Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Official Starfinder Character Sheet 1.0

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi black rabbit, the Starfinder charactermancer is not yet ready. You'll need to enter information manually for the time being. You can enter your class info under the class tab in the top left of the PC sheet.

Edited 1568134798
Black Rabbit said: Do I have to purchase the Core Rule Book to access the Charactermancer for Starfinder?&nbsp; A Charactermancer option is not available to me, and since I have never created a character with the exception of D&amp;D 5e I am lost.&nbsp; The ability to enter a class/lvl was not available, so I must be doing it wrong... Black Rabbit, To expand on what Scott said, I will talk a little bit about the Compendium.&nbsp; Through the Compendium there are drag and droppable feats, weapons, armor, and equipment.&nbsp; It also contains reference to all the rules, classes, etc.&nbsp; Based on other charactermancer-compatible sheets, I think you will have to have purchased the Core Rulebook for Starfinder through the Roll20 marketplace to use those things on the Charactermancer when that becomes available for this system.&nbsp; There may be some SRD style Charactermancer options when that feature is ready.&nbsp; If it is like the 5E charactermancer SRD options, they would have limited choices.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If you personally purchase the Starfinder CRB, it should be available to you in all Starfinder games, I think.&nbsp; If the creator of the game purchases it, they can turn on Compendium sharing, and it will be available to all players in that game.&nbsp; As far as manually entering stuff, there is a wizard on the sheet that helps with doing mods, though I highly encourage reading the wiki to help understand the sheet syntax.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Starfinder_Official" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Starfinder_Official</a> To start with, many of the features of this sheet are on different tabs on the front page, Blue means the tab you are on, Black means the tab is hidden.&nbsp; See example below:&nbsp; The field for Class/level on the Character tab is non-editable.&nbsp; It pulls information from what you have entered on the Class tab.&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for another great write up Luke, you nailed everything right on the head. I'll also confirm a few things that you questioned in your write up (Just pretend I logged into my production team account for the following): Based on other charactermancer-compatible sheets, I think you will have to have purchased the Core Rulebook for Starfinder through the Roll20 marketplace to use those things on the Charactermancer when that becomes available for this system. Yes, you (or the gm of your game) will need to have purchased the CRB for the charactermancer to function once it is released.&nbsp; If you personally purchase the Starfinder CRB, it should be available to you in all Starfinder games, I think.&nbsp; If the creator of the game purchases it, they can turn on Compendium sharing, and it will be available to all players in that game.&nbsp; If you purchase any of the SF compendiums (this is true for all compendiums really), they will be available to you in all Starfinder games on Roll20 even if the creator of the game does not have the compendium or is not sharing their compendium with the game. Because the charactermancer runs off of the compendium, once it is complete it will only function with the SF compendiums you have access to in a given game.
Hi,&nbsp; My request list for your tempalte. PS : sorry for my bad English.&nbsp; 1- Is it possible to add the "ammo" field in the weapon description, nears damage? It was not very easy to open the weapon's description at every attack to modifie the ammo use :( 2- Like ammo for weapon, add the "usage" field in abilities and equipment description 3- Add Encumber mod to Movement. 4- Add Movement in the wizard mod. 6- There is a bug on Scientist officer. If we take 2 NPC ou PC, we had " TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined"&nbsp; when I select the PC/NPC who do the test. 7- Any chance to add wizard mod for the space ship? :) 8- There is a bug for Captaine use " No character was found for 'Vaisseau'" Thanks !
I am terribly sorry to post such a mundane question but I cannot get drag and drop to function in a non-popped out character sheet
I'm still stumped on how to add the melee striker 1/2 str bonus
I created an ability for Melee Striker in the ability section of the character sheet. Then in the Mods section put this: +floor(@{strength_mod}/2) to damage|section:attack,engagement_range:melee
Rey G. said: I created an ability for Melee Striker in the ability section of the character sheet. Then in the Mods section put this: +floor(@{strength_mod}/2) to damage|section:attack,engagement_range:melee I copied and pasted that, and it started to apply to my ranged weapon. I then try to modify it a bit (like replacing spaces with underscores) and it started to only apply to my ranged weapon
Like Rey G. I created an Ability and put something similar in the Mod section.&nbsp; Mine looks slightly different: +floor(@{strength_mod}/2) Class to damage|engagement range:melee It is important to note that in your attack section, that each attack has the proper Engagement Range Selected.&nbsp; In particular, if you are creating your own entries, I believe it starts out defaulted to Melee, and needs to be changed to Ranged, in the drop-down box right under Category.&nbsp; I think {most of} the compendium entries populate correctly when drag and dropped.&nbsp;
Luke H. said: Like Rey G. I created an Ability and put something similar in the Mod section.&nbsp; Mine looks slightly different: +floor(@{strength_mod}/2) Class to damage|engagement range:melee It is important to note that in your attack section, that each attack has the proper Engagement Range Selected.&nbsp; In particular, if you are creating your own entries, I believe it starts out defaulted to Melee, and needs to be changed to Ranged, in the drop-down box right under Category.&nbsp; I think {most of} the compendium entries populate correctly when drag and dropped.&nbsp; That line in the quotes fixed it. Thanks!

Edited 1570134051
Hey guys, quick question about Gunnery checks using the Starship sheet: If I put a character's name in the Gunner field, it doesn't seem to be taking into account the character's BAB/Piloting Ranks or Dex Mod when I make a weapon roll. Am I missing something, or do I need to set up a separate macro for this? If the latter, may I see some sample macros that you experts have undoubtedly already made? Thanks!
Works for me. Can you grab an image of what you have? Bith, ribbit said: Hey guys, quick question about Gunnery checks using the Starship sheet: If I put a character's name in the Gunner field, it doesn't seem to be taking into account the character's BAB/Piloting Ranks or Dex Mod when I make a weapon roll. In this Shot - Celise 68 has a BAB of +5 and a Dex Mod of +5 for a total of +10
Hi Deiko, You're right, I'm just dumb. The character's BAB and Dex were cancelling each other out. I was expecting the output to be 1d20+1+-1, but I see now that they are already added together into a simple 1d20+0. Thanks for the quick response!

Edited 1570434931
Is there any way to "share" conditions and buffs/debuff with players, so that they don't have to manually insert them into their character sheets--or force the GM to add them by hand? For example, say I want to give "Filth Fever" to an entire party. I've already got the poison/disease track created in one PC's "conditions" section. Is there a simple way to make that "condition" appear in all the other PCs windows, or do I have to manually add a new condition to each PC character sheet? Similarly, say the PCs are now fighting in a storm,&nbsp;imposing a -8 penalty to Perception checks. Do I have to manually create a "Storm" debuff in each individual character sheet? Is there some way for me to at least "copy/paste" the storm effects in the Buffs section? EDIT: Also, how do DCs work in the mods field? For example, a player just won a round of a basic strategy game (Armory 108), so the next time he does Aid Another the DC is decreased by 1.

Edited 1570459597
Daniel K. said: Is there any way to "share" conditions and buffs/debuff with players, so that they don't have to manually insert them into their character sheets--or force the GM to add them by hand? EDIT: Also, how do DCs work in the mods field? For example, a player just won a round of a basic strategy game (Armory 108), so the next time he does Aid Another the DC is decreased by 1. Daniel, I don't know of a way to copy buffs whole cloth to different players, but here are a few ideas. There might be a way to do it with the API, which can impose changes on a character sheet.&nbsp; That is a Pro perk.&nbsp; Also, the way the conditions interact with the sheet and sheetworkers is pretty unique to Starfinder, so I would guess the existing API scripts don't have a solution for that.&nbsp; Then again, I have never written one, so this is only conjecture.&nbsp; Even if an API couldn't write a condition onto a character sheet, it would be kind of neat if we had one that could turn an existing condition on/off.&nbsp; In the absence of solutions, here are the work-arounds I would try: 1.&nbsp; Prep and test the condition on one player,&nbsp; then copy and paste the language of it over to all the others ahead of time.&nbsp; I think a lot of players don't pay much attention to the conditions tab, so putting Storm on there might be a spoiler that goes unnoticed.&nbsp; For copy/pasting, I recommend having a simple text app open (like notepad)&nbsp; to copy the text into/from.&nbsp; You will have to redo the condition/buff name and mods separately, and this makes that step easier. 2. If you want the PC's to help you some, make a character that they all have access to, and load it up with conditions.&nbsp; Then they can do the copy/paste from this 'Condition Character' to their own.&nbsp; As to the DC's thing, Unless you have some macro or API script that references a list of DC's to determine the success of the roll, that is not really something to put in the mods field.&nbsp; Just like many of the Themes have a special feature that is '-5 to the DC of [ X ] knowledge check'.&nbsp; What I do for that is put it in the notes, or just remember it.&nbsp; For an ongoing ability, skill, or something, you can put it in the notes so that it posts each time.&nbsp; For a one-time use ability, you could create an ability in the Abilities tab with that info in the notes, and when the character wants to, (or has to) they can click on that to post it in chat.&nbsp; Which might look something like this:

Edited 1570471283
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Daniel, There isn't an out of the box way to do this. You can use the chatSetAttr script by Jakob to do a lot of this, but there is a string attached here. ChatSetAttr can create new repeating items, but then there's no way to edit that newly created section without going and getting the row id or row index of the item manually. However, chatSetAttr can easily toggle the existing conditions (e.g. blinded). As for the aid another dc, that dc isn't tracked anywhere on the sheet, so there isn't a way to really handle it. You could make an ability called aid another and set it up so the dc is correct (probably by setting its mod field to something to adjust its own dc). Then you could set up a buff for "strategy game" that would have a mod of "-1 to dc|name:aid another". Also, thanks Luke for a great response as well. I'll add onto his idea for the "condition character" that you could utilize chatSetAttr and that condition character to easily copy over the condition (or buff's) ability. The chatSetAttr command would look something like this: !setattr --sel --repeating_buff_-Create_name|@{condition character|repeating_buff_$0_name} You would add on repeating attributes as needed (e.g. repeating_buff_-Create_mod), and could even set it up as a query.
Thanks to Scott and Luke for your insights. You definitely gave me a lot to think about. I think I might try the "condition character" idea a go, and see if I can make it work.
Luke H. said: &nbsp; Just like many of the Themes have a special feature that is '-5 to the DC of [ X ] knowledge check'.&nbsp;&nbsp; As an option for the Recall Knowledge check related to Theme, I have my characters give themselves a +5 bonus as part of the ability. Mathmatically, it's the same. The process is inherently different (-5 to DC va. +5 to check) so that a Character untrained in their theme class can still recall average knowledge since that DC 15 (-5) becomes 10 which is the limit for untrained. This way I don't have to rmeember to lower the DC for some folks and they can ask me when they see the prompt if it's relative. SO for an Outlaw as an example: +?{Criminals|No,0|Yes,5} theme to Culture
Hi all, i am free user and i read that only pro users can use API to track ammo. My question is: Will this macro be aplied in the future or not to free users?
Only Pro users can use API scripts. Normal macros can't do what API can.
Turin B. said: Hi all, i am free user and i read that only pro users can use API to track ammo. My question is: Will this macro be aplied in the future or not to free users? One simple way for players to track their own ammo manually is to use one of the bubbles on the token.&nbsp; You can either just set it to 12/12&nbsp; (or whatever) and decrement it as you go, or you can go into the back page of the sheet and create a field called Ammo, or something of the like, then assign that to a bar on the token.&nbsp; Of course, you can really only track one weapon at a time this way, and have to rely on the honor system to remember to do it.&nbsp; But it is at least a place to handily do so.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; To expand on what Snow said,&nbsp; normal macros can't change stuff on the character sheet, and that is exactly what the !Ammo API does.&nbsp; There are also API scripts that automatically apply HP damage to a character, and some of those get even trickier than ammo, what with AC and resistances, etc.&nbsp;
+floor(@{character_level}*1.5) racial to damage|name:natural attack Hi there, I've been having a tough time trying to implement the Natural Claws feature into my players' sheet. I tried using the formula above to different effects in both the mods and even the attacher as per recommended in previous posts, creating a separate ability. For some reason which evades me, the sheet won't read or apply the buff where needed. I feel it has something to do with the last part because without the designation buffs apply normally
Hi eveyrone. I'm having a problem with my character sheet, the Weapon Specialization bonus for the Advanced Melee Weapons is only half of my level, instead of the full level... I don't see anything wrong in the way I implemented the sheet, could someone help me? Thanks!

Edited 1571496044
Taz said: Hi there, I've been having a tough time trying to implement the Natural Claws feature into my players' sheet. Taz, I don't know if these measure will solve your problem, but let me take a stab at it.&nbsp; Firstly, the formula you show is the same one that I am successfully using on several characters (a Vesk and a Nuar), so I don't think&nbsp; that is the problem.&nbsp; Secondly, the sheet can sometimes be picky about capitalization and spaces. This may not be the problem, but it is worth trying out.&nbsp; Try changing the name of the attack in your attack section and the ability so that they have the same capitalization.&nbsp; Also, eliminate the space, either by replacing it with an underscore:&nbsp; Unarmed_Strike&nbsp; or by renaming the ability to a one-word descriptor.&nbsp; Thirdly, perhaps you posted it this way just for testing purposes, but usually melee attacks have the STR bonus after the damage dice, instead of N/A.&nbsp; Lastly, sometimes mods take a reset to catch up.&nbsp; Try changing the character's level, and going to a different field, then going back and changing the level again, and going to a different field.&nbsp; That sometimes "wakes up" the sheetworker that tracks those things.&nbsp;
Arthur said: Hi eveyrone. I'm having a problem with my character sheet, the Weapon Specialization bonus for the Advanced Melee Weapons is only half of my level, instead of the full level... I don't see anything wrong in the way I implemented the sheet, could someone help me? Thanks! Arthur, Is this with an operative weapon?&nbsp; Advanced or Basic, weapons with the Operative descriptor only add half the character level to damage, per the CRB.&nbsp; In the Roll20 sheet, this is handled by the word Operative showing up in the "Special" box of the attack.&nbsp; Weapons dragged from the compendium will automatically have this feature enabled.&nbsp; I am not sure if the compendium has any Advanced Melee Operative weapons though.&nbsp; Also, if you go the 'gear' icon next to the Starfinder Logo at the top of the sheet,&nbsp; the far right tab says "House Rules".&nbsp; Below it is a box that lists the weapon descriptors that receive half specialization.&nbsp; That is worth taking a look at.&nbsp;
Luke H. said: Arthur said: Hi eveyrone. I'm having a problem with my character sheet, the Weapon Specialization bonus for the Advanced Melee Weapons is only half of my level, instead of the full level... I don't see anything wrong in the way I implemented the sheet, could someone help me? Thanks! Arthur, Is this with an operative weapon?&nbsp; Advanced or Basic, weapons with the Operative descriptor only add half the character level to damage, per the CRB.&nbsp; In the Roll20 sheet, this is handled by the word Operative showing up in the "Special" box of the attack.&nbsp; Weapons dragged from the compendium will automatically have this feature enabled.&nbsp; I am not sure if the compendium has any Advanced Melee Operative weapons though.&nbsp; Also, if you go the 'gear' icon next to the Starfinder Logo at the top of the sheet,&nbsp; the far right tab says "House Rules".&nbsp; Below it is a box that lists the weapon descriptors that receive half specialization.&nbsp; That is worth taking a look at.&nbsp; Ok so indeed the weapon was operative. But it's the entropic strike from the Vanguard so even if it's operative it gets a +level bonus through specialization. So I removed the "operative" from "Special" and it worked! Thanks!
Luke H. said: I don't know if these measure will solve your problem, but let me take a stab at it.&nbsp; Secondly, the sheet can sometimes be picky about capitalization and spaces. This may not be the problem, but it is worth trying out.&nbsp; Try changing the name of the attack in your attack section and the ability so that they have the same capitalization.&nbsp; Also, eliminate the space, either by replacing it with an underscore:&nbsp; Unarmed_Strike&nbsp; or by renaming the ability to a one-word descriptor.&nbsp; Lastly, sometimes mods take a reset to catch up.&nbsp; Try changing the character's level, and going to a different field, then going back and changing the level again, and going to a different field.&nbsp; That sometimes "wakes up" the sheetworker that tracks those things.&nbsp; Thank you Luke these steps have solved the issue, yep btw I had taken away the STR bonus to not mistake anything in the roll while testing. So adding the underscore then resetting the changes by temporarily leveling up the character sheet seemed to set things in proper motion. Thanks for the quick reply
I have a question about NPC. I had created a Ikeshti (CR 5) but when i rolled to test, all time the saving throws counted as save throw writted + ability mod (SAB for example) instead of only save throw writted... and the same with attacks who count damage fixed + ability mod (STR). &nbsp;I dont really know if its a mistake from me about rules that throw salvation from array should sum ability mod or its allways that save throw array only + 1d20.
I had noticed the same thing when I created the NPC's. So what I do is just leave the ability mods at 0. I do that because I have never really need to roll an ability check for my NPC's, and the NPC Stat blocks already has everything thing added into their attacks, saves and skill checks. The other thing you can do is do the math and reduce the attacks to-hit, damage, saves, and skills by the number of points that the ability mod would add, but that is more work then you need to do.
So for the past few weeks, my attack rolls have not been appearing in the chat logs of one of my games. They show up for me in the chat window, but none of the other players can see them. I've isolated the problem to something involving the 3D dice roller. Is anyone else having similar issues?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Daniel, This is a known issue Roll20 wide. Disable 3d dice and your rolls may function as normal (there are conflicting reports on the effectiveness). You can also try having your gm copy your game so that it gets on an unaffected server.
Thanks for the guidance and prompt response. If it helps, it seems that disabling the option to automatically roll the dice seems to have fixed the issue, but I'll keep an eye on the forums for a fix. Thanks again!

Edited 1573163572
I am trying to whisper my attack rolls to myself for testing so I am not spamming the chat.&nbsp; The attack roll line needs a space in it or I get a message saying&nbsp; Unable to find a player or character with name: T'zit{{name=T'zit}}.&nbsp; If I up arrow in chat and add a space manually before the {{name=@ string the attack posts normally. &nbsp; Edit: @{T'zit|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_attack}{{name=@{T'zit|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{T'zit|character_id}}} {{title=Shirren-eye Rifle
Shawn W. said: I am trying to whisper my attack rolls to myself for testing so I am not spamming the chat.&nbsp; The attack roll line needs a space in it or I get a message saying&nbsp; Unable to find a player or character with name: T'zit{{name=T'zit}}.&nbsp; If I up arrow in chat and add a space manually before the {{name=@ string the attack posts normally. &nbsp; Edit: @{T'zit|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_attack}{{name=@{T'zit|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{T'zit|character_id}}} {{title=Shirren-eye Rifle Hmm. So, if you hit the attack button once normally and then up arrow to get the code, then go the the beginning of that code and type in&nbsp; /w Bleoran and hit enter then it whispers it to you.&nbsp; Cool!&nbsp; (my character's name is Bleoran, sub in whatever appropriate character name)&nbsp; &nbsp; You can also do something similar with the /talktomyself command&nbsp; However with /talktomyself&nbsp; it posts everything you do, attack buttons, saves, chat messages only to you, not even to the permanent chat log.&nbsp; It also does not play well with some macro calls and a lot of API scripts.&nbsp;&nbsp; Another option is to go up to the gear icon next to the Starfinder logo and change Comms from Public to Private.&nbsp; The player and GM will see all rolls then, but other players won't.&nbsp; Messages typed in chat, macros, and token button rolls still appear normally, but anything rolled from the sheet is just for the roller and the GM.&nbsp; Switching back and forth can be a pain to remember though if you are trying to test stuff in the middle of a session.&nbsp;&nbsp; As a GM, I like to have a sandbox copy of the main game, where I can do a lot of testing and playing around with stuff.&nbsp; It works especially well in Co-GM games.&nbsp; As a player though, the testing without spamming chat options are a lot more limited.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I didn't know about /talktomyself; I'm a rookie.&nbsp; I changed the whisper_state in my attributes to /w T'zit, and it posts everything from the character sheet to myself.&nbsp; Saves and ability checks post fine.&nbsp; Only attacks get the error.&nbsp; If I up arrow and put a space in between the indicated brackets, it works for attacks as well.&nbsp; The commands all work fine posted /w gm or public. broken:&nbsp; @{T'zit|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_attack}{{name=@{T'zit|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{T'zit|character_id}}} {{title=Shirren-eye Rifle -&nbsp; fixed:&nbsp; @{T'zit|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_attack}**SPACE**{{name=@{T'zit|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{T'zit|character_id}}} {{title=Shirren-e I am just trying to pre test stuff to learn the character sheet functions, but I thought it was worth a mention.&nbsp; I sill try the /ttm command. `Cheers!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Shawn, You could also enter your private whisper as "/w T'zit ". That will handle the whisper just fine.
Scott C. said: Hi Shawn, You could also enter your private whisper as "/w T'zit ". That will handle the whisper just fine. I'm a player testing character sheet buttons.&nbsp; They bypass chat commands, no?&nbsp; The /talktomyself command doesn't break my attack commands, so that works for what I need to do. &nbsp; Whisper_state w/ MYNAME breaks attack rolls though.&nbsp; Just as a note.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Correct, however that's because the macro is designed to have a space incorporated into @{whisper_state}, not outside of it. So, if instead of setting whisper_state to "/w MYNAME", you set it to "/w MYNAME " with a space after MYNAME, it will work. The reason that it doesn't use a space between the whisper_state call and the start of the template is because when the attribute is empty, the space causes the roll template to take up more room than necessary.
Scott C. said: Correct, however that's because the macro is designed to have a space incorporated into @{whisper_state}, not outside of it. So, if instead of setting whisper_state to "/w MYNAME", you set it to "/w MYNAME " with a space after MYNAME, it will work. The reason that it doesn't use a space between the whisper_state call and the start of the template is because when the attribute is empty, the space causes the roll template to take up more room than necessary. Awesome, thanks for the clarity, and your quick response.

Edited 1574080825
Hey, Using this formula I found in this thread: +[[floor(@{character_level}/2)]] racial to damage|name:Natural_Weapon I was wondering if they would be any way to make it work without the underscore? I'd prefer the attack to be "Natural Weapon" instead of "Natural_Weapon" but I couldn't figure out how to do it. By the way, thanks for the amazing work you guys are doing :) EDIT: I was adding the Toughness feat to one of my player, using this formula: +?{Running, Forced march, Hold breath, Starvation or Thirst?|No, 0|Yes, 4} to constitution But when rolling Constitution, they were no prompt and the bonus wasn't here (not even the 0 that appears if No is selected). However, the formula itself works well when I put fortitude save instead of constitution. Did i miss something, or is it a bug?

Edited 1574090509
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Pierre, For your first question, it should just work without the underscore in the name (as long as the name doesn't have the underscore). For your second question. This is due to how ability checks are rolled. The ability score itself is not sent to chat, only the mod. I'll need to look at the code in question again, but you might be able to apply the buff to the constitution_mod directly. Just halve the amounts in the query. Edited for typos.
Scott C. said: Hi Pierre, For your first question, it should just work without the underscore in the name (as long as the name doesn't have the underscore). For your second question. This is due to how ability checks are rolled. The ability score itself is not sent to chat, only the mod. I'll need to look at the code in question again, but you might be able to apply the buff to the constitution_mod directly. Just halve the amounts in the query. Edited for typos. 1) I tried many time, many ways without the underscore, but I can't make it work. I copied and pasted the name, tried with and without caps, tried to change the level to update the sheet, and tried to refresh Roll20. It only works for me when it's only one word 2) I tried this : +?{Running, Forced march, Hold breath, Starvation or Thirst?|No, 0|Yes, 4} to constitution_mod Nothing was prompt, neither was the result buffed
Hello I wanted to speak about a bug I came across recently but not sure if this has been addressed before. On a character sheet for NPCs when putting in spells/abilities that have a DC the sheet seems to override the input and set the DC to zero automatically. I believe something similar happened back w/ initiative a while ago before it was fixed.
Taz said: Hello I wanted to speak about a bug I came across recently but not sure if this has been addressed before. On a character sheet for NPCs when putting in spells/abilities that have a DC the sheet seems to override the input and set the DC to zero automatically. I believe something similar happened back w/ initiative a while ago before it was fixed. I can also confirm this happening for me across multiple games. It does not happen in the spells known or special abilities, only in the spell like abilities. While the chat display displays 0 or 1, the actual input box will sometimes default to 1 or 0 but if you highlight the field it displays the stored number correctly.&nbsp;

Edited 1575040642
I found a workaround for this issue.&nbsp; Not a fix, but at least a workaround.&nbsp; The DC field appears to be pulling its Displayed Value and Rolled Value &nbsp; from the Level field in the stat block of the Spell-Like ability.&nbsp; I was experiencing the same DC 0 in the chat window, until I input a value in the Level field.&nbsp; Then I had to go back into the DC field, and change it (to anything) and roll the special ability into the chat window.&nbsp; The first roll still showed the wrong DC, but after that it changed to Display and chat window Roll to show the DC as whatever was in the Level field.&nbsp; Edit:&nbsp; picture below edited with red circle around Level field.&nbsp; Mark (GM) said: Taz said: Hello I wanted to speak about a bug I came across recently but not sure if this has been addressed before. On a character sheet for NPCs when putting in spells/abilities that have a DC the sheet seems to override the input and set the DC to zero automatically. I believe something similar happened back w/ initiative a while ago before it was fixed. I can also confirm this happening for me across multiple games. It does not happen in the spells known or special abilities, only in the spell like abilities. While the chat display displays 0 or 1, the actual input box will sometimes default to 1 or 0 but if you highlight the field it displays the stored number correctly.&nbsp;

Edited 1575049196
Nice Tip Luke, however didn't work for me. It seems in that repeating ability section the @DC field is being overwritten or sticking to a default in the save mod section. I created a new test game, no scripts from the api and compared it to spells known. In the spell known the save mode section displays the DC as 10, where as by default at least for me the spells like seems to always be 0 instead of 10. If i just click on that field and do not type anything it changes to 1 or remains 0.&nbsp; Changing the level field had no effect. In the spells known this behavior is not present. My work around has been to move the spell like ability to either spells known or special abilities. The former I just note at will in the usage field along with what ever action it is so i know since these are NPC's. In any case not a critical break just adding detail to the subject :)&nbsp; Luke H. said: I found a workaround for this issue.&nbsp; Not a fix, but at least a workaround.&nbsp; The DC field appears to be pulling its Displayed Value and Rolled Value &nbsp; from the Level field in the stat block of the Spell-Like ability.&nbsp; I was experiencing the same DC 0 in the chat window, until I input a value in the Level field.&nbsp; Then I had to go back into the DC field, and change it (to anything) and roll the special ability into the chat window.&nbsp; The first roll still showed the wrong DC, but after that it changed to Display and chat window Roll to show the DC as whatever was in the Level field.&nbsp; Edit:&nbsp; picture below edited with red circle around Level field.&nbsp; Mark (GM) said: Taz said: Hello I wanted to speak about a bug I came across recently but not sure if this has been addressed before. On a character sheet for NPCs when putting in spells/abilities that have a DC the sheet seems to override the input and set the DC to zero automatically. I believe something similar happened back w/ initiative a while ago before it was fixed. I can also confirm this happening for me across multiple games. It does not happen in the spells known or special abilities, only in the spell like abilities. While the chat display displays 0 or 1, the actual input box will sometimes default to 1 or 0 but if you highlight the field it displays the stored number correctly.&nbsp;

Edited 1575084405
Hi all, question about ability DCs: I'm making a Witchwarper and I'm trying to put together an infinite worlds ability, but I'm having issues adding bonuses to the save DC. The wizard gives me a modifier of ?{Spell Slot Level|1} to dc|section:ability Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to actually do anything when I roll the ability (This screenshot is my latest version - I've tried in and out of an inline roll wrapper like in the screenshot) My Cha bonus is +4, so it's not applying. Nothing pops up for the roll query I thought we could use roll queries in these mods, so I must be doing something wrong? (The ability is selected when I roll it)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Buncy, You are correct that that looks like it should work. I'll dig a little deeper when I get home later today.
Am I missing the ability to have vehicles (e.g. ground vehicles) in the Starfinder sheet?&nbsp; If so, where is it?&nbsp; If not, is this planned? e.g. ESOWATH EXPLORER &nbsp; &nbsp; LEVEL 4 Huge land vehicle (10 ft. wide, 20 ft. long, 6 ft. high) Speed 20 ft., full 400 ft., 45 mph EAC 14; KAC 18; Cover partial cover HP 50 (25); Hardness 5 Attack (Collision) 6d6 (DC 11) Attack (Turret) merciful aphelion artillery laser (3d8 F nonlethal, ammo 40, usage 4) Modifiers +0 Piloting, –2 attack (–4 at full speed) Systems autopilot (Piloting +10), planetary comm unit; Passengers 4