Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New to Roll20 or RPGs? Need Guidance? Click Here. (Read the OP First)

Edited 1461812485
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Wrich P. said: Any guidance as to how I might add characters to the vault would be welcome. Wrich It is listed as  my Vault in the Wiki Importing Characters You can import a character to your Vault from any Game you are a player or GM in. However, if you are a player in the game you must have permission to edit the Character to be able to import it to your Vault. Importing Characters is easy -- just click the "Import Character" button on the main Vault page. Exporting Characters When you are ready to use a Character from your Vault in a new game, click the "Export to Game" link next to the Character on the main Vault page. Note that you can only export Characters to Games where: 1. You are the GM of the Game, or 2. You are a player of the Game and the GM has expressly turned on the "Allow Players to Import Characters" setting on the Game Settings page for that Game.

Edited 1462207844
I have a lot of RPG experience but havent played in a long time. A couple questions, Is it necessary to own rule/player handbooks to play a game on d20, is there an introduction video/thread specific to playing games on d20 (im hesitant to just jump into a game and end up noobing everything up), and is there any way of seeing an estimated length of a game before committing to joining (I may want to join an two hour campaign and I dont want to play for days)? 
If anyone ever needs help and is new to anything D&D related, I can help on that front. I also have a best buddy who has been playing D&D Table-top since mid-90's. We love the fact that more and more people are joining in and we always welcome new people into our midst. Although I am a bit rusty on Original D&D to D&D 3, I played a majority in 3.5, 4, pathfinder, and now 5E. But anyone wanting to learn about D&D can send me a message and I will get back to you within 24 hours (as real life takes a toll).
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Jeremy B said: I have a lot of RPG experience but havent played in a long time. A couple questions, Is it necessary to own rule/player handbooks to play a game on d20, is there an introduction video/thread specific to playing games on d20 (im hesitant to just jump into a game and end up noobing everything up), and is there any way of seeing an estimated length of a game before committing to joining (I may want to join an two hour campaign and I dont want to play for days)?  No, you do not need to own the handbooks as there are various SRD sites for some of the more popular games. Estimated game length is something you have to just ask the GM about. Some GM's run games for a few hours once (one shots) and there are GM's that run games for long term (they sometimes refer to those as campaigns). About the introduction videos, Our dev Avacyn said it best in the first post of the thread which I copied here for you. Avacyn said in the  first post Welcome to Roll20 :) To get kicked off right, I'd suggest watching our introductory video series, Introduction to Tabletop RPGs , which covers the general idea of how they are played, which game to choose and then find a group of fellow gamers. Secondly, for the Virtual TableTop itself we have a Tutorial that shows you how to use the various parts of the software. Additionally, starting your own test game to play with the controls is an excellent way of getting used to the software, and you really can't break anything I promise! Thirdly, check out the Looking For Group Tool and Looking for Group Forum daily for games that may be of interest to you. Fourth, be sure to completely fill out your User Profile . Your Bio is where you have a chance to catch a GM's eye with a well-written statement about yourself Enjoys Playing is important for two reasons: Every entry you put here is a data-point for The Orr Group Industry Report of games being played, and it lets other people looking at your profile know a bit more about you Actively Seeks Group For is where you can add yourself to the Player Directory for systems you want to play We have a wiki that grows weekly and is very much worth exploring. Feel free to ask any questions you have about Roll20 by posting in the various sub-forums on their particular topics (Don't stress about putting topics in the right sub-forums, we mods really don't mind moving topics when needed!) Happy gaming
Hi so I'm new to and 5e, played runequest about 20 years but nothing since, so had a few questions am hoping ud be able to answer how easy is it for a complete newbie like myself to go through and to the character sheet for the first time? Does the handbook explain it well enough or is it best to have someone experienced on hand to go through pros / cons what to put were etc? if it is best to have someone go through it is it best to do before joining My groups or would most groups go through it with you? Or are there people here I can get in touch with for a hand? to just play I'm guessing I only need the players handbook nothing else? That will have in all spells / abilities etc? Anything else which would be useful? I'm currently reading through the handbook at the minute so you all know but only just started any help / answers are appreciated andy

Edited 1462628522
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
andy d. said: Hi so I'm new to and 5e, played runequest about 20 years but nothing since, so had a few questions am hoping ud be able to answer Hello and welcome to roll20. I will do my best to answer your questions. andy d. said: how easy is it for a complete newbie like myself to go through and to the character sheet for the first time? Does the handbook explain it well enough or is it best to have someone experienced on hand to go through pros / cons what to put were etc? Well roll20 is a system agnostic site which means it favors no system over another so your 5e handbook has nothing to do with this site. I would recommend running through our  Tutorial which will show you the basics of how roll20 mechanics work in the game. It helps to have someone experienced with your chosen system to help you and answer questions. andy d. said: if it is best to have someone go through it is it best to do before joining My groups or would most groups go through it with you? Or are there people here I can get in touch with for a hand? to just play I'm guessing I only need the players handbook nothing else? That will have in all spells / abilities etc? Anything else which would be useful? I'm currently reading through the handbook at the minute so you all know but only just started any help / answers are appreciated andy You can join a group or make your own game if you wish to. There are many games in the  LFG forums and in the  LFG listings (I put a 5e filter on the search) that welcome new players.There are groups that do not require players to have the actual book in hand as the GM is usually willing to help the player create the character plus we have the 5e  compendium (it only contains open gaming licence material) Hope this helps and I highly recommend watching the introduction videos, Our dev Avacyn said it best in the first post of the thread which I copied here for you. Avacyn said in the first post Welcome to Roll20 :) To get kicked off right, I'd suggest watching our introductory video series, Introduction to Tabletop RPGs , which covers the general idea of how they are played, which game to choose and then find a group of fellow gamers. Secondly, for the Virtual TableTop itself we have a Tutorial that shows you how to use the various parts of the software. Additionally, starting your own test game to play with the controls is an excellent way of getting used to the software, and you really can't break anything I promise! Thirdly, check out the Looking For Group Tool and Looking for Group Forum daily for games that may be of interest to you. Fourth, be sure to completely fill out your User Profile . Your Bio is where you have a chance to catch a GM's eye with a well-written statement about yourself Enjoys Playing is important for two reasons: Every entry you put here is a data-point for The Orr Group Industry Report of games being played, and it lets other people looking at your profile know a bit more about you Actively Seeks Group For is where you can add yourself to the Player Directory for systems you want to play We have a wiki that grows weekly and is very much worth exploring. Feel free to ask any questions you have about Roll20 by posting in the various sub-forums on their particular topics (Don't stress about putting topics in the right sub-forums, we mods really don't mind moving topics when needed!) Happy gaming Good luck
Hello, I'm realativily new to playing on roll20. As I was doing a charater sheet for my new campaign I'm dming, I've run into a problem with an ability. My problem is that [[5 + 2*@{selected|cleric_level}]] always gives me the error No attribute was found for @{selected|cleric_level}. In my character sheet I am a multi-classing Rogue 3/ Cleric 4. Is there a difference if the cleric is under the multi-class option or did I miss type something? Thanks for any help you can give.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hey, Collin C. Which of the three Character Sheets for D&D 5E are you using? OGL by Roll20 <a href="https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/ogl5e.png" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/ogl5e.png</a> Community Contributed <a href="https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/dnd5e.png" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/dnd5e.png</a> Shapedv2 <a href="https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/dnd5eshaped2.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/dnd5eshaped2.jpg</a>
Hello, Silvyre, I'm using the OGL by Roll20.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Okay! So, the D&D 5e Community Character Sheet uses "A series of attributes for each class of the format : classname_level". However, the 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Character Sheet does not. Instead, the OGL by Roll20 uses Attributes named "multiclass1_lvl" for the "2nd Class" (under the&nbsp; Multiclass Options section of the Settings Page ), up to @{multiclass3_lvl} for the "4th Class". I hope this helps!
Yes, that worked. Thanks, Silvrye.
Hi, I'm somewhat new to Roll20, i've put quite alot of time in this program and wanted to say thanks for it. uh i seem to have a problem with the Turn Order tool where it constantly makes duplicates of the pc's turns. Usually I can overcome it if i remember which rolls were recent and just delete the old turn order. Just wondering if this is a glitch and if there will be a fix for it.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Steve "Roasty" said: Hi, I'm somewhat new to Roll20, i've put quite alot of time in this program and wanted to say thanks for it. uh i seem to have a problem with the Turn Order tool where it constantly makes duplicates of the pc's turns. Usually I can overcome it if i remember which rolls were recent and just delete the old turn order. Just wondering if this is a glitch and if there will be a fix for it. Steve I would recommend reposting this to the bug reports & technical issue forums. This thread is more for getting people up to speed with the use of roll20 and an introduction thread.
New-ish player here. I have seen people comment about this and I have also noticed that it seems like people do not actually want new players in their games as much. I applied to multiple games and didn't get so much as a 'no' back. I'm sure that they get busy with other stuff, it's just a little disheartening when you can't get into a game. Thankfully I found one through Reddit and started playing. :) Perry
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Perry , I've observed that quite a few GMs prefer newer players. I'm glad you found a game!
Heya guys! &nbsp;New player here, as in I've never played any table top RPG ever! lol The thing is I've been a HUGE fan of the Legends of Drizzt for a very long time, like before I even knew that it was related to DnD at all, and even when I found out that it was that still meant nothing to me cause I had no idea what it really was. &nbsp;So naturally, due to my natural extrovert attitude I got several of my friends hooked on the series as well, when finally not too long ago one of them said "I actually kind of want to try this DnD thing now." &nbsp;I had never actually ever gave it a thought, but now that I'm thinking about it I find that I'm very curious about it as well! My problem is that I'm in my final year of college and most of my friends are now living in different states, if not a different country... if not a different continent.... so these friends who want to give it a shot are out of my reach to join them. &nbsp;After looking around I got word of this site, and it looks really cool but I'm still kind of confused as to how this all works. I'm actually going to a table top bar tonight to just see how DnD, 5th edition I think, actually works if not also take part in it. &nbsp;But I can't really find like a list of required downloads, programs, and what-not necessary to play with others on this site, so any advice would be incredibly appreciated. &nbsp;I've watched a couple episodes of that Critical Role show so I kind of have an idea how DnD works so I don't really need the BASIC tutorial stuff, more so the technological stuff I'm clueless about lol PM me if that would make it easier instead of posting on this general introduction thread, sorry if this was a bit too much but like I've said, I'm very new to this :P
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ben K. said: Heya guys! &nbsp;New player here, as in I've never played any table top RPG ever! lol PM me if that would make it easier instead of posting on this general introduction thread, sorry if this was a bit too much but like I've said, I'm very new to this :P Dropped you a pm like you asked.
Pat S. said: Dropped you a pm like you asked. Thanks man, I got it! :D
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is no problem. This is part of what us mods do. We answer questions and do our best to help people on the site. I would have just posted here but you seemed to be more comfortable with a pm so that is what I did. Good luck and if you have a specific question, just post it in it's own thread in the&nbsp; specific use forum and you will get an answer as soon as someone sees and knows the answer.
Could anyone explain how the pathfinder character sheets work to me?&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Holly said: Could anyone explain how the pathfinder character sheets work to me?&nbsp; Hi Holly, feel free to ask specific questions if you get stuck, but here's the&nbsp; Pathfinder Character Sheet Guide on the Roll20 help wiki. &nbsp;It's a little outdated because we tend to update/improve the sheet often. &nbsp;Also, we have a specific forum thread for the Pathfinder Sheet that is the best place to ask sheet-specific questions and/or leave feedback or commentary. &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2788628/pf-pathfinder-sheet-thread-5" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2788628/pf-pathfinder-sheet-thread-5</a> You may PM me with any questions as well. Cheers
Can you make custom sheets in Roll20? Or, even better, is there any way where you can help develop new sheets?

Edited 1463485070
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Guilherme M. said: Can you make custom sheets in Roll20? Or, even better, is there any way where you can help develop new sheets? BOTH! :) Roll20 has a long long list of community contributed sheets which have been made by kind souls who wish to provide Roll20 with a consistent way to record information for the many systems out there. The code for these for anyone wanting to add to, customise or otherwise update them can be found in the&nbsp; Roll20 repo on GitHub. To make, or even test custom sheets in the VTT itself, you require an account with a&nbsp; pro membership , or at least access to a game created by someone with a pro membership. This isn't to say however that you couldn't write some code elsewhere and collaborate with a pro user to have them test it for you. The&nbsp; Character Sheet forum is a great place to start getting involved or just ask for help with things. There is also a&nbsp; stickied post where sheets for systems not yet covered are requested, if you are keen to get started on making a new sheet that would be a great place to look for the gaps in the current sheet list.

Edited 1464017866
Am I fucked if my computer is old, and lame, and I don't have video or voice comms? first played at school, would suck to be gated now.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The&nbsp; Optimizing Roll20 Performance page on the Roll20 Wiki has some great tips for users with older computers or slower network connections.
so i am new to dnd and cant buy the handbook would anybody please tell me how to play and alot of information?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
SPN said: so i am new to dnd and cant buy the handbook would anybody please tell me how to play and alot of information? Welcome to Roll20 SPN. &nbsp; The D&D5e SRD(limited version of the rules) is free. &nbsp;Roll20 has the&nbsp; 5e Compendium for easy rules access from the site. You can also use an external site like&nbsp; <a href="http://www.5esrd.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.5esrd.com/</a> For learning to play on Roll20; I would suggest being familiar with the&nbsp; basics of roll20 first and then use the&nbsp; Looking for Group section (make sure to choose "Only find games that welcome new players" ) when searching. You also might want to watch some 5e specific videos( <a href="https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+play+5e" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+play+5e</a> ) or use other forums like&nbsp; <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/dnd" rel="nofollow">https://www.reddit.com/r/dnd</a> to post game-specific questions. Good luck.

Edited 1465411102
Hello, I've never actually played a table-top before and was hoping to start out here, probably with D&D or something similar. Do you have any advice for a complete noob like me? (where to go, how to find the right group, etc.)? Thanks.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Welcome to Roll20 :), Duncan. To get kicked off right, I'd suggest watching our introductory video series, Introduction to Tabletop RPGs , which covers the general idea of how they are played, which game to choose and then find a group of fellow gamers. Secondly, for the Virtual TableTop itself we have a Tutorial that shows you how to use the various parts of the software. Additionally, starting your own test game to play with the controls is an excellent way of getting used to the software, and you really can't break anything I promise! Thirdly, check out the Looking For Group Tool and Looking for Group Forum daily for games that may be of interest to you. Fourth, be sure to completely fill out your User Profile . Your Bio is where you have a chance to catch a GM's eye with a well-written statement about yourself Enjoys Playing is important for two reasons: Every entry you put here is a data-point for The Orr Group Industry Report of games being played, and it lets other people looking at your profile know a bit more about you Actively Seeks Group For is where you can add yourself to the Player Directory for systems you want to play We have a wiki that grows weekly and is very much worth exploring. Feel free to ask any questions you have about Roll20 by posting in the various sub-forums on their particular topics (Don't stress about putting topics in the right sub-forums, we mods really don't mind moving topics when needed!) Happy gaming!
Thank you! :)
I never had the opportunity to play a lot of table top games growing up. &nbsp;At least not the really fun ones like D&D..unless you count endless summers forced to play Monopoly with family members as fun..and they all argued over who was going to be the race car..and who owed who money..sort of like a glimpse into future adulthood..where we all want the race car and argue over who owes who money. I am slowly getting the hang of games like Magic the Gathering (another game I missed out on completely) and have at least started to read the character and monster books for D&D (5E I believe). &nbsp;I am looking to join some games that welcome new/inexperienced players. &nbsp;Games that are just as much about learning the ropes as they are about having fun and poking an orc in the eye with a pointy stick! I have filled out most of my profile (at least the games I am interested in) and hope that I can find a game that works with my crazy work hours!
Vaun said: If anyone ever needs help and is new to anything D&D related, I can help on that front. I also have a best buddy who has been playing D&D Table-top since mid-90's. We love the fact that more and more people are joining in and we always welcome new people into our midst. Although I am a bit rusty on Original D&D to D&D 3, I played a majority in 3.5, 4, pathfinder, and now 5E. But anyone wanting to learn about D&D can send me a message and I will get back to you within 24 hours (as real life takes a toll). Feel free to message me if you ever need players!

Edited 1466029697
Greetings all! My name's Aaron. I am new here. I heard about this at con I attended last weekend and thought I would check it out as some stuff I like doing is a bit old for a lot of the regulars at my local game and hobby shop. I've mostly played Star Wars Saga, Edge of Empire, BESM 3E, I ran a Tenchi game at my con, 3.5 DnD, and Iron Kingdoms. I am open for most things. I am looking for people who like to play or run similar things. I don't have my own internet sadly and instead rely on wifi spots for the time being. I hope to make a lot of friends here and hopefully have some good games at some point. I'd probably be free mostly late nights or weekends for gaming, unless I'm on holiday or the likes. :) If you are interested in any of these systems please PM me.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Aaron P, I would recommend you posting all of that to the&nbsp; LFG forums and include your day, time you can play, and your timezone as this is a thread for people to learn how to use roll20 and such. Avacyn said Welcome to Roll20 :) To get kicked off right, I'd suggest watching our introductory video series, Introduction to Tabletop RPGs , which covers the general idea of how they are played, which game to choose and then find a group of fellow gamers. Secondly, for the Virtual TableTop itself we have a Tutorial that shows you how to use the various parts of the software. Additionally, starting your own test game to play with the controls is an excellent way of getting used to the software, and you really can't break anything I promise! Thirdly, check out the Looking For Group Tool and Looking for Group Forum daily for games that may be of interest to you. Fourth, be sure to completely fill out your User Profile . Your Bio is where you have a chance to catch a GM's eye with a well-written statement about yourself Enjoys Playing is important for two reasons: Every entry you put here is a data-point for The Orr Group Industry Report of games being played, and it lets other people looking at your profile know a bit more about you Actively Seeks Group For is where you can add yourself to the Player Directory for systems you want to play We have a wiki that grows weekly and is very much worth exploring. Feel free to ask any questions you have about Roll20 by posting in the various sub-forums on their particular topics (Don't stress about putting topics in the right sub-forums, we mods really don't mind moving topics when needed!) Happy gaming!
Thanks Pat S. I am currently unsure of when I would be able to reliably begin. I've got to get my folks to finish my house, at least get electricity and internet running in it before I'd be able to do so. Also I have question about systems, Is there any chance we could get some older things such as Guardians of Order- like BESM 2.5/Tenchi, Slayers D20 and the likes onto the list of character sheets and such? I noticed we have maids on the list, so I don't think it should too obscure.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
As the character sheets are community driven and supported, you will have to put in a&nbsp; request in this thread in the sheet forum and hope someone will pick up your request. This is if you are not willing, not able, and can not afford a pro subscription to allow you to build it yourself.
Okay, thanks. I am currently unemployed, so that would be a no on pro subscription for the time being. :(
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You can still play your games without the premade sheets. The default blank&nbsp; journals have two tabs, the bios and the attributes & abilities tab. The bios tab can be used like an actual paper sheet (you just type all your information in) and the attributes & abilities tab is where you can input all your mechanics and write macros. This is how we did things before the character sheet was implemented.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Pat S. said: This is how we did things before the character sheet was implemented. This is how some of us still do it ;)
I want to see about possibly running something on here, but I am currently unsure of what I want to do or when I'd be able to start. Should I just put up an interest get thread somewhere on the forum. Would it be LFG or somewhere else?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is usually recommended that you create a game that is somewhat generic and post it's LFG (you would use the looking for players button on the game page to create that) link so that you can have your discussion there and it not be lost in the constant game posting of the LFG Forums.
Okay. Thank you. I'll try to do that sometime today should be in a WiFi spot most of if not all day. :)
There should be a thread for people to ask about different systems games. I would like to see if anyone has heard of the WEG Xena and Hercules game, but am not neccessarily looking for a group atm.&nbsp;

Edited 1466458352
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Aaron P. said: There should be a thread for people to ask about different systems games. I would like to see if anyone has heard of the WEG Xena and Hercules game, but am not neccessarily looking for a group atm.&nbsp; The Devs looked into this closely and even had a forum that was for off-topic discussions like what you suggested but due to massive flame fests it was decided to write and add the following rule while closing that forum down: From the&nbsp; Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext /r/ADND
Hello. I'm completely new to Roll20 and tabletop rpgs. I just signed up today and have gone through the tutorial. Still, I am new to tabletop rpgs themselves, and am not sure about many things. Would it be recommended to read through the handbooks of a bunch of stuff first? Or would I get help learning it all in game? I don't want to be a bother really.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Jonathon, having gone through the tutorial you are already putting the time in that a DM would appreciate. Great start. Your next best step would be to follow the advice of the OP: Avacyn said Welcome to Roll20 :) To get kicked off right, I'd suggest watching our introductory video series, Introduction to Tabletop RPGs , which covers the general idea of how they are played, which game to choose and then find a group of fellow gamers. Secondly, for the Virtual TableTop itself we have a Tutorial that shows you how to use the various parts of the software. Additionally, starting your own test game to play with the controls is an excellent way of getting used to the software, and you really can't break anything I promise! Thirdly, check out the Looking For Group Tool and Looking for Group Forum daily for games that may be of interest to you. Fourth, be sure to completely fill out your User Profile . Your Bio is where you have a chance to catch a GM's eye with a well-written statement about yourself Enjoys Playing is important for two reasons: Every entry you put here is a data-point for The Orr Group Industry Report of games being played, and it lets other people looking at your profile know a bit more about you Actively Seeks Group For is where you can add yourself to the Player Directory for systems you want to play We have a wiki that grows weekly and is very much worth exploring. Feel free to ask any questions you have about Roll20 by posting in the various sub-forums on their particular topics (Don't stress about putting topics in the right sub-forums, we mods really don't mind moving topics when needed!) Happy gaming! Once that is done I would recommend scouring the LFG forum for one-shots, these are quick single session games that act as a great introduction to play. Don't limit yourself to a particular system or try and learn all of the rules before hand, it's just not possible given the scope of games available today. Having an idea of your preferred genre however is a good idea (high magic fantasy, sci-fi, post-apocalyptic etc?) as that will help narrow down the field to your particular interest area which always makes for a more fun gaming experience. Then get applying :) Most GM's, DM's, LM's or Keepers (system/location dependent ;) ) are super friendly folk who are happy to help get new players started. The least they would expect is that once set on the road you will further your own learning as well but if in doubt people always appreciate being asked rather than consistently getting things wrong for fear of looking like a noob... we were all noobs once, i'm pretty certain I still am one but I digress. Ultimately, have fun with it. Set up your own game to play around in, its a great way to learn how to use the VTT to its full potential, especially once you have a game, you can set up a game using the same sheet and use it as a testing area for macros and other such labour saving devices. Final word, the forums are your best friend and fortunately those who frequent them are by far and away the best community of people I've ever found on t'web.
Been on here for a number of years and I was trying to renew my Pro subscription and on my account page I see the bill for it but no way to input my gift card numbers. I saw a post that some cancel their subscription, then go back and renew right away, that gives you the place to enter payment information I think if done that way? Or just wait until the end of the month, subscription runs out then it will have a place to put payment information for my gift card? Thanks for any help here gang Tom
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Tom, for all billing enquiries we suggest that you contact the team direct via <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and they will be more than happy to talk you through the options open to you :)
Thank you sir Tom
So I am about 26 years from when I last played D&D. I am now about to turn 40, have two kiddos, and work a ton. That said, I have always wondered if there was a way to play once and a while as the old school gold D&D character sheets still haunt my dreams. I miss them. I miss erasing my armor class and replacing it with a lower number time and time again as we pillaged villages or plundered dungeons, slowly, burning a hole in the orange paper from the constant friction of the eraser head. Maybe this is my mid-life crisis! I suppose it is better than a jet ski or a muscle car... I realize that much of this is online now. I just don't know where to start.&nbsp;Am I way too far removed to get involved? What would be the best steps?&nbsp; As I looked over the site I noticed some games accept new players. I have a feeling that I am beyond help in my "newness." Help?