Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CombatMaster Alpha

Grabbed version 2.19 to test last night. Spells seem to auto-add to CM fine, but the Concentration marker isn't appearing on the token even when set to true for a spell.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just upgraded too, and am having the same issue.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmmm, let me look into that.  Also, I found some "spells" that don't even have the word spell in it when cast from OGL.  Figuring out how to capture those.  
Hey, working with version 2.19 (Updated from 2.10 > 2.14 > 2.19) and even as far back as 2.10, my Re-rolling Initiatives has started giving me  For reference, the error message generated was:  Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down. again. My api log is full of  "Do Round Calls" "Verify Turnorder" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Do TurnOrder Change" "Verify Turnorder" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Change Marker" "Announce Player" "Announce Condition" "Do Turn External Calls" "Get or Create Marker" "Check Marker Turn" "Get or Create Marker" "Change Marker" for what looks like every round of combat, and thats fine, I think, as I think that's normal behavior.  It doesn't matter if I'm using the re-roll initiative for 2 tokens or 25, it gives me a Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down.  I've also tried using group-init and turning it on, and that error also gets output.  Tried to workaround it by setting group-init to call for "!group-init --reroll" at the start of every round but it just ignores that? I input "{!group-init --reroll}" and I see in the logs that it runs, but it only runs "!group-init" for each token in the turn order, doing nothing but outputting a message in my in game chat as well as the api logs.  If I can get some help with it in CombatMaster or possibly even someone to point out what mistake I'm making with setting the grop-init command up in CombatMaster, I'd be grateful. 
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For concentration not showing, make sure you go the concentration menu and set use concentration to true.&nbsp; Then auto add marker.&nbsp; If you want to do a con check, set auto roll to true (mislabeled right now) and then set your wound bar and your constitution save bonus for your sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; There's a few changes made in v2.20.&nbsp; Get latest from here&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a>
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also if you are adding a new spell, it won't assign concentration.&nbsp; There's no way for CM to know when you are done entering the spell.&nbsp; So once spell is created, then assign spell to target and it will ask for the caster token.&nbsp; Highlight and click the arrow.&nbsp; Once spell is in CM, the next time it's cast, concentration is added to the caster token automatically if you have add marker set to true on the concentration menu.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Does this support custom status icons? I have custom status icons and can't figure out how to select them for my statuses.
James J. said: Does this support custom status icons? I have custom status icons and can't figure out how to select them for my statuses. Yes it does. You need a separate lib API to be loaded so that you can use the names of your own status tokens. I think the instructions are on the main help page for CM.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You need to install libTokenMarker.&nbsp; Don't use the Combat Master one click yet as I'm in the process of testing out a new version.&nbsp; When assigning custom markers, select Token Marker instead of Combat Master as the icon type.&nbsp; Then you can select from any or all sets of custom markers you have.&nbsp;&nbsp; Get the latest here.&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> .&nbsp; Click the raw button, select everything, copy, create a new script in your Rolll20 game and paste in.&nbsp; Call the new script whatever you want.
I've been using Combat Master for a few months now in two different games.&nbsp; Now, it's working on one but not the other, and the same thing is happening with Combat Tracker (how I used to keep track of initiative before cmaster). Here's what I'm getting on the API Output Console: For reference, the error message generated was:&nbsp; TypeError: Cannot read property 'pr' of null TypeError: Cannot read property 'pr' of null at apiscript.js:17370:56 at Array.sort (&lt;anonymous&gt;) at sortTurnorder (apiscript.js:17369:19) at rollInitiative (apiscript.js:16997:13) at startCombat (apiscript.js:16899:13) at commandHandler (apiscript.js:15918:17) at apiscript.js:15778:21 at Function.each (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:188:9) at inputHandler (apiscript.js:15773:19) at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16) 1
I think this all started when I tried to configure the turn order not to display the little red and green circles indicating who's up next in initiative.&nbsp; I've installed version 2.20, and I even clicked the "Reset Combat Tracker" button.&nbsp; All that did was replace my custom token status/condition markers with the default set.&nbsp; I'm also getting a message in the chat to "Please update StatusInfo to the latest version."&nbsp; When I follow the link to GitHub, it's the two-year old version I already installed.&nbsp; I'm also not seeing in my Combat Master anything about Concentration or Spells, like others are discussing and showing images of in this thread.&nbsp; I'm very confused! Vic, this was/is my favorite API script, and I'm hoping you can tell me where I'm going wrong.

Edited 1595301607
@Vic - gave you a PM 3 days ago on the Shaped sheet think-tanking ... haven't heard back.&nbsp; I know ur busy though...&nbsp; I definitely think TheAaron and maybe others such as Devilish and Persephone should also be on board ... I usually work third shift, sleep in the morning, and have a game Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday nights.&nbsp; Otherwise I'm free.&nbsp; I'm Eastern USA Time Zone, New York City as a reference.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Papa, Combat Master does not work with Combat Tracker or Status Info.&nbsp; If you're running all 3 you're going to have lots of issues.&nbsp; Status Info needs an update implies your running OLD Combat Tracker/Status Info and if you installed v2.20 of Combat Master then you're running all 3.&nbsp; Remove Combat Tracker/Status Info.&nbsp;&nbsp; There will ALWAYS be a turn marker.&nbsp; It shows the end of round and start of a new round.&nbsp; If you don't want players to see it, set Use Marker to false on the Turnorder Menu.&nbsp; It will still be there but on the GM layer only If you don't want the Next Marker either, click on the Use Next Marker and select None.&nbsp; As far as concentration goes and assuming you've disabled or removed Combat Tracker/Status Info, you'll need to turn concentration on, Add Marker = True, Auto Roll = True, Wound Bar (1 2 or 3) and save bonus based on sheet.&nbsp; &nbsp;For OGL it's constitution_save_bonus.&nbsp; Then you need to define a SPELL vs a CONDITION on the Condition Type and set Concentration = true.&nbsp; At that point, when that spell is cast, CM will detect the spell, assign concentration to the caster and enable you to select targets.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The spell name must match the condition name and type = spell for concentration to work
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Help will be broken for a bit.&nbsp; I'm in the process of upgrading it.&nbsp; Please be patient.&nbsp;&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I've been over it several times and am still unable to get the caster to receive the concentration marker automatically upon casting a concentration spell i have entered. I have attached settings shots below. What am I overlooking?

Edited 1595426672
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Set concentration on the concentration spell to false.&nbsp; Also reset the wound bar.&nbsp; It should be bar1 not Bar1.&nbsp; A bug I introduced and have now fixed.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1595426830
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And there are some spells I won't be able to auto set Concentration because the OGL sheet does even show it to be a spell.&nbsp; Bane is an example.&nbsp; Nowhere in that "spell" does the word spell exist or anything else that I can identify as a spell.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 2.21 can be found here.&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> Fixed - Help has been updated with recent changes - Numerous issues within help
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@keith, if needed, temp invite me to game, promote me to GM and I'll figure out what's not working
So I found a bit of a cheat with those types of spells but its a little out of the way to set up.&nbsp; For things such as Call Lightning I chose to output as a spell card and have the "attack" button as an api command button in the message for the spell. Truthfully, for that example at least, it works a bit better because it will only burn the spell slot once but allow you to attack every turn for a minute, as the spell is intended. Before every attack depleted a spell slot and it was annoyingggg. So, Call Lightning, Wall of Fire, etc. That is how I've chosen to handle it.&nbsp; The only issue I'm running into with that workaround is that the "Message" on a spell won't display if its auto applied once you cast it. If you manually apply the spell to a character the message and the button shows fine.&nbsp; When auto applied after cast; When manually applied; Not a fix for everyone. But works for me.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's working better. It's still asking me to select the caster every time the spell is cast, but it is applying the condition now.

Edited 1595437545
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It won't ask it if the spell exists and the spell comes from the sheet.&nbsp; It detects and assigns the concentration to the caster, then asks for the targets.&nbsp; That being said, I'm at the mercy of the OGL programmers.&nbsp; There are some spells that have NOTHING to say it's a spell separate from an melee/ranged attack.&nbsp; Honestly, I question that type of approach, but it is what it is. My only other option is to intercept every message from OGL and you would need to ignore every weapon, etc.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Will a updated version come to the script library? It seems to be stuck at 2.14.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, this next week if everything goes well&nbsp;
Yey!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Set override to off for Spells that don't require override and it will auto-assign to the caster.&nbsp;&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Victor B. said: Set override to off for Spells that don't require override and it will auto-assign to the caster.&nbsp;&nbsp; That did it! Thanks! Now to go catalog a million spells...
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, I have v2.22 now.&nbsp; Not published yet but will be by tonight.&nbsp; I'm not assigning in the default message when selecting spell targets.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
v2.22 can be found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> Fixed - default message wasn't being assigned when selecting targets of a spell.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@GKDM, you're trying to use Group Init for a reroll each round?&nbsp; I'm wondering if you should put that at beginning of round API, so each round it rerolls and sorts rather than setting CM roll initiative to each round.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: Set concentration on the concentration spell to false.&nbsp; Also reset the wound bar.&nbsp; It should be bar1 not Bar1.&nbsp; A bug I introduced and have now fixed.&nbsp;&nbsp; Just grabbed 2.22 and it still says Bar1, not bar1. I tried damaging a creature that had a concentration spell, with all the relevant settings at true in the Concentration menu, and nothing happened. Using your suggestions for Keith, I was able to get Concentration to auto-add to the token, which was great. Took a bit of figuring out, though, since you have to make sure everything is correct in three places: the Concentration menu, the Concentration "spell" condition, and then each spell that triggers Concentration. I am awaiting an update to the Help with bated breath. :)

Edited 1595522115
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It will.&nbsp; Unfortunately select bar1 again and it will fix.&nbsp; It's already set in your session state incorrectly.&nbsp; Help is already updated.&nbsp; Check it out.&nbsp; I probably could add a bit concerning a few features around concentration
Victor B. said: It will.&nbsp; Unfortunately select bar1 again and it will fix.&nbsp; It's already set in your session state incorrectly Ah! Thanks for that. Will check out later.
Victor B. said: It won't ask it if the spell exists and the spell comes from the sheet.&nbsp; It detects and assigns the concentration to the caster, then asks for the targets.&nbsp; That being said, I'm at the mercy of the OGL programmers.&nbsp; There are some spells that have NOTHING to say it's a spell separate from an melee/ranged attack.&nbsp; Honestly, I question that type of approach, but it is what it is. My only other option is to intercept every message from OGL and you would need to ignore every weapon, etc.&nbsp;&nbsp; This is why I do not like OGL.&nbsp; Inconsistency and very crude/ undirected in it's approach.

Edited 1595554014
Hey everyone.- Just wanted to share a method to temporarily modify bar values in cases where conditions modify certain things (in this case, speed, but it could be HP, AC, whatever). In my case, I have my bars set up for quick personal access of people's AC (unlinked), Speed (unlinked) and HP (linked) values --This is the original config for my token drop behaviour--. This requires previously having set up the Token-ID and Player-ID Substitution set up. In my case, I set up Token-ID as cmtokenidentifier and PlayerID as cmplayeridentifier . You also require the Token-Mod script. It's pretty easy: For whatever condition you want to "dinamically" modify certain bar's value, you first have to UNLINK the bar_link attribute of the corresponding bar, and then SET the bar value's to the desired value (this will be important later on). For instance, this is my setup for the ADD API CONDITION to modify the token's bar2 (speed) value to 0 when he's grappled: {{!token-mod {{--api-as cmplayeridentification}} {{--ids cmtokenidentification}} {{--set bar2_link| bar2_value|0}}}} As for the REMOVE API script, you want LINK the bar_link attribute to it's original value. This returns the value of the Token's bar value to the character's or NPC's natural speed attribute {{!token-mod {{--api-as cmplayeridentification}} {{--ids cmtokenidentification}} {{--set bar2_link|speed}}}} I haven't tried this with multiple tokens. However, as it breaks the link before changing any value, it should work with Token Duplicates and whatnot, effectively making it a temporary bar change for the token. This is the method for absolute changes. For relative changes, like Haste (which duplicates your speed), you can just duplicate in the 'add' part and then halve it in the 'remove' part, as normal. {{!token-mod {{--api-as cmplayeridentification}} {{--ids cmtokenidentification}} {{--set bar2_value|*2}}}} // {{!token-mod {{--api-as cmplayeridentification}} {{--ids cmtokenidentification}} {{--set bar2_value|/2}}}} I hope this was helpful to you all. I don't know if this was posted before, but I just wanted to make this contribution. ALSO, SINCE I'M ALREADY DOING A POST (/CAPS), this is the string for the ChatSetAttr's functions (requires Char-ID to be set up, I set it as cmcharidentification ) - This one's to set and unset inspiration through CM, in the Shaped5e Sheet: {{!setattr {{--charid cmcharidentifier}} {{--silent}} {{--inspiration|1}}}} {{!setattr {{--charid cmcharidentifier}} {{--silent}} {{--inspiration|0}}}} To make temporary attributes you'd have to invent your own 'attribute storage' field in the corresponding character's sheet, then write/read it back and forth when adding/removing. You're welcome!!
Hi.&nbsp; I have all my settings as you recommended to Keith.&nbsp; Using OGL sheet with the companion API.&nbsp;&nbsp; Problem: It is not auto-rolling my saving throws when I reduce bar1.

Edited 1595611076
Hello.&nbsp; I believe this would be outside of your current development agenda, but could it be possible have a custom option for the CM's initiative roller where you can reference the initiative formula (for instance, shaped 5e creates an attribute called initiative_formula which then one could add to the initiative_bonus attribute).&nbsp; This could be a replacement for the current (insert dice without the d) string...&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's not going to auto roll.&nbsp; It's going to send a message to chat saying the DC level of the concentration save

Edited 1595619261
Victor B. said: It's not going to auto roll.&nbsp; It's going to send a message to chat saying the DC level of the concentration save I'm not getting that based on the settings I have.&nbsp; Is there somewhere else that a setting might need to be changed?&nbsp; Maybe in Status?&nbsp; I have Use Messages set to false in that menu. Edit:&nbsp; And why ask for the saving throw modifier attribute in the settings if it doesn't roll it?
Some people don't want the agency of a Roll taken away from them. Plus there may be modifiers that are not added to the roll. Edit:&nbsp; And why ask for the saving throw modifier attribute in the settings if it doesn't roll it?

Edited 1595623548
I understand the rationale for not auto-rolling.&nbsp; That's fine.&nbsp; I'm questioning the rationale for asking for the modifier when that isn't a piece of information that would determine the DC of the save.&nbsp; Any info on why I may not be seeing the save DC in chat as intended based on the settings I provided? Kilter said: Some people don't want the agency of a Roll taken away from them. Plus there may be modifiers that are not added to the roll. Edit:&nbsp; And why ask for the saving throw modifier attribute in the settings if it doesn't roll it?
I just started trying this out for the first time today. Using 2.22. However, after two people went in this test combat, it kept going back to the top of the order, and then when I deleted players from the turn order, it stopped working. Exiting the game, I then saw this error message when I checked the scripts. Keep in mind that I'm new to scripts, really haven't used them much at all yet, so this is all new to me. This looks like a really awesome script, but I cannot seem to get it to work without some kind of error.&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fabulous Chef, probably be best if you invited me to game and then promoted me to GM after I'm in (temporary).&nbsp; I can take a look.&nbsp; Send me a PM with game invite

Edited 1595629796
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Herbie, it's a lot of work to save a single roll and problematic.&nbsp; Is the caster disadvantaged, advantage, have a temp modifier.&nbsp; All of this would have to be factored in just to save a single roll.&nbsp;&nbsp; As far as concentration not notifying when reducing bar1, you've cast a spell and the concentration icon is on your caster token?&nbsp; Just starting with the basics first.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Juan, it wouldn't be hard at all I think to add a formula box.&nbsp;&nbsp;
On the first point, yes I completely get that.&nbsp; My understanding now is that the script outputs the concentration save DC to the DM?&nbsp; If that's so, why ask for the constitution_save_bonus (or whatever the sheet sets as that attribute) of the token in the Constitution settings if it is not going to roll the check?&nbsp; I don't see where that information would be used in the output if it is just giving the DM the DC.&nbsp; The only information needed for the save DC is either 10 or half the damage (in 5e). The constitution_save_bonus attribute is used in the check (which is not being auto-rolled), not in determining the DC.&nbsp; Unless I'm misunderstanding something. On my specific issue, yes, I am not getting any output in chat for the DC.&nbsp; I've added the spell (in this case a Detect Magic spell) and it leads me to add the Concentration icon to the token.&nbsp; But when I reduce bar1 (which is the correct bar in my game for hit points) it is not giving me output in chat. Thanks Victor! Victor B. said: @Herbie, it's a lot of work to save a single roll and problematic.&nbsp; Is the caster disadvantaged, advantage, have a temp modifier.&nbsp; All of this would have to be factored in just to save a single roll.&nbsp;&nbsp; As far as concentration not notifying when reducing bar1, you've cast a spell and the concentration icon is on your caster token?&nbsp; Just starting with the basics first.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I tried the script in a different game, and I'm getting the save DC output now.&nbsp; Something must be off in that game. Thanks!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Were you on the player ribbon page?&nbsp; A mistake all of us have made (me just recently)