Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CombatMaster Alpha

@Victor, I've finished writing up the Help handouts! Sent you a PM. I came across some errors possibly leftover from CombatTracker, as well as a couple potential bugs. Left notes in the handouts addressing these. Let me know when you have time to go over them with me.
Combat Master seems to crash my APIs when a custom item with a round divider is added to the Turn Order. I do run a bunch of different APIs so I suppose there could be a conflict if you can't reproduce this.

Edited 1588596361
Karankwan said: Victor B. said: Yes it works for pathfinder.  Yes you can use custom tokens.  You need to run libTokenMarker API.  CM calls libTokenMarker for custom marker support.  For initiative, you could look at group-init API.  That's a more robust initiative roller than what's in CM.  CM calls group init if you configure it.   Thanks for the quick reply! I just started my way digging through the script. Thanks for the work you've put in; this is speeding things up by a ton! A follow-up question that came to mind would be if it possible to implement the numbering of token markers? Especially in Pathfinder 2E a bunch of conditions come with values attached to them (e.g. "Clumsy 1, Enfeebled 2, Dying 3" and so on) Persephone said: You can do this by setting the duration to the value you want, and setting direction to 0, but that means you can't have it automatically count down rounds while having a condition value. An alternative could be using the Message function to show the condition value (would only show in chat, not on the token) Comes down to preference So I've been trying to set the values of certain conditions with the help of TokenMod for a few days now. This thread was really helpful to get me going! I know this is working as an independent TokenMod command: (Example for the Clumsy condition from Pathfinder 2E.) !token-mod --set statusmarkers|Clumsy:[[?{Clumsy Value?}]] I have not associated any Token marker with the Clumsy Condition in Combat Master, but I'd like to trigger the command from above by applying the condition via combat master. This is what I've got so far: {{!token-mod {{--api-as playidentifier}} {{--ids tokidentifier}} {{--set statusmarkers|Clumsy:[[?{Clumsy Value?}]]}}}} It looks good in the condition setup menu. Here's a screenshot and yes I'm using Persephone's substitutions 'cause I'm just that lazy :D When I'm applying the condition the Query Prompt doesn't trigger, instead the Token Marker is applied with out any value. Maybe worth noting: If I substitute the query part with a number, it is working. I'm sure I'm just missing a small detail. Any input would be appreciated. I think solving this could help a few more players than just me. /K
This script is fantastic, thank you very much !
@Karankwan, queries will not work in commands or macros run through CM. However, once you create a clumsy condition, you can simply set Override to true, then when you add the condition it will ask for Duration and Direction. Set Duration to the clumsy value and the Direction to 0. It will have the same effect as that TokenMod command you're trying to use.
Persephone said: @Karankwan, queries will not work in commands or macros run through CM. However, once you create a clumsy condition, you can simply set Override to true, then when you add the condition it will ask for Duration and Direction. Set Duration to the clumsy value and the Direction to 0. It will have the same effect as that TokenMod command you're trying to use. Oh boy. That's obviously vastly superior :D I tried to make it more complicated than necessary.  Thanks Persephone! /K
@Victor thank you for all the hard work, I appreciate it! You do this on your own time without pay and I commend that. Your script has made running my games so much easier and the quality of life is grateful. Keep up the much appreciated work! I have a question, and its only a question, I am not requesting anything, your hands are full already. Would it be possible at all to add another combat API to your current API and make it compatible? The specific API I had in mind was one I used when I very first started running games on roll20 that made combat much more engaging for my players, and myself. The API is called 5EBattleMaster, it is no longer supported and very much out of date. I guess the specific question would be, is it possible to take the chat output menu and all of its functionality and import it somehow into your API? The API starts and ends combat like yours, but also provides "Actions" to the players that they can do that turn. I.e. Attack with a weapon, a spell, or an AoE attack; provides a targeting cross-hair to choose your target, automatically rolls the appropriate attack or spell attack or save against the targets AC or Saves; then automatically calculates damage if it succeeds and adjusts the HP bar accordingly. I can provide a link to the specific API in question if needed, I'm just not versed on the etiquette of these forums and am not sure if posting to someone else's API is frowned upon. Again, its only a question. Thank you for your time!
Michael S. said: @Victor thank you for all the hard work, I appreciate it! You do this on your own time without pay and I commend that. Your script has made running my games so much easier and the quality of life is grateful. Keep up the much appreciated work! I have a question, and its only a question, I am not requesting anything, your hands are full already. Would it be possible at all to add another combat API to your current API and make it compatible? The specific API I had in mind was one I used when I very first started running games on roll20 that made combat much more engaging for my players, and myself. The API is called 5EBattleMaster, it is no longer supported and very much out of date. I guess the specific question would be, is it possible to take the chat output menu and all of its functionality and import it somehow into your API? The API starts and ends combat like yours, but also provides "Actions" to the players that they can do that turn. I.e. Attack with a weapon, a spell, or an AoE attack; provides a targeting cross-hair to choose your target, automatically rolls the appropriate attack or spell attack or save against the targets AC or Saves; then automatically calculates damage if it succeeds and adjusts the HP bar accordingly. I can provide a link to the specific API in question if needed, I'm just not versed on the etiquette of these forums and am not sure if posting to someone else's API is frowned upon. Again, its only a question. Thank you for your time! Micheal, what happens when you run both APIs together?
Wolf Thunderspirit said: Michael S. said: @Victor thank you for all the hard work, I appreciate it! You do this on your own time without pay and I commend that. Your script has made running my games so much easier and the quality of life is grateful. Keep up the much appreciated work! I have a question, and its only a question, I am not requesting anything, your hands are full already. Would it be possible at all to add another combat API to your current API and make it compatible? The specific API I had in mind was one I used when I very first started running games on roll20 that made combat much more engaging for my players, and myself. The API is called 5EBattleMaster, it is no longer supported and very much out of date. I guess the specific question would be, is it possible to take the chat output menu and all of its functionality and import it somehow into your API? The API starts and ends combat like yours, but also provides "Actions" to the players that they can do that turn. I.e. Attack with a weapon, a spell, or an AoE attack; provides a targeting cross-hair to choose your target, automatically rolls the appropriate attack or spell attack or save against the targets AC or Saves; then automatically calculates damage if it succeeds and adjusts the HP bar accordingly. I can provide a link to the specific API in question if needed, I'm just not versed on the etiquette of these forums and am not sure if posting to someone else's API is frowned upon. Again, its only a question. Thank you for your time! Micheal, what happens when you run both APIs together? Honestly, I have not tried yet. The 5EBattleMaster is out of date, and I have been trying to get it to work with all the changes since it came out. I am a novice when it comes to coding, so I have been trying in my spare time to get it to work because 5EBattleMaster (to my group and myself) makes immersion better for combat. But, my group and I love this API by Victor, and if it is not possible to integrate the two somehow then I will be abandoning my pet project. I would think that since both manipulate combat and turn orders, there would be some conflicts, but like I have said, I am a novice when it comes to this.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Michael, I'll take a look at at BattleMaster and see what I can do with it.  
I know I've said this before, but I want to say it again: this script. Is. A. Godsend. Even in Alpha. Condition integration, custom status markers, the ability to highlight both the current and next up player's turns, seamless initiative / combat startup, and the stuff I haven't even touched yet (Macros and FX and substitutions). Thanks so much, Victor, for devoting your spare time to this script, and unpaid no less.
Victor B. said: @Michael, I'll take a look at at BattleMaster and see what I can do with it.   Thank you, Victor. Very much appreciated!

Edited 1588748416
Jay R. said: I know I've said this before, but I want to say it again: this script. Is. A. Godsend. Even in Alpha. Condition integration, custom status markers, the ability to highlight both the current and next up player's turns, seamless initiative / combat startup, and the stuff I haven't even touched yet (Macros and FX and substitutions). Thanks so much, Victor, for devoting your spare time to this script, and unpaid no less. This. 100%. Thank you Victor and to everyone making it such a great tool! Finding this, was the best thing that happened to me during lockdown :D /K
When I go into settings for some statuses in combat master, I get this 100% of the time. 
Alex C.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Great work on this, Victor. Thanks for all you do! A question - is there a way to use a custom Turnorder Marker without it crashing the script each time combat is started? I'm following what I believe are the correct steps: Show Setup &gt; Turnorder &gt; click on External URL next to Marker Type &gt; Enter in URL of image (which is a png file saved on imgur - <a href="https://i.imgur.com/ZXIMm2f.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/ZXIMm2f.png</a> ) The new image shows up as a thumbnail accurately. But when I go to start a new combat, the Sandbox crashes and I have to restart it. It continues to crash each time a combat starts until I reset the whole Combat Master script to put the Marker back to the default image. I'm running the following scripts: TokenMod Torch Status FX Aura/Tint HealthColors Roll20 Audio Master Combat Master 2.0 libTokenMarkers As an aside - could anyone suggest the proper syntax for using the Roll20AM Beginning of Each Round feature? I have a short warhorn mp3 I'd like to play at the beginning of each round. I have the sound uploaded to Roll20 and loaded into Roll20AM, and have tried '!Roll20AM --audio{{,}}play|warhorn', '--audio{{,}}play|warhorn', and 'play|warhorn', but none of them work for me. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited 1588802818
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Erik Bjornharta said: When I go into settings for some statuses in combat master, I get this 100% of the time.&nbsp; Did you install the library script libTokenMarker?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Use the default markers.&nbsp; There's a known issue using something else.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Eric did you import conditions from a prior version or create conditions manually?
Victor B. said: Eric did you import conditions from a prior version or create conditions manually? I had the same issue yesterday creating manually I made a "On Fire" condition and used a custom marker.&nbsp; &nbsp;Clicking on combat master to get started worked fine, Selecting tokens and starting a battle worked.&nbsp; &nbsp;10 sec later the script would crash out.&nbsp; &nbsp; I fixed it by starting CMA with a generic token then click the cog, then reset.&nbsp; &nbsp;That fixed it so we are back to default markers and it ran great last night for all the games.&nbsp; &nbsp; I just had to manually mark folks on fire.&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So something go out of sorts with your session state.&nbsp; Not sure what.&nbsp; Let me know if that happens again and I'll want to temp join your game and check out your session state.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I don't know if it is a bug, but i can't delete the substitution in macro and API setting.
Is the how to use custom markers listed in here? if so what page if thats not to much to ask?

Edited 1588894087
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Darshyne, the trash can doesn't work?&nbsp; That's because of the undefined.&nbsp; Uggg.&nbsp; You can reset to defaults and that will fix it.&nbsp; When it goes to delete a string it's expecting a value to delete.&nbsp; I'll have to add an edit to prevent accept a substitution string without a substitution
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You need to upload your sets to Roll20 and install libTokenMarker API in your game.&nbsp; Then when you are creating or modifying a condition, the icon type changes to Token Marker.&nbsp; Next line is the icon itself.&nbsp; Click on the area to the right of "icon" and select the custom icon you want
Thank you Victor ! I was trying to figure out how to use token mod macro with condition, but i'll wait for the final version and the help menu :) This script is already awesome.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Read through earlier posts in this thread.&nbsp; Many people posted samples and go through what is needed
Hi Victor, was wondering if the one-click in the API selection menu has been updated yet?
I saw that this was reported two weeks ago, by @PinkRose, but I didn't see any further discussion/fixes for the issue in the thread since. I am also getting the first token in the turn order being announced&nbsp;twice in chat every time their turn comes around. PS : Really loving this script! Thanks for doing all this!
Michael said: I am also getting the first token in the turn order being announced&nbsp;twice in chat every time their turn comes around. I'm getting this too; I thought it was just me and I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong....
hello, is there a way to apply a condition (like this :&nbsp;!cmaster --add,condition=prone,duration=?{Duration|1},direction=?{Direction|-1} ) but with a target token command ?
@Darshyne, I know the remove command uses token IDs in some situations but I'm not sure about the add command. Might not work, but give this a try: !cmaster --add,condition=prone,duration=?{Duration|1},direction=?{Direction|-1},id=@{target|Creature|token_id}

Edited 1589216603
The turn Marker has disappeared (i have not change anything in the settings), is there any way to show it again ?&nbsp;
Darshyne said: hello, is there a way to apply a condition (like this :&nbsp;!cmaster --add,condition=prone,duration=?{Duration|1},direction=?{Direction|-1} ) but with a target token command ? If I'm not mistaken, I believe this API is one that assumes the highlighted token is your target. But all is not lost... When APIs make this assumption, you can simply apply it as a "token action" in your global macros and give everyone access to them.&nbsp; This way, when they click on their token, a button will appear in the top left of their browser with whatever you called the macro (Presumably, "PRONE"), and allow them to click it and apply the condition. In action (corrected the curly brackets with parenthesis, if ur trying to get a query call): The Chiseled buttons are to try to draw focus... feeling lazy
i don't know if anyone already asked this, i tried to look in the previous pages, but didn't find an answer:&nbsp; is it possible, at the moment, to change page, and keep all the conditions countdowns and turn order? because, right now, if i change page, and move the ribbon to the new page, i still see the conditions marker (if i copied the tokens) but they don't countdown anymore, and also the all CM is messed up. thank you anyway for the wonderful script!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
andrea, set the combat to hold. Drag the player ribbon to another page.&nbsp; Make sure all tokens are on target page.&nbsp; You might at first try copying the existing tokens to target page.&nbsp; Then restart.&nbsp; I'm not 100% sure it's doable.&nbsp;&nbsp;
What if you change pages as GM but don't move the ribbon? Will conditions still get messed up? Would you need to hold combat in that instance too?
I'm unsure whether I'm doing something wrong in particular here, but I'm unable to get this script to work at all. I've removed StatusInfo and Combat Tracker as this promised to replace those APIs, however upon adding Combat Master and running !cmaster, nothing happens in game. The only response I get is in the API config window: {"content":"!cmaster","playerid":"-M4_FSAlRaFlI9_C0aK4","type":"api","who":"William C. (GM)"} {"content":"!cmaster","playerid":"-M4_FSAlRaFlI9_C0aK4","type":"api","who":"William C. (GM)"} {"content":"!cmaster","playerid":"-M4_FSAlRaFlI9_C0aK4","type":"api","who":"William C. (GM)"} (It appears three times as I ran the command three times). Any help would be appreciated.
Dumbhuman
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Try this, William: !cmaster --main
KC . said: Try this, William: !cmaster --main Brilliant, thank you very much. Is there a wiki or a page somewhere detailing more about this API that I'm unaware of?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe Persephone has been working on compiling Help Handouts. The --main command is shown in the API log at startup (although most users wouldn't think to look there): "CombatMaster Ready! Command: !cmaster --main" As soon as you have that, the rest of it unfolds through the interface.
Ah, that's good to know. One additional question regarding an issue I'm having; the marker to surround whoever's turn it currently is doesn't seem to be appearing for myself. Is there something special I need to do to get this to work?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@jay, you can't have two combats running at the same time.&nbsp; You can most likely and not tested, hold combat on one page and start it up on another.&nbsp; The marker (highlights active player) won't work unless you move the player ribbon to the active page of combat.&nbsp; Conditions should be fine if moving pages.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@william, make sure the player ribbon is on the page you are looking at
Victor B. said: @jay, you can't have two combats running at the same time.&nbsp; You can most likely and not tested, hold combat on one page and start it up on another.&nbsp; The marker (highlights active player) won't work unless you move the player ribbon to the active page of combat.&nbsp; Conditions should be fine if moving pages.&nbsp;&nbsp; Good to know. I was mostly just wondering about a scenario in which I have a combat in progress but I, the GM, just need to go to another page for non-combat stuff (to finish setting up a map with monsters, or whatnot), but my players are obviously still on the ribboned combat page.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue I see with moving pages is the token id from the first page is stored in session state.&nbsp; Will it start up on second page?&nbsp; Does the ID remain the same whether copying to dragging tokens off char sheets onto the second page?&nbsp; I'm not sure
Has there been a published update to the code?&nbsp; Looking at Github it does not look like there has been an update for about 3 weeks
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nope.&nbsp; One coming.&nbsp; Help is almost done and few bugs to address
Victor B. said: Nope.&nbsp; One coming.&nbsp; Help is almost done and few bugs to address Great.&nbsp; I am looking forward to it ...you have made encounters in Roll20 so much easier to manage with this tool&nbsp;

Edited 1589547991
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 2.12 found here&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> Fixed - A number of bugs related to a token condition on map.&nbsp;&nbsp; New Functionality&nbsp; - Help is in place.&nbsp; Help files being created in Archive to not pollute game.&nbsp; Expect a few bugs here.&nbsp;&nbsp; Outstanding&nbsp; - A few bugs @everyone - if you have a duplicate player announcement, please send me an invite to your game or a copy of your game and promote me to GM.&nbsp; I can't replicate this issue in my games and nothing is leaping out in the code.&nbsp; I'll need to see what's going on within your game causing the issue