Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A New Light - Bug Thread - Updated Dynamic Lighting and Fog of War

Edited 1587323831
What you were trying to do: Move a token or focus ping What happened: &nbsp;Sometimes I (GM) either forced camera movement (Shift + Hold Left Click) or I moved an NPC sometimes the map for players and myself would turn black like the map was unexplored. For me, it would dim to the DM Darkness Opacity. It didn't happen to everyone at the same time, it might happen to just one person or two people. If we refreshed the page it was fixed Steps to Reproduce:&nbsp; Someone just moves a token or GM does a focus ping Game Link: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6479733/new-to-dandd-lost-mine-of-phandelver" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6479733/new-to-dandd-lost-mine-of-phandelver</a> Game Settings Only default sheet settings. Roll Queries - Advantage Toggle, Ammo Tracking - on Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Yes Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Yes Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? Regular Vision and Dark Vision (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system:&nbsp; On
Startraphell T. said: I am not sure this one is written down yet, but when I turn on dynamic lighting on a map that already exists, the players can see the whole map, just greyed out. Additionally, on occasion, the screen will just turn black for some players when lighting is updated. Thank you for reading, and working hard! Hi Startraphell, Was this game created before the Updated Dynamic Lightning release or after? And would you mind filling out the Bug Report Template so we can investigate further? Please, please please report any issues you experience with this feature! Here's the information we'll need from you. Please copy/paste and fill this in as much as possible: What you were trying to do: What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) Steps to Reproduce: Browser &amp; OS info: Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Speedtest Results Upload, Download, and Ping values. Console Log
Hey Casual Terror, We were unable to reproduce this issue , could you give us more information? Perhaps some screenshots of your UDL settings and a console log?&nbsp;
yes!
What you were trying to do: I was trying to set up the new dynamic system on a new map for a game.I imported a map I'd made outside of roll20 on the map layer. (I maybe used the old dynamic system once? new game and new map since the system was introduced for sure) Looked up the tutorial documents, started filling in light blocking spaces, got the hang of the system. Added a random token and gave it light and vision to check how it looked, tried Ctrl-L, everything went fine. Had my lights set up, everything looked good. Then I dragged a player token out of the character sheet pane to try and set that up. Wanted to try the blocking lines or whatever, so I put that on too. What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) As soon as I added the player token, roll20 froze. Restarting the browser, logging in and out, trying to switch maps, always ends up unusable. Sometimes I can get out to one of my other maps in the campaign, sometimes not. If I go back to the map I was working on, I can't select tokens, change layers (to see dynamic lighting blockers or whatever), or anything. I can't even scroll the map! Steps to Reproduce: I have no idea, but it sucks that the map is all broken! I was prepping for my game tomorrow and I was so excited to try out the new features in a stealthy dungeon! Now this might mean I can't run at all, I don't have enough time to set this all up again! Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome&nbsp; 80.0.3987.163 on Windows 10 1909. Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D9 Major Performance Caveat: No Uni Supported Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query EXT_float_blend EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_sRGB KHR_parallel_shader_compile OES_element_index_uint OES_fbo_render_mipmap OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6030569/those-who-harp" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6030569/those-who-harp</a> (The map having trouble is the Garagos Temple one.) Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Using the Pathfinder 2e official sheet, maybe? Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Updated, Explorer Mode. Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) The NPC token on the left has bright light and low light and some sort of vision. I hadn't done anything to the other one, I didn't have an opportunity to even try. Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: It's turned on.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When a token with Night Vision is at the edge of a lit area, there is a gradient at the edge of the lit area before the night vision begins. Hi! This is currently on the to-do list of bugs. This is a crazy thought, but is it possible to somehow preserve the current behaviour as an option once it's fixed? It's actually how the Devil's Sight warlock invocation in 5e is supposed to function, and is not possible to represent with Legacy lighting: you have perfect, bright vision in total darkness, but you only see dim light in dim light. That currently (buggy) gradient effect where dim light makes your darkvision WORSE is actually precisely how Crawford has RAI'd the Devil's Sight ability . Edge case, I know, and probably not suitable for a button all to itself, but it'd be cool if it could still somehow be preserved. Thanks!
Just wanted to note that my players, 4 of them, could wander around the map but my gpu as the gm was ready to melt through the floor. I had to force close roll20 to get control of my computer back. I didn't see my problem (Massive GPU overload) On the list so wanted to note it.
What you were trying to do: Play the game using the new lighting features. What happened: &nbsp; Various Players and myself (Gamehost/DM), experience extremely slow page updating, unresponsive pages, and massive slowdowns using the new lighting. Additional bugs:&nbsp; Dynamic lighting randomly ceasing to function resulting in complete darkness. Steps to Reproduce: Simply playing the game using the new Beta Lighting. Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome (Most Recent Version)&nbsp; Windows 10. Map Settings Updated Explore Disabled Daylight Disabled Token Settings bright light, low light, night vision Switching to Legacy fixed ALL the issues.
I am a GM and we experienced identical issues tonight (4/19/20). I was forced to disable the new dynamic lighting for my map after a half hour of delay caused by these same issues. Disabling the dynamic lighting removed an hour and a half of work on the lighting and made a major encounter super easy because everything was just revealed.&nbsp; Kyle S. said: What you were trying to do: Play the game using the new lighting features. What happened: &nbsp; Various Players and myself (Gamehost/DM), experience extremely slow page updating, unresponsive pages, and massive slowdowns using the new lighting. Additional bugs:&nbsp; Dynamic lighting randomly ceasing to function resulting in complete darkness. Steps to Reproduce: Simply playing the game using the new Beta Lighting. Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome (Most Recent Version)&nbsp; Windows 10. Map Settings Updated Explore Disabled Daylight Disabled Token Settings bright light, low light, night vision Switching to Legacy fixed ALL the issues.
We are currently playing with it and have NUMEROUS issues. Players projecting light ALSO project their dim light. Tokens set with Night vision can actually see the dim light causing the players that cast light to have a halo of darkness cast around them at the end of their light range. Also on many occasions&nbsp; moving a token causes the entire light layer to be exposed until randomly fixing itself. Clearly there are several bugs in the system that still need worked out. I believe our group will be going back to legacy settings if possible until its ironed out.

Edited 1587386184
My players can now see all tokens in the GM layer - nice.... This should be rolled back immidiately...
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Aaro E. said: My players can now see all tokens in the GM layer - nice.... This should be rolled back immidiately... Hello Aaro E.-&nbsp; I was testing this, but I'm unable to reproduce. As the GM, I can still see items (in a translucent state) on the GM Layer with Control+L, like the Legacy lighting system. But as a Player, things on the GM layer are hidden. Can you point me to the Game (even just the name of the game) and Page where you had this problem?
I'm a fairly new Pro subscriber.&nbsp; I've been enjoying Roll20 to run my games for a few months now. I use a few APIs- TokenMod, GroupInitiative, Torch, 5e OGL Companion.&nbsp; I've run 3 games since this last update.&nbsp; They've all been a glitchy trainwreck.&nbsp; Players seeing two of their own tokens- one of which I can't see.&nbsp; Completely broke their 5e character sheet.&nbsp; Initiative not loading properly. Dragging items from Compendium doesn't work. Last night, one of my players could see the ENTIRE map when loading a new dungeon with dynamic lighting.&nbsp; Tokens.&nbsp; Secret doors.&nbsp; Traps.&nbsp; The while thing.&nbsp; It was an 11 year old kid.&nbsp; How do you think the meta-gaming went with that? Some of these problems resolve when I tell my players mid-game to log off, download Firefox and use that instead of Chrome.&nbsp; Wasting my time and especially theirs.&nbsp; And please don't post "Can you give us specifics on what is happening so we can address them?"&nbsp; The bottom line is your product worked fine 2 weeks ago.&nbsp; Now it doesn't work very well.&nbsp; I changed nothing.&nbsp; You changed everything. And by the way-- the new dynamic lighting tools DON'T EVEN WORK.&nbsp; Nothing when I activate them.&nbsp; Nothing.&nbsp; They look like a shiny new placeholder for "someday in the future."&nbsp; A placeholder that broke the client. Why did you do this?&nbsp; Serioulsly, why?&nbsp; You rushed out a new system that doesn't even work and in doing so harmed the gameplay of so many people.&nbsp; Was it for testing purposes?&nbsp; Then test it on people who want to test it.&nbsp; It's ridiculous that you pushed this out. I had a thought for the first time yesterday after a frustrating session of glitches and having to scramble for answers while reducing my players emerson into their D&amp;D experience.&nbsp; You know what the thought was?&nbsp; "I wonder how Fantasy Grounds is?" You are a business.&nbsp; Suddenly your product sucks.&nbsp; As a new customer, I have short patience.
I want to come her and rant too, but can see everyone else has already done so, so I'll save my breath. Please fix this as soon as you can!&nbsp;
What you were trying to do: Playing D&amp;D 5e Baldur's Gate Descent into Avernus. Using the Low Lantern battle map. Set the new dynamic lighting on along with explorer mode and daylight mode. Updated all tokens to work properly. What happened: One of my players, and only one of them, reported that he lost all sight, everything went dark. This happened several times. It was easily fixed by me (the DM) moving his token back and forth, whereafter he got sight back as usually. This occurred when he simply sat and waited. He did not disconnect, but did mention that he had an unstable/slow internet. We will keep an eye on this bug, and if it happens again, I will try to fill out the rest of this bug report and reproduce the error. The following is all the information I have at this moment. Steps to Reproduce: Unknown Browser &amp; OS info: Unknown Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Using Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Explorer Mode Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Daylight Mode Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Only token vision was on. The rest was off.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, all. This morning, we pushed some updates to A New Light: In Updated Dynamic Lighting, when players reveal areas (by moving a token, for example), it is updated for the GM in real-time and vice versa. This change moves the system closer to parity with Legacy Dynamic Lighting features and fixes some existing issues, such as: Using CTRL-L with Updated Dynamic Lighting no longer&nbsp;shows everything that's been revealed by anyone since the GM logged in. Additionally, we fixed a couple of issues with Updated Dynamic Lighting: Using Clear Fog twice stopped working The Default Token Settings for Updated Dynamic Lighting were not being applied correctly. The Known Issues list at the top of this thread has been updated.
Tried switching to the new lighting. Big mistake. Caused multiple players chrome to crash. One player could see through walls and the entire map. Anyone left idle for 10 seconds looses all range of view down to 1 meter. Game seemed to have massive lag issues.&nbsp; Switched back to the old lighting system. This system is far from ready for use. The old system thankfully is still up.&nbsp; I wouldn't recommend adopting the new system unless you are prepared to assist in the debugging of the new system....
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
keil m. said: I wouldn't recommend adopting the new system unless you are prepared to assist in the debugging of the new system.... UDL do contain a warning note on both the Page Settings &amp; Token Settings, which explicitly mentioning this...
Weird triangle appears in the upper left corner of all maps with lighting layers.&nbsp; Character on left torch. Character on right has nightvision.
Stephanie B. said: Hi, all. This morning, we pushed some updates to A New Light: In Updated Dynamic Lighting, when players reveal areas (by moving a token, for example), it is updated for the GM in real-time and vice versa. This change moves the system closer to parity with Legacy Dynamic Lighting features and fixes some existing issues, such as: Using CTRL-L with Updated Dynamic Lighting no longer&nbsp;shows everything that's been revealed by anyone since the GM logged in. Additionally, we fixed a couple of issues with Updated Dynamic Lighting: Using Clear Fog twice stopped working The Default Token Settings for Updated Dynamic Lighting were not being applied correctly. The Known Issues list at the top of this thread has been updated. This update fixed a lot of the problems I had experienced.&nbsp; Congrats - the new options are so much easier to understand and use than in the legacy version. The new system isn't quite to where I would use it yet in a real game, but wanted to thank all of you for developing this new system. Looking forward to switching to it in the coming months!
Tried this and Control L still reveals entire map. This is in game with no players just characters that I as DM control if that makes a difference.&nbsp; Other than that I can see an improvement in the actual vision each different type of character has.&nbsp; Google Chrome Explorers Guide to Wildemount Adventure Preview

Edited 1587501119
Popped in to say the latest update seems to have done something horrible to the new dynamic lighting, I'm running the Relic game from Cyborgprime Games, in last week's session the new dynamic lighting worked fine.&nbsp; Problems experienced this week; very sluggish movement of tokens (both by players and GM) some players can see all the map - with the same settings last week their view was limited as expected. any movement of tokens is maxing out the GPU causing some players to lose control their token or their browser to just hang. One player found his machine hung displaying 'Loading...' while trying to enter the game. (GM's machine is an 4-core <a href="mailto:I7-4790@3.6GHz" rel="nofollow">I7-4790@3.6GHz</a> , 16Gb memory, graphics is the Intel HD Graphics 4600 - nothing special, but was perfectly usable last week)
Not a big fan of the new Dynamic Lighting. Far too many glitches for my liking. The changes are not even worth the drawbacks in my book. I'm honestly really not happy with this new "update" as I'm finding it distracting when dynamic lighting is supposed to draw my players in. I'd like to see this fixed sooner rather than later.&nbsp;

Edited 1587512632
So I already posted on page 4 about performance issues with the new dynamic lighting. Any update on the terrible performance that GMs are experiencing from using it? My CPU jumps to 100% and the site becomes unresponsive for a good minute or so when a player does anything on the map. I made sure my browser was using my GPU and other changes to improve performance but it doesn't help. I am able to run some of the latest games on ultra high settings so its not my video card.&nbsp; We tried again last night in one of my campaigns and ditched the update dynamic lighting again after 5 minutes.&nbsp; Any update on performance improvements would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp;
What you were trying to do: Enable "Explorer Mode" in Dynamic Lighting What happened: &nbsp; As soon as I enable Explorer Mode, the entire game will freeze. As a GM, I am unable to interact with any tokens, move around the map, or even adjust the map's scale. The error continues until I turn off Explorer Mode and restart the game. I have not tested this bug out with players in the game, so I do not know if it effects them in any way, but there's no way to run a game if I can't interact with my map. Steps to Reproduce: On any map, enable Dynamic Lighting and Explorer Mode. Browser &amp; OS info: Google Chrome, Microsoft Windows 10 Is WebGL supported by your browser? Yes Game Settings All settings currently at default. Map Settings Dynamic Lighting Explorer Mode. I have tested with and without Daylight on, that makes no difference. Token Settings All tokens are player owned and have nightvision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: On
i have moments where I truly hate your interface. Really. Really. Hate your interface. It is the single most counterintuiitive thing I have eve had to contend with. My players can all see the map. I cannot. What I do--they cannot see. What they do I cannot see. Any solutions would be appreciated as I am paying to use this site.heres a suggestion. A bright big reset defaults button in case I manage to hit the wrong thing and lose an entires nights game.,
So on the legacy version i could set up 'night vision' in a way that was dim light. Is there a way to do this on the current system because when i give night vision it just registers as bright light which i don't like. It'd be much better to have duel system where night vision has bright and dim light options.
Bug Report Template So, I Dmed yeasterday with the new light system, that is a great improvement over the past one although in the end of this post I will recommend two new functionalities, but for the bug report. What you were trying to do: Play a game that went by multiple homebrew maps What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) I didn´t think of taking screenshots at the time, so I cannot reproduce the main bug, but I can show the secondary one One of the characters confiigurations, important to say, none of them has darkvision For the main and secondary bugs explanation I prepared everything with the new light system, and tested it before session, everything seemed fine, I could control+L the tokens, and they were seeing what they were supposed to see just fine in multiple maps. The session time comes and things start to become strange, as I control+L player characters that I had already tested before to verify a flaw on the new system, they are simple seeing nothing, but the players reports to me that they are seeing everything they are supposed to, so nothing wrong right? Just a bit weird. So about the first flaw I mentioned, for some reason, the corners of the map were always showing parts of it although the dynamic lighning lines should be closing any vision to the corners. Going on, after an hour of session, in a new map, players start reporting suddenly losing sight, they were just seeing, and as they moved their tokens, they are suddenly not seeing anything, all gray, like I was seeing when I tried to control + L them. I had to quickly switch back to the old light system, and that worked just fine. Steps to Reproduce: After preparing a whole map (With local, lamp tokens illumination - no global illumination or night vision), preparing the tokens, checking if everything is fine with control + L, get out of the roll20, wait for a time, and then comeback, it could happen that your characters won´t see the other tokens in front of them anymore, and the scenario will be show as explored, gray, but currently not having any light. Browser &amp; OS info: Windows 10 + Intel HD 4000 + New Microsoft Edge ( The chrome based one ) Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Yes... Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6746513/1953" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6746513/1953</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? No Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Updated with explorer mode Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Vision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Hardware acc., not sure how to check it, but believe it should be on since I can run much more intense games in this PC if I wanted to, I just manually switch to a dedicated card on these cases, an nvidia one. Speedtest Results Upload, Download, and Ping values. Right now internet here is being heavily used by four computers in home office with two of them connected in Microsoft Teams using the educational stream service from it, and mine is on a VPN, so take this as not the actual speed I had at night with everything else off. Down: 5.39 mpbs Up: 3.48 mbps and ping 11 Additional recommedantions I know this is not the place for new feature recommendation, but since we are already talking about the new light system, there two things I wish to recommend. I play Pathfinder 2e, in pathfinder 2e you have 3 actual levels of sight that really matter in the game, unlike 5e that in practice there are only 2 although it say it´s 3 levels. I recommend that you should have an option to say a character have only up to low-light vision, or that it has bright light vision only, like the option you have to say it has night vision, on pathfinder 2e it matters a lot to have this differentiation as I explained before. Second recommendation, as it is right now, if I want to take off a dynamic light from a door, I ahve to switch to the dynamic lightning screen, and more the drwaing off the door, if there could be an special feature for windows and doors easier to DMs to use, it would be great.
Nicholas said: Xeno said: Just an add-ons to the problem list and funny things that might help explain some of the behaviour. Some of it may or maynot be DL related. :) Hardware acceleration from Nvidia graphics card makes the game crash - turned off, no problem, just massive lag The colour of the Explorer mode is very hard to see in DOTMM Think its cool that tokens with nightvision shows where light sources ends. That makes it possible for a shadow monk to see where there is shadows. The bleeding trough the wall is massive, and sometimes the PC can make sections of the dungeon visible, and you have no way to reset the area because the tools is tired to the old system.&nbsp; Just massive lag when exploremode is active. My honest guess is the server capacity/PC capacity ratio. Massive oneway lag. When GM moves tokens it response quickly on the player PC, When the players move tokens the GM lags a lot Seems like the "servers" spins down when VTT is not used for a while. Everything lags when i get back to the VTT after making dinner, but after I "activated all tokens not much lag. just my 2 cent Keep at it!!! I love roll20. Hey Xeno -&nbsp; Would you mind providing us a report from&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;so we can review your graphics settings? We definitely want to investigate your report of hardware acceleration issues with your Nvidia card. sorry some of the text is white... &nbsp;This browser supports WebGL 1 Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.113 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce 930MX Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D9 Major Performance Caveat: No Vertex Shader Max Vertex Attributes: 16 Max Vertex Uniform Vectors: 4095 Max Vertex Texture Image Units: 16 Max Varying Vectors: 30 Best float precision: [-2 127 , 2 127 ] (23) Transform Feedback Coming in&nbsp; WebGL 2 Rasterizer Aliased Line Width Range: [1, 1] Aliased Point Size Range: [1, 1024] Fragment Shader Max Fragment Uniform Vectors: 1024 Max Texture Image Units: 16 float/int precision: highp/highp Best float precision: [-2 127 , 2 127 ] (23) Framebuffer Max Color Buffers: 8 RGBA Bits: [8, 8, 8, 8] Depth / Stencil Bits: [24, 8] Max Render Buffer Size: 16384 Max Viewport Dimensions: [32767, 32767] Textures Max Texture Size: 16384 Max Cube Map Texture Size: 16384 Max Combined Texture Image Units: 32 Max Anisotropy: 16 Uniform Buffers Coming in&nbsp; WebGL 2 Supported Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query EXT_float_blend EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_sRGB KHR_parallel_shader_compile OES_element_index_uint OES_fbo_render_mipmap OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context ✓ This browser supports WebGL 2 Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.113 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl2 GL Version: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce 930MX Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D9 Major Performance Caveat: No Vertex Shader Max Vertex Attributes: 16 Max Vertex Uniform Vectors: 4095 Max Vertex Texture Image Units: 16 Max Varying Vectors: 30 Best float precision: [-2 127 , 2 127 ] (23) Max Vertex Uniform Components: 16380 Max Vertex Uniform Blocks: 12 Max Vertex Output Components: 120 Max Varying Components: 120 Transform Feedback Max Interleaved Components: 120 Max Separate Attribs: 4 Max Separate Components: 4 Rasterizer Aliased Line Width Range: [1, 1] Aliased Point Size Range: [1, 1024] Fragment Shader Max Fragment Uniform Vectors: 1024 Max Texture Image Units: 16 float/int precision: highp/highp Best float precision: [-2 127 , 2 127 ] (23) Max Fragment Uniform Components: 4096 Max Fragment Uniform Blocks: 12 Max Fragment Input Components: 120 Min Program Texel Offset: -8 Max Program Texel Offset: 7 Framebuffer Max Draw Buffers: 8 Max Color Attachments: 8 Max Samples: 8 RGBA Bits: [8, 8, 8, 8] Depth / Stencil Bits: [24, 8] Max Render Buffer Size: 16384 Max Viewport Dimensions: [32767, 32767] Textures Max Texture Size: 16384 Max Cube Map Texture Size: 16384 Max Combined Texture Image Units: 32 Max Anisotropy: 16 Max 3D Texture Size: 2048 Max Array Texture Layers: 2048 Max Texture LOD Bias: 2 Uniform Buffers Max Uniform Buffer Bindings: 24 Max Uniform Block Size: 65536 Uniform Buffer Offset Alignment: 256 Max Combined Uniform Blocks: 24 Max Combined Vertex Uniform Components: 212988 Max Combined Fragment Uniform Components: 200704 Supported Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2 EXT_float_blend EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic KHR_parallel_shader_compile OES_texture_float_linear WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_lose_context OVR_multiview2 To see draft extensions in Chrome, browse to about:flags, enable the "Enable WebGL Draft Extensions" option, and relaunch. WebGL 2 &nbsp;Functions Implementation Status: 88 of 88 new functions implemented. copyBufferSubData getBufferSubData blitFramebuffer framebufferTextureLayer getInternalformatParameter invalidateFramebuffer invalidateSubFramebuffer readBuffer renderbufferStorageMultisample texStorage2D texStorage3D texImage3D texSubImage3D copyTexSubImage3D compressedTexImage3D compressedTexSubImage3D getFragDataLocation uniform1ui uniform2ui uniform3ui uniform4ui uniform1uiv uniform2uiv uniform3uiv uniform4uiv uniformMatrix2x3fv uniformMatrix3x2fv uniformMatrix2x4fv uniformMatrix4x2fv uniformMatrix3x4fv uniformMatrix4x3fv vertexAttribI4i vertexAttribI4iv vertexAttribI4ui vertexAttribI4uiv vertexAttribIPointer vertexAttribDivisor drawArraysInstanced drawElementsInstanced drawRangeElements drawBuffers clearBufferiv clearBufferuiv clearBufferfv clearBufferfi createQuery deleteQuery isQuery beginQuery endQuery getQuery getQueryParameter createSampler deleteSampler isSampler bindSampler samplerParameteri samplerParameterf getSamplerParameter fenceSync isSync deleteSync clientWaitSync waitSync getSyncParameter createTransformFeedback deleteTransformFeedback isTransformFeedback bindTransformFeedback beginTransformFeedback endTransformFeedback transformFeedbackVaryings getTransformFeedbackVarying pauseTransformFeedback resumeTransformFeedback bindBufferBase bindBufferRange getIndexedParameter getUniformIndices getActiveUniforms getUniformBlockIndex getActiveUniformBlockParameter getActiveUniformBlockName uniformBlockBinding createVertexArray deleteVertexArray isVertexArray bindVertexArray
Not a bug per se, but will tokens in the compendium (I.E. Fire Elementals) be updated so that they automatically use the new settings or will we have to change the settings for each token we drag on to the VTT?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe that once the new system is up to par with the old (it is not yet) and it has run for a while without significant issue, things will automagically change over.
Worst update ever, whenever someone in my party moves the screen turns black until i move my token. This is happening to everyone in our game.&nbsp; What happens to me is that my "vision" moves to a part of the game i am not supposed to see to the left top corner of the map when this happens sometimes.
keithcurtis said: I believe that once the new system is up to par with the old (it is not yet) and it has run for a while without significant issue, things will automagically change over. automagically - best word ever :)
What you were trying to do:&nbsp; &nbsp;Play Dungeon of the Mad Mage What happened: &nbsp;Browser began to stall and than crashed. Steps to Reproduce: &nbsp;Activate new lighting on a big (70+ squares) map with tokens and everything and track more than 5 seeing tokens at the same time. Browser &amp; OS info: &nbsp;Chrome and Windows 10. Fully updated. Is WebGL supported by your browser?&nbsp; Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.122 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D9 Major Performance Caveat: No ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query EXT_float_blend EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_sRGB KHR_parallel_shader_compile OES_element_index_uint OES_fbo_render_mipmap OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context Game Link: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4222041/sabres-dungeon-of-the-mad-mage" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4222041/sabres-dungeon-of-the-mad-mage</a> Game Settings: &nbsp;I activated the new light system with explorer mode. Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated. Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Yes. Were you using Daylight Mode or not? No. Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? The regular setup for night vision with the new system. Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: &nbsp;On.
Is there a way to actually make D&amp;D 5e darkvision. Low light to bright light, Darkness to Dim, and only visible to the player with these settings?

Edited 1587653344
What you were trying to do: Using the new Lighting with Explorer Mode What happened: &nbsp; One of our players was unable to see any of the tokens on his screen.&nbsp; I added a new one and he could see that, so I had him flush his cache and reload and all tokens were gone when he reloaded.&nbsp; He could click on his token and move it but there wasn't any visual update on his screen besides the token circles moving.&nbsp; He ended up switching from Chrome to Firefox on a different laptop and we got through the session.&nbsp; While preparing for this week's session I've been able to recreate the issue on the GM side to a T.&nbsp; You can see in the screen shot that I've moved Musharib 3 squares to the right, but no updates.&nbsp; If I disable Explorer Mode and refresh it works as expected.&nbsp; Possibly related to the size/complexity of the map?&nbsp; I tried to recreate it in a smaller map and only got the issue to happen if I had changed from the Red Wizard Camp map to it.&nbsp; If I started out on that other map (TEST) it always worked without that issue, but I also noticed something strange that may be related, so I included the additional screenshot from that test where it appears Explorer Mode isn't lining up the "grayed out" map with the active one correctly, like it thinks they are different sizes.&nbsp; The second screen shot is from me logged in as a Player instead of as GM. Steps to Reproduce: On Red Wizard Camp in the Tomb of Annihilation game, enable Dynamic Lighting and Explorer Mode. Browser &amp; OS info: Google Chrome&nbsp; Version 81.0.4044.122 (Official Build) (32-bit) , Microsoft Windows 10 (Version 1903 build 18362.657) Is WebGL supported by your browser? Yes Game Settings All settings currently at default except the Voice/Video are disabled. Several APIs loaded. Map Settings Dynamic Lighting On Explorer Mode On - Toggling this fixes and breaks the map Daylight On - Found togglinge this make no difference. Token Settings Dynamic Light Vision Enabled, Night Vision at 60'. Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: On
When viewing map with CTRL-L (Character View) the map is screwed and all a mess. This was happening while I was adding the Dynamic Lighting Elements. I exited and got back in and it works right now. Not sure what was happening, but there is some glitch going on.&nbsp; This might be covered in this one: In certain systems, images from the map layer are being distorted and skewed when viewed using Dynamic Lighting. Speaking of the list If it was numbered we could reference a number with a comment.&nbsp; Thank you for all your work on this.&nbsp; Bob &nbsp;
Not sure if this was addressed before (?), but how to you prevent player from moving his token across light boundaries from dymaic lighting layer, when using new udpated dynamic light? Seem I can&nbsp; move the token through walls and reveal part of the map that should not be visible.
Jay R. said: I wasn't sure where to post this, since it doesn't technically involve the new lighting system, but I can report that in my current game, which features the legacy lighting system, I'm having the same Cmd-L problem others have reported here: namely, that when in Cmd-L mode with a player token, I can see objects on the GM layer. This is obviously not at all ideal. Also, I'm baffled by the decision to release this new functionality when it is so clearly not ready for primetime.&nbsp; Hey Jay R. -&nbsp; Thanks for the feedback! We actually put out a fix for the issue with CTRL-L/CMD-L last week. Would you mind checking to see if it's resolved on your end, please?&nbsp;

Edited 1587668886
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Kalagari said: Nicholas said: Kalagari said: Kalagari said: Hello, Another thing I have noticed is that the tokens I have set up to represent torches, on the lighting layer, do not have produce their light unless you move the token around. It's as if the lighting only kicks in for the first time when you "drop" the token. Adding pictures to demonstrate the issues I am experiencing. When I initially load the map: After I move the light(yellow dot towards the bottom left): Hey Kalagari -&nbsp; Just to check, were these tokens something you already had set up for legacy lighting and then switched over? Also, would you mind providing me the name of the game that this occurred with please? Thank you!&nbsp;&nbsp; Hello Nicholas, This was set up ahead of time as part of the Princes of the Apocalypse module I purchased. I then went in and added the settings for the new lighting system, for this page. link to the game:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4437899/pota" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4437899/pota</a> I am also curious if tokens in purchased modules will be updated to the new lighting system or if I will need to go in and update each and every map myself. Thanks, Kal &nbsp; Hello&nbsp;Kalagari -&nbsp; Apologies, I just want to make sure I'm very clear on what you're experiencing. So you had this page set up for legacy, you switched everything over to UDL (both page settings and token settings), and you experienced what you've seen on the screenshot you attached, correct? Thanks in advance for your patience!

Edited 1587674776
EDIT : First thing i try after making this post ( and failing to have anything working for 2h) and it works lol.&nbsp; EDIT 2 : &nbsp;It works on some maps, but not all. No Idea how to reproduce to make it work :/ Hi, I tried see if this was already reported, but i did not see it anywhere, sorry if i missed it ! What you were trying to do: Enable the new dynamic lightning system on a custom battle map or existing map of the Storm king's thunder campain What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) As a GM i sometime see the good vision range in a dark environnment, or the emited light, and sometime every thing is greyed out. Lightning as a GM : 1 ) when i create it, 2) after changing player focus What the player sees ( and what i see when i join as a player) : Settings : &nbsp; &nbsp; Steps to Reproduce: Enable the lightning, put the player focus on the map, ( or stay on it if it was there already), set the vision and dark vision for the token, or the emited light. The map is pitch black. Browser &amp; OS info: win 10 64bit, chrome last version, no add block Is WebGL supported by your browser? Yes Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6832735/storm-kings-thunder" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6832735/storm-kings-thunder</a> Game Settings Just the available compendium sharing Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Tried both, the old one do nothing the new one black screen Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Tried both no differences Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Even with daylight on, everything is pitch black Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Tried all the settings posible on multiple tokens Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: yes Thanks ! Great work anyway i really enjoy playing on the plateform !
Hey&nbsp;Jeropa -&nbsp; For your report here , were you still having issues loading into that game? We were having a general issue with loading at the time of your report which might have been the cause of your problems.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1587678090
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey folks -&nbsp; For your reports here [ 1 , 2 ],&nbsp; we are currently working to fix this issue and we'll let you know once we get it resolved. Thanks for pointing this out!&nbsp;

Edited 1587676904
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey Michael P. -&nbsp; In regards to this post , just to confirm, are you referring to the visuals of how the candle's light is appearing in dark vision? Like how it appears as a dark circle?
Mike L. said: Broken with the update: - Players can see through chinks in dynamic lighting walls with the new system. - The cog doesn't work on popped out NPC character sheets. Only when it is not popped out. - Occasionally players lose visibility of all other tokens. - Light sources that exist on all(?) official content don't work with the new system, and need to be set up manually. Hey Mike L. -&nbsp; For your point regarding the cog, can you please confirm where you are referring? Perhaps, can you provide a screenshot just so I know exactly? In regards to the issue where players occasionally lose visibility, have you noticed it still occurring? If so, is it on a particular game?
Hey DM Joe -&nbsp; In regards to your point here , I just want to ask the same thing I asked Kalagari, just so I'm clear on what you're experiencing. You had a page set up for legacy, you switched everything over to UDL (both page settings and token settings), and you experienced what was seen on the screenshot Kalagari attached, correct?
Cruisocgr90 said: Lots of crashes for all players, My dark vision players would lose all sight when they moved Hey&nbsp;Cruisocgr90 -&nbsp; Are you still running into the issue with your players losing dark vision? If so, can you provide me a full bug report , please? Also, can you confirm, does it seem to only occur when your players crash as you mentioned?
Hi guys! I'm pretty excited for the new feature, but i have to report the poor performance of the new lighting in complex wall systems. As shown in the follwing pictures, the old system seems to handle it correctly Picture 1: new dynamic lighting Picture 2: old dynamic lighting