Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CombatMaster Alpha

Edited 1603471728
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
David F said: Is this still a known error? I thought I saw in an earlier post that an update was sent to Roll20 that was going to go live this past Tuesday that would fix this? Is my only option to try and do a manual copy/paste install? An update was submitted by me that could have potentially fix the issue in the one-click, but it clearly didn't. At least the API's description page now includes info on the ongoing issue, as well as a link directly to Vicberg's latest version of the script to be used, as well as to this thread: I pinged the Roll20 repo manager on the issue here . Guess I could make a mini-update and explicitly state to use the direct script if it doesn't, and that it's a know issue, in case there won't be a real fix next week. EDIT: comment from Roll20: Reonin: Yeah, I noticed when the changes hit live this week these cases didn't get resolved. I believe we will be doing a deeper dive on what's breaking these one clicks but I don't have a firm timeline on when that will be just yet.

Edited 1603478913
My CombatMaster (2.36) isn't announcing turns in the chat despite my menu looking like:   Tokens were on object layer etc Edit: The player ribbon wasn't on that map hence the issue. Please ignore
Who has a good universal IMPORT, mine got crazy when I moved to 2.36. I can't call the menu nor did muh settings translate over. ALL GOOD I LOVE CMASTER, It's worth the bumps and bruises.
PosterBoiTellEM said: Who has a good universal IMPORT, mine got crazy when I moved to 2.36. I can't call the menu nor did muh settings translate over. ALL GOOD I LOVE CMASTER, It's worth the bumps and bruises. Do you mean !cmaster --main doesn't work anymore? That's odd behavior. If you copy the raw from github into a new API script, restart, and make sure your old version is disabled, you should at least be able to call up the main CM menu. And I have never known CM to blow away settings on an update. Is it possible that the menu isn't loading because of the big API lag currently plaguing Roll20?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I sent the v.2.36 update to Roll20, and made changes to the API description to make it cristal-clear that it currently needs to be installed manually. It already had links to the main repo and to this thread, but people didn't seem to read it and notice the old instructions to manually install it for now. Now it should be impossible to miss. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/pull/1111" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/pull/1111</a>
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 is aware of the issue.&nbsp; Andreas is helping.&nbsp; Thank you very much Andreas.&nbsp; According to Roll20, they don't know when they'll have the time to look deeply into it.&nbsp; CM is not the only one having one click issues.&nbsp; Until then, go to my github.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Jay R. said: PosterBoiTellEM said: Who has a good universal IMPORT, mine got crazy when I moved to 2.36. I can't call the menu nor did muh settings translate over. ALL GOOD I LOVE CMASTER, It's worth the bumps and bruises. Do you mean !cmaster --main doesn't work anymore? That's odd behavior. If you copy the raw from github into a new API script, restart, and make sure your old version is disabled, you should at least be able to call up the main CM menu. And I have never known CM to blow away settings on an update. Is it possible that the menu isn't loading because of the big API lag currently plaguing Roll20? I am asking for the "import" text, Devilish helped me set it up in the first place but even when I copy her import in I get nothing. When I first launch the initiative the tracker and markers come up, but the first time I hit the next turn NO CM. There's no crash or anything, I just can't call CM at all. I use the GitHub link from this thread and did the manual install, I have done it a few times with no issues. I just figured I jacked up my settings. I saw Victor helped with an issue with running two CM at the same time. I might have done the same thing. Is there any way to recover it if that is the issue?
A quick question. I encountered the following error in the console when trying to initiate combat. "Error: No attribute or sheet field found for character_id -M8ZY_W_o9WaBThcCVjd named initiative_style" I'm using the roll20 pathfinder 1e character sheets in my game, hence I wanted to ask whether combat master would be compatible. I saw in the script that initiative_style was used for determining whether the character had advantage on their inititive roll (which I assumed was for 5e, although I'm not too familiar with the rules).
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
CM is compatible with PF.&nbsp; That message will be removed.&nbsp; I haven't done it yet.&nbsp;&nbsp;
While running combat, the players turn is announced in chat like it's supposed to, and when the player clicks the check mark to go to the next person's turn it will go, but after the first time that happens all of my APIs, including Combat Master, stop working (there are no errors that pop up). I have to restart my API sandbox every single time after the first "next" is clicked. Am I doing something wrong?
Levi H. said: While running combat, the players turn is announced in chat like it's supposed to, and when the player clicks the check mark to go to the next person's turn it will go, but after the first time that happens all of my APIs, including Combat Master, stop working (there are no errors that pop up). I have to restart my API sandbox every single time after the first "next" is clicked. Am I doing something wrong? It's API lag and fails.&nbsp; They did a server restart but it seems not to have fixed the problem.&nbsp; It's them, not you.
Wolf Thunderspirit said: Levi H. said: While running combat, the players turn is announced in chat like it's supposed to, and when the player clicks the check mark to go to the next person's turn it will go, but after the first time that happens all of my APIs, including Combat Master, stop working (there are no errors that pop up). I have to restart my API sandbox every single time after the first "next" is clicked. Am I doing something wrong? It's API lag and fails.&nbsp; They did a server restart but it seems not to have fixed the problem.&nbsp; It's them, not you. Yep, what Wolf said. A workaround is to install the APIheartbeat script to keep the API from silently failing.&nbsp;

Edited 1604077763
I've recently discovered Combat Tracker and - the day after running my first game using it - Combat Master. Playing around with it, it seems fantastic - but I'm having an issue with getting it to run Macros at the beginning of each round. Since I was using Combat Tracker before, all of my characters have a CT_TURN macro. Whenever I key CT_TURN into either the 'Characters Macro' or 'All Tokens Macro' box however, Combat Master crashes whenever I try to start combat and I get the following error: ReferenceError: action is not defined ReferenceError: action is not defined at getMacro (apiscript.js:7827:9) at apiscript.js:7658:37 at Array.forEach (&lt;anonymous&gt;) at doRoundCalls (apiscript.js:7651:19) at Timeout._onTimeout (apiscript.js:6597:13) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7) I've been able to get CT_TURN to fire at the start of each characters turn, but as I'm using it to modify attributes with chatsetattr this means it fires multiple times whenever the turn is delayed. I'm probably doing something wrong, but for some reason my game didn't generate a help file and my sifting through the forum hasn't had any success yet. Edit: Found the help files in my archived entries: but looking them over, if the macro is calling on turn start then the same macro should be fine on round start.

Edited 1604104762
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
First, make sure you are running a correct version.&nbsp; Roll20 on Github isn't working.&nbsp; Roll20 is aware of the issue but hasn't committed to a date for fixing.&nbsp; Use this version&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> Post a screen shot of the panel where your using CT_TURN.&nbsp; I need to see how you've configured it.&nbsp; The failure shouldn't happen though.&nbsp; That could be a bug

Edited 1604180926
Thanks Victor! I'm using the same version: saw the warning on the one-click installer and copy/pasted from the Github RAW file instead. Just compared the URL I copied from to be certain and it's the same one. The current settings are a fresh reset (using the reset command on the setup menu) with only the macro setting changed. I wasn't certain whether to use Characters Macro or All Tokens Macro, but using either / both gives the same error. I've tried adding a global Macro called CT_TURN to see if that helped, but no dice there either. I tried using the API function instead as a workaround but ({{!modbattr --all --hit_dice|+1}} results in just combatmaster only registering the ' } ') and {{!modbattr--all--hit_dice|+1}} results in chatsetattr not liking the syntax without the spaces.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hmmm, PM me an invite to your game and then promote me once I've joined.&nbsp; I'll need to take a closer look at what your doing.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Sent - thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@everyone, DO NOT USE ROLL20 one click for CombatMaster.&nbsp; It's messed up.&nbsp; Roll20 is aware of the issue.&nbsp; Not much I can do about it.&nbsp; Use my own github which I've posted multiple links to.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1604390590
I'm having an issue with the conditions setup. If i change the "icon type" to "token marker" and selects a custem token icon, then when selected to a token the condition text won't show up. While as the same setup is chossen but i choose a defualt token set it will show the text in the text.&nbsp; I have both libTokenmarker and statusinfo installed Don't know if it's me doing something wrong or if it's something in the script. Hope that you can help :)
Cpt. Kat said: I'm having an issue with the conditions setup. If i change the "icon type" to "token marker" and selects a custem token icon, then when selected to a token the condition text won't show up. While as the same setup is chossen but i choose a defualt token set it will show the text in the text.&nbsp; I have both libTokenmarker and statusinfo installed Don't know if it's me doing something wrong or if it's something in the script. Hope that you can help :) Came here for pretty much the same thing. Dunno if the Problem with libtokenmarker or with you, but it doesn't really work. some tokenmarkers won't show up at all, even if they are available via the token itself, and when trying to update or remove the condition the token marker either gets duplicated or not removed at all. The number indicator also doesn't update. Everything works fine when using cm, but no custom tokens ofc.
Cpt. Kat said: I'm having an issue with the conditions setup. If i change the "icon type" to "token marker" and selects a custem token icon, then when selected to a token the condition text won't show up. While as the same setup is chossen but i choose a defualt token set it will show the text in the text.&nbsp; I have both libTokenmarker and statusinfo installed Don't know if it's me doing something wrong or if it's something in the script. Hope that you can help :) You shouldn't have StatusInfo installed if you're using CM to track conditions. Disable that script and you should be fine.&nbsp;
Sven K. said: Came here for pretty much the same thing. Dunno if the Problem with libtokenmarker or with you, but it doesn't really work. some tokenmarkers won't show up at all, even if they are available via the token itself, and when trying to update or remove the condition the token marker either gets duplicated or not removed at all. The number indicator also doesn't update. Everything works fine when using cm, but no custom tokens ofc. I found what the Problem with my is...the custom token marker set I use has spaces in the names. When testing with a token marker without spaces it worked, as noticed in the handout... Kinda Sucks, seems I have to make a custom set and copy all the makers over there...:/
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmmm, spaces in the name "shouldn't" cause an issue.&nbsp; Possibly an issue in libTokenMarker.&nbsp; I'm not sure yet.&nbsp; I'll reach out to TheAaron
Victor B. said: Hmmm, spaces in the name "shouldn't" cause an issue.&nbsp; Possibly an issue in libTokenMarker.&nbsp; I'm not sure yet.&nbsp; I'll reach out to TheAaron Well, I downloaded, reuploaded and then renamed the tokens without spaces and all of them show up and get removed and updated correctly...so pretty much the only difference is the name.
PosterBoiTellEM said: I am asking for the "import" text, Devilish helped me set it up in the first place but even when I copy her import in I get nothing. When I first launch the initiative the tracker and markers come up, but the first time I hit the next turn NO CM. There's no crash or anything, I just can't call CM at all. I use the GitHub link from this thread and did the manual install, I have done it a few times with no issues. I just figured I jacked up my settings. I saw Victor helped with an issue with running two CM at the same time. I might have done the same thing. Is there any way to recover it if that is the issue? @Victor I'm coming out of my Roll20 retirement for a day to help my guy here troubleshoot but you've clearly made some updates to the script since I last took a look at it. Should you have any spare time, help would be much appreciated. It seems to crash for him when i move the turn order along sometimes, but not others. Hard to tell what's potentially !cmaster and what's lag/interference from other scripts.&nbsp;
@Victor have you had a chance to add the --id parameter to get around having to have a selected token yet?&nbsp; Seems to be the only thing holding me back from integrating some of my API scripts with this. Great freaking job btw :)

Edited 1604687863
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
-id parameter? You want to -id as part of which commands?&nbsp; All of them?&nbsp; Add Condition, etc....
@Victor oh gosh sorry.... I had seen an earlier post about possibly adding a -ids parameter that would override the selected token from the msg.selected.&nbsp; Where this would help is when another api is using sendChat("API","!cmaster blah blah blah") we could specify a list of target token id's on the command line. For instance.. sendChat("API","!cmaster --add,condition=blinded,duration=1,direction=-1 --ids -MJcda8FRKXnH0CObLTA, -IDXXXVVYDD, -XM1234FSDDF") would add the blinded condition to those supplied token ID's without there being a need to have a selected token on the board. Super helpful when using @{target|t1|token_id} stuff from macro's as well since those target calls eat the msg.selected property when an API handler executes. Make sense?
...and yeah, add condition, remove condition for starters would be awesome.

Edited 1604690737
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmmm, let me think about that change.&nbsp; That's really switching the token selection from CM to macros, when the macro (or Macros) can already be called from within CM.&nbsp; Can you tell me how you are using the macros and why you want to invoke CM after the macro has run?&nbsp;
So, this is going to sound nuts but, I have a spell book handout.. User selects say the (insert spell name here) macro button that calls my API. My API builds an API command button that prompts for a VARIABLE number of targets based off spell/ level he casts it as.&nbsp; This button prompts for the targets and passes those to an API function of mine that takes the target list as parameters. In perfect world, from my API, I could iterate over the the list of target token id's that was sent and call sendChat like... sendChat("API","!cmaster --add,condition=blinded,duration=1,direction=-1 id=-MJcda8FRKXnH0CObLTA ") .&nbsp;&nbsp; Because of all the juking and jiving with target picking and such, the selected token isn't the one I want to take an action on.&nbsp; It's actually a target I want to add a condition on. So essentialy, just being able to pass one (or more, not going to get greedy) token_id on the command line would help out a lot for other api's to be able to ride the coattails of your awesome API. :)

Edited 1604694759
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alright, but CM allows you to cast spells and select targets for that spell, also assigns a concentration.&nbsp; It also allows for a variant, where the spell is based on the caster (bless for example).&nbsp; Those are considered targeted spells and the spell goes on the caster and the targets. I'm not telling you to switch over to CM for some of this functionality, but I can't add this functionality you want when it duplicates what CM is already doing.&nbsp; You're welcome to fork the code and make the change yourself, but it's too large a change for something like this.&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;
No problem at all.&nbsp; I just thought it would be a nice way to have it play well with others :)&nbsp; Thanks for your consideration though!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue with making changes, especially like changes like this, is that it adds to the complexity of an already complex script and can destabilize it.&nbsp; CM unfortunately can't be all things to all people.&nbsp; I need to manage it's scope (and stability).&nbsp;&nbsp;
On the issue of scope and tracking requests, can I humbly request a new thread for the next release of Combat Master? This one is getting a bit unwieldy.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sure.&nbsp; I'll start one.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Hello, i'm trying to use combatmaster + group-initiative but i get this error:&nbsp; TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object at Function.entries (&lt;anonymous&gt;) at doTurnCalls (apiscript.js:2612:20) at Timeout._onTimeout (apiscript.js:2027:18) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7) &nbsp;i did as i always did: set initiative on Group-init and then roll, but this time everytime i try, this happens. thank you very much in advance.&nbsp; ALso there is a macros that i can use to automatically add a condition? My characters have the following macros:&nbsp; /em Uses THUDERBOLT on **@{target|token_name}** &amp;{template:default} {{name= Kirin 1’000’000’000 Volt D8}} {{range:= 3m}} {{Area:= 1m}} {{damages:= [[[[d8]] + @{Bonus_Int} - @{target|BAR2}]]}} {{tries to hit= [[1t[D10D6-D8D8]]]}} *(Cooldown 3 turns)* i'd like to have that macro to automatically set a condition (the cooldown for the attack). Is it Possible ?&nbsp;
Hi all, new thread is live already: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9441420/combatmaster-2-dot-0" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9441420/combatmaster-2-dot-0</a>
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andrea, we do have a new thread for this, so I'll ask a few questions to you there.&nbsp;&nbsp;