Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

Edited 1497830108
One of my players is having an issue with the character sheet, it started last week and we can't figure out how to fix it. For some reason when she clicks on her weapons, they only show the attack roll, it's missing the damage.  We've tried deleting them and re-adding them, we've looked at the settings and the roll damage check mark is checked.  Any thoughts? Edit: this is only a problem with one player, the rest of them are fine.  And I tried making a new character sheet for her and it was having the same issue.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Marcie said: One of my players is having an issue with the character sheet, it started last week and we can't figure out how to fix it. For some reason when she clicks on her weapons, they only show the attack roll, it's missing the damage. &nbsp;We've tried deleting them and re-adding them, we've looked at the settings and the roll damage check mark is checked. &nbsp;Any thoughts? Edit: this is only a problem with one player, the rest of them are fine. &nbsp;And I tried making a new character sheet for her and it was having the same issue. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#</a>... You can roll the damage from the attack rolltemplate output in the chat. You can also set damage to roll automaticall from the settings (gear) tab.
Right... &nbsp;However, that's not working. &nbsp;See the Halberd setup and the resultant roll below. &nbsp;Hers is the only character sheet that is missing the damage roll the rest are fine.
Do you have the damage set to auto roll or something else??
Thank you! &nbsp;I don't know how that got switched, but that fixed it!
Problem dragging-and-dropping weapon info from the compendium to OGL. I didn't have a problem before 06/20/17, either with Player sheets or NPC sheets, but this last session, I wasn't able to help a new PC with her drag-and-drop. &nbsp;Neither she nor I could drag a "scimitar" into her weapons field. &nbsp;It would simply show up as a "handout" and not populate the expected fields. I'm sure I'm doing something very stupid and/or missing a very obvious thing. &nbsp;Please blast me with a Ray of Knowledge, oh kind Roll20 beholders.
Chris A. said: Problem dragging-and-dropping weapon info from the compendium to OGL. I didn't have a problem before 06/20/17, either with Player sheets or NPC sheets, but this last session, I wasn't able to help a new PC with her drag-and-drop. &nbsp;Neither she nor I could drag a "scimitar" into her weapons field. &nbsp;It would simply show up as a "handout" and not populate the expected fields. I'm sure I'm doing something very stupid and/or missing a very obvious thing. &nbsp;Please blast me with a Ray of Knowledge, oh kind Roll20 beholders. You cannot drag weapons into the attacks section. You must drag the weapon into the inventory section of the character sheet. Make sure the you have a blank item that you are dragging into otherwise you will overwrite an existing item.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chris A. said: Please blast me with a Ray of Knowledge, oh kind Roll20 beholders. Check out the&nbsp; Character Sheet Wiki .
Hello there, I have more advanced question considering Macro and NPC sheets.&nbsp; I have a macro to roll a Perception check for my NPC (simple: '%{Selected|npc_perception}'). But the problem is that if NPC doesn't have a Proficiency in Perception skills it adds 0 to 1d20 even though NPC has Wisdom 16+3. Is there any work around?&nbsp; Thanks!

Edited 1498410118
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
Looks like the sheet was updated. &nbsp;Where do i go tomsee a change log or something. edit: looks like the stylingnof the character sheet changes when you buy something like CoS. &nbsp;And option appears under gsme settings to managemthr appearance. what a cool but somewhat confusing bonus.

Edited 1498408243
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
Torm said: Hello there, I have more advanced question considering Macro and NPC sheets.&nbsp; I have a macro to roll a Perception check for my NPC (simple: '%{Selected|npc_perception}'). But the problem is that if NPC doesn't have a Proficiency in Perception skills it adds 0 to 1d20 even though NPC has Wisdom 16+3. Is there any work around?&nbsp; Thanks! add the 3 manually to the formula, or add the wisdom mod @{selected|npc_wis_mod} Double check spellings but you can just add the two numbers together&nbsp;
Have an issue with some of the macros. If i roll the macro (GM) it works fine. If my player rolls the macro then I get these 2 errors No ability was found for %{-KeUcXNY2HK6SvJjVsaG|repeating_attack_attack} Mad D.: -KeUcXNY2HK6SvJjVsaG|repeating_attack_-KdrswVdOME2MOP8Mqdy_attack The spell is cure wounds. If I cast it as the GM it works from the macro and the sheet. If the player does it gives the above error. seem like a bug in the sheet?
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
Craven said: Have an issue with some of the macros. If i roll the macro (GM) it works fine. If my player rolls the macro then I get these 2 errors No ability was found for %{-KeUcXNY2HK6SvJjVsaG|repeating_attack_attack} Mad D.: -KeUcXNY2HK6SvJjVsaG|repeating_attack_-KdrswVdOME2MOP8Mqdy_attack The spell is cure wounds. If I cast it as the GM it works from the macro and the sheet. If the player does it gives the above error. seem like a bug in the sheet? Id recreat the spell. &nbsp;The macro is suspect too. &nbsp;I suspect it has something to do with how it was created. &nbsp;Make sure you clearnit out of the attacks window as well as the spell itself.
Is there a way to hide roll modifiers from other players? I was playing last night and secretly my alignment and divine domain changed. This was supposed to be a surprise worked out with the DM but one of the other players was looking at my modifiers and started asking questions.
Justin H.
Marketplace Creator
A search option in the forums would be nice, as to not have to sift through dozens of pages for previously answered issues and I've tried to post this in other threads w/ little success. Can anyone tell me why it might be, that I do not have the "Dungeons and Dragons Styling" selection drop down on my CoS module's game settings? I have started several fresh games using CoS as the base module and I have yet to see this option. I've seen the option through screenshots of other players but alas, I haven't been able to reproduce this. I even saw a screenshot of someone who was running my own marketplace created module that had the DND style sheets, which is how I came to know it existed in the first place.
Justin H. said: A search option in the forums would be nice, as to not have to sift through dozens of pages for previously answered issues and I've tried to post this in other threads w/ little success. Can anyone tell me why it might be, that I do not have the "Dungeons and Dragons Styling" selection drop down on my CoS module's game settings? I have started several fresh games using CoS as the base module and I have yet to see this option. I've seen the option through screenshots of other players but alas, I haven't been able to reproduce this. I even saw a screenshot of someone who was running my own marketplace created module that had the DND style sheets, which is how I came to know it existed in the first place. Game Settings?
Justin H.
Marketplace Creator
Craven, This exactly how all of my games are set up. but I get this.&nbsp; Not this.
According to&nbsp; this , the styling option only appears after you have purchased official WotC material from the Marketplace. However from your previous message I get the impression that you HAVE purchased WotC material and should have it. You say you are running CoS from the module even. So, I think you should bring this up directly to the support staff through email (<a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>) or through a post on the bugs forum.
Justin H.
Marketplace Creator
Kyle G. said: According to&nbsp; this , the styling option only appears after you have purchased official WotC material from the Marketplace. This revelation makes me more buggered by this anomaly. I bought&nbsp;TftYP at release and still have never seen the sheet styling option. I have posted in the CoS bug thread and at least one other. &nbsp;So I suppose the next step is to follow your suggestion and email the team. Thank you.&nbsp;
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Justin H. said: A search option in the forums would be nice, as to not have to sift through dozens of pages for previously answered issues and I've tried to post this in other threads w/ little success. Can anyone tell me why it might be, that I do not have the "Dungeons and Dragons Styling" selection drop down on my CoS module's game settings? I have started several fresh games using CoS as the base module and I have yet to see this option. I've seen the option through screenshots of other players but alas, I haven't been able to reproduce this. I even saw a screenshot of someone who was running my own marketplace created module that had the DND style sheets, which is how I came to know it existed in the first place. There is a bug currently, with a fix on the way, where recent WotC products aren't correctly unlocking the styling. This should be fixed with the next Roll20 Update.
And Justin H. just thought he was going crazy.
Justin H.
Marketplace Creator
Steve K. said: There is a bug currently, with a fix on the way, where recent WotC products aren't correctly unlocking the styling. This should be fixed with the next Roll20 Update. That's awesome! Thank you!
I don't have it either what does styles do?
Craven said: I don't have it either what does styles do? It changes the styling of the character sheet and roll templates For example (top is with styling, bottom is without): or&nbsp;

Edited 1499459294
I noticed that Witch Bolt is not in the Compendium. How do we get that added as my Warlock has Witch Bolt and I want to use the Spell tracking. And might I mention that as I play with the Compendium, I am loving the setup more and more. It has made for an interesting 1st night.
Theodore S. said: I noticed that Witch Bolt is not in the Compendium. How do we get that added as my Warlock has Witch Bolt and I want to use the Spell tracking. Unfortunately Witch Bolt is not part of the SRD, which is why you cannot find it in the Compendium. However, there is a work-around that you can do until the spell tracking allows for non-compendium spells. The main issue is that manual (non-Compendium) spells are missing a spell level that is used by the spell tracking script. To get around this Drag a compendium spell of the same level, such as magic missile or charm person, into a blank spell item. Overwrite the spell's details with the non-compendium spell.

Edited 1499460395
Kyle G. said: Theodore S. said: I noticed that Witch Bolt is not in the Compendium. How do we get that added as my Warlock has Witch Bolt and I want to use the Spell tracking. Unfortunately Witch Bolt is not part of the SRD, which is why you cannot find it in the Compendium. However, there is a work-around that you can do until the spell tracking allows for non-compendium spells. The main issue is that manual (non-Compendium) spells are missing a spell level that is used by the spell tracking script. To get around this Drag a compendium spell of the same level, such as magic missile or charm person, into a blank spell item. Overwrite the spell's details with the non-compendium spell. Thanks for the workaround. Edit: Just tried and it didn't track the spell.
To get an npc's armor to update, I have go into the Attributes & Abilities tab and delete all instances of npc_ac and npcd_ac. Speaking of which... why are there so many doubled attributes? It makes working with these npc sheets a pain in the butt.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sky said: To get an npc's armor to update, I have go into the Attributes & Abilities tab and delete all instances of npc_ac and npcd_ac. Speaking of which... why are there so many doubled attributes? It makes working with these npc sheets a pain in the butt. The npcd attributes were created to solve an issue before the existence of sheet workers and display spans. They're going away in the next version of the sheet. As for why the npcd field wouldn't be updating, that's strange. Are you getting console errors?
Tyler B. said: Hello, I've been racking my head trying to figure out how to consume multiple of an single type of ammo in the same attack button using the OGL Sheet Tracking. I'm doing a Sci-fi themed Campaign so one of the big things is Power or Energy, I want to designate an Energy cost to each use of a weapon. 1 power for a pistol 3 power for a grenade launcher 6 power for shields etc So I was wondering if it's possible to have the ammo tracking on the sheet be able to deduct multiple points within the sheet itself. (X) Power|{INSERT_ID_CODE} and have it take X So if I insert like (2) Power and have it take 2 Power from the sheet's resources. (8) Power takes 8 etc Thanks for you time in advance. Sorry for reposting but I never got any sort of reply :&lt; if it's something that's impossible to do I understand.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Tyler B. said: Sorry for reposting but I never got any sort of reply :&lt; if it's something that's impossible to do I understand. There's not a way to do this currently with the companion. There are other ammo API scripts that can though. This would be a good improvement that I'll keep in mind for the next version of the companion script.
Let me know if you add it, would make my session way easier to manage also great for Elf bow and triple arrow tricks, stuff like that.
Tyler B. said: Sorry for reposting but I never got any sort of reply :&lt; if it's something that's impossible to do I understand. I have an updated script&nbsp; here&nbsp; that will be able to handle that for you. Private message me if you have any questions or run into any problems with it.
Steve K. said: Sky said: To get an npc's armor to update, I have go into the Attributes & Abilities tab and delete all instances of npc_ac and npcd_ac. Speaking of which... why are there so many doubled attributes? It makes working with these npc sheets a pain in the butt. The npcd attributes were created to solve an issue before the existence of sheet workers and display spans. They're going away in the next version of the sheet. As for why the npcd field wouldn't be updating, that's strange. Are you getting console errors? They don't update when clicking on the gear icon, but they do update after closing and reopening the entire sheet.
Kyle G. said: Tyler B. said: Sorry for reposting but I never got any sort of reply :&lt; if it's something that's impossible to do I understand. I have an updated script&nbsp; here&nbsp; that will be able to handle that for you. Private message me if you have any questions or run into any problems with it. Love it, exactly what I needed. Thank you so much.
I hope this hasn't been asked before but for some reason my character sheets (ogl dnd5e) are very messed up while using chrome (see picture). Has anybody else encountered that problem and if so does anybody have a solution? &nbsp;
Marcel said: I hope this hasn't been asked before but for some reason my character sheets (ogl dnd5e) are very messed up while using chrome (see picture). Has anybody else encountered that problem and if so does anybody have a solution? Check your zoom level of the browser. That tends to happen when you are not at default zoom (100%). On Chrome, you can push Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom.
Kyle G. said: Marcel said: I hope this hasn't been asked before but for some reason my character sheets (ogl dnd5e) are very messed up while using chrome (see picture). Has anybody else encountered that problem and if so does anybody have a solution? Check your zoom level of the browser. That tends to happen when you are not at default zoom (100%). On Chrome, you can push Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom. Cheers mate :) Appreciate the help
One of the players in my game is a barbarian who uses a shield and no other armour but the sheet doesn't calculate his armour to include his Con modifier as stated under Unarmoured Defence. Is there something we need to do?
One of my players decided they wanted to play a multiclass character with two separate caster classes (Paladin&nbsp;and Cleric) and ran into the problem of the ability score associated with Cleric is different than Paladin. Is there a way to add a sperate spell tab or set what ability/class the spell is associated with? I am looked at some of the other sheets available, and I am adamant about keeping the OGL sheet.
Thomas H. said: One of the players in my game is a barbarian who uses a shield and no other armour but the sheet doesn't calculate his armour to include his Con modifier as stated under Unarmoured Defence. Is there something we need to do? See this post on&nbsp; reddit about a similar problem.
I noticed a strange bug in the character sheet where if you use a homebrew class and multiclass it, when you click on the hit die button the prompt displays the spell slot type of the custom class rather than the class name. I tried changing the prompt manually in the values section but it resets whenever I close the character sheet.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Xander N. said: One of my players decided they wanted to play a multiclass character with two separate caster classes (Paladin&nbsp;and Cleric) and ran into the problem of the ability score associated with Cleric is different than Paladin. Is there a way to add a sperate spell tab or set what ability/class the spell is associated with? I am looked at some of the other sheets available, and I am adamant about keeping the OGL sheet. I plan to include more explicit support for multiclassing spellcasters in the next version of the sheet. In the mean time you can adjust the attack attribute modifier of any attack spells from their attack on the Core page.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nate S. said: I noticed a strange bug in the character sheet where if you use a homebrew class and multiclass it, when you click on the hit die button the prompt displays the spell slot type of the custom class rather than the class name. I tried changing the prompt manually in the values section but it resets whenever I close the character sheet. I'm seeing it to. Looks like an error was made when adding translations for this section. I'll get it fixed for the next update.
Thanks
I searched the forums for this topic and did not find it, so if it's already been addressed I apologize. My players are running a series of one shots run by rotating DMs, so we've been saving our characters to the vault and then importing them to the new game. The first time we did this, we had no issues at all. The two times we've imported the characters since, nobody's spells work. When a spell is clicked from the spell book, we get a jibberish stream of text "KlhzoIXsl9iEvQaxJJJ|repeating_attack_-KlmnhWZO7ZPN3DIyFGO_attack". Is this a common issue? We've had to delete and re-add all of our spells the last 2 sessions. Thank you!

Edited 1500116936
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Jason C. said: When a spell is clicked from the spell book Just to make sure: by 'spellbook', you're referring to the sheet's Spell Page (as opposed to a macro that uses Command Buttons )? Jason C. said: we get a jibberish stream of text "KlhzoIXsl9iEvQaxJJJ|repeating_attack_-KlmnhWZO7ZPN3DIyFGO_attack" That should only occur if a spell's corresponding entry in the Core page was deleted manually (or, for some reason, failed to be created).
Jason C. said: I searched the forums for this topic and did not find it, so if it's already been addressed I apologize. My players are running a series of one shots run by rotating DMs, so we've been saving our characters to the vault and then importing them to the new game. The first time we did this, we had no issues at all. The two times we've imported the characters since, nobody's spells work. When a spell is clicked from the spell book, we get a jibberish stream of text "KlhzoIXsl9iEvQaxJJJ|repeating_attack_-KlmnhWZO7ZPN3DIyFGO_attack". Is this a common issue? We've had to delete and re-add all of our spells the last 2 sessions. Thank you! I have had the same thing happen. All I had to do was change the name of the spell on the spellbook page and then change it back. That forces the sheet to update the link between the spellbook and the Attacks and spellcasting section on the core page. You only have to do it on spells that appear on the core page.&nbsp; Hope that helps