Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A New Light - Bug Thread - Updated Dynamic Lighting and Fog of War

Edited 1589388607
I had logged in as a player and saw the same thing. I just created a test campaign to only play with lighting and had the same issue.  EDIT: If I turn on that the player 'has sight' even though the distance is 0, the light source does show up. I have tested this in my other games and perhaps I had misunderstood it.  Also, the light is set to 80 ft, but you can clearly see in the image it is only going to 60 ft.

Edited 1589542358
Has anything changed lately?  All my tokens used to be able to use the normal emit light for the individual token and therefore only that player can see the map with dynamic lighting (Darkvision). Now I see nothing across all my tokens and maps that this used to work on. I'll add that all my default tokens are at the correct settings. I've double checked and even re-did some of them. Still no good. Edit once more: My bad, some how all my maps turned off the legacy dynamic lighting. Just needed to turn it on. Whew, what a relief. took me some time to even find it. but we good now.

Edited 1589546197
Luke
Pro
Unsuitable for me until feature parity is achieved. The field of vision editing is very useful for GURPS, e.g. for most normal characters, "Has Sight / Angle " will be set to 180°, with advantages and disadvantages that change this. As of now adjusting the angle has no effect on token sight in UDL, feels like this was released waaay too early when it's so clearly miles away from the same functionality as LDL.
Hey folks - This week we pushed out a fix for the below issues. Please let us know if you have any other comments or concerns related to these. Thank you! Lighting for the page would not update when a path on the DL layer was updated. If a path on the DL layer was rotated or scaled, those operations were not reflected in how it blocked light/vision.
Nicholas, Any word on replicating and working on the issues with the entire page (all light sources regardless of walls) being displayed when players change tabs within a window or maximize another window on top of the VTT window? This may knock out a few others on your tracking list from page 1 if that is being updated as they seem to be related to similar issues. If you need more info please reach out as I've done some testing and posted the results here. I can also replicate for your group live if you'd like to join a call at some point. Thank you, Joe
Everytime someone in my party moves my dynamic light drops to this. I am a player. This is happening to all of us. 
If it helps with problem tracking this is also happening in the Carrion Crown game my account is associated with.  I don't even move my token and the map vision drops on my view.
I just had a bug where the wall i drew wasn't registering for some of my player and it was working for others. The player affected with the bug refreshed and it fixed it, but after a token was moved, another player was able to see past the wall. The picture below was what the bugged player was seeing if it helps. The one bugged was the rogue (Black portrait with red outline) and he had night vision on.
When Ctrl-L has been used on a token, selecting a token and pressing Ctrl-L on the new token does not move the lighting effect to be based on the newly selected token. The first token has to be deselected to cancel the Ctrl-L before it can be activated on a different token. The old system allowed Ctrl-L to move it to another token directly.
New Dynamic Lighting Test Test Done: 5/16/2020 @ 2:13 PM The Setup I'll be running two instances of Roll20 Side-by-Side. On the Right, you'll see GM Views. On the Left, you'll see Player Views. The Map The Map is setup in a way that a player token can be led through the rooms and have different varying levels of view. Light and Other Info Torches are used to shed 20' of Normal Light + 20' of Dim Light Enemies will show up as Red E and do not have player views. Players have different capabilities. 30' NV:  Normal Vision DV: 60' Dark Vision NV+L: Normal Vision + 30' Light + 30' Dim Light Test 1 - Normal Vision Lines The first test involved me just giving all players access to the 30' NV Token.  Problem 1 (Medium Severity with Workaround): At first, all I saw was the token, but no light, despite the fact that there's a Sunlight token on the Dynamic Lighting Layer, and it being visible on the setup. However, after moving the Sunlight token, I was able to see. Problem 2 (Low Severity): Jagged Edges started appearing along the walls that cut into the wall a bit. Greying seemed to work well, with the light being stopped properly. Problem 3 (Medium-High Severity with Workaround): However, when moving around the corner, it looks like the Sunlight Emitting token wasn't providing light, even though it said it was just fine on the GM side. However, once the Sunlight Token was moved a bit, it affected the light level properly. Moving the token into the top hall, it seems the same issue occurred. GM shows the light being fine, but the Player view is definitely incorrect. Each light moved did correct the issue, but moving every light is annoying. Also, the lights seemed to have this weird cut in effect, even though it doesn't show up on GM view. Test 2 - Normal Vision + 30' Light In this test, the player entering is carrying a 30' Light and Normal vision. I noticed the Grey background was interfering with seeing low light vision on the Player View, so I switched the ground to Brown. Moving into the Main Hall, I could definitely tell that the light was much better. No more light seepage. Test 3 - Darkvision This last test is having a character with 60' Darkvision. While complicated because of the previous player in here (Normal Vision + Light), the lights all matched up. Problem 1 (Medium Severity) The problem was with the overlap between Darkvision and Dimmed light. Darkvision should be overwriting the dim grey out: Problem 2 (Low Severity) The next problem was this random spackling that was created in unexplored areas as the player explored the maze area. Conclusions and Review Updated Dynamic Lighting is getting there, but its not ready for primetime yet. I'll be keeping UDL off on my own games for right now as the UDL still has some lighting issues. Performance is definitely a *lot* better, and its better than Advanced FoW + Old Dynamic Lighting now, but I'll be waiting to enable it until the next update. Things its missing in order to go Live Low-Light Vision Support Update on Token Drop Support
What you were trying to do: Run a simple encounter (6 playres one one bad guy), it was a 29 X 29 map (with nothing but a single image) with dynamic lighting enabled. The lighting was not very complex, maybe 10 lines total What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) We had multiple people, including the GM at different times get a black screen. When this they could see nothing but there token. Picking up the token did not help, moving the light source did not help. Refreshing the screen did but it happened again. I the GM refreshed 4 times before I gave up and turned off dynamic lighting here is the map and the dynamic light layer..everything is working I did not get an image when there was an issue....but it would have been a black screen. Steps to Reproduce: Play the game? Not sure we what caused it, were in a map and it seemed to happen to different people randomly. I know this does not help but that is what I have. Browser &amp; OS info: GM's browser and OS OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home&nbsp;&nbsp; Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Google Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit) Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5466628/deadlands-the-flood" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5466628/deadlands-the-flood</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Added&nbsp;&nbsp; Savage Worlds (Tabbed Layout) Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? No Were you using Daylight Mode or not? No Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Had a fire pit token bright light and low light Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Use&nbsp; hard ware acceleration when available&nbsp;
Hello, was wondering how night vision is handled. According to the description on the token edit page, it allows for players with vision and night vision enabled to see in darkness, however, it does not do this function as described. When looking this up via the roll20 wiki, the night vision there is described differently as that it amplifies dim light conditions based off of your "night vision" range. Because, I'm trying to go for the whole "see in darkness" deal without having to use the emit light function.
Zachare S. said: New Dynamic Lighting Test Test Done: 5/16/2020 @ 2:13 PM The Setup I'll be running two instances of Roll20 Side-by-Side. On the Right, you'll see GM Views. On the Left, you'll see Player Views. The Map The Map is setup in a way that a player token can be led through the rooms and have different varying levels of view. Light and Other Info Torches are used to shed 20' of Normal Light + 20' of Dim Light Enemies will show up as Red E and do not have player views. Players have different capabilities. 30' NV: &nbsp;Normal Vision DV: 60' Dark Vision NV+L: Normal Vision + 30' Light + 30' Dim Light Test 1 - Normal Vision Lines The first test involved me just giving all players access to the 30' NV Token.&nbsp; Problem 1 (Medium Severity with Workaround): At first, all I saw was the token, but no light, despite the fact that there's a Sunlight token on the Dynamic Lighting Layer, and it being visible on the setup. However, after moving the Sunlight token, I was able to see. Problem 2 (Low Severity): Jagged Edges started appearing along the walls that cut into the wall a bit. Greying seemed to work well, with the light being stopped properly. Problem 3 (Medium-High Severity with Workaround): However, when moving around the corner, it looks like the Sunlight Emitting token wasn't providing light, even though it said it was just fine on the GM side. However, once the Sunlight Token was moved a bit, it affected the light level properly. Moving the token into the top hall, it seems the same issue occurred. GM shows the light being fine, but the Player view is definitely incorrect. Each light moved did correct the issue, but moving every light is annoying. Also, the lights seemed to have this weird cut in effect, even though it doesn't show up on GM view. Test 2 - Normal Vision + 30' Light In this test, the player entering is carrying a 30' Light and Normal vision. I noticed the Grey background was interfering with seeing low light vision on the Player View, so I switched the ground to Brown. Moving into the Main Hall, I could definitely tell that the light was much better. No more light seepage. Test 3 - Darkvision This last test is having a character with 60' Darkvision. While complicated because of the previous player in here (Normal Vision + Light), the lights all matched up. Problem 1 (Medium Severity) The problem was with the overlap between Darkvision and Dimmed light. Darkvision should be overwriting the dim grey out: Problem 2 (Low Severity) The next problem was this random spackling that was created in unexplored areas as the player explored the maze area. Conclusions and Review Updated Dynamic Lighting is getting there, but its not ready for primetime yet. I'll be keeping UDL off on my own games for right now as the UDL still has some lighting issues. Performance is definitely a *lot* better, and its better than Advanced FoW + Old Dynamic Lighting now, but I'll be waiting to enable it until the next update. Things its missing in order to go Live Low-Light Vision Support Update on Token Drop Support Thanks yet again for a very accurate test. Think performance is still a major issue for ppl that doesn't have high end gaming computers (like work labtops)
Hello, I just want to know if there is still the big issue with the legacy DL where some players might see the whole map. Basically it's the main content I'm paying the subscription for and finding that is bugged this way disappoints me a lot... Thanks

Edited 1589794885
EXPLORER mode has poor implementation for partially colour-blind people (1 in 20 men). In the old system, the exposed areas which are not currently visible were displayed in a much-dimmed shade. In the new system, the areas are shown in normal map colour, and the visible areas are only shown by a slight change of colour (perhaps more yellow?). I couldn't see this at all to start with. I would much prefer non-visible areas to be greatly dimmed to make it obvious what I am still able to see and which areas are only being displayed because I've been there previously.
I had a naughty player who hopped all over the map revealing way to many areas. How can I undo their reveal?&nbsp;
Farling said: EXPLORER mode has poor implementation for partially colour-blind people (1 in 20 men). In the old system, the exposed areas which are not currently visible were displayed in a much-dimmed shade. In the new system, the areas are shown in normal map colour, and the visible areas are only shown by a slight change of colour (perhaps more yellow?). I couldn't see this at all to start with. I would much prefer non-visible areas to be greatly dimmed to make it obvious what I am still able to see and which areas are only being displayed because I've been there previously. Yes, this (and only update on drop) are showstoppers for me.&nbsp; Its not just colour blind people this affects.&nbsp; If you have a grey dungeon floor, then its impossible to tell what is visible, and what is dimmed.
Cant wait fixed system....
So far, it looks like with WebGL taking over (rather than Roll20 using its own Ray Tracing algorithm with Legacy Dynamic Lighting and Advanced Fog of War), performance is better, since Ray Tracing now happens on the Graphics processor side (which is built for it), rather than the CPU side (which is made for computational algorithms, not floating-point Ray Tracing operations). However, this is all speculation, as I don't have any hard numbers on the actual processing power of each of the setups. I'll be running some calculations on the computational processing change between AFoW+LDL, LDL, AFoW, and UDL probably next update to UDL. Xeno said: Thanks yet again for a very accurate test. Think performance is still a major issue for ppl that doesn't have high end gaming computers (like work labtops)
Farling said: EXPLORER mode has poor implementation for partially colour-blind people (1 in 20 men). In the old system, the exposed areas which are not currently visible were displayed in a much-dimmed shade. In the new system, the areas are shown in normal map colour, and the visible areas are only shown by a slight change of colour (perhaps more yellow?). I couldn't see this at all to start with. I would much prefer non-visible areas to be greatly dimmed to make it obvious what I am still able to see and which areas are only being displayed because I've been there previously. From the previous round table, it sounds like they plan to make the color and fade of nightvision into GM customizable options (to match game styles... army night vision goggles vs fantasy elf eyes). Maybe they can make the colors of explorer mode an option too.
Alan said: Farling said: EXPLORER mode has poor implementation for partially colour-blind people (1 in 20 men). In the old system, the exposed areas which are not currently visible were displayed in a much-dimmed shade. In the new system, the areas are shown in normal map colour, and the visible areas are only shown by a slight change of colour (perhaps more yellow?). I couldn't see this at all to start with. I would much prefer non-visible areas to be greatly dimmed to make it obvious what I am still able to see and which areas are only being displayed because I've been there previously. Yes, this (and only update on drop) are showstoppers for me.&nbsp; Its not just colour blind people this affects.&nbsp; If you have a grey dungeon floor, then its impossible to tell what is visible, and what is dimmed. I've had the same issue. I solved it but putting a brown/cream rectangle over my map and massively dropping the opacity using PS and then uploading again. Doesn't solve the original problem and I totally agree that it would be great if the contrast between viable and not viable was sharper but this fix might help in the short term. You can probably use any colours as the map in grey and the LoS is the colour of the rectangle.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Edited 1590083566
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey folks! Got some New Light updates hot off the press for you! Here they are: [ 1 , 2 , 3 , and more] Vision and/or Light should no longer bleed through DL lines.&nbsp; As an aside, this does not fix the “Pixel Dust” effect nor the issue where you can drag a Token up against a Dynamic Lighting line and see past the barrier. These issues are still being worked on. Tokens added from the Compendium now properly utilize Default Values set for Low Light and Bright Light. [ 1 ] CTRL+L no longer fails for light sources outside of bounded dynamic lighting lines, specifically when navigating through other non-Roll20 tabs and/or leaving the Roll20 tab idle for too long. [ 1 ] Tokens with Light on the GM layer are now no longer showing that Light to Tokens on other layers, which now matches Legacy feature parity.
I did not get a console log but I cleared my cache and using the Free Phandelver Wave Echo Cave Map, I was able to see that it still bleeds past DL lines.&nbsp; Also, I started seeing an anomaly when I would reset Fog where I could no longer, as the GM, select the player's token.&nbsp; And when I tried, I get a popup that asks me if I want to active FOW or AFOW.&nbsp; I answer No and when I try to select the token again, it displays the popup again.&nbsp; I have my GM account logged in on a chrome browser and my playtest account logged in on a Firefox browser.&nbsp; Don't think it is fixed yet.&nbsp; I am noticing that the processor overloads I was seeing several weeks ago are no longer present.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1590089059
Hello, Ever since the update today, none of my dynamically lit maps in roll20 are now loading? I have a game in 3 hours and cant recreate this maps in time. Does anyone have a solution? Ive tried steps 1-3 already. Edit: One of my players can load the map find but I can't on my main PC with all extensions disabled. So its localized.

Edited 1590092930
Dumbhuman
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Nicholas said: Hey folks! Got some New Light updates hot off the press for you! Here they are: [ 1 , 2 , 3 , and more] Vision and/or Light should no longer bleed through DL lines.&nbsp; As an aside, this does not fix the “Pixel Dust” effect nor the issue where you can drag a Token up against a Dynamic Lighting line and see past the barrier. These issues are still being worked on. I really don't think this was the fix for vision bleeding through!&nbsp; Immediately after reading the patch notes , I thought that might have been fixed along with the light bleeding so I went to test whether players could still see through walls and saw that it's easier than ever to do so.&nbsp; Gif below: As you can see, it works alright with arrow key movement in the beginning (though I can find places where even that allows seeing through walls), but once I drag with the mouse along any of the walls they pretty much turn into windows.&nbsp; I went back and re-read the patch notes where it doesn't actually mention vision past Lighting Lines to be fixed, just light: A New Light fixes: Several issues that caused light to shed past Lighting Lines with Updated Dynamic Lighting Reading the Known Issues list at the beginning of this thread suggests that my re-reading was correct and only light bleeding through walls was addressed as fixed: Light bleeds through some corners in Dynamic Lighting barriers (in explorer mode, this can result in areas being revealed). &nbsp;Fixed May 21 Dragging a token next to a Dynamic Lighting barrier can result in vision past the barrier. Regardless, the vision past walls seems much worse for me, for whatever that's worth. Firefox Version 76.0.1 (64-bit) Windows 10 Home Version 1909 edit:&nbsp; Just to add, the gif is taken from an actual player account, not a GM account using CTRL-L to approximate the player view.
Sorry if this has been covered, I couldn't find it.&nbsp; I really hoped that the new dynamic lighting system could be used to get close to giving tokens what the PHB describes darkvision to be:&nbsp; namely, seeing in total darkness as if it was dim light, and dim light as if it were bright light.&nbsp; But it doesn't do this.&nbsp; Instead, if you turn on "night vision" you get bright light no matter what.&nbsp; I thought maybe I could work around it by having the token emit light in bright/dim ranges like the old system did (but better), but this is stymied by the fact that if you set a token to emit light, all the players can see it and there's no option/way to prevent this.&nbsp; So, now, the tokens all act as torches for other players, which doesn't seem useful.&nbsp; Am I doing it wriong?&nbsp; Are there further updates that will fix this so we can choose for only the player to see the light emitted by their token?&nbsp; Or will we get an option to choose the bright/dim look of the night vision?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The first couple of posts address all this, but in short, this is a known limitation. It will be fixed before legacy DL is retired. UDL is in development. I would recommend it for testing, but I would not recommend it being used in an actual game. The warnings in the settings dialog boxes do warn users about this, but not strongly or clearly enough IMHO.
We had an issue about an hour ago with 1 player out of 5, that when moving to a map with Dynamic Lighting enabled caused the site to freeze on loading the new page.&nbsp; When testing after our game finished, we determined that it was only on pages that had dynamic lighting enabled would cause this. pages where it was not enabled they were able to load fine.
Rob said: We had an issue about an hour ago with 1 player out of 5, that when moving to a map with Dynamic Lighting enabled caused the site to freeze on loading the new page.&nbsp; When testing after our game finished, we determined that it was only on pages that had dynamic lighting enabled would cause this. pages where it was not enabled they were able to load fine. I am experiencing this exact same problem as well. Two days ago, my pages all worked fine, and today the advanced dynamic lighting pages just cycle the "Loading..." flavor texts like "gathering steam" etc endlessly.
I'm getting the same error as well, crash log here: Uncaught Error: Dynamic Fog Init Exception Could not enable WebGL &nbsp; &nbsp; at Object.init (app.js:554) &nbsp; &nbsp; at HTMLDivElement.&lt;anonymous&gt; (app.js:563) &nbsp; &nbsp; at HTMLDivElement.opt.complete (/v2/js/jquery-1.9.1.js:9285) &nbsp; &nbsp; at fire (/v2/js/jquery-1.9.1.js:1037) &nbsp; &nbsp; at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (/v2/js/jquery-1.9.1.js:1148) &nbsp; &nbsp; at tick (/v2/js/jquery-1.9.1.js:8736) &nbsp; &nbsp; at jQuery.fx.tick (/v2/js/jquery-1.9.1.js:9317) &nbsp; &nbsp; at nrWrapper (app.roll20.net/:14)
Nix said: Rob said: We had an issue about an hour ago with 1 player out of 5, that when moving to a map with Dynamic Lighting enabled caused the site to freeze on loading the new page.&nbsp; When testing after our game finished, we determined that it was only on pages that had dynamic lighting enabled would cause this. pages where it was not enabled they were able to load fine. I am experiencing this exact same problem as well. Two days ago, my pages all worked fine, and today the advanced dynamic lighting pages just cycle the "Loading..." flavor texts like "gathering steam" etc endlessly. Same thing for me Nix, Also when I got the dynamic lighting pages to work on another laptop I had to disable the lighting regardless because the performance was so bad.
Same error on my Games :-(
Ken W. said: Nix said: Rob said: We had an issue about an hour ago with 1 player out of 5, that when moving to a map with Dynamic Lighting enabled caused the site to freeze on loading the new page.&nbsp; When testing after our game finished, we determined that it was only on pages that had dynamic lighting enabled would cause this. pages where it was not enabled they were able to load fine. I am experiencing this exact same problem as well. Two days ago, my pages all worked fine, and today the advanced dynamic lighting pages just cycle the "Loading..." flavor texts like "gathering steam" etc endlessly. Same thing for me Nix, Also when I got the dynamic lighting pages to work on another laptop I had to disable the lighting regardless because the performance was so bad. Same with my game. But I had "endless loading" bug ONLY on pages WITH dynamic lighting, others worked fine, and ONLY when I use Google Chrome. When I sweatched to Mazilla Firefox, everything was fine. Try Mazilla, may be it'll help.
There are a ton more reports of ADL making pages freeze in the " stuck on loading screen " thread. I really hope Roll20 reverts the Thursday changes before my game tonight, hah. Guess I'll learn how to use the old fog of war options.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Zachare S. said: So far, it looks like with WebGL taking over (rather than Roll20 using its own Ray Tracing algorithm with Legacy Dynamic Lighting and Advanced Fog of War), performance is better, since Ray Tracing now happens on the Graphics processor side (which is built for it), rather than the CPU side (which is made for computational algorithms, not floating-point Ray Tracing operations). However, this is all speculation, as I don't have any hard numbers on the actual processing power of each of the setups. I'll be running some calculations on the computational processing change between AFoW+LDL, LDL, AFoW, and UDL probably next update to UDL. As far as I understand it, WebGL is just a rasterization engine. It does not handle any calculations/transformations of a 2D or 3D environment. Any performance improvements from WebGL will come from the actual rendering, but any improvements in algorithms will come from elsewhere.
I can also confirm that the new dynamic lighting is causing an infinite loading "crash"&nbsp; &nbsp; the other pages are fine.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Using UDL and Explorer mode, Ctrl+L reveals all area of map What you were trying to do: Using UDL and Explorer mode, I clicked on a token and used Ctrl+L to view their vision, and I could see all areas of the map. What happened: Screenshot of GM view with UDL enabled and explorer mode disabled: Screenshot of Ctrl+L token view with UDL enabled and explorer mode disabled: Screenshot of Ctrl+L token view with UDL AND explorer mode enabled: Steps to Reproduce: Enable Updated Dynamic Lighting and Explorer Mode. Do not enable Daylight Mode Token Settings: enable vision and night vision (60ft). Token does not emit any light Click token and press Ctrl+L Browser &amp; OS info: Mozilla Firefox Windows 10 Is WebGL supported by your browser? WebGL 1 and 2 are both supported by browser Game Settings Default game settings Map Settings Updated Dynamic Lighting Explorer mode enabled Daylight mode not enabled Token Settings Vision enabled Night Vision enabled (60ft) Token does not emit light Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Browser is set to use recommended performance settings Speedtest Results Upload: 94.67mbps Download: 91.17mbps Ping: 8ms
Alexander A. said: Using UDL and Explorer mode, Ctrl+L reveals all area of map What you were trying to do: Using UDL and Explorer mode, I clicked on a token and used Ctrl+L to view their vision, and I could see all areas of the map.&nbsp; I am having the same problem as Alexander. To add to what he said, when I Ctrl+L my player's token he has every portion of the map within 60 feet revealed in grayscale. Color is still only seen within actual line of sight. This effectively allows players to see the layout of a building through walls (see picture). In the picture below, this player just entered the room for the first time from the south, but can see everything within 60 feet in grayscale.
Having the same issue as above the token reveals a circle of light.
Maybe this is underdevelopment. With the new dynamic lighting can you set the lighting level to between 0 and 100 percent? That would allow you to dimly light an area. Dave
This was interesting - one player's token revealed the map which I tried to reset but explorer mode remained visible, sort of...the 'explored' area was offset from the correct map position.

Edited 1590272121
dave_in_TX said: Maybe this is underdevelopment. With the new dynamic lighting can you set the lighting level to between 0 and 100 percent? That would allow you to dimly light an area. Dave This please! Or atleast smooth out the ends of the circles. they look chunky and too sharp. Maybe add an opacity level also for players just like gms. Also is there anyways to hide the end of the light source without making an obvious thick line?

Edited 1590274421
Odin
Pro
EDIT: ALL PLAYERS CAN SEE AREA REVEALED BY ONE PLAYER What you were trying to do: Hide already revealed areas with explorer mode enabled What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!): The entire map remains revealed even after deletion of token or hiding with the reveal tool (I know fog of war does not work with new dynamic lighting but there was no other way to reverse the areas previously explored other than leaving explorer mode off) Steps to Reproduce: Take a token and explore the map, it is impossible to re-hide the map. ex: player sees through wall bug and you want to re-hide the area it is impossible to do so.&nbsp; Browser &amp; OS info: Windows 10 Chrome. Is WebGL supported by your browser? yes Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.138 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D9 Major Performance Caveat: No Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/5393535/X8eQEQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/5393535/X8eQEQ</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Dynamic Lighting: On Explorer Mode: On Legacy tools: off Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision , regular vision) Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Speedtest Results Upload, Download, and Ping values. Console Log

Edited 1590282891
I just encountered this same issue as well. I am GMing Lost Mine of Phandelver and the players left off the end of last session in the middle of the Wave Echo Cave map. When we started up they could all see the map in a 60-foot radius around their characters (I gave them all magical 60-foot light sources to make things easier 'cause I'm a soft GM). They can see the map in grayscale, but not any tokens, which leads me to believe that the "Explorer Mode" is what is misbehaving. Their actual vision is behaving properly, but I don't want them to be able to see the map where they shouldn't. That area to the right of the room they're in shouldn't be showing up at all as they haven't explored there. SgtBalanced said: Alexander A. said: Using UDL and Explorer mode, Ctrl+L reveals all area of map What you were trying to do: Using UDL and Explorer mode, I clicked on a token and used Ctrl+L to view their vision, and I could see all areas of the map.&nbsp; I am having the same problem as Alexander. To add to what he said, when I Ctrl+L my player's token he has every portion of the map within 60 feet revealed in grayscale. Color is still only seen within actual line of sight. This effectively allows players to see the layout of a building through walls (see picture). In the picture below, this player just entered the room for the first time from the south, but can see everything within 60 feet in grayscale.

Edited 1590288559
I would like to report that a computer running Intel HD Graphics card does not work at all.&nbsp; WebGL will throw an error, the map will not load at all and you will just see the 'loading' message for an eternity.&nbsp; (my particular computer is an older Acer computer), but the drivers were up to date.&nbsp; Same game, with a computer with Nvidia GEForce GTX works.&nbsp; Other info about the older computer: Using Chrome&nbsp; browser.&nbsp; Tried with and without hardware accelleration. I guess the most concerning thing is that I believe this graphics card is used by many Chromebooks.&nbsp;&nbsp; Hope this info is helpful.
Player tokens being able to see what they shouldn't (extra parts of the map, etc), and having no update on drop are the two big points for us (the players get a little gung ho and end up out of sight of others when exploring). The performance is amazing, my players love explorer mode and I've had to disable advanced fog of war in our DotMM game because of how laggy it is so I was really hoping to be able to use this during it's beta. Fingers crossed for bug fixes!