Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CombatMaster Alpha

Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What is dynamic initiative?  
@Victor Reroll Initiative every round
GKDM said: @Victor Reroll Initiative every round I have used the function with up to 5 players and the API didn't break. Hm.
Ran  Ravenknight said: GKDM said: @Victor Reroll Initiative every round I have used the function with up to 5 players and the API didn't break. Hm. Updated CM to 1.8 and ran it with 4 players and 6 mobs Monday night, and every round, I got "Detected Possible Infinite Loop"  With the option turned off, everything ran as normal.
Getting the following error when I try to do just about anything:  Error: toBack() must be given an object either from an event or getObj() or similar. undefined
I'm going nuts, I can get the help menu to come up using !cmaster --help but I can't get anything else to come up.  Am I missing another API dependency?  (I know you can't know that, so I guess the question is: are there dependencies for this to work?)

Edited 1583977381
This probably will end up being the same issue as the token-mod calls, but I'm having trouble getting an api call to work for me. Maybe I'm just missing something. I still have Robin Version 0.1.16 of 'Concentration' going in my game. I wanted to try and put the api call that toggles concentration tracking on a character as the api call for when I apply the 'Concentrating' marker. !con That is the concentration toggle for me. But when I apply the condition to a token the concentration command never fires. If anyone sees me missing something let me know. Or, alternatively, if there is an easy way to make the concentration script recognize the custom markers so it could be assigned through there. It only seed the default game markers at this time, so I've been trying to do it through !cmaster. Jon O.  said: I'm going nuts, I can get the help menu to come up using !cmaster --help but I can't get anything else to come up.  Am I missing another API dependency?  (I know you can't know that, so I guess the question is: are there dependencies for this to work?) !cmaster --main should do the trick and, yes, you will need libTokenmarker.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
token-mod doesn't work yet.  Post to The Aaron if you wish to the token-mod thread.   @GKDM, you've got something dorked up.  Invite me to game and then promote me to GM.  If this has already happened, apologies, I've joined bunch of games.   @Jon 0, there may be dependencies, but at a minimum, the API should start up.  If this persists, invite me to game, promote me to GM and I'll figure it out.   @ Devlish, there were "observers" for things like concentration, and all of Robins other scripts.  PM me what should happen and what's not happening.  

Edited 1583992963
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@EVERYONE, understand that combat master is an attempt to link multiple APIs.  However, there's been bad coding in these APIs.  So it won't work with everything.  It will only work with APIs that have a semblance of a clue. Most APIs were not developed with the idea that another would call it. Combat Master is somewhat pushing  the API paradigm of you are no longer alone, which may require changes to those APIs
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Maxlibur, same thing.  Probable conflict with another API not written well.  Invite to game and promote me and I'll figure it out.  
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh and Roll20 has a major part in this in how they deal with an API calling another API which pretty much blows out most APIs
You are a GM in my game Victor, whenever you get time, feel free to pop in again and see what else may be bad lol
Hey all. I haven't run a game in a while. I came here after reading through the last 6 months of posts in the CombatTracker thread and then the CombatMaster thread. @Victor: Thanks so so much for your work on this! Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck getting !cmaster to do anything when called. I've disabled all scripts except for libTokenMarkers and CombatMaster. The only other thing I've done to my Curse of Strahd campaign is upload an additional token set. Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 695 translation strings to worker..." "Set Defaults" "CombatMaster Ready! Command: !cmaster" "-=> libTokenMarkers v0.1.0 <=- [Tue Jan 21 2020 04:01:11 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" " > Loaded 125 Token Markers." {"content":"!cmaster","playerid":"-L1kcNr6xeUzcMNsTqVV","type":"api","who":"DM (GM)"} {"content":"!cmaster","playerid":"-L1kcNr6xeUzcMNsTqVV","type":"api","who":"DM (GM)"} {"content":"!cmaster - main","playerid":"-L1kcNr6xeUzcMNsTqVV","type":"api","who":"DM (GM)"} It looks like the commands are seen, but I don't get a menu in the chat area. Any ideas? Thanks!
!cmaster --main or !cmaster --help is what you need to type.
OMG. Typo in my macro, RIGHT THERE. Much embarrassment. Thanks, Kilter.
This is so fantastic. Stoked. Thank you, Victor!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@GKDM, which game?  I've joined a bunch
Victor B. said: @GKDM, which game?  I've joined a bunch Road to Baldur's Gate (Fix)
eullman said: This is so fantastic. Stoked. Thank you, Victor! How do you add custom token icons like this. I have the custom markers but when I click on the the icon in the options section I only have a list of the default icon.
Snow said: eullman said: This is so fantastic. Stoked. Thank you, Victor! How do you add custom token icons like this. I have the custom markers but when I click on the the icon in the options section I only have a list of the default icon. You must have the libTokenmarkers script installed and then use the Token Marker setting above.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Victor - this is looking great.   Would it be possible to add a --start option for games like savage worlds where CM isn't rolling initiative?  Currently, I have to run the first turn of combat manually and CM doesn't wake up and announce turns until I manually advance initiative once.   Keep up the great work!
Is it possible to trigger multiple conditions at once through an API command. For example, when a player is stunned  they are also incapacitated . I'd like to auto trigger the incapacitated condition when the stunned  condition is applied.  Tried adding this for the stunned  API command: !cmaster {{--add,condition=incapacitated,duration=1,direction=0,message=None}} but my sandbox broke.  Would this be possible within !cmaster? If not, applying two conditions, or including the incapacitated  description within the stunned  description are possible workarounds. Just wanted to try the API trigger first.   
Just installed the CM alpha tonight. Can't figure out how to get my custom token marker set to appear. I have it installed as the base set for my campaign. I have lib Token Marker running. When I select Token Marker instead of Combat Master for a given condition, nothing happens, and I have no option to select one of my custom markers. I am clearly doing something wrong / not getting something. What am I missing? 
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Try again after a bit.  Roll20 seems to have a lag with custom markers.  Also restart the API sandbox
Thanks Ravenknight, I knew it had to be something simple but just couldn't figure it out. I got it working now.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jay R. said: Just installed the CM alpha tonight. Can't figure out how to get my custom token marker set to appear. I have it installed as the base set for my campaign. I have lib Token Marker running. When I select Token Marker instead of Combat Master for a given condition, nothing happens, and I have no option to select one of my custom markers. I am clearly doing something wrong / not getting something. What am I missing?  Use my sure-fire fix: keithcurtis said: And now it's working properly. In case anyone wants to duplicate my success, the trick was to go do shopping, do some artwork, let the dog out and back in, have dinner, and then try again.
Hi I've just switched to this from CombatTracker and no matter what I do it doesn't seem to want to show the turn marker? I can get an effect to show when the turn starts but the actual marker isn't there at all, i've left it to the default orange circle since I quite like it anyway. Not getting any errors in the api sandbox. I have libTokenMarkers installed. Not sure what i'm doing wrong.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The page has to be on the player page.  Drag that red ribbon onto the page you are looking at (which now shows to the players) and it will work

Edited 1584296098
keithcurtis said: Jay R. said: Just installed the CM alpha tonight. Can't figure out how to get my custom token marker set to appear. I have it installed as the base set for my campaign. I have lib Token Marker running. When I select Token Marker instead of Combat Master for a given condition, nothing happens, and I have no option to select one of my custom markers. I am clearly doing something wrong / not getting something. What am I missing?  Use my sure-fire fix: keithcurtis said: And now it's working properly. In case anyone wants to duplicate my success, the trick was to go do shopping, do some artwork, let the dog out and back in, have dinner, and then try again. I had mentioned before as well a fix that personally has been working for me. I will save the libtokenmarker script again. Then restart the sandbox. THEN reload your page. They show up for me after that. 
keithcurtis said: Jay R. said: Just installed the CM alpha tonight. Can't figure out how to get my custom token marker set to appear. I have it installed as the base set for my campaign. I have lib Token Marker running. When I select Token Marker instead of Combat Master for a given condition, nothing happens, and I have no option to select one of my custom markers. I am clearly doing something wrong / not getting something. What am I missing?  Use my sure-fire fix: keithcurtis said: And now it's working properly. In case anyone wants to duplicate my success, the trick was to go do shopping, do some artwork, let the dog out and back in, have dinner, and then try again. Thanks for this, Keith. I wasn't having success, until I stumbled on this weird workaround. For the condition I wanted to modify, I clicked Icon to bring up the input value field. Without doing anything, I then clicked Condition Type and chose Token Marker from the list. I was then prompted for an input value for the icon using the old set. I chose Blue. Then, I went clicked the Icon field again for the Condition and it gave me my Custom Marker list. Tedious, because I had to do it for every condition, but I've finally got my custom markers in Combat Master!
Now let me follow this up with a super-dumb question. How do you assign conditions to characters through Combat Master?
The + button in your image or add the icon on the token normally works. :)
Kilter said: The + button in your image or add the icon on the token normally works. :) I told you it was a super-dumb question!! :) Thanks, Kilter. Would love a way to have a macro for conditions (so that I'm not so dependent on the Chat output) but that's for down the road.
there is a macro in this thread that can help as well.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@devilish I've reach out to the API experts and they believe that what you want to do should work.  If needed, I think I'm still in your game and can take a look
Kilter said: there is a macro in this thread that can help as well. Can't seem to find it. Do you have a link or a post #?
Jay R. said: Can't seem to find it. Do you have a link or a post #? !cmaster --add,condition=incapacitated,duration=1,direction=0
Mike said: Jay R. said: Can't seem to find it. Do you have a link or a post #? !cmaster --add,condition=incapacitated,duration=1,direction=0 Thank you! I'm going to try to make one that asks for a drop-down menu list of Conditions and prompts for duration. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can usually just click in the chat input and press the up arrow to get the last commands issued.
Hey Victor, you wre in my game earlier today, thanks for stopping by You said it was working fine, but did you toggle Rerolling Initiative and try it? I had it off cause I needed to play past the crashes but yeah. I turned it back on and tried to run initiative, and it hit me with the same Possible Infinite Loop Detected.
Hi Victor,  With our college D&D club going online we have a chance to do some serious testing for you.  I have Center Map on Token set to false but it still pulls the map. Any thoughts?
Any time I try to Stop Combat I get this error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at removeConditionFromToken (apiscript.js:8471:37) at state.(anonymous function).conditions.forEach (apiscript.js:8627:21) at Array.forEach (native) at stopCombat (apiscript.js:8625:43) at commandHandler (apiscript.js:7626:17) at _.each (apiscript.js:7483:21) at Function._.each._.forEach (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:186:9) at inputHandler (apiscript.js:7478:19) at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:70:8)
And if I manually Clear the Turn Order I get this error: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded at RegExp.exec (<anonymous>) at RegExp.test (native) at ac (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:71) at $b (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:36:239) at mc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:40:370) at $a.t.remove (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:26:44) at $a.t.remove (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:26:133) at $a.t.remove (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:26:133) at $a.t.remove (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:26:133) at $a.t.remove (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:26:133)
Have do I put spaced in the Description of the condition? While I can type quite a bit, it only shows the first couple of lines.

Edited 1584375507
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Badger, I'll look into that.  It shouldn't be centering.  
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dustin, you'll need to reset session state.  Something is very messed up
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@gkdm, I didn't do rerolling init.  I'll try that
I have found a minor problem with desciptions. I do not know why but for a few conditions the descriptions cut off after two or more lines.
Sazra said: I have found a minor problem with desciptions. I do not know why but for a few conditions the descriptions cut off after two or more lines. Could it be that you've included a comma in those conditions? (,)