Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Official Starfinder Character Sheet 1.0

Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Nick S. said: Hello, so DCs appear to calculate correctly when they are added to spells in the Spells section, or to spell-like abilities in the Abilities section. Unfortunately they don't work quite right if added to a class ability. You can set the modifier to your class's key ability, but I can't figure out how to make the sheet add half my character level (Minimum 1) to the DC. Every class ability with a DC that I have found is calculated this way. How can I make this happen? Hi Nick, First of all, sorry for the extreme delay in answering this question. The CRB doesn't mention that the DC's of Supernatural and Extraordinary abilities get a minimum of 1 from your level. They simply say to round down half your level Ryan R. said: Ryan R. said: I can't find the answer to this question, but I apologize if it's already been clarified: where in the Ship sheet do you add Piloting buffs?&nbsp; For instance a Thruster which gives +1 Piloting. There doesn't seem to be a spot for it, nor a place to enter mods. Not sure if it's poor form quoting yourself, I think my question was lost in the shuffle. Ryan R. said: Hi Luke, Thanks for the response. I've gotten my piloting checks to take those into consideration, but if you look here:&nbsp; <a href="http://www.aonsrd.com/Starship_Thrusters.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.aonsrd.com/Starship_Thrusters.aspx</a> &nbsp;each thruster gives a small negative or positive boost to the piloting checks of the ships. But when you add a Thrusters system to the character sheet, there doesn't seem to be a spot to add it. Luke H. said: Ryan,&nbsp; I'm not 100% sure this is what you're asking, but I'll show what I did.&nbsp; &nbsp;I am posting a pic here of what my Piloting check looks like when answering the prompts to use the generic computer bonus and not initiative.&nbsp; This Pilot does not have any bonus in their character sheet beyond ranks, class skill and ability modifier.&nbsp; So I think the -1 in the expanded roll analysis following the ability modifier is for the speed of 12,(which applies a -1 per CRB), then there is a +2, which I think comes from putting Perfect in the maneuverability field of the ship.&nbsp; I don't know what the next two 0s reference, and lastly, the last +2 is for using the computer bonus.&nbsp;&nbsp; So, in reference to your question I think the thruster +1 for slow ships is already in, according to what speed/maneuverability you have in. Special gear bonuses beyond that, I don't know.&nbsp;&nbsp; We've asked Paizo about these questions. The answer is that the bonus (or penalty) listed in the thruster table is the bonus/penalty from the speed that those thrusters convery, not a separate bonus. The sheet automatically determines your speed's bonus/penalty to piloting checks. There's no need to enter the info elsewhere.
I am utilizing the Official sheet for my upcoming campaign and have noticed the following while inputting NPCs. 1. The ability modifiers are being added to the listed bonus for saves and skills in stead of determining base and ranks like attacks do. Is this intentional? Am I supposed to adjust the values listed in the printed stat block to account for the ability modifiers? 2. The Initiative bonus in the beginning of the stat block always lists 0. Should this change to match Dex mod or does it only change if there is a buff turned on? Perhaps if it is calculated block then the user shouldn't be able to enter a value (even if it is ignored, which it currently is). 3. CMD does not automatically calculate. Was this intentional? I thought it was a static +8 to KAC. I'm sorry of any of these have been called out recently or previously discussed. This thread is just too long to scour through.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Yep, all of those are known bugs. They actually all have the same cause too. There will be an update to fix them next week.
Thanks Scott.
Hello, When you add the Paralysis debuff to a character it seems to give a permanent -5 to the associated skills even when it's turned off. I have to manually set the numbers back to where they should be.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi all, It's been a bit since the last update. There are several bug fixes that have gone live, and I'm still working on some of the other bugs reported that aren't included in the fixes below. See you all out in the Drift, Scott Starfinder Official V1.001539694800 Bug Fixes API sandbox was breaking due to sheet code New PC attacks/spells/abilities will populate with the correct bab now DC of new PC spells and abilities will now calculate based on the ability score associated with their source NPC ability rolls will now show damage and attack rolls (Really any roll after a certain point wasn't being displayed) NPC totals and rolls will now calculate correctly so that only buffs to a given ability score are added to the NPC's base value. Currently this is displayed in a variety of ways in rolls. Standardization will come soon.

Edited 1539898345
Hello there, Scott C. Thank you for your work. This post is going to be a combination of a couple of feature requests, a quasi-bug report, a sanity check, as well as sharing what I do that might help others. My first Feature Request:&nbsp; Container Items. I know, very broad.&nbsp; To begin with, this isn't something that is needed right this second .&nbsp; I would suggest it is on your roadmap somewhere though. Dealing with what items are in a backpack is simple enough.&nbsp; Their capacity is pretty finite.&nbsp; When we get to Efficient Bandoliers, and Null Space Chambers...&nbsp; It gets rather complex tracking which items are being carried, and yet their bulk doesn't count. My simplest "band-aid" suggestion is an ability to indent equipment items.&nbsp; So if you put a Container Item on a character sheet, you know any items beneath it that are indented (or above, if that is how you roll) are actually in the item even if they are set to "not carried" to keep the bulk from counting towards encumbrance. That brings me to my current "proud nail" of the Starfinder Character Sheet.&nbsp; Backpacks. If I'm not screwing up my reading, backpacks add X to Strength for your carrying capacity - which to me means (potentially) effecting encumber_bulk as well as overburden_bulk. Feature request #2:&nbsp; +X to Strength|category:carry (or :equipment, or :encumber, or something) While not terribly important for backpacks alone, there are spinal struts (Cybernetic Augmentations in Armory) as well as the Grunt feature of the Mercenary theme.&nbsp; Unless I'm screwing this up as well, they should all stack. What I do, currently, is: +(floor((@{Strength}+X)/2)-floor(@{Strength}/2) to encumber bulk +X to overburden_bulk Where "X" is the bump from the item. This works well for the other bulk increasing items as well.&nbsp; Until we get to multiples affecting a character at the same time. However, Backpacks have one more little hitch.&nbsp; When properly fitted (equipped), their base bulk isn't counted.&nbsp; I've tried reducing the carried bulk, the item bulk, and such.&nbsp; Unfortunately those factors aren't buffable.&nbsp; The best I can come up with is to add to the characters capacity again.&nbsp; I feel like this isn't the best way to do it...&nbsp; But here it is: +(floor((@{Strength}+X)/2)-floor(@{Strength}/2)+0.1 to encumber bulk +X+1.1 to overburden_bulk I use the decimal to make it easy to spot it isn't a real increase, just a mechanical one to keep the sheet from applying conditions that shouldn't take effect. So...&nbsp; How bad did I screw up my understanding?&nbsp; :P I haven't found anything in the FAQ, so I'm wondering if there is clarification out there somewhere?

Edited 1539903139
ISP - For the Industrial backpack, just put a dash "-" in the bulk and add the following to the mods section: +1 to encumber bulk +2 to overburden bulk

Edited 1556476975
I would like to second the feature request for more organization for equipment. My current solution is to manually create empty items as dividers, which works... but is not very pretty... [IMAGE EXPIRED] Also, indicators for trained/untrained skills would be awesome. That said, I know you've got plenty on your plate already so I don't expect to see these minor quality of life changes any time soon. Thanks again for the hard work Scott!
Also, any way to make Full Attacks play nicely with the Ammo api (ie. decrement ammo for each attack instead of just once?)
Nice workaround Nick.&nbsp; I think it looks pretty decent, actually.&nbsp; But yes, some sort of folder that could expand or minimize to show what is in it would be great.&nbsp;
On the ammo thing, Scott and others helped me work out this formula, which works for single or full attacks.&nbsp; &nbsp;It is generic and can be copy/pasted into any weapon.&nbsp;&nbsp; !wammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-@{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*@{full_attack_number}]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] @{ammo_type} The !wammo sets it to whisper the result, so as not to crowd the chat, but that is easy to change.&nbsp; Also, make sure to put it on the second line of the attacher, for each weapon you use it with.&nbsp; As normal, it will throw an error if you try to use the weapon without enough ammo.&nbsp;&nbsp; And... if you want a handy button to reload without opening weapons, you can put this on the first line of the attacher: {{buttons0=[Reload?](!ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo &amp;#91;&amp;#91;&amp;#64;{@{character_name}|repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo|max}-&amp;#64;{@{character_name}|repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo}&amp;#93;&amp;#93; @{ammo_type})}} Which puts a clickable button at the bottom of the attack that can be hit to "reload" the weapons ammo.&nbsp;&nbsp; Big props to Scott and the others who helped with this.&nbsp; I mostly just pestered and tested until they worked out all the bugs.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thanks Luke, I guess I should have looked at that post more closely :P
ISP said: Feature request #2:&nbsp; +X to Strength|category:carry (or :equipment, or :encumber, or something) I thought of a way to do this that might be easier to incorporate. Change encumber bulk to be non-buffable.&nbsp; Then set it to be equal to floor(overburden bulk/2)+1. Then we could just add to overburden bulk as if it was Strength for carrying purposes, and encumber bulk would take care of itself properly.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
ISP, I'm having some difficulty understanding what you are asking for. The current method can handle any carrying effect in the game, and I'm not sure what you find wrong with it. As for the organization; it is on my look into list, but there are some technical hurdles to jump and it is behind several important new features I'm working on ;). Nick that is an interesting way to handle it and does give me some ideas, so thank you. Scott
Scott C. said: ISP, I'm having some difficulty understanding what you are asking for. The current method can handle any carrying effect in the game, and I'm not sure what you find wrong with it. Okay, say you have a character with an odd value for Strength. This character is using an Consumer Backpack, a Mark 2 Spinal Struts, and has the level 6 Mercenary Theme ability, Grunt. How do you get all those to work properly with carrying capacity? Before you answer, consider the following:&nbsp; What happens if the character takes Penalty or Drain to Strength and it switches from an odd value to an even value?&nbsp; What happens when the character switches from wearing the backpack to carrying it instead?&nbsp; If you need a reason why, say a teammate is incapacitated, and the character elects to wear their Starfinder Backpack and carry their own. Now say they upgrade their Spinal Struts to Mark 3.&nbsp; Repeat the above questions. All of these things can be handled manually, but that kind of defeats the point of having a character sheet that automates all that stuff.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, thank you for getting me to look at how that is handled again ISP. You are correct that the encumber_bulk and overburden _bulk buffing is not working in some pretty likely to occur cases. I'll have to add a revamp of that to my to do list.
Im playing a mystic lvl 10 - the more spells i add the more the char sheet lags. It started around lvl 6 and its almost unbearable now - scrolling or editing sometimes takes &gt;5 seconds. Adding new spells is almost torture :( Any way to optimize that? I've tried different browers etc with no change.

Edited 1540130642
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
There are some optimizations I've discovered from working to fix this issue on the pfplaytest sheet that I'll be implementing on the SF sheet as well. It's just gonna be a few cycles before the change hits.
Nick said: My current solution is to manually create empty items as dividers, Thanks Nick!&nbsp; That will certainly do for now.&nbsp; Fortunately I am more pragmatic than some.&nbsp; I'll take functional over aesthetic any day.
I have a rollable table I put in for the Wound critical effect. Can I get it to roll by some form of syntax in the critical field of a weapon?&nbsp; I tried just posting the chat macro:&nbsp;&nbsp;/roll 1t[Critical-Wound]&nbsp; in there, but it just came out as text and did not roll the table.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Use inline roll syntax.
Definitely thank you Scott. That worked! So I ended up putting&nbsp; [[1t[Critical-Wound]]] In the critical field and it rolled it fine,&nbsp; Not ideal, because of the clunky way rollable tables look in and of themselves, but it saves some time clicking around and whatnot.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1540875866
Is there a way for buffs to be calculated using character level? For instance, I've tried "+class_1_level to Computers" among other combinations, but am lacking success. Any tips? Essentially, I'm looking for a way for the sheet to auto calculate bonus ranks from Operative's Specialization Perk. ie, hackers getting a +1 bonus rank to computers and engineering per operative level.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You need to put it in as an actual attribute call (e.g. @{character_level})
I modified the macro I have been using on PC guns and stuff for the !Ammo API to work with the few Starship weapons that need it, like the Limited Fire torpedos etc.&nbsp;&nbsp; !ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-1]]*{d1}kh1]] @{ammo_type} Just post it on the second (or subsequent) line of the attacher field of the Starship weapon, and it will post a little message after the attack saying how many missiles etc., you have left.&nbsp;&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Happy Sheet Update Day! Here are the notes from Scott with what has been updated this week on the Starfinder Sheet. Starfinder Official v1.001540904400 Bug Fixes Paralysis no longer creates a permanent negative when dexterity has not been manually set New Features Help Text Ever needed a little hint on what something does on the sheet? or how to enter your armor's details? There's now some new hover text to help in certain areas of the sheet. Look for the question mark in a black circle.
Luke H. said: I modified the macro I have been using on PC guns and stuff for the !Ammo API to work with the few Starship weapons that need it, like the Limited Fire torpedos etc.&nbsp;&nbsp; Nice! For some reason I had to manually look up and enter the row id for my missile weapon - maybe because it's in the Turret Arc? Not sure. Anyways, thanks Luke! One less thing to keep track of during starship combat is always appreciated :)
Gary A. said: Essentially, I'm looking for a way for the sheet to auto calculate bonus ranks from Operative's Specialization Perk. ie, hackers getting a +1 bonus rank to computers and engineering per operative level. Unfortunately, ranks in a skill isn't buffable.&nbsp; (Operative's Specialization adds actual ranks to a skill.)&nbsp; This can be important for triggering the +3 Class Skill bonus and if a character has something like the Starfinder Data Jockey Archetype level two ability; Fast Retrieval. If you suspect you might need the actual ranks in the skill in the future, the best way to do this would be: +@{class_1_level}*2 to skill_points_max Obviously, change the class number accordingly. With this you would have to remember to actually put points into the skills the Specialization grants. Alternatively, if you are certain that having ranks in the skill will never be needed, you could do: +@{class_1_level} to computers And if it happens to be a class skill add the following: +3 cs to computers (Computers is a class skill for Operatives.) HOWEVER :&nbsp; If you ever put ranks into the skill for any reason, even accidentally, it makes the result illegal.&nbsp; Not only will you possibly get double the Class Skill bump, Specialization does not allow the skill to exceed the maximum (Character Level). If you mean to put skill points in for any reason, you would have to change it to the following: +@{class_1_level}-@{computers_ranks} to computers Unfortunately, you can not do this from the outset because if computers_ranks is 0 or undefined, the whole line doesn't process. I would love to see if anyone has a better way to handle this.
I handle operative skills by essentially just granting them 10 per level, and assume that if the player chooses that specialization, they are going to put max ranks in those two skills anyway.&nbsp; Since we have to enter the skill/level and it is not predetermined, that is how I handle it.&nbsp; I also do the same thing for the human extra 1 skill rank per level.&nbsp; It is less trackable-traceable that way, but it is certainly simple, and it seems to work just fine.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I have my players do the same as Luke.
Unfortunately, ranks in a skill isn't buffable.&nbsp; (Operative's Specialization adds actual ranks to a skill.)&nbsp; This can be important for triggering the +3 Class Skill bonus and if a character has something like the Starfinder Data Jockey Archetype level two ability; Fast Retrieval. If you suspect you might need the actual ranks in the skill in the future, the best way to do this would be: +@{class_1_level}*2 to skill_points_max Obviously, change the class number accordingly. With this you would have to remember to actually put points into the skills the Specialization grants. Alternatively, if you are certain that having ranks in the skill will never be needed, you could do: +@{class_1_level} to computers And if it happens to be a class skill add the following: +3 cs to computers (Computers is a class skill for Operatives.) HOWEVER :&nbsp; If you ever put ranks into the skill for any reason, even accidentally, it makes the result illegal.&nbsp; Not only will you possibly get double the Class Skill bump, Specialization does not allow the skill to exceed the maximum (Character Level). If you mean to put skill points in for any reason, you would have to change it to the following: +@{class_1_level}-@{computers_ranks} to computers Unfortunately, you can not do this from the outset because if computers_ranks is 0 or undefined, the whole line doesn't process. I would love to see if anyone has a better way to handle this. My thought is that if I can get it to compute correctly, it would automatically input the ranks as I level up. I should ever have to put actual ranks into it if I consistently level up as an Operative. I think the cleanest solution at this point is to just put 10 in for my skills since I plan to keep those two skills maxed. Thanks for the suggestions&nbsp;everyone. I haven't been playing terribly long, but this has been a great and helpful first experience in the R20 forums.

Edited 1541087541
ISP said: Gary A. said: Essentially, I'm looking for a way for the sheet to auto calculate bonus ranks from Operative's Specialization Perk. ie, hackers getting a +1 bonus rank to computers and engineering per operative level. Unfortunately, ranks in a skill isn't buffable.&nbsp; (Operative's Specialization adds actual ranks to a skill.)&nbsp; This can be important for triggering the +3 Class Skill bonus and if a character has something like the Starfinder Data Jockey Archetype level two ability; Fast Retrieval. If you suspect you might need the actual ranks in the skill in the future, the best way to do this would be: +@{class_1_level}*2 to skill_points_max Obviously, change the class number accordingly. With this you would have to remember to actually put points into the skills the Specialization grants. Alternatively, if you are certain that having ranks in the skill will never be needed, you could do: +@{class_1_level} to computers And if it happens to be a class skill add the following: +3 cs to computers (Computers is a class skill for Operatives.) HOWEVER :&nbsp; If you ever put ranks into the skill for any reason, even accidentally, it makes the result illegal.&nbsp; Not only will you possibly get double the Class Skill bump, Specialization does not allow the skill to exceed the maximum (Character Level). If you mean to put skill points in for any reason, you would have to change it to the following: +@{class_1_level}-@{computers_ranks} to computers Unfortunately, you can not do this from the outset because if computers_ranks is 0 or undefined, the whole line doesn't process. I would love to see if anyone has a better way to handle this. Playing an operative, I've also had this issue.I did something similar to what you've outlined, except rather than try to alter the actual ranks in the sheet, I just focused on getting the proper total for the skill. I put 1 point into Acrobatics and stealth (Ghost specialization), and then have the ability give a bonus to both equal to ((character level -1) +3 for skill focus). At the moment, my formula isn't working, so I am just adding the calculated numbers manually (Really need to find a primer on the language used in this sheet), but this at least prevents the sheet from breaking if you mistakenly add a rank to either skill. I should also note that leaving the rank at 0 for this method will not work, as it will not come up with the proper total. There has to be at least 1 rank in a skill for it to properly calculate all bonuses, and thus far, I have found no way around that.
Alexi K. said: Playing an operative, I've also had this issue.I did something similar to what you've outlined, except rather than try to alter the actual ranks in the sheet, I just focused on getting the proper total for the skill. I put 1 point into Acrobatics and stealth (Ghost specialization), and then have the ability give a bonus to both equal to ((character level -1) +3 for skill focus). At the moment, my formula isn't working, so I am just adding the calculated numbers manually (Really need to find a primer on the language used in this sheet), but this at least prevents the sheet from breaking if you mistakenly add a rank to either skill. I should also note that leaving the rank at 0 for this method will not work, as it will not come up with the proper total. There has to be at least 1 rank in a skill for it to properly calculate all bonuses, and thus far, I have found no way around that. Unrelated to the Character Sheet:&nbsp; I should warn you that Skill Focus is a wasted feat for Operatives, unless you know the game will never, ever, reach level 7.&nbsp; Skill Focus is an Insight bonuses, and so is Operative's Edge, so they don't stack.&nbsp; At 7th level, Operative's Edge makes Skill Focus obsolete. Back to the sheet:&nbsp; Since Skill Focus is separate bonus, I would strongly suggest applying it separately.&nbsp; This will help with stacking and the like.&nbsp; I would suggest the following (assuming Operative is Class 1 on the sheet): +@{class_1_level)-1 to acrobatics and stealth And then make another Ability for Skill Focus that does: +3 insight to acrobatics/stealth/whatever For completeness, this is what I do for Operative's Edge: +floor((@{class_1_level}-3)/4)+2 insight to skills and initiative And for primer, the best I can offer is the wiki page for the sheet, although I usually only use it to find the link to the Appendices .&nbsp; ;) <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Starfinder_Official" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Starfinder_Official</a>
ISP said: Alexi K. said: Playing an operative, I've also had this issue.I did something similar to what you've outlined, except rather than try to alter the actual ranks in the sheet, I just focused on getting the proper total for the skill. I put 1 point into Acrobatics and stealth (Ghost specialization), and then have the ability give a bonus to both equal to ((character level -1) +3 for skill focus). At the moment, my formula isn't working, so I am just adding the calculated numbers manually (Really need to find a primer on the language used in this sheet), but this at least prevents the sheet from breaking if you mistakenly add a rank to either skill. I should also note that leaving the rank at 0 for this method will not work, as it will not come up with the proper total. There has to be at least 1 rank in a skill for it to properly calculate all bonuses, and thus far, I have found no way around that. Unrelated to the Character Sheet:&nbsp; I should warn you that Skill Focus is a wasted feat for Operatives, unless you know the game will never, ever, reach level 7.&nbsp; Skill Focus is an Insight bonuses, and so is Operative's Edge, so they don't stack.&nbsp; At 7th level, Operative's Edge makes Skill Focus obsolete. Back to the sheet:&nbsp; Since Skill Focus is separate bonus, I would strongly suggest applying it separately.&nbsp; This will help with stacking and the like.&nbsp; I would suggest the following (assuming Operative is Class 1 on the sheet): +@{class_1_level)-1 to acrobatics and stealth And then make another Ability for Skill Focus that does: +3 insight to acrobatics/stealth/whatever For completeness, this is what I do for Operative's Edge: +floor((@{class_1_level}-3)/4)+2 insight to skills and initiative And for primer, the best I can offer is the wiki page for the sheet, although I usually only use it to find the link to the Appendices .&nbsp; ;) <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Starfinder_Official" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Starfinder_Official</a> Apologies. When I mean a primer, I mean a primer on the syntax/language used to make the sheet so I can better understand how to do the formulas. I have been referencing the stafinder offcial sheet wikia regularly, but it's not enough to help me understand the syntax in general. As for skill focus, I am aware that it is a wasted feat compared to operative's edge, but you still get it through specialization nonetheless. The stacking is an issue I haven't really touched yet, as most of my fixes have been somewhat crude do to my lack of syntax knowledge. Will definitely give your formulas a try.&nbsp;

Edited 1541093115
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Alexi, I was just re-reading the Starfinder wiki section on using the mods fields, and I realized that I never actually spelled out what can go in the value of a buff (the part before the buff type and "to"). The closest I came was implying it with the roll query example. I'll work on getting that updated with a section on this part of the syntax, but in the mean time, the basic deal is that the value of the buff is really just an additional roll that is added to the attribute, so it can contain anything that could go in a macro. This includes roll queries, dice rolls, attribute calls (e.g. @{character_level}), and anything else from the&nbsp; dice reference wiki page . If the sheet can't calculate what is entered, it will be evaluated at roll time (obviously, this doesn't work for things like eac that aren't rolled). Thanks for pointing out that the wiki needs this information, Scott
Scott C. said: Hi Alexi, I was just re-reading the Starfinder wiki section on using the mods fields, and I realized that I never actually spelled out what can go in the value of a buff (the part before the buff type and "to"). The closest I came was implying it with the roll query example. I'll work on getting that updated with a section on this part of the syntax, but in the mean time, the basic deal is that the value of the buff is really just an additional roll that is added to the attribute, so it can contain anything that could go in a macro. This includes roll queries, dice rolls, attribute calls (e.g. @{character_level}), and anything else from the&nbsp; dice reference wiki page . If the sheet can't calculate what is entered, it will be evaluated at roll time (obviously, this doesn't work for things like eac that aren't rolled). Thanks for pointing out that the wiki needs this information, Scott Happy to help. Also, thanks for the dice reference page. That is just what I was looking for.

Edited 1541108763
Alexi K. said: Happy to help. Also, thanks for the dice reference page. That is just what I was looking for. This is what I get for not checking if you posted while I was writing up a long winded response.&nbsp; :P Leaving the rest, in case it helps others. Alexi K. said: When I mean a primer, I mean a primer on the syntax/language used to make the sheet so I can better understand how to do the formulas. I have been referencing the stafinder offcial sheet wikia regularly, but it's not enough to help me understand the syntax in general. Oh.&nbsp; Alright.&nbsp; Let me see if I can't confuse you some more.&nbsp; ;) First off, the general syntax is as follows: [formula/value] [tag/type (optional**)] to [target] [and target (optional] I suspect you already grasp this part. Formulas are very complex depending on what you what to calculate.&nbsp; And while I suspect this is the area you want the most help with, I'm not really the person to give it I don't think. If you are calling a value from the character sheet you use @{} around it, such as @{computers} to use the full modifier the character has for the computers skill. If you are calling outside the character sheet, such as in a macro, you need to use a character name OR use "selected" if you want it to work with any token.&nbsp; Such as @{&lt;character_name&gt;|computers} OR @{selected|computers}.&nbsp; For the later, it will only work when a token is selected. The tag/type can be just about anything you want.&nbsp; If the modifier is typed in the rules, you really should use the type here. There is a "special" tag for entering the Max Dex on a suit of armor, and that is: max dex.&nbsp; Note that the modifier can't be equal to 0.&nbsp; If you do "+0 max dex to armor" it won't process. **Even though the tag/type is technically optional, I strongly recommend it.&nbsp; That isn't to say if you don't use it you are doing it wrong.&nbsp; The sheet handles stacking rules, so if the bonus has a type and you use it the character sheet will handle how it stacks - or not.&nbsp; Even if the bonus is untyped, I generally put something there as a reminder of where the value came from.&nbsp; This way when anyone mouses over the roll in chat there is a hint of where the value came from. It is my personal preference. The target is any buffable attribute plus a few extras.&nbsp; Let me see if I can figure them out from memory...&nbsp; attack, skills, armor (for both EAC and KAC), skill_points_max, encumber bulk, overburden_bulk, and likely many more that are escaping me right now. You do not need to encapsulate the target with @{} Optionally, you can add a second target. Do note that if you mouse over a section on the character sheet that can be called (pulled from the sheet to use in a formula), or is buffable, the name will show up in the tooltip popup.&nbsp; Example, if you mouse over the box for ranks in Stealth, your tooltip should read @{stealth_ranks}. With all that said, I am likely missing a lot.&nbsp; Then again, I'm still trying to wring every last secret out of the interface myself.
There seems to be an issue with the handling of spaces for underscores (_) in the syntax of modifiers. For example: +3 circumstance to Sleight of Hand This does not yield any bonuses, either to the dice rolls or on the character sheet.
Daniel K. said: There seems to be an issue with the handling of spaces for underscores (_) in the syntax of modifiers. For example: +3 circumstance to Sleight of Hand This does not yield any bonuses, either to the dice rolls or on the character sheet. I've tested this, and it appears to only happen with Sleight of Hand.&nbsp; Potentially because it has two spaces in the name?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Thanks Daniel K and ISP. Looks like I had forgotten to make the replace global. A fix will be out on Tuesday.

Edited 1541179683
ISP said: Alexi K. said: Happy to help. Also, thanks for the dice reference page. That is just what I was looking for. This is what I get for not checking if you posted while I was writing up a long winded response.&nbsp; :P Leaving the rest, in case it helps others. Alexi K. said: When I mean a primer, I mean a primer on the syntax/language used to make the sheet so I can better understand how to do the formulas. I have been referencing the stafinder offcial sheet wikia regularly, but it's not enough to help me understand the syntax in general. Oh.&nbsp; Alright.&nbsp; Let me see if I can't confuse you some more.&nbsp; ;) I do have some background in programming, so not as confusing. I should thank you however, as you have given me a few pieces to the puzzle that I have been scratching my head over. One other question for the sheet. Where do you add macros? do they go in the attacher or somewhere else?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
That depends on what you mean by macros. If you mean the actual attack rolls, spell rolls, initiative, or other things like that, then they are made by the sheet and all you need to do is click the button for the given action. If you want to customize these rolls or add additional messages (including API commands), then you can override the default roll template fields in a roll or add extra messages by using the attacher (see the wiki page for more info).
Scott C. said: That depends on what you mean by macros. If you mean the actual attack rolls, spell rolls, initiative, or other things like that, then they are made by the sheet and all you need to do is click the button for the given action. If you want to customize these rolls or add additional messages (including API commands), then you can override the default roll template fields in a roll or add extra messages by using the attacher (see the wiki page for more info). I see. I'm finding some ambiguity in what they consider macros in some of the other documentation in the rolld20 wiki, possibly because it's related to functions I have no access to with a free account. In this case though, the attacher and even the comment section is what I am looking for.&nbsp;
For me, and I may be off base on this, I only consider something a macro if it is added under the Collection tab (fourth from the left, to the left of the setting 'gear') under Macros. If I add it to the character sheet under the Attributes &amp; Abilities tab I call it an ability.&nbsp; Admittedly, it gets a little confusing as RPG usually refer to the characters stats as attributes, and the Starfinder Character Sheet has a section called Abilities that is separate from the Attributes &amp; Abilities tab...&nbsp; But that is how I refer to things. Each location that you can script things in has different primary uses.&nbsp; Macros I use for buttons on the Macro Bar.&nbsp; Because nesting macros is so damn ugly, I don't use them for much beyond easy stuff and chat menus to call Abilities. For example, I made a quick Macro to send to chat my character's EAC, KAC, CMD, resistances and AC notes so with one click (or a #chat_macro_call) I can let the GM know what they are if asked.** You don't have to follow my methodology though.&nbsp; As you learn how each part of Roll20 and character sheets interact, you will find your own way of making them dance to your tune.&nbsp; :) **Just so I'm not considered a tease, here is the macro: &amp;{template:sf_generic} {{name=character_name}} {{characterid=@{character_name|character_id}}} {{title=Defenses}} {{r1name=**EAC**}} {{r1=**@{character_name|EAC}**}} {{r2name=**KAC**}} {{r2=**@{character_name|KAC}**}} {{r3name=**CMD**}} {{r3=**@{character_name|cmd}**}} {{r4name=**Resistances**}} {{r4=@{character_name|dr}}} {{notes=@{character_name|ac_notes}}} Of course, sub your characters name for character_name.
Developed some formulas to put as checkable buffs in the Buffs tab for light (standard 1/3) and high (standard x2) gravity, as they pertain to carrying capacity.&nbsp; Light Gravity: +floor(@{strength}) gravity to encumber_bulk +(@{strength}*2) gravity to overburden_bulk High Gravity: -floor(@{strength}/4) gravity to encumber_bulk -floor(@{strength}/2) gravity to overburden_bulk I don't know that they play exactly accurately with the backpack or other carry weight bonuses.&nbsp; It depends on whether you add the backpack etc. bonus before, or after, the multiplier.&nbsp;
I've learned so much going through this thread; trick attacks, weapon focus and a few others. Bu I still have 2 things I'd like to be able to do. first is there any way to give a bonus to all skills based on a particular attribute? e.g. +2 morale to skills|ability:dex I have no idea if this is possible or what the right keywords would be. Second, I think one of the most asked questions is what AC are you targeting. I'd really like to have my attack roll appear as "22 vs. EAC" I can get close placing "]] vs. EAC" in the bonus field for the attack roll, but it looks like it expects a number here so it comes out as "22 vs EAC]]" or "]] vs. EAC [[ 0" giving "22 vs. EAC 0" either of which are unfortunately confusing. Is there some other work around or a different approach? Another little box showing what AC the weapon targets would be a nice enhancement, but I'd be happy if some text is possible.

Edited 1541410915
Not sure how, you would do the Skill/dex adjustment but for the armor type, I know of three options: 1) Enter the name of the weapon with the type - Tactical Pistol vs KAC, Hail pistol vs EAC 2) Enter it in the damage type field of the weapon - Cold vs EAC, Piercing vs KAC 3) In the attacher field of each weapon, replace the r1name value {{r1name=vs EAC}} or {{r1name= vs KAC}}. Well 4 actually, just enter it in the notes field of the weapon.
Very nice, Deiko.&nbsp; I really like option 3.&nbsp;