Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Animations and AFoW Offical Feedback Thread

About the last issue Artraven copied here from my thread: I feel it very disappointing, because I have paid for a feature I cannot use. Revealing random squares to my party is very detrimental to our game experience, since they have already sneaked secret rooms. I hope the bugs will soon be fixed or I will stop my plus subscription.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
While I feel your pain, it does  need fixing, you could always just turn AFoW off for the short term? Not ideal for a feature you are paying for but until the fix is out it will save those pesky metagaming players from benefiting from free scrying spells ;) Alessandro V. said: About the last issue Artraven copied here from my thread: I feel it very disappointing, because I have paid for a feature I cannot use. Revealing random squares to my party is very detrimental to our game experience, since they have already sneaked secret rooms. I hope the bugs will soon be fixed or I will stop my plus subscription.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Alessandro: As noted in the Known Issues list, the CTRL-L function isn't working properly, so what you see when you use CTRL-L isn't what your players see. However, it looks like you're also experiencing the issue with dynamic lighting lines not overlapping properly. We are working to fix these bugs as quickly as we can, and I appreciate your patience. As a workaround, you can use both Fog of War and AFOW to more selectively reveal and hide areas, if you want to make sure your players can't sneak a peek at secret rooms and spaces.
Again, the only current AFoW page settings that seems to work is FoW not enabled, AFoW enabled (none of the AFoW sub options enabled), Dynamic Lighting enabled, Restrict line of sight enabled, Restrict movement enabled. Darkvision set to 60, -5 on the tokens and AFoW line of sight is not used. These settings respect dynamic lighting walls and still allow for standard darkvision setting with the bleed through or terrible lag when dim light reveals is selected. The only issue with this setting is that the areas which the fog will reveal will only be the areas in which cells the player's token has traversed over. You can actually faintly see the effect of the unit lighting up if you CTRL+L a players token under this setting. It's absolutely not how the AFoW feature was intended to work, but it will be somewhat helpful for those who want to use the feature somewhat  without the known problems with it.The players will get the reveal for the areas their character has actually walked over.  
Well, the forum image upload is just as crappy as it ever has been since the editor update (shouldn't that be getting fixed soon too?), so I will share my findings without any illustration. AFoW View Distance I have found that the AFoW "leaking" at the corners is also affected by the AFoW View Distance set on the token. I have traditionally had mine set at 60, and the map revealing through leakage was all over the place. So, I tried changing this value to 10. The leakage at the corners still happened, but only at a distance of 10 ft. (2 units in my game). Setting it to 5 was predictably only one unit of leakage. Leaving the View Distance blank eliminated the leakage. Now, this is without Emits Light but with Has Sight turned on. So the leakage problem affects the map equally with either Emits Light or View Distance being "turned on." Grid Snapping It might have been mentioned before but I'll say it again: The map leakage only happens when you snap your dynamic lighting to the grid. If you freehand it (only hitting near the grid) then the AFoW works as expected. 

Edited 1550955487
Stephanie B. said: Alessandro: As noted in the Known Issues list, the CTRL-L function isn't working properly, so what you see when you use CTRL-L isn't what your players see. However, it looks like you're also experiencing the issue with dynamic lighting lines not overlapping properly. We are working to fix these bugs as quickly as we can, and I appreciate your patience. As a workaround, you can use both Fog of War and AFOW to more selectively reveal and hide areas, if you want to make sure your players can't sneak a peek at secret rooms and spaces. I detected the issue not by using CTRL-L, but because one of my player told me he saw almost all map, even where they didn't even discover ! Then I tried reproducing the issue using DM control-L, but if it helps I can try to give you screenshot as player-view. Ben L.  said: Well, the forum image upload is just as crappy as it ever has been since the editor update (shouldn't  that  be getting fixed soon too?), so I will share my findings without any illustration. AFoW View Distance I have found that the AFoW "leaking" at the corners is also affected by the AFoW View Distance set on the token. I have traditionally had mine set at 60, and the map revealing through leakage was all over the place. So, I tried changing this value to 10. The leakage at the corners still happened, but only at a distance of 10 ft. (2 units in my game). Setting it to 5 was predictably only one unit of leakage. Leaving the View Distance blank eliminated the leakage. Now, this is without Emits Light but with Has Sight turned on. So the leakage problem affects the map equally with either Emits Light or View Distance being "turned on." Grid Snapping It might have been mentioned before but I'll say it again: The map leakage only happens when you snap your dynamic lighting to the grid. If you freehand it (only hitting near the grid) then the AFoW works as expected.  both your statements are false in my case. Leakage happens and none of my tokens has value for AFoW View Distance + it happens also where i freehanded dynamic lighting lines.
Moving this for 42 Screaming Goats: 42 Screaming Goats  said: Hey, so I just posted something else, which made me want to get off my butt and post about this issue I've been having for a while. I have paladins in the games I run (like so many of us do) so I actively have their aura settings turned on, however, recently those auras are only properly displayed when the grid is on; otherwise it just shows up under them like a shadow only under the token. Any known fixes for this?
Alessandro V. said: Ben L.  said: Well, the forum image upload is just as crappy as it ever has been since the editor update (shouldn't  that  be getting fixed soon too?), so I will share my findings without any illustration. AFoW View Distance I have found that the AFoW "leaking" at the corners is also affected by the AFoW View Distance set on the token. I have traditionally had mine set at 60, and the map revealing through leakage was all over the place. So, I tried changing this value to 10. The leakage at the corners still happened, but only at a distance of 10 ft. (2 units in my game). Setting it to 5 was predictably only one unit of leakage. Leaving the View Distance blank eliminated the leakage. Now, this is without Emits Light but with Has Sight turned on. So the leakage problem affects the map equally with either Emits Light or View Distance being "turned on." Grid Snapping It might have been mentioned before but I'll say it again: The map leakage only happens when you snap your dynamic lighting to the grid. If you freehand it (only hitting near the grid) then the AFoW works as expected.  both your statements are false in my case. Leakage happens and none of my tokens has value for AFoW View Distance + it happens also where i freehanded dynamic lighting lines. I did say it was happening with View Distance OR Emits Light. As for the grid snapping, you're right in that there is an occasional leak in the corners even with un-snapped DL lines. It may have to do with the angle being 90 degrees regardless of it being snapped. I haven't tested that.

Edited 1551015310
Hello, I would like to add to the people reporting AFoW revealing random squared across the map. For the players, not just for DM through CTRL-L. I recently acquired a subscription with the express purpose of using AFoW in my games, only to find the feature is broken and has been for... over a week now I think? For the entirety of my subscription at least. I see in the responses that it might be an issue with CTRL-L or grid snapping or 90 degree angles. However none of these are the case for me: - My leaks are either random squares in seemingly random places of the map, or straight diagonal lines of squares. - These can be seen both by the player and via the CTRL-L view - The origin point is not grid snapped nor is it a 90 angle. The origin point of one of the diagonal lines of revealed squares is a corner using a freehand polygonal tool, the corner is in the middle of the square and is at an obtuse angle (130 degrees or so).
Moving additional report here: Jeff M. &nbsp;said: When using the "hide areas" tool with the fog of war feature I've noticed that the fog of war seams to "stack" for some reason. when I use drag the tool over an area that is already hidden, it cumulatively increases the opacity. <a href="https://postimg.cc/rK7Wtspz" rel="nofollow">https://postimg.cc/rK7Wtspz</a> I've only recently started gming a game again so I'm not sure if this is an old issue or not.
Ari-Matti T. said: Hello, I would like to add to the people reporting AFoW revealing random squared across the map. For the players, not just for DM through CTRL-L. I recently acquired a subscription with the express purpose of using AFoW in my games, only to find the feature is broken and has been for... over a week now I think? For the entirety of my subscription at least. I see in the responses that it might be an issue with CTRL-L or grid snapping or 90 degree angles. However none of these are the case for me: - My leaks are either random squares in seemingly random places of the map, or straight diagonal lines of squares. - These can be seen both by the player and via the CTRL-L view - The origin point is not grid snapped nor is it a 90 angle. The origin point of one of the diagonal lines of revealed squares is a corner using a freehand polygonal tool, the corner is in the middle of the square and is at an obtuse angle (130 degrees or so). That is exactly what happens to me too. Is there a roadmap for the fix?
I had posted a question on the Specific Use Questions &amp; Macro&nbsp; forum, and keithcurtis thought that part of what I was asking about could be a bug related to this update, and suggested that I post it here.&nbsp; What is happening is that, with Dynamic Lighting and Advanced Fog of war on, if a player controlled token is NOT emitting light, the player controlling it can't see it. &nbsp; Here is what I see as GM: In that image, the token for Caradoc does not emit light.&nbsp; When I rejoin the game as a player, I see: As you can see, if it wasn't for the light emitting tokens around it, you wouldn't be able to see the token for Caradoc at all. I'm getting around this now by having all character tokens emit light for a VERY short distance.&nbsp; But I'd rather the players always be able to see the tokens they control without needing to do this.&nbsp; You can also see from the images that the token for Toras emits light in a 90 degree arc, and only part of that token is visible. I've see that issue mentioned previously in this thread.&nbsp; For the time being, I'm going to set that light source to 360 degrees, but that really isn't ideal. Still, thanks for all the work you do, I'm new to Roll20, and really liking it! Marc
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Just a quick Monday-morning update on the top three bugs we're working on right now related to this release: Token bars - They're spaced too far apart and they don't show up if you are over 100% or under 0. We came up with a solution that keeps the bar inside the width of your token, but also represents the over/under values. And we made the bars not spaced so far apart, and put them back in order. The .5 scale lighting issues - a lot of maps use this scale, so we're tackling this issue. Dynamic Lighting gaps &nbsp;- We're tackling this issue as well. I know these bugs have been frustrating for you all, but hopefully we'll see (or not &nbsp;see, if you've got DL on!) the light at the end of the tunnel soon. If the issue you're having is adjacent to these, it might get solved when we fix these issues.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Will any of the new updates address the rotating issue of the Status Icons or the auras?
Stephanie B. said: Hi, all. None of the issues were fixed in this week's patch. I'll keep this thread updated as soon as we put something out to fix things. Thanks for your patience. Please oh please fix rollable tables first. I really need to be able to put my new animated tokens in rollable tables.

Edited 1551165207
ArtRaven said: Moving this for Alessandro: Alessandro V. &nbsp;said: Ok I am having issues similar to this since I started using Advanced FoW and DYnamic Lighting. This is the token settings:&nbsp; This is my page settings: This is dynamic lighting lines drawn:&nbsp; This is what that token can see (I selected it and pressed ctrl+L):&nbsp; This is what happens when that token move in that particular square (ctrl+L ):&nbsp; My answer: why the hell he can see that two squares?? This is just an example, as I told before I am having similar issue since the start of Curse of Strahd and it really hampers the usage of Advanced FoW to the point I am not using it anymore. Is there a solution? There might be a flaw in the lines around here. When you draw dynamic lighting lines, it’s best to draw them snapped to the grid to be sure they touch, otherwise tiny holes reveal light through the other side. I’d redraw the lines on the right side and then reset the fog. Did you try resetting the fog?
There might be a flaw in the lines here.

Edited 1551170326
Gargamond, I overlapped new lines snapping them to the grid over the previous and reset AFoW without resolving. Also, if that's the reason, why would the leakages be such random squares? I'd have expected the squares revealed to be in a straight line. Besides this, I have experienced similar issue in other maps of CoS where the DL lines are already built-in (such as Death House). I turned off AFoW that time, thinking I've done something wrong, but now I say it's enough, it needs to be solved. Maybe it helps if I open the game to you if you want to have a look? EDIT: While the previously showed leakage doesn't appear no more (I really don't know what I have changed!!!), there are other appearing: DM view. I've drawn DL lines of that rooms snapping to grid: Player view:
Please, when you do this, make sure to put them all the way back the way they were with one bar positioned in the token's square. That was a great feature that we really want back. Had a game last night and all the players noted how they often could not see health bars because they were covered by other tokens. Again, please, 1 bar over token, just the way it was when I purchased this lovely software. Also, please allow negative aura values, just the way it was before as well. Thank you! Stephanie B. said: Just a quick Monday-morning update on the top three bugs we're working on right now related to this release: Token bars - They're spaced too far apart and they don't show up if you are over 100% or under 0. We came up with a solution that keeps the bar inside the width of your token, but also represents the over/under values. And we made the bars not spaced so far apart, and put them back in order. The .5 scale lighting issues - a lot of maps use this scale, so we're tackling this issue. Dynamic Lighting gaps &nbsp;- We're tackling this issue as well. I know these bugs have been frustrating for you all, but hopefully we'll see (or not &nbsp;see, if you've got DL on!) the light at the end of the tunnel soon. If the issue you're having is adjacent to these, it might get solved when we fix these issues.
I don't know why there needs to be a solution to the bars beyond "returning it where they were". I do not know what design philosophies you are trying to push but this should be handled on it's own update and not as part of a bug on the DL update. Please return the bars to where they were. If it is not possible please let us know the technical difficulties you are facing with them, the wording on the latest message just gives off the vibe of a larger underlying problem that is not being told to us.
I can't believe its been like 3-4 weeks of having to tell my players in 4 different campaigns, "Sorry Dynamic lighting and token view distances are messed up still... we will play the best we can." Like, you offer DnD tactical maps the same week when they don;t even work with the system. My Dungeon of the Mad mage group is tired of the "Mad mage" messing with their dark vision. How is this issue not the highest priority when basically it is the core of what TTrpg is... maps. It's not just a ctrl+L DM sight issue. I must be the only person on roll20 that could care less about animation, and just want my players to see on their screen what they are supposed to see with their characters. The modules that I paid for, because of the convenience of already set up dynamic lighting are broken because of these issues. They have been broken for almost a month. Do I get a free month of pro because I haven't had a month of working roll20? Look I'll pay you an extra $10 this month just to get it fixed... thanks~&nbsp;
Paku said: I can't believe its been like 3-4 weeks of having to tell my players in 4 different campaigns, "Sorry Dynamic lighting and token view distances are messed up still... we will play the best we can." Like, you offer DnD tactical maps the same week when they don;t even work with the system. My Dungeon of the Mad mage group is tired of the "Mad mage" messing with their dark vision. How is this issue not the highest priority when basically it is the core of what TTrpg is... maps. It's not just a ctrl+L DM sight issue. I must be the only person on roll20 that could care less about animation, and just want my players to see on their screen what they are supposed to see with their characters. The modules that I paid for, because of the convenience of already set up dynamic lighting are broken because of these issues. They have been broken for almost a month. Do I get a free month of pro because I haven't had a month of working roll20? Look I'll pay you an extra $10 this month just to get it fixed... thanks~&nbsp;

Edited 1551275783
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, all! We pushed some code to live today that fixes the issue where setting a default grid color results in the grid being transparent on new page. The release note is here . (Edited for correct link)
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for your feedback, Paku. As I posted yesterday, the issues with dynamic lighting and the .5 grid scaling are the highest priority items right now. I understand your frustration, and while I can't get into the reasons why it's taken so long, please understand that the dev team is working hard to fix it. Paku said: I can't believe its been like 3-4 weeks of having to tell my players in 4 different campaigns, "Sorry Dynamic lighting and token view distances are messed up still... we will play the best we can." Like, you offer DnD tactical maps the same week when they don;t even work with the system. My Dungeon of the Mad mage group is tired of the "Mad mage" messing with their dark vision. How is this issue not the highest priority when basically it is the core of what TTrpg is... maps.&nbsp;

Edited 1551202406
Paku said: &lt;Snip&gt; I must be the only person on roll20 that could care less about animation, and just want my players to see on their screen what they are supposed to see with their characters. The modules that I paid for, because of the convenience of already set up dynamic lighting are broken because of these issues No, I am sure this is the vast majority.&nbsp; Those who want the new features drive the testing though, as they are eager (and possibly less inclined to spot issues).&nbsp; The silent majority finds out about these issues by use, then about the new features as the cause if they look into what's causing it - or make a report that is moved to the official thread. It's almost like blackmail - test the new features you do not want, else you'll get lumbered with weeks/months of poor performance when they are introduced.&nbsp;
Gargamond said: Stephanie B. said: Hi, all. None of the issues were fixed in this week's patch. I'll keep this thread updated as soon as we put something out to fix things. Thanks for your patience. Please oh please fix rollable tables first. I really need to be able to put my new animated tokens in rollable tables. No NO NO!
Stephanie B. said: Hi, all! We pushed some code to live today that fixes the issue where setting a default grid color results in the grid being transparent on new page. The release note is here . This isn't even related to the problems supposedly being addressed by this thread. Why do you think we even care about grid lines? If you're not giving us an update on AFoW (or, I guess, animations) or addressing a specific post then don't bother posting at all. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but as it's been pointed out it's been weeks with AFoW messed up and it has many of us frustrated. Please everyone keep things on topic.

Edited 1551276320
Advanced FoW leakages - another update I created a new game using CoS official module. I entered Death House page. Page settings: <a href="https://imgur.com/a/w43WoqX" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/w43WoqX</a> Token settings: <a href="https://imgur.com/a/hQXAKqd" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/hQXAKqd</a> Player view: <a href="https://imgur.com/a/XIFkuaq" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/XIFkuaq</a> This proves AFoW leakages are NOT related to how you custom build Dynamic Lighting lines. They are even in official modules. I am always open to other tests.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Ben. Thanks for your feedback. The issue with the default grid causing transparency was reported in this thread as part of feedback related to the Get a New Look update, and has been listed in the Known Issues list since it was brought to my attention. Although it was an older bug, it wasn't being tracked in our newer ticketing system, so it being raised here helped give it visibility overall. While I realize that AFoW is your main concern in this thread, this issue was brought up in this thread by other users who do care about this issue. The developers working on the bigger AFoW, Dynamic Lighting, and Animation issues did not work on this grid issue, and fixing this issue did not in any way delay or detract from fixing those other issues. Ben L. said: This isn't even related to the problems supposedly being addressed by this thread. Why do you think we even care about grid lines? If you're not giving us an update on AFoW (or, I guess, animations) or addressing a specific post then don't bother posting at all. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but as it's been pointed out it's been weeks with AFoW messed up and it has many of us frustrated. Please everyone keep things on topic.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Alessandro (and everyone else reporting the DL line leakage), The dynamic lighting leaks are definitely not limited to games you make yourself; there's obviously something in the way dynamic lighting lines are calculated that needs to be tweaked, and as mentioned earlier, this is one of the top priorities right now. I know it's frustrating to have these issues. As a temporary workaround, you can still use the basic Fog of War to show/hide areas until these issues are resolved. I know that's not ideal, and I do appreciate everyone being patient. In somewhat happier news, one of the other top priorities, the token bar fixes, went to the Dev server yesterday for testing. If all goes well, we should be seeing that released to live next week. Alessandro V. said: Advanced FoW leakages - another update I created a new game using CoS official module. I entered Death House page. Page settings: Token settings: Player view: This proves AFoW leakages are NOT related to how you custom build Dynamic Lighting lines. They are even in official modules.
I guess this update needed a little longer to stew before release? Why not do a rollback, fix the system in due time and then release something functional and stable instead of small hotfixes spread out over a month?
I am not using Advanced Fog of War or the Advanced Lighting or Animation stuff, and my auras for my games are now all broken unless I turn on the grid (which my players and myself hate).&nbsp; The original post made it seem like this was only an issue with Advanced Fog of War, so I wanted to chime in and say it is happening with it disabled too.&nbsp; I hope it gets fixed soon, it's making our games more tedious.
I noticed an issue last night in a game we played. We were using Advanced Fog of War with Global Illumination. Now although my character can see 30 / 60 with dark vision. Anything past that does not stay revealed when Global Illumination is enabled. It seems to me, if I've seen a location, it should stay revealed on the map with advanced fog of war. That means when things like Global Illumination are used, the value that the system uses to determine what's been seen should be changed to reflect that.

Edited 1551281017
Stephanie B. said: Just a quick Monday-morning update on the top three bugs we're working on right now related to this release: Token bars - They're spaced too far apart and they don't show up if you are over 100% or under 0. We came up with a solution that keeps the bar inside the width of your token, but also represents the over/under values. And we made the bars not spaced so far apart, and put them back in order. The .5 scale lighting issues - a lot of maps use this scale, so we're tackling this issue. Dynamic Lighting gaps &nbsp;- We're tackling this issue as well. I know these bugs have been frustrating for you all, but hopefully we'll see (or not &nbsp;see, if you've got DL on!) the light at the end of the tunnel soon. If the issue you're having is adjacent to these, it might get solved when we fix these issues. I'm sure it's a suggestion / idea, but is there anyway to move the health bars? The default location of Bar 1, which is used by all purchased content for health, the number 1 bar you want to use, and the correlates to the center bubble literally resides in the square above the token, making maps extremely confusing when you have multiple tokens spaced around one another. In a perfect world these health bars would be adjustable to the players liking. As a fix, you can use bar 2 or 3, but that means changing every token that comes in a purchased AP and every token you drag out of the compendium for 5e.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Jeremy, I'm not sure what specifically you mean by moving the health bars, but fixes to the token bars (Bar 1, Bar 2, Bar 3) are on the Dev server, as I referred to about an hour ago. This includes changing the spacing so they aren't spread so far apart, and putting them back into their original order. In somewhat happier news, one of the other top priorities, the token bar fixes, went to the Dev server yesterday for testing. If all goes well, we should be seeing that released to live next week. Jeremy said: I'm sure it's a suggestion / idea, but is there anyway to move the health bars? The default location of Bar 1, which is used by all purchased content for health, the number 1 bar you want to use, and the correlates to the center bubble literally resides in the square above the token, making maps extremely confusing when you have multiple tokens spaced around one another. In a perfect world these health bars would be adjustable to the players liking. As a fix, you can use bar 2 or 3, but that means changing every token that comes in a purchased AP and every token you drag out of the compendium for 5e.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think I understand the question. The feature is still in testing, so this may change, but currently, one bar always overlaps the token space. If you only have one bar showing (example, health), that one is in the same space. The other two are tightly spaced above, with some workarounds to tweak this a little. I honestly think that this is a dramatic improvement over the original, and has some great features thrown in.
So I have an (apparently) related issue where the advanced fog of war is not being revealed for tokens which do not emit light themselves, despite being able to see due to other light sources.&nbsp;&nbsp; We're using Advanced Fog of War and Dynamic Lighting.&nbsp; We also have Enforce Line of Sight enabled so that players do not share vision.&nbsp; The situation we're experiencing is as follows:&nbsp; If a player controlled token emits light, then that token's vision reveals the advanced fog of war as expected.&nbsp; However, for player controlled tokens that do not emit light, but can see in a region because of other light sources (e.g. light sources controlled by other players, ambient light emitting tokens on the dynamic lighting layer or map layer, or global illumination), then their vision does&nbsp; not &nbsp;reveal the advanced fog of war in that region for the controlling player. Note: Fog of War is not enabled.&nbsp; All player tokens have "Has Sight" checked.&nbsp; All light emitting tokens have the "All players see light" option checked.&nbsp; I have tried both with and without "Dim Light Reveals" enabled.&nbsp; I've been able to reproduce this behaviour in every different game I play in. By way of example: imagine two player controlled tokens (controlled by different players) are in a dark room.&nbsp; One token emits light (with the "all players see light" option checked), meaning both players can see the whole room.&nbsp; When the tokens leave the room, the advanced fog of war was only revealed in that room for the player controlling the token which was emitting the light.
Moving for Seb: Seb &nbsp;said: Originally when you selected a token and hit CRTL+L you would see the tokens field of view with the dynamic lighting, a very useful tool for a DM to see what a particular character can see from their perspective. Now when you CTRL+L a token you are shown the sight for every single token. Is this meant to be intentional? I cannot clarify what a particular character can see during game now.
Moving this over for Nick A. Nick A. &nbsp;said: Apologies if this issue has already been addressed; I tried searching this forum for "dynamic lighting" and didn't find a comparable issue. OK... So this very bizarre behavior began about 3 weeks ago (I'm guessing it was on Feb 9 or 16). I placed a token for one of my players and suddenly he could see the whole map as though it was revealed fog of war (grayed out). His lighting otherwise worked correctly. It didn't matter if it was his character token or his retainer's token. I tried deleting and re-adding the tokens. The issue persisted on other maps. The issue persisted whether we were using my custom map or the Dungeon of the Mad Mage module (which is what we're going through right now). I checked to make sure he wasn't accidentally set to GM. I can't seem to figure out why the issue only affects his token. Update: It seems as though every token on this campaign, whenever we reload a page, suddenly reveals the length that they can see bright light. See attached screenshots to see what I'm seeing as a GM, hitting CMD/CTRL + L on these tokens. Screenshots:&nbsp; <a href="https://imgur.com/a/Rh0g91o" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/Rh0g91o</a> Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas how to fix it?

Edited 1551586766
not sure if a fix has been posted or not..i didn't see it but im tired from work all day but my animations still don't have transparency :( does roll20&nbsp; need flash to be enabled to use these animated tokens?
Moving question here: 7immy &nbsp;said: Has anyone successfully added .mp4 maps to their game. Mine dont come up or the map appears blank. However it does appear in the Canvas thumbnail? Im assuming you just drop and drag the asset once its been uploaded right? The asset has appeared in my library but just wont add to the canvas. Please help!
Ok after extensive research I have discovered the problem wasn't with roll20...its with the fact Microsoft edge has HUGE flash player problems...I downloaded firefox and my animations run perfectly. You should see the miles long thread on Microsoft on how edge even with it saying flash was enabled...it isn't as its broke and they still haven't fixed it after two years.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Kefrem. You should not need Flash to play .webm files. However, Roll20 only supports Chrome and Firefox, so it's entirely likely that MS Edge won't work 100% with the Roll20 platform.
im just glad it works now....was so frustrated.
It's been over a month since these updates severely broke Roll20, and a majority of the issues REMAIN UNFIXED. It's getting ridiculous at this point. If the Devs can't fix it as it is THEN THEY NEED TO ROLL IT BACK TO BEFORE THE UPDATE. It should have been rolled back weeks ago when it was obvious how much was broken and needed more testing.&nbsp;
Phil said: It's been over a month since these updates severely broke Roll20, and a majority of the issues REMAIN UNFIXED. It's getting ridiculous at this point. If the Devs can't fix it as it is THEN THEY NEED TO ROLL IT BACK TO BEFORE THE UPDATE. It should have been rolled back weeks ago when it was obvious how much was broken and needed more testing.&nbsp; I'm not a tech person so I don't know if rolling it back would carry its own problems on some level, but at this point fixes are pretty direly needed. For over a month now, I've been starting my sessions by telling the players "Hey everyone, so Roll20 is still broken and it impacts us in this way....". It is a little upsetting especially when I've been paying for a pro subscription the whole time.
Squirrel said: Phil said: It's been over a month since these updates severely broke Roll20, and a majority of the issues REMAIN UNFIXED. It's getting ridiculous at this point. If the Devs can't fix it as it is THEN THEY NEED TO ROLL IT BACK TO BEFORE THE UPDATE. It should have been rolled back weeks ago when it was obvious how much was broken and needed more testing.&nbsp; I'm not a tech person so I don't know if rolling it back would carry its own problems on some level, but at this point fixes are pretty direly needed. For over a month now, I've been starting my sessions by telling the players "Hey everyone, so Roll20 is still broken and it impacts us in this way....". It is a little upsetting especially when I've been paying for a pro subscription the whole time. I bought Curse of Strahd last September and I had Advanced Fog of War leakages since then, as I said before. So it's more like...monthS, not just one month.