Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Official Starfinder Character Sheet 1.0

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Deiko said: Scott - one thing with the chat menu option is that even with whisper to the player, my other players see them. The only thing that should be able to cause this is if your players all have edit access to each character. There's no dependable way to limit where the chat menu goes in this case.
Scott - thanks for the previous response. I'll check with the GM in that particular game. Maybe it's only happening in that one, and I just hadn't realized. second - can you assist with a formula? I want to write a new "savedc" value formula in the attacher of the IRRIDATE spell since the DC is based on the radiation level which is based on the caster level. Caster level <7, DC=13; CL<10, DC=17; CL<17, DC=22, CL>16, DC=30
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Deiko said: Scott - thanks for the previous response. I'll check with the GM in that particular game. Maybe it's only happening in that one, and I just hadn't realized. second - can you assist with a formula? I want to write a new "savedc" value formula in the attacher of the IRRIDATE spell since the DC is based on the radiation level which is based on the caster level. Caster level <7, DC=13; CL<10, DC=17; CL<17, DC=22, CL>16, DC=30 You're welcome, and let me know if it isn't that everyone has access to all characters as we'll need to do some bug hunting to figure out what is going on then. For the formula, I'd probably do it using the success/failure syntax like so: [[13+{@{caster_level},0}>6*4+{@{caster_level},0}>10*5+{@{caster_level},0}>17*8]] This works by using that DC 13 as the base (it's the lowest possible DC). Then adding the increases as the caster level increases. We use the grouped syntax so that we can use the success/failure roll syntax with flat numbers instead of rolls; this compares both numbers in the group (e.g. @{caster_level} and 0) to the success point. For each number in the group that is greater than or equal  to the success point, it adds one success; of course, 0 will never be a success in this setup so we only ever get 0 or 1 successes from each group.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vindikaell said: Ok, I will test this.  For Initative modifier, it's don't work :( I had a "custom value" in the wizard mod, but it's don't work.  Can you post a screencap of what your wizard looks like for this?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi everyone, We've got a new build out today to fix a few bugs and some news that I'm very excited for. Today, the Starfinder Core Rulebook is available for testing on the Dev server  by pro subscribers. In addition to the features listed in the forum post, the Dev server version of the Alien Archive NPCs now have fully populated spell and spell-like ability drops. Head on over now to see what's coming out of the drift soon. Starfinder by Roll20 v1.001556629200 Bug Fixes Grenades shouldn't have had the option of being specialized. Missing end brackets in NPC rolls were causing syntax errors in roll templates NPCs weren't accepting dashes as valid ability mods 1 Mod Wizard was missing several options Luck bonuses should not have been stackable by RAW. (This will only update the stackable buffs textarea) The miscellaneous bonus field on attacks (@{bonus}) was not affecting the attack total some fields changed to better handle large strings. Known Issues & Issues still being worked on The sheet is displaying improperly on Firefox, resulting in some fields being hidden
Scott, I noticed that several of my NPC's were showing 0 for attack bonuses in the display. the correct number would show when expanded and it rolled ok though.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Deiko, I'll take a look this week.
Hey there folks, I'm a wee bit perturbed. I am running my players through the final book of the Dead Suns AP, and I've noticed something that I feel like I should have noticed a long time ago. My gut assumption is that the sheet is using an incorrect calculation for NPC full attacks. Screenshots below to illustrate what I'm seeing. The first is the rolls as they're presented, the second and third are the math for each attack displayed. The attack roll bonus is 5 less in the second roll. Initially, I jumped to the conclusion that it was a remnant of Pathfinder's iterative attacks, however changing the number of attacks did not further decrease the attack roll as the iterative system would have. So, I looked through the CRB and the Alien Archive, and I cannot find anything that explains this. Am I missing something, or is this a legit error? For reference, I punched in the stats for this creature manually–no copy/paste–and I'm not running any API's that reference attack rolls.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, that is odd alayern. I'll take a look this week.
I can confirm that my game NPCs are behaving similarily to what Alayern states.  However, I will note that the amount the second attack drops is not consistent, for me.  In my testing, the fact that it dropped was universal with NPCs, both hand-built and from the Compendium.  But the amount it dropped varied.  Sometimes it dropped 5 points, sometimes 2, on some attacks it was even just 1.  It varied from NPC to NPC, but also within one NPC from Melee to Ranged.  On one, I was getting a 5 point drop on Melee (even on different Melee attacks) and only a 1 point drop on Ranged.  I added a new Ranged attack on that NPC to test with, and it also had a 1 point drop.  I tested some PC sheets, and they do not appear to share this error. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, odd. I think I know what's going on and will hopefully have a fix for next merge day
Hello,  I tried to implement the macro to calculate ammo consumption in the attacher, but it just does nothing.  Wondering if it is an error from my part or a bug? See screenshots below.
I'm just going to save a bit of time, and typing by quoting our responses from earlier in this thread theMockster  ;) ISP said: You need access to the API...  I've never really had that pleasure, so I'm not on very solid ground as I talk about it.  From what I know, you (or the GM, if that isn't you) have to be a paying member, and activate the API. Unfortunately, that is the extent of my knowledge. Scott C. said: Welcome to the sheet Elizabeth. ISP has the right of it mostly. To clarify though, the creator of the game must have an active pro subscription, which then allows any gm in the game to add or remove API scripts. Feel free to ask any questions or drop any comments you have on the sheet.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi theMockster, ISPs advice is good, but you do have an error in how you've entered the api command. The attacher is a multipurpose field. Anything on the first line of the attacher field is added to the roll template. Anything on the second+ line is a separate chat message. You need to move your api command to a new line.
I do have a pro sub. So that is probably not the issue. Seems likely that based on Scott C's reply, I should be adding everything in one line to properly execute. I'll try that and report back. thanks!

Edited 1556923833
So I just checked, and it is the Attacher box that puts my code on two lines, the code itself isn't on two lines. Given that this should execute as part of the same action, I do not see how I could make it work on two lines. Any pointers? And just in case, I have indeed installed the API script in the API section of the game settings.  !ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-@{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*(@{full_attack_number})]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] ammo
theMockster said: So I just checked, and it is the Attacher box that puts my code on two lines, the code itself isn't on two lines. Given that this should execute as part of the same action, I do not see how I could make it work on two lines. Any pointers? And just in case, I have indeed installed the API script in the API section of the game settings.  !ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-@{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*(@{full_attack_number})]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] ammo Mockster, You are correct that the whole ammo command needs to be one line of code.  However, it needs to be on the second (or subsequent) line of the attacher field. to work.  If it is on the first line it won't.  So, just go to the start of the line, hit return once, tab out and try it again. Also, the Usage field needs to be purely a number, no text.  That could also be messing things up.  This is the code I use, !wammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-@{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*@{full_attack_number}]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] @{ammo_type} The only real difference is that wammo whispers it and the end @{ammo_type} just calls up whatever is entered into the ammo type field. If the ammo type field is blank however, this code doesn't work as well.  As an additional bit, I put a button code on the first line of the Attacher field that pops a button up in the attack window prompting the player to Reload, which makes it so they don't have to go into the sheet and do it.  {{buttons0=[Reload?](!ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[@{@{character_name}|repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo|max}-@{@{character_name}|repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo}]] @{ammo_type})}} Hope that proves useful. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thank you for explaining that better than I did Luke. theMockster, Luke's advice is what I meant, in his image you can also see an example of him using the first line of the attacher field to add a custom field to the roll's output. Hope that helps.
Thanks to the both of you.  That made the trick :) It works now! Plus the reload button is cool to have too! Cheers!
I don't think the sheet is calculating carying capacity correctly. My character has a strength of 10, and his encumber bulk is 6 and his overburdened bulk is 10. Since encumber bulk is equal to or greater than half your strength score, his encumber bulk should be 5. Also the instructions for how to add the backpacks correctly on the wiki aren't correct and will vary based on your strength score. If your score is an even number than a consumer backpack will raise your overburden bulk by 1 and an industrial will raise your encumber bulk by 1 and your overburden bulk by 2. If your strength score is odd a consumer backpack will raise your encumber and overburden bulk by 1 and an industrial raises your encumber bulk by 1 and your overburden bulk by 2.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nick S. said: I don't think the sheet is calculating carying capacity correctly. My character has a strength of 10, and his encumber bulk is 6 and his overburdened bulk is 10. Since encumber bulk is equal to or greater than half your strength score, his encumber bulk should be 5. The sheet displays the point at which you become encumbered, and is updated for the most recent errata which clarified a contradiction in the CRB. Here's the errata quote : On page 16 under Carrying Capacity it says you are encumbered when carrying an amount of bulk equal to or greater than half your Strength score. The full rules for carrying capacity on page 167 says you are encumbered when carrying bulk greater than half your Strength score. Which is correct? The entry on page 167 is correct. You can carry up to half your Strength score in bulk without being encumbered. Also the instructions for how to add the backpacks correctly on the wiki aren't correct and will vary based on your strength score. If your score is an even number than a consumer backpack will raise your overburden bulk by 1 and an industrial will raise your encumber bulk by 1 and your overburden bulk by 2. If your strength score is odd a consumer backpack will raise your encumber and overburden bulk by 1 and an industrial raises your encumber bulk by 1 and your overburden bulk by 2. Yep, I just haven't gotten to updating them yet.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
From elsewhere : Zebra  said: Hey there, I suddenly ran into an issue I wasn't having before. The characters in the campaign I'm in all leveled recently and I just realized my character's rolls are acting up. Anything that I increased on the level up (skills, some saves, BAB) are not registering as being increased, some of them are off by 1, a few of them are off by 2 which is more confusing. Any idea what could be causing this? It's not happening with the other players.  Thanks! 
Just a super tiny request. When using the character sheet for a starship, under "Systems", in the "Purpose" select menu, could we add an option for additional/upgraded weapon mounts? This is per the section under the heading "New Weapon Mounts" on page 305 of the CRB. tldr, you can upgrade mounts from light/heavy/capital, convert to turret mounts, or add entirely new mounts at the cost of a few BP if the ship has enough space. The only effect it will have on the sheet is giving a way to track BP for these upgrades. Currently, you can do it by selecting something else like an Expansion Bay and adding the BP there but it would just feel "cleaner" if we could select this as an option. Thanks! --Brad
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the suggestion Brad. The starship sheet is going to get some love in the next few months as some advanced features begin entering the development pipeline. I'll add this to the list of improvements/changes to look into.
Awesome! Thanks, Scott! While you're at it, I just noticed that the new "Supercolossal" size from the "Ships of the Line" section at the end of Dead Suns, Chapter 6: Empire of Bones isn't an available option.
Scott, Great work on the sheet as always.  I have a question and comment. The menus for the sheet under the menu tab currently work well for characters that are used as characters. However as a gm it would be nice if these were functional for the NPC version as well. For the most part they seem to be. However abilities breaks down into racial and feats, however an Npc does not quite work the same way, so the spell option never appears and any that are added to an NPC Spell like abilities or spells known appear but with no header (they are below race and feats and have no spell title such as mystic or technomancer. While that's not a big deal, the skill section works on npc but does not calculate the rolls correctly as the mods are stored differently. Ability checks seem to pull from the PC side not the Npc values, as that is only modifier.  It would be useful if there was alternate functionality for sheets set to Npc so gms could use these instead of having to opening up the sheet and rolling directly.  I know i can create custom macros, but on some sheets this functionality is there and make it easier with global macros so a GM does not have to open the sheet as often. This is very handy when running multiple Npc's. Is there a design limitation or a choice to keep the sheet lightweight for performance?
 Hello, quick accessibility fix for the sheet if possible. In the areas of the sheet that have a radio buttons, the labels of the radio buttons are identified by my screen reader as headings and appear below each radio button. For example, the radio button for abilities has a label that doesn’t make sense, and below it a heading labeled abilities. This makes navigating to the radio buttons a little bit more difficult with the screen reader. 
Scott C. said: Nick S. said: I don't think the sheet is calculating carying capacity correctly. My character has a strength of 10, and his encumber bulk is 6 and his overburdened bulk is 10. Since encumber bulk is equal to or greater than half your strength score, his encumber bulk should be 5. The sheet displays the point at which you become encumbered, and is updated for the most recent errata which clarified a contradiction in the CRB. Here's the errata quote : On page 16 under Carrying Capacity it says you are encumbered when carrying an amount of bulk equal to or greater than half your Strength score. The full rules for carrying capacity on page 167 says you are encumbered when carrying bulk greater than half your Strength score. Which is correct? The entry on page 167 is correct. You can carry up to half your Strength score in bulk without being encumbered. Also the instructions for how to add the backpacks correctly on the wiki aren't correct and will vary based on your strength score. If your score is an even number than a consumer backpack will raise your overburden bulk by 1 and an industrial will raise your encumber bulk by 1 and your overburden bulk by 2. If your strength score is odd a consumer backpack will raise your encumber and overburden bulk by 1 and an industrial raises your encumber bulk by 1 and your overburden bulk by 2. Yep, I just haven't gotten to updating them yet.  You’re right. I didn’t see that. But also, now the sheet seems to be doing it incorrectly then. I just helped my friend create a character, and her strength score is 10. Her encumber bulk shows up as five. I’m not sure if you just released a minor update to have it show the encumbrance differently or not, but if she is not encumbered until  greater than half her strength score, it appears to be showing incorrectly. 

Edited 1557349181
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, darn, I forgot to update the default encumbrance value, which is why it's showing as 5. As a temporary work around, toggle the strength value to something else and then back to 10 Edit: I'll also take a look at that accessibility issue; there's several areas on the sheet that need an accessibility review.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Mark (GM) said: Scott, Great work on the sheet as always.  I have a question and comment. The menus for the sheet under the menu tab currently work well for characters that are used as characters. However as a gm it would be nice if these were functional for the NPC version as well. For the most part they seem to be. However abilities breaks down into racial and feats, however an Npc does not quite work the same way, so the spell option never appears and any that are added to an NPC Spell like abilities or spells known appear but with no header (they are below race and feats and have no spell title such as mystic or technomancer. While that's not a big deal, the skill section works on npc but does not calculate the rolls correctly as the mods are stored differently. Ability checks seem to pull from the PC side not the Npc values, as that is only modifier.  It would be useful if there was alternate functionality for sheets set to Npc so gms could use these instead of having to opening up the sheet and rolling directly.  I know i can create custom macros, but on some sheets this functionality is there and make it easier with global macros so a GM does not have to open the sheet as often. This is very handy when running multiple Npc's. Is there a design limitation or a choice to keep the sheet lightweight for performance? Thank you for pointing all this out Mark. Those are certainly functionalities of the menus that should be expected of the system. I'll take a look this week. Scott

Edited 1557355382
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi all, I was waiting to post this changelog for some releases to go live. However, now that the CRB is officially live! Bug Fixes Weapon specialization bonus damage was not updating correctly when the character's level was changed. NPC full attacks were miscalculating New Features Feats from the CRB will now drag and drop onto the character sheet Spells from the CRB will now drag and drop onto the sheet Equipment from the CRB will now drag and drop onto the sheet NPCs now drop with fully populated spell info. This also applies to spell like abilities that are based on a spell
Scott, I have a few other general accessibility suggestions. Should I post them here or should I message you directly?
Quick Question, and I may be asking in the wrong place. I already have a PDF copy of the Starfinder CRB. Do I have to purchase it again on Roll20?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Nick S.  said: Scott, I have a few other general accessibility suggestions. Should I post them here or should I message you directly? Here's great. I'd lose track of a lot more issues if they weren't all in one place. Nick S.  said: Quick Question, and I may be asking in the wrong place. I already have a PDF copy of the Starfinder CRB. Do I have to purchase it again on Roll20? Yes, you will need to buy the Roll20 version of the CRB as well. There are licensing issues at play, as well as the development cost on Roll20's end to create the compendium in a form that enables drag and drop and, eventually, charactermancer functionality.

Edited 1557380027
Any idea why they're charging such a high price for the Starfinder CRB when the Pathfinder CRB is still included as a free compendium? Hopefully Pathfinder remains free at least. Edit: SRDs for D&D 5e, Dungeon World, and Burn Bryte all appear to be freely available as well. I'm pretty disappointed that the core rules for Starfinder are being neglected/monetized like this.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Brad T. said: Any idea why they're charging such a high price for the Starfinder CRB when the Pathfinder CRB is still included as a free compendium? Hopefully Pathfinder remains free at least. Hi Brad and thanks for the question :) To clarify - there is a major difference between an SRD and a Core Rule Book . SRD 's are free resources that the publisher is OK with making available to the public. Core Rule Books are premium products which they sell - whether that be hardcover or pdf - or a deep Roll20 integration. The Pathfinder CRB does not exist for sale on our site at this time... only the SRD which is mostly text data. The D&D 5E SRD exists for free in the same manner - but the Player's Handbook is a premium product featuring deep integrations. That's the core difference.  From a Roll20 standpoint, SRD's generally won't have many integrations, where as a premium CRB will. The Starfinder CRB is rife with time saving features that have been in development for nearly a year - drag and drop items, equipment that updates your character sheet, feats that adjust your characters values, upcoming Charactermancer integration, etc. It offers many time saving Roll20 specific features, with more in the pipe. Hope that helps clarify the difference between a publisher's free SRD, versus their premium Rule Books!
It does! Thanks for such a thorough and on point response, Dean! :)

Edited 1557477740
Vindikaell
Translator
Hi Scott,  I have requests for you :) 1- Is it possible to add the "ammo" field in the weapon description, neard damage? It was not very easy to open the weapon descriotipn at every attack to modifie the ammo use :( 2- Add Encumber mod to Movement. Thanks !
Is there still no way to subtract a resolve point on use? For instance using healing channel uses one resolve point so if a player has 7 resolve points then each time that cast healing channel then it subtracts one resolve until they have 0. You have a mod for resolve and it subtracts a resolve but as soon as you click on healing channel again it just adds the resolve back in. Also how do you handle a -5 DC to Culture and mysticism checks from theme knowledge. Reduce the DC of Culture and Mysticism checks to recall knowledge about religious traditions, religious symbols, and famous religious leaders by 5.
Michael, on  the -5 to DC, I put a note in the expandable portion of the particular skill, (click on the gear at the top right of the skill)  Then it prints in chat when you roll the skill.  See image: I wish I could roll 20s like that in the game.   As far as subtracting the resolve, I don't think it can be done without an API script, but I bet either TokenMod or ChatSetAttr, would do it.  I don't have much experience with either of those, but a quick glance looks like it is possible.   For my Envoy, who uses a lot of RP on Inspiring Boost, I have RP set as one of my token bars.  I still have to manually adjust it when I use it, but it makes it handy to do, at least.  
For the Theme Knowledge, I just have my characters add 5 as a MOD through a query. That way I don't have to change DC's for different players. For Outlaw for instance: +?{Criminal Related?|No,0|Yes,5} theme to Culture
Really weird thing just happened to one of my games.  I was logging into a backup to do some testing, and none of the characters had a sheet.  PC or NPC, they all had the Bio & Info tab, and Attributes and Abilities tab, but no actual character sheet.  Also, linked tokens showed no Attribute bars, or names for that matter.  I logged out and back in, and it was still acting like that.   I was using Google, and tried one of my other backups, and the main game and they were all fine.   This backup game is old enough it might have been on the HUD sheet, and may not have been opened since before the transition.  At least that is all I can think of.    

Edited 1557635040
Michael B. said: Is there still no way to subtract a resolve point on use? For instance using healing channel uses one resolve point so if a player has 7 resolve points then each time that cast healing channel then it subtracts one resolve until they have 0. Michael, found a way to do it with the ChatSetAttr API script.   With that API script loaded, you can put the following code into the 2nd or subsequent line of  the attacher field on your Healing Channel  Ability entry.  It will subtract 1 from your  RP.   !setattr --name @{character_name} --mod --rp|-1 That terminology is generic and should work for any character you put it in, though it would have to be copy-pasted into every ability you want to apply it to.  As a bonus, here is a code to put in an ability to reset the RP, like with a long rest.  Again, in the 2nd line of the attacher field of your reset/rest ability, put: !setattr --name @{character_name} --rp|%rp_max% Hope that is useful.  Edit:  if it is a conditional RP use, like Inspiring Boost at higher levels, you could use this version: !setattr --name @{character_name} --mod --rp|[[?{Use RP?|No,0|Yes,-1}]]
Luke H. said: Really weird thing just happened to one of my games.  I was logging into a backup to do some testing, and none of the characters had a sheet.  PC or NPC, they all had the Bio & Info tab, and Attributes and Abilities tab, but no actual character sheet.  Also, linked tokens showed no Attribute bars, or names for that matter.  I logged out and back in, and it was still acting like that.   I was using Google, and tried one of my other backups, and the main game and they were all fine.   This backup game is old enough it might have been on the HUD sheet, and may not have been opened since before the transition.  At least that is all I can think of.     Sounds like the old sheet, You can go into the game settings and see which sheet you had selected.
Close, Deiko.   It was apparently a backup I had copied off, but never used or worked with before.  I didn't have the old sheet on it, I had not selected any sheet at all!   So, no mystery, or anything wrong with the sheet or the game, just a big brain fart on my part.     Changed it from no sheet to Starfinder by Roll20, and it worked fine.   Thanks for the clue that led me to the right answer.  
I had an idea pop up while working on several characters - Is there a plan to have a cover bonus section added or have the different cover bonuses come pre-loaded in the buffs section when a new character or NPC is created?  If not, I'd like to toss that out there as a suggestion for enhancements down the line.   Thanks!
Scott, Future development idea:  I think it would be useful/neat if the text style of the Equipment title changed, based on the status of that equipment (i.e. Bold Italic=equipped, Bold = carried,  grayed out=not carried.)

Edited 1557864993
LotsOfLore
Translator
Luke H. said: Scott, Future development idea:  I think it would be useful/neat if the text style of the Equipment title changed, based on the status of that equipment (i.e. Bold Italic=equipped, Bold = carried,  grayed out=not carried.) Interesting, I would like it!  May I suggest: e.g. Bold = equipped; normal (no change) = carried; grayed out = not carried. For better legibility, in my opinion.
Matt M. said: I had an idea pop up while working on several characters - Is there a plan to have a cover bonus section added or have the different cover bonuses come pre-loaded in the buffs section when a new character or NPC is created?  If not, I'd like to toss that out there as a suggestion for enhancements down the line.   Thanks! When I was prepping a game I started out with adding some buffs pre-built into the sheet and then copying that one for all my players. I included cover and concealment, but we didn't use it long. Too many PC options to ignore or adjust cover made it problematic to figure out which parts of the armor bonus were which. It was easier to just build a token action macro to roll the percentage for concealment.