Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Official Starfinder Character Sheet 1.0

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Currently the sheet does not have a separate vehicle setting. All of their effects can be handled via the npc sheet and equipment mods on the specific players' sheets.
Are their any plans to support the new Character Operations Manual on the sheet?
Luke H. said: I found a workaround for this issue.  Not a fix, but at least a workaround.  The DC field appears to be pulling its Displayed Value and Rolled Value   from the Level field in the stat block of the Spell-Like ability.  I was experiencing the same DC 0 in the chat window, until I input a value in the Level field.  Then I had to go back into the DC field, and change it (to anything) and roll the special ability into the chat window.  The first roll still showed the wrong DC, but after that it changed to Display and chat window Roll to show the DC as whatever was in the Level field.  Edit:  picture below edited with red circle around Level field.   Thanks this workaround worked for me, a little weird, but yes when putting in 12 for the level of the spell changed the DC to 12. Strange bug that somehow the DC field now pulls from the Level field because I believe it wasn't always like that for the NPCs. Anyhow thanks for the assistance 
hey, if someone knows how to make this line work: +?{Running, Forced march, Hold breath, Starvation or Thirst?|No, 0|Yes, 4} to constitution_mod I would be really thankful! For me, this line never prompt anything when rolling constitution, and the bonus does not appear in the dice roll at all. 
Pierre D. said: if someone knows how to make this line work: +?{Running, Forced march, Hold breath, Starvation or Thirst?|No, 0|Yes, 4} to constitution_mod I would be really thankful! For me, this line never prompt anything when rolling constitution, and the bonus does not appear in the dice roll at all.  Pierre,  I similarly have never been able to get the Toughness bonus to work for straight Constitution checks.  I think maybe you can't 'buff' the Constitution_mod stat the same way as the Fort save, because it has different fields in the sheet workers?  Anyway, I took another stab at it, and found a work-around.  It's not pretty though.  If you use something like the following formula:  [[X+?{toughness|No, 0|Yes, 4}]] (replacing X with the appropriate Constitution_Mod for your character. ) Type, or copy/paste from another location, straight into the 'Current' box of the constitution_mod field on the Attributes and Abilities page (back tab of the sheet)  Then when you click on Constitution to roll it from the front page, it will come up with the query.  Several issues with this workaround though: 1. If you change your Constitution score, or if you enter any new Mods to Constitution or constitution_mod, what you typed in on the back page gets overwritten. 2. The box you are working with is very small, and hard to type in, longer queries make that worse. 3.  The chat output only shows the total bonus, it does not separate the normal constitution_mod from the circumstance bonus from Toughness.  4. It creates an ugly mess of your Ability Scores on the front page.  (see pic below)  Even if this doesn't work well for people, perhaps it will get someone more deft with the system than I a little closer to a solution. 
Is there a separate tab for Feats or would those be filed under the "Abilities" tab? Also what is the difference between the mod input methods "manual" and "wizard"?
Jaytech, Wizard will help you input mods, sort of like it autofills some functions?  Honestly, I don't know that much about it, because I started using the sheet before that function was active, and I got used to the manual way.  And yes, you are correct in the assumption that Feats are usually under the Abilities tab.  At least that is where I put them.  I usually labeled them with the level I got them, for clarity and bookkeeping.  Eventually, I had so many entries under abilities I started combining the passive ones, like putting Toughness and Extra Resolve under the same entry. 
Fraka said: Are their any plans to support the new Character Operations Manual on the sheet? Second this question. The new book as 2 new ship combat roles. Be nice to see those on the sheet.
Thirding. Stew said: Fraka said: Are their any plans to support the new Character Operations Manual on the sheet? Second this question. The new book as 2 new ship combat roles. Be nice to see those on the sheet.
Moving report here - Ferigad  said: Hmm, not sure where i should start. We made a new Starfinder Table and i created 4 sheets for 4 players. At 3 Players all worked well. The Forth player, making an android character, choosed a name with a "2.7" in it... we soon realised that this Namechoice did indeed create a bug with his sheet. The formular for his Attackrolls and Skillrolls was completly destroyed. He changed the name, took the 2.7 out of it and it seemed to work, at first. But now no attack roll of him works. I made a check on the formular and something odd showed up. When i copy his "attack roll formular" from trying to roll, half of it shows 1dx throws...but around half of it, it beginns to throw up 1wx rolls... 1w6 would be the german equivelent for Dice (Würfel). Never saw a bug like that before and after checking the Devoloper Console and looked at the logs, it is indeed that "w" issue that creates the problem with his attack rolls. But i have no idear how to fix it or even how it came to that issue in the first place. I made a screenshot from the console and putting up the formular roll20 used to try to roll his attacks with his weapons. Doesnt matter if we put in new weapons, it just keeps up the bug. Next step would be creating a new sheet but i still wanted to post this one here. And here is the template like roll20 generated it for him. I checked the template at attribute & abilites, that one seems to be okay. @{Copy of Zapp|whisper_state}&{template:sf_attack}{{name=@{Copy of Zapp|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Copy of Zapp|character_id}}} {{title=Azimuth Laser Pistol}} {{leftbanner=^{level} [[[[1]]d1cs>2cf>2]]}} {{fullattack=[[?{Full Attack|No,0|Yes,1}*(2)]]}} {{r1name=Azimuth Laser Pistol}} {{r1=[[1d20+0[BAB]+@{Copy of Zapp|dexterity_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+[[?{Full Attack|No,0|Yes,1}*(-4)]][FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage1type=f}} {{damage1=[[1d4+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]+[[{{1w4},{0}}kl1 + {{1w4},{0}}kh1]][feu]]]}} {{crit1damage=[[1d4+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]+[[{{1w4},{0}}kl1 + {{1w4},{0}}kh1]][feu]]]}} {{crit1effect=}} {{r2name=Azimuth Laser Pistol}} {{r2=[[1d20+0[BAB]+@{Copy of Zapp|dexterity_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+[[-4]][FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage2type=f}} {{damage2=[[1d4+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]+[[{{1w4},{0}}kl1 + {{1w4},{0}}kh1]][feu]]]}} {{crit2damage=[[1d4+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]+[[{{1w4},{0}}kl1 + {{1w4},{0}}kh1]][feu]]]}} {{crit2effect=}} {{r3name=Azimuth Laser Pistol}} {{r3=[[1d20+0[BAB]+@{Copy of Zapp|dexterity_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+-4[FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage3type=f}} {{damage3=[[1d4+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]+[[{{1w4},{0}}kl1 + {{1w4},{0}}kh1]][feu]]]}} {{crit3damage=[[1d4+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]+[[{{1w4},{0}}kl1 + {{1w4},{0}}kh1]][feu]]]}} {{crit3effect=}} {{r4name=Azimuth Laser Pistol}} {{r4=[[1d20+0[BAB]+@{Copy of Zapp|dexterity_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+-4[FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage4type=f}} {{damage4=[[1d4+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]+[[{{1w4},{0}}kl1 + {{1w4},{0}}kh1]][feu]]]}} {{crit4damage=[[1d4+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]+[[{{1w4},{0}}kl1 + {{1w4},{0}}kh1]][feu]]]}} {{crit4effect=}} {{r5name=Azimuth Laser Pistol}} {{r5=[[1d20+0[BAB]+@{Copy of Zapp|dexterity_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+-4[FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage5type=f}} {{damage5=[[1d4+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]+[[{{1w4},{0}}kl1 + {{1w4},{0}}kh1]][feu]]]}} {{crit5damage=[[1d4+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]+[[{{1w4},{0}}kl1 + {{1w4},{0}}kh1]][feu]]]}} {{crit5effect=}} {{range=80}} {{ammo_type=charges}} {{curr_ammo=20}} {{rightbanner=}} {{notes=}} 
Heya Ferigad - Thank you for your bug report, we have logged it for investigation. In the meantime, it would be best to remake the character with no "." symbol, as we cannot confirm that even a sheet update would fix this current issue. Happy gaming to you and your fellow galactic adventurers! :)
Hey guys im trying to make 2 macros but cant figure this out lol. one too display current ammo left in a clip and one to reload it instead of going through the attack menu any way of doing this?

Edited 1578884943
Ameesa said: Hey guys im trying to make 2 macros but cant figure this out lol. one too display current ammo left in a clip and one to reload it instead of going through the attack menu any way of doing this? As a PRO subscriber you can use tha !ammo script. scroll back throuh the forum and you'll find references and examples.
K thanks have another look through

Edited 1579215277
Anybody who is playing a BioHacker I am sure is familiar with the search for "What CR did I identify with my Custom Microlab?"  For those who are interested, here is a chunk of auto-configuring text you can put into an ability for when you use that move action to know just how to fight the thing in front of you.  Life Science [[20+@{Life_Science}]] to identify Living creature. Common Rarity (pg 133 CRB)  1 piece of info; CR [[floor((20+@{Life_Science}-5)/1.5)]] or less, 2 pieces; CR [[floor((20+@{Life_Science}-10)/1.5)]] or less, 3 pieces; CR [[floor((20+@{Life_Science}-15)/1.5)]] or less, 4 pieces; CR[[floor((20+@{Life_Science}-20)/1.5)]] or less, 5 pieces; CR [[floor((20+@{Life_Science}-25)/1.5)]] or less, 6 pieces, CR [[floor((20+@{Life_Science}-5)/1.5)]] or less. Average Rarity; 1 less info, Rare; 2 less. Physical Science [[20+@{Physical_Science}]] to identify Unliving creature (undead, robots, etc.) Common Rarity (pg 133 CRB)  1 piece of info; CR [[floor((20+@{Physical_Science}-5)/1.5)]] or less, 2 pieces; CR [[floor((20+@{Physical_Science}-10)/1.5)]] or less, 3 pieces; CR [[floor((20+@{Physical_Science}-15)/1.5)]] or less, 4 pieces; CR[[floor((20+@{Physical_Science}-20)/1.5)]] or less, 5 pieces; CR [[floor((20+@{Physical_Science}-25)/1.5)]] or less, 6 pieces, CR [[floor((20+@{Physical_Science}-5)/1.5)]] or less. Average Rarity; 1 less info, Rare; 2 less. It is long. For lower level Biohackers, you could probably shorten it by removing the 4, 5, or 6 pieces of info part.  Note: this only works for when you get that sweet auto-result of 20, to ID critters.  it does not work if you actually have to roll that die, or for other Science checks.

Edited 1579288486
Deiko said: Ameesa said: Hey guys im trying to make 2 macros but cant figure this out lol. one too display current ammo left in a clip and one to reload it instead of going through the attack menu any way of doing this? As a PRO subscriber you can use tha !ammo script. scroll back throuh the forum and you'll find references and examples. We are trying to get this to work, without much luck! We have added the ammo.js to the game, and it seems to work. If I type !ammo in chat, we get a nice large usage box come up. We add the !ammo script to the Attacher section, and then... You can see it doesnt decrease. If I type the !ammo command into chat, we get: So it looks like the command works, it just isnt being run from the Starfinder character sheet. Any ideas what we could be doing wrong ? OK, so we had the !ammo command in the bottom box of the Attacher, moving it to the first we now no longer get the command displayed, but it still isnt updating the ammo count.

Edited 1579291508
Martin said: Any ideas what we could be doing wrong ? OK, so we had the !ammo command in the bottom box of the Attacher, moving it to the first we now no longer get the command displayed, but it still isnt updating the ammo count. Martin, I am not sure you need the regular parentheses ( ) around @{full_attack_number} , but I don't think they hurt anything either.  I think the culprit here is the code's placement in the Attacher box. (The box where you have your !ammo code is the Attacher, the box where you have your Trick Attack line is the Notes box)  The first line of the Attacher is for putting in buttons, in the attack window.  If you bump your code down to the second line, I think it might work for you, posting below the attack window in a little box. 
Thanks for the reply Luke - but we already tried it in the bottom box underneath Trick Attack - in that case it displayed the !ammo line as shown in the first image of my post.

Edited 1579295145
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Martin, What Luke is saying is simply put a new line before the !ammo declaration in the attacher field. So instead of the contents of the attacher being: !ammo ... it would instead be: blank line here !ammo ... In the sheet, this would look like:
Oh! That works - thank you! The mouseover tooltip does explain this, but without knowing what it meant we didnt understand what it was saying :)
NPC sheets dont have an "offensive ability section when dragging from Compendium. Huge bug.

Edited 1579629236
Are there any other scripts that work out of the box with this sheet in regards to tracking conditions? What I'm after is, on a players initiative turn, their current selected buffs/debuffs are announced into the chatbox. This has arisen due to the Encumbrance condition, while its affecting STR and DEX skill rolls on the sheet it isn't affecting Dex bonus to AC or Speed (is this a bug?) and I was hoping for a little reminder for the players each turn.  In addition to this, I've got the !ammo script working, is there a way to macro reloading and resetting ammo back to ammo max? It works in the Pathfinder official sheet but this sheet looks to do something different with repeating fields and I can't figure it out.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It should affect the AC, but the speed is not a buffable attribute as it's just pure text.
DAN J. said: Are there any other scripts that work out of the box with this sheet in regards to tracking conditions? What I'm after is, on a players initiative turn, their current selected buffs/debuffs are announced into the chatbox. This has arisen due to the Encumbrance condition, while its affecting STR and DEX skill rolls on the sheet it isn't affecting Dex bonus to AC or Speed (is this a bug?) and I was hoping for a little reminder for the players each turn.  In addition to this, I've got the !ammo script working, is there a way to macro reloading and resetting ammo back to ammo max? It works in the Pathfinder official sheet but this sheet looks to do something different with repeating fields and I can't figure it out. As far as the ammo, there's a great write up in the thread on this, look on page two and 4 and you should be able to find it. Essentially it adds a reload the player can click when needing to reload.
Mark (GM) said: As far as the ammo, there's a great write up in the thread on this, look on page two and 4 and you should be able to find it. Essentially it adds a reload the player can click when needing to reload. Great thanks. @Scott C Regarding the encumbrance debuff... if you make a change to Bulk (setting an item to zero bulk so it works it all out again) then all the calculations work for Dex and Str and the Dex penalty to AC. If you then change the STR or DEX stats then it doesn't autocalculate, you have to make a change to bulk again to get it to work. 
Hi, everyone! Thanks to Scott C. and Roll20 for this great sheet. I have a question about starships and buffs/conditions. What do you think is the best way to "automatically" implement the bonuses or penalties associated with the various crew actions? It would be great to have access to something like the tabs available on the PC sheet, where I'd be able to pre-stage adjustments for things like a captain's taunt or the benefits of a successful piloting stunt. Then, I could just check the box when those conditions apply and have the numbers automatically change. Is that possible? If not, have you given any consideration to adding that functionality? Thanks!
The starship sheet already has these configured though they do not calculate DC's. If you click on the title of the role beneath the name of the character it will either make the role with the associated check or bring up a skill list. Science officer prompts for computer usage and so does gunner if I recall correctly.  You could configure buff if you switch the sheet to PC enter the buff and then switch it back to Starship. However this can problematic when trying to turn on unless you use the api and a script such as chatsetattr. however depending on how the character are linked to sheet those buff may not target the correct roll or get odd results, so IMO not really practical solution. In most cases I've seen the adjustments are done on the fly.  Currently Vince B is working on an updated Combat Manager (based off of Robins combat tracker api script) that can track conditions on tokens. While this might not adjust the Roll for the player it can remind both player and gm when a condition is set.  Paris C. said: Hi, everyone! Thanks to Scott C. and Roll20 for this great sheet. I have a question about starships and buffs/conditions. What do you think is the best way to "automatically" implement the bonuses or penalties associated with the various crew actions? It would be great to have access to something like the tabs available on the PC sheet, where I'd be able to pre-stage adjustments for things like a captain's taunt or the benefits of a successful piloting stunt. Then, I could just check the box when those conditions apply and have the numbers automatically change. Is that possible? If not, have you given any consideration to adding that functionality? Thanks!
I don't know about things like Attacks, and Skill checks from the various roles, getting buffs from character actions like Encourage, Demand, and Taunt.  I think currently, Mark's suggestion is the best idea I can think of.  It would be good if there was another way to add a bonus at roll time, like another query field, the same way it asks for computer bonus.  Then you could type in the +2 or +4, whatever.  You would still have to type it in, so it would not be truly automatic, but that might be functionality someone could figure out (not me though). I did find a way to back-door buff your ship's AC and TL, not that it matters too much.  If you add an entry in Systems, and name it say 'Evasion'  you can add a +2 (or whatever) in the fields for AC and TL.  That 'System' can then be turned on and off with the On/Off toggle, and it changes the AC/TL listed at the top of the sheet.  It would be nicer if there was a simple button for that, but it is at least a starting point. 
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!
I have a question about BPs on the ship character sheet. It will calculate the BPs for everything that is added and given a BP value. But I cant see anywhere to give the frame BP, so the total is always off. I did think that setting the FRAME in the starship info section would add the necessary, but it doesnt seem to. For the Sunrise Maiden I have tried Explorer / EXPLORER but it doesnt make a difference.
I noticed that, too, Martin. I just added an “expansion bay” titled “Medium Explorer Frame” under the systems section and put the BP cost there.
Anybody know how modify an ability to add extra ammo usage? The mechanic's overcharge ability says: "As a standard action, you can use your custom rig to overcharge and attack with a ranged energy weapon or a melee weapon with the powered special property (see page 181) that you’re holding. If you hit, you deal 1d6 additional damage of the same type the weapon normally deals. This attack uses three times as many charges from the battery or power cell as normal and can’t be used if the weapon doesn’t have enough charges. This trick has no effect on a weapon without a battery or power cell. You can instead use this ability as a move action on a touched powered weapon that is unattended or attended by an ally to grant the same effect to that weapon’s next attack before the beginning of your next turn." I already have auto ammo tracking via the !ammo API, and I was curious if it was possible to add something into either the Overcharge ability or the Attack's attacher to use the correct amount of ammo. Edit: Typo Edit2: So currently, I've tried this but it's not working. Something is wrong with the parsing because it pops up another dialog box with after overcharge with some of the inline text. Code: ?{Overcharge?|YES,!ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-3 * @{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*@{full_attack_number}]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] @{ammo_type}|NO,!ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-@{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*@{full_attack_number}]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] @{ammo_type}} Edit3: I figured it out. Just needed to do the ammo on its own line using the answer from overcharge as a variable: !?{Overcharge|YES,3|NO,1} !ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-?{Overcharge} * @{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*@{full_attack_number}]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] @{ammo_type}
Separate, and much more frustrating, issue: Does anyone know how to buff the gunnery check performed via the starship sheet? I've tried about everything that I can think of, from buffing the character themselves to adding dialogue options in the attacher of the weapon being fired. Nothing seems to add anything extra to the attack roll... Edit: So, the solution I've come up with is to just make the Gunner their own macro that utilizes the roll and adds in prompts for the missing pieces (frame bonus, captain buff, damage (since it's going to be used on different weapons)), and removed the weapon specific stuff (different weapons). I'm not sure if this is the most elegant solution, however. Code: !?{Frame Bonus|YES,1|NO,0} !?{Captain Buff|YES,2|NO,0} @{Hippocampus|whisper_state}&{template:sf_ship} {{name=@{Hippocampus|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Hippocampus|character_id}}} {{title=Gunnery Check}} {{leftbanner=^{?{Arc?|forward|aft|port|starboard}}}} {{r1=[[1d20+?{Frame Bonus}[Frame Bonus]+?{Captain Buff}[Captain Buff]+[[@{Hippocampus|gunner_roll}]]@{Hippocampus|attack_query}@{Hippocampus|computer_query}@{Hippocampus|forward_weapons_status}@{Hippocampus|power_core_status}]]}} {{damage1=[[?{Damage}]]}} {{range=}} {{class=}} {{type=}} {{curr_ammo=}} {{ammo_type=}} {{rightbanner=}} {{notes=}} Edit2: I realized that that macro would only check the forward weapons status, which sent me down a massive rabbit hole to attempt to figure out how to make the weapons status a variable. I can't get it to work currently, as I don't know how/if you can just do straight text replacement.. Code: !?{Frame Bonus|YES,1|NO,0} !?{Captain Buff|YES,2|NO,0} !?{Arc|forward, forward_weapons_status|aft, aft_weapons_status|port, port_weapons_status|starboard, starboard_weapons_status} @{Hippocampus|whisper_state}&{template:sf_ship} {{name=@{Hippocampus|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Hippocampus|character_id}}} {{title=Gunnery Check}} {{leftbanner=^{?{Arc}}}} {{r1=[[1d20+?{Frame Bonus}[Frame Bonus]+?{Captain Buff}[Captain Buff]+[[@{Hippocampus|gunner_roll}]]@{Hippocampus|attack_query}@{Hippocampus|computer_query}@{Hippocampus|?{Arc}}@{Hippocampus|power_core_status}]]}} {{damage1=[[?{Damage}]]}} {{range=}} {{class=}} {{type=}} {{curr_ammo=}} {{ammo_type=}} {{rightbanner=}} {{notes=}}  Edit 3: Well, this was a rabbit hole.. Ended up creating a chat menu to ask what arc you want to fire, which calls a macro for the chosen arc.. This can't be the easiest solution, right? Chat menu: /me &{template:sf_generic} {{title=Gunnery Check}} {{name=Choose Your Firing Arc}} {{buttons0=[FORWARD](!#forwardGunneryCheck)}} {{buttons1=[AFT](!#aftGunneryCheck)}} {{buttons2=[PORT](!#portGunneryCheck)}} {{buttons3=[STARBOARD](!#starboardGunneryCheck)}} Macros: !?{Frame Bonus|YES,1|NO,0} !?{Captain Buff|YES,2|NO,0} @{Hippocampus|whisper_state}&{template:sf_ship} {{name=@{Hippocampus|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Hippocampus|character_id}}} {{title=Gunnery Check}} {{leftbanner=^{aft}}} {{r1=[[1d20+?{Frame Bonus}[Frame Bonus]+?{Captain Buff}[Captain Buff]+[[@{Hippocampus|gunner_roll}]]@{Hippocampus|attack_query}@{Hippocampus|computer_query}@{Hippocampus|aft_weapons_status}@{Hippocampus|power_core_status}]]}} {{damage1=[[?{Damage}]]}} {{range=}} {{class=}} {{type=}} {{curr_ammo=}} {{ammo_type=}} {{rightbanner=}} {{notes=}}  !?{Frame Bonus|YES,1|NO,0} !?{Captain Buff|YES,2|NO,0} @{Hippocampus|whisper_state}&{template:sf_ship} {{name=@{Hippocampus|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Hippocampus|character_id}}} {{title=Gunnery Check}} {{leftbanner=^{forward}}} {{r1=[[1d20+?{Frame Bonus}[Frame Bonus]+?{Captain Buff}[Captain Buff]+[[@{Hippocampus|gunner_roll}]]@{Hippocampus|attack_query}@{Hippocampus|computer_query}@{Hippocampus|forward_weapons_status}@{Hippocampus|power_core_status}]]}} {{damage1=[[?{Damage}]]}} {{range=}} {{class=}} {{type=}} {{curr_ammo=}} {{ammo_type=}} {{rightbanner=}} {{notes=}}  !?{Frame Bonus|YES,1|NO,0} !?{Captain Buff|YES,2|NO,0} @{Hippocampus|whisper_state}&{template:sf_ship} {{name=@{Hippocampus|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Hippocampus|character_id}}} {{title=Gunnery Check}} {{leftbanner=^{port}}} {{r1=[[1d20+?{Frame Bonus}[Frame Bonus]+?{Captain Buff}[Captain Buff]+[[@{Hippocampus|gunner_roll}]]@{Hippocampus|attack_query}@{Hippocampus|computer_query}@{Hippocampus|port_weapons_status}@{Hippocampus|power_core_status}]]}} {{damage1=[[?{Damage}]]}} {{range=}} {{class=}} {{type=}} {{curr_ammo=}} {{ammo_type=}} {{rightbanner=}} {{notes=}}  !?{Frame Bonus|YES,1|NO,0} !?{Captain Buff|YES,2|NO,0} @{Hippocampus|whisper_state}&{template:sf_ship} {{name=@{Hippocampus|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Hippocampus|character_id}}} {{title=Gunnery Check}} {{leftbanner=^{starboard}}} {{r1=[[1d20+?{Frame Bonus}[Frame Bonus]+?{Captain Buff}[Captain Buff]+[[@{Hippocampus|gunner_roll}]]@{Hippocampus|attack_query}@{Hippocampus|computer_query}@{Hippocampus|starboard_weapons_status}@{Hippocampus|power_core_status}]]}} {{damage1=[[?{Damage}]]}} {{range=}} {{class=}} {{type=}} {{curr_ammo=}} {{ammo_type=}} {{rightbanner=}} {{notes=}}  And yes, I realize the ship name is hard-coded. I'll change that when it matters, lol

Edited 1581038283
For the overcharge problem: I've also found that the !ammo API has problems when you try to use it inside of a query, but you can use queries inside the API command. Try putting this in the attack's attacher, instead !ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[?{Overcharge?|No,[[-@{usage}]]|Yes,[[-3*@{usage}]]}*{[[@{full_attack_query}*(@{full_attack_number})]],[[1]]}kh1]] @{ammo_type} EDIT: I forgot to take the Full Attack numbers into account. I tested the altered code above and got it to work for both full and standard attacks, with and without Overcharge applied. I'd love to be able to figure out a way for it to ask the Overcharge question and have it change both the ammo usage and the damage output, but I don't know how to do it, yet.
I'd love to be able to figure out a way for it to ask the Overcharge question and have it change both the ammo usage and the damage output, but I don't know how to do it, yet. Yea, I was trying to tackle that exact problem earlier and couldn't figure out a way to get it to work. I ended up just making a toggle ability do an extra d6 of damage

Edited 1581057626
TheSirLancelot said: I'd love to be able to figure out a way for it to ask the Overcharge question and have it change both the ammo usage and the damage output, but I don't know how to do it, yet. Yea, I was trying to tackle that exact problem earlier and couldn't figure out a way to get it to work. I ended up just making a toggle ability do an extra d6 of damage I think I might have figured out a workaround. If you put the following in the damage field, following the die roll,  it adds properly to the damage, though it doesn't look great on the weapon's sheet entry +?{Overcharge?|No,0|Yes,[[1d6]]} The problem is, it then overwrites the query within the !ammo call and you end up using 0, or gaining 1d6 charges in the chat message and weapon entry.   However, if you remove the query from the !ammo call, and use the regular, you could put in a button that would print with each attack, asking whether you did overcharge.   To do that, post the following on the first line of the attacher, above your !ammo call)  {{buttons0=[Overcharged?](!ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-@{usage}]]*2]] extra @{ammo_type})}} When you click on it, that will then subtract the extra charges used.  It is not as elegant as putting it all in one call, but it functions as a workaround.  
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Not sure why I didn't think of this before, but there is actually a way to automate this using the on/off toggle of the overcharge ability. XdY = weapon's normal damage $X = overcharge ability's row index or row id Damage equation: XdY + [[@{repeating_ability_$X_toggle}*Z]]d6 API command in the attacher: !ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[@{usage}+@{usage}*2*@{repeating_ability_$X_toggle}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*@{full_attack_number}]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] @{ammo_type} If you toggle overcharge on, the damage will be added and the additional ammo deducted. If overcharge is toggled off, neither will happen. Note that you could also store the extra overcharge damage in the overcharge ability's damage field and reference that for the damage on the weapon.
Scott C. said: Not sure why I didn't think of this before, but there is actually a way to automate this using the on/off toggle of the overcharge ability. XdY = weapon's normal damage $X = overcharge ability's row index or row id Damage equation: XdY + [[@{repeating_ability_$X_toggle}*Z]]d6 API command in the attacher: !ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[@{usage}+@{usage}*2*@{repeating_ability_$X_toggle}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*@{full_attack_number}]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] @{ammo_type} If you toggle overcharge on, the damage will be added and the additional ammo deducted. If overcharge is toggled off, neither will happen. Note that you could also store the extra overcharge damage in the overcharge ability's damage field and reference that for the damage on the weapon. That worked well (minus the fact that you have + usage instead of - so I'm gaining instead of expending, lol). And yea, I already have the damage in the ability, so I didn't need the extra piece in the weapon damage. Any feedback on the gunnery check debacle? 
Anyone have a macro for solarian stellar mode bonuses? And/or any other useful macros. Got a a Starfinder game coming up and looking to try and make life as easy as possible for myself and my players. 
It depends on what specifics you are looking for. Most stellar modes are made as abilities that a play can toggle to track. For items such as crystals there are some methods. I'd recommend page 2 and 13 having the most relevant information. In some case its best to use a buff provided the attribute is targetable.  Bobby said: Anyone have a macro for solarian stellar mode bonuses? And/or any other useful macros. Got a a Starfinder game coming up and looking to try and make life as easy as possible for myself and my players. 
On the Starfinder Core purchase the premade characters saving throws don’t work under the “menu” section. Seems to work on the monsters in Alien Archive. Any hints?
Hi folks wanted to ask a few questions, one about equipment descriptions from the compendium for the CRB not showing up on the character sheet when dragged on. Also there is a hiccup when drag and dropping ammunition onto the sheet it always puts the amount of rounds/charges in quantity, lets say a "Battery" you end up seeing players have 20 batteries on them (I understand the sheet is trying to convey the charges into "uses" maybe). Lastly all Serums of Healing have no price tag on how much they are worth, I feel this one may be intentional, though imo I'd liked to see the worth listed from the CRB.
Taz said: Hi folks wanted to ask a few questions, one about equipment descriptions from the compendium for the CRB not showing up on the character sheet when dragged on. Also there is a hiccup when drag and dropping ammunition onto the sheet it always puts the amount of rounds/charges in quantity, lets say a "Battery" you end up seeing players have 20 batteries on them (I understand the sheet is trying to convey the charges into "uses" maybe). Lastly all Serums of Healing have no price tag on how much they are worth, I feel this one may be intentional, though imo I'd liked to see the worth listed from the CRB. I've noticed the same things. In the case of the missing descriptions I think it's because they're not added as attributes in the compendium. It doesn't have anything to do with the sheet. In the case of the ammunition, I think it's a usability choice. If you drag two batteries over, you get two entries with 20 charges each. That's more convenient than have a stack of 2 batteries, each with an unknown number of charges. Having those descriptions would be nice though.

Edited 1583756195
I think some of the images have gone missing. The border decoration for the side text on the chat templates isn't loading. <a href="https://imgsrv.roll20.net/?src=https%3A//raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/master/Starfinder%2520by%2520Roll20/Assets/sf-side-header.png" rel="nofollow">https://imgsrv.roll20.net/?src=https%3A//raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/master/Starfinder%2520by%2520Roll20/Assets/sf-side-header.png</a> It should be decorated like the text at the top. Edit: it looks like the asset is still available on github&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/master/Starfinder%20by%20Roll20/Assets/sf-side-header.png" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/master/Starfinder%20by%20Roll20/Assets/sf-side-header.png</a> My guess is the roll20 image server isn't loading it for some reason.

Edited 1583858083
Yeah I was noticing the same thing last week during our session in regards to the borders being cut off.

Edited 1584020092
CptTwinkie said: I've noticed the same things. In the case of the missing descriptions I think it's because they're not added as attributes in the compendium. It doesn't have anything to do with the sheet. In the case of the ammunition, I think it's a usability choice. If you drag two batteries over, you get two entries with 20 charges each. That's more convenient than have a stack of 2 batteries, each with an unknown number of charges. Having those descriptions would be nice though. I think you might be right, I would express my concerns about the missing descriptions in the Starfinder CRB Bug Thread but those threads are closed. Hopefully its okay to point these things out here as they appear on the sheet. As for the ammunition thing glad to hear I'm not the only one noticing this but I don't think I was clear in my initial post. I can see maybe the convenience, yet the problem is how the sheet reads that many batteries/ammo and confuses wealth. how I think it should be seen vvv Descriptions aside I just wish the amount of ammunition be shown as 1 per item or be represented in the "Uses" attribute. This happens with not just battery and though its not shown here this affects carried weight incorrectly you can see this more clearly with ammo like Rounds.
Taz said: I think you might be right, I would express my concerns about the missing descriptions in the Starfinder CRB Bug Thread but those threads are closed. Hopefully its okay to point these things out here as they appear on the sheet. As for the ammunition thing glad to hear I'm not the only one noticing this but I don't think I was clear in my initial post. I can see maybe the convenience, yet the problem is how the sheet reads that many batteries/ammo and confuses wealth. how I think it should be seen vvv Descriptions aside I just wish the amount of ammunition be shown as 1 per item or be represented in the "Uses" attribute. This happens with not just battery and though its not shown here this affects carried weight incorrectly you can see this more clearly with ammo like Rounds. I forgot about uses being an option there. Of course that should be used instead. It probably goes back to the attributes used again though. I wish there was a thread where we could report bugs in the compendium.
Even if the original bug thread is closed you should be able to post a new bug and report in the bugs and technical forums issue.&nbsp; You just have to create a new posting.&nbsp;