaign. I also tried to run in other browsers (Opera and firefox) where I have no extension and continue with the same problem. Stephanie B. said: Alisson, Can you make sure to disable any browser extensions, in case they're interfering with the functionality?  We had an issue where deleting a copy of a token would make the rest disappear, effectively crashing the page. However, that was fixed in a hotfix on Tuesday afternoon. Are you still experiencing that issue, after reloading, since Tuesday? Alisson S. said: My CoS table is too heavy. Locking a lot. Any page with a token is almost impossible to use. She starts dividing the tokens infinitely and if I delete a copy, everything on the screen disappears. Sometimes it does not divide, it just does not move at all. And sometimes, it moves but it goes pixelating and locking the browser. We could not play last Wednesday. Tomorrow I narrate for the second group and I'm afraid I will not be able to. Can someone help me?
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
As mentioned in the Known Issues and elsewhere in the thread, when this happens, it is usually because you are looking at the tabletop using CTRL-L. Does this happen when you are logged in as a player in the game? Daayne said: With figure set to torchlight as 40/20, the map doesn't seem to care, it will reveal all of the corridor that it can, even though i have (for testing) turned off the "dim light reveals" option.  I would expect fog of war to only reveal out to 20 feet in this case, unless I'm missing something.
Stephanie B. said: As mentioned in the Known Issues and elsewhere in the thread, when this happens, it is usually because you are looking at the tabletop using CTRL-L. Does this happen when you are logged in as a player in the game? Daayne said: With figure set to torchlight as 40/20, the map doesn't seem to care, it will reveal all of the corridor that it can, even though i have (for testing) turned off the "dim light reveals" option.  I would expect fog of war to only reveal out to 20 feet in this case, unless I'm missing something. That was with me rejoining as a player (using that one button), not as the GM using Ctrl+L.  If that is not sufficient or the same, I can have one of my players take a quick peek as well.
Is there a fix coming for the CTRL+L issue? Stephanie B. said: As mentioned in the Known Issues and elsewhere in the thread, when this happens, it is usually because you are looking at the tabletop using CTRL-L. Does this happen when you are logged in as a player in the game? Daayne said: With figure set to torchlight as 40/20, the map doesn't seem to care, it will reveal all of the corridor that it can, even though i have (for testing) turned off the "dim light reveals" option.  I would expect fog of war to only reveal out to 20 feet in this case, unless I'm missing something.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Please do have a player join to take a look as well, since whether or not someone is a GM is relevant, even if they logged in as a player. Daayne said: That was with me rejoining as a player (using that one button), not as the GM using Ctrl+L.  If that is not sufficient or the same, I can have one of my players take a quick peek as well. Luke: It's on the list of bugs to fix, but we do not put out patches over the weekend unless there's an emergency. It's also not as high priority as other bugs that impact all users (like the token bars). Luke said: Is there a fix coming for the CTRL+L issue? 
Has the problem with the status icon rotating with the token been added to the known issues list?
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
No, tell me about this one. I'm having a bit of trouble finding it/recreating it. Tom S.✌❽ said: Has the problem with the status icon rotating with the token been added to the known issues list?
Had a player login, who owns said token.  He had the same view as shown in my screenshot jumble.  I quick came back to reset the fog on the map, but his screen did not change at all. Stephanie B. said: Please do have a player join to take a look as well, since whether or not someone is a GM is relevant, even if they logged in as a player. Daayne said: That was with me rejoining as a player (using that one button), not as the GM using Ctrl+L.  If that is not sufficient or the same, I can have one of my players take a quick peek as well.
There is a way to solve this?  Alisson S. said: Yes. I have this problem. I had the fourth, and testing now continues. This is the only table on which I have this. Both I and my players face the same problem in this campaign. I also tried to run in other browsers (Opera and firefox) where I have no extension and continue with the same problem. Stephanie B. said: Alisson, Can you make sure to disable any browser extensions, in case they're interfering with the functionality?  We had an issue where deleting a copy of a token would make the rest disappear, effectively crashing the page. However, that was fixed in a hotfix on Tuesday afternoon. Are you still experiencing that issue, after reloading, since Tuesday? Alisson S. said: My CoS table is too heavy. Locking a lot. Any page with a token is almost impossible to use. She starts dividing the tokens infinitely and if I delete a copy, everything on the screen disappears. Sometimes it does not divide, it just does not move at all. And sometimes, it moves but it goes pixelating and locking the browser. We could not play last Wednesday. Tomorrow I narrate for the second group and I'm afraid I will not be able to. Can someone help me?

Edited 1549055369
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It was reported  here . Someone closed the thread, but did not copy the posts over? It might be related to the rotating aura issue, also shown here. Stephanie B.  said: No, tell me about this one. I'm having a bit of trouble finding it/recreating it. Tom S.✌❽  said: Has the problem with the status icon rotating with the token been added to the known issues list?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes that was what I originally reported.  I did not know about the aura, I do not use them much, but the status icons rotating can end up upside down.
Bernd S. said: ОХОТНИК said: Since the issue with the bars' spacing is already known, can their order be fixed too? Stuff's all messed up. Bar's spacing isshit, but the order is finally meaningful: from bottom to top: 1 2 3. Before the fix it was chaos Then why is it from top to bottom 1 2 3 in token settings lol. I don't remember it being anything else than that, what "chaos" do you speak of?
Text for nameplates under tokens is 4 pixels too high. Don't have time to look at the code but it should be around that much.

Edited 1549065618
Having poked at this with the help of a (very patient) player, I've found some interesting results. It seems like snapping your lines to grid may be one of the (at least major) culprits behind this. Having my player move around and tell me when he saw the map item behind the vision blockers, I found this as the results: Doubling the snapped lines didn't stop the seeing-through, at least at the corners, and the simple square at the bottom was completely visible through. However, the left box is the same kind of snapped square, moved a little over to the right; for some reason, this prevented the player from seeing through. Similarly the free lines, whether square shaped or otherwise, were seemingly impenetrable... Unless they happened to land on a vertex of the grid, it seems, as seen here. I dunno if this is actually true (or if it has already been discovered as part of the problem), or if I might just be imagining it. Hopefully it helps in some small way.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Alisson. I did a little digging with the devs, and we need more information, because it looks like a number of your images are being served from a server outside Roll20, which isn't supposed to happen. For the tokens Garth, Flameriel, Aksh, and Kiara on your Splash Screen page, how did you import those images, and do you remember when you imported them? Alisson S. said: There is a way to solve this?  Alisson S. said: Yes. I have this problem. I had the fourth, and testing now continues. This is the only table on which I have this. Both I and my players face the same problem in this campaign. I also tried to run in other browsers (Opera and firefox) where I have no extension and continue with the same problem.

Edited 1549073821
I'm having a similar issue with Chrome on Windows 8—some tokens/art pieces will disappear as well when they go off-screen in certain directions, on any layer. Any auras they have disappear along with them, making it difficult to use large auras. Resizing an affected token seems to change this behavior at times, but I otherwise haven't identified any rhyme or reason to why some tokens are affected while others don't seem to be. Dragon Dreamer said: Moving the following issue here: Tayro  said: Browser and OS information : Firefox 64.0.2, Windows 10 As of the most recent update, long shapes made with the draw shape tool, if placed so that more than half of it is not on-screen, the whole shape will not be rendered. This is an issue because I was using shapes to act as a background on a map that acted like a status screen and as the player scrolls around certain parts appear and disappear. I have followed the three steps stated in the FAQ and the problem persists.
I have not seen this addressed. It also affects the radius of auras (only half of what is set). The token bars and status markers are twice the size as well (and have been before the update). Could Roll20 please stop producing half grid maps or fix the scaling of tokens? This issue is a deal breaker and I'm considering demanding a refund on my TftYP purchase. Botley said: I have discovered a problem that effects the Dungeon of the Mad Mage maps. The new lighting effects tokens sight when an Enabled, Size:  = 0.5. Like this:   This effects the tokens by only showing the "Bright light" portion of the dynamic lighting. A Character token with lighting settings such as these below show different sight lines depending on the Grid Size. Lighting with a grid size of 1: Lighting with a Grid Size of 0.5: I have managed to sort of fix this issue by doubling the Light Radius value but keeping the Start of Dim value the same. I hope this helps you find the cause of the bug, because this really effects my game.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Doug E. said: I have not seen this addressed. It also affects the radius of auras (only half of what is set). The token bars and status markers are twice the size as well (and have been before the update). Could Roll20 please stop producing half grid maps or fix the scaling of tokens? This issue is a deal breaker and I'm considering demanding a refund on my TftYP purchase. Botley said: I have discovered a problem that effects the Dungeon of the Mad Mage maps. The new lighting effects tokens sight when an Enabled, Size:  = 0.5. ..... I had the same problem this evening with my Curse of Strahd game.  Windows 10, Chrome, Javascript enabled, No extensions I can provide a console log if that will help.

Edited 1549101507
Stephanie B. said: Hi, Bernd, This is in the Known Issues list-- we're aware of the issue and plan to fix it soon. Bernd S. said: Hi, some great things are going on, that's fine. But unfortunately it looks as if you bugged some other things. I didn't recognize problems with dynamic lighting so far as others here, but I noticed that the token bars are totally misplaced: The bars now cover (hide) the whole square above the token. And I am pretty sure that it worked on January 28th when I played a session. So it must be the last update. The bars were already a problem for me, so I used always the lowest to not get it hid by other tokens, but now even the lowest bar is as high as the highest was before. Please fix that! Hi, was there any update to this? Now I can't see bar 3 at all?! But the wide-spreading still exists. I really appreciate what you all are doing, and I really love roll20 and how it developed in the last two years, but I humbly would like to suggest to test things before deploying into production! There are here now so many obvious bugs which could have been detected with a glance, I don't think that is necessary. Thanks & best regards, Bernd

Edited 1549110865
Kirsty said: Doug E. said: I have not seen this addressed. It also affects the radius of auras (only half of what is set). The token bars and status markers are twice the size as well (and have been before the update). Could Roll20 please stop producing half grid maps or fix the scaling of tokens? This issue is a deal breaker and I'm considering demanding a refund on my TftYP purchase. Botley said: I have discovered a problem that effects the Dungeon of the Mad Mage maps. The new lighting effects tokens sight when an Enabled, Size:&nbsp; = 0.5. ..... I had the same problem this evening with my Curse of Strahd game.&nbsp; Windows 10, Chrome, Javascript enabled, No extensions I can provide a console log if that will help. Hi Kirsty and Doug, the irritation with the 'half-grid' maps is a very old complaint of mine :<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5775146/maps-for-purchased-modules-a-complaint-plus-a-suggestion-how-to-do-it-better/?pageforid=5783584#post-5783584" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5775146/maps-for-purchased-modules-a-complaint-plus-a-suggestion-how-to-do-it-better/?pageforid=5783584#post-5783584</a> Thanks for seconding so ;-) ! But I have not much hope that they will&nbsp; change it after so many complaints. Just a tipp, how to solve it with minimal effort:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7TMs6ZTEg" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7TMs6ZTEg</a> Best regards, Bernd
Hi, I'm moving this information over for DoomRice. DoomRice &nbsp;said: Since the update, it appears that as a DM I can no longer obtain accurate token vision when I use CTRL + L. It will show me what the token sees and all of the token with vision, and their token vision overlap each other.&nbsp; I have only set Vision for the token, All player see light is off.&nbsp; Is this a known bug?&nbsp;
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Hi - I did not see this reported, and I don't know if it's an issue -&nbsp; When using a .gif animation as a character token (which looks awesome by the way) - any tinting other than transparent stops the animation. I am not complaining as an API I've adapted from health auras/tints to just tint #000000 on death stops the animation which works perfectly, but others might not want tinting to stop an animation.&nbsp;
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
There wasn't an update on token bars; if your Bar 3 disappeared, that's due to something else. As for testing: I do the QA, but it's the second full-time role I have at Roll20, so things do get missed. It's one of the reasons we put big features like this on the Dev server before release, so that the community can help us catch the bugs that get missed in QA. Fortunately, we've been hiring a QA Engineer, and I will be very grateful when that person is fully hired and can take over much more competently than me. Bernd S. said: Hi, was there any update to this? Now I can't see bar 3 at all?! But the wide-spreading still exists. I really appreciate what you all are doing, and I really love roll20 and how it developed in the last two years, but I humbly would like to suggest to test things before deploying into production! There are here now so many obvious bugs which could have been detected with a glance, I don't think that is necessary. Thanks &amp; best regards, Bernd
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Bernd S. said: Hi Kirsty and Doug, the irritation with the 'half-grid' maps is a very old complaint of mine :<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5775146/maps-for-purchased-modules-a-complaint-plus-a-suggestion-how-to-do-it-better/?pageforid=5783584#post-5783584" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5775146/maps-for-purchased-modules-a-complaint-plus-a-suggestion-how-to-do-it-better/?pageforid=5783584#post-5783584</a> Thanks for seconding so ;-) ! But I have not much hope that they will&nbsp; change it after so many complaints. Just a tipp, how to solve it with minimal effort:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7TMs6ZTEg" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7TMs6ZTEg</a> Best regards, Bernd Thank you for the suggestion, Bernd. My problem isn't that I don't like the 0.5 unit grids. Up until the most recent update, setting a token's sight at 60 feet would reveal 60 feet of vision, regardless of the grid size used. With the new update, setting token vision to 60 feet on a map with 0.5 grid units only reveals 30 feet of vision. I'm hoping that the Roll20 team can resolve this with one of their bugfixes.
It would be great if we gm can decide how the token bars are displaying or an option to change the distance the bars are. At this moment the new option is making the tokens more clunky
I am sorry but this is just awful
Hi, I'm moving this over for Craig B. Craig B. &nbsp;said: Hello, Myself and a friend of mine are trying to get animations working in our roll20 games and we are hitting a little bit of a brick wall in terms of what we can upload to roll20 to get animating. These can be uploaded fine but when dragged on to the map nothing appears nor is the object "selectable." It just doesn't show up However, it isn't that clear exactly why. These objects are well under the recommended 10mb size. I was just wondering if there is an explanation or full list of the actual roll20 requirements for these? Examples of what has worked for us: Torchlight 1 Torchlight 2 Torchlight 3 What has not&nbsp; worked: Dust Motes Bug Swarm Token Any help or guidance would be appreciated. We are also going to try converting those which do not work to .webm but I would still think these should work?&nbsp;
To add to the issue I reported earlier where multiple objects dragged together at the same time do not display their new position until dropped, the dragging tool seems to freeze up after the items have been dragged for too long. I really want to give the beta testers the benefit of the doubt but it seems like they don't even build their own adventure maps, which admittedly probably works well for prebuilt adventures, but sadly nothing else.
Annoying issue that seems likely to have been introduced by these updates. Previously when you move a token to the Map layer the token bars vanished, which is in my view the perfect thing.&nbsp; Now the token bars remain visible, and even if turned off for players are still visible to GM which - for me at least - annoyingly covers part of the map.
If people have bars that are disappearing do you have something after the number? I had the same issue because players had health maximums that had been reduced so there HP Max looked like this 45 (65). This caused the bar to disappear but would re appear if it was just 45. It seem like you can no longer put parenthesis behind a bar.

Edited 1549153962
My table has encountered a issue with the update to AFOW that we've been exploring the origin of for a while. We're playing on a map that is 60x80 with Dynamic Lighting and AFOW on and we've noticed only recently that tokens that have vision (generally from darkvision for the characters), they lag uncontrollably when trying to move them. The further their "vision" (Read: light source) extends the worse the lag appears to be for those tokens. In some cases, the token is almost impossible to move if the light source their token has is too large. Any tokens without any light source attached to them they move perfectly fine with no issues. We tested to make sure that it was the AFOW as once it's turned off, all tokens move normally again with no issue so we're certain this is a problem generated by the AFOW. To test how this functioned on a smaller map, when moving tokens to a map with dimensions 36x18 no tokens had any issues being moved. It only appeared to be an issue on our larger map with lots of lines on the dynamic lighting layer. The recent updates to the AFOW are likely the cause as we've played on this map multiple times before the most recent update which seems to have prompted the extreme lag with moving tokens.

Edited 1549156901
I quickly read through the forum, so if this was addressed I apologize (I saw one other post, but no replies to it). Currently, maps with a scale of 1 unit = 10' and a grid size of .5 are incorrectly measuring token ranges (for things like auras and "light" / sight); it seems that all the distances are halved.

Edited 1549163213
Thanks! Consider this another ask to keep the status bars in the positions and in the order they were before. My tokens are set up so bar 3 is in the top of the square the token is in. I love having them compact and not overlapping other squares and I would hate to redo all tokens if the order is changed. Please also set the aura sizes to the way they were previously. I used negative numbers to put rings around tokens smaller than a full square. Again, lots of tokens to redo if you don't. Please always consider all the investment your faithful users have in their campaigns before changing anything that you can avoid changing. I cannot add images to this forum post for some reason, but for examples of what my tokens look like, please see any of my videos on <a href="https://www.youtube.com/c/d20play" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/c/d20play</a> &nbsp; or this: <a href="http://d20play.com/Rplaying/Images/pregens.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://d20play.com/Rplaying/Images/pregens.jpg</a> Thanks again! Stephanie B. said: Yes, that's a known issue that we'll be addressing. Rabulias said: Token bars have shifted around and fill up the square directly above a token. Was this an intentional change? Can they be compacted back down again?

Edited 1549184846
охотник said: In addition to aforementioned token bar placement issues, the bars have also swapped place - bar 1 is now bar 3 and bar 3 is now bar 1. Which totally screws with colors etc. охотник said: Since the issue with the bars' spacing is already known, can their order be fixed too? Stuff's all messed up. Anton V. said: And btw old bar order was meaningful and very logical, so I would also ask to revert this back. Thomas C. said: Thanks! Consider this another ask to keep the status bars in the positions and in the order they were before. My tokens are set up so bar 3 is in the top of the square the token is in. I love having them compact and not overlapping other squares and I would hate to redo all tokens if the order is changed. Can we get a confirmation from a dev that this is a known issue that will be resolved? E.g. that this is a bug and not intended behavior.
Kirsty said: Bernd S. said: Hi Kirsty and Doug, the irritation with the 'half-grid' maps is a very old complaint of mine :<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5775146/maps-for-purchased-modules-a-complaint-plus-a-suggestion-how-to-do-it-better/?pageforid=5783584#post-5783584" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5775146/maps-for-purchased-modules-a-complaint-plus-a-suggestion-how-to-do-it-better/?pageforid=5783584#post-5783584</a> Thanks for seconding so ;-) ! But I have not much hope that they will&nbsp; change it after so many complaints. Just a tipp, how to solve it with minimal effort:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7TMs6ZTEg" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7TMs6ZTEg</a> Best regards, Bernd Thank you for the suggestion, Bernd. My problem isn't that I don't like the 0.5 unit grids. Up until the most recent update, setting a token's sight at 60 feet would reveal 60 feet of vision, regardless of the grid size used. With the new update, setting token vision to 60 feet on a map with 0.5 grid units only reveals 30 feet of vision. I'm hoping that the Roll20 team can resolve this with one of their bugfixes. Sure, it's a bug which has to be fixed. Hope that you don't have too many D&amp;D sessions next time because it seems to take some time to repair everything which has gone wrong. If it works with 'normal' 5' grid maps, changing them would at least be an option. Good luck!
Stephanie B. said: There wasn't an update on token bars; if your Bar 3 disappeared, that's due to something else. As for testing: I do the QA, but it's the second full-time role I have at Roll20, so things do get missed. It's one of the reasons we put big features like this on the Dev server before release, so that the community can help us catch the bugs that get missed in QA. Fortunately, we've been hiring a QA Engineer, and I will be very grateful when that person is fully hired and can take over much more competently than me. Bernd S. said: Hi, was there any update to this? Now I can't see bar 3 at all?! But the wide-spreading still exists. I really appreciate what you all are doing, and I really love roll20 and how it developed in the last two years, but I humbly would like to suggest to test things before deploying into production! There are here now so many obvious bugs which could have been detected with a glance, I don't think that is necessary. Thanks &amp; best regards, Bernd Stephanie B. said: There wasn't an update on token bars; if your Bar 3 disappeared, that's due to something else. As for testing: I do the QA, but it's the second full-time role I have at Roll20, so things do get missed. It's one of the reasons we put big features like this on the Dev server before release, so that the community can help us catch the bugs that get missed in QA. Fortunately, we've been hiring a QA Engineer, and I will be very grateful when that person is fully hired and can take over much more competently than me. Bernd S. said: Hi, was there any update to this? Now I can't see bar 3 at all?! But the wide-spreading still exists. I really appreciate what you all are doing, and I really love roll20 and how it developed in the last two years, but I humbly would like to suggest to test things before deploying into production! There are here now so many obvious bugs which could have been detected with a glance, I don't think that is necessary. Thanks &amp; best regards, Bernd Sorry, my bad. A blank found its way into the numbers. Still three bars.
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet: - The statusmarker rotates with the character. - Healthbars scale to the size (width) of the token.
Not sure if it's been reported before, but a feature that worked previously, no longer works. (yet another token bar issue) If you input something in parenthesis into the max HP of your tokens ( Like this: "74 (64)" ), it simply doesn't show the bar. In the past you could use this to note that, as in the example above, your max hp is currently 74, but normally it's 64. Not sure what part of this update broke that, but I'd love to get that function back. Monsters that decrease your max hp temporarily, or effects that temporarily boost it are so much harder to track properly now that it no longer works.
Hydrall said: Having poked at this with the help of a (very patient) player, I've found some interesting results. It seems like snapping your lines to grid may be one of the (at least major) culprits behind this. Having my player move around and tell me when he saw the map item behind the vision blockers, I found this as the results: Doubling the snapped lines didn't stop the seeing-through, at least at the corners, and the simple square at the bottom was completely visible through. However, the left box is the same kind of snapped square, moved a little over to the right; for some reason, this prevented the player from seeing through. Similarly the free lines, whether square shaped or otherwise, were seemingly impenetrable... Unless they happened to land on a vertex of the grid, it seems, as seen here. I dunno if this is actually true (or if it has already been discovered as part of the problem), or if I might just be imagining it. Hopefully it helps in some small way. You are a beautiful person and have solved my lighting issues! Thank yous.
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dylan George said: Hydrall said: Having poked at this with the help of a (very patient) player, I've found some interesting results. It seems like snapping your lines to grid may be one of the (at least major) culprits behind this. Having my player move around and tell me when he saw the map item behind the vision blockers, I found this as the results: Doubling the snapped lines didn't stop the seeing-through, at least at the corners, and the simple square at the bottom was completely visible through. However, the left box is the same kind of snapped square, moved a little over to the right; for some reason, this prevented the player from seeing through. Similarly the free lines, whether square shaped or otherwise, were seemingly impenetrable... Unless they happened to land on a vertex of the grid, it seems, as seen here. I dunno if this is actually true (or if it has already been discovered as part of the problem), or if I might just be imagining it. Hopefully it helps in some small way. You are a beautiful person and have solved my lighting issues! Thank yous. Mine also. Now we wait for Roll20 to fix this. I've made 20+ maps with snapping for my upcoming dungeon crawl.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Keep in mind that Roll20 (wisely) doesn’t push non-emergency code fixes over the weekend. Hopefully we’ll see some new fixes tomorrow (fingers crossed). :)
Moving report here:&nbsp; Elyon MJ &nbsp;said: Hello ! I've tried many things but none seems to work. So i came here. As you can see from the image below my aura doesnt scale approprialy. It is the first time i've got this bug but it appears the aura shows fine when grid is enabled (but i'd rather not use it). Also, some of my tokens (this one especialy) seems to have some random numbers showing up for no reason (here the 8 and 0). I cannot find a solution to remove them. I'm using Chrome. Thx for your help

Edited 1549224260
Azathought
KS Backer
Steps to reproduce issue " Sometimes, when a player moves their token in AFoW, the map will be revealed far beyond their normal range of vision, blocked only by dynamic lighting. This is true for GMs viewing as the token, and may also be true for players. If you encounter this issue, please post here with the steps to reproduce the issue." Tomb of Annihilation module map {E} Camp Vengeance.&nbsp; Create a player token with 60 feet light and has sight outside the gates.&nbsp; move the player around and you can see the bug, which wasn't happening a month ago, pretty clearly. Video of this issue:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://youtu.be/UCvEKpXYEAM" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/UCvEKpXYEAM</a> Workaround:&nbsp; I can reinforce all lighting control intersections with more overtly obvious intersecting lines, but it's annoying as I had already done the prep QA on this pre-purchased module map to make sure it didn't happen. This is a regression on functionality.
Moving report here: Richard R. &nbsp;said: It seems since the update, all objects and tokens that have any values in the Emit Light section now emit light as if the "All Players Can See" box is checked. I thought it was a problem with the GM token view using Ctrl+L but that is working fine. I first discovered the problem with my players that have "Darkvision" emitting light and ran tests. It seems even if the object or token has the "All Players Can See" box unchecked, light is still emitted as if it was checked.&nbsp;