Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Official Starfinder Character Sheet 1.0

Hello, so DCs appear to calculate correctly when they are added to spells in the Spells section, or to spell-like abilities in the Abilities section. Unfortunately they don't work quite right if added to a class ability. You can set the modifier to your class's key ability, but I can't figure out how to make the sheet add half my character level (Minimum 1) to the DC. Every class ability with a DC that I have found is calculated this way. How can I make this happen?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
SpinachInquisition said: Edit: Sorry for the repost, I just realized that this has been reported a week ago. I have been trying to modify initiative for NPCs on both chrome and firefox, and the change doesn't stick. I have also tried manually modifying initiative from attributes and abilities, it doesn't modify the rolls. It almost seems initiative is hard coded to dex. Is that the case? Actually, thank you SpinachInquisition. I had completely forgotten to add that bug to my list last week, so it didn't get fixed. Now if only I could work in "no one expects the..." in this reply somehow. Nick S. said: Deiko said: Nick - you did remember to change the save ability to the appropriate stat correct? It defaults to STR.  Yes. I actually just got it to calculate correctly. When I added the save it was already set to intelligence but the DC was showing as 10 for a first level spell. When I set it up to strength it went up to 11 and when I put it back to intelligence it went up to 15. Not sure what's going on here but messing with it got it to work right. Thanks Nick. I'll try to get fixed for this week. Lori said: My encumbrance seems to be calculating incorrectly. I have 10 strength and a backpack equipped with the mod "+1 to encumber bulk", yet it is populating as 7 rather than 6. When I remove the backpack item, it goes down to 6 rather than 5. Lori, the sheet displays the bulk level at which you will be encumbered/overburdened, instead of the last bulk at which you are not. David J. said: I may have found a little bug.  I made an NPC character sheet with an ability that does damage.  I put the damage roll in to the ability but it does not roll it.  If I switch the character sheet to PC, it  rolls the damage. If I switch back to NPC, it goes back to not rolling the damage. Here is a screen shot of the ability setup. Thanks David, I've added it to my list of bugs to fix.
The initiative button seems to be un-clickable on the player character sheets.
Hi Scott, After playing again yesterday I noticed a couple of bugs with NPC sheets, which I mentioned earlier and seemed to be fixed before, but are now not working properly. Just in case you don't have these on your list, here's what I've found so far. Skills on my existing sheets seem to work correctly, adjusting the effective skill ranks to compensate for the ability bonus, but if I create new sheets or edit the ability mods on existing ones it seems to stop working, adding the full number of ranks to the ability bonus. As an example, I have an CR 6 NPC with +5 Strength and Athletics as a good skill, meaning his total athletics bonus should be +13. When I first created his sheet it worked correctly, giving him an effective 8 ranks in Athletics to add to his +5 Strength. However, if I edit the +5 or +13 to anything else, even if I later change it back, it rolls with 13 ranks in the skill plus an additional 5 from Strength. A similar thing happens with saving throws (adding his Dexterity bonus of +3 to his Reflex bonus of +6), though as far as I can remember this has always been an issue with those. Thanks for the continued work on the sheet, MS
I can't find the answer to this question, but I apologize if it's already been clarified: where in the Ship sheet do you add Piloting buffs?  For instance a Thruster which gives +1 Piloting. There doesn't seem to be a spot for it, nor a place to enter mods.
Hey, not really a bug, but hey, i noticed the ship sheet doesn't have anywhere to input the build point cost of the frame itself, nor is there anywhere to input BP max. I circumvented that adding a slot for the frame itself into ship systems and jotting down bp max in notes, but it feels like an input cell for those should probably be near the cell for the frame name / tier itself.
Thank you for your hard work, Scott ! :)
I am trying to figure out some way to get the Exocortex combat tracking applied to my character sheet. I tried the following macro: +@[{class_1_level}-floor(@{class_1_bab}*@{class_1_level})] BAB to attack  and it doesn't do anything. Does anyone have any advice?

Edited 1537746582
Robert M. said: I am trying to figure out some way to get the Exocortex combat tracking applied to my character sheet. I tried the following macro: +@[{class_1_level}-floor(@{class_1_bab}*@{class_1_level})] BAB to attack  and it doesn't do anything. Does anyone have any advice? I believe the format of the formula is incorrect you can use this +[@{class_1_level}-floor(@{class_1_bab}*@{class_1_level})] to BAB and it should work. Though when i tested if you're a first level mechanic the math was not correct as it came out 0, however after first level its does produce a number but only half as much. If i understand the rule for tracking its supposed to add your level to your bab for a single target so you would only need to add  +[@{class_1_level}] to bab and then it would work as expected.  You could create this as a buff to toggle on and off.   Regards, Mark 
Robert M. said: I am trying to figure out some way to get the Exocortex combat tracking applied to my character sheet. I tried the following macro: +@[{class_1_level}-floor(@{class_1_bab}*@{class_1_level})] BAB to attack  and it doesn't do anything. Does anyone have any advice? I did the following, just to be toggled on or off as needed: +(@{class_1_level}-@{bab}) to attack

Edited 1537814847
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Robert M. said: I am trying to figure out some way to get the Exocortex combat tracking applied to my character sheet. I tried the following macro: +@[{class_1_level}-floor(@{class_1_bab}*@{class_1_level})] BAB to attack  and it doesn't do anything. Does anyone have any advice? Hi Robert, Sorry for the delay getting back to you. You have an error in your formula: +@ [ {class_1_level}-floor(@{class_1_bab}*@{class_1_level}) ] BAB to attack  The square brackets that I've bolded prevent the class_1_level attribute call from resolving. Since this can't be parsed to a numerical value, the sheet assumes that it will be handled at roll time. The correct formula would be: +@{class_1_level}-floor(@{class_1_bab}*@{class_1_level}) BAB to attack Hope that helps. Also, if you aren't multiclassing then Travis' solution would also work and be much simpler. EDIT: As for why Mark's solution didn't work, it's because doing +[@{class_1_level}-floor(@{class_1_bab}*@{class_1_level})] makes the part inside the single square brackets a roll tag so what you are really doing with that formula is + 0 [Label that shows the formula (with attribute substitutions)].
I have come across an issue with the sheet over any game I am in regardless of who the DM is or who made it. When I go to edit literally anything other than blanks such as theme and race that don't add/modify anything that is related to health or other modifiers. When I change a statistic such as strength it edits, then disappears leaving behind a ten, though whenever I click the space is shows what i inputted but never updates modifiers but adds the modifiers to the rolls in one or two cases. To fill it out and update I have to have someone else to change things for me. 
I'm having an issue with the sheet actually rendering the overlay, all I get is a black and white framework, none of the tabs or buttons and when it does roll anything it rolls in black and white. I'm using google chrome, so that may be part of the issue, but it is rather annoying to have to blindly hunt down buttons that aren't being rendered.  
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Lethio and Austin, I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues with the sheet. Lethio, Could you please link me a copy of your entire console log from logging into the game to attempting one of the inputs that does not respond correctly? In addition, what browser are you using and can you check that you don't have any add-ons causing issues. Austin, The sheet will work perfectly in  chrome, and was actually designed for chrome and Firefox specifically. Can you post a screen grab of the issue? And in addition, can you follow the steps I outlined for Lethio as well. Thanks, Scott

Edited 1538280083
I am having an issue with adding new attacks. For some reason, when I create a new attack, the base attack bonus doesn't get added to the sheet.  Also, bit of a newbish question, but is there a primer somewhere on how to use the syntax for the sheet? I am finding the wiki on the sheet a little difficult to follow, and it feels like I am missing another document that I need to read in order to understand the sheet wiki.
Alexi K. said: I am having an issue with adding new attacks. For some reason, when I create a new attack, the base attack bonus doesn't get added to the sheet.  I also have this problem but I noticed if you change the character level and then change it back it recalculates a lot of those bonuses for you.
Hello I am hoping for some help with the !ammo formula discussed earlier. I'm trying to implement it in my game for my pcs character sheet and I believe I'm missing something. I'm using chrome browser but the ammo does not seem to change. Do I need to change/swap out a value? !ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[ [[-@{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*(@{full_attack_number})]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] Charges
Ryan R. said: I can't find the answer to this question, but I apologize if it's already been clarified: where in the Ship sheet do you add Piloting buffs?  For instance a Thruster which gives +1 Piloting. There doesn't seem to be a spot for it, nor a place to enter mods. Not sure if it's poor form quoting yourself, I think my question was lost in the shuffle.
Taz:  I will repost here the formula that Scott C. helped me work out.  I use it in all my characters and it has no problem.   !wammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-@{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*@{full_attack_number}]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] @{ammo_type} The only differences I see in your formula are the !ammo vs !wammo (the 'w' makes it whisper to the player instead of to all, an extra space after the first set of square brackets, and a difference in the call at the end (@{ammo_type} just calls whatever is typed into the weapon entry.  bullets, petrol, charges, etc.) I think the real culprit here is that the formula must be entered on the second or subsequent lines of the Attacher field.  It won't work if entered on the first line.     And of course, your game has to have the Ammo Script by The Aaron loaded into the API.  The macro only puts a call into the chat for the API to hear and work with.  The formula itself doesn't do it on its own.   On my first line, I have the following formula, that prints a button in the attack that lets me click and use a macro to reload the gun: {{buttons0=[Reload?](!ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[@{@{character_name}|repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo|max}-@{@{character_name}|repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo}]] @{ammo_type})}} The output of all that looks like this.   Taz said: Hello I am hoping for some help with the !ammo formula discussed earlier. I'm trying to implement it in my game for my pcs character sheet and I believe I'm missing something. I'm using chrome browser but the ammo does not seem to change. Do I need to change/swap out a value? !ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[ [[-@{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*(@{full_attack_number})]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] Charges

Edited 1538370666
Sorry had trouble posting that image:   Trying again.   
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Taz, In addition to Luke's great write up. Automated ammo tracking requires a pro subscription as it requires access to API scripts.
Ryan,  I'm not 100% sure this is what you're asking, but I'll show what I did.   I am posting a pic here of what my Piloting check looks like when answering the prompts to use the generic computer bonus and not initiative.  This Pilot does not have any bonus in their character sheet beyond ranks, class skill and ability modifier.  So I think the -1 in the expanded roll analysis following the ability modifier is for the speed of 12,(which applies a -1 per CRB), then there is a +2, which I think comes from putting Perfect in the maneuverability field of the ship.  I don't know what the next two 0s reference, and lastly, the last +2 is for using the computer bonus.   So, in reference to your question I think the thruster +1 for slow ships is already in, according to what speed/maneuverability you have in. Special gear bonuses beyond that, I don't know.  
Hi Luke, Thanks for the response. I've gotten my piloting checks to take those into consideration, but if you look here:&nbsp; <a href="http://www.aonsrd.com/Starship_Thrusters.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.aonsrd.com/Starship_Thrusters.aspx</a> &nbsp;each thruster gives a small negative or positive boost to the piloting checks of the ships. But when you add a Thrusters system to the character sheet, there doesn't seem to be a spot to add it. Luke H. said: Ryan,&nbsp; I'm not 100% sure this is what you're asking, but I'll show what I did.&nbsp; &nbsp;I am posting a pic here of what my Piloting check looks like when answering the prompts to use the generic computer bonus and not initiative.&nbsp; This Pilot does not have any bonus in their character sheet beyond ranks, class skill and ability modifier.&nbsp; So I think the -1 in the expanded roll analysis following the ability modifier is for the speed of 12,(which applies a -1 per CRB), then there is a +2, which I think comes from putting Perfect in the maneuverability field of the ship.&nbsp; I don't know what the next two 0s reference, and lastly, the last +2 is for using the computer bonus.&nbsp;&nbsp; So, in reference to your question I think the thruster +1 for slow ships is already in, according to what speed/maneuverability you have in. Special gear bonuses beyond that, I don't know.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1538405202
Having an issue with the Operative's Edge ability when adding the insight to skills and initiative. If I write the following: +floor((@{class_1_level}-3)/4)+2 insight to skills and initiative I have to edit the mod to get it to update every time the level changes. If I only use one of "skills" or "initiative", it updates when the level changes and updates the individual choice (no, writing two lines, one for each, doesn't work either. Only one line, and one affected "stat", works) Am I doing something wrong, or is there something I can do better for this ability? EDIT: Although it doesn't update visually on the character sheet, rolling initiative (for example) does take into account the proper bonus. EDI2: Also seems to stop other items updating visually on the sheet, but not in the rolls.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ryan R. said: Hi Luke, Thanks for the response. I've gotten my piloting checks to take those into consideration, but if you look here:&nbsp; <a href="http://www.aonsrd.com/Starship_Thrusters.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.aonsrd.com/Starship_Thrusters.aspx</a> &nbsp;each thruster gives a small negative or positive boost to the piloting checks of the ships. But when you add a Thrusters system to the character sheet, there doesn't seem to be a spot to add it. Luke H. said: Ryan,&nbsp; I'm not 100% sure this is what you're asking, but I'll show what I did.&nbsp; &nbsp;I am posting a pic here of what my Piloting check looks like when answering the prompts to use the generic computer bonus and not initiative.&nbsp; This Pilot does not have any bonus in their character sheet beyond ranks, class skill and ability modifier.&nbsp; So I think the -1 in the expanded roll analysis following the ability modifier is for the speed of 12,(which applies a -1 per CRB), then there is a +2, which I think comes from putting Perfect in the maneuverability field of the ship.&nbsp; I don't know what the next two 0s reference, and lastly, the last +2 is for using the computer bonus.&nbsp;&nbsp; So, in reference to your question I think the thruster +1 for slow ships is already in, according to what speed/maneuverability you have in. Special gear bonuses beyond that, I don't know.&nbsp;&nbsp; I'll have to clarify with paizo, but I think that those listed piloting modifiers are simply the piloting mods from the speed of those thrusters, at least they follow the same progression.
Scautura:&nbsp;&nbsp; I like your formula there, and it seemed to work completely fine for me on a test character.&nbsp; Every time I changed the level and tabbed out of the lvl field, both the sheet visuals and the rolls updated properly.&nbsp; I am running Chrome, if that makes any difference.&nbsp; I also tried your formula with an extra set of parentheses between + and floor and after the +2.&nbsp; It still worked that way, but it worked before that for me anyway.&nbsp; So, whatever the issue is, it looks like your formula is good, at least to me.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Just to try other things, you could try putting in and inline roll bracket [[ ]] to see if that works for :&nbsp; +[[floor((@{class_1_level}-3)/4)+2]] insight to skills and initiative Hope you figure it out.&nbsp;&nbsp; Scautura said: Having an issue with the Operative's Edge ability when adding the insight to skills and initiative. If I write the following: +floor((@{class_1_level}-3)/4)+2 insight to skills and initiative I have to edit the mod to get it to update every time the level changes. If I only use one of "skills" or "initiative", it updates when the level changes and updates the individual choice (no, writing two lines, one for each, doesn't work either. Only one line, and one affected "stat", works) Am I doing something wrong, or is there something I can do better for this ability? EDIT: Although it doesn't update visually on the character sheet, rolling initiative (for example) does take into account the proper bonus. EDI2: Also seems to stop other items updating visually on the sheet, but not in the rolls.
Jamie said: Alexi K. said: I am having an issue with adding new attacks. For some reason, when I create a new attack, the base attack bonus doesn't get added to the sheet.&nbsp; I also have this problem but I noticed if you change the character level and then change it back it recalculates a lot of those bonuses for you. Thanks, that solved a problem. Now I just need to find a primer on the language being used by the sheet.
I have noticed something about how the NPC sheet is used. Specifically the Skills sections. In the Starfinder Official Appendices It states the following&nbsp; " The NPC sheet uses many of the same attributes as the PC sheet for the final totals used in rolls, however many attributes are entered in a “_base” attribute and then calculated to their final by the sheet. Always enter the value for an attribute as it is in the NPC’s statblock. Many of the attributes that had an ability score drop down retain this feature in the npc sheet. These dropdowns only control what ability score buffs to apply to the attribute, they do not add the unbuffed ability score to the value that you enter." Which is consistent with how the sheet functions. However per the NPC/alien creation rules you do not add the the ability bonus to npc rolls, these are static numbers, and do not work the same way PC's do. In each use of the NPC I have tested so far when making the rolls from the sheet in the npc skill section it adds the ability modifier when it should not.&nbsp; Example say I have an NPC that has +4 dex mod, and +10 arcobatics Skill. The sheet displays the 10 as described above but when rolled the out put shows the rolled number +10 Skill + 4 ability mod. While there are a number of ways to work around this (choosing stat that doesn't add any bonus, or subtracting the ability mod from the skill before entering it on to the skill) this run contrary to written usage instructions above. It might be useful to update the appendices and to add another choice of none where it adds no bonus to the role so it is consistent&nbsp;with the rules but still allows GM's to homebrew if they wish.&nbsp; &nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Mark (GM) said: I have noticed something about how the NPC sheet is used. Specifically the Skills sections. In the Starfinder Official Appendices It states the following&nbsp; " The NPC sheet uses many of the same attributes as the PC sheet for the final totals used in rolls, however many attributes are entered in a “_base” attribute and then calculated to their final by the sheet. Always enter the value for an attribute as it is in the NPC’s statblock. Many of the attributes that had an ability score drop down retain this feature in the npc sheet. These dropdowns only control what ability score buffs to apply to the attribute, they do not add the unbuffed ability score to the value that you enter." Which is consistent with how the sheet functions. However per the NPC/alien creation rules you do not add the the ability bonus to npc rolls, these are static numbers, and do not work the same way PC's do. In each use of the NPC I have tested so far when making the rolls from the sheet in the npc skill section it adds the ability modifier when it should not.&nbsp; Example say I have an NPC that has +4 dex mod, and +10 arcobatics Skill. The sheet displays the 10 as described above but when rolled the out put shows the rolled number +10 Skill + 4 ability mod. While there are a number of ways to work around this (choosing stat that doesn't add any bonus, or subtracting the ability mod from the skill before entering it on to the skill) this run contrary to written usage instructions above. It might be useful to update the appendices and to add another choice of none where it adds no bonus to the role so it is consistent&nbsp;with the rules but still allows GM's to homebrew if they wish.&nbsp; &nbsp; Hi Mark, this is a bug with how the NPC sheet is calculating the final totals on the NPC sheet. It's something that I've been working on a fix for over the last several weeks. I've simply not had as much time as normal for sheet work as my day job has been a little hectic lately. As for why the sheet does it this way, it is so that the buff handling on the sheet will function properly for NPCs (for instance if an NPC received a buff to dexterity their acrobatics skill should go up).

Edited 1538459117
Thanks Scott, Good to know. No worries I wasn't sure if it was brought before (at least I didn't see it). I would add though there could be cases uses where this doesn't happen because most GM's wouldn't use buffs on the sheet because they represent more than one token (the token is linked to the character sheet, but the token bubbles are not).So unless a gm is going toggle the buff on and off for each roll, its more likely this kind of buff would only be applied to a single use/reoccurring unique NPC or if its really simple math just done on the fly.&nbsp; In any case thanks for the hard work and effort you do put in. The sheet is fantastic overall !!!

Edited 1538511434
It might be a quirk of Firefox then (I have all the major browsers installed, but use Roll20 with Firefox for speed - my Chrome install is heavy !) The important thing is that the rolls work fine. EDIT: Turns out there were a few more issues with that character sheet. Copying it all across manually (OUCH!) and it all seems to work fine now. Luke H. said: Scautura:&nbsp;&nbsp; I like your formula there, and it seemed to work completely fine for me on a test character.&nbsp; Every time I changed the level and tabbed out of the lvl field, both the sheet visuals and the rolls updated properly.&nbsp; I am running Chrome, if that makes any difference.&nbsp; I also tried your formula with an extra set of parentheses between + and floor and after the +2.&nbsp; It still worked that way, but it worked before that for me anyway.&nbsp; So, whatever the issue is, it looks like your formula is good, at least to me.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Just to try other things, you could try putting in and inline roll bracket [[ ]] to see if that works for :&nbsp; +[[floor((@{class_1_level}-3)/4)+2]] insight to skills and initiative Hope you figure it out.&nbsp;
Thank you Luke and Scott for pointing that out, I wasn't aware of API scripts part.
I had a weird glitch tonight while playing.&nbsp; One of my players said they could not click on the Initiative to roll straight from their sheet.&nbsp; We talked him through it to make sure he was hovering over the correct spot.&nbsp; As GM, I could click it and have it roll, and after the game I added player permission to myself for his sheet and rejoined as player and I could click it as a player.&nbsp; No other players in this session had this trouble, and the guy who couldn't click Initiative was able to use all the other clickable sheet functions with no problem.&nbsp; We asked him to exit out and rejoin, but he declined.&nbsp;&nbsp; We worked around it easily, and I did not grab any logs while it was happening, but it was very weird.&nbsp; If it happens again I will make another report.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1538589747
Feature thought:&nbsp;&nbsp; Is there a way we could use the Attacher field of the abilities to embed small icons?&nbsp;&nbsp; For example, something for Envoy abilities, or spells, that would indicate Language-Dependent, Sense-Dependent, etc., that would then print out in the chat window with the rest of the power, without the long-clunkiness of the text terms?&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thank you for your hard work Scott, I love your sheet. Just one thing: I would like to know whether you intend to change that feature (is it really a feature?) which makes it so that on any attack roll the sheet throws out 5 d20s and a ton of damage dice ... I am deeply disturbed (exaggerating a little, but still) by that. Is there any way you can take it out, or include a toggle option to specify how many dice, apart from the full attack option? By the way, even by disabling the full attack, or putting 1 as the number of attacks in the full attack windows, it still goes crazy throwing tons of dice. Thank you!
Luke H. said: Feature thought:&nbsp;&nbsp; Is there a way we could use the Attacher field of the abilities to embed small icons?&nbsp;&nbsp; For example, something for Envoy abilities, or spells, that would indicate Language-Dependent, Sense-Dependent, etc., that would then print out in the chat window with the rest of the power, without the long-clunkiness of the text terms?&nbsp;&nbsp; I use IMGUR to store and add the images to the name of the ability (or Spell). As an example I type the name in the field and paste in the markdown link "Psychokinetic Hand [Imgur](<a href="https://i.imgur.com/curQPo3.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/curQPo3.png</a>)" &nbsp;and then when it displays you get Mystic - [Imgur](<a href="https://i.imgur.com/curQPo3.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/curQPo3.png</a>) Technomancer - [Imgur](<a href="https://i.imgur.com/DsCQjZG.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/DsCQjZG.png</a>) Language - [Imgur](<a href="https://i.imgur.com/5zmklsu.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/5zmklsu.png</a>) Mind affecting - [Imgur](<a href="https://i.imgur.com/DnCqrf5.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/DnCqrf5.png</a>) Sense dependent - [Imgur](<a href="https://i.imgur.com/rRjNZCZ.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/rRjNZCZ.png</a>)
Lots of lore - All those dice are a by-product of the Roll20 engine and virtual dice. It's not a sheet issue. It's been brought up in other posts/
Deiko,&nbsp; Are those images publicly usable?&nbsp; I like your idea, in the name of the ability/spell is probably a better place for it.&nbsp;
Deiko said: Lots of lore - All those dice are a by-product of the Roll20 engine and virtual dice. It's not a sheet issue. It's been brought up in other posts/ No, because other character sheets work perfectly in that regard. The Pathfinder playtest sheet doesn't have this problem at all. I'm sure you could get rid of the extra damage dice by using a button to roll crit instead (same as with the pathfinder playtest sheet), and I see no reason why it should roll 5 d20s in the case of a single attack or a spell where the extra rolls can easily be taken out as I have done here: @{PG 1 _ Cristina|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_spell} {{name=@{PG 1 _ Cristina|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{PG 1 _ Cristina|character_id}}} {{rightbanner=conjuration}} {{title=Energy Ray}} {{leftbanner=^{level} [[[[0]]d1cs&gt;2cf&gt;2]]}} {{saveflag=[[0]]}} {{srflag=[[1]]}} {{srroll=YES}} {{activation=1 Standard Action}} {{duration=instant}} {{targets=1 creature or object}} {{range=close}} {{savedc=NO}} {{savetype=REF}} {{saveeffect=half damage}} {{attackflag=[[1]]}} {{r1=[[1d20+0[BAB]+@{PG 1 _ Cristina|dexterity_mod}[ABILITY]]]}} {{damageflag=[[1]]}} {{damage1type=Energy}} {{damage1=[[1d4]]}} {{crit1damage=[[1d4]]}} {{crit1effect=}} {{notes=When you cast this spell, choose acid, cold, electricity, or fire; the spell gains that descriptor. You fire a ray at the target, and you must make a ranged attack against its EAC. On a hit, the ray deals 1d3 damage of the chosen energy type.}} which looks like this (below). In the case of a full attack, I think there must be a way to make it so that ONLY in case you select "yes" to the full attack prompt, then it throws 2 d20s (not 5). If not, then only throw one.
Luke H.,&nbsp; Actually maybe not. I clipped them out of a Digital Paizo product I purchased.

Edited 1538614994
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately LotsOfLore, this is not how roll templates function. They must have every possible thing in them and then decide what to display based on conditionals in the roll template code. Your example does indeed reduce the number of dice rolled, but there is no way for your method to dynamically increase the number of attacks. The reason that the pathfinder playtest sheet uses less dice is because there is no multiple attack with the same attack bonus in the playtest (or at least not common enough to code for). Similarly, the playtest sheet does not auto roll crits because of how crits happen in the playtest as opposed to how Starfinder does them. What is potentially possible, but is an extremely low priority item, is that the macro code could be customized by the sheetworkers in response to a variety of factors. This would require complicated parsing of several fields in each repeating item to customize the code properly, which is why it is currently a low priority goal for the sheet. Even if this is done, there will still be extra damage/attack rolls because the sheet is designed to auto handle crits which is a very popular and expected feature and to allow you to select whether you are full attacking or not.

Edited 1538614971
Scott C. said: Unfortunately LotsOfLore, this is not how roll templates function. They must have every possible thing in them and then decide what to display based on conditionals in the roll template code. Your example does indeed reduce the number of dice rolled, but there is no way for your method to dynamically increase the number of attacks. The reason that the pathfinder playtest sheet uses less dice is because there is no multiple attack with the same attack bonus in the playtest (or at least not common enough to code for). Similarly, the playtest sheet does not auto roll crits because of how crits happen in the playtest as opposed to how Starfinder does them. What is potentially possible, but is an extremely low priority item, is that the macro code could be customized by the sheetworkers in response to a variety of factors. This would require complicated parsing of several fields in each repeating item to customize the code properly, which is why it is currently a low priority goal for the sheet. Even if this is done, there will still be extra damage/attack rolls because the sheet is designed to auto handle crits which is a very popular and expected feature and to allow you to select whether you are full attacking or not. Understood, thanks.

Edited 1538716630
Luke H. said: Deiko,&nbsp; Are those images publicly usable?&nbsp; I like your idea, in the name of the ability/spell is probably a better place for it.&nbsp; The official icons are found in the Community Use Package &nbsp;and can be used freely. Scroll down that page until you see the Starfinder Gameplay Icons pack, they're in there.
Thanks Nick and Deiko.&nbsp; &nbsp;That is a pretty nifty tip that I think really helps enhance the feel of he game.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I uploaded the images from the&nbsp; Starfinder Gameplay Icons pack to imgur and made smaller versions for anyone who wants to use them. The icons are a little bit bigger, but I think they look pretty good in the description field - but you can always save &amp; resize the original images if you want. Thanks to Deiko for the awesome idea :)
Hello,&nbsp; Is there an easy way to apply the weapon focus/weapon specialization feats to the rolls? I can create a buff to add the number in but want to see if there is a way to only specify certain weapons. (+4 to basic melee for example). That way the buff doesn't add it to all damage rolls on all attacks. Haven't really found a good way to handle that yet.&nbsp;
Robofallgames, In my game, I put in Weapon focus as an ability, and put this in the MOD field: +1 Feat to attack|category:Small Arm So it only goes to that category, and auto applies to any weapon with that category selected.&nbsp;&nbsp; For standard weapon specialization, just select which weapons the character is specialized in on the Weapon &amp; Armor Proficiency tab (above Equipment and Attacks)&nbsp; That should auto populate.&nbsp; If not, you can always select the proficiency status of individual weapons between Not Proficient, Proficient, and Specialized.&nbsp; This will auto-update the bonus as you level.&nbsp;&nbsp; For other specializations, such as the Vesk or Nuar racial ability, you can make an ability with the following mod:&nbsp; +floor(@{character_level}*1.5) racial to damage|name:natural attack Replacing "natural attack" with gore, slam, unarmed, whatever you name that individual attack.&nbsp;&nbsp; For abilities like the Melee Striker Gear Boost, make a Mod formula like so: +floor(@{strength_mod}/2) Class to damage|engagement range:melee I hope that helps with your question!