Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A New Light - Bug Thread - Updated Dynamic Lighting and Fog of War

Bug Report Template Dont write here often, but me and my entire group was sooo looking forward to this, but alas its unplayable for us, so i had to post this. i have no idea why it crashes but it does, repeatly. What you were trying to do: Play a game of the mad mage dunegeon level 9 What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) no, screenshoot, sorry. All 6 player tokens was asigned to player at new light turned on on token and on page. After 2-3 min My screen (GM) flashed and the new fow overlay totally disapeears, showing the entire map and the map becomes warped and zoomed in unable to zoom out again. The map becomes unplayable, not able to click any tokens Steps to Reproduce: Activate vision and nightvision on all player token -&gt; activate new light mode + explore mode on map, then wait. Browser &amp; OS info: win 10 + Nvidia gforce card, Chrome and very fast cable internet. Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. yes Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4074892/dungeon-of-the-mad-mage" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4074892/dungeon-of-the-mad-mage</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? nope, just added the new lighting Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Were you using Daylight Mode or not? updated with exploremode, no daylight Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) vision, night vision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: hardware acc. turned on Speedtest Results Upload, Download, and Ping values.
Well done to all for the really constructive criticism here. If you guys &amp; gals at R20 can fix anything quickly, please fix the Dark Vision. Its way too bright and destroys the ambience. When you walk in the dark, you dont see perfectly up to a point then have a sudden wall of darkness. Shame you had to roll this out just before easter, during lockdown. How many disappointed punters are going to logging on this weekend!
What you were trying to do: Move unassigned tokens secretly while players did not have vision of the area that was previously explored using the explorer mode.&nbsp; What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) When said unassigned tokens updated, players could see the area that the unassigned token was in as if they were seeing through its eyes. This effect would end when the players, in turn, updated their own tokens. Steps to Reproduce: Have a player explore an area and then go to an area that does not have vision on the first area. Move an unassigned token in the first area still in a location the player cannot see. Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome. This happened to me and my players both on MacOS High Sierra&nbsp;10.13.6 and Windows 10 Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Yes Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3683542/kolbold-kalamity" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/3683542/kolbold-kalamity</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Only map settings were changed Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Updated Explorer No daylight Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Night vision 60 ft Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Yes, it is on
What you were trying to do: I'm at DotMM Lvl 3, the old settings worked fine, tried changing to the new settings and now nothing works, when i go back to old settings, nothing works either. What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) Old settings and not working now, worked before i tried changing to the new lightning: And this is what happens when I click ctrl+L on any of my players token: This are their settings: New dynamic lightning is set off. Ok that's for the old system but with the new system this happens: This are the token settings: And when i click on ctrl+L, nothing happens at all. Steps to Reproduce: No idea? Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome, Win 10 home Is WebGL supported by your browser? It is. Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6483093/mad-heist-dragon-mage" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6483093/mad-heist-dragon-mage</a> I EVEN CREATED A NEW GAME AND SAME PROBLEM. Game Settings No idea Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Were you using Explorer Mode or not? Were you using Daylight Mode or not? This was detailed in the screenshots Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) All this was detailed at the screenshots Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: No idea Speedtest Results Upload, Download, and Ping values. 35, 40, 4
When you use the explorer mode, it leave a "filter" that hide what the player hasn't discovered yet but if then the player zoom in or out, the filter doesn't change size with the map and end up completely disaligned
Not as much a bug as a complaint, this new dynamic lighting is extremely resource intensive. Which if I'm not mistaken is the opposite of what it was supposed to do.&nbsp;

Edited 1586386303
I'm the problem player in PhoeM's game so while I can't speak for the game/token settings, I can give my view of what was happening. Really happy that you're working on this but we want to get the full value out of it and at the moment Explorer mode is too broken to work out. I initially had a problem (macOS, Chrome) where I couldn't interact with my token at all or see&nbsp; any &nbsp;light (I could draw into the darkness and interact with my drawings), but updating Chrome fixed it. I don't know whether my using the Mac version of Chrome is relevant but I was consequently on the latest version (81.0.4044.92 64-bit). Stats at the bottom of the post. Thereafter, in our actual game, having restarted my browser and joined the game fresh, my character with 60ft Darkvision had full vision around his token, through all of the walls and light barriers configured on the map, but only when other people (including the DM) moved their tokens around (presumably near the walls delineating the light barriers). When I mentioned the issue, the DM was able to correct the problem by moving the other tokens away, which kept the unexplored area 'revealed' (via the new Explorer mode) but removed the live visibility of all of the undiscovered enemy tokens. The issue only affected my token, not those of the other two players, even though one of them also had Darkvision and was standing in the same room. I can also report that I am experiencing the full gamut of the other issues, from the 'leaking' corners (which might be related?) to what I think is the gradient effect with nightvision, though it's really not great. Here's an example. The green character is me (60ft darkvision), the yellow character is holding a light source with dim light for 20ft. In the old system, where she stood was brighter but I could still see the pink bug (marked with a pink arrow) clearly. Under the new system, the pink bug is almost invisible because the edge of her dim light has an opaque white overlay.&nbsp; Tokens, map components and items smaller than a square disappear entirely beneath the white halo around her, making navigating some maps terrifying. The next picture shows how severe the effect is, with medium tokens nearly invisible under the halo. You can also see that I can see all the way through the walls where the Explorer Mode has glitched - even though the tokens in the room to the bottom right of the picture have been hidden again as the fog of war effect returned, I can clearly see areas I shouldn't be able to (like the walls themselves, defeating the purpose of secret doors on these complex Dungeon of the Mad Mage maps!) The effect of the area between the end of the (white) dim light emitted by the other player's token and the (white) fog of war in the room to the top right also looks really weird. There's a little strip of darkvision light after the murky dim light cast by my ally. It would make more sense if the misty white areas were clearer (since dim light is considered bright light under 5e darkvision) and the misty white effect was used to denote the dim light of my darkvision, from my perspective. In actual play it can be quite bewildering while the legacy system was much easier to understand. Is there anything we can do with the settings to make this more intuitive? PhoeM said: EDIT: I am using an up to date version of Firefox with Hardware Acceleration enabled. I turned on the new lighting and explorer mode for the Roll20 5e Module - Dungeon of the Mad Mage. We are on Level 10 and I have made no changes to the light layer or map layer. We had previously been playing with only Dynamic Lighting with Enforce Line of Sight (the old lighting engine was struggling to handle the DotMM maps for all of us). We swiftly noticed problems when one player reported being able to see their full vision distance (60ft darkvision) through walls and into the surrounding rooms whenever I moved a Giant Spider token (not their character's token). Overall performance was fine and the WallHacking player reported visibility was corrected and broken again at several moments throughout the 1hr 30min session, usually coinciding with movement of a large (2x2) enemy token. Towards the end of the session we moved into area 24b and my view of the game started to slow down significantly, possibly due to the nature of the shape of that room, then my 980ti hit its thermal cut out and my machine hard rebooted. I suspect that something to do with the player experiencing unrestricted visibility and the calculations that must have required, but I do not have any evidence to that effect. The machine has never suffered a hard crash before and the graphics card is regularly stressed in playing games without suffering this sort of load failure. WebGL report from my machine (hardware acceleration is on): Platform: MacIntel Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.92 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Intel Inc. Unmasked Renderer: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 6100 Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: No Major Performance Caveat: No Vertex Shader Max Vertex Attributes: 16 Max Vertex Uniform Vectors: 1024 Max Vertex Texture Image Units: 16 Max Varying Vectors: 15 Best float precision: [-2127, 2127] (23) Transform Feedback Coming in WebGL 2 Rasterizer Aliased Line Width Range: [1, 1] Aliased Point Size Range: [1, 255.875] Fragment Shader Max Fragment Uniform Vectors: 1024 Max Texture Image Units: 16 float/int precision: highp/highp Best float precision: [-2127, 2127] (23) Framebuffer Max Color Buffers: 8 RGBA Bits: [8, 8, 8, 8] Depth / Stencil Bits: [24, 8] Max Render Buffer Size: 16384 Max Viewport Dimensions: [16384, 16384] Textures Max Texture Size: 16384 Max Cube Map Texture Size: 16384 Max Combined Texture Image Units: 80 Max Anisotropy: 16 Uniform Buffers Coming in WebGL 2 Supported Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query EXT_float_blend EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_sRGB OES_element_index_uint OES_fbo_render_mipmap OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context Speedtest: 75.60Mbps down, 28.97Mbps up, 7ms ping.
Since your update i can no long see/talk with my players....please fix this quickly...otherwise im not sure why i subscribed
None of my games get past the loading screen. I have tried clearing the cache, using alternate browsers, restarting my computer, and disabling dynamic lighting entirely. None of these things work. Is anyone else experiencing this or know how to remedy it?
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
I hope you don't mind me cutting out a few of the troubleshooting steps, since this obviously doesn't have anything to do with the browsers that people are using. What you were trying to do:&nbsp; Break the new system With vision not working next to walls, I wanted to test and see if I could completely see on the other side. What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) Broke the new system When moving the token close enough to a wall so that part of the token clips through the wall or is on the other side, the token vision can see completely through. Steps to Reproduce: Draw a wall. Works best with walls that are close to a 45-degree angle. Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Map Settings Was using updated settings only. Fresh token. Only the updated vision was turned on. Explorer mode and daylight mode were not on. Token Settings Vision Bright Light 15 Dim Light 5 Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Turned off.

Edited 1586391725
Im having the same issues as Spren does (see above). If Im using the New Lighting, either my game takes up to 5 minutes to load and then becomes unresponsive or crashes. I even created a new game, transmogrified maps onto it and it also becomes glitchy and broken when I switch to the New Lighting. When I switch back to the old Dynamic Lighting it works great. Granted, my maps can be large and the map layer can have dozens of tokens. Could this be an issue with the New Lighting... maps too large or too many tokens on the map?&nbsp; I know Im not alone on this... Im not happy with the New Lighting feature. Its overwhelming my computer or just not compatible. What is with the New Lighting that causes so many issues? Surely, if the old lighting works, the new should as well. If I cant get the New Lighting to operate on my computer and you eliminate the old Dynamic Lighting (that does work), I wont be able to use the dynamically lit maps that Ive spent hundreds of hours creating.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Edited 1586396894
Good Morning. This looks like once the known issues are fixed it should be a nice change. At this stage 3 deal breakers for me. 1) With new DL players can move the token around now and view everything without dropping the token. The GM and other players would not see this happening. The old system had a check box to prevent this called only update on drop. I tried using that AND the new DL but that does not work. This is absolutely required. 2) I can no longer set a view arc so players cannot see directly behind them. 3) The nightvision having no dim light or gradation of light is awful and for 5e unusable in this format. I have not yet seen anyone else raise the first issue. Many thanks
Randomly Losing Vision I'm a player (NOT the DM) of a game that just started using the update. Since I'm not the DM, I'm not sure what could be causing this issue, however I do know that I am the only one in our group experiencing the issue. One moment I'll see the map perfectly (as shown below). Then suddenly I'll lose vision of everything (as shown below). As you'll notice, even player drawn elements suddenly disappear. Reloading the browser window returns it to the first image, but only temporarily. It seems to happen most frequently when the DM (or myself) moves a token. At least from what I've noticed. I recreated this particular instance by taking the first screenshot, clicking on a different tab in my browser, returning to the Roll20 tab, attempting to move my token which resulted in instant loss of vision, then immediately taking the second screenshot.

Edited 1586404401
When a token with Night Vision is at the edge of a lit area, there is a gradient at the edge of the lit area before the night vision begins.&nbsp; I understand that this may not be intended behavior, but this is actually incredibly&nbsp; useful for the games I run with characters who possess night vision trying to figure out where light and darkness meet.&nbsp; Can you please make this "rim" effect this an optional feature instead of treating it wholly as a bug?&nbsp; My assassin players would greatly appreciate being able to tell when they're in shadows without having to guess or ask me to turn their darkvision on or off. Example: Zite here has 60 feet of Darkvision.&nbsp; Currently, with the "bug" intact, she can tell where the light ends by the gradient, and anything that is brightly lit here is understood to be completely dark.&nbsp; Zite's player does not have to ask me if she is in shadow or not, she can just tell. Here, Zite can see normal lighting effects beyond her 60 feet of darkvision, treating it as normal and allowing her to easily distinguish between light and shadow inside of her Night Vision. "Fixing" this without giving some way to intentionally re-introduce this effect would be a step backwards for a game that has numerous characters that rely on darkness for various abilities and to tell where they can use Stealth in Pathfinder 1E rules.
NONE of the legacy token light settings are honoured now that I've enabled the new dynamic lighting, and now when I've gone through and reset the lighting for ALL the tokens on the map, NONE of those settings are reflected on the map from session to session. At the beginning of each session, I have to go into every single token's settings and make some change, however minor, to reactivate its light settings. Regrettably, this update appears to have made the app pretty much unusable for me, since my current D&amp;D campaign takes place entirely underground.
What you were trying to do:&nbsp; Create new tokens and assign values from the character sheet to the three bars. What happened: &nbsp;Could not assign *certain* values from the character sheet even though they exist. Steps to Reproduce: Create new character sheet, assign values to it, create new token and attempt to assign various values to its bars from the sheet. Certain ones such as HP will transfer to the token, while others will not. Note that this only started occurring post-dynamic lighting update, even though Updated Dynamic Lighting is currently off. Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome&nbsp; 81.0.4044.92 (Official Build) (64-bit), Mac OS El Capitan&nbsp; 10.11.6 (15G20015) Is WebGL supported by your browser? Yes Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Platform: MacIntel Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.92 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: Google SwiftShader Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: No Major Performance Caveat: Yes Vertex Shader Max Vertex Attributes: 32 Max Vertex Uniform Vectors: 256 Max Vertex Texture Image Units: 16 Max Varying Vectors: 32 Best float precision: [-2 127 , 2 127 ] (23) Transform Feedback Coming in&nbsp; WebGL 2 Rasterizer Aliased Line Width Range: [1, 1] Aliased Point Size Range: [0.125, 8192] Fragment Shader Max Fragment Uniform Vectors: 261 Max Texture Image Units: 16 float/int precision: highp/highp Best float precision: [-2 127 , 2 127 ] (23) Framebuffer Max Color Buffers: 8 RGBA Bits: [8, 8, 8, 8] Depth / Stencil Bits: [24, 8] Max Render Buffer Size: 8192 Max Viewport Dimensions: [8192, 8192] Textures Max Texture Size: 8192 Max Cube Map Texture Size: 8192 Max Combined Texture Image Units: 32 Max Anisotropy: 16 Uniform Buffers Coming in&nbsp; WebGL 2 Supported Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_float_blend EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic OES_element_index_uint OES_fbo_render_mipmap OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc1 WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context Game Link: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1813997/star-wars-dawn-of-defiance" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1813997/star-wars-dawn-of-defiance</a> Game Settings Nothing changed from prior login Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Legacy Were you using Explorer Mode or not? No Were you using Daylight Mode or not? No Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? Legacy settings only, and no settings altered at all on the tokens in question. Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system:&nbsp; "On when available" in browser Speedtest Results Upload, Download, and Ping values. U/L 11.85 mbps, D/L 86.16 mpbs, Ping 83 ms
Bug Report Template Unable to seemingly use Dynamic lighting at all. Both using the new and the old system. This includes both new maps which I have tried to set up as well as old maps which were previously working. As a GM on the dynamic lighting I am able to see see what tokens are able to see. But when I swap as a player the screen is completely pitch black no matter what manner of set up I use. I've spent the best part of an hour tinkering around with both new and old settings, however all I see full darkness when I run the game as a player. I've tried updating my browser as well as launching from a different browser and still get the same issues.&nbsp; What you were trying to do: Making map, trying to see what players see&nbsp; What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) A page of darkness as player.&nbsp; Steps to Reproduce: Reproduced on every setting using both new settings, with and without explorer, with and without dim light. Old settings tried with and without both fog of war and advanced fog of war, different settings for the tokens.&nbsp; Browser &amp; OS info: Version 81.0.4044.92 (Official Build) (64-bit) Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.92 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D11 Major Performance Caveat: No Vertex Shader Max Vertex Attributes: 16 Max Vertex Uniform Vectors: 4096 Max Vertex Texture Image Units: 16 Max Varying Vectors: 30 Best float precision: [-2 127 , 2 127 ] (23) Transform Feedback Coming in&nbsp; WebGL 2 Rasterizer Aliased Line Width Range: [1, 1] Aliased Point Size Range: [1, 1024] Fragment Shader Max Fragment Uniform Vectors: 1024 Max Texture Image Units: 16 float/int precision: highp/highp Best float precision: [-2 127 , 2 127 ] (23) Framebuffer Max Color Buffers: 8 RGBA Bits: [8, 8, 8, 8] Depth / Stencil Bits: [24, 8] Max Render Buffer Size: 16384 Max Viewport Dimensions: [32767, 32767] Textures Max Texture Size: 16384 Max Cube Map Texture Size: 16384 Max Combined Texture Image Units: 32 Max Anisotropy: 16 Uniform Buffers Coming in&nbsp; WebGL 2 Supported Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query EXT_float_blend EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_sRGB KHR_parallel_shader_compile OES_element_index_uint OES_fbo_render_mipmap OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? I have tried both the new light and old default setting Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? -- Both tried Were you using Explorer Mode or not? - Both tried Were you using Daylight Mode or not? - Both tried Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) I have tried every iteration I could think of. Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Hardware Acceleration turned on in browser Speedtest Results Upload - 31.01 Download -132.24 Ping values - 12

Edited 1586427569
So tokens that are meant as torches or fires, that are on the dynamic lighting or map layer do not show light. This is happening on purchased addons and modules as well as when I add it manually. If it is not a token that is controlled by the player(s) they do not see light it emits. This is quite disappointing.
Other than it being quite buggy, I'm a little disappointed.&nbsp; It seems that it's not as capable a system as what was previously being used. Nightvision seems binary on (and bright) or off (and dark).&nbsp; But nightvision in a lot of games is shadowy.&nbsp; I could replicate that in the old system by setting the token to emit light, but not have the light be visible, and could set it to have a -5 bright range, so that all the vision was shadowy/dim.&nbsp; Now, that's not an option.&nbsp; If I set the token in the new system to Nightvision, it's bright.&nbsp; If I set it to use low light, it's visible. The orcs at the bottom have (left orc) Nightvision 20' enabled, (right orc) Lowlight 20' enabled.&nbsp; Whilst the character has a torch 20'/20' Bright/Low And this shows what the character can see Basically, the nightvision should have an option to set to lowlight visibility rather than bright only.

Edited 1586433424
This new lighting system is an absolute mess. I switched over my hand-drawn "The Final Enemy" maps to it for my game, and re-set all the enemy tokens to utilise it. Unfortunately, not only did it turn out to be a terribly buggy mess with nightvision not actually differentiating dim and darkness (thus, not being suitable for darkvision), but it also broke all my enemy tokens after I set them up to work with it - I could no longer drag and drop them from my journal to the map, and they disappeared from the map itself. Not just one map, multiple maps. Like if you delete the token art, even though they all use the same very clearly not deleted token art. EDIT: Actually, playing around, I think Dynamic Lighting - both legacy and normal - don't work for me at all any more. So there goes one of my Plus perks.
Your not the only one Chirthorpe. Kinda a mess unfortunately.&nbsp;
I warned you Roll20 on the Pro Forum not to launch this to the public until you had more time to debug this system.&nbsp; You had delayed once and I commended you on that but you really didn't make any marked improvements before you launched on the 8th.&nbsp; And to find that this "Update", although Opt-In, still broke things that were not related to it, is unbelievable.&nbsp; And I never got an answer regarding whether players who have mediocre video cards will not work once we "Are Required" to switch of the the new Buggy Vision System?&nbsp; If this system is going to require everyone to have I9 Processors, Generation 15 Video Cards, 1 GB Bandwidth for Internet, and 64 GB of Ram, I will be done.&nbsp; I lived thru last year's debacle of "Updated" AFOW that to date, has never been fixed.&nbsp; Yeah, you threw me a bone with a Subscription Credit but if my players can't play, what is the point.&nbsp; I think it is time that Nolan T. Jones Address the User Base and let us know what will be done to reduce the shortcomings of this platform.&nbsp; I have made a large investment in purchases as well as an even larger investment in time to create my adventures, but, if this is what I have to look forward to, I must consider finding another route to run my D&amp;D 5E games.&nbsp; I am currently running both online and, when the quarantine is over, IRL, and have been using Roll20.&nbsp; I have brought quite a few people to D&amp;D 5E as well as Roll20 and I enjoy that the most.&nbsp; But if I am handcuffed and the functionality that I pay for is reduced or unplayable, what am I paying for?&nbsp; Sorry for the Rant but I saw this coming and it has been a train wreck just like last year.&nbsp; I thought you had learned something but obviously not.

Edited 1586441039
David
Sheet Author
What you were trying to do: &nbsp; &nbsp; Change dynamic lighting setting on the currently selected page (e.g. turn on explorer mode)&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; also &nbsp; &nbsp; Moving the player tab What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) &nbsp; &nbsp; Browser become unresponsive and eventually the p.c.becomes unresponsive.&nbsp; Browser &amp; OS info: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Chrome &amp; Windows 7 Is WebGL supported by your browser? Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (AMD Radeon HD 6450 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D11 Major Performance Caveat: No Vertex Shader Max Vertex Attributes: 16 Max Vertex Uniform Vectors: 4096 Max Vertex Texture Image Units: 16 Max Varying Vectors: 30 Best float precision: [-2 127 , 2 127 ] (23) Transform Feedback Coming in&nbsp; WebGL 2 Rasterizer Aliased Line Width Range: [1, 1] Aliased Point Size Range: [1, 1024] Fragment Shader Max Fragment Uniform Vectors: 1024 Max Texture Image Units: 16 float/int precision: highp/highp Best float precision: [-2 127 , 2 127 ] (23) Framebuffer Max Color Buffers: 8 RGBA Bits: [8, 8, 8, 8] Depth / Stencil Bits: [24, 8] Max Render Buffer Size: 16384 Max Viewport Dimensions: [32767, 32767] Textures Max Texture Size: 16384 Max Cube Map Texture Size: 16384 Max Combined Texture Image Units: 32 Max Anisotropy: 16 Uniform Buffers Coming in&nbsp; WebGL 2 Supported Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query EXT_float_blend EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_sRGB KHR_parallel_shader_compile OES_element_index_uint OES_fbo_render_mipmap OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) Game Settings Was anything changed from default? Map Settings &nbsp; &nbsp;Just Daylight and then tried to add Explorer&nbsp; Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? Bright light regular vision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Yes

Edited 1586444417
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm having issues with moving tokens when I give them vision with the updated dynamic lighting. What you were trying to do: Give a token vision, then try to move them. (Tried both moving them with mouse and with arrow keys) What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) The token won't drop when I let go of the mouse button or won't move when I use the arrow keys. I get the following error messages in Chrome's console output: On startup: app.js:569 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Promise.allSettled is not a function at d20.dyn_fog.UM.PlayerMask.requestUpdate (app.js:569) at app.js:569 at e.PlayerView.trigger (app.js:556) at app.js:569 and this whenever I try to move a token with vision: app.js?1586370433:569 Uncaught TypeError: Promise.allSettled is not a function at d20.dyn_fog.UM.RealtimeSync.queueCasterMove (app.js?1586370433:569) at CasterManager.stopTrackingCasterForImage (app.js?1586370433:569) at i.&lt;anonymous&gt; (app.js?1586370433:554) at i.n (app.js?1586370433:548) at HTMLDocument.&lt;anonymous&gt; (app.js?1586370433:577) at HTMLDocument.e.handler (base.js?1578419093:32) at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery-1.9.1.js:3074) at HTMLDocument.elemData.handle (jquery-1.9.1.js:2750) Steps to Reproduce: 1) Give a character vision using its updated dynamic lighting settings. 2) Try to move the token. 3) Drag and drop won't let go of the token. Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome&nbsp; Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit) Mac OS (Mojave v10.14.5) Is WebGL supported by your browser? Yes Platform: MacIntel Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc. Unmasked Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 M370X OpenGL Engine Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: No Major Performance Caveat: No Uniform Buffers Coming in&nbsp; WebGL 2 Supported Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query EXT_float_blend EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_sRGB OES_element_index_uint OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/884408/coding-sandbox" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/884408/coding-sandbox</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? No Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? No Were you using Daylight Mode or not? Yes and no. I've tried it with both. Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Regular vision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: On Update: Updating Chrome to the latest version ( Version 81.0.4044.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)) seems to have gotten things to work.
Sorry I don't have time to complete the whole bug report thing. Though it took me 2 seconds to discover this bug, so I am sure you must have seen it too. New system only, anything legacy deactivated: when I give night vision to a token, this token sees a black blob where the light radius of another token set with emitting light should be. In other words, other token's emitted light is actually a black darkness emission to my night vision enabled token.&nbsp; Do with this what you will

Edited 1586447898
As is, the new lighting is absolute crap. Im sure that for those that it actually works for, it may be fine. However for me it does not. Right now Im giving it negative 5 out of 3 stars. Since its launch, my game takes longer to load and if I actually try to turn on the new lighting, roll20 becomes unresponsive and or crashes. Worked just fine with the "legacy" lighting, even when using Dynamic Lighting with Advanced Fog of War. I thought this new lighting was supposed to be an improvement. Apparently its not, for many users. Maybe before you make the announcement of phasing out the "legacy" lighting system, you should make sure the new one actually works. Im hoping that y'all can fix these issues.&nbsp; Im using Chrome, my computer is compatible with webGL, and up til yesterday, everything worked just fine. So, what's up with the new lighting thats causing loading malfunctions and/or crashes? &nbsp;
I wasn't sure where to post this, since it doesn't technically involve the new lighting system, but I can report that in my current game, which features the legacy lighting system, I'm having the same Cmd-L problem others have reported here: namely, that when in Cmd-L mode with a player token, I can see objects on the GM layer. This is obviously not at all ideal. Also, I'm baffled by the decision to release this new functionality when it is so clearly not ready for primetime.&nbsp;
After trying out the updated lighting on the Dev server, my first comment before starting my group's game last night when I saw the lighting was on the Production server was to tell everyone that Roll20 may be an issue.&nbsp; Unfortunately this was true, from Characters unable to see tokens they were dropping on the map to general oddities in the lighting compared to the legacy lighting describe in the previous posts. This is not a bug, but I'm posting to voice my dissatisfaction to be paying for a subscription where my game gets upended by an anticipated but poorly deployed new feature.&nbsp; While I enjoy Roll20, for my weekend game I'm going to have to start looking around for an alternative online tool as a backup plan. I imagine it is all hands on deck, so I look forward to seeing restoration of baseline performance and hopefully the improved performance that is supposed to come with the new lighting.
Hard pass. A player has somehow managed to get "explored" (i.e. greyed out) vision of the entire of level 1 of WDotMM.&nbsp; I am completely, utterly and totally incapable of revoking this vision.&nbsp; I'm going back to the old system. Sorry for not doing a bug report, I've just spent 1.5 hours trying to figure out what the hell is wrong, logging in and out as them, and I've got a game on so I'm setting all the maps and tokens back to the old system.&nbsp;

Edited 1586450070
I don't know who keeps making the decision to release unfinished tools in Roll20 (and unfinished *paid* products, btw, such as the Pathfinder 2e rule book - I could go on) but please, stop it. Lighting is going to be a sore subject here considering the amount of failed action taken here as well as the time that Roll20 customers have waited. And waited. I have helped find issues with other things, such as the Starfinder character sheet but, this? I won't be a beta tester to this. I sincerely hope it is removed until it is fixed, given how many reports here saying they can't even revert back without serious issues. Please, reconsider this decision and others going forward, and give more realistic time frames.
I subscribed to Pro again to try this out. When I had a session, 3 of my 5 players hit a major showstopper bug that made it impossible to play properly. What you were trying to do:&nbsp; Play using updated lighting, OR with not updated lighting. What happened: &nbsp;3 of my 5 players reported inability to see their own characters, as well as leaking light areas. One of them made an animated gif of what he was seeing. You can see in this some light triangles in the top left and bottom left that should not be there. In addition, where the party is actually located - in the long stretch of hallway in the middle right - these 3 players could see none of the party tokens. Turning off Updated Dynamic Lighting and using old, basic Fog of War instead fixed the lighting issues, but did not allow the players to see party tokens. They were able to see OTHER tokens - like enemies - just not any of the 5 party character tokens. This persisted through reloading Roll20, turning off the updated dynamic lighting and just using old Fog of War instead, and turning off vision on the tokens. Nothing seemed to work, I was not able to allow these players to see their tokens again. 2 of the 5 players reported it working perfectly. Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to play. Browser &amp; OS info: All the players encountering issues were using Chrome. I did not see the issue, I am using Brave. The versions of Chrome reported were 80.0.3987.149 and 81.0.4044.92. Is WebGL supported by your browser?&nbsp; These from two of the players encountering the issue: Game Link: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5981528/dragon-heist" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5981528/dragon-heist</a> Game Settings &nbsp;Nothing was changed from the default that I know of. Map Settings &nbsp;I tried with both Legacy and Updated, Explorer Mode and not. I did not change Daylight. Token Settings &nbsp;I tried all sorts of settings. The player reporting vision where he shouldn't had 60 ft Darkvision. One of the tokens had 20/20 light emission due to a Light spell. Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: It was the players,&nbsp;I do not know.
Kalagari said: Kalagari said: Hello, Another thing I have noticed is that the tokens I have set up to represent torches, on the lighting layer, do not have produce their light unless you move the token around. It's as if the lighting only kicks in for the first time when you "drop" the token. Adding pictures to demonstrate the issues I am experiencing. When I initially load the map: After I move the light(yellow dot towards the bottom left): Hey Kalagari -&nbsp; Just to check, were these tokens something you already had set up for legacy lighting and then switched over? Also, would you mind providing me the name of the game that this occurred with please? Thank you!&nbsp;&nbsp;
Heath C. said: Thanks for releasing this, looking forward to being able to use Explorer mode. In regards to the known bugs below: Light bleeds through some corners in Dynamic Lighting barriers (in explorer mode, this can result in areas being revealed). Dragging a token next to a Dynamic Lighting barrier can result in vision past the barrier. Is there any information you want if this is experienced, and are there any ways to mitigate this, since these essentially mean that the Updated Dynamic lighting is unusable if attempting to prevent players from seeing beyond the dynamic light barriers. I have tried multiple barriers layered without success. Hey Heath C. -&nbsp; We don't need additional information for these particular bugs at this time. Also, we have no methods to provide for mitigation right now. However, these bugs will definitely be addressed prior to phasing out Legacy System. Thanks for checking in here!
Probably not a bug report but a general question about the implementation of the new system over the legacy one and Marketplace campaigns/addon purchases. Right now can change from the legacy system to the new one in any page but all of the tokens are not updated when using let's say, Mines of phandelver. So, when do you think that is gonna be updated? does it depend on the creator of the addon? And thanks.
Travis M. said: Not a bug, per se, but the new light render makes a much smoother transition from bright light to dim light. This is pretty, but also entirely useless from a rules perspective. If I have actual distinct mechanics that function in dim light but not in bright light, I can no longer tell at a glance which squares have which light levels. Hey Travis M -&nbsp; We are definitely reviewing this and are looking towards a solution that will satisfy many different use cases. Thank you for your input here! :)

Edited 1586454603
Drespar said: Hi Corvin [ 1 ], Round shapes are actually not supported in Legacy Dynamic Lighting (this includes hand drawn lines) due to performance issues. Round shapes will also not be supported in Updated Dynamic Lighting at this time. So basically a release that is so far less and also breaks features that have been in play?&nbsp; What are we paying for again if Dynamic Lighting is not Dynamic any longer? This seems like several steps back people, just to make a "easy" toggle click for whom? Maybe a back out is in order until we can get the whole package, lets not play the Agile/SCRUM game...
Techno Al said: Well done to all for the really constructive criticism here. If you guys &amp; gals at R20 can fix anything quickly, please fix the Dark Vision. Its way too bright and destroys the ambience. When you walk in the dark, you dont see perfectly up to a point then have a sudden wall of darkness. Shame you had to roll this out just before easter, during lockdown. How many disappointed punters are going to logging on this weekend! Thank you!&nbsp; Took the words right out of my mouth.
Nicholas said: Kalagari said: Kalagari said: Hello, Another thing I have noticed is that the tokens I have set up to represent torches, on the lighting layer, do not have produce their light unless you move the token around. It's as if the lighting only kicks in for the first time when you "drop" the token. Adding pictures to demonstrate the issues I am experiencing. When I initially load the map: After I move the light(yellow dot towards the bottom left): Hey Kalagari -&nbsp; Just to check, were these tokens something you already had set up for legacy lighting and then switched over? Also, would you mind providing me the name of the game that this occurred with please? Thank you!&nbsp;&nbsp; Hello Nicholas, This was set up ahead of time as part of the Princes of the Apocalypse module I purchased. I then went in and added the settings for the new lighting system, for this page. link to the game:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4437899/pota" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4437899/pota</a> I am also curious if tokens in purchased modules will be updated to the new lighting system or if I will need to go in and update each and every map myself. Thanks, Kal &nbsp;
Any answer to my post? I can't play at all with no vision.&nbsp;
What you were trying to do: Run Hrakhammar in Tomb of Annihilation for a party of 5 players, each with different vision settings. What happened: Once the players began moving around, my computer froze and crashed. Around this point the entire dynamic lighting disappeared for two players and they could see the entire map. Steps to Reproduce: Load the Hrakhammar map in Tomb of Annihilation. Remove sight from all NPC tokens. Convert all the light sources on the dynamic lighting layer to the new system (20 ft bright + 20 ft dim). Add animated spell effects for smoke in area 8 on the map layer. Add five player character tokens with sight (1 with 120 ft darkvision, 1 with 60 ft darkvision, 2 with 20 ft bright + 20 ft dim that all players can see to represent torches, 1 with sight only). Add six npc companion tokens without sight alongside the party. Turn on both Dynamic Lighting and Explorer mode. Have your players begin moving player character tokens around the map. This issue also occurs with Explorer mode disabled. Browser &amp; OS info: macOS 10.15.4 Chrome&nbsp; 81.0.4044.92 Is WebGL supported by your browser? Platform: MacIntel Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.92 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc. Unmasked Renderer: AMD Radeon Pro 560X OpenGL Engine Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: No Major Performance Caveat: No Supported Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_disjoint_timer_query EXT_float_blend EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_sRGB OES_element_index_uint OES_fbo_render_mipmap OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context Game Link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6281301/jungles-of-chult" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6281301/jungles-of-chult</a> Game Settings Share compendium with players, add dex tiebreaker to initiative, show modifier fields Map Settings Using Updated Issue occurs both when using Explorer Mode and not using Explorer Mode Not using Daylight Mode Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) 1 token with 120 ft night vision 1 token with 60 ft night vision 2 tokens with 20 ft bright light + 20 ft low light that all can see 1 token with regular vision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Hardware Acceleration turned On in Chrome Speedtest Results Upload, Download, and Ping values. 100.83 Mbps Upload, 104.67 Mbps Download, 3 ms Ping
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Fernando Rico said: Any answer to my post? I can't play at all with no vision.&nbsp; Hi Fernando Rico, I checked your game, and you have Fog of War enabled, which you either need to use the Fog of War tools to Reveal the Area or disable Fog or War on the Page Settings &nbsp; Animated, click to play
Any response or update for those of us who are stuck on infinite loading screens?

Edited 1586460952
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Justin R. said: Any response or update for those of us who are stuck on infinite loading screens? Try loading from a private browsing window. If you get in, turn off the DL settings that are causing problems. If that doesn't work, try setting up a&nbsp; Dummy Account &nbsp;and promoting it to GM. If the page you were on as GM is not the same page as the one with the player flag, the Dummy Account should be able to access the problematic page settings without loading the page. EDIT: On the off chance this is not connected to UDL, there's also a current investigation to a similar problem going on here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8426341/stuck-on-loading-screen-dot-dot-dot" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8426341/stuck-on-loading-screen-dot-dot-dot</a>
Hello, I´m experiencing some problems using feature of dynamic lightning in both old and new format. Attached are the details requested above with technical information. What you were trying to do: Try to set the new feature of light in my game. Old dynamic lighting doesn´t work too. Ctrl L don´t work. What happened: &nbsp; On new feature, the browser hangs always and reload again and again the map in a black screen. On old feature, it doesn´t load anything of light and Ctrl+L now works to check if light is on. Steps to Reproduce: simply load the game. Browser &amp; OS info: chrome Versión 80.0.3987.163 (Build oficial) (64 bits) Windows 10 Is WebGL supported by your browser? Yes it is, in version 1 and 2. WebGL 1: Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl GL Version: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D11 Major Performance Caveat: No WebGL 2: Platform: Win32 Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36 Context Name: webgl2 GL Version: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Shading Language Version: WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) Vendor: WebKit Renderer: WebKit WebGL Unmasked Vendor: Google Inc. Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0) Antialiasing: Available ANGLE: Yes, D3D11 Game Link :&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5999351" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5999351</a> Game Settings Anything has changed. Map Settings The settings is new feature with explorer mode on, but it doesn´t works. On old feature, I setup everything as always and Ctrl+L doesn´t works. Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: Turned on Kind Regards!
keithcurtis said: Justin R. said: Any response or update for those of us who are stuck on infinite loading screens? Try loading from a private browsing window. If you get in, turn off the DL settings that are causing problems. If that doesn't work, try setting up a&nbsp; Dummy Account &nbsp;and promoting it to GM. If the page you were on as GM is not the same page as the one with the player flag, the Dummy Account should be able to access the problematic page settings without loading the page. EDIT: On the off chance this is not connected to UDL, there's also a current investigation to a similar problem going on here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8426341/stuck-on-loading-screen-dot-dot-dot" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8426341/stuck-on-loading-screen-dot-dot-dot</a> Hi Keith, Thanks for the response. I believe that that discussion (which I am also following) is a direct result of the UDL update. Some of the players there report that they were able to use roll20 on Tuesday evening, but then not once the update was rolled out. Myself included. I've tried adjusting my settings by logging into roll20 from my mobile browser on my phone, but the problem persists even with DL settings turned off. The same problem persists if I go through private browsing.
What you were trying to do:&nbsp; Testing the new dynamic function to learn how it works. We were going to use a token to reveal the explored areas of level 2 of DotMM&nbsp; What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) Turning on the NEW dynamic lighting on level 2 or level 4 of DotMM would reveal (For that character) space on level 3, the level they are currently on. From the Screenshot, the 2 areas that are off by themselves are the start of LEVEL 4 (circle up top) and the decent into level 3 (random reveal south of the main dungeon)&nbsp; Steps to Reproduce: Copy a token from level 3, paste it on level 2 or 4 and turn on dynamic lighting and explorer mode and start exploring. It revealed areas on level 3 as it was revealing space on level 2/4.&nbsp; Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome, most current and W10 Is WebGL supported by your browser? Please visit&nbsp; <a href="https://webglreport.com/" rel="nofollow">https://webglreport.com/</a> &nbsp;and copy/paste the WebGL1 report from there. Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) Game Settings Was anything changed from default? No Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? yes Were you using Daylight Mode or not? no Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? The new dynamic lighting - Token as source of light (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system: no Speedtest Results Upload, Download, and Ping values. Console Log
What you were trying to do: Use a candle with dark vision What happened: &nbsp;(Screen shots are useful here!) Steps to Reproduce: Character has dark vision 60 and there is a light source with 10 feet of low light. No other light present. Browser &amp; OS info: Chrome Version 81.0.4044.92 / Windows 10&nbsp; Is WebGL supported by your browser? ✓ This browser supports WebGL 1 Game Link: &nbsp;(The URL when you're looking at your Game Details page) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6150493/dungeon-of-the-mad-mage" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/6150493/dungeon-of-the-mad-mage</a> Game Settings Was anything changed from default? No Map Settings Are you using Legacy or Updated? Updated Were you using Explorer Mode or not? No Were you using Daylight Mode or not? No Token Settings What kinds of light and vision were utilized on tokens? (bright light, low light, night vision, regular vision) Low light on the light token on the dynamic lighting layer. Dark vision on the character Do you have Hardware Acceleration turned On or Off in your browser or system:&nbsp; On
Broken with the update: - Players can see through chinks in dynamic lighting walls with the new system. - The cog doesn't work on popped out NPC character sheets. Only when it is not popped out. - Occasionally players lose visibility of all other tokens. - Light sources that exist on all(?) official content don't work with the new system, and need to be set up manually.
When a player crashes out (because the servers are trash tonight since the update), and they eventually rejoin, their token snaps back to where it was when they crashed out. (DM was moving it with party while they were lost)