Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Official Starfinder Character Sheet 1.0

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
In the settings section of the right bar (where the chat window and journal are), you can set whether your character sheets auto pop out or not. Once you have them set to not pop out automatically, you can manually pop them out when you need to by clicking the pop out button at the top left of the character sheet pane (the button has an icon of two intersecting boxes).

Edited 1544554947
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hello Everyone, Today's sheet update is very exciting as you may have already guessed from the Roll20 announcement of the release of the Alien Archive . I'm excited for all of you to enjoy the drag and drop of NPCs from the archive and looking forward to future features and releases. So, without further ado, here's the changelog for today: Bug Fixes Chat Menus were not updating correctly The Initiative Button for PCs was not clickable in Firefox Profession based mods should no longer crash the sheet ( Potential Fix ) A possible fix for the slow spell sections. New/Changed Features NPC ability checks can now be rolled from the sheet instead of requiring use of the chat menu NPC Multiattacks: NPCs now have a new attack section for multiattacks. Each attack in the multiattack is added individually. Each attack in the multiattack has a field to set how many attacks it makes up in the multiattack. To support the large number of attacks that NPCs can make using the multiattack feature the roll template has also been updated to allow for up to 10 attacks at a time. Compendium Drag and Drop Enabled! Any non starship NPC can be dragged onto your table from the Alien Archive. All of its attacks and unique abilities will be set up for you. Full auto setup of spells and abilities from the back of the book are simply waiting on additional sheet functionality that I'll be working on moving forward. For a full list of the compendium's features and to report any compendium specific bugs, visit its dedicated bug thread.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Just popping in to say we (the Production Team) are really excited about the Alien Archive and that we hope it is a great time saver on building your Starfinder games. As this is our first official Starfinder product, I would love feedback on how the book feels to use and if we missed anything you'd like to see. I have a Known Issues and Future Development note on the Alien Archive bug thread in case you're curious for where we're going next with Starfinder.  See you in the stars! Trivia - Production Coordinator
Thanks a bunch Scott! Scott C. said: In the settings section of the right bar (where the chat window and journal are), you can set whether your character sheets auto pop out or not. Once you have them set to not pop out automatically, you can manually pop them out when you need to by clicking the pop out button at the top left of the character sheet pane (the button has an icon of two intersecting boxes).
Hey Scott, did the idea of making ammo type accessible for the sheetworkers get any farther down the pipe? The soldier in my game has a bit of an arsenal and it's making gear boost a little awkward. It's manageable, but it'd be nice to make something global instead of constantly adding a parameter here or there on the weapons.

Edited 1544594694
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Ben, Sorry, I've been kind of focused on getting AA out the door and prepping for the cool stuff in the pipeline. That shouldn't actually be that hard to add; off the top of my head I think it's just one line that I'll need to change, but let me do some digging and I'll let you know.
Hey guys Great that you're getting the compendium up and running.  I have a question though. Do I need to buy the book in the roll20 marketplace in order to access click and drag from the compendium? Like I've payed for the book already from Paizo... so paying 40 bucks for only the compendium feature is a bit much in my opinion. Am I understanding this correctly? 
I am not sure if this is the right place, but when ever I make rolls from the sheet, it seems to be an excessive amount of dice rolled. For example: Rolling a standard taclash roll for an Aeon Guard.  5 d20s are rolled and 10 d4s are rolled when it should be 1d20 and 1d4 right?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Adam, This is indeed the right place for sheet feedback and questions. The reason for the high number of rolls is because of how roll templates work. They have to know the result of all the dice before they can figure out what to display, so everything gets rolled at once. I've got some possible streamlining on my list of things to look into, but I haven't gotten any further in the process than that as I've been focused on getting the sheet support for Alien Archive out the door. Regardless of what streamlining I'm able to introduce when I get the time to look into it, there will always be at least a few extra rolls to handle criticals. So, no promises on what improvements might be coming related to roll templates, but it is something that I'm looking into.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Tommy, The Alien Archive is a paid product converted for use on the Roll20 VTT. Without it, users are free to enter in the information they have from other sources (ie: a physical book or pdf). The content that is paid for is the VTT conversion, saving time and effort in getting the Starfinder ruleset on the Roll20 tabletop. 
Heyo. Minor complaint tossed my way by my players couldn't find a section for feats (and I couldn't either) while building characters, so did I miss it or does the character sheet not have one yet?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi John, The abilities section is designed as a catch all for any abilities that your character might have, whether it's from your race, class, or a feat.
John ... We just added our feats to the abilities section. And under source we just typed Feat
Hey, I was going to create a new character on my starfinder's game and i got a bug on my characters sheets. I can't change my character tabs, no tabs do appear on my sheet. No conditions tab, no menu tab, no tabs at all, so i can't actually change my Race hit points and other things. All the other PC's sheets are having the same issue. Lookg foward for an awnser since i have a game for today's night. 
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Ralke, I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with the sheet. Unfortunately, I'm not able to replicate this on my end using the live sheet. Can you go through some troubleshooting steps for me, as well as post a screencap (or link to a screen cap) of what your character sheet looks like? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  The complete console log is especially important, it should have a line that reads, " Starfinder-Log: Starfinder Character Sheet v1.01, build Date:1544450400 loaded" towards the top as well as whatever lines come before this. The version # and build date are the current ones. Thank you!
ralke M., Try a different browser if you are using firefox or chrome it may work it may not, that bug is supposed to be fixed. Otherwise have the GM delete and get you a new character sheet is one option. The other is to see if the GM can edit the sheet to see if it displays differently from them. 
I'm setting up some new NPC sheets and I noticed that the saves are factoring in the ability score modifiers.  It looks like this is a known issue per a post on 10/11 but is there an estimation on when the fix will be live? Thanks!
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Matt, This issue should already be fixed. Can you post a screencap of the roll showing the ability score taken into account and a screencap of the save's setup on the NPC and it's ability scores? Scott
I have a question about the functionality of the sheet. I have notice that when setting up special abilities for npc's in the sections where  attack roll, mod damage roll etc. if they are open and left open the rolls output to chat, if they are not they do not output the sheet. Everything else is put out to the chat but the rolls for damage, spell dc, attack rolls are not. Is this intended to be this way or is this a bug? I did not see anything in the official wiki stating this needed to be done?
Hi Scott, I've been having the same issue as Matt, both on the sheets I've had for a long time and a new one I created today to test. The macro being sent to the chat reads as follows: @{CHARACTER|whisper_state}&{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{CHARACTER|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{CHARACTER|character_id}}} {{title=Fortitude}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{CHARACTER|fort_base}[BASE]+@{CHARACTER|fort_ability}[ABILITY]@{CHARACTER|fort_misc}]] }} {{notes=@{CHARACTER|save_notes}}} I've typed in the save entries and ability scores as shown, and here is the result. (A similar thing happens for Reflex and Will saves.)          
How would one set up trick attack for an operative.&nbsp; I Saw a post earlier in this thread but it only gave me errors Class_2 is my Operative I created an ability in the abilities section call trick attack. I expanded the damage section and added this to the damage roll [[ [[{@{class_2_level},5}&gt;5]]+floor({@{class_2_level}-3,0}kh1/2)]]d[[4*({@{class_2_level},3}&gt;3)]] I expanded the attacher and added this {{r1=[[1d20+@{skill_ranks}+@{skill_class_skill}+@{skill_ability}@{skill_misc}]]}} {{r1name=SKILL CHECK}} {{attackflag=[[1d1]]}} But r1name and attackflag are red-flagged and I get these errors in the log ASHRA No attribute was found for @{Ashra|skill_ranks} No attribute was found for @{Ashra|skill_class_skill} No attribute was found for @{Ashra|skill_ability} No attribute was found for @{Ashra|skill_misc} GM Michael (GM): TRICK ATTACK 1D8 ACTIVATION 1 action 1st ATTACK SKILL CHECK 10 DAMAGE <span class="userscript-inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" title=" Rolling 1d4+0[ABILITY] = ( 2 )+0" style="background-color: transparent ; border: 0px transparent ; padding: 0px 3px ; font-weight: ; cursor: help ; font-size: 13pt ; line-height: 1.4em ; font-family: &quot;contrail one&quot;">2 NOTES: &nbsp;You can trick or startle a foe and then attack when she drops her guard. As a full action, you can move up to your speed. Whether or not you moved, you can then make an attack with a melee weapon with the operative special property or with any small arm. Just before making your attack, attempt a Bluff, Intimidate, or Stealth check (or a check associated with your specialization; see page 94) with a DC equal to 20 + your target’s CR. If you succeed at the check, you deal 1d4 additional damage and the target is flat-footed. This damage increases to 1d8 at 3rd level, to 3d8 at 5th level, and by an additional 1d8 every 2 levels thereafter. You can’t use this ability with a weapon that has the unwieldy special property or that requires a full action to make a single attack. EX ASHRA
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Michael, The equation that you are using for your skill roll is using a generic example syntax. You'll need to replace "skill" with the skill you are actually using (e.g. acrobatics or life_science)
Thank you. I stared at that for 30 minutes completely missing the generic section.&nbsp; Pro-tip people... Do NOT create macros under the influence of pain meds from a root/canal / extraction.&nbsp; bad things can and will happen.
Hi, Im having trouble with some of the Skills buttons on the Character sheet. I'll use Perception for example, if I click on Perception under the Initiative or down in the skills section of the character sheet it seems to calculate everything correctly since I currently have +10 assigned to Perception and in the breakdown it shows it added. When I go over and use the Skills button in the Menus option or set a macro in Abilities "%{selected|perception}", it fails to calculate in the character sheet's ranks modifier. Now I've tried this with Perception, Stealth, and Athletics so far, making a macro but for testing, using the character sheet's menus option, and clicking on the skill's name in the sheet itself and it seems every time I use Menus, or a macro button it wont add in ranks, but it will if I go into the sheet itself and click on the skill name. I really like the Skills macro under Menus which is why I tried to set up a macro as a token action but so far I'm stuck having to open the character sheet anytime I want to roll a skill check.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hmm, thanks for the report Tol. That's certainly not the expected behavior. I'll look into it.

Edited 1547383651
LotsOfLore
Translator
Michael B. said: How would one set up trick attack for an operative.&nbsp; I Saw a post earlier in this thread but it only gave me errors Hi, I made a trick attack macro... It's crude but simple, basically I used the full attack template. What the box calls "1st attack" attack is actually the skill check, while "2nd attack" is the actual attack. To implement it you just have to substitute "Loki_23B" with your character's name and adjust for your equipment. This one is made for a melee, with stealth as the associated skill and I added a +4 to the skill check since that character has the "Ghost" specialization so it gets that bonus to the trick attack, you can take it out. If you want it for a small arm you don't need to change the attack part, as it would use DEX same as the melee operative, but you will have to change the damage part to take out the STR modifier.&nbsp; I would love to make it so that you choose which skill and which attack to go with but I don't know how yet, though I think it can be done as the choosing functionality is already in the sheet. I'll give it a try someday CODE: @{Loki_23B|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_attack}{{name=@{Loki_23B|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Loki_23B|character_id}}} {{title=Trick Attack Stealth - Knife}} {{leftbanner=^{level} [[[[1]]d1cs&gt;2cf&gt;2]]}} {{fullattack=[[1*(2)]]}} {{r1name=Stealth}} {{r1=[[1d20+4[GHOST]+@{Loki_23B|stealth_ranks}[RANKS]+[[({0,@{Loki_23B|stealth_ranks}}&gt;1)*@{Loki_23B|stealth_class_skill}]][CS]+@{Loki_23B|stealth_ability}[ABILITY]@{Loki_23B|stealth_misc}]]}} {{r2name=Attack}} {{r2=[[1d20+2[BAB]+@{Loki_23B|dexterity_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+[[1*(0)]][FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage2type=Slashing}} {{damage2=[[1d4+@{Loki_23B|strength_mod}[ABILITY]+1[SPEC]+1d8]]}} {{crit2damage=[[1d4+@{Loki_23B|strength_mod}[ABILITY]+1[SPEC]]]}} {{crit2effect=}} {{notes=Target is FLAT FOOTED if successful check CD 20+CR, Operative, Analog}}

Edited 1547382241
LotsOfLore
Translator
I have a question:&nbsp; I just noticed that the Grenades Proficiency menu in the "Weapon &amp; Armor Proficiencies" tab of the character sheet allows for it to be set at "Specialized" level... If I'm not mistaken that is forbidden by the rules, is it not?&nbsp; Page 163 says you can "never have specialization in grenades".&nbsp; So if that is the case, I would suggest taking the option away from the sheet, so as to not confuse players, especially newbies.

Edited 1547382593
LotsOfLore
Translator
Also, still on the subject of the Weapon Specialization functionality of the character sheet... Maybe you are already aware of this issue, if that is the case I apologize. I noticed that there's no way to account for a melee weapon being of the category "Operative Weapon", which would make it have half the bonus from the weapon specialization effect.&nbsp; Currently, in the sheet there is no separate category for "Operative Weapons", therefore if you have Specialization with melee weapons activated on the sheet, it will give your knives and other operative weapons the full bonus from level instead that half that bonus because it considers those weapons as normal "simple melee" weapons. A solution could be having an extra category called "Operative Weapons" added to the existing ones, so that they don't get confused with normal melee or ranged weaps.
LotsOfLore said: Also, still on the subject of the Weapon Specialization functionality of the character sheet... Maybe you are already aware of this issue, if that is the case I apologize. I noticed that there's no way to account for a melee weapon being of the category "Operative Weapon", which would make it have half the bonus from the weapon specialization effect.&nbsp; If you click on the gear icon at the very top of the sheet, (under the tabs, next to the Starfinder Logo) it takes you to a place with tabs for Comms, Display Mode and House Rules.&nbsp; Under house rules is a section for Half Specialization weapons.&nbsp; It includes the words; operative, small_arm small_arm of course, is the category but to use the operative ability included here, go to your attack section.&nbsp; The word; operative must be included in the SPECIAL box for each weapon it applies to.&nbsp; It can be in there with other words as well, or by itself, such as: Analog, operative.&nbsp; To get the damage bonus to refresh, you may have to make a change in the damage field of the weapon, such as change 1d4 to 1d4+1 and then back.&nbsp; &nbsp; I tested it out on a few weapons and it seemed to work each time.&nbsp; It does have to be manually entered into each operative weapon it applies to, but that's no big deal.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Hope that helps.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Luke H. said: LotsOfLore said: Also, still on the subject of the Weapon Specialization functionality of the character sheet... Maybe you are already aware of this issue, if that is the case I apologize. I noticed that there's no way to account for a melee weapon being of the category "Operative Weapon", which would make it have half the bonus from the weapon specialization effect.&nbsp; If you click on the gear icon at the very top of the sheet, (under the tabs, next to the Starfinder Logo) it takes you to a place with tabs for Comms, Display Mode and House Rules.&nbsp; Under house rules is a section for Half Specialization weapons.&nbsp; It includes the words; operative, small_arm small_arm of course, is the category but to use the operative ability included here, go to your attack section.&nbsp; The word; operative must be included in the SPECIAL box for each weapon it applies to.&nbsp; It can be in there with other words as well, or by itself, such as: Analog, operative.&nbsp; To get the damage bonus to refresh, you may have to make a change in the damage field of the weapon, such as change 1d4 to 1d4+1 and then back.&nbsp; &nbsp; I tested it out on a few weapons and it seemed to work each time.&nbsp; It does have to be manually entered into each operative weapon it applies to, but that's no big deal.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Hope that helps.&nbsp;&nbsp; Oh wow, thanks for that. I had no idea! Cheers
Just to let you know - Ghost no longer gets +4 for stealth. It's been errata'd. +1 now. LotsOfLore said: Michael B. said: How would one set up trick attack for an operative.&nbsp; I Saw a post earlier in this thread but it only gave me errors Hi, I made a trick attack macro... It's crude but simple, basically I used the full attack template. What the box calls "1st attack" attack is actually the skill check, while "2nd attack" is the actual attack. To implement it you just have to substitute "Loki_23B" with your character's name and adjust for your equipment. This one is made for a melee, with stealth as the associated skill and I added a +4 to the skill check since that character has the "Ghost" specialization so it gets that bonus to the trick attack, you can take it out. If you want it for a small arm you don't need to change the attack part, as it would use DEX same as the melee operative, but you will have to change the damage part to take out the STR modifier.&nbsp; I would love to make it so that you choose which skill and which attack to go with but I don't know how yet, though I think it can be done as the choosing functionality is already in the sheet. I'll give it a try someday CODE: @{Loki_23B|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_attack}{{name=@{Loki_23B|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Loki_23B|character_id}}} {{title=Trick Attack Stealth - Knife}} {{leftbanner=^{level} [[[[1]]d1cs&gt;2cf&gt;2]]}} {{fullattack=[[1*(2)]]}} {{r1name=Stealth}} {{r1=[[1d20+4[GHOST]+@{Loki_23B|stealth_ranks}[RANKS]+[[({0,@{Loki_23B|stealth_ranks}}&gt;1)*@{Loki_23B|stealth_class_skill}]][CS]+@{Loki_23B|stealth_ability}[ABILITY]@{Loki_23B|stealth_misc}]]}} {{r2name=Attack}} {{r2=[[1d20+2[BAB]+@{Loki_23B|dexterity_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+[[1*(0)]][FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage2type=Slashing}} {{damage2=[[1d4+@{Loki_23B|strength_mod}[ABILITY]+1[SPEC]+1d8]]}} {{crit2damage=[[1d4+@{Loki_23B|strength_mod}[ABILITY]+1[SPEC]]]}} {{crit2effect=}} {{notes=Target is FLAT FOOTED if successful check CD 20+CR, Operative, Analog}}
Hola, me again, so more screwing around with macros and I found that trying to link the in character sheet "Saves" button under the menus to a token macro does not work either. So far the attack menu and the ability checks menu pull up just fine, but when I try and attach it to the token macro via %{selected|saves}, or to my macro bar down below by drag and drop, all I get in my chat window is a repeat of the macro line "%{selected|saves}". Just a heads up, since I'm kind of digging into your character sheet to build my setup how I like it. Thanks for the fast reply on my last message by the way, really appreciate that.
So I made a work around for the saves menu issue, under Attributes I made a new line and called it "saves_menu" and wrote in this line. /w @{character_name} &amp;{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{title=SAVES}} {{buttons0=[Fort](~selected|fort) | [Ref](~selected|ref) | [Will](~selected|will)}} Then made a macro under Abilites and named it "Saves", checked the "Show as Token Action" and wrote in "@{selected|saves_menu}". Now it works just like your Saves menu and is capable of being a Token Action.
This is my token action for saves for all my characters. Click the token. Click the Saves token action, Menu pops up in chat click the save and it rolls /w "@{selected|character_name}" &amp;{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{selected|character_id}}} {{title=SAVES}} {{buttons1=[Fort](~@{selected|character_name}|fort) | [Ref](~@{selected|character_name}|ref) | [Will](~@{selected|character_name}|will)}}
Here you go. These work for token macros. Attacks, Abilities, Skills work off the menus init: @{Selected|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Selected|character_id}}} {{title=Initiative}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{Selected|initiative_ability}[ABILITY]@{Selected|initiative_misc}+[[(@{Selected|initiative_ability}[ABILITY]@{Selected|initiative_misc})/100)]][TIE BREAKER]&amp;{tracker}]]}} NPC INIT: @{Selected|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Selected|character_id}}} {{title=Initiative}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{Selected|initiative_base}[BASE]+[[@{Selected|dexterity_mod}-@{Selected|dexterity_base}]][DEX Buffs]@{Selected|initiative_misc}+[[(@{Selected|initiative_base}+[[@{Selected|dexterity_mod}-@{Selected|dexterity_base}]]@{Selected|initiative_misc})/100)]][TIE BREAKER]&amp;{tracker}]]}} Saves: /w "@{Selected|character_name}" &amp;{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Selected|character_id}}} {{title=SAVES}} {{buttons1=[Fort](~@{Selected|character_name}|fort) | [Ref](~@{Selected|character_name}|ref) | [Will](~@{Selected|character_name}|will)}} Ability Checks: /w "@{Selected|character_name}" &amp;{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Selected|character_id}}} {{title=ABILITY CHECKS}} {{buttons1=[Strength](~@{Selected|character_name}|strength) | [Dexterity](~@{Selected|character_name}|dexterity) | [Constitution](~@{Selected|character_name}|constitution) | [Intelligence](~@{Selected|character_name}|intelligence) | [Wisdom](~@{Selected|character_name}|wisdom) | [Charisma](~@{Selected|character_name}|charisma)}} Perception: @{Selected|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Selected|character_id}}} {{title=Perception}}&nbsp; {{r1=[[1d20+@{Selected|perception_ranks}[RANKS]+[[({0,@{Selected|perception_ranks}}&gt;1)*@{Selected|perception_class_skill}]][CS]+@{Selected|perception_ability}[ABILITY]@{Selected|perception_misc}]]}} {{notes=@{Selected|perception_description}}}

Edited 1547696134
Wow thanks guys, really appreciate it. EDIT: So Deiko, the issue I mentioned above about the skill checks still applies to your Perception macro. If i plug that into a Token Action it still doesn't include any ranks into the roll.
ok, NPC sheets are different, You need to add BASE, Ability Mods and MISC values together. NPC Perception: @{Selected|whisper_state}&amp;{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Selected|character_id}}} {{title=Perception}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{Selected|perception_ranks}[RANKS]+[[({0,@{Selected|perception_ranks}}&gt;1)*@{Selected|perception_class_skill}]][CS]+@{Selected|perception_ability}[ABILITY]@{Selected|perception_misc}]]}} {{notes=@{Selected|perception_description}}}
Out of curiosity, is there any plan or road-map for adding stat block importing back in?

Edited 1547709891
@Deiko It's still failing to include the Ranks into the Perception check, it's outputting 1d20+0[RANKS]+0[CS]+0[ABILITY] even though I have 10 ranks in perception which shows in perception, perception_base and in the character sheet. I'm currently using Firefox so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but so far no matter how I rewrite the macro, i can't get the outputs to include anything from the skills table. Everything else like armor classes and abilities, ect, all calculate correctly, just nothing in skills like perception, stealth, athletics, ect. EDIT: So just tried doing it through Chrome to see if it was browser related and still the same issue, it's failing to calculate in skill ranks.
I dont know if this answers your question, but I'll post it here because I couldn't find it anywhere in the documentation, maybe it will help someone.&nbsp; To roll perception for an npc you need to roll&nbsp;%{selected|npc_perception} or use @{npc_perception} to get the value on the npc sheet. On another note, while I was looking at this I noticed an issue with the npc sheet. If you roll a save it will roll d20+save bonus+ability mod, however on npc stat blocks the ability mod is already included in the total save. This leads to a cr 1/2 aeon guard with +4 fort and +3 con getting a +7 save, instead of just 4.

Edited 1547781512
That did! Adding "npc_" before any skill check for an npc fixed the failure to add in the ranks to the calculation, thank you! EDIT: So the issue with the Skills menu on the character sheet itself is that it doesn't change the macro depending on if the character sheet is being used for an NPC or a Player, it just defaults to the name of the skill. I went in and changed the macro to include the "npc_" and now the "Skills" button in the character sheet works correctly as well as any Token Action. Thanks again Edgar!
Would it be possible to get some support for Society play? Obviously, full chronical sheet support would be a HUGE undertaking, and is a bit unreasonable to expect (though would love to see it some day), if only because Roll20 doesn't even have the basic framework to support such a thing easily. That said, having a place to list Fame and Infamy, 6 slots for Boons (Ally, Faction, Personal, Promotional, Social, Starship) +a repeating slot for slotless boons, and a repeating field for Faction Reputation would make book-keeping for Society games a heck of a lot easier.

Edited 1547964888
Ceetee said: Would it be possible to get some support for Society play? That said, having a place to list Fame and Infamy, 6 slots for Boons (Ally, Faction, Personal, Promotional, Social, Starship) +a repeating slot for slotless boons, and a repeating field for Faction Reputation would make book-keeping for Society games a heck of a lot easier. Ceetee,&nbsp; Obviously, I can't speak to changes to the sheet, but I had a couple of work around ideas. 1.&nbsp; Put the Fame, and Boons, etc. in the Bio &amp; Info tab area, next to the character portrait by editing them.&nbsp; They would not be visible from the character sheet front, but only a click away.&nbsp; The GM also has a section here for their special notes if they want to track your Fame or something else that would not be subject to player editing. 2.&nbsp; On the Attributes &amp; Abilities Tab, you can add an Attribute for Fame (and can even link it to a token if you wish).&nbsp; Again though it is not visible from the character sheet.&nbsp; However if it is an attribute, you can also write macros that call up that data, or with the right API, change it.&nbsp;&nbsp; 3.&nbsp; Add them as an Ability on the front sheet next to your feats and stuff.&nbsp; Not sure how functional that would be but it could work. #3.5&nbsp; &nbsp;Edit:&nbsp; On each Ability if you mouse over the name of the ability, there is a little box with directional arrows that pops up.&nbsp; Clicking on it expands the Description field so that it is view-able without expanding the Ability.&nbsp; You can change the size of this viewing box by dragging on the hashes on the bottom right corner.&nbsp;&nbsp; Hope that gives you some ideas in the meantime.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Ceetee said: Would it be possible to get some support for Society play? Obviously, full chronical sheet support would be a HUGE undertaking, and is a bit unreasonable to expect (though would love to see it some day), if only because Roll20 doesn't even have the basic framework to support such a thing easily. That said, having a place to list Fame and Infamy, 6 slots for Boons (Ally, Faction, Personal, Promotional, Social, Starship) +a repeating slot for slotless boons, and a repeating field for Faction Reputation would make book-keeping for Society games a heck of a lot easier. In the society groups that I play in on Roll20, we maintain that info in a google docs spreadsheet. Actually a series of sheets. for in game purposes, The various factions rep get listed as buffs. They can be toggled on or off as needed if it's going to adjust an action. The boons get listed under abilities, Source Boon. They can also be toggled on or off as they are slotted. As a GM for Society games, we also send each player a signed PDF of the CS for the event which the players can link to via google docs or dropbox. You actually put the link to the CS in the description of the ability.
Deiko said: Just to let you know - Ghost no longer gets +4 for stealth. It's been errata'd. +1 now. Right! Thank you for letting me know, I missed that one!&nbsp; To be honest it did seem a bit much, but I never went around investigating :D

Edited 1548138740
Worked out a formula to automate Range penalty application: -[[floor({0,(?{distance|0}-5)}kh1/@{range})*2]][range] Put that into the Attack entry in the field after your base attack bonus for PCs, for each ranged weapon you want to use it on.&nbsp;&nbsp; For NPCs, put it into the field after the numerical bonus for the attack. When&nbsp; you click on the attack, just enter in the distance between attacker and target (in feet).&nbsp; You do have to have the Range field of the attack filled out with a number, and only numerical (no units like ft) It then maths it out and applies the penalty in the attack.&nbsp; If you have a character that only gets a -1 per increment, just change the multiplier in the equation! I have tested it on Pcs and NPCs, with and without full attack, and it seems to work.&nbsp; I puzzled over how to apply it on starships, but there isn't the same kind of editable field for their attacks, so I couldn't get that solved.&nbsp;&nbsp; Not everybody likes to fill out a query when they attack, and you have to know the range ahead of time, so it is not for all players/groups, but it is fun to play with.&nbsp;&nbsp; Edit:&nbsp; had to refine formula to work at a range of 0.&nbsp; Corrected formula posted above.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Luke H. said: Worked out a formula to automate Range penalty application: Cool stuff! Thanks!
I just got a lot of new macros set up for my game. I know they aren't perfect, but hopefully they will help others: ?{Combat Maneuver| Bull Rush, **Bull Rush**: [[1d20+?{melee attack bonus&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;]] vs KAC+8&amp;#13;&amp;#13; **Success**: You knock the target back 5 feet&amp;#44; plus 5 additional feet for every 5 by which the result of your attack roll exceeds the target’s KAC + 8. If an obstacle is in the way&amp;#44; the target stops at the obstacle instead.| Dirty Trick, **Dirty Trick**: [[1d20+?{melee attack bonus&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;]] vs KAC+8&amp;#13;&amp;#13; **Success**: You make an unorthodox attack to briefly hinder the target. A dirty trick could be throwing sand in the target’s eyes&amp;#44; jamming a rock into his actuators&amp;#44; or any other improvised action designed to put your opponent at a disadvantage. Your target is blinded&amp;#44; deafened&amp;#44; entangled&amp;#44; off-target&amp;#44; shaken&amp;#44; or sickened (your choice) for 1 round&amp;#44; plus 1 additional round for every 5 by which the result of your attack roll exceeds the target’s KAC + 8 **(conditions CRB. 273)**| Disarm, **Disarm**: [[1d20+?{melee attack bonus&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;]] vs KAC+8&amp;#13;&amp;#13; **Success**: You knock an item the target is holding out of the target’s hands and onto the ground. If you have a hand free&amp;#44; you can automatically grab the item with your hand before it falls.| Grapple, **Grapple**: [[1d20+?{meleee attack bonus&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;]] vs KAC+8&amp;#13;&amp;#13; **Success**: You hold the target in place. You must have at least one hand free to perform a grapple combat maneuver. Your target has the grappled condition&amp;#44; meaning she can’t move from her current space and takes further penalties until she either uses a standard action to attempt a grapple combat maneuver to grapple you (giving you the grappled condition) or uses the escape task of the Acrobatics skill to break free. If the result of your attack roll equals or exceeds the target’s KAC + 13&amp;#44; the target is instead pinned for the same duration&amp;#44; and she can’t take any actions that involve moving her limbs other than to attempt to escape. The grappled or pinned condition lasts until the end of your next turn&amp;#44; unless you renew it on your next turn with another grapple combat maneuver. The condition ends immediately if you move away. As long as you have one target grappled or pinned&amp;#44; you cannot attempt to grapple another. **(CRB. 276)**| Repostion, **Reposition**: [[1d20+?{melee attack bonus&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;]] vs KAC+8&amp;#13;&amp;#13; **Success**: You change the target’s position to a different location still within your reach and within 5 feet of its original placement. You can move the target 5 additional feet for every 5 by which the result of your attack roll exceeds the target’s KAC + 8&amp;#44; but all movement must remain within your reach. You cannot move the target past an obstacle. If you reposition a creature as a full action&amp;#44; you can move a distance equal to the distance you repositioned your target (up to your move speed)&amp;#44; dragging the target along with you.| Sunder, **Sunder**: [[1d20+?{melee attack bonus&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;]] vs KAC+8&amp;#13;&amp;#13; **Success**: You deal damage to one object held in the target’s hand or accessible on its body. The object must be something that could be drawn easily by the target as a move action. **(CRB. 247)** The damage is reduced by an amount equal to the object’s hardness **(CRB 409)**| Trip, **Trip**: [[1d20+?{melee attack bonus&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;]] vs KAC+8&amp;#13;&amp;#13; **Success**: You knock the target prone if it is on the ground. A target in the air instead descends 10 feet&amp;#44; falling prone if this causes it to fall to the ground. A target in zero gravity is instead knocked offkilter. **(CRB. 276)**} ?{Misc Standard Actions| Covering Fire, **Covering Fire**: [[1d20+?{ranged attack bonus&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;]] vs AC 15&amp;#13;&amp;#13; **Success**: If you hit&amp;#44; you deal no damage but the selected ally gains a +2 circumstance bonus to AC against the next attack from a creature in your line of effect&amp;#44; so long as that attack occurs before your next turn. **(CRB 271)**| Feint, **Feint**: Bluff Check vs 10 + Opponent's Sense motive or 15 + 1.5 * CR&amp;#44; whichever is greater&amp;#13;&amp;#13; **Success**: When you successfully feint&amp;#44; you treat your opponent as flat-footed for your next attack against him before the end of your next turn.| Fight Defensively, **Fight Defensively**: -4 to all attacks&amp;#44; +2 to AC until your next turn| Harrying Fire, **Harrying Fire**: [[1d20+?{attack bonus&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;]] vs AC 15&amp;#13;&amp;#13; **Success**: You deal no damage&amp;#44; but the next ally to attack that foe gains a +2 circumstance bonus to her next attack roll&amp;#44; as long as that attack occurs before your next turn.| Total Defense, **Total Defense**: Starting at the beginning of this action&amp;#44; you get a +4 bonus to your Armor Class until the start of your next turn. You can’t combine total defense with other actions that increase your AC&amp;#44; nor can you make attacks of opportunity while benefiting from total defense.} ?{Move Actions| Crawl, **Crawl**: You can crawl 5 feet as a move action. A crawling character is considered prone.| Direct or Redirect an Effect, **Direct or Redirect an Effect**: Some technology and spells allow you to redirect an effect to new targets or areas. Redirecting requires a move action unless the technology or spell states otherwise.| Draw or Sheathe a Weapon, **Draw or Sheathe a Weapon**: Drawing a weapon so that you can use it in combat or putting it away so that you have a free hand requires a move action. This action includes activating or deactivating the weapon. This also applies to weapon-like objects that are easily accessible, such as remote controls and most tools or sensors you can carry and use with one hand. If your weapon or weapon-like object is stored in a pack or otherwise out of easy reach, you must instead retrieve it as a stored item before you can use it. **Exception**: If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you can combine drawing or sheathing a weapon or weapon-like object with moving up to your speed as a single move action.| Guarded Step, **Guarded Step**: You can carefully step 5 feet as a move action. This movement doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity| Manipulate an Item, **Manipulate an Item**: Moving or manipulating an item is usually a move action. This includes retrieving or putting away a stored item, picking up an item, moving a heavy object, and opening a door.| Move Your Speed, **Move Your Speed**: The simplest move action is moving up to your speed (see Speed on page 255 for more information). Many nonstandard modes of movement are also covered under this action, including burrowing (using your natural burrow speed, if you have one), climbing and swimming (using either the Athletics skill or your natural climb or swim speed, if you have one), or flying (using the Acrobatics skill if you have either access to flight or a natural fly speed). See Additional Movement Types on page 258 for more details.| Reload, **Reload**: Unless stated otherwise, reloading is a move action that includes grabbing ammunition you have readily available. Some weapons require different actions to reload; see the weapon’s description.| Stand Up, **Stand Up**: This special form of move action allows you to stand up from aprone position.} ?{Full Actions| Charge, ?{With Attack&amp;#124; Yes&amp;#44;I charge forward and strike wildly! Swinging my weapon with a [[1d20+?{attack bonus&amp;amp;#124;0&amp;amp;#125;-2]] vs AC and -2AC until next turn &amp;#124; No&amp;#44; Chaarge &amp;#125; | Coup De Grace,**Coup De Grace**: (Against a helpless enemy) You automatically hit and crit. Target must succeed a DC 10 + your level Fortitude saving throw or die | Fight Defensively,**Fight Defensively**: You carefully attack with a [[1d20+?{attack bonus 1&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;-8]] and [[1d20+?{attack bonus 2&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;-8]] -4 to all attacks (in addition to -4 from full attack)&amp;#44; +2 to AC until your next turn | Full Attack,**Full Attack**: You unleash a full volley with a [[1d20+?{attack bonus 1&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;-4]] and a [[1d20+?{attack bonus 2&amp;#124;0&amp;#125;-4]] You can spend a full action to make two attacks&amp;#44; each with a –4 penalty to the attack rolls. These attacks can be made with the same weapon or different weapons&amp;#44; though certain weapons have a firing speed so slow that you can’t shoot them more than once in a round&amp;#44; even with a full attack. These weapons have the unwieldy special property **(CRB 182).| Run,**Run**: You can run as a full action. When you run&amp;#44; you can move up to four times your speed in a straight line. You gain the flat-footed condition&amp;#44; and you can’t run if you must cross difficult terrain or can’t see where you’re going. Running provokes attacks of opportunity (see below). You can run for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score.| Withdraw, **Withdraw**: Withdrawing from melee combat is a full action. When you withdraw&amp;#44; you can move up to double your speed. The square you start out in is not considered threatened by any opponent you can see&amp;#44; and therefore visible enemies don’t get to make attacks of opportunity against you when you move from that square. Unseen enemies still get attacks of opportunity against you&amp;#44; and you can’t withdraw from combat if you’re blinded and have no other precise senses (such as blindsight). If&amp;#44; during the process of withdrawing&amp;#44; you move out of a threatened square other than the one you in which started&amp;#44; enemies can make attacks of opportunity as normal. See Attack of Opportunity below for more information. }
I have an issue with Heavy Weapons tracking proficiency and specialization in attacks, namely it doesn't calculate it at all, and defaults to proficient and doesn't calculate specialization even when changed manually. Happens on multiple sheets. Console indicates that when it tries to look up proficiency, it comes up as an "undefined" value. Screenshots and console log below: Not on Heavy Weapons (Calculating correctly): On Heavy Weapons (Calculating incorrectly): Console Log:&nbsp;<a href="https://pastebin.com/UtBL4Mab" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/UtBL4Mab</a>
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the report Metal, I'll get this looked into right away.