Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CombatMaster Alpha

Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Firefox is "supposedly" supported, but it isn't.  
Hildy said: Wait. Dangit! I just tried this in another browser and it isn't acting the same way. That would explain why nobody else is seeing the same issue that I'm seeing, huh? [EDIT] I can confirm; I am, indeed, not a bright man. I've been doing my testing in Firefox, where I had apparently installed VTT Enhancement Suite at some point and forgotten about it. Combat Master was throwing announcements in response to something VTTES was doing to the turn order. Disregard my concern because the functionality I thought I needed is already there if I'd just get out of its dang way. [/EDIT] I know I may be a minority, but I don't recommend the VTTES.  Not for the least of which that it circumnavigates and simplifies too much that is Roll20; which - in the end - never benefits anyone.  I'm actually surprised Roll20 has not gone after them the way mod and patch authors were gone after in certain Bethesda and EA Games.  Maybe they actually have an agreement with Roll20, idk.  But I'd care to wonder if certain features given to paid subscribers aren't being duplicated for free in VTTES.  If so, I know I'd take issue with that as a paying subscriber.
After some more testing, some bugs I'm fairly certain are not due to the general stress the site is experiencing: The fix for persistent macros in v2.09 doesn't seem to have worked. In my last report I mentioned they only worked when the condition was permanent, but now they aren't happening regardless of duration. The macros range from templates with buttons to table rolls. The TokenMod observer works when TokenMod adds a default or uploaded marker to a token, but still isn't registering when a Marketplace marker is added by TokenMod. I've set up my normally persistent macros in the Macro bar for now, and #2 can be worked around for now, so no rush on checking these.

Edited 1586546385
Wolf Thunderspirit said: I know I may be a minority, but I don't recommend the VTTES. I'd have to agree. I installed it a while ago to see what it was about, and I mostly forgot it was installed. I don't find a lot of it to be all that useful, honestly. The only functionality I think I was intentionally using was the ability to <modifier button>+Click a token on the either the GM or Object layer to shift to that layer (with the token selected). I know there are keyboard shortcuts, but I never remember them and that felt intuitive and was speeding up my game. Anyway, I can confirm after a bunch of testing that it was VTTES that was causing ALL of my concerns with this script. It's working wonderfully for me, now.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the Beginning of Each Turn: API configuration. I'm trying to get the following to work: !token-mod --api-as DorkPlayer --ids DorkToken --set bar3_value|1 Those substitutions are setup under Macro & API. If I throw this in a macro, and put that macro in the Beginning of Each Turn: Macro spot, it works fine. I'm just curious how to set this up the right way. I'm excited about this functionality. I often lose track of who has used their reactions in large fights in D&D, so I'm using the red bubble on tokens to track Reaction, and at the start of each character's turn they get their Reaction back.
Did you wrap it in brackets? Like this: {{!token-mod {{--api-as DorkPlayer}} {{--ids DorkToken}} {{--set bar3_value|1}}}}
Persephone said: Did you wrap it in brackets? Like this: {{!token-mod {{--api-as DorkPlayer}} {{--ids DorkToken}} {{--set bar3_value|1}}}} Wow. That did it. I guess not. I saw your other post and tried bracketing; I bet I forgot the trailing brackets to close it out. Thanks!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm about done with the hold combat functionality and then I need to focus on help.  There's been SO much added since I originally did help.  It needs some love
Please forgive me if this question has been answered already, Victor, but do you have plans to integrate Robin's Concentration and Inspiration Tracker scripts into Combat Master? I would love to see this update, though I certainly understand your point that CM can't be all things to all people.  I ran CM last night with my group for the first time. It worked beautifully. Only issue was server lag. The script itself did everything I needed it to do.

Edited 1586638057
Jay R. said: Please forgive me if this question has been answered already, Victor, but do you have plans to integrate Robin's Concentration and Inspiration Tracker scripts into Combat Master? I would love to see this update, though I certainly understand your point that CM can't be all things to all people.  I ran CM last night with my group for the first time. It worked beautifully. Only issue was server lag. The script itself did everything I needed it to do. Glad our groups aren't the only ones seeing server lag since the Covid 19 Pandemic and all the subs flowed in from the face-to-face tabletoppers needing to go digital to maintain social distancing..... Tuesday's game actually had to drop from 4 hours to 3 bc the last hour was 2 seconds playable/ 30 seconds not, repeatedly.  The browser kept losing connection to the roll20 servers for all party members. Anyway - Victor has Concentration, "Etc" on the to do list.  I would personally like to see Concentration and Death Tracker, but Robin has made some fantastic scripts with great API UIs that work on both the Shaped and OGL sheets (probably others' sheets as well, as they are quite agnostic/ customizable).  Almost all are relevant to combat, but running both Robin's and CM at the same time seems to cause a LOT of duplication.  I can't tell you the number of times I get to see the "Bloodied" Condition from Death Tracker appear when applied ... lol (usually repeats itself 10 times in the chat window).  I'd like concentration to have an option where only the Person in control of a character and the gm can see the results.  This way, I can spare myself the need for screenshots, and avoid players seeing npc rolls.
Quick fix for the Concentration and Death Tracker is you wish to still use them is find the default setting int the code and change them to the name of the token markers you want. They both will still work once you hit reset.  This is what I did: Concentration Version 0.1.16     setDefaults = (reset) => {         const defaults = {             config: {                 command: 'concentration',                 statusmarker: 'Concentration::243137',                 bar: 1,                 send_reminder_to: 'everyone', // character,gm,                 auto_add_concentration_marker: true,                 auto_roll_save: true,                 advantage: false,                 bonus_attribute: 'constitution_save_bonus',                 show_roll_button: true             },             advantages: {}         }; Then Death Tracker Version 0.1.9:         setDefaults = (reset) => {             const defaults = {                 config: {                     command: 'dead',                     death_statusmarker: 'dead',                     half_statusmarker: 'Bloodied::243574',                     massive_damage: true,                     bar: 1,                     firsttime: (reset) ? false : true,                     pc_unconscious_statusmarker: 'Dying::243507',                     change_player_tint: false,                     change_npc_tint: false,                     fx: true,                     fx_type: 'splatter-blood',                     heal_fx: false,                     heal_fx_type: 'glow-holy'                 }
Kilter said: Quick fix for the Concentration and Death Tracker is you wish to still use them is find the default setting int the code and change them to the name of the token markers you want. They both will still work once you hit reset.  This is what I did: Concentration Version 0.1.16     setDefaults = (reset) => {         const defaults = {             config: {                 command: 'concentration',                 statusmarker: 'Concentration::243137',                 bar: 1,                 send_reminder_to: 'everyone', // character,gm,                 auto_add_concentration_marker: true,                 auto_roll_save: true,                 advantage: false,                 bonus_attribute: 'constitution_save_bonus',                 show_roll_button: true             },             advantages: {}         }; Then Death Tracker Version 0.1.9:         setDefaults = (reset) => {             const defaults = {                 config: {                     command: 'dead',                     death_statusmarker: 'dead',                     half_statusmarker: 'Bloodied::243574',                     massive_damage: true,                     bar: 1,                     firsttime: (reset) ? false : true,                     pc_unconscious_statusmarker: 'Dying::243507',                     change_player_tint: false,                     change_npc_tint: false,                     fx: true,                     fx_type: 'splatter-blood',                     heal_fx: false,                     heal_fx_type: 'glow-holy'                 } Thanks for this! I don't use Death Tracker, but definitely Concentration, so I'll give your mod a whirl.

Edited 1586639637
I may try that, at least until (or barring) an update. Concentration is another one of those things that I manage to forget about more often than I like. I've done some testing with my use of token bar3 to track reaction use and it's been promising. I made a little token mod macro that players can click to set the value to 0 when they use a reaction and then Combat Master resets it to 1 at the start of their turn. I never have to have the "did he use his reaction already, or was that last turn?" conversation again. I'm super curious what other macros and API calls people are using with Combat Master.  
Wolf Thunderspirit said: I can't tell you the number of times I get to see the "Bloodied" Condition from Death Tracker appear when applied ... lol (usually repeats itself 10 times in the chat window). I just realized this happens because DeathTracker applies the marker to all instances of that character's token across all pages, and CombatMaster registers each one. So if you have your parties tokens on 5 pages, you'll get the condition announcement 5 times.
Persephone said: Wolf Thunderspirit said: I can't tell you the number of times I get to see the "Bloodied" Condition from Death Tracker appear when applied ... lol (usually repeats itself 10 times in the chat window). I just realized this happens because DeathTracker applies the marker to all instances of that character's token across all pages, and CombatMaster registers each one. So if you have your parties tokens on 5 pages, you'll get the condition announcement 5 times. Now that's interesting.  At least I can tell that to my players now.  Can't do much about it, for now, sadly.
I've run into a bug today where if I pause the timer in Combat Master it becomes completely non-functional.  Cannot access menu, no commands work, cannot start or stop or anything.  Two of my games are essentially locked for this API. Resetting the API script did nothing, clearing cache did nothing and restarting my machine did nothing to help.  It's essentially unusable if you ever pause the timer (in my experience). You may be aware of this issue, but I thought I'd report it.
I'm getting a bunch of  ��� appearing in the Combat Master chat windows. Is there a browser extension of something that I need to turn these into the actual characters they are supposed to be? They make learning how to use this script unnecessarily difficult.
RobbaYaga said: I'm getting a bunch of  ��� appearing in the Combat Master chat windows. Is there a browser extension of something that I need to turn these into the actual characters they are supposed to be? They make learning how to use this script unnecessarily difficult. I believe this is something dating all the way back to StatusInfo; regarding syntax in use not translating correctly.  I know the comma and apostrophe characters caused issues, and I was never ever to duplicate the new line ability for condition descriptions. I have also seen what you're referring to in the help/ how to use CM output - many areas where the 3 diamonded question marks appear to replace whatever was there originally.
Hildy said: Wolf Thunderspirit said: I know I may be a minority, but I don't recommend the VTTES. I'd have to agree. I installed it a while ago to see what it was about, and I mostly forgot it was installed. I don't find a lot of it to be all that useful, honestly. The only functionality I think I was intentionally using was the ability to <modifier button>+Click a token on the either the GM or Object layer to shift to that layer (with the token selected). I know there are keyboard shortcuts, but I never remember them and that felt intuitive and was speeding up my game. Anyway, I can confirm after a bunch of testing that it was VTTES that was causing ALL of my concerns with this script. It's working wonderfully for me, now. Macros to the rescue!  (Assumes you've installed TokenMod, bc u should!) GM Layer switch [Move Selected Token to GM Layer ( CTRL+SHFT+K (CMD+SHIFT+K on Mac)) ](!token-mod --set layer|gmlayer) Object Layer switch [Move Selected Token to Object Layer (CTRL+SHFT+O (CMD+SHIFT+O on Mac)) ](!token-mod --set layer|objects) Simple as that ...
Is there a way to write a macro that add a status condition to the "targeted" token so that Combat Master recognize? For example, if I want to make token action that 'directly add a debuff' onto it's target. Right now the macro for adding conditions seem to be  e.g !cmaster --add,condition=Poison,duration=0,direction=0 which doesn't seem to have anywhere to put a targeted ID in it.
Wolf Thunderspirit said: I believe this is something dating all the way back to StatusInfo; regarding syntax in use not translating correctly.  I know the comma and apostrophe characters caused issues, and I was never ever to duplicate the new line ability for condition descriptions. And StatusInfo is built right into Combat Master? I'm feeling like I should just use Combat Tracker since I want the initiative and turn order organization and couldn't care less about the conditions nonsense. Would I be correct in that assumption?
StatusInfo is apart of CombatMaster but does not have to be used. You can remove the conditions so they don't trigger. As combat tracker is not being supported at the moment. 
RobbaYaga  said: And StatusInfo is built right into Combat Master? I'm feeling like I should just use Combat Tracker since I want the initiative and turn order organization and couldn't care less about the conditions nonsense. Would I be correct in that assumption? Combatmaster is superior to Combat Tracker and you can disable conditions if not needed. Give it a spin.
RobbaYaga said: I'm getting a bunch of  ��� appearing in the Combat Master chat windows. Is there a browser extension of something that I need to turn these into the actual characters they are supposed to be? They make learning how to use this script unnecessarily difficult. I noticed this in the help window from the version available via one-click (2.0 I think). I'm running 2.09 off of git now, and don't see this happening in the help window anymore so this is something that's being addressed it would seem.

Edited 1586815529
Hildy said: RobbaYaga said: I'm getting a bunch of  ��� appearing in the Combat Master chat windows. Is there a browser extension of something that I need to turn these into the actual characters they are supposed to be? They make learning how to use this script unnecessarily difficult. I noticed this in the help window from the version available via one-click (2.0 I think). I'm running 2.09 off of git now, and don't see this happening in the help window anymore so this is something that's being addressed it would seem. I'm only running the ones from one click.  There are a few exceptions, things like the Shaped Sheet API, or libTokenMarkers, but generally I like that the one click will autoupdate when the author uploads, rather than me having to manually update.  I ran into a situation where I thought the other way, that all of my APIs should be manually updated, with Token-Mod ... not realizing I was using a version that was 4x outdated.  TheAaron had to come into my campaign and discover that.  Felt like such a Noob!

Edited 1586816938
@Victor Getting the following Error EVERY time initiative is rolled in the one game I play/ CoGM in.  I was using the OneClick, then pulled the git - but this happens 100% of the time when initiative is rolled.  I don't have the issue in my games but I use the Shaped Sheet, theirs uses OGL.  Otherwise everything is set the same way.  Group-Init is setup per OGL, not Shaped, and used for Initiative rolls.  When rolled using just Group-Init, no error as long as CM is disabled.
Wolf Thunderspirit said: I'm only running the ones from one click. Best practices! I'm only temporarily running this one from git; I intend to switch over once new versions of it start pushing to one-click (I think there was some technical difficulty last week w/ getting that set up).
Hildy said: Wolf Thunderspirit said: I'm only running the ones from one click. Best practices! I'm only temporarily running this one from git; I intend to switch over once new versions of it start pushing to one-click (I think there was some technical difficulty last week w/ getting that set up). Same. I only run github versions if there is a specific reason I need to modify the script, or obvs if they're not available in one-click. 
Can someone link me to the one-click that is being mentioned?
It’s in the Script Library, which you can access from the API Scripts drop-down menu option in your Roll20 game page. 
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Wolf, do you have a marker setup, the icon that highlights the active player?

Edited 1586871351
@RobbaYaga, "one-click" refers to it being in the API script library, so if you go into your games API settings and search the drop-down list of APIs, the script is there. However, the one-click version (2.0) of CombatMaster wasn't published properly and has a lot of bugs the current version has fixed. The current version (2.09) is available here: <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a>

Edited 1586871779
Btw, @Victor, I found one more bug last night in addition to these: When adding/removing most Marketplace markers via radial menu, CM doesn't add/remove the associated condition. For some reason, it is working with one or two of the markers within the set. Unsure what's causing it to work for some but not all. The fix for persistent macros in v2.09 doesn't seem to have worked. In my last report I mentioned they only worked when the condition was permanent, but now they aren't happening regardless of duration. The macros range from templates with buttons to table rolls. The TokenMod observer works when TokenMod adds a default or uploaded marker to a token, but still isn't registering when a Marketplace marker is added by TokenMod. I've set up my normally persistent macros in the Macro bar for now, and #2 can be worked around for now, so no rush on checking these.
Thanks everyone. I'm very new to Scripts. Persephone, I originally did use the one in the API drop down menu in the game settings. I assume that from here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> &nbsp;I need to copy the raw file into the API window?
Yes, click new script, as shown here, then paste the raw file
Got it, thank you.

Edited 1586877686
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Wolf, that's a failure on the turnorder.&nbsp; You do have one before starting combat with CM?&nbsp; You're seeing tokens in the turnorder and those tokens are all linked to character sheets?
Ok, this may seem like a foolish question, but how does one get CM to actually roll Init? I got into the set up and set it for CM to roll initiative and ... nothing happens when I click on a token or add a turn to the turn order, etc.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Go to initiative, make sure it's set to combat master.&nbsp; You then need to set your initiative attribute.&nbsp; Make sure that's set.&nbsp; Then highlight tokens and click start button
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alright, I've got a version of Concentration up and running from my github.&nbsp; Get version 2.01 here&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/Concentration" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/Concentration</a>
Victor B. said: Alright, I've got a version of Concentration up and running from my github.&nbsp; Get version 2.01 here&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/Concentration" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/Concentration</a> Nice Victor! I will try to give it a spin.

Edited 1586890127
Thanks Victor. I got it working. Just to say it. This is an amazing script that I can see a lot of people put their blood, sweat and tears into. Maybe update the documentation? On an unrelated note, while I was trying this script (and some others out) on a copy of a game I'm running, I noticed that all my character sheets are missing, with only the Bio and Attributes / Abilities pages still present. Is this something that is common with making a game copy? Is this an API causing me to lose information as is warned about on the Settings API page? Thoughts? EDIT: Nevermind. Somehow the character sheet was no longer selected. I selected it in settings and everything reappeared.
Is anyone else having an issue with the turn order markers not working? They were working fine and as of today no longer work. There are no errors running in the script. It is just not showing up.&nbsp; Not sure what the issue is here. I have deleted script, reinstalled and reset the script.&nbsp; {"content":"!cmaster --turn,start --main","playerid":"-M4_MLkQ8nXX-7Im75dT","selected":[{"_id":"-M4uCYZsoeZi1IoVHZu6","_type":"text"},{"_id":"-M4jYNcHxDdLft2OpssO","_type":"graphic"},{"_id":"-M4f59VhO9APnMJ5PFJ1","_type":"graphic"},{"_id":"-M4f59WtFgY_1NFs7WVp","_type":"graphic"}],"type":"api","who":"Obannon (GM)"} "Lookup:" "Tokens:turn,start" {"details":{"start":"start"},"action":["turn"]} "Command Handler" "Start Combat" "Verify Setup" "CombatMaster" ["initiative_bonus"] ["initiative_bonus"] ["initiative_bonus"] "Add to Turnorder" "Add to Turnorder" "Add to Turnorder" "Lookup:" "Tokens:main" {"details":{"main":"main"},"action":["main"]} "Command Handler" "Send Main Menu" "Do Turnorder External Calls" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" 20 "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" 20 "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" 24 "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Turn Order Change" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Change Marker" "Announce Player" "Announce Condition" "Do Turn External Calls" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Get or Create Marker" "Change Marker" {"content":"!cmaster --turn,next","playerid":"-M4_MLkQ8nXX-7Im75dT","selected":[{"_id":"-M4uCYZsoeZi1IoVHZu6","_type":"text"},{"_id":"-M4jYNcHxDdLft2OpssO","_type":"graphic"},{"_id":"-M4f59VhO9APnMJ5PFJ1","_type":"graphic"},{"_id":"-M4f59WtFgY_1NFs7WVp","_type":"graphic"}],"type":"api","who":"Obannon (GM)"} "Lookup:" "Tokens:turn,next" {"details":{"next":"next"},"action":["turn"]} "Command Handler" "Next Turn" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Turn Order Change" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Change Marker" "Announce Player" "Announce Condition" "Do Turn External Calls" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Get or Create Marker" "Change Marker" thats from starting combat, i see no error, just no marker generation. any ideas? thank you!
Victor B. said: Alright, I've got a version of Concentration up and running from my github.&nbsp; Get version 2.01 here&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/Concentration" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/Concentration</a> YAYY I'll be sure to let you know if I hit any snags. Very excited t test it out.
How is Concentration different than any other Condition as far as CM is concerned? (Does not play 5E.)
Obannon, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "Combat Marker" but I just spent some significant time learning to use CM and it seemed flawless.
Now i am getting this error anyone have an idea what is causing this? For reference, the error message generated was: TypeError: Cannot set property 'undefined' of undefined TypeError: Cannot set property 'undefined' of undefined at editCombatState (apiscript.js:14281:102) at commandHandler (apiscript.js:13756:13) at _.each (apiscript.js:13543:21) at Function._.each._.forEach (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:186:9) at inputHandler (apiscript.js:13538:19) at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1648:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)
Concentration add the conditions like CM and works with it, but will also trigger checks for concentration and remove it if the rolls fail. Basically automating the check.