Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A New Light - Bug Thread - Updated Dynamic Lighting and Fog of War

Nicholas said: Kalagari said: Nicholas said: Kalagari said: Kalagari said: Hello, Another thing I have noticed is that the tokens I have set up to represent torches, on the lighting layer, do not have produce their light unless you move the token around. It's as if the lighting only kicks in for the first time when you "drop" the token. Adding pictures to demonstrate the issues I am experiencing. When I initially load the map: After I move the light(yellow dot towards the bottom left): Hey Kalagari -&nbsp; Just to check, were these tokens something you already had set up for legacy lighting and then switched over? Also, would you mind providing me the name of the game that this occurred with please? Thank you!&nbsp;&nbsp; Hello Nicholas, This was set up ahead of time as part of the Princes of the Apocalypse module I purchased. I then went in and added the settings for the new lighting system, for this page. link to the game:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4437899/pota" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4437899/pota</a> I am also curious if tokens in purchased modules will be updated to the new lighting system or if I will need to go in and update each and every map myself. Thanks, Kal &nbsp; Hello&nbsp;Kalagari -&nbsp; Apologies, I just want to make sure I'm very clear on what you're experiencing. So you had this page set up for legacy, you switched everything over to UDL (both page settings and token settings), and you experienced what you've seen on the screenshot you attached, correct? Thanks in advance for your patience! Yes that is a correct understanding.
What you were trying to do: I have a maze sent up with dynamic lighting. I build all the lighting walls/barriers from as few lines as possible to avoid light slipping through cracks. What happened: &nbsp; I was going to use legacy dynamic lighting since i hadn't messed with the new one yet but for some reason areas my players had been couldn't been seen after they moved away. I took a few minutes to mess around with the new system and it seemed to be working fine until I loved them to a seperate map for an encounter then loved them back. At that time everyone of my players had a different about of the map revealed. Steps to Reproduce: It happened when we switched from this map to a different one then back to this one. Browser &amp; OS info: I don't know everyones browser but I was using Chrome and one was using FireFox. We are all on Windows computers. Is WebGL supported by your browser? Yes Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1947199/xyrandia-under-shadows-of-white" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1947199/xyrandia-under-shadows-of-white</a> Game Settings No default setting I had set up were applied to the map page. Map Settings We were using updated with explorer mode. Token Settings Vision was turned on as well as Bright light and Low Light Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: No
fabio t. said: Hi, I've a bug while using the new feature of dynamic light. The situation is: all the map is covered by fog of war, and the explorer mode is enabled: when a character cross the map, i expect that fog of war in this part of the map disapear, also when the character move away (and only the map remain visible, but darkest). instead, when it leaves, the fog of war returns and the explored part turns complitely black. have you some ideas about this? thank you all Hey fabio t. -&nbsp; Using FoW and UDL together is currently not supported, so that's why you are experiencing issues. However, it is feature parity and on the known issues list, so we'll be implementing it before we sunset the legacy system. Thanks for checking in on this!
Hey Sam G. -&nbsp; For your report here , I just want to check in and see if you had experienced one of the issues you reported ("they claimed they could see everything as if there was no dynamic lighting at all and the whole page was visible") since then. Also, to your concerns with Update on Drop, just to reiterate, this functionality is definitely feature parity and will be implemented before we sunset the old system.&nbsp;
joshua h. said: There is a bug in the old lighting system that I would like to mention so that you dont have it in the new system either. Advanced Fog of War Only reveals things that a token can see from its own light. This means that a token could be looking at an area that is lit by torchlight, and yet it does not reveal the area on the map. Hey&nbsp;joshua h. -&nbsp; This should be addressed in the new system. If you have a specific use case in which you notice an issue, please let me know by providing reproduction steps. Thanks for checking in!
My experience last night. I've been able to use my medium/smaller maps without issue with the legacy lighting, but gave up on using the new Dynamic Lighting, since it brought everyone's machine to a standstill when used. The legacy lighting has been working great for me until this week. Now everything is bottled up tremendously. Have you snuck new dynamic lighting code into the old legacy lighting? I have no idea what changed, but I can no longer use the AFoW like I was able to do in the past on the medium to smaller maps. I will see if it was just last night when I try this again on Sunday (which was working with AFoW last week) and see if it bogs down as well. I assume no changes to legacy lighting, right? Right?
Mr Kuryakin said: Using legacy system, I've had two different players in the same game not be able to see certain monster tokens when the other players could see them. Everything was as it should be. Dragged fresh monsters from compendium onto the map.... Same issue. Certain monsters were fine but all orcs were invisible to one player only, and a home made token was invisible to one other player. With the monsters they could see, the token light settings were EXACTLY the same and everything was on token layer.&nbsp; Please can you make sure this update is not effecting legacy light and token settings. Can you give me a solution to this as literally no setting would let the player see the tokens, even with dynamic lighting turned off.&nbsp; Hey&nbsp;Mr Kuryakin -&nbsp; Are you still experiencing issues with the Legacy system? If so, can you provide me a link to a game in which you experienced issues, please? Thank you for your patience!

Edited 1587763419
While not technically a bug, I'm hoping the developers can make a better differentiation between what the character can actively see vs what's been explored (i.e. using Explorer mode). The grey being used in Explorer mode is a bit too soft to see the specifics of the slight limit vs the grey of the explored areas. I'm hoping there can be a better coloring or shadowing, similar to the Show Grid in the legacy system. It was easy to see the sight limit with the legacy system. Example of Explorer mode (captured from Roll20's Apr 21 Rundown video): Example of Legacy Show Grid (explorer) enabled: Maybe the Legacy version is a bit too dark, but I think it shows my point with the differences between to the 2 systems. With the Legacy option, players can clearly see not only where they were but also the limit of their vision. The slight de-coloring with the Explorer Mode is not quite as defined. Thanks!
Hey Gabriel B. -&nbsp; For your report here , would you mind filling out the rest of the bug template , please? That will allow us to best understand what is going on and fix it if needs be. Thank you! :)

Edited 1587768620
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey Miodziek -&nbsp; What you mentioned here isn't a bug per-say, rather our intention at the time for how we wanted the two to interact. However, we are working on a solution to improve how this looks visually to better match many different use-cases and, as such, is on the known issues list . Thanks for checking in! :)

Edited 1587769037
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey&nbsp;Halie S. and Valerie M.&nbsp;-&nbsp; As you both mentioned &nbsp;here &nbsp;and here , you were not able to use Updated Dynamic Lighting with Safari. However, as mentioned by Valerie, we only support Chrome and Firefox at this time. Double-checking though, were you still experiencing the same issues with Safari? If so, can you try to see if the issue also persists on Chrome or Firefox as well, please? We want to see if the issue you're having is browser-specific, or a larger issue at hand. Thanks for your patience here!
John B said: Two comments: 1.&nbsp; Is there any API access to this as I like that for the prior version I could create a torch with the token api. 2.&nbsp; Old version of dynamic lighting stopped functioning for players and using the cntrl L showed it as an issue on my end as well.&nbsp; Switched to the new version and it worked but the old I thought was still going to be supported. Hey John B. -&nbsp; 1. Yes there is! Here is documentation regarding the API functionality we've provided so far:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046490373" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046490373</a> . 2. Legacy version should definitely still be working. Are you still experiencing issues with it? If so, can you provide me a link to the game you've seen this occur with, please? Thank you!
DM said: Nicholas said: Hey DM - For your report here , would you mind providing me a link to the game in which you reproduced this, please? Thanks in advance for your patience and assistance! Hi, here's the campaign: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6514840/dm-storm-kings-thunder" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6514840/dm-storm-kings-thunder</a> The page map is the one I called "bugged" ...&nbsp; I deleted the previuos one and made this one which has similar problems. Regards R Hey DM -&nbsp; My apologies, but I was unable to find a page with that title in the game you linked. Did you rename it perchance? Or is there another game link you can provide? Thanks in advance for your patience here!
Hey <a href="mailto:rpgsocialworker@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">rpgsocialworker@gmail.com</a> - Unfortunately, we've been unable to reproduce the issue you reported here . Have you experienced it again since then? If so, was it in the same game you linked, or a different game?
Hey Ben t. -&nbsp; Just wanted to check in from your post here , were you able to set back up with the Legacy system? Or did you still need some additional assistance?
So we've been experiencing several weird issues that don't seem to be on the list of known issues with the updated dynamic lighting. The biggest issue I'm running into beyond some players being able to see through walls as if they aren't there actually has something to do with tokens and moving them. Occasionally, for whatever reason, when a token is moved it'll remove every players vision from all of their tokens. I have a pair of examples images below as to what it looks like when this happens from a player named Kilyn who captured it for me. This is what they saw prior to us moving some tokens around up into the northern hallway. Strangely, as soon as the token marked Lemon moved onto the Hlynn character token, this is what the player's vision turned into. We have no idea what's causing this but it effects ALL players and all tokens every time it happens. If you move a token vision returns to it, but until you do all tokens act like they simply don't have vision. It isn't anything that makes the game unplayable, but it is incredibly annoying to have to move character tokens repeatedly to get vision back. The worst part is we can't even re-create the issue intentionally. We tried for almost 15 minutes to get it to happen but couldn't, but then once we prepared to move forward it suddenly happened with no warning. As a disclaimer, it doesn't seem to matter what browser is being used. It happens to all players and some of them use Chrome but others use Mozilla. For information involving the map, the map dimensions are 57x57 so we don't think it's because of the size of the map.
What you were trying to do: Moving tokens on a map with just Legacy Dynamic Lighting enabled. This same map's lighting worked correctly ~3 weeks ago. What happened: &nbsp;Random areas of the map remain, not only dark to the token when they should be revealed, but presenting problematic impassable regions as if phantom dynamic lighting lines are in place. Dynamic Light Lines visible in Blue and Orange Problematic regions from player token view (Ctrl+L) Steps to Reproduce: Cleared problematic regions of all dynamic lighting lines. After redrawing lines, new random regions become problematic. Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome 81.0.4044.122&nbsp; Windows 10 Is WebGL supported by your browser? Yes Game Link: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5897745/sw5e-saber-funk" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5897745/sw5e-saber-funk</a> &nbsp;Apartment Building map Game Settings Sheet settings only Map Settings Legacy Token Settings Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: On

Edited 1587809667
Stephen D
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi! I haven't used the updated lighting system on the live server but I have noticed that roll20's site performance has vastly decreased since the new update dropped. It literally is unusable most of the time once players connect; it's fine with just me logged on as DM, though I am experiencing perceptible lag even then. Is there some part of the update that is affecting the general site because something is very very wrong with the roll20 site for me? Are others experiencing this? Player tokens don't update for tens of seconds, maps that loaded in seconds before the update now take minutes or even in one case 30 mins to load properly, music glitches out (probably because of the failure of the page to load properly), and I also cannot open my marketplace purchases properly, they just show the loading icon. This last problem might be something Roll20 need to look into because I have alot of marketplace purchases (well over 450) and I think loading them is somehow causing problems whereas before it was seamless. I am using Firefox, my games have all recently been copied (since the problem started), Firefox is running OpenGL and hardware acceleration is enabled. I also have a 1950X threadripper processor, 64GB of RAM and a 1080Ti GTX card with 11GB of VRAM, plus my internet speed is usually 100-200 MBp/s. I also update all my drivers and windows on a weekly basis and do a biweekly Windows 10 clean and am not expericing issues with any other site or program.
Ken said: Made several maps using the Legacy Ad Lighting and now none of them appear to load.&nbsp; Im just getting a black screen.&nbsp; Also when I try to create a new map using the Legacy Ad Lighting NOTHING seems to be working correctly.&nbsp; I recently signed up as Plus for a whole year and this is just making me regret it. Hey Ken -&nbsp; Were you still having the same issues now? If so, can you please provide me a link to one of the games that are still having trouble, please? Thanks in advance for your patience!
Rebecca W. said: I didn't see this listed among the known bugs, but has anyone else had problems with the "restrict movement" feature since the update?&nbsp; It works most of the time (but not all of the time) on legacy dynamic lighting, but doesn't seem to work much at all on updated dynamic lighting.&nbsp;&nbsp; Hey&nbsp;Rebecca W. -&nbsp; Have you still noticed issues with this? If so, can you please provide me a link to a game and the name of the page which you had troubles, please?
Shawn M. said: Has UDL been turned off?&nbsp; It was working during my session last night and now when I go into my game settings the option is completely gone.&nbsp; Likewise, if I edit a token's properties in game, the UDL options are missing. All that is available is legacy lighting. Hey Shawn M. -&nbsp; Were you still having trouble with this? If so, can you please provide me a link to the game in which you noticed this with, please? We'll definitely further investigate to see what might be going on.
Josh M. said: I bought the Waterdeep Dungeon of the Mad Mage for the maps with dynamic lighting. It worked great until this update. Now the lighting doesn't work at all. Some players cannot see anything that should be able to, some see way more than they should be able to. I can't adjust what emits light nor how much, and none of my monster tokens are showing up for people. Some of them can't even see each other (and can only see their token, maybe some of the map). I either have to completely restart the map and repopulate it (I didn't buy the pre-populated map, and while I didn't mind filling it in, I don't want to spend the hours to do it again). Any ideas on what I can do or do I just need to try restarting all again? Hi&nbsp;Josh M.&nbsp; - Can you please provide me a link to the game? We definitely want to investigate to see what might be going on. Thank you!
Hey folks -&nbsp; We recently put out a fix that addressed issues with switching between measurement unit types in tokens with UDL. Please let us know if you run into any other issues with this. Thanks!
Hi there, Since this new update, I've tried to restore the DL on my maps, but it goes completely black with no vision at all even with night vision or with a emitting lighting source. Please help. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6002167/adventures-into-torran" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6002167/adventures-into-torran</a>
DXWarlock said: Trying out the new dynamic lighting. If I give a token sight. I cannot drop the token when moving it anywhere other than where it was to start. It physically will not leave my mouse pointer no matter how I click, its stuck to my pointer (the first movement is me trying to place it..). In the recording it looks like it drops a few times, that just when I click to TRY to drop it, it pause but then snaps back to my mouse. I disable "Vision" and it drops normally. At first I didn't even realize I could drop it back where I picked it up from, I had to refresh the page to get it unglued from my mouse. Hey&nbsp;DXWarlock - Have you seen this occur again since this report? We've been having a hard time replicating this issue unfortunately.&nbsp;
Giuseppe R. said: Hi! Is it possible to reset a already explored map? Hey&nbsp;Giuseppe R. -&nbsp; Yep! You should be able to do so by using the Reset Fog &nbsp;button which located in the Fog section of the Toolbar.
Craig said: Are there any plans to update the sight radius to be more discernible? Right now, the sight radius is shown with the grid lines actual color and anything previously explored is "lightly greyed out". Aside from enemy tokens disappearing at the appropriate distance, it's really hard to discern exactly where the character's vision ends. Hi Craig -&nbsp; We're definitely exploring options within this feature that handle additional use cases and visual needs, so hang tight. Thanks for checking in!
Gustavo Silvério R. said: Hi, thanks for all the replies and for working on this amazing platform, i really enjoy all the work you guys are putting in it, and just wanted to say Thank You.&nbsp; Furthermore, i would like to propose that you guys create a one-sided barrier, so we could use it on ledges and high ground, making a player still able to see what is behind it, but not in front of it. I've been working on some mountain passes, and if one player wants to be at a high ground, he should be able to see what is in low ground, and deleting the wall would make the players still in low ground able to see on high ground.&nbsp; Don't know if more people would use this as well, but it would reeeally make things easier on multi-level dungeons and maps.&nbsp; Thanks again for your awesome work, still waiting for "UPDATE ON DROP" on the updated dynamic lighting! Hello Gustavo Silvério R. - As for the one-side barrier idea, this is something we might explore later on, but it does not fit in the current scope of A New Light’s goal to match Legacy Dynamic Lighting. Make sure to leave some feedback on that in the Suggestion Forum though ! In regards to Update on Drop, this is a known issue and will be addressed before we sunset the Legacy lighting system. Thanks for reaching out! :)
Adam said: This is a feature request and since this is a generic thread about the updated dynamic lighting I would really&nbsp;love a way to break up Vision Blocking Layer lines so when my barbarian inevitably barges through an interior wall rather than&nbsp; using a door I, as the GM, can insert a line segment that can be deleted in order to not have to delete the whole wall and/or not having to make each grid unit a discrete section of VBL line. Heya Adam -&nbsp; This sounds awesome and is definitely something we might explore later down the road, but it does not fit in our current scope of matching Legacy Dynamic Lighting. If you get a chance, please make sure to leave some additional feedback for this idea in our Suggestion Forum as well! :)
Hey Hidde V. -&nbsp; For what you mentioned here , have you seen it occur again? If so, have you been able to pinpoint anything else that might be triggering the issue? We've been having a hard time getting this reproduced. Thanks in advance for your patience and assistance!&nbsp;
Hayden said: Just a curiosity question as i pop in here every now and again to see what is doing with light. Will the points in post 2 of the thread be updated with Resolved Date etc .. or do we look to patch notes in the other subforum? Hey Hayden -&nbsp; Whichever is easier for you! We're posting the main patch notes to the Announcement Forums, but we also update the known issues list by crossing out items that were fixed and adding a "fix" date. Thanks for reaching out!

Edited 1587842272
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey Laura -&nbsp; For what you mentioned here , would you mind actually providing a full bug report, as seen here , please? The additional information allows us to best pinpoint what exactly is going on or going wrong. Thank you!
Hi&nbsp;Senwyn -&nbsp; For your report here , I just wanted to confirm that this is a known issue and we will be implementing this feature before we sunset the old system. Thanks for the feedback!
Rebecca W. said: What you were trying to do: Run a D&amp;D 5e game on a purchased module (Karaktul Outpost from the Adventure Atlas), with pre-done dynamic lighting on the legacy DL system. What happened: &nbsp;Multiple players could see their token, and one or two tokens of others in the party, but not all tokens.&nbsp; It seemed random which ones appeared and which ones did not.&nbsp; For two players, simply refreshing their browser worked.&nbsp; For one, multiple refreshes did not work and they had to rely on screen shots taken by another player and sent to them via Discord to know where their allies were in combat. Steps to Reproduce: As DM on a map with pre-done dynamic lighting and character tokens that were on the map prior to the update, load the VTT and have the players join.&nbsp; Several had vision issues; have them try refreshing their browser.&nbsp; For at least one player, the issues persisted after refresh. Browser / OS: Chrome, Windows 10 (both on my machine and my player's machine who had the persistent issues even after refreshing her browser and restarting her PC) WebGL: Yes, on both machines. Game Link:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3867641/alfreds-angels" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3867641/alfreds-angels</a> Map Settings: Legacy Dynamic Lighting with no AFOW, update only on drop and restrict movement, with no global illumination (torches on the map) Token Settings: Several tokens (including those of the player who had issues) have dark vision (they have sight and emit light to 60 ft starting dim at 0 ft, but other players do not see the light they emit).&nbsp; A couple tokens do not have dark vision.&nbsp; The NPC / enemy tokens do not have vision nor do they emit light (I turn those off for performance).&nbsp;&nbsp; Hardware Acceleration: I have it turned on; I don't know if my players do or not. Hey Rebecca W. -&nbsp; Have you noticed this issue still occurring? If so, can you tell me how often it seems to happen, please? Also, what days do you play the games which this occurred? I'm wondering if it is correlated to our increased user counts during peak usage hours of the platform.

Edited 1587843274
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Richard B. said: Another voice amongst many Long time paid user of Roll20 here. The new lighting system looks awful on my PC. This is fine, I understand you are working on it so no big-deal. However, the legacy system is no longer working..... This IS a big deal. Following errors (there may be more) 1) External light sources no longer provide light for PCs. EG: A bonfire in the middle of the camp-site or a lit-torch. They simply do nothing. This was working before the recent changes. 2) When using CTRL-L, PCs can now see tokens on the GM layer. I am not confident that PCs will not see items on the GM layer when we come to play. I've just wasted 2 hours of valuable prep time trying to get a map working when the issue is a straight server error. I understand that bugs creep out during software development, I work in software development myself. However, this is a live system that subscribers pay to use. You really need to roll back your recent release to make sure that the legacy system is working. I would be grateful if you could address this ASAP. Thanks Richard (frustated DM) Hey&nbsp;Richard B. -&nbsp; Just wanted to follow up here - is the legacy system now working as expected for you? If not, can you provide me a link to a game which is having trouble, please?&nbsp;
Hey folks -&nbsp; For those who have reported strange issues occurring with zooming out via browser zoom, we have logged it in the known issues list . Thanks for the reports!
Hey Senwyn -&nbsp; For your report here , after I inspected the game, it appears that the page in question was actually using the legacy system. Do you happen to notice this same behavior on a page with the new system as well?
Paul M. said: The light from bright light, low light, and players with darkvision caused all kinds of crazy. Picture below is me, looking through Inigo, and confirmed by him that is what he was seeing. All my players were having issues not being able to see where they should. I got rid of the dim light and it sort of fixed the problem but there was still a gray halo around the bright light. When people moved their token other players screens would go completely gray or black. Wiggling their token would sometimes fix it but it was only about 50% effective. Also, loading takes forever when you even have 1 map set with the new lighting. Took it off... loaded super fast as per usual. * Note - Inigo has darkvision... set to 60. *Note 2 - The ball was giving out 20/20. Hey&nbsp;Paul M. -&nbsp; Would you mind providing me a link to this game, please? That will allow me to most easily get this reproduced and logged. Thank you!
Maxime H. said: Hi,&nbsp; I am a new DM and I just subcribe to have the dynamic lighting. But, when I have a look of what the players see...It's all grey and I do not see the players tokens. Can you help please? Hi&nbsp;Maxime H. -&nbsp; We can certainly take a look! Would you mind providing me a link to the game in question, please? We'll pop in and see what might be going on.
Steven said: Hi, so we're also having trouble with the OLD AFOW since this week. Last week on wednesday everything was working as expected with DL and AFOW. But as we played our game this week on wednesday my players noticed that line of sight / DL works as expected, but newly discovered areas are hidden again once characters leave, while areas discovered last week are still visible (in b/w). Could this be due to this update? Hey Steven -&nbsp; Could you provide me a link to the game in question as well as the page name, please? We'll certainly look at it to see if anything comes up.
Smithers said: Last Nights Game Party of 5, Plus account, new dynamic light on, LOS and restrict&nbsp;movement on , all have dark vision. GM can see 4 out five character tokens, but one is missing.&nbsp;&nbsp; Missing token character,&nbsp; player can see the this token and move it. This player can see all token characters, monsters and map,&nbsp; Player can ping map All other players can see each other, map and monsters tokens other than the character token the GM cannot see. Player has tried this on Mac and Windows Laptop. Character is assigned on other maps, and can be seen my GM,&nbsp; GM move, Ctrl + L and LOS and vision of character token Hey Smithers -&nbsp; Can you provide me a link to the game in question, please? We'll definitely further investigate to see what might be going on.
Hey (DM) RH -&nbsp; For what you mentioned here , this is not necessarily a bug per-say, but rather how we are currently handling those use cases. However, we are aware it doesn't quite capture the desired behavior, so we're definitely looking at how we can adjust to better match your expectations. Thanks for checking in!
Hit Squad DM said: Played last night with our group for the first time since the new DL was enabled.&nbsp; I wasnt tracking there was a new set up and didn't see until about 2 hours before our games was to start.&nbsp; The party was going to a new map so to simplify things I turned on the dynamic lighting, the Explorer mode and the daylight mode.&nbsp; I figured until I could figure out how to set each token up it was the quickest path to playing. There were 6 people plus me the DM.&nbsp; There various platforms being used between them.&nbsp; Desktops, laptops and even a Surface.&nbsp; Different browsers also.&nbsp; About 90 min into the session, one of the players said, "Hey I can see the whole map now!"&nbsp; I had them all reload the page and the monster tokens were gone, but the underlying map layer was still there as if they had been there and now the fog of war was back.&nbsp; I then reset the fog of war and they again could only see where they were at the time.&nbsp; I then moved all of the tokens to the various rooms they had been in to reset there fog of war view.&nbsp; about 2 hours later the same thing happened, the whole map was revealed as if they were the DM. Sorry I dont have screen grabs or anything, it was all player view gliches so I didnt know there was an issue till they told me.&nbsp; Our next session is Monday and I will gather more info when it happens again. We were playing D&amp;D the adventure was against the giants and we were on the Steading Dungeon map.&nbsp; Looking more there are obvious issues the way the explorer areas render on the map, the west and north swipe of the map are shown the the players in explorer mode,&nbsp; these are all in the rock so its not an issue, just looks funny to the players on their map. Thanks! BC Hey&nbsp;Hit Squad DM - Would you mind providing me a link to the game that is happened with, please? Also, I know it might be a longshot, but if you get the chance, w ould you mind providing a Console Log from the moment you logged into the page till when you encountered the issue, please? Directions for providing a console log in Chrome can be seen here: <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040673774" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040673774</a> . The directions for Firefox are described here: <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040673814" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040673814</a> .
Startraphell T. said: I am not sure this one is written down yet, but when I turn on dynamic lighting on a map that already exists, the players can see the whole map, just greyed out. Additionally, on occasion, the screen will just turn black for some players when lighting is updated. Thank you for reading, and working hard! Hey&nbsp;Startraphell T.&nbsp; - Is there any way you could fill out a full bug report for these issues, please? The full report allows us to understand these kinds of problems much faster and better. Thank you!
Me M. said: I also had this issue with a player using a Chromebook. Everything was normal and then the user was able to see the entire map for some reason. The only thing that I noticed was that the player's token was near the DL border. Sorry I don't have more details, but my players were running from a dragon that had more of their attention than the map bug. Thanks! Hey Me M. -&nbsp; Would you mind filling out the rest of the bug report template for this particular issue, if possible, please? It allows us to solve these issues a lot more efficiently. Thank you in advance for your patience and assistance here!
andrew p. said: When a token with Night Vision is at the edge of a lit area, there is a gradient at the edge of the lit area before the night vision begins. Hi! This is currently on the to-do list of bugs. This is a crazy thought, but is it possible to somehow preserve the current behaviour as an option once it's fixed? It's actually how the Devil's Sight warlock invocation in 5e is supposed to function, and is not possible to represent with Legacy lighting: you have perfect, bright vision in total darkness, but you only see dim light in dim light. That currently (buggy) gradient effect where dim light makes your darkvision WORSE is actually precisely how Crawford has RAI'd the Devil's Sight ability . Edge case, I know, and probably not suitable for a button all to itself, but it'd be cool if it could still somehow be preserved. Thanks! Hey&nbsp;andrew p. -&nbsp; We're definitely trying to figure out a way to implement that functionality so it addresses as many use cases as possible. We'll let you know when we're ready to show off how we've updated it. Thanks for checking in!
Jussi S. said: What you were trying to do: Playing D&amp;D 5e Baldur's Gate Descent into Avernus. Using the Low Lantern battle map. Set the new dynamic lighting on along with explorer mode and daylight mode. Updated all tokens to work properly. What happened: One of my players, and only one of them, reported that he lost all sight, everything went dark. This happened several times. It was easily fixed by me (the DM) moving his token back and forth, whereafter he got sight back as usually. This occurred when he simply sat and waited. He did not disconnect, but did mention that he had an unstable/slow internet. We will keep an eye on this bug, and if it happens again, I will try to fill out the rest of this bug report and reproduce the error. The following is all the information I have at this moment. Steps to Reproduce: Unknown Browser &amp; OS info: Unknown Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Using Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Explorer Mode Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Daylight Mode Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Only token vision was on. The rest was off. Hey&nbsp;Jussi S. -&nbsp; Just wanted to check in here - have you ran a new session since then and, if so, was your group experiencing the same issues?
Jim C. said: Tried this and Control L still reveals entire map. This is in game with no players just characters that I as DM control if that makes a difference.&nbsp; Other than that I can see an improvement in the actual vision each different type of character has.&nbsp; Google Chrome Explorers Guide to Wildemount Adventure Preview Hey Jim C. -&nbsp; Can you provide me a link to the game in question and the name of the page this occurred with, please? We'll definitely further investigate. Thanks for the report!
John S. said: i have moments where I truly hate your interface. Really. Really. Hate your interface. It is the single most counterintuiitive thing I have eve had to contend with. My players can all see the map. I cannot. What I do--they cannot see. What they do I cannot see. Any solutions would be appreciated as I am paying to use this site.heres a suggestion. A bright big reset defaults button in case I manage to hit the wrong thing and lose an entires nights game., Hey&nbsp;John S. -&nbsp; Can you provide me a link to the game in which this has been occurring, please? We'll certainly take a look to see what might be going on.
tekbart said: Worst update ever, whenever someone in my party moves the screen turns black until i move my token. This is happening to everyone in our game.&nbsp; What happens to me is that my "vision" moves to a part of the game i am not supposed to see to the left top corner of the map when this happens sometimes. Hey&nbsp;tekbart -&nbsp; Would you mind providing me a link to the game in question, please? We'll take a look to see if anything stands out as causing issues.