Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CombatMaster Alpha

Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It should be 2.34 in repo.  I'll check help files that should show 2.34 also
Hi I'm getting a load failure.  I've tried a few versions and even deleted and re-added the script.  This is from on click install.  Do I need to manually copy it over? Failed to load Combat Master v2.0 No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - /home/symbly/www/d20-app/apiscripts/CombatMaster/2.33/CombatMaster.js "Starting webworker script..."
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nope, I sent email to Roll20.  Ravenknight hopefully the same.  They've got it messed up so one click doesn't work.  Forget about handout version.  I'll fix that.  Thought it was using the main version variable but I guess it isn't.  
keithcurtis said: iamk2, how did you install the sheet? It should not be looking for a js file. Did you use the One Click install or a manual install? If manual, did you copy the code from the Raw page? One-click. Didn't even think about the Raw page. Deleted the one-click version, created a new script, copied raw file over. Happy to report that it seems to be working fine now <3
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Victor B. said: Nope, I sent email to Roll20.  Ravenknight hopefully the same.  They've got it messed up so one click doesn't work.  Forget about handout version.  I'll fix that.  Thought it was using the main version variable but I guess it isn't.   I'm pretty sure part of the problem is how you haven't followed the usual framework for updating API scripts in the repo, buy creating a new folder for each new version of the API, while leaving the old versions of the API intact in their old folders. Also, for some reason in the script.json it looks like this: " authors " : [ " Victor B " ], instead of this: " authors " : " Victor B " , And even if the old versions of the script where available in the repo, your "previousversion" part doesn't mach with the name of the folder in the repo(the name there is still (2.0): " previousversions " : [ " 2.22 " ], You can look at one of Aaron's APIs that are in the repo for examples on how things look like when they work properly. Oh, and if Combat Master have any version-based script to update something in an active game, I suspect it might have issues due to the lack of having access to older versions of the script. Now that I've looked at API stuff in general, the API repo, and your script, I'm pretty sure I know how to submit a update to an existing API the standard way, as well as fix some of the minor things in how your API exists in the repo. Coming from the Character sheet side, the process is slightly different compared to updating character sheet. Do you want me to submit your v.2.34 to the repo with the related fixes, or do you want to do it yourself? I would expect the back and forth(& possible fix) with Roll20 to take longer than until next Tuesday, when the next Roll20 API update would happen. And if they fix things quicker than that, I can just close down my PR.
@Victor, I stumbled upon a new bug regarding how statuses with durations are removed then re-added with the decreased number. This seems to trigger the status' API calls, but because it triggers the remove call first, then the add call almost simultaneously, only the remove call takes effect. I noticed this when testing a spell status I have which uses TokenMod to give the token an aura when added, and removes the aura when the status is removed. When the duration decreases for the first time, the status is removed then re-added, and the trigger to remove the aura takes effect, but not the trigger to add the aura. So basically, the aura lasts only the first round of the whole duration. In older versions, this wasn't an issue—I think you changed duration to remove and re-add the status pretty recently? Even if the API call for adding was triggered properly, this would conflict with the uses I have for statuses like this. Sometimes I have the aura increase in size during play, and if the remove and add triggers happen every round, it would reset the aura size every round. I forget the reason you made that change, but if going back to the old behaviour would cause issues: Tl;dr—Could you prevent the add and remove calls from triggering when a status' duration decreases/increases?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I submitted a Update to the one-click install version of Combat Master, which should fix the current issues with it &amp; update to v.2.34, as well as making older versions v.2.33 and v.2.22 available to be selected if needed. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/pull/1105" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/pull/1105</a> Not 100% guaranteed it will fix the current issue, but considering the one-click install is currently broken, it con only make the situation better.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Andreas
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, the status markers are being removed and added, but the API call shouldn't be invoked
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
What's the changes between v.2.33 and v.2.34? Just so I can mention it in the PR.
I'm trying to make the move to tracking Concentration in Combat Master, but I cannot for the life of me get it working. I'm using version 2.34, and I have followed, I think, all the various directives given by Victor on previous pages. I have Concentration enabled, a Concentration spell to call when other CM spells require it, and a few test spells (Hold Person, Bless, Invisibility) with Concentration on. No overrides on the latter spells. But no matter what I do, CM will not auto-add the Concentration marker to a character token when that token casts a spell. I have cleared the Ignored list and tried every combination I can think of, to no avail. Please help!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Andreas, numerous fixes surrounding targeted spells.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1602762925
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Jay, You have the concentration spell in Combat Master and it's listed as a spell, not a condition
Victor B. said: @Jay, You have the concentration spell in Combat Master and it's listed as a spell, not a condition That's right. I have it as a spell, not a condition. Isn't that what I should be doing?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 2.35 can be found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> Fixed Reworked the API call logic and introduced a bug where the remove API calls were being done at the wrong time

Edited 1602828380
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You are using OGL or Shaped?&nbsp; Make sure the sheet type is set correctly and auto add spell is set.&nbsp; It's probably something silly you missed.&nbsp; PM me your game and I'll check it out
I've tried multiple times to install this script but it fails to function every time, with an error saying no files found.&nbsp; When I install it manually it just fills my journal up with handouts and the commands don't work.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1602879169
I'm unable to call up the help menu. No errors, just no response. When I try to restart the API Sandbox, I get: "Failed to load Combat Master v2.0 No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - /home/symbly/www/d20-app/apiscripts/CombatMaster/2.33/CombatMaster.js" I'm unsure how to resolve this issue.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Eric, manually install they version Vic linked, the one in the menu is broken at least until next week's Tuesday, when a fix I submitted should be accepted by Roll20.

Edited 1602879906
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's a roll20 issue.&nbsp; Copy the script from here&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> &nbsp;and install into a new script.&nbsp; Use the RAW button before copying.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thank you! I've tried pasting the github version into a new script. It works for a little while, but I've encountered the following once or twice.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
did you remember to disable/remove the bad version?
I wasn't sure if I should or not, so I tried it both ways. Last error was received with the old version disabled.

Edited 1602903321
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Eric PM me a link to your game.&nbsp; Something is messed up.&nbsp; Running two versions at same time might have hammered your session state.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1602937929
Think I've found an error in the support for the recent version (I haven't uploaded since pre-concentration). I wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly, and I got this for the Concentration Help menu; As you can see, although the first line is about Concentration, the rest of the help related to other parts of CombatMaster... Otherwise, the API seems to be working well for me - it's such a big help in my games...thank you!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thank you I'll get that fixed

Edited 1602941891
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Learn something new every day.&nbsp; His sandbox was failing because both the 1 click and my Github script existed at same time in same sandbox, even though 1 click was disabled.&nbsp; &nbsp;Roll20 obviously didn't like that.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 2.36 can be found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> Fixed - Concentration Help Handout
Victor B. said: Version 2.36 can be found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> Fixed - Concentration Help Handout Excellent. I had noticed the same problem with the Concentration help handout but had forgotten to mention it.&nbsp;
I do not understand what I am missing here. I click the raw button and the only thing that happens when your json is saved and enabled is that it creates a ton of archived handouts.&nbsp; !cmaster --help does nothing whatsoever.&nbsp; I have no functionality whatsoever with your script.&nbsp; What is the exact process you go through to manually install a script?&nbsp; Click "new script" button, paste the raw in, hit save and then it should be enabled yes?&nbsp; When I do this, nothing happens except I now have 20ish new handouts to manually delete after I remove the dead script.&nbsp;&nbsp;
DM Eddie said: I do not understand what I am missing here. I click the raw button and the only thing that happens when your json is saved and enabled is that it creates a ton of archived handouts.&nbsp; !cmaster --help does nothing whatsoever.&nbsp; I have no functionality whatsoever with your script.&nbsp; What is the exact process you go through to manually install a script?&nbsp; Click "new script" button, paste the raw in, hit save and then it should be enabled yes?&nbsp; When I do this, nothing happens except I now have 20ish new handouts to manually delete after I remove the dead script.&nbsp;&nbsp; !cmaster --main will bring up the main CM menu and you can access help from the info buttons on each page.
Two requests: 1. A new thread for Combat Master. This one is getting gargantuan and it's increasingly difficult to search it for help on various aspects of CM. 2. Can someone post a step-by-step guide of how to get Concentration working in CM? I can't get any spells to auto-add despite having the settings on, and I can't get the Concentration marker to appear on any caster no matter how hard I try. A step-by-step guide should be part of the documentation IMO.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Go to my github.&nbsp; Open the js file and click raw.&nbsp; Control A to highlight the entire script.&nbsp; Control C to copy the entire script.&nbsp; Go to you API section of your game.&nbsp; Under new script, Control V to paste the script.&nbsp; Name the script whatever you want and click save.&nbsp;&nbsp; Then within your game in chat, type !cmaster --main and that brings up the main page.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jay R, send me a PM and let me see what's going on.&nbsp; It's not difficult to get concentration working.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: Jay R, send me a PM and let me see what's going on.&nbsp; It's not difficult to get concentration working.&nbsp;&nbsp; Never mind, a combination of extreme API lag and my own idiocy (did not actually have auto-add spells on, though I ASSURE YOU I thought I did, lol). Concentration is now adding. Have stumbled on a bug, though. Clear Token Statuses (from the main CM menu) clears the markers from the token but does not actually remove the spells themselves. Example, selecting a token with concentration and bless on and clicking Remove Token Statuses gets rid of the markers for each, but if you click the Show Conditions icon for the token, both concentration and bless are still there and have to be manually trashed. Edit: Also, if you show conditions on a token with (say) Bless and Concentration, and then trash one of those conditions/spells (using the trash can), it removes the condition/spell associated with the trash can BUT both of the token markers. This is extremely confusing, because then it looks like you've gotten rid of both conditions/spells when in fact you've only axed one. It would be great if CM presented that Show Conditions menu again upon deletion of a condition. As it is, you click that trash can and you have no chat message telling you what happened, which is why you rely on the marker display on the token itself to guide you, and that seems to be faulty here.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Clear token statuses isn't meant for that.&nbsp; It's meant for ending combat, conditions/spells have been removed, but either you didn't set clear token status on close or something else happened and the status markers are still sitting on the token.&nbsp; I also saw situations where a status marker was duplicated on the token and needed some ability to clear them out.&nbsp;&nbsp; For Bless/Concentration, both status markers exist on same token?&nbsp; Remove one and it removes the other as well?&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: Clear token statuses isn't meant for that.&nbsp; It's meant for ending combat, conditions/spells have been removed, but either you didn't set clear token status on close or something else happened and the status markers are still sitting on the token.&nbsp; I also saw situations where a status marker was duplicated on the token and needed some ability to clear them out.&nbsp;&nbsp; For Bless/Concentration, both status markers exist on same token?&nbsp; Remove one and it removes the other as well?&nbsp;&nbsp; On clear token statuses: I see what you're saying, Victor, but it's confusing to have the markers disappear but the conditions/spells themselves persist, especially since the script doesn't give you any confirmation message of what's happened. You just see markers disappear on a token. Bless/Concentration: yes, exactly. It's not consistent either. Sometimes trashing one condition/spell gets rid of both markers, sometimes it only does one. Have to investigate further. But yeah, the behavior is not what you'd expect as a user.&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Simply don't use that functionality.&nbsp; It's for specific purposes.&nbsp; And to confirm you are using the trash can in the announce player window.&nbsp; As a work around, use the main menu remove.&nbsp; Highlight token, bring up CM main menu and click remove on bless.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: Simply don't use that functionality.&nbsp; It's for specific purposes.&nbsp; And to confirm you are using the trash can in the announce player window.&nbsp; As a work around, use the main menu remove.&nbsp; Highlight token, bring up CM main menu and click remove on bless.&nbsp;&nbsp; A feature request, then, for a future version of CM: the ability to remove all spells/conditions and their markers from a token with a single command! :) (if that functionality is present already, somebody point me to it...) As for using the main menu vs. the announce player, yes, I use the main menu as a workaround precisely because I discovered this issue in the announce player window.&nbsp;
Had an issue arise today where I seem to have lost my Initiative turn tokens.&nbsp; They are still turned on in the menu (as you can see below) but they, and the timer, are not appearing when combat is initiated.&nbsp; This happened today, before I updated to 2.36 (I was on 2.33) and is part of the reason I updated, hoping it would be fixed by the updating process.
Bookwyrmm said: Had an issue arise today where I seem to have lost my Initiative turn tokens.&nbsp; They are still turned on in the menu (as you can see below) but they, and the timer, are not appearing when combat is initiated.&nbsp; This happened today, before I updated to 2.36 (I was on 2.33) and is part of the reason I updated, hoping it would be fixed by the updating process. Is the Player ribbon on the page where you're running combat? If it's not, you'll experience issues with turn tokens. This is a known issue.
Jay R. said: Is the Player ribbon on the page where you're running combat? If it's not, you'll experience issues with turn tokens. This is a known issue. And that was the issue!&nbsp; Thanks!&nbsp; Tried reading through the posts, but there was soooo much to go through.&nbsp; Solved in a second. Thanks Jay R.
Bookwyrmm said: Jay R. said: Is the Player ribbon on the page where you're running combat? If it's not, you'll experience issues with turn tokens. This is a known issue. And that was the issue!&nbsp; Thanks!&nbsp; Tried reading through the posts, but there was soooo much to go through.&nbsp; Solved in a second. Thanks Jay R. Ha, no worries! SO MANY people (myself included) have made that mistake. :)
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
EVERYONE has made that mistake including myself
I deleted and tried to reinstall the script - nothing's working in the game, and the API Output Console still gives this error: No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - /home/symbly/www/d20-app/apiscripts/CombatMaster/2.33/CombatMaster.js Is this still a known error? I thought I saw in an earlier post that an update was sent to Roll20 that was going to go live this past Tuesday that would fix this? Is my only option to try and do a manual copy/paste install?
Running version 2.36 from github. Every time I use the !cmaster --main command, whether as a command in chat or using a button in CM's own chat menu output, I get the following error: ""Send Main Menu" {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: None"}" The --main command works sometimes, and other times hangs for a long period, forcing me to restart the API.
A note: the concentration save reminder will not fire if you are using tokenmod as the basis for a damage macro. A question: what is the purpose of entering "constitution_save_bonus" in the Concentration section of CM? The save isn't rolled automatically, so what's the point?

Edited 1603459834
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@David It's known error.&nbsp; It's a Roll20 issue.&nbsp; Emails have been going back and forth but looks like they haven't fixed it yet.&nbsp; Go here&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> &nbsp;and copy the script.&nbsp; Use the RAW button.&nbsp;&nbsp; @Jay {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: None"}" is something I haven't bothered to remove yet.&nbsp; It's harmless @Jay The performance has nothing to do with CM.&nbsp; Roll20 API server has been struggling all week.&nbsp; @Jay If you look at the message that goes to the GM it does calc the save.&nbsp; That requires constitution_save_bonus.&nbsp; As far as Tokenmod damage, there's not much I can do there.&nbsp; I'm guessing it's a timing issue.&nbsp; JS is all fired at once (async).&nbsp; Tokenmod damage is probably being applied after the CM concentration logic has already fired.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: @Jay If you look at the message that goes to the GM it does calc the save.&nbsp; That requires constitution_save_bonus.&nbsp; As far as Tokenmod damage, there's not much I can do there.&nbsp; I'm guessing it's a timing issue.&nbsp; JS is all fired at once (async).&nbsp; Tokenmod damage is probably being applied after the CM concentration logic has already fired.&nbsp;&nbsp; Interesting, I haven't seen the GM message, just the general chat message informing the character that they have to make a Concentration save. Maybe I don't have something turned on in CM. And yeah, I didn't figure the Tokenmod thing was under your control, just wanted to point it out.
Victor B. said: @Jay If you look at the message that goes to the GM it does calc the save.&nbsp; That requires constitution_save_bonus.&nbsp;&nbsp; The only message I see in chat is "&lt;character&gt; must make a Concentration Check - DC &lt;number&gt;." But that DC comes from a straight division of the damage and then checking to see whether the result is greater than 10 or not. Has nothing to do with the save or Con bonus as far as I can see.&nbsp;