Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CombatMaster Alpha

Edited 1584972542
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@GKDM, I just ran through your turn order multiple times with reroll initiative each round an no issues.  Are you still having an issue?   @Keith, is token-mod now working?  If so, AWESOME! @Everyone, concentration is one of many Robin scripts.  Robin was a very good and prolific API coder for a while.  He hasn't been around in quite a while.  If it's being highly used, I can add support into it for custom markers.  There is code to "observe" the concentration script within CM but I've got that commented out at the moment.   @Badger, I just turned center map on token to off and it doesn't center at all.  The map doesn't move at all
keithcurtis said: I just keep a button in my macro bar with a thought cloud emoji. It toggles the concentration marker on selected tokens. I have the same setup. I keep a button with the thinking emoji in my bar for concentration (and a whole bunch of other buttons with emoji against different backgrounds).
Victor B. said: @Everyone, concentration is one of many Robin scripts.  Robin was a very good and prolific API coder for a while.  He hasn't been around in quite a while.  If it's being highly used, I can add support into it for custom markers.  There is code to "observe" the concentration script within CM but I've got that commented out at the moment.   Yes, please? :)
Ravenknight said: Victor B. said: @Everyone, concentration is one of many Robin scripts.  Robin was a very good and prolific API coder for a while.  He hasn't been around in quite a while.  If it's being highly used, I can add support into it for custom markers.  There is code to "observe" the concentration script within CM but I've got that commented out at the moment.   Yes, please? :) Yes, definitely! :)
@Victor, hello hello, I always miss ya when you join lol I was making a mistake and discovered how to correct, and was about to post here when I thought I had something to say.  My mistake: I was rolling initiative outside of CMaster. Using a mass rolling macro, I didn't think this was a problem because CMaster was still triggered and functioned normally on the first round of rerolling init and on most rounds in regular init (though it would break down around round 3 and start adding 'Round 1' objects that would crash the script.  "Fix": Selecting all tokens and using the built in CMaster button or Macro that ties to that button  allows for rerolling init and no errors even at 12 rounds in. aka "run the script how its supposed to be ran" lol You have probably documented that in the many handouts and I must've skimmed over it. 
Victor B. said: @Everyone, concentration is one of many Robin scripts.  Robin was a very good and prolific API coder for a while.  He hasn't been around in quite a while.  If it's being highly used, I can add support into it for custom markers.  There is code to "observe" the concentration script within CM but I've got that commented out at the moment.   I wouldn't hate it.
I can't get the script to work. I send "!cmaster" into the chat and nothing hapens, although I get this message at the API Output Console: "CombatMaster Ready! Command: !cmaster". What exactly does it need to function properly? 
Dumbhuman
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Maurício Garcia said: I can't get the script to work. I send "!cmaster" into the chat and nothing hapens, although I get this message at the API Output Console: "CombatMaster Ready! Command: !cmaster". What exactly does it need to function properly?  !cmaster --main
If concentraion and deathtracker were adding in I would be down two API. Just my 2 cents.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Deathmaster is another that has commented out code inside CM.  I'll talk a look after I find some toilet paper.  
@Everyone, yall, email Victor some toilet paper so we can all shine.
@Victor I used all of Robin's APIs and loved them all they are great, I was the one that suggested adding healing splatter to Death. I love Concentration it makes it so much easier to keep with it. I have seen and been guilty of forgetting to make Conc rolls, it is something that absolutely should be automated in this amazing world of VTT.
@Victor - Tried importing again after getting the Import script from my other game to send to you to test, and it worked fine (typical!). What I noticed was that you have to be VERY careful to select the text, and nothing else (not that easy in the Chat window - Roll20 easily selects part of the surrounding box). Just an FYI for others...I found checking by importing it into a Word Processor to make sure only what was needed helped. If there was ability to Copy directly to the clipboard that would be awesome - otherwise just a note in help to make sure people were careful in selecting the Export text, to prevent a bunch of "user error" issues (blushes guiltily!)

Edited 1585036828
Lucas X.
Translator
I dont know if this is a Combat Master glitch but I use DeathTracker (also Robins' i think) to put the "sleepy" marker when a PC reaches 0 HP and the "dead" marker when a NPC reached 0 hp automatically. My unconscious marker is the "sleepy" one, so it would send automatically when they reach 0 HP. I dont mind using roll20's markers, but I found a glitch on 1.8: When the PC's reaches 0 HP it sends the conditions 3 to 6 times on the chat, like if it's being removed and added. But if anyone has any other API with the same functionality, I appreciate it.
@Lucas I've noticed that issue in my game where I'm still using Victor's last version of CT. I feel like it may be a Death Tracker bug.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Alexander Mann said: @Victor - Tried importing again after getting the Import script from my other game to send to you to test, and it worked fine (typical!). What I noticed was that you have to be VERY careful to select the text, and nothing else (not that easy in the Chat window - Roll20 easily selects part of the surrounding box). Just an FYI for others...I found checking by importing it into a Word Processor to make sure only what was needed helped. If there was ability to Copy directly to the clipboard that would be awesome - otherwise just a note in help to make sure people were careful in selecting the Export text, to prevent a bunch of "user error" issues (blushes guiltily!) Depending on your OS(?), a triple click on the config string should select it all. It's all one paragraph.
I purchased Keith's awesome token markers and decided that now was the time to re-vamp my combat with Combat Master.  I was using Combat Tracker and Status Info before.  So, now I'm trying to make it all work with the new tokens.  I assume I need to change to custom tokens, when I try to change a condition to the new markers, I switched to custom markers on it's setup and now all I get is this message: I reloaded my game, and this is the message I get when I type !cmaster --main as well.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
libTokenMarker is the library I spoke of that the Aaron created. You can install it in the One Click drop down on your API page.
Got it!  Didn't realize it was referring to another API.  Thanks!
Tring to add some conditions like Exhausted.  How do I make the Description look like this: Instead of this: Specifically, I'm trying to format it so as to be easier to read with spacing and such.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can put basic HTML commands into your description such as <br> for a line break or <b></b> for bolding, etc.  
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@everyone, Combat Master is now available from Roll20
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's great, Victor! Congratulations, you put in a ton of work on this!
Victor B. said: @everyone, Combat Master is now available from Roll20 Woot! Woot! Congrats!

Edited 1585113992
Victor B. said: You can put basic HTML commands into your description such as <br> for a line break or <b></b> for bolding, etc.   Ahhh, thanks, I'll work on this tomorrow.  Just reading through the 10 pages on this API made my brain melt.  Great job with this.  I removed 2 other API and many macros.  I feel like I've fallen down the rabbit hole. Congrats on getting it up on Roll20!!!
Victor B. said: @everyone, Combat Master is now available from Roll20 Excellent! What an effort, Victor. Thanks!
Victor B. said: @everyone, Combat Master is now available from Roll20 Fantastic! This is the API I was looking for when I first started using Roll20 as a DM, excellent work Victor :-)
@patrick Patrick said: Tring to add some conditions like Exhausted.  How do I make the Description look like this: Instead of this: Specifically, I'm trying to format it so as to be easier to read with spacing and such. Input the description like so should work. <p>**Description**</p> <p>The Creature Suffers a Level Of Exhaustion.</p>  <p>**1**. Disadvantage on ability checks.</p>  <p>**2**. Speed is halved</p>  <p>**3**. Disadvantage on attack rolls and saving throws</p> <p>**4**. Hit point maximum is halved.</p>  <p>**5**. Speed reduced to 0</p>  <p>**6**. ***DEATH***.</p>
Thank you very much!

Edited 1585155006
I noticed in one of the earlier posts on this thread that someone had a duration of permanent on a condition.  Does anyone know how to do that, for the conditions that will last until some action makes them go away? Also, for those of you using DeathTracker, are we stuck using the base token markers?  And, Are you still using it or have you decided to leave it off?
Patrick said: I noticed in one of the earlier posts on this thread that someone had a duration of permanent on a condition.  Does anyone know how to do that, for the conditions that will last until some action makes them go away? Duration 1, direction 0.
Thanks Ravenknight!!
With the base token marker set, when using CombatTracker, I was able to make this macro: !token-mod –set statusmarkers|=blue|-blue I could draw a square around all of the tokens and click that macro button and all conditions would clear from all tokens.  It's not working with my new set-up.  Does anyone know, is that an issue with CombatMaster or perhaps with the new token set?  And, is there a command to clear all token markers rather than having to remove them one by one?
Congrats on CM getting added to one-click, Victor! Richly deserved. This thing is a beauty, even in "Alpha."
Can't seem to find it in the Roll20 github or in One-Click. Was it delayed or removed? Or is it under a different name?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Patrick said: With the base token marker set, when using CombatTracker, I was able to make this macro: !token-mod –set statusmarkers|=blue|-blue I could draw a square around all of the tokens and click that macro button and all conditions would clear from all tokens.  It's not working with my new set-up.  Does anyone know, is that an issue with CombatMaster or perhaps with the new token set?  And, is there a command to clear all token markers rather than having to remove them one by one? Try  !token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead It's what I use, and seems to work fine.
keithcurtis said: Try  !token-mod --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead It's what I use, and seems to work fine. Yep, works great!  Thanks Keith!
Persephone said: Can't seem to find it in the Roll20 github or in One-Click. Was it delayed or removed? Or is it under a different name? Hm, neither can I. Perhaps they haven't updated the script library or something.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Pushes are usually on Tuesdays. If it didn't go out yesterday, it might have to be next week.
Oh gotcha. I guess now I'm just curious if it's a new version or if 1.8 is being pushed as-is?
In the condition setup, what doe Override do?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Type !cmaster --help for all the documentation.
Patrick said: In the condition setup, what doe Override do? If override is true it will ask you every time you apply the condition what you want to set the duration and direction to but if its false it will just auto apply what you have setup in the config.
The Devilish DM said: If override is true it will ask you every time you apply the condition what you want to set the duration and direction to but if its false it will just auto apply what you have setup in the config. Oh, nice!  Thanks!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't think it posted.  The pull request is still there.  Coronavirus has prob got everything in flux.  
Will you be able to share the new version before it's added to Roll20?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Persephone, The one bug I'm aware of is the perpetuating icon if the conditions > 10.  I haven't fixed that yet.  So nothing new atm.  I'll guess I'll use the Roll20 opportunity provided to fix that and start working with Concentration API.  @Keith, you point at another script for concentration?  Please tell me what you've done to it?  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Victor B. said: @Keith, you point at another script for concentration?  Please tell me what you've done to it?   The original was here , by ThreeofSwords. My version is here , upthread, or in a git here . It monitors for a change in a token bar and generates a saving throw message if the HP in the bar are reduced. DEPENDENCY: Token-Mod API script by The Aaron, available in the one click install on Roll20. To configure Line 1 Specify the token marker to use Line 2 Specify the bar that records HP Line 12 is pre-set for the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 sheet. Customize this for other sheets. My changes are the content of the send chat line. It tells the concentration DC and creates an API button to roll the Saving Throw on the selected token. It also gives the option to toggle the token marker. This last part is the reason for the dependency on token-mod.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@keith is this Robin's version or a new one?  I was hoping to tweak Robin's versions because of integration with CT (now Combat Master)