Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Official Starfinder Character Sheet 1.0

Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hey folks, I missed getting the changelog posted last week. Additionally, there's another bug fix that just went live today. So, without further ado let's get to it. First, last week's release: Starfinder Official v1.011553605200 Bug Fixes NPC rolls should all now calculate correctly. Special ability attack rolls were not working correctly. Additionally, critical damage of NPCs for all repeating sections were not calculating correctly. CSS fix for misaligned "tot" header in attribute (e.g. strength, dexterity, etc) container. Feature changes Minor CSS change to make sheet header buttons (e.g. equipment or spells) on the pc sheet react to hovering. And, this week's bug fix: Bug Fixes Fix for squashing of the condition track display (e.g. poisons and diseases) reported by Cassy Wolf and LotsOfLore; thanks for the reports. Unfortunately, I didn't see the report of the condition-NPC interaction from LotsOfLore until the submission was already locked. I'll investigate this over the next week, and hopefully get a fix out next week. See you all out in the Drift, Scott
Scott C. said: Hey folks, I missed getting the changelog posted last week. Additionally, there's another bug fix that just went live today. So, without further ado let's get to it. First, last week's release: Starfinder Official v1.011553605200 Bug Fixes NPC rolls should all now calculate correctly. Special ability attack rolls were not working correctly. Additionally, critical damage of NPCs for all repeating sections were not calculating correctly. CSS fix for misaligned "tot" header in attribute (e.g. strength, dexterity, etc) container. Feature changes Minor CSS change to make sheet header buttons (e.g. equipment or spells) on the pc sheet react to hovering. And, this week's bug fix: Bug Fixes Fix for squashing of the condition track display (e.g. poisons and diseases) reported by Cassy Wolf and LotsOfLore; thanks for the reports. Unfortunately, I didn't see the report of the condition-NPC interaction from LotsOfLore until the submission was already locked. I'll investigate this over the next week, and hopefully get a fix out next week. See you all out in the Drift, Scott That's great, thank you Scott!
Question: does anyone know how to make the Focus Spell feat mod to add +1 to spells DC in a way that it correctly only adds 1 to SPELLS dc and not to everything? e.g. +1 to dc .... then |category ? or |type ? or what? I have tried a few but nothing seems to work for me Thank you

Edited 1554465378
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Section is the filter you're looking for: +1 to dc|section:spell
Scott C. said: Section is the filter you're looking for: +1 to dc|section:spell Oh! Thanks for that!! Cheers
Hi Scott, Noticed a display bug with starship sheets during my session earlier this week, seems to be the same thing other users reported with the condition tracker. Specifically the damage and special fields are squashed down to almost nothing, as you can see in the screenshot below. In addition, something funky is going on with my NPC attack rolls since the last update. Specifically, full attacks are subtracting the NPC's relevant attribute modifier from all attack rolls except the first, while multiattacks are adding the same modifier to all attack rolls in addition to the NPC's standard attack bonus. Toggling the "attack rolls affected by buffs to" field appears to fix the issue but I figured I should let you know anyway. Thanks, MS

Edited 1555006327
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi folks, New release today Starfinder by Roll20 v1.001554814800 Bug Fixes Display error in ship system and weapons sections Crash when handling conditions on NPCs, especially those dropped from Alien Archive, but was affecting all NPCs Preexisting NPC attacks, spells, and abilities were not updating their ability selects correctly. Feature Changes Support for incoming NPC spell compendium data. No change will be seen yet; this is a backend change to support some coming features. Mod Wizard: A guided walkthrough to apply bonuses and penalties using the sheet’s mod syntax. You can switch back to the manual text entry in the settings menu. Known Issues There is a button for charactermancer. This is not actually active yet.
Nice!
I have noticed that on the Starship Sheet the Frame field doesn't calculate the BP cost into the total. Should it be or do I plug that in somewhere else?
To figure in the Frame cost in my Starships, I just put it in as another entry in the repeating fields.  I usually put it in as an Expansion Bay.   That is my work-around anyway.  
Scott C. said: Hi folks, New release today Starfinder by Roll20 v1.001554814800 Bug Fixes Display error in ship system and weapons sections Crash when handling conditions on NPCs, especially those dropped from Alien Archive, but was affecting all NPCs Preexisting NPC attacks, spells, and abilities were not updating their ability selects correctly. Feature Changes Support for incoming NPC spell compendium data. No change will be seen yet; this is a backend change to support some coming features. Mod Wizard: A guided walkthrough to apply bonuses and penalties using the sheet’s mod syntax. You can switch back to the manual text entry in the settings menu. Known Issues There is a button for charactermancer. This is not actually active yet. NICE! Can't wait for the new features, thanks so much! 
Cody N. said: I have noticed that on the Starship Sheet the Frame field doesn't calculate the BP cost into the total. Should it be or do I plug that in somewhere else? Yes, like Luke H. said, you could add an entry called "Frame" in systems or expansion bays and input the BP cost of the frame there. That will add it to the total. I then usually write the maximum BP for current rank in the text description of that entry, just so I can check it easily.
LotsOfLore said: Cody N. said: I have noticed that on the Starship Sheet the Frame field doesn't calculate the BP cost into the total. Should it be or do I plug that in somewhere else? Yes, like Luke H. said, you could add an entry called "Frame" in systems or expansion bays and input the BP cost of the frame there. That will add it to the total. I then usually write the maximum BP for current rank in the text description of that entry, just so I can check it easily. Probably doesn't need to be said, but you can do the same thing, or something similar, with new weapon mounts as well.
plaidinum said: LotsOfLore said: Cody N. said: I have noticed that on the Starship Sheet the Frame field doesn't calculate the BP cost into the total. Should it be or do I plug that in somewhere else? Yes, like Luke H. said, you could add an entry called "Frame" in systems or expansion bays and input the BP cost of the frame there. That will add it to the total. I then usually write the maximum BP for current rank in the text description of that entry, just so I can check it easily. Probably doesn't need to be said, but you can do the same thing, or something similar, with new weapon mounts as well. That's what I ended up doing just to make it all add up. Maybe someday we'll get that sweet, sweet functionality. :)
So I'm new to this sheet, and scripts in general. I'm trying to use the ammo script from earlier in this thread, specifically: !wammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[[[-@{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*@{full_attack_number}]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] @{ammo_type} but it doesn't seem to be doing anything... Do I need to be modifying it in some way? Apologies for the newbie.
You need access to the API...  I've never really had that pleasure, so I'm not on very solid ground as I talk about it.  From what I know, you (or the GM, if that isn't you) have to be a paying member, and activate the API. Unfortunately, that is the extent of my knowledge.
Oh, I'm on a haiatus from subscription while I set up the upcoming campaign, so that could explain it. I didn't realize that was a pay-only feature. Huh.

Edited 1556058952
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Welcome to the sheet Elizabeth. ISP has the right of it mostly. To clarify though, the creator of the game must have an active pro subscription, which then allows any gm in the game to add or remove API scripts. Feel free to ask any questions or drop any comments you have on the sheet.

Edited 1556098505
Vindikaell
Translator
Hi,  Fisrt, great job, verry good sheet ! But, possibility to add an Initiative mod? And is missing Sleigh of hand in the wizard mod^^
Re :) I see the SP and RP calculation is not corect. SP point need to be : Constitution + classe base at lvl 1 and add mod Con + classe base for the other lvl. Is missing Constitution value.  RP need to be 1/2 +3, is missing the "+3" 
Vindikaell said: Re :) I see the SP and RP calculation is not corect. SP point need to be : Constitution + classe base at lvl 1 and add mod Con + classe base for the other lvl. Is missing Constitution value.  RP need to be 1/2 +3, is missing the "+3"  Calculations for SPs and RPs are fine for me. In this example it's 49 SP (6 class + 1 CON x 7), and for RPs it's 7 (7/2 rounding down + WIS) I don't see any error.
Oh ! sorry ! I have dont read corectly the core book !
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Vindikaell, For the initiative, until I get the sheet updated with initiative and sleight of hand handling for the wizard, you can select "Custom Attribute" and enter "initiative" or "sleight of hand" in the text field that will replace the dropdown select.

Edited 1556234783
Hi Scott! I had some thoughts to share with you about some things I've noticed while running my game with it. When you create a sheet, it lists circumstance Bonuses and Luck Bonuses as default stacking. I just wanted point out that Luck bonuses stacking isn't supported by the Core Rulebook, only Circumstance bonuses from different sources stack. This makes it kind of a pain to always have to correct the sheet. (pg 266-267) When a character has an odd Strength score, your character sheet rounds up on a character's encumbrance (A Str 11 character would have a 6 encumbrance on your sheet) which isn't correct as you always round down unless it's said otherwise. This isn't a problem with the sheet itself but rather with the Starfinder Official wiki post which gets Backpacks encumbrance changes backwards. Commercial backpacks increase the wearer's effective Str score by 1 for Bulk calculations, which means it would always increase Overburden by 1 and would increase Encumbrance by 1 if it made the wearers Str effectively even (Str 11 to Str 12 for example) while Industrial would increase Overburden by 2 and Encumber by 1. I can make the wiki edits but I feel kinda like I'm overstepping by editing a more official page. Finally, Vesk's Armor Savant and Bodyguard can lower Armor Check Penalty and the armor upgrade Agility Enhancer can sometimes only reduce ACP for Acrobatics alone but the Mod section doesn't seem to allow positive direction changes to ACP (thereby negating the ACP on a suit of armor). You might have implemented it this way due to a technical limitation (inability to hard cap ACP to 0 perhaps) but if that isn't the case, I thought I'd let you know. [[It looks like the die rolls for ACP skills calculates the ACP negation correctly (though it doesn't hard cap to 0) but the character sheet doesn't display correctly]] I've been enjoying your sheet and I think it's very powerful. I've been using it to help practice a bit with API as well. Thanks for all the hard work and help you've provided.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the feedback Rey; and for the compliments. You've made some good points and suggestions. Here's my thinking on them: Rey G. said: When you create a sheet, it lists circumstance Bonuses and Luck Bonuses as default stacking. I just wanted point out that Luck bonuses stacking isn't supported by the Core Rulebook, only Circumstance bonuses from different sources stack. This makes it kind of a pain to always have to correct the sheet. (pg 266-267) Thank you for pointing this out. I apparently misread that page and thought that luck bonuses worked the same as in Pathfinder. I'll put a ticket in to get that updated. When a character has an odd Strength score, your character sheet rounds up on a character's encumbrance (A Str 11 character would have a 6 encumbrance on your sheet) which isn't correct as you always round down unless it's said otherwise. This is a UI decision on my part. The sheet displays the bulk at which you would be encumbered (6 in your example), not the highest bulk you can carry without being encumbered (5 in your example). What this has made me realize is that the default value for the encumber bulk does not follow this design decision, which is probably where the confusion stems from. This isn't a problem with the sheet itself but rather with the Starfinder Official wiki post which gets Backpacks encumbrance changes backwards. Commercial backpacks increase the wearer's effective Str score by 1 for Bulk calculations, which means it would always increase Overburden by 1 and would increase Encumbrance by 1 if it made the wearers Str effectively even (Str 11 to Str 12 for example) while Industrial would increase Overburden by 2 and Encumber by 1. I can make the wiki edits but I feel kinda like I'm overstepping by editing a more official page. Thank you for pointing this out. I'll update the wiki to note that, and that it is something that may have to be updated periodically as your ability scores change from 1-20. Finally, Vesk's Armor Savant and Bodyguard can lower Armor Check Penalty and the armor upgrade Agility Enhancer can sometimes only reduce ACP for Acrobatics alone but the Mod section doesn't seem to allow positive direction changes to ACP (thereby negating the ACP on a suit of armor). You might have implemented it this way due to a technical limitation (inability to hard cap ACP to 0 perhaps) but if that isn't the case, I thought I'd let you know.  [[It looks like the die rolls for ACP skills calculates the ACP negation correctly (though it doesn't hard cap to 0) but the character sheet doesn't display correctly]] Hmm, I'll need to take a look at the code here. The original reason that I didn't support modifiers to the ACP was that it was handled differently from other bonuses and I couldn't come up with a simple syntax for modifying the ACP, but as I was responding to your comment I'm not sure this logic still holds (and it sounds like at least half the work to fully implement it is done). I'll add a ticket to investigate this, but it's going to be behind some other features that are in development at the moment and are a higher priority. Thanks again for your feedback; see you out in the Drift, Scott
Is there any way they'll add a drop down to the damage modifier? 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
In what way do you mean Cristofer? Can you expand that idea a little?
Sure, so I can add my ability modifier via drop down menu to the attack roll, but not to my damage rolls, currently I would have to enter for exampe "1d8+3 (3 being my DEX mod)". I'm guessing because it's cluttered as it is? 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, that is already in. It follows immediately after the dice roll expression:
 This is how it appears on my end

Edited 1556249231
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Interesting. Can you try widening your character sheet window? I'm wondering if the css display isn't adapting to smaller character windows well. EDIT: Hmm, no that wouldn't be it, it doesn't shrink past a certain point.
That solved it, never would have guessed that would have been an issue
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Really?! hmm, that shouldn't have. The sheet shouldn't shrink past a certain point. What system/browser are you using?
latest version of firefox, I tried shrinking the window even smaller, it seems that that drop down is the only thing lost when resized smaller
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Huh, thanks for the info Cristofer, Apparently in Firefox the rendering is different from chrome and requires more space. I'll have to figure out what's going on there.
Np, just started through the core book and wanted to test out character creation before I run my player and noticed that issue
Hi Scott, thank for awnser ! Do you have a tutorial for the "attach" command? I don't understand how is work :(

Edited 1556280875
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The attacher field is a freeform field that you can use to change parts of the default roll template, attach other rolls, or (if your game is a pro game) attach API commands to be run with the roll. It's roughly outlined in the wiki .
Ok, it's only for template, right?  So I havre an other request :) In th wizard mod, we can add weapon damage and weapon attack mod. It's cool, but is it possible to separate ranged and melee weapon? I wish to add i thing like this : ?{Portée |Normale,0|Bout portant,2|Longue,-5} +?{Viser?|Non,0|Oui,2}, to all my ranged attack (and don't want to need to rewright this all the time in all my ranged weapon, for exemple.  Sorry if you don't understand me, maybe you speak french? :p

Edited 1556302888
Vindikaell said: Ok, it's only for template, right?  So I havre an other request :) In th wizard mod, we can add weapon damage and weapon attack mod. It's cool, but is it possible to separate ranged and melee weapon? I wish to add i thing like this : ?{Portée |Normale,0|Bout portant,2|Longue,-5} +?{Viser?|Non,0|Oui,2}, to all my ranged attack (and don't want to need to rewright this all the time in all my ranged weapon, for exemple.  Sorry if you don't understand me, maybe you speak french? :p Speak French, Non. But -you can add these to the mods for the equipment items, Scope, Visor and at the end add "|engagement_range:ranged" and that will limit the mod to attacks listed as ranged. Edited to add: For melee - "|engagement_range:melee"
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
To add on to Deiko's excellent advice, if you are using the wizard, then select custom attribute and enter: attack|engagement_range:ranged You can substitute damage for attack to affect the weapon damage instead.
Ok, I will test this.  For Initative modifier, it's don't work :( I had a "custom value" in the wizard mod, but it's don't work. 
Scott C. said: To add on to Deiko's excellent advice, if you are using the wizard, then select custom attribute and enter: attack|engagement_range:ranged You can substitute damage for attack to affect the weapon damage instead. By the way, I have to say I'm blown out by the new wizard function for making mods. It's something I was dreaming to see implemented and I just love it, so thank you so much :D
Hello, i am new to the whole starfinder character sheet, but there is a thing i have noticed with the npc attacks from the compendium. and it looks something like this  And i just cant figure out just what is going on.
I believe the attack is looking for the Dexterity_base attribute and it cannot find it. Some times sheets can loose values, especially after updates  it does happen. I would check your Dex in your statistics field towards the bottom of the sheet. Your dex modifier should be 4  for a drow enforcer per the Alien archive. If its not you can add it. If it is there then try setting back to zero and then closing and reopening the sheet then changing it back.  I did some testing on my own, the dexterity_base  on new sheet is only created once the field is changed.  If its not creating that could be a bug, but i am not seeing it on manually created PC/NPC's so if its from the AA/Compendium perhaps something a bit wonky there.  Another work around you can try is click on the attributes tab and look for the field dexterity_base if its not there you could manually create it and see if the attack roll starts working correctly from that point forward.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi knight, this is unfortunately a bug with NPC attacks. There will be a fix released Tuesday.
How's this sheet coming along? We've been up to our eyeballs in pathfinder for months partly because the early starfinder sheets did not have simple text-commands that we could macro for our blind-player. Can this one be executed purely from text yet? Or is a big ole macro to call to the sheet for every skill/attack/ability still? Basically as soon as I can write a macro that says "do bob's attack1" then we're set. Otherwise I have to change 20 or so macros every time that character levels up. I know this is asking a lot so we don't expect it ever, just curious. :D
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can call the macros generated by the sheet using the ability syntax in chat (e.g. %{Starfinder|repeating_attack_$0_roll} or %{Starfinder|acrobatics}. This feature has been a part of this sheet and the community curated simple SF sheet since they were both created, perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're asking for? Additionally this sheet creates chat menus that you can send to chat and select what attack, skill, spell, etc you want to roll without even needing to open the sheet (simply add the menu macros to your macro hotbar).
Scott - one thing with the chat menu option is that even with whisper to the player, my other players see them.

Edited 1556466111
Tobias M., When I'm running, I create game macros from the menu's as token macro's and replace  the character name with "Selected". Then I can click on any token and run the command from the macro bar. You do have to change a few up if you are using them as NPC vs. a PC.