Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CombatMaster Alpha

Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Victor B. said: @havoc you need to install libTokenMarker (by The Aaron).  It's available on Roll20 Github Worked, thanks. There should be some info/log to inform the user, instead of crashing instantly.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Havoc said: Victor B. said: @havoc you need to install libTokenMarker (by The Aaron).  It's available on Roll20 Github Worked, thanks. There should be some info/log to inform the user, instead of crashing instantly. libTokenMarkers is also available in the OneClick install.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Go to here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> .&nbsp; Open the .js file.&nbsp; Click the RAW button (very important) and control-a to select everything.&nbsp; Go to your game API and paste it into a new script.&nbsp;&nbsp; Combat Master is a combination of Combat Tracker and Status Info.&nbsp; I don't think it will support exporting from Status Info into CM.&nbsp; You can try but I doubt it.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No it shouldn't be crashing.&nbsp; I have code around that to prevent it.&nbsp; I'll put out a message that libTokenMarker is required.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Okay, conditions look awesome. They are working nicely along with FX calls.&nbsp;But, can someone help me with these API calls? I'm not sure I quite know how to format the commands for it to execute properly in CM.&nbsp; For example: {{!token-mod {{--ids tokenid}} {{--set bar2_value|?{Wild Shape HP|}}} {{bar2_max|?{Wild Shape HP|}}}}}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I use that command when my druid Wild Shapes to make her secondary hp bar appear. The macro is supposed to query how much hp the creature she has transformed into has so that the bar can be auto applied. When she wild shapes back I have: {{!token-mod {{--ids tokenid}} {{--set bar2_value|}}}} to make the second bar disappear again. (I also made her token attached to a roll table full of her Wild Shapes so she can just right click her token and use the slider bar to change her image to the beast in question.) Now, I may be asking too much with the query. If so I can do a cheeky workaround where it calls a Macro that spits a macro button in chat to call the actual command. Calling a macro to call another macro in a way. But if there's a way to prompt that correctly that'd for it to work I would love to know.&nbsp; As far as the second command, I know there should be a way to get that to work. It just wont execute the way I have it now. The query gets prompted immediately when I input the API into the condition and comes out like this. So, as far as messing with the Macro &amp; API settings.. thats where my knowledge gap reallyyyyyy shows. I have no idea even where to begin with that. And I'm not entirely sure how to use OnMyTurn. So, uh, in conclusion; Can a query be triggered through the API in CM, if so how is it formatted? What is wrong, if anything, with my current API for CM formatting?&nbsp; Do any of these issues have to do with making changes to the Macro &amp; API setup.. if so (o.o) . . . help

Edited 1582487243
The Devilish DM &nbsp; Looks like you have the correct format for the API option, however I believe Token-mod is the one script still being worked on by The Aaron and is not yet functioning in CM..
Mike said: The Devilish DM &nbsp; Looks like you have the correct coding for the API option, however I believe Token-mod is the one script still being worked on by The Aaron and is not yet functioning.. That's what I was seriously hoping. @Vic/@TheAaron Does that mean that the query will be supported once that is fully implemented? Or is that something that's too complicated?
Victor B. said: Also player allow changes *should* be sending a limited condition menu to the player who is up in the turnorder so that player can assign their own conditions.&nbsp; If it isn't working, it needs to fixed.&nbsp;&nbsp; That was my understanding as well. As the GM, I gave control of a players sheet to myself, and the limited menu showed up in chat on their turn both for me and the player, however, when i removed my editing control of that sheet, they didn't get the limited menu.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
token mod isn't working yet.&nbsp; It's rejecting the calls.&nbsp; Awaiting a fix on this
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@devilish, this is how you would bracket it {{!token-mod {{--ids tokenid}} {{--set bar2_value|?{Wild Shape HP| bar2_max|?{Wild Shape HP|}}}}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; brackets around the entire string and brackets around each -- command
Hey, is the Import a bug in my game or the script? Just wondering because in case its in my game, I will just redo on the other games, otherwise I will wait for a fix. I am really liking CM so far.
Lucas X. said: Hey, is the Import a bug in my game or the script? Just wondering because in case its in my game, I will just redo on the other games, otherwise I will wait for a fix. I am really liking CM so far. Import, from a previous install of CT, works fine for me.
Ravenknight said: Trying to break things the best I can but the script seems really stable at this point. One nit-pick that I've noticed that I can't delete a condition from the Combatmaster menu. But it works just fine deleting it from the Condition Setup That little x on the CM menu is meant 'remove' the condition from the token, not delete the condition. Only the delete condition button in the setup does that... pretty sure I'm right? I'll say I'm a good 90ish% sure.

Edited 1582528231
Ravenknight
KS Backer
The Devilish DM said: That little x on the CM menu is meant 'remove' the condition from the token, not delete the condition. Only the delete condition button in the setup does that... pretty sure I'm right? I'll say I'm a good 90ish% sure HA! I'm a moron. ;D Of course you're right. ( That should teach me to not do this stuff before coffee. )
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@lucas, best if you invite me to game (PM me) and promote me to GM so I can take a look
Beginning of each round macro/API calls are only firing at start of combat. I actually prefer this but thought it worth mentioning since it is labeled 'Beginning of Each Round'. Otherwise, I used this last night in game and it worked flawlessly. Players loved the ease of use. Love this script!
@Victor B. Got it, I will send you a invite. I was able to import from CT to CM without crashing, so maybe its the custom markers?
Is there a good way to get a condition that ends on another token/players turn for abilities like "Until your next turn, the target gets +5 Damage Reduction" If not, that's understandable. In all honesty, I'm not sure how niche my specific case is it's just something that has come up in my game a few times.
A monk can stun someone till the end of the monks' next turn so it would work if it is possible.
I don't think there's a way to automate that with the current system. Conditions are only removed at the start of the affected token's turn, but idk how complex it may be to add a feature to have a condition marked on one token while tracking its duration with another...
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmmm, well a message along with a stunned condition will do part of what you want.&nbsp; But even if you set the duration for 1 round on the target, it will be removed when the targets turn comes up.&nbsp; Prob best way to deal with this is 1) create a new condition and assign it to the monk, then put a target icon on the monks target (or just keep in mind who the monks target is).&nbsp;&nbsp;
フミヅキ said: Is there a good way to get a condition that ends on another token/players turn for abilities like "Until your next turn, the target gets +5 Damage Reduction" If not, that's understandable. In all honesty, I'm not sure how niche my specific case is it's just something that has come up in my game a few times. The way i have been handling this is by setting those conditions duration 1 and direction to 0 and just trying to remember to remove it at the right players turn.. Worst case is its still on there when the other players turn comes up and you remove it real quick. Most of the time, at least for me, players will be pretty good about remembering when an affliction is supposed to be removed and will remind you. That's best i got tho. I also tried doing duration 2 direction -1 and just having it auto remove after the affected players second round starts.

Edited 1582584723
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Within API's @{TARGET} which is common in macro logic and brings up a roll query allowing you to select a target, doesn't work.&nbsp; @{SELECTED} doesn't either.&nbsp; There's no way to cleanly identify a "target", so that part has to be managed by a icon (target icon) or some other mechanism.&nbsp; As far as remembering the monk has some type of damage reduction, Devilish has a solid idea there.&nbsp; Or again, create a condition and put it on the monk with a message specifying the target.&nbsp;&nbsp;
@ フミヅキ For me the biggest one that comes up with that issue is the "Help" action. Idk if its just my party or if every ones players are like this but my group used 'Help' an awful lot. It's a weird one because Player A Helps Player B. Player B now has advantage until the beginning of Player A's next turn, Player A has nothing. The question becomes do I track this on player A or B or both.&nbsp; For me its player B. Player B is the one who is being affected by 'Help' so i mark the condition on player B. For this I have chosen to use 2 duration -1 direction. The condition may linger on Player B for 1-2 turns more than it should but it auto removes still by player B's next turn.&nbsp;

Edited 1582639819
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
OnMyTurn isn't needed anymore.&nbsp; I'll update the help files.&nbsp; You can use OnMyTurn if you want but that would be outside of CM
I have hit a bit of a roadblock. When trying to invoke the following: !ammo @{selected|character_id} class_resource -1 Wild Shape Either as a macro that is being invoked or as API being invoked it comes out with the same error: The commands work fine when not being pulled through CM. Is this a function that is not available yet or is this a bug in my game?
The Devilish DM said: I have hit a bit of a roadblock. When trying to invoke the following: !ammo @{selected|character_id} class_resource -1 Wild Shape Either as a macro that is being invoked or as API being invoked it comes out with the same error: The commands work fine when not being pulled through CM. Is this a function that is not available yet or is this a bug in my game? You need to set up substitute keywords in the Macro and API config menu, set character ID substitute to something like charidentifier (won't be used in any other values) then change the command to: !ammo charidentifier class_resource -1 Wild Shape
Welp, that just crashed my sandbox. lol

Edited 1582680300
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's a similar issue to Tokenmod.&nbsp; Ammo is checking if the player is GM.&nbsp; Since Roll20 decides to override the player id with API when an API calls another API, it's failing.&nbsp; The failure on the .get is downstream of that and related.&nbsp; I've reached out to TheAaron
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20AM has the same issue.&nbsp; I'm going to need to publish a fix for that as well

Edited 1582698166
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Victor, Combat-tracker lets the user add conditions on the fly without needing to set a statusmarkers or use an existing condition. Is this possible in Combatmaster? !ct add ?{condition name?|Concentration} ?{Duration|10} ?{Direction?|-1} ?{Message|}

Edited 1582726279
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmm, you can try?&nbsp; &nbsp;I don't think that would work anymore.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: Hmm, you can try?&nbsp; &nbsp;I don't think that would work anymore.&nbsp;&nbsp; Nah, it don't, at least not in any way I can find. Would it be possible to add or is it too much of a fuzz?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'll look
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So why wouldn't I add this "dynamic" condition to the condition list without an icon?&nbsp; In other words, it becomes a condition in CM and you'll see it on the condition list?&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1582822888
I imagine the function Ravenknight mentioned is useful for situations unique to an encounter that most likely won't occur any other time in the game (like counting down until a mechanism activates or a specific event ends, or a player comes up with something clever or uses a unique spell ability that you hadn't prepared for but you'd like to track it in that moment). So either it could be used for something you didn't have the foresight to add, or something that you won't need in the future, and don't want to clutter the list.
Yes, Persephone nailed it. We often make use of this mechanic with the old CT. Now, it could work with just a generic token and the message so it's not a big thing. It was just the only thing we found missing when switching from CT to CM. ( Did I tell you that my players love it? ;) )
@Ravenknight, were you using the CT standalone version, or the one Victor made combined with StatusInfo? I'm curious about when that functioned disappeared.
We used version 0.2.7 of the old CT together with Statusinfo. It was from before Victor took over from Robin I think.
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
So I'm not a js programmer, but regarding condition origins (eg, the caster or the grappler, etc), you can't use %{TARGET} or {SELECTED}, but you can see what tokens are selected when a message is sent. You definitely can't assign both a target and an origin with that single array, but when you assign a condition to a token, could you send a second to chat with a button: [Select Origin Then Click This](!cm --whatever| { the condition's index in state[combatState]} ) and assign the newly selected tokens to the condition as their origin? Conditions would need an "origin" var, and condition defaults would need a "requireOrigin" boolean. Further goals might be "ticksOnOrigin" for the "lasts until the caster's next turn" type things. That would get pretty messy with initiatives that change, like delayed actions and rerolling inits, but it's something to consider even if those two features don't play well together.&nbsp;

Edited 1582901707
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TARGET is special Roll20 Functionality that enables you to select a target token.&nbsp; SELECTED is more Roll20 functionality that auto pulls an attribute off a token or a linked char sheet.&nbsp; Because this is all within Roll20, an API can't emulate that easily.&nbsp; I have another API in Twilight 2000 that shows a list in chat of vehicles that you are firing against.&nbsp; The player fires and if then chooses which vehicle and then the API determines the armor of the vehicle along with facing and rolls out the damage.&nbsp; Functionality like this *could* be used to emulate target, but what if you have 10 NPC tokens, each with the same character name?&nbsp; You'll have no idea which one to choose.&nbsp; You could make it a two step approach, where the condition is configured to have a target(s) and a message is sent to chat, "select target tokens" with a "Selected" button clicked after targets are selected, however a player can't usually select NPC tokens, so the GM would have to step in and select those tokens and hit a selected button in that chat message.&nbsp;&nbsp; As far as adding dynamic conditions that was most likely supported when CT and SI were separate.&nbsp; You could do stuff like that.&nbsp; I'm going to add dynamic conditions back in.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Having issues when I try to use Custom Token Marker library (which are in the Game) with Combat Master 1.7.1 Alpha but when ever I selected Token Marker my API crash. Can I please get some advise on how to fix this.
I am getting a weird error when using CombatMaster as well! It is giving this error any time that i try to move a token!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Crimson, have you installed libTokenMarker yet?&nbsp;&nbsp; @Athan, you'll need to invite me to game and promote me to GM once I've joined.&nbsp; Please send invite in private PM.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1583348363
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Status Update: I'm getting close to publishing this to Roll20 There's 3 pieces I'm working on right now 1) Ability to add a condition NOT in the condition list 2) Ability to flag a condition, such as grapple as "targeted".&nbsp; It will assign the condition to the original token and send a window to chat asking for target token(s) to be selected and then a button will submit and assign the same condition to the target token(s).&nbsp; The countdown on the condition will be based on the condition on the original token.&nbsp; This will enable support for the monk situation earlier on this page.&nbsp; You'll have to be careful with Condition APIs as that macro/api will go run against all tokens the condition is assigned to 3) An edit to insure libTokenMarker is installed when you've set the icon type to Token Marker
Victor B. said: Status Update: I'm getting close to publishing this to Roll20 There's 3 pieces I'm working on right now 1) Ability to add a condition NOT in the condition list 2) Ability to flag a condition, such as grapple as "targeted".&nbsp; It will assign the condition to the original token and send a window to chat asking for target token(s) to be selected and then a button will submit and assign the same condition to the target token(s).&nbsp; The countdown on the condition will be based on the condition on the original token.&nbsp; This will enable support for the monk situation earlier on this page.&nbsp; You'll have to be careful with Condition APIs as that macro/api will go run against all tokens the condition is assigned to 3) An edit to insure libTokenMarker is installed when you've set the icon type to Token Marker Awesome to hear, loving this script so far! Will you be fixing the Import/Export feature as well?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What's broken in import/export?&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1583350057
Victor B. said: What's broken in import/export?&nbsp;&nbsp; Maybe I am just misunderstanding its function, Is it supposed to import and export conditions as well as settings? Because I am not getting the conditions to import.