Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Animations and AFoW Offical Feedback Thread

Edited 1553188971
Stephanie B. said: Hi, Ben. The numbers can be turned off by the GM when setting up the token. They are there because a number of users complained that the overcharge/undercharge function in token bars had been removed with the update, and that was functionality we wanted to restore. So, now the GM has to change them all individually?  A breaking change like this is madness, did your QA guy leave or has he not quite got the idea of how games work? EDIT: We had this numbers issue in a game last night, but it does not happen in the game I am working on today.  Indeed I can see no way to turn on the numbers (not that I would ever want to, probably).
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Jim W. said: Stephanie B. said: Hi, Ben. The numbers can be turned off by the GM when setting up the token. They are there because a number of users complained that the overcharge/undercharge function in token bars had been removed with the update, and that was functionality we wanted to restore. So, now the GM has to change them all individually?  A breaking change like this is madness, did your QA guy leave or has he not quite got the idea of how games work? EDIT: We had this numbers issue in a game last night, but it does not happen in the game I am working on today.  Indeed I can see no way to turn on the numbers (not that I would ever want to, probably). Was your game last night on the Dev server? I thought that change was only on the Dev server at this point.
Not as far as I know - never used dev server  It appears in normal list of games, so I think not.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Jim, They're only available on the Dev server, because they're still being worked on. I'm not sure what "numbers issue" you had, or if both games you're referring to are on the dev server or live. If you aren't seeing any option to turn on the numbers, then I'd guess you're on live. There is a default game setting for including numbers in the token bar, which the GM can use to change whether tokens have them on or off by default. I'd like to ask that we move the rest of this discussion to the Pro forum thread , so I can keep the two feedback threads a separate, if you don't mind too much. I appreciate the help keeping the threads separated. Jim W. said: So, now the GM has to change them all individually?  A breaking change like this is madness, did your QA guy leave or has he not quite got the idea of how games work? EDIT: We had this numbers issue in a game last night, but it does not happen in the game I am working on today.  Indeed I can see no way to turn on the numbers (not that I would ever want to, probably).
Yeah just created a game on dev, and the token bar numbers look fine, and default to visible to editors also good.  These are in white, the numbers we had suddenly appear (from no action by GM she said) are in red.  They showed current hp and max hp - and more numbers appeared as the battle went on - until the boss had a string of numbers that were tiny (as they shrunk to fit the token as more numbers were added).  Only affected new tokens created in the hours before the game yesterday.  Odd issue... but not the one being tested!
Stephanie B. said: The initial token bar changes fixed a few bugs, but in ways that took away functionality that users had come to expect, like the ability to "overcharge" your token bar-- that was actually due to a bug that was fixed.  Thanks to user feedback, we redesigned the token bars and have them on the Dev server for feedback. They won't go back to exactly how they were before, but we hope they will meet users' needs. The token bars being spaced out and re-ordered was not intentional, and fixing that is part of the changes being tested on Dev right now. Chris S. said: Does your post mean that the token bar issues are a change and not a bug that needed fixing? I will just add, I've looked at the Dev pages and love the newer, tighter token bars! Cheers! - I would never want my bars to 'overcharge' but understand that for some, it may be a nice feature.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
--- Leaving this here for now, even though I see you checked it out on Dev and also came to the same conclusion--- Ah, Jim. I think we might be talking about different things. This is a preview of the token bars with the text overlay enabled (we're still working on font sizes and such), currently being tested on Dev: Below is a known issue where you sometimes get little numbers showing up on your token (this is a user-submitted image): This second one is a bug that we have a hard time re-creating consistently. If you have the game ID where this is happening, we would love to take a look and see if we can figure it out. Jim W. said: Not as far as I know - never used dev server  It appears in normal list of games, so I think not.
Yes this issue

Edited 1553192187
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Yep. That one is a bug. We have a ticket in the backlog for it, but don't have an ETA for fixing it. We can't reproduce it reliably in-house, so if anyone has a game that has this happening, please let us know the ID so we can see if we can investigate the issue. The game ID is the number in the URL when you open the game details page. Jim W. said: Yes this issue
Any ETA on AFoW fix?
Chris B. said: Chris B. said: Hi. I'm having an issue where every time I load in or refresh my game, the players have the advanced fog of war revealed for their entire light emitting distance ignoring dynamic lighting layer. Its like the fog gets revealed first before dynamic lighting loads in. Seems like just a timing issue to me. Thanks so much for all your hard work on the fixes!! Here are a few pics of the problem occurring. I can reproduce it almost every time I reset the fog and reload. There has been one time it did not happen and everything loaded in very fast that time. I can confirm that this is also what my players see which really spoils and map secrets. Reset fog: reload: ctrl+L on characters with different view distances based on light emitted: and: dynamic lighting: I have a temporary workaround for this:  If I uncheck the players "has sight" feature for all the characters before I reload, the problem doesn't occur and then during my session after I connect, I can tick the box again to let my players see things. Seems to work for now but it would be awesome if I didn't have to do this every time. Thanks so much for all of your hard work on Roll20. I would not be able to play D&D without it so I really appreciate the platform and the developers that let me enjoy this wonderful game! Cheers! Any idea about this bug? I don't know if you missed my post or not.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Chris, It's in the Known Issues list at the top of the thread, but it isn't currently being worked on, so I'm not sure when we'll have a fix for that issue. Chris B. said: Chris B. said: Chris B. said: Hi. I'm having an issue where every time I load in or refresh my game, the players have the advanced fog of war revealed for their entire light emitting distance ignoring dynamic lighting layer. Its like the fog gets revealed first before dynamic lighting loads in. Seems like just a timing issue to me. Thanks so much for all your hard work on the fixes!! Any idea about this bug? I don't know if you missed my post or not.
Thanks Stephanie! I didn't realize "Entire map is being revealed to players when GM reloads/loads into game " was the same bug. My bad. Stephanie B. said: Chris, It's in the Known Issues list at the top of the thread, but it isn't currently being worked on, so I'm not sure when we'll have a fix for that issue. Chris B. said: Chris B. said: Chris B. said: Hi. I'm having an issue where every time I load in or refresh my game, the players have the advanced fog of war revealed for their entire light emitting distance ignoring dynamic lighting layer. Its like the fog gets revealed first before dynamic lighting loads in. Seems like just a timing issue to me. Thanks so much for all your hard work on the fixes!! Any idea about this bug? I don't know if you missed my post or not.
I didn't see this particular issue in the first post, so I'm going to post it here. Currently when I have a token that doesn't have a light source but can see, and I have AFoW and Dynamic Lighting on, with global illumination, my player with the given token cannot see, even though to the best of my understanding he should. Browser is Chrome:  73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit) OS is Windows 10 (64-bit) I use VTT Enhancement Suite but the problem persists when I turn it off. I tried clearing my browsing cache of all roll20 data (i may have missed some if they aren't caught by a "roll20" search filter) and problem still persists. This is the map settings This is the token settings And this is what I see when I press CTRL+L on his token. and this is what it looks like on the GM side
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Veleon, There is a bug right now where light sources combined with AFoW cause things to become darker . If you turn off AFoW, does the dynamic lighting behave normally?
Brian C. said: Hi Veleon, There is a bug right now where light sources combined with AFoW cause things to become darker . If you turn off AFoW, does the dynamic lighting behave normally? It does. However, the token in question doesn't have a light source. Nor are there any light sources on the map. If I give the token a light source it only reveals the what would be revealed by the light source, but not the whole map.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Yes, but my guess is that the global illumination is the culprit in your case. It is a universal light source. The player can still see their token because there was recently a change to make tokens always generate at least a 1x1 square light so that it is easier for players to find their token in the dark.
I suspect it could have something to with global illumination as well, but global illumination works when AFoW is turned off. I only have this problem when AFoW is on. But I don't know the intricacies of the software, so I didn't want to assume that is where the problem lies.
Thank you. Stephanie B. said: The initial token bar changes fixed a few bugs, but in ways that took away functionality that users had come to expect, like the ability to "overcharge" your token bar-- that was actually due to a bug that was fixed.  Thanks to user feedback, we redesigned the token bars and have them on the Dev server for feedback. They won't go back to exactly how they were before, but we hope they will meet users' needs. The token bars being spaced out and re-ordered was not intentional, and fixing that is part of the changes being tested on Dev right now. Chris S. said: Does your post mean that the token bar issues are a change and not a bug that needed fixing?
Thanks again for this preview. Stephanie B. said: --- Leaving this here for now, even though I see you checked it out on Dev and also came to the same conclusion--- Ah, Jim. I think we might be talking about different things. This is a preview of the token bars with the text overlay enabled (we're still working on font sizes and such), currently being tested on Dev:
Stephanie B. said: --- Leaving this here for now, even though I see you checked it out on Dev and also came to the same conclusion--- This is a preview of the token bars with the text overlay enabled (we're still working on font sizes and such), currently being tested on Dev: I know myself and many others would appreciate if the text was centered vertically as well as increasing the width by a pixel or two or adding a tiny bit of padding on the left so the open space left and right of the bars is equal when compared to the grid.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
It would be nice to be able to change the height of the bars when not using text. I would find that very useful to cut their height in half thus less overlap on the hex\square above.
Hi, my post got lost. I'd really like an answer please! Mike Donovan said: Hi! Any ETA on fixing auras when the grid is not on. This has nothing to do with lighting, even without any fancy lighting option, the auras just don't work, they show a small area no matter the size you choose. This used to work fine and we used auras all the time for all kinds of reasons. Please don't activate features until you're sure there are no obvious regressions like that, or don't take so long in fixing them. I keep looking at the list of bugs and it is not shrinking very fast. We could have waited a few months for these fancy new features if that's what it'd have taken to make sure the backwards compatibility was not completely broken. Anyway, I love Roll20, you're doing great work. Please look into these auras, I can't be that hard to fix.
Moving for Connor: Connor R. &nbsp;said: The issue is that light sources will only reveal an area around them if you have actually seen the token itself. Otherwise if you are in a long dark hallway that has a light at the end of it, you can't see that light until you go to the end of the hallway and uncover the token which is the light source. Then if you go all the way back it will show. I would like it so you can just see the light source without having to go all the way to the end of the hallway to uncover it. So I am running into a problem with dynamic lighting that is definitely recent as the lighting did not use to work in this way so I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature change. I would like to learn how to get around it or if it's currently being worked on then I'll just have to be patient but regardless here is the dilemma. <a href="https://imgur.com/a/3ib8ZuI" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/3ib8ZuI</a> &nbsp;I'll explain the pictures below and in the imgur link itself. So picture 1 is the sight range/settings of the character token. Picture 2: The settings that I had before that worked with the previous lighting options that I liked. Picture 3: Uses the settings in picture 2, Character can barely see around them, which is expected, but there is a light source about where the red arrow is and there is no wall obstructing vision from the character to the light source. As you can tell, there is no light. Picture 4: Uses settings from picture 2. Proof that there is a light source, I moved the token 'Franklin' over to the light source on the right, and then back to the original position he was in. This area is now illuminated and that is good. The issue was that he needed to walk over to the spot and uncover the light source to have it actual illuminate light. Picture 5: The advanced fog of war option so your character can "remember" the map but can't see things that would be behind a wall. I want this option enabled, but it doesn't work with the lighting then. Picture 6: Different settings but with advanced fog of war off which is what we do not want. Picture 7: The character is now able to see all light sources, without having to move in range to see the source. Issue is that advanced fog of war is now disabled so tokens can't "remember" the map layout. Picture 8: showing that advanced fog of war is off :( EDIT: Just read the&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7160288/animations-and-afow-offical-feedback-thread" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7160288/animations-and-afow-offical-feedback-thread</a> &nbsp;and it seems like it has already been noticed.
Yeah, this issue is really making it hard for me to justify my subscription. I pay for Roll20 so I can have atmospheric lighting and areas revealed by AFoW etc. It's not just AFoW issues, either. Roll20 isn't remembering stuff I hide or reveal manually. Sometimes grid snapping just stops working. I have big maps that I love to have my players reveal a little at a time and then be able to see all the places they've been. Right now, I have some players in complete darkness. Some are seeing the whole map, revealing every secret area. Games are nearly ruined. I'd probably still use Roll20 without these lighting features; I can put black "cards" on the map layer to cover areas, although that had the problem of revealing the map if the "card" loaded after everything else (many a secret was spoiled). I suppose I could build maps on the GM layer and drop them down to the map layer one room at a time... But paying money for it? I'm on a very limited income. I don't have a Netflix account. I'd really like a Netflix account. Should I pay for that instead of Roll20? Any idea when things will go back to working like they used to?
It would be nice to know (roughly) when we can expect certain issues to be resolved. As funny as it is hearing the pain in my player's voices as the darkness closes back over the parts of DotMM they've already explored, it is going to start being an issue I think. I'm all for old school graph paper mapping, but I don't want to slow down the game too much, and they're stating that their characters are doing this, that should be enough. It's fun for a bit, novelty-wise, but I think it might get tiresome down the line. So, any updates Roll20 peoples? When will AFoW be fixed entirely? Godsbane said: Yeah, this issue is really making it hard for me to justify my subscription. I pay for Roll20 so I can have atmospheric lighting and areas revealed by AFoW etc. It's not just AFoW issues, either. Roll20 isn't remembering stuff I hide or reveal manually. Sometimes grid snapping just stops working. I have big maps that I love to have my players reveal a little at a time and then be able to see all the places they've been. Right now, I have some players in complete darkness. Some are seeing the whole map, revealing every secret area. Games are nearly ruined. I'd probably still use Roll20 without these lighting features; I can put black "cards" on the map layer to cover areas, although that had the problem of revealing the map if the "card" loaded after everything else (many a secret was spoiled). I suppose I could build maps on the GM layer and drop them down to the map layer one room at a time... But paying money for it? I'm on a very limited income. I don't have a Netflix account. I'd really like a Netflix account. Should I pay for that instead of Roll20? Any idea when things will go back to working like they used to?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Simon S said: As funny as it is hearing the pain in my player's voices as the darkness closes back over the parts of DotMM they've already explored, it is going to start being an issue I think. I know it's not a true solution, but have you considered including regular fog of war in the meantime? Open the level they are going to visit, and turn on FoW. The entire map should black out, and you can reveal it section by section. You can still use the other lighting and fog options, but this should keep from accidentally revealing the whole level. You can reveal the map in whatever size chunk you want.
You can also create breadcrumb torch tokens and use that until AFoW is working again. Create a new token with a torch or a flame picture, or whatever works for you. The players will not see the image, just its light. Under the token's Basic settings, set Controlled By to All Players. Under the Advanced settings, under Emits Light, set a dim light radius (the 2nd box) of maybe 30 feet, and check both All Players See Light and Has Sight. As the characters explore an area, copy and paste this token onto the Dynamic Lighting layer like bread crumbs left behind them. You may need to adjust the light radius for larger/smaller areas. The players will be able to see previously explored areas as they progress. Caveats: Too many of these torch tokens can cause Roll20 to slow down as it does all the math for Dynamic Lighting. If you want monsters or NPCs to reinforce already-explored areas behind the PCs, you will need to put the new opponent tokens in the GM Layer or outside of the torch radius. Otherwise, the players will see them. Before AFoW was added, many games on Roll20 used this technique as a way to achieve the effect. Hope this helps.
In my game, the chat stopped showing new entries. This happened after a player jokingly rolled a d0. The new rolls still appear if you open the chat log, but not in the in-game chat.&nbsp; Can we get a rollback yet or are more sessions gonna be ruined by your unraveling spaghetti code?&nbsp;
Moving for Noah: Noah &nbsp;said: Auras do not appear at all if the grid is not enabled. They will appear if the grid is enabled.&nbsp; It's at least a bit better than them not appearing at all, but this is causing a lot of trouble trying to run my game. My maps have grids drawn onto them already, and trying to make them work with the grid is hassle at best, and impossible at worst, so I'd really like to see auras working again.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
охотник said: In my game, the chat stopped showing new entries. This happened after a player jokingly rolled a d0. The new rolls still appear if you open the chat log, but not in the in-game chat.&nbsp; Can we get a rollback yet or are more sessions gonna be ruined by your unraveling spaghetti code?&nbsp; Not sure if the d0 is the cause (that's a new one on me, if so), but it sounds like your chat archive has become corrupted. Fortunately that's an easy fix: A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by&nbsp; clearing the Chat Archive &nbsp;(note: not&nbsp; clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.

Edited 1553427159
Bernd S. said: Stephanie B. said: Hi, Bernd, This is in the Known Issues list-- we're aware of the issue and plan to fix it soon. Bernd S. said: Hi, some great things are going on, that's fine. But unfortunately it looks as if you bugged some other things. I didn't recognize problems with dynamic lighting so far as others here, but I noticed that the token bars are totally misplaced: The bars now cover (hide) the whole square above the token. And I am pretty sure that it worked on January 28th when I played a session. So it must be the last update. The bars were already a problem for me, so I used always the lowest to not get it hid by other tokens, but now even the lowest bar is as high as the highest was before. Please fix that! Hi, was there any update to this? Now I can't see bar 3 at all?! But the wide-spreading still exists. I really appreciate what you all are doing, and I really love roll20 and how it developed in the last two years, but I humbly would like to suggest to test things before deploying into production! There are here now so many obvious bugs which could have been detected with a glance, I don't think that is necessary. Thanks &amp; best regards, Bernd Since the situation on this issue didn't change, my question: is this at least still on the list? To make myself clear: I really appreciate the change that now the first used bar is the lowest, regardless if 1,2, or 3. Fine! BUT: I don't like (euphemism) that now the lowest bar is as high as before the highest bar was. I always struggled with&nbsp; these "invisible" health bars: Please allow us again to put them on a place where they can be seen! Please! Were there so many people demanding this? Sometimes I ask myself why I am paying for it ...
Cheers for the suggestion, I'll give it a try to see if it's workable for the short term. Never been a fan of having to manually update FoW though, that's why I've used Maptool in the past, and Roll20 for sheets/handouts/dice only. keithcurtis said: Simon S said: As funny as it is hearing the pain in my player's voices as the darkness closes back over the parts of DotMM they've already explored, it is going to start being an issue I think. I know it's not a true solution, but have you considered including regular fog of war in the meantime? Open the level they are going to visit, and turn on FoW. The entire map should black out, and you can reveal it section by section. You can still use the other lighting and fog options, but this should keep from accidentally revealing the whole level. You can reveal the map in whatever size chunk you want.
Another good suggestion. I might cautiously try it out, as DotMM is already pretty resource intensive due to the sheer size of the maps. Ta again&nbsp; Rabulias said: You can also create breadcrumb torch tokens and use that until AFoW is working again. Create a new token with a torch or a flame picture, or whatever works for you. The players will not see the image, just its light. Under the token's Basic settings, set Controlled By to All Players. Under the Advanced settings, under Emits Light, set a dim light radius (the 2nd box) of maybe 30 feet, and check both All Players See Light and Has Sight. As the characters explore an area, copy and paste this token onto the Dynamic Lighting layer like bread crumbs left behind them. You may need to adjust the light radius for larger/smaller areas. The players will be able to see previously explored areas as they progress. Caveats: Too many of these torch tokens can cause Roll20 to slow down as it does all the math for Dynamic Lighting. If you want monsters or NPCs to reinforce already-explored areas behind the PCs, you will need to put the new opponent tokens in the GM Layer or outside of the torch radius. Otherwise, the players will see them. Before AFoW was added, many games on Roll20 used this technique as a way to achieve the effect. Hope this helps.
Bernd - I think a fix this is in the works. I see you have a pro account. Check out the Dev server for their latest change. Hopefully this will be copied across to the main/production server asap!
So I recently made my first purchase on Roll20 seeing the new animation features - specifically, some weather effects I could overlay onto my game. They function really nicely in a vacuum, but after making a small test map (15x15) with minimal terrain, no tokens and tiling the animated tiles in a fairly conservative 3x3 grid, I found the performance rapidly degrades. Trying to tile them onto a larger map was much worse: leaving the UI responses sluggish and even causing the jukebox to start glitching and cutting out.
Moving report here:&nbsp; Derek K. &nbsp;said: For the last few days, the emits light feature no longer functions correctly.&nbsp; I have a pro account, have dynamic lighting and advanced fog of war selected. No global illumination. Initially tokens emitted light in a circle, light dimmed at correct range, and line of sight was enforced.&nbsp; I have made no changes to the settings, but now: light no longer emitted in a circle centered on the token, but follows the grid. Dim light feature no longer displays line of site is no longer enforced. Each token is selected to have sight, emit light for 20 feet, with light dimming at 10 feet out.&nbsp; Line of site is enforced. See screen capture.&nbsp; Any ideas?

Edited 1553457578
Hi, I'm having a problem with Advanced Fog of War plus Global Illumination.&nbsp; I and my players are having these problem, in my case I'm running Roll20 in a Chrome&nbsp;Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit) in Windows 10. |My players are using mostly Chrome as well, but some use firefox, their OS are either several types of Windows or Linux. I'm experiencing these problem in my Price of Apocalypse game and in the Sacred Stone map, not sure if I'll notice the same problem in the others maps. When I set Global Illumination On with AFoW it limits the players view for a small distance, that the in game measured as 35 fts: the Page settings with both Global Illumination and AFoW on What the player sees. His view is blocked after a 35 ft distance, the reveled area is square shaped with a 35 ft distance from the token in the center. I tested it, and as move the token the map is reveled still only until 35 ft. And the AFoW keeps, as expected, showing the area already seen by the token&nbsp; I created a dummy account and gave it a player status and logged in as player to see exactly what the player was seeing. If I turn of the AFoW in the Page settings The reveled area to the token is what I expected in a global illumination, but the token loose the sight of the area he already visited, what the token no longer see turn black, again, as expected without AFoW. What I what is that in maps both options turned on, Global Illumination and AFoW, the token see everything as the last picture but keep showing the area already visited using the AFoW feature.&nbsp;
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Dynamic Lighting (even global illumination) + AFoW is having troubles at the moment. You probably want to turn off AFoW in the short term.

Edited 1553495212
Hey, I did look though all the posts, but I don't think I saw this issue exactly, then again their is alot of replies and some of the issues are very similar. Either way I thought it better to post it and have it be a Known issue rather then wait and do nothing and have it be overlooked. These images were taken with CTRL-L , but I also tried "as a player". I also re-did the test area just in case it was something to to with the lines I used pre update. The masked lighting area seems to be defaulting to the closest grid edge. I normally have the edge slightly inwards so as to reveal walls on a map. it use to work, and the map was working correctly before the change, but not any more. In the example you can see the token is directly next to a light source (The Blue balls) yet it is blacked out as the lighting edge has defaulted to the hex line closest to the token instead of following the line provided. I tested this by making the line a few pixels east and it reveals the area correctly, if i push it a few pixels west, it hides the whole area again. You can also see the lower lights entire grid is revealed beyond the masked area, as well as the middle light up in the upper room. This allows the players to see though the wall and can see their is a room/tunnel hidden behind it that they shouldn't be able to see. Edit: This is also an issue when it comes to doorways as the players cant see the door asset as its covred by fog. Unless i reveal the entire hex for them. (Not shown in the images, but noticed it now) Now if this particular behavior is intentional I can alter my map building style going forward. But it has pretty much made all my finished maps for the coming session unusable with dynamic lighting so ill have to go back to manual fog of war.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It looks like Advanced Fog of War places a fuzzy edge on all revealed squares. I don't know if this is normal; I don't use the feature.
Same. I only paid because of the AFoW feature and dynamic lighting. Can't they just roll back the update that broke it? I'm sure they're working on it but it really should be priority number one I think...&nbsp; Simon S said: It would be nice to know (roughly) when we can expect certain issues to be resolved. As funny as it is hearing the pain in my player's voices as the darkness closes back over the parts of DotMM they've already explored, it is going to start being an issue I think. I'm all for old school graph paper mapping, but I don't want to slow down the game too much, and they're stating that their characters are doing this, that should be enough. It's fun for a bit, novelty-wise, but I think it might get tiresome down the line. So, any updates Roll20 peoples? When will AFoW be fixed entirely? Godsbane said: Yeah, this issue is really making it hard for me to justify my subscription. I pay for Roll20 so I can have atmospheric lighting and areas revealed by AFoW etc. It's not just AFoW issues, either. Roll20 isn't remembering stuff I hide or reveal manually. Sometimes grid snapping just stops working. I have big maps that I love to have my players reveal a little at a time and then be able to see all the places they've been. Right now, I have some players in complete darkness. Some are seeing the whole map, revealing every secret area. Games are nearly ruined. I'd probably still use Roll20 without these lighting features; I can put black "cards" on the map layer to cover areas, although that had the problem of revealing the map if the "card" loaded after everything else (many a secret was spoiled). I suppose I could build maps on the GM layer and drop them down to the map layer one room at a time... But paying money for it? I'm on a very limited income. I don't have a Netflix account. I'd really like a Netflix account. Should I pay for that instead of Roll20? Any idea when things will go back to working like they used to?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rollbacks have been discussed several times. For whatever reason, I don't believe it is possible. You can look back several pages for posts by users with far more programming expertise than I for some good discussions of why this might be. Lucian's in particular on page 6. In any case, the continued state of AFoW logically must be a major concern of Roll20. Since they have not rolled back, it obviously is either not possible or would introduce more problems than it would solve.
I'm honestly torn about this. My games are every two weeks usually, so I only encountered the site-wide AFoW errors this Sunday for the first time, but the main draw for not only paying my subscription (Plus, not Pro) and buying Tomb of Annihilation from Roll20 despite having it both on D&amp;D Beyond and as a physical copy was because of all the maps that were already included with AFoW.&nbsp; As of now, it's not even the AFoW that is causing me and my players the most issue - it is the fact that I cannot create light sources that work. I used to have a light spell token and a torch token - neither work anymore. In game, my players have limited visibility when they should be seeing farther - it doesn't even matter how far their light goes, they can't see past 5 squares (20 ft) in either direction... This is really problematic as it is cancelling the reasons I shelled out the cash for Roll20. I'll cross my fingers and hope it is fixed soon. My next game is this Sunday... :-/
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Hello! I know this is currently being worked on, but just providing an extra console log in case it's useful. It's regarding the audio bug with animations (when there's audio playing, animation and audio can both break).
keithcurtis said: It looks like Advanced Fog of War places a fuzzy edge on all revealed squares. I don't know if this is normal; I don't use the feature. That could possibly be the case. I wonder if a slider of "Fuzzyness" intensity with 0 being off would be a fix for this. Assuming it is intentional. That would explain why my maps look darker all of a sudden as I Photoshop edge shadows besides walls that with this fuzziness it makings it doubly as dark. I would rather have control useing a slider/toggle then having to remove the edges in photoshop as I have finer control of the final map look in photoshop.

Edited 1553587708
I've been having trouble with the lighting system for a while now, and during my session last night it just collapsed completely. Character tokens weren't emitting light when they should have been, areas weren't being revealed, nothing was working the way it should have. I had to revert back to just using the basic FoW, which is just tedious and frustrating, especially when I've already spent time setting up the maps for AFoW/Dynamic Lighting. Can someone explain to me just what the hell I'm paying for, given that this seems to have been an ongoing issue for ages without any sign that it's actually being fixed?
Right there with u, buddy. Nathan S. said: I've been having trouble with the lighting system for a while now, and during my session last night it just collapsed completely. Character tokens weren't emitting light when they should have been, areas weren't being revealed, nothing was working the way it should have. I had to revert back to just using the basic FoW, which is just tedious and frustrating, especially when I've already spent time setting up the maps for AFoW/Dynamic Lighting. Can someone explain to me just what the hell I'm paying for, given that this seems to have been an ongoing issue for ages without any sign that it's actually being fixed?
For now, I'm going to bear with the situation, try some of the workarounds that have been suggested, and maybe use standard FoW where I have to. I'm sure Roll20 team are doing their best to resolve things. I'd really like some clear feedback on when we can expect things to be resolved though, even if I'm told it will be x months. That way I can at least steer my campaigns in more of an open wilderness direction. Right now I've got 2 dungeon focused campaigns on the go so it's a bit of a pain in the rearguard.&nbsp;&nbsp; Any word, Roll20? I want to be able to plan things out. The Xyad said: Right there with u, buddy. Nathan S. said: I've been having trouble with the lighting system for a while now, and during my session last night it just collapsed completely. Character tokens weren't emitting light when they should have been, areas weren't being revealed, nothing was working the way it should have. I had to revert back to just using the basic FoW, which is just tedious and frustrating, especially when I've already spent time setting up the maps for AFoW/Dynamic Lighting. Can someone explain to me just what the hell I'm paying for, given that this seems to have been an ongoing issue for ages without any sign that it's actually being fixed?
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
00zim00 said: keithcurtis said: It looks like Advanced Fog of War places a fuzzy edge on all revealed squares. I don't know if this is normal; I don't use the feature. That could possibly be the case. I wonder if a slider of "Fuzzyness" intensity with 0 being off would be a fix for this. Assuming it is intentional. That would explain why my maps look darker all of a sudden as I Photoshop edge shadows besides walls that with this fuzziness it makings it doubly as dark. I would rather have control useing a slider/toggle then having to remove the edges in photoshop as I have finer control of the final map look in photoshop. I think the issue here is more that one of the bugs introduced recently blocked areas visible with DL if they were not completely visible with AFoW. Previously DL took precedence, so that a player could see to the full extent of their token's vision.&nbsp;