Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Animations and AFoW Offical Feedback Thread

Edited 1554220270
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Animation and AFoW Feedback Thread Greetings! This is the official Feedback Thread for Animations and the Advanced Fog of War update! Please read the Known Issues and post your comments, feedback, and bug reports below. How to Use Animations To upload an animation, just drag and drop the file onto the tabletop, the way you would with any token or map. The server will take a few seconds to convert it into an object for use on the tabletop. The maximum file size for an uploaded animation is 10 MB.  We recommend .webm with VP8 or VP9 encoding for best results. You can start, pause, and loop the animation using the right-click menu or the new animation control icon. You can also pause/resume by clicking the "." shortcut key when the token is selected. When you pause a looping animation, it will pause for everyone in the game. Otherwise, animations do not sync among users in the game. For example, if you have an animation running, and a player joins your game, they will see the animation starting at the first frame, not whatever frame you are on when they join. If you pause the animation, however, it will pause on the same frame for everyone. Stop Looping will let the animation progress through the remaining frames, but not start another loop. Given enough time to finish the full loop, the animation will be on Frame 1 for everyone in the game. Additionally, there is a setting in the gear icon tab to disable animations. Unchecking the checkbox immediately disables animations without refreshing your game. Changes to Advanced Fog of War Advanced Fog of War is more efficient and should perform better overall for most players. When you open the page settings, the options to enable Fog of War, Advanced Fog of War, and Dynamic Lighting are hidden unless they are enabled. When you click to enable them, the full options display. The setting is also available in the campaign's page defaults setting. (Click for animation!) There is also an option now called "All Tokens Reveal (GM)." Previously, tokens that were not owned by a player (such as NPCs and monsters) would reveal the AFoW to the GM. This behavior is deprecated; the GM sees all. However, we left a checkbox for you to re-enable it if you prefer it. GM Layer Opacity Setting You asked to be able to set how transparent the GM Layer is, so now you can! The slider is in the layer selector: Other Enhancements In the course of updating Advanced Fog of War, the developers refactored a lot of the tabletop display. Here are some of the things you'll find are different, hopefully better: Status icons scale depending on how many you put on a token. There's a "glow" around a token if it has sight but doesn't have a light source and there isn't one nearby. This is so character tokens can't get "lost" if they are in complete darkness/fog of war. Update March 20: The Page Settings dialog box was unclear before; it's been updated to be more clear and provide better functionality. The wiki page has been updated as well . Known Issues with Animations (updated Feb 8, 2019) The following are known issues with animation on Roll20: When the map or largest image on a page is an animation, the preview image in the page navigator appears as a broken image. The uploader progress bar does not update very often, so it can be hard to tell if an animation has finished uploading. Be patient; animations take longer to upload and convert than static images. For animations on the marketplace, the preview "frame" is rendered in a low-res image, so there's a slight "blurring" effect, and when the animation is halted, the image can be blurry due to the low resolution. This is the highest priority issue to fix, and when done, animations purchased from the marketplace will no longer be blurry; you will not need to re-add the animations to your games. Similarly, when an uploaded animation is stopped (such as when the Enable Animations checkbox is unchecked), the low-resolution preview image will display and may appear blurry. Animations do not work in rollable tables; they can upload to a table item, but they won't preview or be sent to the chat as a roll result, and the rollable table token won't display new sides when you change them.  Additionally, rollable table tokens with static images won't display the new side when changed. The new side does display when the browser is refreshed. This is another high-priority item to fix. Animations do not work in cards; they display as a broken image. However, when you play the card to the VTT, the animation displays. Animations display as a broken image in the initiative tracker Setting the page background to transparent results in a thin border around animations.  For table on tablet, when stopping animations, the animation disappears. When you first upload an animation, the thumbnail preview in the Recent Uploads list displays a broken image. Refreshing the page, or just the uploads list (clicking the little 2-box filter icon) fixes this. Static .gif images are converted to .webm. If you are uploading a static gif to a feature that doesn't fully support animations (such as rollable tables or card decks), it will result in a broken image in the feature's preview. Fixed on Mar 8 When zooming in on an animation, the controls do not work, and the animation does not display. This will be fixed in a hotfix on Jan 30. Known Issues with Advanced Fog of War (updated Mar 20, 2019) The following are known issues specifically with Advanced Fog of War If a token emits light/has vision that is directional (i.e., less than 360), players will only see that much of the token. For example, a token with "90" set in its Emits Light degrees will only display 1/4 of the token. The GM can still see the rest of the token. AFoW cell revelation is lopsided on hex grids. The token bars are spaced out too far above the token and are out of order. (A fix for this is on Dev) Token bars do not "overcharge" or "undercharge." When the current is more than 100% or less than 0, or if there's a parentheses in the token bubble, the bar doesn't display. The overcharge UI was an unintended feature from a bug, and was removed; the functionality will be restored, but not the same as before. (A fix for this is on Dev) Token bars can be obscured by Fog of War. Sometimes, when a player moves their token in AFoW, the map will be revealed far beyond their normal range of vision, blocked only by dynamic lighting. This is true for GMs viewing as the token, and may also be true for players. If you encounter this issue, please post here with the steps to reproduce the issue. CTRL-L doesn't work properly for GMs; If Enforce Line of Sight is off, one token will not see the other token's light source, even if they are unobstructed. This only affects GMs, however; the player can see the other token. GMs using CTRL-L will see all tokens, even if they do not have "All Players See Light" enabled, and will also see the full range of vision, blocked only by Dynamic Lighting (see Known Issue directly above this one.) Auras: don't display if the grid is turned off, don't display if they have a negative value, and don't scale with the map value. They also disappear if the token is moved entirely off the VTT. Selecting multiple objects and moving them results in a ping and the objects do not preview where they are moving while you drag them. Entire map is being revealed to players when GM reloads/loads into game Auras and status icons rotate with the token Overlapping FoW hidden areas results in overlapped overlays. When a map has a transparent background, tokens that have been revealed continue to be visible even after the character's token has left the line of sight. (Added Mar 8) When up to 2 in the grid size, AFoW will reveal full blocks, not blocked by dynamic lighting walls. There is an odd interaction between AFoW and Dynamic Lighting where your token will have a square "reveal" for AFoW and a round light for Dynamic Lighting. Tokens without a light source but with sight do not continue to see revealed areas after the light source is gone or if they move away from the light source. The greyed-out revealed AFoW area does not stay revealed, and instead reverts to being opaque black. (Added Mar 8) Tokens that are not assigned to a character sheet do not emit light when AFoW is on. (Added Mar 20, high priority) Dynamic Lighting distance multiplies for all tokens when multiplier is set for a single token (Added Mar 29) AFoW doesn't reset for players if you select Reset Fog. If the player reloads, the fog is reset for them. When map grid is .5 size (for example), dim light does not reveal anything.  (Fixed on Mar 8) Setting the grid color in the default results in the grid being invisible on the VTT. (Fixed on Feb 26) Overlap of lines needs to be more forgiving in Dynamic Lighting (gaps, even in connected lines, reveal more than they should)  (Fixed on Mar 8) When a token is on the map layer, if it has a max value in the bubbles (and therefore has a bar), the bar continues to display.  Fixed in a hotfix on Feb 14. When a token is rotated, its aura will detach and move in an arc. Also, auras of "0" do not display an aura. This will be fixed in a hotfix on Jan 30. For some pages with AFoW enabled, the page crashes when trying to load. Disabling AFoW usually fixes this. This will be fixed in a hotfix on Jan 30. Dynamic Lighting lines draw above the grid. This will be fixed in a hotfix on Jan 30. If the grid is off on AFoW, setting the AFoW size to anything other than 1 will result in incorrect measurements.  (Fixed Mar 19) The Ruler is not measuring correcting when the grid size is something other than 1. This was previously a known issue, but has gained importance after the other scaling and measurement issues.  (Fixed on Mar 19) The page settings have always been unclear about the interaction between page scale and grid sizes; changes to those settings will be going to the Dev server next week for feedback. For now, if you have a page scale set to "1 unit = 10 ft" and the grid is set to ".5 units" try setting the page scale to "1 unit = 5 ft," as this will scale the lighting correctly . (New Page Settings release on Mar 19) Official purchased modules will be patched to reflect the above , starting with recent modules that use those settings extensively. When "Dim Light Reveals" is unchecked, dim light still reveals areas in AFoW. (Fixed Mar 19) Updates January 29 (Afternoon) Hotfix : Light sources without "Has Sight" turned on now shed light. This should resolve most of the issues that I see reported in this thread and elsewhere. The default token now works properly. Deleting a token does not crash the VTT. AFoW now resets for players when the GM resets it; the player no longer needs to refresh. January 30 Hotfix: Fix AFoW crashing when loading some pages. Fix video popout when pressing 'z' with a token selected. Dynamic Lighting lines now draw beneath the grid instead of above it. Auras no longer render in the wrong location when a token is rotated. Auras will still draw when the radius is set to 0. January 31 Hotfix: Fixed the tutorial crashing on load Fixed the new GM Layer Opacity slider so it shows up for Free users as well as subscribers. February 14 Hotfix: Items on map layer no longer show token bars The play/pause button on animated tokens no longer covers the status icons. March 4 Hotfix: Animations no longer have a "blurred frame"  - When the Animations and AFoW changes went out, there were several Known Issues to be fixed, and one of the top ones was an issue in which animations would have one blurry frame. This was caused by the low-resolution preview frame being loaded in the animation. New animations will no longer have the single low-res frame (unless you made one, of course). If you have uploaded animations and experienced this issue, you'll need to re-upload your animations to fix them. Animations purchased in the marketplace will be fixed soon; if you've dragged an animation from the marketplace into your game, you will need to re-add it to the game after they are fixed. March 8 Hotfix: AFoW Sees Through Walls - fixed the issue that seemed to be caused by Dynamic Lighting gaps, but was in fact caused by Advanced Fog of War being able to peer through walls. When map grid size is not 1 (.5 for example), dim light does not reveal anything. - fixed the issue where dim light does not reveal anything. However, please see the Known Issues list for related issues. Webm uploads need to support transparency - Uploading animations now supports transparency in webm files. Static .gifs are being converted to webm - Static gifs are now converted to a static file format (which shows up as jpeg but is not a jpeg). March 15 Hotfix: Fixed the ruler measurement bug that caused the ruler to display the wrong grid cell measurement if the width of the grid cell had been changed from the default 1 value. Now regardless of the cell width, individual cells will correctly measure the distance set for a cell in the Page Settings. March 19: Page Settings  and Page Settings Default user interface has been updated to be more clear, and Pixel measurements have been added in addition to the way things were originally measured. Ruler measurement calculation corrected for Pages with grid width settings other than 1. Advanced Fog of War Reveal calculation has been updated to limit player vision correctly. Dim light no longer allows players to see through Fog of War while Dynamic Lighting is on. March 29: Fixed an issue where AFoW did not reveal using DL vision radius multiplier Fixed an issue where Tokens with sight did not have infinite-ranged AFoW vision when Global Illumination is on April 2: Fixed an issue where global Illumination was active even when Dynamic Lighting is disabled.

Edited 1548817995
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Quick note: We have reports from some users about Dynamic Lighting not working, and in investigating, we're seeing a few other issues that were previously fixed and are suddenly not working. So we're checking things out right now to find out what happened. I'll update this post when we're done and ready for more feedback. Edit: In case it's not clear from the thread below: we put a hotfix out this afternoon and are preparing a second hotfix for tomorrow morning. Please check the Known Issues for other issues before posting.
Really good update, I have to say I have been rather pessimistic when it comes to future updates yet you have displayed that new and interesting features can come out of the forge that is the roll20 dev team.  That said, there is a bug (?) I found. It seems that status markers scale now depending on the numbers of icons which makes them quite unrecognizable. I'm using Firefox 64.0.2, not sure if this is a browser specific behavior. I prefer to use the roll20 enhancement suit which I also disabled for test purposes, resulting in the same behavior. 
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks, Nico! It's great to have such kind words! The status markers scale deliberately, due to some odd behavior when things were refactored (sorry for missing that in the release note). However, we'll take a look and see if we can make them a little more visible and usable.
I am now having the issues mentioned with Dynamic Lighting...none of the light sources I created, whether on the Dynamic Lighting layer, Map layer, or Token layer, are working anymore. I have refreshed the game several times to no avail, and I even re-created some of my light sources (torches, etc) to see if that worked. It didn't. All of those have entries under Light Radius/Start of Dim, and the All Players See Light box is checked. I am not having the same problem with character tokens that are linked to a sheet, however...if they do not have any entries under Emits Light, they do not emit any light as expected. If they do, they still do. It is only the non-character tokens that are no longer emitting any light. In my Game Settings, the only default I have checked is Grid Enabled, everything else I do manually on the map or token itself, as needed. But on the maps in question where the problem is occurring, I definitely have Dynamic Lighting Enabled, as well as Enforce Line of Sight and Restrict Movement. My browser is Mozilla Firefox and my OS is Windows 7. I'm not sure what you mean by "Game ID" (the name of the game is "Thousand Eyes of Aumag-Bel".
I too was having problems with the dynamic lighting, but I notice that when I turn on has sight on the token admitting the light, it will then give off light as before.  This wasnt needed before the update so maybe something went wonky there.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Good job with the updates, I can hardly wait to try them out! With regard to animations on the Marketplace: Will there be a category for searching these? If not, might I suggest that Roll20 collaborate with Marketplace artists to develop a common tag? It would be a shame if this new type of offering were to suffer by being unfindable.
Just thought I should mention here that the AFoW seems to not recognize corners and lets people view through them. I imagine it's something to do with not recognizing the endpoints of line segments as also part of the lines? 
The dynamic lighting seems to be working for tokens that "Has Sight" but not for tokens that don't have that option checked.
Dean
Roll20 Team
keithcurtis said: Good job with the updates, I can hardly wait to try them out! With regard to animations on the Marketplace: Will there be a category for searching these? If not, might I suggest that Roll20 collaborate with Marketplace artists to develop a common tag? It would be a shame if this new type of offering were to suffer by being unfindable. We will be having an animations tag, which will be expanded upon with upcoming marketplace search upgrades which are in planning :)
Also, I think something is up with "has sight" versus "all players see light." I don't seem to be able to create static lights anymore without checking "Has Sight." Is this intended? Will having a bunch of tokens with sight slow it down like in the old version?
It seems to disregard the "All players see light" option completely. Tokens that has sight can see with the sight they have. But other objects around them are irrelevant.
Since the update my chrome page crashes every time i try to toggle on advanced Fog of War.
Additionally, it seems as If the "Has Sight" allows every token to view their "sight" as if they were tagged with "all players see light".
Kixao said: It seems to disregard the "All players see light" option completely. Tokens that has sight can see with the sight they have. But other objects around them are irrelevant. Kixao said: Additionally, it seems as If the "Has Sight" allows every token to view their "sight" as if they were tagged with "all players see light". Yeah, my general understanding of this is that "all players see light" does nothing, and "has sight" does both functions at once.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Very nice, particularly if the search carries into the in game Marketplace search. Thanks, Dean. Dean said: keithcurtis said: Good job with the updates, I can hardly wait to try them out! With regard to animations on the Marketplace: Will there be a category for searching these? If not, might I suggest that Roll20 collaborate with Marketplace artists to develop a common tag? It would be a shame if this new type of offering were to suffer by being unfindable. We will be having an animations tag, which will be expanded upon with upcoming marketplace search upgrades which are in planning :)
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Anthony V. said: Since the update my chrome page crashes every time i try to toggle on advanced Fog of War. Can you provide a console log for this? We cannot recreate this issue on our end, but it seems pretty important.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Olivia M. said: Just thought I should mention here that the AFoW seems to not recognize corners and lets people view through them. I imagine it's something to do with not recognizing the endpoints of line segments as also part of the lines?  Olivia, can you post a screenshot or a link to one for that? We can't recreate that issue.
Stephanie B. said: Olivia M. said: Just thought I should mention here that the AFoW seems to not recognize corners and lets people view through them. I imagine it's something to do with not recognizing the endpoints of line segments as also part of the lines?&nbsp; Olivia, can you post a screenshot or a link to one for that? We can't recreate that issue. Sure. I tried to upload a screenshot earlier, but my computer was not having it. Let me try to get those as links. <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/317275216940367874/539912464767385622/corner1.PNG" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/317275216940367874/539912464767385622/corner1.PNG</a> Here is the corner and part of the hallway, currently dark and covered by the fog of war. <a href="https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/317275216940367874/539912485961072642/corner2.PNG" rel="nofollow">https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/317275216940367874/539912485961072642/corner2.PNG</a> When our friend Rhys approaches the corner, it also illuminates the inside of the room beyond, even though there are no openings to that room. For the record, with these screenshots, Rhys is the only token with light or sight on the page.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Can you also let us know what the page settings are for that page? It sounds like dynamic lighting isn't turned on, perhaps? Olivia M. said: Stephanie B. said: Olivia M. said: Just thought I should mention here that the AFoW seems to not recognize corners and lets people view through them. I imagine it's something to do with not recognizing the endpoints of line segments as also part of the lines?&nbsp; Olivia, can you post a screenshot or a link to one for that? We can't recreate that issue. Sure. I tried to upload a screenshot earlier, but my computer was not having it. Let me try to get those as links. <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/317275216940367874/539912464767385622/corner1.PNG" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/317275216940367874/539912464767385622/corner1.PNG</a> Here is the corner and part of the hallway, currently dark and covered by the fog of war. <a href="https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/317275216940367874/539912485961072642/corner2.PNG" rel="nofollow">https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/317275216940367874/539912485961072642/corner2.PNG</a> When our friend Rhys approaches the corner, it also illuminates the inside of the room beyond, even though there are no openings to that room. For the record, with these screenshots, Rhys is the only token with light or sight on the page.
Stephanie B. said: Can you also let us know what the page settings are for that page? It sounds like dynamic lighting isn't turned on, perhaps? Fog of war disabled, AFoW enabled, Dynamic lighting enabled, enforce line of sight, only update on drop, restrict movement.&nbsp;
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Great! What's the name of the game? We&nbsp;may need to take a peek and see what's going on, there, since we can't recreate it on our end. Olivia M. said: Stephanie B. said: Can you also let us know what the page settings are for that page? It sounds like dynamic lighting isn't turned on, perhaps? Fog of war disabled, AFoW enabled, Dynamic lighting enabled, enforce line of sight, only update on drop, restrict movement.&nbsp;
Setting an aura radius of 0 no longer shows an aura at all. In addition, setting an aura and then rotating a token causes the aura to shoot off in an arc, eventually returning to the token after a complete rotation is completed.

Edited 1548798663
Sophie C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
My Dynamic Lighting also has stopped working with the new update. Emitting light/players seeing light doesn't work on anything, but if I click "has sight," it emits light (but I don't want every light source to have sight, of course). The problem is present in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Even when I disable Dynamic Lighting, the map remains dark as if it was still enabled (without the light sources). The lighting was working this morning, then when the GM layer opacity slider appeared the Dynamic Lighting immediately stopped. Another problem I noticed is that the "copy to folder" option doesn't work, like when I want to copy a token to a different folder or whatever. It won't show up in the new folder. Help!! :( EDIT: Here's my game if you want to tinker around:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1873946/the-realm" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1873946/the-realm</a> Thanks, you guys!!!
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Same here it's borked! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3841529/gurps-working-copy" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3841529/gurps-working-copy</a>

Edited 1548799325
I'm also finding that some of my maps just straight up won't load, such as map #25-27 and map #33-41 in this game. Trying to switch to either of those maps just results in the load screen hanging. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3911872/eberronian-endeavours" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3911872/eberronian-endeavours</a>
Sophie C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Follow up: It works again!! I don't know what happened or what you guys did, but thank you so much! :)
Token bars have shifted around and fill up the square directly above a token. Was this an intentional change? Can they be compacted back down again?
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, everyone! We just pushed out a hotfix that fixes the following issues: Light sources without "Has Sight" turned on now shed light. This should resolve most of the issues that I see reported in this thread and elsewhere. The default token now works properly. Deleting a token does not crash the VTT. AFoW now resets for players when the GM resets it; the player no longer needs to refresh. Make sure you refresh your game to get the hotfix.&nbsp;
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Luke, Can you please post your console log from when you're trying to load your map? You can reach the console log through your web browser's developer tools (F12 on Firefox and Chrome in Windows).&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Luke said: I'm also finding that some of my maps just straight up won't load, such as map #25-27 and map #33-41 in this game. Trying to switch to either of those maps just results in the load screen hanging. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3911872/eberronian-endeavours" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3911872/eberronian-endeavours</a>
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Yes, that's a known issue that we'll be addressing. Rabulias said: Token bars have shifted around and fill up the square directly above a token. Was this an intentional change? Can they be compacted back down again?
There's still an issue where one token/player can see the sight of another token/player if that player is say in complete darkness. Even though they shouldn't. It's as if the player tokens still emit light to other tokens. Btw. thanks for the quick hotfixes!!

Edited 1548802580
<a href="https://pastebin.com/tAvyQPrx" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/tAvyQPrx</a> Stephanie B. said: Luke, Can you please post your console log from when you're trying to load your map? You can reach the console log through your web browser's developer tools (F12 on Firefox and Chrome in Windows).&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Luke said: I'm also finding that some of my maps just straight up won't load, such as map #25-27 and map #33-41 in this game. Trying to switch to either of those maps just results in the load screen hanging. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3911872/eberronian-endeavours" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3911872/eberronian-endeavours</a>

Edited 1548802601
Also <a href="https://pastebin.com/JVfrGadE" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/JVfrGadE</a> Luke said: <a href="https://pastebin.com/tAvyQPrx" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/tAvyQPrx</a> Stephanie B. said: Luke, Can you please post your console log from when you're trying to load your map? You can reach the console log through your web browser's developer tools (F12 on Firefox and Chrome in Windows).&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Luke said: I'm also finding that some of my maps just straight up won't load, such as map #25-27 and map #33-41 in this game. Trying to switch to either of those maps just results in the load screen hanging. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3911872/eberronian-endeavours" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3911872/eberronian-endeavours</a>
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Kixao said: There's still an issue where one token/player can see the sight of another token/player if that player is say in complete darkness. Even though they shouldn't. It's as if the player tokens still emit light to other tokens. Btw. thanks for the quick hotfixes!! Kixao: I can't recreate this issue. What browser/OS are you using, and can you post a console log from one of the players who is seeing someone they shouldn't?
Liv's Dark Sun 5e. Stephanie B. said: Great! What's the name of the game? We&nbsp;may need to take a peek and see what's going on, there, since we can't recreate it on our end. Olivia M. said: Stephanie B. said: Can you also let us know what the page settings are for that page? It sounds like dynamic lighting isn't turned on, perhaps? Fog of war disabled, AFoW enabled, Dynamic lighting enabled, enforce line of sight, only update on drop, restrict movement.&nbsp;
First of all - I LOVE the new animation features!&nbsp; When pressing Z or Shift-Z to zoom in on an animation, the player doesn't seem to be working. The buttons don't work :( Browser/OS: Chrome/Windows 10 <a href="https://gyazo.com/ed08d9f9a057e2b46c50a740d6ba5f57" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/ed08d9f9a057e2b46c50a740d6ba5f57</a> &nbsp;
This is still happening after the hotfix. Luke said: Setting an aura radius of 0 no longer shows an aura at all. In addition, setting an aura and then rotating a token causes the aura to shoot off in an arc, eventually returning to the token after a complete rotation is completed.
Also seeing the issue where tokens can see light from other tokens when the option isn't selected.&nbsp; Its like the token always has all players see light on even when its not checked.&nbsp; Using latest version of mozilla firefox, windows 8.&nbsp; Havent been able to test with another player, but when I use ctrl L to see their view, the token can see the light from everyone else.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Tom, Definitely let me know if you can recreate this with a non-GM view. There are known issues with the GM view and CTRL-L. Tom said: Also seeing the issue where tokens can see light from other tokens when the option isn't selected.&nbsp; Its like the token always has all players see light on even when its not checked.&nbsp; Using latest version of mozilla firefox, windows 8.&nbsp; Havent been able to test with another player, but when I use ctrl L to see their view, the token can see the light from everyone else.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks, Luke. Your report was posted after we were ready to push the hotfix, so we have not fixed that yet. Luke said: This is still happening after the hotfix. Luke said: Setting an aura radius of 0 no longer shows an aura at all. In addition, setting an aura and then rotating a token causes the aura to shoot off in an arc, eventually returning to the token after a complete rotation is completed.
&nbsp;I thought I'd try out roll20's new January 29th release of animations, and was pleasantly surprised that some gifs work. However, some aren't showing up. They upload, and even show up on the page toolbar but they just won't load on the main page. Any ideas? Another issue I'm noticing is the gifs that I can upload and put on are shaking. They are smooth gifs before uploading to roll20, and then when you upload them they sort of blur.
Trying to upload an .mp4 file results in an endless "Uploading" window. It's only 2.2mb.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Kobold: The blur is in the known issues; it's the top priority to fix this week. When you say the gifs show up on the page toolbar, but won't load on the main page, where exactly are you seeing them show up or not show up? Does the problem persist if you refresh the browser? Jay: Can you open the console window while the mp4 is uploading and post what it says? The progress bar doesn't really update, and a 2.2 MB animation can take a lot longer than you think. You'll know it's done after the console log says "Uploading a size: 512x512" but if you get that message and it still doesn't show up, then that console log will help us diagnose the issue.
aura on a token is offset. I set a token aura but rather than be around the token, it seems centered off the map.&nbsp;
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks, Hoot. Is the token rotated, by any chance? If so, we will have a fix out tomorrow. Hoot Games said: aura on a token is offset. I set a token aura but rather than be around the token, it seems centered off the map.&nbsp;
Stephanie B. said: Hi, Kobold: The blur is in the known issues; it's the top priority to fix this week. When you say the gifs show up on the page toolbar, but won't load on the main page, where exactly are you seeing them show up or not show up? Does the problem persist if you refresh the browser? &nbsp;Hey Stephanie, &nbsp;For example, I uploaded this one, it's uploaded and in my library, however, when I drag it onto the grid, it won't show up, however it shows up on the toolbar, like it's there, but it's not showing up.

Edited 1548813291
Sorry, the image uploader timed out, I'll link it on imgur:&nbsp;

Edited 1548812084
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm not sure if you tried to upload an image with your reply-- sometimes images take a few tries to upload to the forums. I see your screen shot now-- thanks! Anyway: When you say it shows up on the toolbar, do you mean: the page navigation at the top of the VTT?&nbsp; The sidebar where there are a bunch of tabs. If so, which tab?&nbsp; Someplace else? Have you refreshed the browser? When I had this issue before during testing, a refresh resolved the issue. Kobold said: Stephanie B. said: Hi, Kobold: The blur is in the known issues; it's the top priority to fix this week. When you say the gifs show up on the page toolbar, but won't load on the main page, where exactly are you seeing them show up or not show up? Does the problem persist if you refresh the browser? &nbsp;Hey Stephanie, &nbsp;For example, I uploaded this one, it's uploaded and in my library, however, when I drag it onto the grid, it won't show up, however it shows up on the toolbar, like it's there, but it's not showing up.
&nbsp;Yep, I have tried. But, nope it doesn't resolve the issue. Stephanie B. said: I'm not sure if you tried to upload an image with your reply-- sometimes images take a few tries to upload to the forums. I see your screen shot now-- thanks! Anyway: When you say it shows up on the toolbar, do you mean: the page navigation at the top of the VTT?&nbsp; The sidebar where there are a bunch of tabs. If so, which tab?&nbsp; Someplace else? Have you refreshed the browser? When I had this issue before during testing, a refresh resolved the issue. Kobold said: Stephanie B. said: Hi, Kobold: The blur is in the known issues; it's the top priority to fix this week. When you say the gifs show up on the page toolbar, but won't load on the main page, where exactly are you seeing them show up or not show up? Does the problem persist if you refresh the browser? &nbsp;Hey Stephanie, &nbsp;For example, I uploaded this one, it's uploaded and in my library, however, when I drag it onto the grid, it won't show up, however it shows up on the toolbar, like it's there, but it's not showing up.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
OK, thanks. Can you post the game name or ID so we can look into it tomorrow and see if we can find the problem? Kobold said: &nbsp;Yep, I have tried. But, nope it doesn't resolve the issue. Stephanie B. said: I'm not sure if you tried to upload an image with your reply-- sometimes images take a few tries to upload to the forums. I see your screen shot now-- thanks! Anyway: When you say it shows up on the toolbar, do you mean: the page navigation at the top of the VTT?&nbsp; The sidebar where there are a bunch of tabs. If so, which tab?&nbsp; Someplace else? Have you refreshed the browser? When I had this issue before during testing, a refresh resolved the issue. Kobold said: Stephanie B. said: Hi, Kobold: The blur is in the known issues; it's the top priority to fix this week. When you say the gifs show up on the page toolbar, but won't load on the main page, where exactly are you seeing them show up or not show up? Does the problem persist if you refresh the browser? &nbsp;Hey Stephanie, &nbsp;For example, I uploaded this one, it's uploaded and in my library, however, when I drag it onto the grid, it won't show up, however it shows up on the toolbar, like it's there, but it's not showing up.