Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A New Light - Bug Thread - Updated Dynamic Lighting and Fog of War

Brian C. said: Xeno said: Kenton said: CB said: Has there been anything from Roll20 about deadlines they've set for getting the 'wall hacks' problem fixed?  I am paying for the pro subscription really for that, so it's not worth the money if it can't be fixed in a timely manner  :/ We have a solution that's currently in testing on the Dev Server (as announced in the Pro Forum) . It was put there because it caused some changes to the Restrict Movement feature. If you've got a Pro subscription, then you can test that on the Dev Server . Please dont mess with more features that actually works. You are making it very hard to make any sort of workaround on the light system, while you mess about. I love Roll20 and all its features. Come on, you can fix this! :)  Agreed. A change to how the collision detection is going to cause those of use with published adventures to have to go through every product to see if we have to change dynamic lighting walls. Small entrances and walls that do not line up with the grid are going to be especially problematic. Please maintain feature parity with the legacy version. Already with the new version, light sources cast light further than the legacy version. That changes how maps look, and sometimes the amount of light cast is important. We were told that legacy dynamic lighting would be phased out when updated dynamic lighting could do everything of the legacy version (plus bringing back AFoW from light sources the player did not control from the original version of dynamic lighting). Please actually keep the features working the same way. Please don't try to make things "better" before delivering what the old system could do. The light and collision detection should be calculated from the center of the token. The dynamic lighting point where it blocks vision should be down the middle of the line, regardless of the line thickness. Agreed. Modding the legacy system because the new system is so broken that it can't be fixed on its own is not a solution! That would mess lighting up for many users over many maps.
I tried it in the Dev server and it works wonderfully. Any date for release in prod? Kenton said: CB said: Has there been anything from Roll20 about deadlines they've set for getting the 'wall hacks' problem fixed?  I am paying for the pro subscription really for that, so it's not worth the money if it can't be fixed in a timely manner  :/ We have a solution that's currently in testing on the Dev Server (as announced in the Pro Forum) . It was put there because it caused some changes to the Restrict Movement feature. If you've got a Pro subscription, then you can test that on the Dev Server .
Do It !
Come on! If its working on the DEV server, please release to everyone who's paying what must be £1,000's in subscription fees. Dynamic lighting is pretty much pointless if a player can just accidentally nudge a wall and see through it.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
The current implementation on the dev server is getting widely panned, and rightfully so. While it fixes seeing through walls, it opens a host of new issues. I would be very concerned if that implementation took another step toward being the final version by being moved to the production server.
Brian C. said: The current implementation on the dev server is getting widely panned, and rightfully so. While it fixes seeing through walls, it opens a host of new issues. I would be very concerned if that implementation took another step toward being the final version by being moved to the production server. Exactly. The dev server implementation would be a disaster IMO. And the fact that Roll20 rolled it out instead of just fixing the so-called better UDL to work correctly is doubly concerning. If you need to introduce a hack fix that hoses the legacy dynamic lighting system that you claim your new system is better than, just to get to parity with that same system ... why exactly does your new lighting system exist?
godthedj said: Come on! If its working on the DEV server... It's really, really not.

Edited 1593092037
I just bought pro to get working dynamic lighting, but what i got is not what i paid for. Please fix it. Edit: Biggest issue is that there is no update on drop option for new lighting system and funky working walls
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Then use Legacy. UDL is still under development. It is labeled as such.
The legacy works fine.  There are issues with the legacy, but not nearly as many as exist under UDL.  
Thank you for the response! Kenton said: CB said: Has there been anything from Roll20 about deadlines they've set for getting the 'wall hacks' problem fixed?  I am paying for the pro subscription really for that, so it's not worth the money if it can't be fixed in a timely manner  :/ We have a solution that's currently in testing on the Dev Server (as announced in the Pro Forum) . It was put there because it caused some changes to the Restrict Movement feature. If you've got a Pro subscription, then you can test that on the Dev Server .
all my mobile players cannot see at all, they can only see their tokens even with daylight mode

Edited 1593286312
Be sure the "Player has sight" is checked on each player token. isaac p. said: all my mobile players cannot see at all, they can only see their tokens even with daylight mode
What you were trying to do: 6 players plus GM using full features of updated dynamic lighting, moving tokens What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) Myself and one player had our computer shut down both on gaming PCs, one other player was never able to get past black loading screen on map, gaming laptop, turning off updated dynamic lighting mode fixed all the problems Steps to Reproduce: Try and move a token with full aspects of updated dynamic lighting mode in effece Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome Win 10 64&nbsp; Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.116 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D9 Major Performance Caveat: No ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query EXT_float_blend EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_compression_bptc EXT_texture_compression_rgtc EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_sRGB KHR_parallel_shader_compile OES_element_index_uint OES_fbo_render_mipmap OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/7853136/tyranny-of-dragons" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/7853136/tyranny-of-dragons</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Full updated dynamic lighting was in use, customized to each token Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Yes Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Yes Were you using Daylight Mode or not? No Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) All 4 in use Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: No Speedtest Results Upload, Download, and Ping values. 10ms 355.26mps download 11.99mps upload
George R. said: Since the lighting gives players vision even when they just drag their token around. for funky walls like this i had to 'reinforce' the walls like crazy, otherwise they see through my map I'm having the same problem : Even using restricted movement, the token can partly go beyond the line I drew and sees the next areas. Apparently, the resctrited movement works with the center of the token instead of the whole token..
What you were trying to do: Just adding some monsters for the map What happened: &nbsp;All player characters that have vision make everything look very pixelated and would overlap things in the GM layer so I could not see what was in the layer. I had to turn on Daylight mode just so everything would look normal again . Steps to Reproduce: I literally just went into the game and that happened. It was fine yesterday. Browser &amp; OS info:&nbsp; Windows 10 and Chrome both using latest version Is WebGL supported by your browser?&nbsp; ✓ This browser supports WebGL 1 Game Link: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6974609/cave-of-bomnt" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6974609/cave-of-bomnt</a> Game Settings Just using the UDL Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? No. Were you using Daylight Mode or not? No. Token Settings All tokens had vision and 60ft night vision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Yes Speed Test Results
Even if edge collision means tokens can't squeeze through gaps, that might be desireable for DMs. e.g. bars and portcullis' The DM can easily nudge a token past a small gap. Glad to see a test is being done as of a week ago, but can the rest of us get a synopsis on the concept?
Working now or stil broken ???

Edited 1593544251
What you were trying to do: Have characters with darkvision stand next to each other What happened: When multiple tokens darkvision overlap, the colors start overlapping too. If you chose a dark color the area can appear black to the GM and the opposite is true too, if the darkvision color is white the area of the overlap looks overexposed. If another token that is emitting light enters the area then the GM can see. The players controlling the tokens with darkvision don't see this issue. I also had to log in as player to not see the issue. Steps to Reproduce: Just have multiple tokens close to each other and have their darkvision coverage overlap Browser &amp; OS info: Windows 10&nbsp;&nbsp; Chrome&amp;Firefox Is WebGL supported by your browser? Yes&amp;Yes Game Link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6479733/new-to-dandd-lost-mine-of-phandelver" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6479733/new-to-dandd-lost-mine-of-phandelver</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Yes Were you using Daylight Mode or not? No Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? 2 tokens with darkvision 60ft and another at 90ft. Colors I Used where the white and the darkest gray on the color picker. 1 token with bright light at 40 and dim at 20 Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: On for both browsers

Edited 1593545266
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey folks -&nbsp; As you may have noticed, we pushed out some major changes today for Updated Dynamic Lighting! Those changes have been briefly outlined below, but make sure to check our full release notes for additional information. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please give us a shout. Thank you! Bug Fixes Fixed an issue that caused Ctrl+L to not work with standard Fog of War enabled The infamous “Pixel Dust” issue should now be resolved Vision bleed through from bumping into walls has been resolved Resolved an issue that caused tokens to get stuck on a mouse when attempting to drag and drop Fixed an issue with light/vision for grouped tokens General Updates Tokens that are controlled by a player now have a larger collision detection area when “Restrict Movement” is enabled A token’s collision detection area is visible via the Dynamic Lighting Layer Night vision should now look different from bright light We have added the ability to tint night vision via a custom color selector Update on Drop is now available for Updated Dynamic Lighting Directional light and vision is now available for Updated Dynamic Lighting You can now also choose the direction that the light emits and is detected from on the token (0 degrees is at the top and degrees increase clockwise.) Light direction and vision direction are separate options

Edited 1593554105
So I do not know if this has to do with the updates released today, but everything was working perfectly fine this past Sunday and previous game sessions, but today (Maybe around 20 minutes ago) when reviewing the map, I am getting weird graphical glitches when looking at the map, the best way i could describe it is that these certain areas have like sharpening filter, this is my first time seeing this. What you were trying to do: Look at a map with dynamic lighting on What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) weird graphical glitches when looking at the map, the best way i could describe it is that these certain areas have like a sharpening filter, this is my first time seeing this. I tried two browsers (Firefox and Chrome), and two different computers, same bug, additionally i updated my graphics drivers and still received the same weird graphical glitch Video Of Glitch Images: Steps to Reproduce: Maps with dynamic lighting turned on, in certain areas have what looks like a high-contrast filter Browser &amp; OS info: Firefox/Chrome Windows 10 Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. ✓ This browser supports WebGL 1 Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6414237/applesanddice" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6414237/applesanddice</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? No Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Yes Were you using Daylight Mode or not? No Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Night Vision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: No Speedtest

Edited 1593555132
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
What on earth? CasualTerror already noted the overlapping night vision issue. Justin F. noted the apparent sharpen filter. I get double vision if the zoom goes to 83% or lower. I don't know what qualifies as "pixie dust", but the walls still crawl when the token moves. I don't know the reason for the crawling walls, but I am looking for light to interact with walls like it does with legacy dynamic lighting (smooth lines). So, good news! You don't see through a wall when you move up to it anymore. You instead see through the&nbsp; opposite &nbsp;wall. I am also getting a weird issue that when I paste pictures, I get two copies of the picture. EDIT: I will post the pictures when the forum software let's me upload them. You used to be able to copy and paste snippets of the screen.
So, lighting is drastically different and so far it seems buggy! I need to look through the issue of lights bleeding through walls and giving vision in far away rooms, but the first thing I played around with right now is the Night Vision. It seems to create a lighted up field of view in front of a player. I've deleted the tokens and re-made them, put them back in, and so far haven't gotten it to function properly. I've tried adding the field of vision and playing around with the settings but I cannot get it to expand past this even with 360s. It's not the positioning on the map, I've moved it all over the map and it has the same issue, and when I rotate the token the field of light rotates with it. And when I log in as a player it shows the other night visions little cones as well.&nbsp; If I'm missing something, please let me know, otherwise I'm pretty sure it's a bug and I haven't been able to find a workaround for it. Rotated:
I'm just trying to understand - sometime ago I've read that new Vision and Lightning will allow to trace token sight from edges of token, not center.&nbsp; Tried today new dynamic lightning - same "from center sight". Is this feature is still in development, or I'm confusing myself? Thanks in advance!
So am I correct in understanding the only way to dim the light for the token's vision is to add a tint? Here's a picture of me adding a tint with two primary concerns: the token's vision tint radius is visible to the GM even when not viewing the token's line of sight when two of these radii interact the overlapping area becomes solid

Edited 1593561935
Alex
Pro
Will repost my gifs from my post on the blog. This latest update with night vision could use some work. And maybe a code rollback for those poor souls who are actually using it live. So, here's a quick glance at one token with night vision, and what it does to image resolution. Bear in mind, this is an animated gif and it's trying to represent high-res PNGs, so this actually looks way worse live than it does here. (click to see animation) This is just me rotating a token with night vision. Looks like the same kinda thing is happening as when you rotate drawings on the dynamic lighting layer. (click to see animation) Due to using multiple passes instead of taking the average, you're losing a ton of color information. Especially if different tokens have differently-colored night vision. (click to see animation) This one's the kicker for me. Three tokens with night vision, all using the same tint (#FFFFFF). With night vision off, image resolution's great. With night vision on, it becomes a jumbled, unreadable mess. Hope you don't have any players susceptible to migraines!&nbsp; (click to see animation) In sum, it appears that for each token with night vision , you're running a separate &nbsp;colorization process. With super low resolution lossy output. I am... pretty sure that's a terrible way of doing things?
Its appears to be the same color blending their are doing when you enable different color layered auras.
What you were trying to do: Use multiple PC tokens with nightvision. What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) When two tokens have nightvision on and neither emits bright light, the tokens and the map background lose resolution. Steps to Reproduce: All changes below are in the updated dynamic lighting tab. 1. Start with 2 tokens in a room with no light source. The page has updated dynamic lighting on, but no other updated dynamic lighting settings on. 2. Set token 1 to have vision. Everything is fine. 3. Set token 2 to have vision. Everything is fine. 4. Set token 1 to have nightvision 60. Everything is fine. 5. Set token 2 to have nightvision 60. The room with both tokens and the two tokens lose resolution. 6. Set token 2 back to no nightvision. Resolution problem goes away. 7. Add a 3rd token with no dynamic lighting settings. Everything is fine. 8 Add emits bright light 60 to 3rd token. Everything is fine. 9. Add vision to 3rd token. Everything is fine. 10. Add nightvision 60 to 3rd token. Everything is fine. 11. Remove emits bright light 60 from 3rd token. Room and tokens lose resolution again. 12. Remove nightvision 60 from 3rd token. Everything is fine again. First image is normal resolution. Second image is lower resolution as described in steps above. . Browser &amp; OS info: Win 10 - Chrome&nbsp; Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit) Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5827413/dungeon-of-the-mad-mage" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5827413/dungeon-of-the-mad-mage</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Map Settings Updated is on. No other dynamic lighting settings are on. Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) See above. Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Speedtest Results Upload, Download, and Ping values.
Craig said: Its appears to be the same color blending their are doing when you enable different color layered auras. They might have some of the same underpinnings; I haven't dug far enough into the code for that and don't plan to, so if you have, you might know a lot more about this than I. Acknowledging that, the existing color tools behave differently. Applying a tint to a token doesn't compress the token in any way. And unlike the example with multiple sources of night vision, token auras A. don't degrade stuff on the map layer (and don't affect tokens at all), and B. actually blend in overlapping areas, instead of... whatever night vision does. Auras also don't rotate with the token.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Anton V. said: I'm just trying to understand - sometime ago I've read that new Vision and Lightning will allow to trace token sight from edges of token, not center.&nbsp; Tried today new dynamic lightning - same "from center sight". Is this feature is still in development, or I'm confusing myself? Thanks in advance! First, I am not speaking for Roll20. It looks like one of the unfortunate side effects of sight from the edge of the token was that collision detection was still from the center. So a player could move up against a wall and see through the other side of the wall. Moving collision detection to the edge of the token means that there are places that tokens no longer fit. At the moment, the sight and collision box seem to have met in the middle with a collision box that is maybe 20% the size of the entire token. There has been some talk in the Pro forum's preview thread (which saw this enlarged collision box about a week early) about making the size of the box customizable on a game and token level.
So, does the UDL sight lines now originate from the token center, token collision box, or token edge? I'm not in a position to test myself at the moment, thanks.
I was going to report the resolution issue, but it seems folk are already on top of it.&nbsp; This resolution issue even affects other tokens.&nbsp; All tokens and map items seem affected but for the token I'm actually looking through.&nbsp; It only happens when Dynamic Lighting is on, sometimes it doesn't start until I Ctrl+L to look to see what the player sees, then the picture goes grainy and nothing I do fixes it short of turning off Dynamic Lighting. Some maps it's much worse than others, to the point you can't even see detail enough to use the map effectively.

Edited 1593741953
I have the same, UDL+multiple night vision tokens, image degradation issue as others have reported. Just wanted to pile on in case this needs more noise before it's noticed/addressed. (Edit: /Unrelated: In case any devs see this, thanks for the charactermancer lvl+ feats implementation :-D ) UDL off: UDL On:
I'm experiencing an issue where walls will not block vision after a certain distance, unless I increase the line thickness.
There a huge probleme with the daylight-off option with night vision. somehow the whole setup glitch

Edited 1593656229
I am having the same or very similar problem as below. This just started yesterday, Tuesday 30 June 2020. My H. said: What you were trying to do: Just adding some monsters for the map What happened: &nbsp;All player characters that have vision make everything look very pixelated and would overlap things in the GM layer so I could not see what was in the layer. I had to turn on Daylight mode just so everything would look normal again . Steps to Reproduce: I literally just went into the game and that happened. It was fine yesterday. Browser &amp; OS info:&nbsp; Windows 10 and Chrome both using latest version Is WebGL supported by your browser?&nbsp; ✓ This browser supports WebGL 1 Game Link: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6974609/cave-of-bomnt" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6974609/cave-of-bomnt</a> Game Settings Just using the UDL Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? No. Were you using Daylight Mode or not? No. Token Settings All tokens had vision and 60ft night vision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Yes Speed Test Results
Same for me. I spent a lot of time preparing some maps with dynamic lighting and I couldn't use them during my game the other day.&nbsp; Very frustrating! Cinaed said: I was going to report the resolution issue, but it seems folk are already on top of it.&nbsp; This resolution issue even affects other tokens.&nbsp; All tokens and map items seem affected but for the token I'm actually looking through.&nbsp; It only happens when Dynamic Lighting is on, sometimes it doesn't start until I Ctrl+L to look to see what the player sees, then the picture goes grainy and nothing I do fixes it short of turning off Dynamic Lighting. Some maps it's much worse than others, to the point you can't even see detail enough to use the map effectively.
What you were trying to do: use night vision on a character token with updated DL. What happened: There seems to be a problem with night vision. When it is active on a character, everything that they see becomes very bright and seemingly low-resolution. This is not the case for vision with light sources. I thought this was the case because of the white tint selected by default, but after switching between several tints and a transparent tint this problem persists. I've also tried changing the distance of the night vision, turning off explorer mode and logging in both as a player and GM. The token without night vision, emitting 20 foot bright light. The token with night vision active, not emitting any bright light. Steps to Reproduce: Turn on updated dynamic lighting and turn on night vision for a token. Browser &amp; OS info: Google chrome, Windows 10 Is WebGL supported by your browser? ✓ This browser supports WebGL 1 Game Link: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/7374555/vozvrashchieniie-runnykh-vlastitieliei" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/7374555/vozvrashchieniie-runnykh-vlastitieliei</a> Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Yes Were you using Daylight Mode or not? No Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? bright light: No low light: No night vision: yes regular vision: yes Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Yes
Andy D.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am running a CoS module in two weeks and my tokens w/ Darkvision look very saturated on the map. Might have to give everyone a light source instead for the time being. I just noticed this when the "tint color" was enabled. I also noticed I'm not able to set the tint color to transparent. When I select this option and hit save, it does not seem to save. I am using the latest Chrome browser. Here is a screen shot with darkvision enabled at 60ft with the "transparent" selected but seems to revert back to white after I save it. In this picture you can see my settings. Even though I set the tint to transparent, seems to revert to white which I think is causing the issue And this is what it looks like when I set my token to emit light instead of using darkvision:

Edited 1593697660
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Kenton's list of known issues is getting shorter, so I made a reorganized version with the existing issues at the top (roughly ordered by severity) and leaving the solved issues at the bottom for a more clear overview. Also copied the current list to the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/UDL" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/UDL</a> Known Issues List for UDL (30th June 2020) This list will be updated as issues are discovered and resolved. Large Bugs Updated Dynamic Lighting fails on very large maps. Unexpected behavior is occurring with masks created by circles. If a player's system crashes, they will occasionally have DL masks revealed to them. Feature Parity( features not yet implemented in UDL from LDL ): No feature parity with "Fog of War(FoW)", where a GM can manually hide/reveal areas. Please note: FoW is the free tool you can select on your toolbar, and is not the same feature as Advanced Fog of War(AFoW). That's why we changed the names. FoW will become the "Reveal Tool", and AFoW has become "Explorer Mode" in UDL. &nbsp;Token's light/vision sensitivity can't be adjusted yet (previously labeled as "Has Sight / Multiplier") . Bugs: When a token with Night Vision is at the edge of a lit area, there is a gradient at the edge of the lit area before the night vision begins.&nbsp; In certain systems, images from the Map layer are being distorted and skewed when viewed using Dynamic Lighting. GM Vision: With Explorer Mode enabled, when using CTRL-L on a token that is not controlled by anyone in a page (or if there are no players in the game), GMs will only see a grayscale version of the map, without the GM Darkness Overlay. GM Vision: Tokens with light and no vision are not visible to the GM until a token with vision is nearby. Map Contrast: It can be difficult to see the difference between an illuminated map that is low contrast and a map that has been revealed in Explorer Mode, especially if the GM opacity is low. Mask outlines are not as smooth as expected. Zooming out with browser zoom, not the VTT zoom, can cause some strange visual issues. Slight lag with keyboard movements using UDL still exists. Mac Users: When using Explorer Mode on a Mac with Intel integrated graphics, the Lighting system may display a wide diagonal black bar across the middle of the screen that scrolls as you pan across the page. Setting negative numbers in the token light and vision settings results in tokens revealing more than they should. Fixed Apr 10 If your maps use units other than feet, the light distances will not change based on the correct unit. Until this is fixed, assume that the "ft" in the Token Settings for vision and light distances is whatever units your map uses. &nbsp;Fixed April 17 Default Token Settings in the game details page do not currently apply when creating new tokens. &nbsp;Fixed Apr 21 Resetting fog more than once is causing issues. &nbsp;Fixed Apr 21 When the GM moves a token, the areas will only be revealed for players who are currently online. Fixed Apr 21 Tokens on different pages/accounts sometimes reveal masks for the incorrect page. &nbsp;Fixed April 28 Decimals in the token light and vision settings result in incorrect light calculations. &nbsp;Fixed April 28 When using CTRL-L, GMs see through the token's eyes for purposes of lighting and vision, but can still see objects on the GM layer. &nbsp;Fixed April 28 Tokens with Light on the GM layer are showing that Light to Tokens on other layers. &nbsp;Fixed May 19 Using CTRL+L on a token will occasionally result in vision of what's beyond Dynamic &nbsp;Lighting barriers . &nbsp;Fixed May 19 Light bleeds through some corners in Dynamic Lighting barriers (in explorer mode, this can result in areas being revealed). &nbsp; Fixed May 21 A "pixel dust" like effect is occurring within certain markings. &nbsp;Fixed June 30 There is no "update only on drop" option.&nbsp; &nbsp;Fixed June 30 Night Vision does not allow for Low Light at the moment and appears the same as Bright Light.&nbsp; &nbsp;Fixed June 30 Dragging a token next to a Dynamic Lighting barrier can result in vision past the barrier. &nbsp;Fixed June 30 (Don't know if I'll try to keep it updated, but this list is much easier to check and update against Roll20 Changelog than Kenton's list. I won't be keeping tabs on this thread and user reports, and just gonna occasionally look at Roll20's updates on things)

Edited 1593700133
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8896019/dynamic-lighting-updated-inconsistent-light-blocking-depending-on-token-position/?pageforid=8898932#post-8898932" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8896019/dynamic-lighting-updated-inconsistent-light-blocking-depending-on-token-position/?pageforid=8898932#post-8898932</a> tldr: "thin" thickness in masking lines causes inconsistant masking "small" or thicker works fine Browser &amp; OS info: Firefox 77.01.1 64 Bit Is WebGL supported by your browser? ✓ This browser supports WebGL 1 Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Map Settings Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? No Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Yes Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? regular vision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: On EDIT: Distance to masking line in relation to maksing line thickness should be further investigated.
I was hoping that the update to night vision would allow separate dim/bright light night vision radii for compatibility with 5e's dark vision mechanic (Dim light becomes bright light for 60ft, darkness becomes dim light). The related "known issue" stated both including low light and distinguishing between normal bright light, but the update only did the latter.
If I understand correctly, the system remains broken and turbo bugged. I should stay on the old one ????
Al Pacino said: If I understand correctly, the system remains broken and turbo bugged. I should stay on the old one ???? Yes.
Ravenknight said: Al Pacino said: If I understand correctly, the system remains broken and turbo bugged. I should stay on the old one ???? Yes. Ok thanks
Andreas J. said: Kenton's list of known issues is getting shorter, so I made a reorganized version with the existing issues at the top (roughly ordered by severity) and leaving the solved issues at the bottom for a more clear overview. Also copied the current list to the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/UDL" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/UDL</a> Known Issues List for UDL (30th June 2020) This list will be updated as issues are discovered and resolved. Large Bugs Updated Dynamic Lighting fails on very large maps. Unexpected behavior is occurring with masks created by circles. If a player's system crashes, they will occasionally have DL masks revealed to them. Feature Parity( features not yet implemented in UDL from LDL ): No feature parity with "Fog of War(FoW)", where a GM can manually hide/reveal areas. Please note: FoW is the free tool you can select on your toolbar, and is not the same feature as Advanced Fog of War(AFoW). That's why we changed the names. FoW will become the "Reveal Tool", and AFoW has become "Explorer Mode" in UDL. &nbsp;Token's light/vision sensitivity can't be adjusted yet (previously labeled as "Has Sight / Multiplier") . Bugs: When a token with Night Vision is at the edge of a lit area, there is a gradient at the edge of the lit area before the night vision begins.&nbsp; In certain systems, images from the Map layer are being distorted and skewed when viewed using Dynamic Lighting. GM Vision: With Explorer Mode enabled, when using CTRL-L on a token that is not controlled by anyone in a page (or if there are no players in the game), GMs will only see a grayscale version of the map, without the GM Darkness Overlay. GM Vision: Tokens with light and no vision are not visible to the GM until a token with vision is nearby. Map Contrast: It can be difficult to see the difference between an illuminated map that is low contrast and a map that has been revealed in Explorer Mode, especially if the GM opacity is low. Mask outlines are not as smooth as expected. Zooming out with browser zoom, not the VTT zoom, can cause some strange visual issues. Slight lag with keyboard movements using UDL still exists. Mac Users: When using Explorer Mode on a Mac with Intel integrated graphics, the Lighting system may display a wide diagonal black bar across the middle of the screen that scrolls as you pan across the page. Setting negative numbers in the token light and vision settings results in tokens revealing more than they should. Fixed Apr 10 If your maps use units other than feet, the light distances will not change based on the correct unit. Until this is fixed, assume that the "ft" in the Token Settings for vision and light distances is whatever units your map uses. &nbsp;Fixed April 17 Default Token Settings in the game details page do not currently apply when creating new tokens. &nbsp;Fixed Apr 21 Resetting fog more than once is causing issues. &nbsp;Fixed Apr 21 When the GM moves a token, the areas will only be revealed for players who are currently online. Fixed Apr 21 Tokens on different pages/accounts sometimes reveal masks for the incorrect page. &nbsp;Fixed April 28 Decimals in the token light and vision settings result in incorrect light calculations. &nbsp;Fixed April 28 When using CTRL-L, GMs see through the token's eyes for purposes of lighting and vision, but can still see objects on the GM layer. &nbsp;Fixed April 28 Tokens with Light on the GM layer are showing that Light to Tokens on other layers. &nbsp;Fixed May 19 Using CTRL+L on a token will occasionally result in vision of what's beyond Dynamic &nbsp;Lighting barriers . &nbsp;Fixed May 19 Light bleeds through some corners in Dynamic Lighting barriers (in explorer mode, this can result in areas being revealed). &nbsp; Fixed May 21 A "pixel dust" like effect is occurring within certain markings. &nbsp;Fixed June 30 There is no "update only on drop" option.&nbsp; &nbsp;Fixed June 30 Night Vision does not allow for Low Light at the moment and appears the same as Bright Light.&nbsp; &nbsp;Fixed June 30 Dragging a token next to a Dynamic Lighting barrier can result in vision past the barrier. &nbsp;Fixed June 30 (Don't know if I'll try to keep it updated, but this list is much easier to check and update against Roll20 Changelog than Kenton's list. I won't be keeping tabs on this thread and user reports, and just gonna occasionally look at Roll20's updates on things) And can we please add to the list, that the performance on anything but highend gaming PCs is horrible. My player will take performance over cleaver features anyday.
We're using legacy in our game right now (dungeon of the mad mage) with advanced fog of war disabled because enabling it basically makes the map unplayable for most of us. The new lighting is much faster, but we'll bear with not having explorer mode / advanced fow until things are fixed. :) Matthew M. said: The legacy works fine.&nbsp; There are issues with the legacy, but not nearly as many as exist under UDL.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1593789885
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I had said in the Pro forum's preview thread that changing how the line width restricts token vision would cause a breaking change in existing content. Here is one example. In my marketplace adventures, walls that are meant to stay in place are thin green lines on the DL layer. Doors and other objects that are meant to be moved are thick red lines. This cue helps a GM know what to move when a door or other element is moved and what to leave alone. The difference in line thickness also helps for those who are red/green colorblind. In Legacy DL, the middle of the line restricts the token vision regardless of how thick the line is. Here is the layout on the DL layer. Here is how it looks to a player in Legacy DL. The secret door is nearly imperceptible. The secret door leaps out in Updated DL. If UDL is released with this change, it is going to require days for me to go through the maps of all of my products and the products I have created under contract. It is also significantly harder to match the edges of DL lines versus matching the centers of DL lines. We were told a switch to UDL would happen when we have feature parity. In my opinion, this means that we don't just have the same number of features, but that the features behave the same as well. Rewrites should have the same behavior as the legacy system unless something was broken. Something is not broken here in LDL. I cannot think of a use case where restricting vision based on line thickness should be the default. If restricting vision based on line thickness is important enough, it should be a separate update after UDL is officially released, and it should be opt in. EDIT: This update also makes it incredibly difficult for players to see what something is when a DL line has to go down the middle of it (such as a door that could be approached from both directions. In UDL, the line obstructs the view of the door.
What you were trying to do: Gently test the new UDL vision restriction. What happened: &nbsp;Any area covered by vision becomes pixelated. GM Layer items within the vision become invisible. Night Vision Off Night Vision On - Unrestricted Night Vision On - Restricted Note the partial obfuscation of the area label which is on the GM Layer. Not sure if related, but light emitting tokens affects GM Layer item Opacity Steps to Reproduce: 1. Load any game 2. Have multiple tokens, perhaps items on the GM Layer. 3. Enable UDL. 4. Observe pixelation. Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit) Windows 10 Home v1909 Build 18363.900 Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.116 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl2 GL Version: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D9 Major Performance Caveat: No Vertex Shader Max Vertex Attributes: 16 Max Vertex Uniform Vectors: 4095 Max Vertex Texture Image Units: 16 Max Varying Vectors: 30 Best float precision: [-2127, 2127] (23) Max Vertex Uniform Components: 16380 Max Vertex Uniform Blocks: 12 Max Vertex Output Components: 120 Max Varying Components: 120 Transform Feedback Max Interleaved Components: 120 Max Separate Attribs: 4 Max Separate Components: 4 Rasterizer Aliased Line Width Range: [1, 1] Aliased Point Size Range: [1, 1024] Fragment Shader Max Fragment Uniform Vectors: 1024 Max Texture Image Units: 16 float/int precision: highp/highp Best float precision: [-2127, 2127] (23) Max Fragment Uniform Components: 4096 Max Fragment Uniform Blocks: 12 Max Fragment Input Components: 120 Min Program Texel Offset: -8 Max Program Texel Offset: 7 Framebuffer Max Draw Buffers: 8 Max Color Attachments: 8 Max Samples: 8 RGBA Bits: [8, 8, 8, 8] Depth / Stencil Bits: [24, 8] Max Render Buffer Size: 16384 Max Viewport Dimensions: [32767, 32767] Textures Max Texture Size: 16384 Max Cube Map Texture Size: 16384 Max Combined Texture Image Units: 32 Max Anisotropy: 16 Max 3D Texture Size: 2048 Max Array Texture Layers: 2048 Max Texture LOD Bias: 2 Uniform Buffers Max Uniform Buffer Bindings: 24 Max Uniform Block Size: 65536 Uniform Buffer Offset Alignment: 256 Max Combined Uniform Blocks: 24 Max Combined Vertex Uniform Components: 212988 Max Combined Fragment Uniform Components: 200704 Supported Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2 EXT_float_blend EXT_texture_compression_bptc EXT_texture_compression_rgtc EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic KHR_parallel_shader_compile OES_texture_float_linear WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_lose_context OVR_multiview2 To see draft extensions in Chrome, browse to about:flags, enable the "Enable WebGL Draft Extensions" option, and relaunch. WebGL 2 Functions Implementation Status: 88 of 88 new functions implemented. copyBufferSubData getBufferSubData blitFramebuffer framebufferTextureLayer getInternalformatParameter invalidateFramebuffer invalidateSubFramebuffer readBuffer renderbufferStorageMultisample texStorage2D texStorage3D texImage3D texSubImage3D copyTexSubImage3D compressedTexImage3D compressedTexSubImage3D getFragDataLocation uniform1ui uniform2ui uniform3ui uniform4ui uniform1uiv uniform2uiv uniform3uiv uniform4uiv uniformMatrix2x3fv uniformMatrix3x2fv uniformMatrix2x4fv uniformMatrix4x2fv uniformMatrix3x4fv uniformMatrix4x3fv vertexAttribI4i vertexAttribI4iv vertexAttribI4ui vertexAttribI4uiv vertexAttribIPointer vertexAttribDivisor drawArraysInstanced drawElementsInstanced drawRangeElements drawBuffers clearBufferiv clearBufferuiv clearBufferfv clearBufferfi createQuery deleteQuery isQuery beginQuery endQuery getQuery getQueryParameter createSampler deleteSampler isSampler bindSampler samplerParameteri samplerParameterf getSamplerParameter fenceSync isSync deleteSync clientWaitSync waitSync getSyncParameter createTransformFeedback deleteTransformFeedback isTransformFeedback bindTransformFeedback beginTransformFeedback endTransformFeedback transformFeedbackVaryings getTransformFeedbackVarying pauseTransformFeedback resumeTransformFeedback bindBufferBase bindBufferRange getIndexedParameter getUniformIndices getActiveUniforms getUniformBlockIndex getActiveUniformBlockParameter getActiveUniformBlockName uniformBlockBinding createVertexArray deleteVertexArray isVertexArray bindVertexArray Game Link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/7666222/the-show-must-go-on" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/7666222/the-show-must-go-on</a> Game Settings Game background image was changed. All others unchanged. Map Settings Using UDL No Explorer Mode Daylight mode was on. Issue does not persist with Daylight mode off. Token Settings No light, just Night Vision on one token. Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: On Speedtest Results Console Log (index):13 Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' 'sha256-dm6tOb8rwEmENe5+ec26sQvlH6Xd1CBZ7IvtZ4kJ1og=' 'sha256-jlxVUPsj/qdPM120UwbjpC4Tw7dq+obb7SYUV+lSfrI=' 'nonce-jEULOBr8Sjkrgo4e' <a href="http://cdn.inspectlet.com" rel="nofollow">http://cdn.inspectlet.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.doubleclick.net <a href="https://partner.googleadservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://partner.googleadservices.com</a> <a href="https://www.googletagservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.googletagservices.com</a> <a href="https://ssl.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://ssl.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="https://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="https://ajax.googleapis.com" rel="nofollow">https://ajax.googleapis.com</a> <a href="http://ajax.googleapis.com" rel="nofollow">http://ajax.googleapis.com</a> <a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net</a> <a href="https://cdn.firebase.com" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.firebase.com</a> https://*.firebaseio.com https://*.tokbox.com https://*.opentok.com <a href="http://static.opentok.com" rel="nofollow">http://static.opentok.com</a> <a href="http://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="http://cdn.crowdin.com" rel="nofollow">http://cdn.crowdin.com</a> <a href="https://crowdin.com" rel="nofollow">https://crowdin.com</a> <a href="http://stun.l.google.com" rel="nofollow">http://stun.l.google.com</a> *.sentry-cdn.com". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-pTNkp50U6tVf8FuQzTMh762+Nza6SP/j648+XWvdL+s='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution. jquery.migrate.js:20 JQMIGRATE: Logging is active app.roll20.net/:15 CAMPAIGN ID: 7666222 (index):325 Logged in - checking Account GDPR status: true app.js?1593730651:552 70 app.js?1593730651:553 Custom Sheet Translation app.js?1593730651:557 TOUCH SUPPORTED: false app.js?1593730651:557 USING WEBGL ACCELERATION... app.js?1593730651:557 WEBGL STARTUP SUCCESS app.js?1593730651:575 Loading Custom character sheet. app.js?1593730651:575 Including compendium template css. tutorial_tips.js:7 tuts loaded sheetsandboxworker.js?1593788161947:682 Starting up WEB WORKER icon.png:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) (index):417 Refused to load the script '<a href="https://js-agent.newrelic.com/nr-1167.min.js" rel="nofollow">https://js-agent.newrelic.com/nr-1167.min.js</a>' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' 'sha256-dm6tOb8rwEmENe5+ec26sQvlH6Xd1CBZ7IvtZ4kJ1og=' 'sha256-jlxVUPsj/qdPM120UwbjpC4Tw7dq+obb7SYUV+lSfrI=' 'nonce-jEULOBr8Sjkrgo4e' <a href="http://cdn.inspectlet.com" rel="nofollow">http://cdn.inspectlet.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.doubleclick.net <a href="https://partner.googleadservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://partner.googleadservices.com</a> <a href="https://www.googletagservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.googletagservices.com</a> <a href="https://ssl.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://ssl.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="https://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="https://ajax.googleapis.com" rel="nofollow">https://ajax.googleapis.com</a> <a href="http://ajax.googleapis.com" rel="nofollow">http://ajax.googleapis.com</a> <a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net</a> <a href="https://cdn.firebase.com" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.firebase.com</a> https://*.firebaseio.com https://*.tokbox.com https://*.opentok.com <a href="http://static.opentok.com" rel="nofollow">http://static.opentok.com</a> <a href="http://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="http://cdn.crowdin.com" rel="nofollow">http://cdn.crowdin.com</a> <a href="https://crowdin.com" rel="nofollow">https://crowdin.com</a> <a href="http://stun.l.google.com" rel="nofollow">http://stun.l.google.com</a> *.sentry-cdn.com". Note that 'script-src-elem' was not explicitly set, so 'script-src' is used as a fallback. r @ (index):417 app.js?1593730651:566 Final page load. app.js?1593730651:564 Auth'ed. app.js?1593730651:564 Go post auth! app.js?1593730651:564 initial setup app.js?1593730651:564 joining game... 16app.js?1593730651:561 Full load page! app.js?1593730651:564 We have 16 pages app.js?1593730651:562 Player -M912QIWcd6vwnFpDQH4 is offline... app.js?1593730651:562 Player -M913S1TTprRe2mhbpr- is offline... app.js?1593730651:562 Player -M9EQL6AjfcoGeOa612h is offline... app.js?1593730651:562 Player -M9_GQP5bgokcaYDiytb is offline... app.js?1593730651:562 Player -M9pM-CX1v1-UEKz2Sw8 is offline... app.js?1593730651:564 Deferred finish joining... app.js?1593730651:552 Firebase Online 50app.js?1593730651:574 Error while checking for roll total... s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace/1209023/oSeHVdpkgL5_FBqP1nG6Vw/thumb.png?1586560547&amp;15898435685:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) app.js?1593730651:552 Error loading graphic, probably due to CORS. Trying once without CORS for <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace/1209023/oSeHVdpkgL5_FBqP1nG6Vw/thumb.png?1586560547&amp;1589843568" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace/1209023/oSeHVdpkgL5_FBqP1nG6Vw/thumb.png?1586560547&amp;1589843568</a> (anonymous) @ app.js?1593730651:552 thumb.webp:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace/1209023/oSeHVdpkgL5_FBqP1nG6Vw/thumb.png?1586560547&amp;15898435681593788173809:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) app.js?1593730651:552 Second load attempt failed for <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace/1209023/oSeHVdpkgL5_FBqP1nG6Vw/thumb.png?1586560547&amp;15898435681593788173809" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace/1209023/oSeHVdpkgL5_FBqP1nG6Vw/thumb.png?1586560547&amp;15898435681593788173809</a> s @ app.js?1593730651:552 11app.js?1593730651:558 Debounced init page! jquery.migrate.js:39 JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.attr('checked') may use property instead of attribute migrateWarn @ jquery.migrate.js:39 jquery.migrate.js:41 console.trace migrateWarn @ jquery.migrate.js:41 Pathfinder2ByRoll20.js:451&nbsp; Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20: Alayern's character, version 3.4 Pathfinder2ByRoll20.js:451&nbsp; Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20: Light Source, version 3.4 thumb.webp:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) 4app.js?1593730651:558 Debounced init page! base.js?1588774597:45 undefined jquery.migrate.js:39 JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.error() is deprecated migrateWarn @ jquery.migrate.js:39 jquery.migrate.js:41 console.trace migrateWarn @ jquery.migrate.js:41 base.js?1588774597:45 undefined app.js?1593730651:558 Debounced init page! DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for <a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/underscore-min.map" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/underscore-min.map</a>: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE app.js?1593730651:555 Uncaught (in promise) Destroyed deinitialize @ app.js?1593730651:555 deinitPage @ app.js?1593730651:554 switchPageByIndex @ app.js?1593730651:564 switchPageById @ app.js?1593730651:564 (anonymous) @ app.js?1593730651:570 dispatch @ jquery-1.9.1.js:3074 elemData.handle @ jquery-1.9.1.js:2750 nrWrapper @ (index):417
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Cross posting from&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2819815/colored-dynamic-lighting" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2819815/colored-dynamic-lighting</a> &nbsp;since Kenton's post referenced the new night vision tinting. Brian C. &nbsp;said: Kenton &nbsp;said: Hello all- With&nbsp; this week's update to Updated Dynamic Lighting , we've released a change to Night Vision which allows for a tint. While this is not specifically address this Suggestion, I wanted to bring it up so I might be able to get feedback on how this might work for the people in this thread. I really think tinting is the wrong way to go, both for UDL night vision and for colored dynamic lighting, unless it is heavily reworked from the scenario we have at the moment where two tokens with night vision completely blot out the map for the GM. In the end, both colored dynamic lighting and night vision likely should use the same underlying technology, but the tinting of UDL's night vision as it currently stands darkens what a token sees, which is the opposite of what light should do. Or maybe it would be more accurate to say that each light source is applied independently to the page. Guessing by the nature of the problems with the current implementation of UDL's night vision, it looks like each light source is being handled independently, incrementally tinting what is on the page. This is the wrong implementation for night vision as well as for colored dynamic lighting. Light sources should be blended, as in this demo. Clicking the question mark in the upper-right corner of the demo tells you how to change the type, direction, color, and intensity of the lights.&nbsp; <a href="https://corybeams.com/le/examples/#interactive_lights" rel="nofollow">https://corybeams.com/le/examples/#interactive_lights</a> All of the lights combine to present the final image. For example, magenta and green light combine to make white light. Dynamic lighting should similarly be blending all the light sources visible to a player before applying them to the page. This should happen in several stages: bright light, dim light, and night vision. Vision blocking walls can be processed once per light source for all three stages. Each light source adds the light that is visible to one of the player tokens to a light map for that portion of the vision. The bright lights combine into a bright light map. The dim lights combine into a dim light map, and any night vision is combined into a night vision light map. The light maps are then combined. Illuminated portions of the bright light map overwrite the dim light map, and the combined light map overwrites the night vision light map. This combined light map represents everything a player can currently see through all of their tokens both in color and intensity (dim vs bright). Since it represents what a token can see, it also represents what should be cleared from fog of war. A 1-bit light map can be retained between frames to represent the cleared fog of war. The page is rendered in the desaturated fog of war, the black from the fog of war is placed over that, and the combined light map is applied to the elements on the page (map, tokens, etc.) and drawn over that. This combination of elements gives us properly colored dynamic lighting and avoids problems like the dark circles at the edge of light sources and night vision that we have seen in the UDL beta.