Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanatos I. said: Is it possible to Expand the size of the character sheet? especially when it's set to pop-out? and by that I mean, expand it horizontally, so everything is wider, not just longer. The magnifying glass at the top of the sheet lets you to zoom the sheet.
well it wasn't working right when we were testing it out on the day I made the post, but it seems to be acting different now. It kept rubber-banding and shrinking again when we would pop it out or even change tabs.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but either my character sheets got messed up or the casting spells at higher levels function doesn't seem to be adding crits properly. If I use the sheet to cast a chromatic orb that has crit it calculates the 6d8 (3d8 x2) properly, but if I select a higher level to cast it at, the higher level cast dice aren't doubled/rerolled as well. Is this fixable or should I just tell my players to manually roll their dice for spell crits?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
RiggaTony said: I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but either my character sheets got messed up or the casting spells at higher levels function doesn't seem to be adding crits properly. If I use the sheet to cast a chromatic orb that has crit it calculates the 6d8 (3d8 x2) properly, but if I select a higher level to cast it at, the higher level cast dice aren't doubled/rerolled as well. Is this fixable or should I just tell my players to manually roll their dice for spell crits? Hmm, I'll take a look.
I am struggling with a fairly small issue.  I like the template for attack rolls, but I am playing a ranger, with frequent additional damage adds.  The single damage 2 option isn't really enough to address all the cases simply, so I thought I would add them to the description.  However (small thing I know) using a roll in the weapon description is forced to a new line.  Any way that could not be the case?  With tracking charges, hunter's mark, hunter's prey, favored enemy ... there's a lot of 'optional' damage in here.  I'm sure a custom macro would work better for all of this, but I'd prefer to stick with using the atk template at least.

Edited 1478475715
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If you use the atk  atkdmg template, rolls are not forced to a new line, it's only with the atkdmg  atk template that that is the case. Also, if your additional damage isn't applying a different damage type, it should just be rolled into damage 1, the damage 2 field is more for when you have a fire sword that does 1d6 slashing and 2d4 fire. EDIT: got my templates mixed up, they have been crossed out and corrected above. Ideally, it'd be nice to get the roll formatting of atkdmg in all templates and the ability/api command button formatting of atk in all templates.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ben P. said: I am struggling with a fairly small issue.  I like the template for attack rolls, but I am playing a ranger, with frequent additional damage adds.  The single damage 2 option isn't really enough to address all the cases simply, so I thought I would add them to the description.  However (small thing I know) using a roll in the weapon description is forced to a new line.  Any way that could not be the case?  With tracking charges, hunter's mark, hunter's prey, favored enemy ... there's a lot of 'optional' damage in here.  I'm sure a custom macro would work better for all of this, but I'd prefer to stick with using the atk template at least. You can do a roll query for damage. That means when it comes time to show the damage, it will ask you Sneak Attack Yes/No, Hunter's Mark Yes/No, etc. Then output the correct damage.
I just doubled my weapon entries for hunter's mark, for example.
Thanks all - I wound up doing Steve's suggestion, which works pretty well!  Still think it's a little odd that the rolls are forced to a new line in the description, but not a problem for me anymore.
Ben P. said: Thanks all - I wound up doing Steve's suggestion, which works pretty well!  Still think it's a little odd that the rolls are forced to a new line in the description, but not a problem for me anymore. Can you paste some screenshots of how you did it? Would really appreciate it
Hi all, I accidentally deleted the armor class entry on one of my character's sheets. I can manually re-enter the number that it was, but I seem to have broken the 'auto-calculate' functionality of the sheet. If I change his dex, or add/remove armor from him, the armor class no longer automatically updates itself. How can I restore that functionality? Thanks!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Adam L. said: Hi all, I accidentally deleted the armor class entry on one of my character's sheets. I can manually re-enter the number that it was, but I seem to have broken the 'auto-calculate' functionality of the sheet. If I change his dex, or add/remove armor from him, the armor class no longer automatically updates itself. How can I restore that functionality? Thanks! Replacing the AC should be the only thing necesary to fix it. If you open the console, are you seeing errors when you try and adjust the AC?
Leaving the game and rejoining fixed it, actually. Thanks!
When rolling dice using the 3d dice I'm getting an issue where it looks as if it's rolling too many, so healing word at 1st level is 1d4+mod, it's rolling 2 dice but only using one of the results
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gabriel403 said: When rolling dice using the 3d dice I'm getting an issue where it looks as if it's rolling too many, so healing word at 1st level is 1d4+mod, it's rolling 2 dice but only using one of the results Auto Damage Roll setting has to roll critical hit dice at the same time as all other dice, because it needs to know all possible outcomes at the time of the roll. Turn off this setting and the extra 3D dice will not be rolled unless the attack was actually a critical hit.
Thanks Steve, that makes sense
Dear Mod team Thanks for the hard work in giving us an amazing place to play all the games that are out and about.  However I've been having issues with my Spellcaster monsters keep losing they're set spells and I'm having to redue them.
Hey for thé last week my character sheets have been going haywire. My players are fine, but as for me as DM. None of my sheets are responsive to new items, info, etc and will not allow me to toggle npc block settings on or off. Please Help!

Edited 1479227278
For the last 2 weeks, I have noticed a significant delay in adding new line items to character or NPC sheets. I will click on the [+] button for any of the following: Equipment, Spells, NPC Actions / Traits / Spells, etc... Eventually (Aproximately 15 seconds or so), it will open up the appropriate dialog for me to enter in the information, but this is a significant delay when making many changes to the sheets in a campaign. I did not see any errors in the console, and just see a huge delay between Event(Clicked) and actually opening up the dialog. Thanks for the great work so far on the sheet though, love using it! Edit:  Also, is there any plans to make Repeating NPC Action Names a referable attribute?  something like:  repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action_name?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, WinterWorg and Josiah Z. , I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the sheet. Are you, by chance, using the LastPass extension for Chrome? Users are reporting similar issues while they have that extension enabled. If this is not the case, could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Josiah Z. said: Edit:  Also, is there any plans to make Repeating NPC Action Names a referable attribute?  something like:  repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action_name? It's just repeating_npcaction_$0_name

Edited 1479317908
Silvyre said: Hi, WinterWorg and Josiah Z. , I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the sheet. Are you, by chance, using the LastPass extension for Chrome? Users are reporting similar issues while they have that extension enabled. You are awesome, Yes I am using LastPass, Thank you for the help!
Silvyre said: It's just repeating_npcaction_$0_name I could have swore I tried this, but alas, I have been thwarted by my own memory and this worked perfectly!    Thanks for the help (again)

Edited 1479393171
Sometimes I try to add weapons to classes that don't have the proficiency innately, but their race does, the attack doesn't want to work in this scenario, I click on it and it wont roll the die. Even if I drag the weapon from the Compendium, it wont create an attack function, or even let me use it. How can I remedy this?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Firepants said: Sometimes I try to add weapons to classes that don't have the proficiency innately, but their race does, the attack doesn't want to work in this scenario, I click on it and it wont roll the die. Even if I drag the weapon from the Compendium, it wont create an attack function, or even let me use it. How can I remedy this? I'm not sure I understand the question. To set an attack as un-proficient, you uncheck the proficient checkbox in the attack. If weapons imported from the compendium are not auto-generating attacks, then there is something else wrong.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The Maker said: My GM and I are having trouble getting the spells to roll correctly. We cannot figure out how to make them work. Basically we keep getting the same error: SPELL SLOT LEVEL ALL SLOTS EXPENDED Can you help? I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same issue, despite @{lvlX_slots_total} > @{lvlX_slots_expended}.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Silvyre said: The Maker said: My GM and I are having trouble getting the spells to roll correctly. We cannot figure out how to make them work. Basically we keep getting the same error: SPELL SLOT LEVEL ALL SLOTS EXPENDED Can you help? I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same issue, despite @{lvlX_slots_total} > @{lvlX_slots_expended}. I've noticed this in spells we manually enter. Not happening in spells dropped from the compendium.
Franky H. said: Silvyre said: The Maker said: My GM and I are having trouble getting the spells to roll correctly. We cannot figure out how to make them work. Basically we keep getting the same error: SPELL SLOT LEVEL ALL SLOTS EXPENDED Can you help? I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same issue, despite @{lvlX_slots_total} > @{lvlX_slots_expended}. I've noticed this in spells we manually enter. Not happening in spells dropped from the compendium. They are all compendium spells, no custom ones. Thus far we only have one spellcaster in the group and have tested it on him. Thus I cannot replicate with anyone else for the moment. Any advise on how to proceed?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Silvyre said: The Maker said: My GM and I are having trouble getting the spells to roll correctly. We cannot figure out how to make them work. Basically we keep getting the same error: SPELL SLOT LEVEL ALL SLOTS EXPENDED Can you help? I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same issue, despite @{lvlX_slots_total} > @{lvlX_slots_expended}. I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you provide a screen shot of the spell details?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Steve K. said: I'm not able to reproduce this. Nor am I, after creating a fresh game.
Apologies if this has already been covered, I've had a quick look and can't see.  I've given one of my players the Staff of the Woodlands, which gives a +2 to spell attacks.  No matter what I put in the "global magic modifier" her attack modifier never changes. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited 1480373626
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The global spell attack, global save, and a couple other modifiers on the settings tab don't change the sheet display, they do change the chat output tho.
Ah!  Thanks!
I'm having an issue where skills don't seem to be calculating properly.  It's not adding the proper attribute bonus.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Joshua M. said: I'm having an issue where skills don't seem to be calculating properly. On the Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Characters, please locate and delete all Attributes which have a name similar to: "PB" or "pb" " <skill> _bonus"; e.g. "deception_bonus" " <ability> _mod"; e.g. "strength_mod" To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The functionality of NPC skills appears to be non-rules standard. Full details in this post:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4315015/5e-ogl-m" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4315015/5e-ogl-m</a>... In short, NPC skill rolls need to roll with either their skill bonus or the applicable ability mod if there is no entered skill bonus.
Steve K. said: Silvyre said: The Maker said: My GM and I are having trouble getting the spells to roll correctly. We cannot figure out how to make them work. Basically we keep getting the same error: SPELL SLOT LEVEL ALL SLOTS EXPENDED Can you help? I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same issue, despite @{lvlX_slots_total} &gt; @{lvlX_slots_expended}. I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you provide a screen shot of the spell details?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Claire , could you expand the spell details for Cure Wounds?
Hi all, my characters received an inherit bonus to AC essentially making the base AC 11 instead of 10. &nbsp;Apart from just changing the AC entry on the character sheet - which looks like a calulated field - is there an attirbue I can update to AC 11 by chance? Thanks.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Best option is to make an item entry and add Ac +1 to the mods field of it. This is how I do my monk's unarmored defense.
Silvyre said: Claire , could you expand the spell details for Cure Wounds? Question, to cast spells should they be added to the attack and spellcasting area on the bio in order to autoroll when clicked (like the melee weapons, which work)? My GM was under the impression that we should be able to get them to autoroll by clicking them in the spell list.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
If you have Auto Roll Damage & Crit toggled on, spells that use the Attack Output will behave like attacks. Furthermore, spells that use the Attack Output are automatically added to the Attcks & Spellcasting block.
In regards to the mismatch of chat output "ALL SLOTS EXPENDED" and spell tab showing available slots. One way to recreate is to "Duplicate" the character. (Maybe Claire was working from a copied character?). Using a duplicated character sheet, when you cast a spell from the core tab Attacks & Spellcasting, slot tracking works correctly.&nbsp; But if you cast a spell from the spell tab and the spell is also in Attacks & Spellcasting on the core tab; the slot will not be incremented.&nbsp; But, it is incremented on the original character sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; (the ref ID was not updated when the cs was duplicated) You are basically using another characters spell slots (don't tell that player, free spell slots for you, ha.) Deleting then re-adding the spell fixes the issue.
Scott C. said: Best option is to make an item entry and add Ac +1 to the mods field of it. This is how I do my monk's unarmored defense. Thanks for the tip. Done.

Edited 1480951848
Claire said: Steve K. said: Silvyre said: The Maker said: My GM and I are having trouble getting the spells to roll correctly. We cannot figure out how to make them work. Basically we keep getting the same error: SPELL SLOT LEVEL ALL SLOTS EXPENDED Can you help? I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same issue, despite @{lvlX_slots_total} &gt; @{lvlX_slots_expended}. I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you provide a screen shot of the spell details? I believe that your spell may have been manually added instead of dropped from the Compendium. I have run into similar errors myself. The spell tracking api only works with Compendium dropped spells (Compendium spells have an inherit spell level that manually added spells cannot manipulate.&nbsp; This first spell was added from the Compendium (note the 1 indicating spell level next to the school).&nbsp;The second spell was manually added (no spell level attribute available) &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; As to the rolling damage/healing for spells, make sure you have the "ATTACK" option selected
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Michael M. said: Hi all, my characters received an inherit bonus to AC essentially making the base AC 11 instead of 10. &nbsp;Apart from just changing the AC entry on the character sheet - which looks like a calulated field - is there an attirbue I can update to AC 11 by chance? Thanks. Scott's answer is good. There is also a GLOBAL ARMOR CLASS MODIFIER on the settings tab. If you set that to 1 for all the characters they'll recieve that much of a bonus to their auto calculated AC.
Steve K. said: Michael M. said: Hi all, my characters received an inherit bonus to AC essentially making the base AC 11 instead of 10. &nbsp;Apart from just changing the AC entry on the character sheet - which looks like a calulated field - is there an attirbue I can update to AC 11 by chance? Thanks. Scott's answer is good. There is also a GLOBAL ARMOR CLASS MODIFIER on the settings tab. If you set that to 1 for all the characters they'll recieve that much of a bonus to their auto calculated AC. Is it possible to put an attribute in this modifier, such as @{pb}?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
For Steve's or my suggestion, the answer is unfortunately no. You will have to update this whenever that stat changes, but most of these things don't change that often (pb is only every 3-4 levels or so).
Steve K. said: Michael M. said: Hi all, my characters received an inherit bonus to AC essentially making the base AC 11 instead of 10. &nbsp;Apart from just changing the AC entry on the character sheet - which looks like a calulated field - is there an attirbue I can update to AC 11 by chance? Thanks. Scott's answer is good. There is also a GLOBAL ARMOR CLASS MODIFIER on the settings tab. If you set that to 1 for all the characters they'll recieve that much of a bonus to their auto calculated AC. THanks but this affects all characters I guess? &nbsp;Only some characters got the bonus AC.