Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.6

Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Rollers, We've rolled out an update to the OGL sheet today. Changes are: Flat Bonus field on tool and custom skills. AC no longer auto-calculates if you're using the simple inventory system NPCs formatting has been stylized to help support negative bonuses Better translation support and bugfixes Custom Spell DC Save modifier Custom AC Calculation formatting Bugfix: Global save bonus now being properly updated by custom items Bugfix: Compendium health formula values fixed for some creatures Bugfix: Setting spell attacks manually now correctly triggers attack Bugfix: NPCs no longer roll 3D crit dice on non-crit hits API Companion: Bugfix for double split failures for  API Companion: Bugfix HP now updates to HP_max on longrest API Companion: Bugfix Total Weight now updates when ammo is loosed API Companion: Bugfix Spellcard Cantrips no longer trigger spell expendatures Let us know what you think!
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
Good work Steve!

Edited 1467960639
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Brent W. said: I have added the items in my inventory on the lower panel, and the spells are in my spell book. Only 1 spell shows up in my Attacks panel, and the spear that I have will not roll when I click on it. Any insight would be great. I think it is a simple problem, but I just can't figure it out. Thanks for the help! Spells can be added to the Attacks & Spellcasting block by toggling their Output from SPELLCARD to ATTACK. (See: Spell Roll Buttons .) Regarding the spell that's not working—it might help determine what the issue is if you could post the malfunctioning code output by the corresponding Sheet Roll Button . Check out that link for instruction on how to acquire this output.
Hello,  I want to create a game of D&D5, so I probing and testing a little the 5th Edition OGL sheets. I like it and notably the fact that you could drag an drop from the compendium, but unfortunatly I can not make it work. How do you drag/drop items, spells, etc... ? Thanks in advance for your time.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey Zorlun! There's a great little animated gif in the  wiki that shows how to do what you're asking.
Yep, saw it, I looked at the wiki before posting, but when I try it does not work.  I must be missing something I think, but I do not know what.  So I would like some help on the "how to do it", please.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Zorlun, are you using Window Popouts for Characters ? (Presently, the Compendium's drag-and-drop functionality only works without that option checked.) If not, make sure that the section of the Character Sheet that you're trying to drag-and-drop into highlights yellow before releasing your mouse button.

Edited 1468048558
Is it possible using the OGL sheets to create an 'attack' with more than two damage rolls attached to it? For example, I am using Booming Blade which deals my normal weapon attack damage, an additional thunder damage immediately, and then a 3rd thunder damage if they move (Which is a separate amount from the first thunder roll). The situation only gets worse if you need to also add in things like Hex or Superiority Dice, or sneak attack etc. Is there any way to add in more than two damage rolls for an attack? I could technically add them under the description section, but I am not sure if it's possible to automatically roll additional dice on critical hits using hard [[1d6]] type rolls.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greg M. said: Is it possible using the OGL sheets to create an 'attack' with more than two damage rolls attached to it? For example, I am using Booming Blade which deals my normal weapon attack damage, an additional thunder damage immediately, and then a 3rd thunder damage if they move (Which is a separate amount from the first thunder roll). The situation only gets worse if you need to also add in things like Hex or Superiority Dice, or sneak attack etc. Is there any way to add in more than two damage rolls for an attack? I could technically add them under the description section, but I am not sure if it's possible to automatically roll additional dice on critical hits using hard [[1d6]] type rolls. If the damage is always going to be applied like high level initial Booming Blade damage you can just add it to the 1st damage IE: "1d10+1d8" and then for damage type say "Slashing/Thunder". Then for the 2nd damage you could put your other conditional things.  You could even have the damage queried like "1d10 + ?{Sneak Attack|Yes,1d6|No,0d0}". That would query whether or not the attack is a sneak attack every time you use it and you can include the damage if it is. That said, I personally am a big fan of not rolling conditional rolls/damage until they're needed. It's why I designed the "roll damage from the template" design, for rolling to hit and then rolling for damage or crits or whatever if you succeeded on the attack. I'd personally include the Booming Blade's secondary conditional damage as it's own attack without an attack or save set, so it just outputs a damage result if the enemy moves.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Exterior said: So when I try and use the ammotracking this error keeps coming up and stops it from working, I've just started using these scripts so not really sure what it means, any help would be appreciated. Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains NaN in property 'current' Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains NaN in property 'current' at Error (native) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:9:186) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:207) at Aa (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:8:462) at Ea (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:403) at H.J.update (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:146:318) at TrackedObj._doSave (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:566:27) at later [as _onTimeout] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:828:25) at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15)

Edited 1468242020
Silvyre said: Zorlun, are you using Window Popouts for Characters ? (Presently, the Compendium's drag-and-drop functionality only works without that option checked.) If not, make sure that the section of the Character Sheet that you're trying to drag-and-drop into highlights yellow before releasing your mouse button. No it is not activated. I think it is probably the wrong thing that I am trying to drag, so stupid question just in case what do you drag ? EDIT: Ok, found out where was my error, and it was exactly the "what to drag", and I want to slap myself ... shame mode : did not see the tab compendium in the game, I was draging link from the compendium of the site. Knew it was probably an obvious and logic mistake (could be a good thing to point out in the wiki for other idiot like me). Thanks anyway for your time and help. ^^ EDIT 2: Can we add, as MD, new items or spells or whatever, in the compendium tab for our game? (ex: a magic item you created and want to use in multiple game.)
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Zorlun said: EDIT 2: Can we add, as MD, new items or spells or whatever, in the compendium tab for our game? (ex: a magic item you created and want to use in multiple game.) Not at this time, but possibly in the future .
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Silvyre said: Exterior said: So when I try and use the ammotracking this error keeps coming up and stops it from working, I've just started using these scripts so not really sure what it means, any help would be appreciated. Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains NaN in property 'current' Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains NaN in property 'current' at Error (native) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:9:186) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:207) at Aa (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:8:462) at Ea (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:403) at H.J.update (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:146:318) at TrackedObj._doSave (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:566:27) at later [as _onTimeout] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:828:25) at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15) Hi Exterior, the NaN stands for "Not a Number". That means somewhere in one of the fields it's expecting a numerical value and finding something else. I would guess probably in the section intended for the amount of ammo. Here's a quick mock up of what it should look like:

Edited 1468272527
That worked now thanks! but I have another question. is it possible to change the NPC crit dice? 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Exterior said: That worked now thanks! but I have another question. is it possible to change the NPC crit dice?  You mean the way you can set custom critical results for player character attacks? No. You have a couple of options, such as leaving custom critical results in the description section or setting up the NPC as a PC instead of using the NPC card.
Sheet definitely does NOT support proficiency dice instead of a proficiency bonus. Can't even put in a 1d4 attack modifier anywhere. It just defaults to 1.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
SkyCaptainXIII said: Sheet definitely does NOT support proficiency dice instead of a proficiency bonus. Can't even put in a 1d4 attack modifier anywhere. It just defaults to 1. My general recommendation would be to use inline rolls within description fields to accomodate that. Many fields on this sheet incorporate isNaN(parseInt()) validation.
Silvyre said: SkyCaptainXIII said: Sheet definitely does NOT support proficiency dice instead of a proficiency bonus. Can't even put in a 1d4 attack modifier anywhere. It just defaults to 1. My general recommendation would be to use inline rolls within description fields to accomodate that. Many fields on this sheet incorporate isNaN(parseInt()) validation. Yeah, I know, but that's a horrible pain in the ass to deal with on every single skill check and attack roll. Why is the bonus / penalty field being parsed to just numbers and not put in as is, which would allow the proficiency die to work properly?

Edited 1468284593
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Actually, there may be a better solution. I've had some success creating a new Attribute named pb and giving it a Current value of 1d4. It's a pretty rough hack, and won't work for everything without messing with more Attributes.
Tried that. Didn't work.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
SkyCaptainXIII said: Sheet definitely does NOT support proficiency dice instead of a proficiency bonus. Can't even put in a 1d4 attack modifier anywhere. It just defaults to 1. I've never used it in games I've run or played in and no one's ever requested it before, so it's never been on my radar. It wouldn't be impossible to add support for if there was a desire from the community.

Edited 1468287491
I'm just curious why the bonus / penalty field is stripping out dice rolls/text.  STR + 0 + (checkbox) PROFICIENT. If I put 1d4 in place of the 0 it should just put 1d4 in the die roll, but it is instead replacing 1d4 with 1 (stripping everything after the first non-numerical character). If it didn't strip out that information, the proficiency die would be supported quite easily. We're actually using it in a game right now.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
SkyCaptainXIII said: I'm just curious why the bonus / penalty field is stripping out dice rolls/text.  STR + 0 + (checkbox) PROFICIENT. If I put 1d4 in place of the 0 it should just put 1d4 in the die roll, but it is instead replacing 1d4 with 1 (stripping everything after the first non-numerical character). If it didn't strip out that information, the proficiency die would be supported quite easily. We're actually using it in a game right now. It's designed that way because the math calculation of the bonus gets used in a couple of different ways and is handled by the sheet workers that don't roll dice. There are also some complications with how it would integrate with the sheet, because PB couldn't be universally changed to a die roll. There is plenty of stuff that doesn't mesh with cleanly, like spell save DCs or Jack of all Trades. So, I'd have to figure out how to integrate in a way that it would swap out the PB for most things, attacks, skill/ability checks, saves, tools, but not break other things. It's not out of the realm of possibility but it's enough work I don't think it will get supported unless there is a demand for the feature.
Is there any documentation on the Sheet Template parameters available to create your own macros/abilities using the OGL sheet's templates?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Mark G. said: Is there any documentation on the Sheet Template parameters available to create your own macros/abilities using the OGL sheet's templates? The OGL by Roll20 sheet's wiki page contains a lot of useful information on the sheet's Attributes. Unfortunately, at this time, there does not currently exist much in terms of specific documentation covering special properties used by the OGL by Roll20 Roll Templates. User Ed S. was kind enough to outline the Roll Templates used by this sheet plus some of their properties in a post, over here . I learned the remainder of what I know about the Roll Templates used by this sheet, by fiddling around with the outputs of the sheet's roll buttons alongside referencing the Roll Template source code within the sheet's HTML as well as the Roll Templates Wiki page .
how i can get character sheet in roll20? for dnd 5e and pathfinder
Silvyre
Forum Champion
aviad b. , check out: Choosing a Character Sheet .
the sheet is fantastic, is it possible to translate it into different languages? i would be willing to help with german translation
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kurojima said: the sheet is fantastic, is it possible to translate it into different languages? i would be willing to help with german translation Roll20 supports the sheet being translated into any language. Contact <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> to get validated as a translator and then you can assist in translating the main Roll20 site or any of the character sheets. We already have a Spanish translation, so that anyone who has their language settings set to Spanish automatically sees the Spanish translation of the sheet.&nbsp;
Is there anyway to choose which roll you use from the attack roll, so if the second is a crit, you can choose to use the non-crit roll, or do you just have to take the first number of the damage roll in that situation and ignore the crit damage?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jake G. said: Is there anyway to choose which roll you use from the attack roll, so if the second is a crit, you can choose to use the non-crit roll, or do you just have to take the first number of the damage roll in that situation and ignore the crit damage? The latter. You have to ignore the crit damage. Optionally, you can use the roll query or advantage buttons option that's enabled from the settings menu to only roll for advantage/disadvantage when it applies.
Steve K. said: Jake G. said: Is there anyway to choose which roll you use from the attack roll, so if the second is a crit, you can choose to use the non-crit roll, or do you just have to take the first number of the damage roll in that situation and ignore the crit damage? The latter. You have to ignore the crit damage. Optionally, you can use the roll query or advantage buttons option that's enabled from the settings menu to only roll for advantage/disadvantage when it applies. Thanks Steve, wasn't aware of the query/advantage options, much cleaner doing it this way.
Hi Steve, thanks for the great work putting this together! I am still figuring out best practice when it comes to using the character sheet so please forgive me if I'm being dense about these: 1) What is 'best practice' for adding class buffs to things like AC? For example, if I've chosen the Defence fighting style for my fighter, which gives him a +1 to AC when wearing armor, should I go to Settings and change his global AC modifier to 1? Or should I be adjusting the armor's value itself, somehow? 2) Would it be possible to have encumbrance only measure the weight of things that have been equipped? Or else create an 'alternate storage' box that could accept equipment slots in the same way as the regular equipment box, which could then work for a bag of holding or a pack-mule with minor customising? Thanks so much!

Edited 1516554711
Silvyre
Forum Champion
M-test A. said: 1) What is 'best practice' for adding class buffs to things like AC? For example, if I've chosen the Defence fighting style for my fighter, which gives him a +1 to AC when wearing armor, should I go to Settings and change his global AC modifier to 1? Or should I be adjusting the armor's value itself, somehow? That's one option. Another would be to adding a separate Custom AC Item for the Fighting Style (within the Equipment block). A third option would be to simply increase the AC of armor items by 1. M-test A. said: 2) Would it be possible to have encumbrance only measure the weight of things that have been equipped? Or else create an 'alternate storage' box that could accept equipment slots in the same way as the regular equipment box, which could then work for a bag of holding or a pack-mule with minor customising? Items listed within the Equipment block are those which are stored on your character's person. "Equipped" items are those which are currently worn or wielded by your character, conferring any bonuses that are gained while those items are equipped (in fact, the Mods section only functions when the "Equipped" box is checked). The Treasure block on the Bio Page is better suited for recording items that are not usually on your character's person. Alternatively, the Simple inventory will not calculates weights automatically.
Steve K. said: Silvyre said: Exterior said: So when I try and use the ammotracking this error keeps coming up and stops it from working, I've just started using these scripts so not really sure what it means, any help would be appreciated. Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains NaN in property 'current' Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains NaN in property 'current' at Error (native) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:9:186) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:207) at Aa (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:8:462) at Ea (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:403) at H.J.update (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:146:318) at TrackedObj._doSave (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:566:27) at later [as _onTimeout] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:828:25) at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15) Hi Exterior, the NaN stands for "Not a Number". That means somewhere in one of the fields it's expecting a numerical value and finding something else. I would guess probably in the section intended for the amount of ammo. Here's a quick mock up of what it should look like: I'm afraid I'm having trouble getting the "Ammunition:" line in the weapon to begin with. How did you get it?

Edited 1469550934
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
ttzdrkpl said: I'm afraid I'm having trouble getting the "Ammunition:" line in the weapon to begin with. How did you get it? Settings Tab (gear icon) =&gt; General Options =&gt; AMMO TRACKING =&gt; On

Edited 1469605681
I need some help here. How do I alter the fields on the attack roll out? Almost all the options are greyed. I can even set damage. Am I missing something? Edit: I'm trying to add a new attack, say.. claws. Not something from the compendium.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The grey text is just placeholder text; just type into the fields, and you'll be good to go!
Ok, i feel dumb.
Silvyre said: M-test A. said: 1) What is 'best practice' for adding class buffs to things like AC? For example, if I've chosen the Defence fighting style for my fighter, which gives him a +1 to AC when wearing armor, should I go to Settings and change his global AC modifier to 1? Or should I be adjusting the armor's value itself, somehow? That's one option. Another would be to adding a separate Custom AC Item for the Fighting Style (within the Equipment block). A third option would be to simply increase the AC of armor items by 1. Aha! That's a more elegant solution. Thank you Silvyre.
I can't seem to get the mods section to work at all. Doing this has no effect on the characters AC. What am I doing wrong?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Recueillir said: You have "Ac +5" written within the item's content text area; the item's mods text area is directly above it.

Edited 1469677457
Silvyre said: Recueillir said: You have "Ac +5" written within the item's content text area; the item's mods text area is directly above it. Whoops. Thanks, my dude. edit: Actually, is there anyway to make the mod negative? e.g. subtract AC or Speed?
My group just started, and we're having trouble with the skill checks and saving throw modifiers not working properly. For example, we'll have a 5 in a certain category, and when we roll it, it doesn't add that 5. &nbsp;

Edited 1469818434
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Juan P. said: My group just started, and we're having trouble with the skill checks and saving throw modifiers not working properly. For example, we'll have a 5 in a certain category, and when we roll it, it doesn't add that 5. &nbsp; On the Attributes & Abilities Tab of the affected Characters, locate and delete all Attributes that have the name "&lt;skill&gt;_bonus", e.g. "deception_bonus". To delete an Attribute, hover over it and press the x button that appears. Recueillir said: edit: Actually, is there anyway to make the mod negative? e.g. subtract AC or Speed? Not at the moment. As a workaround, you can: add a negative number to the Global AC Mod ; add the absolute value of that number as a +AC mod of an item; conversely treat the 'Equipped' checkbox of that item as an "unequipped" checkbox.
As it is, Magic Missile doesn't work on the OGL sheet. It rolls damage for 1 missile, but then when you use the higher level casting, it rolls damage for more missiles. The devs have said the spell is supposed to be 1 damage roll that applies to all the missiles. The higher level casting should add extra missiles, and the attack output should tell you how many missiles you're getting. I tried to play with it like we've done on other sheets, but it didn't work without writing a unique macro for it.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Shrike said: When I try to drag and drop any spell from the SRD to my spell list on my character sheet, it only shows the http link, it does not populate the spell information. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Are you using Window Popouts for Characters ? Presently, the Compendium's drag-and-drop functionality only works without that option checked. Otherwise, could you clarify what you mean by 'it only shows the http link'? A screenshot might help.
Hi Silvyre, thanks for moving my post :) Yeah, I have the windows popout option unchecked. Here is what happens when I try to drag and drop: As you can see, it inserts a link to the spells location in the SRD, not the spell itself.&nbsp;
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Could you please verify that you are you dragging and dropping from the Compendium tab of the Sidebar as demonstrated in this video ?