Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CombatMaster Alpha

@Obannon, what are you trying to do before the crash happens?
The crash comes at the start or end of combat. I can deal with the crashing as this API is mostly stable in my time with it. for some reason today the turn order marker will no longer spawn. That was my favorite feature, allowing both myself and my players to see active turn on the tokens.
Victor B. said: @Wolf, do you have a marker setup, the icon that highlights the active player? Yes, but I do not recall the original.  It was even doing this on the original though.
And you're testing on the same page as the player ribbon?
Victor B. said: @Wolf, that's a failure on the turnorder.  You do have one before starting combat with CM?  You're seeing tokens in the turnorder and those tokens are all linked to character sheets? Yes.  I have them set up to fire !cmaster --turn,start to roll initiative.  They are all linked to character sheets.
Persephone said: And you're testing on the same page as the player ribbon? yup
I got my game in 23 minutes.  As I said - I have no issues with CM in Shaped/ My Games.  But for his game where I am the Tech Guy and he uses OGL, whoppers of issues.  By all rights everything should work ... it just doesn't want to.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Invite me to game or a copy of game and promote me to GM and I'll take a look
Can confirm I'm also experiencing sudden non-function of the turn markers (red halo, green halo). They used to work ... now suddenly they don't. The settings are all kosher, so I don't know why they aren't showing.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You've dragged the player ribbon onto the page you are testing with?
Victor B. said: You've dragged the player ribbon onto the page you are testing with? *smacks forehead* I'm sure that's it. Will test tonight. Sorry!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Test Concentration script.  I won't commit until I hear otherwise.  

Edited 1586927504
Victor B. said: Test Concentration script.  I won't commit until I hear otherwise.   Okay I've done some testing and it seems to trigger the custom marker without issue.  I did as it said and restarted the library after setting the configuration to Bar 1 but damage taken to Bar 1 still isn't triggering a Con save for me.  Here is my config setup.  Just for my own satisfaction I added a little 'Removing Condition' API call to the Concentration condition so it pops up a little message in chat when someone stops concentrating. Here it is just in case anyone wants to duplicate... or if that's why my damage wont trigger for some reason. *Shrug* I have also noticed that the command no longer toggles concentrating back off if you use it on someone who is already concentrating. Aside from the auto removal function on a failed save of course, is there a command that can end concentration within the script or would it just be a marker removal situation with token mod or !cmaster or whatever else? I'm fine with manually removing the marker or using another api personally but I just want to make sure I'm not missing any functionality.   When discovering that the command no longer toggles I noticed that applying it multiple times on the same character causes a major multiplication situation. Edit: Thought of something, could the multiple markers be happening my concentration marker itself is named "Concentrating"? I just realized that could potentially cause issue.

Edited 1586954846
Yeah, the same issue is happening in my games now.  I had to disable CM and do everything the old fashioned way.  :-( Which means something occurred between my last game and last night's - between Saturday at 10pm EDT and Tuesday 6pm EDT. Could this be because of the UDL updates on the live servers? Victor B. said: Invite me to game or a copy of game and promote me to GM and I'll take a look Sent u a message Vic, inviting you to all 3 games I see affected.  For Night of the Wolves, you will have to get Lone to promote you to GM status.  I will be available later (approx 6-8 hours of sleep) to help u in any way I can, including promoting u to GM to do ur testing.  Also, Discord Id is DM (Wolf)#9461 if u wanna live chat when I get up, to get more one-on-one responses.
Victor B. said: @Hildy, if you are manually rolling init, then you need to sort the turnorder after everyone has rolled and you should see the highest init pop up first in turnorder.  If you are using either Group Init or Combat Master to roll init, make sure under initiative that your sort turnorder is set to true, otherwise, you need to manually sort the turnorder.   @Saul, no ability to have help in separate window.  Roll20 limitation.  Help files are out of date and need update.  If you are seeing Alpha there it's because I haven't updated.  That's lower on the list.  If you have questions, feel free to post here. There is a way to export.  Unless you are running an ancient version of statusinfo, export from Statusinfo and import into CM.  If it fails, then I can't help you.  You have to redo your conditions.  You're running too old of a version.  Export and Import are there because they primarily import conditions ONLY from prior version of Combat Tracker.  So they are related to status.  If you are exporting from CM to another game using CM, then it will import ALL other configurations.  However, with Combat Tracker, that's too out of sync in terms of session state for me to import, so it will only bring in the conditions and you have to manually configure everything else.  Exporting from Statusinfo is Robin's script.  I never touched Statusinfo.  I combined Statusinfo and CombatTracker and then upgraded to Combat Master to include calls to external APIs.  You don't actually need to save to PC.  Copy and paste into import.  Yes, your turnorder looks messed up somehow.  Please let me know exact steps for how you are generating the turnorder.  I don't support non-character linked tokens in the turnorder.  So that may be the issue, but I'll definitely put something in to trap the error.  Please provide steps.  I haven't seen many turnorder related errors, so you are doing something a little different than norm Sorry haven't responded sooner.  Other things came up.  Anyway, to respond to your points: 1.  You don't need to create a separate window.  It's browser windows I'm talking about.  You need to create a help file that appears on the same page where you load scripts into the system.  See TokenMod for an example.  I can then have one browser window on roll20 showing the map/chat view and one window on roll20 showing the script page with the help file.  I can put them side by side as needed. 2. I can't just export from Statusinfo and import into combatmaster because the import function you provide requires importing EVERYTHING, not just the statusinfo stuff.  What I'm saying is that a way to import JUST the statusinfo information, i.e. the conidtions, symbols, etc. would be extremely useful. A user shouldn't have to export all of combatmaster, all of the config info and everything else just to be able to change what symbols are used for what conditions or to add other conditions when adding more than one. 3. I haven't been using combat tracker or older versions of combatmaster.  I'm trying this out for the first time.  As a first time user trying to configure it, it's not easy.  But if I've been using other things like statusinfo that's related and overlaps.  Trying to configure combatmaster is extremely difficult because there's so much to configure, and there is no help for most of it.  If you want new people, who haven't been using combattracker to pick this up, you should to make it easier for them to do so.  4.  The turnorder problems occurred using 3 pc tokens and 1 non-pc token.  I entered them into turnorder by rolling their initiative, and then I sorted turnorder.  That generated the error.  I have been able to reproduce the error by: clearing the turnorder, clicking on an npc token, and rolling its initiative.  That seems to generate the error quoted in my previous post.  Just because I've been playing with other scripts, I placed a brand new token of a new monster I'd never used before, and clicked on its initiative and generated the same error.  As a test, to make sure it was combatmaster generating the error, I deleted it from my script library and tried again.  No errors.  So it was definitely combatmaster generating the error.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
!cmaster --help is what you use, which works just like token mod.  However, help files are still wildly out of date as I continue to add functionality I'm not sure I'm going to support statusinfo import by itself.  I'll add it to the list of possible enhancements, but statusinfo hasn't been updated on Roll20 repo in years.   Help is on the list until then, post here with questions.  Just click around for a bit.  A basic configuration is ready out of the gate for D&D 5e.  If you are running something else, then it does require a bit more work.   Non character linked tokens should be ignored if you are using combat master to roll initiative.  However, some people are manually adding non linked tokens into the turnorder and it will generate a failure.  It's something I'll need to catch.  Until I fix that, link your tokens.  
@Saul I would try installing Victor's last version of Combat Tracker, importing your Status Info config to that, then export the CT config and import it to Combat Master. I know it's a roundabout way of accomplishing it, but I think it might work, since CM supports CT import, and I'm pretty certain the last version of CT (the one merged with SI) supports SI import.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Devilish, I'll look into Concentration.  All I did with it is convert the marker logic to use libTokenMarker.  
@Victor, regarding the Help, once you get a chance to update them, Saul is talking about having the help included in the script's description in one-click, like many scripts do. That way he can have the API page open in another window and view the Help there.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That probably is never going to happen.  That requires updating the JSON script and doubling the amount of help files I have to update.  
Victor B. said: !cmaster --help is what you use, which works just like token mod.  However, help files are still wildly out of date as I continue to add functionality I'm not sure I'm going to support statusinfo import by itself.  I'll add it to the list of possible enhancements, but statusinfo hasn't been updated on Roll20 repo in years.   Help is on the list until then, post here with questions.  Just click around for a bit.  A basic configuration is ready out of the gate for D&D 5e.  If you are running something else, then it does require a bit more work.   Non character linked tokens should be ignored if you are using combat master to roll initiative.  However, some people are manually adding non linked tokens into the turnorder and it will generate a failure.  It's something I'll need to catch.  Until I fix that, link your tokens.   No, "!cmaster --help" just puts the info into the chat window.  That's extremely difficult to use, especially when trying to configure combat master.  I'm talking about having the help in on the same page as where you load scripts into the script library.  TokenMod does this as do many other scripts. The tokens ARE linked.  I just used a creature from the monster manual compendium.  Rolling its initiative from its character sheet, caused the error.  All of those tokens are pre-linked.  Statusinfo may not have been updated for many years but I, and probably many others, already use it, and already have assigned various symbols to various conditions.  Combatmaster should either take that information as input, or not try to re-do it, IMO.  Trying to configure many conditions as it's currently implemented in combatmaster is slow, painful, and, frankly, a HUGE turn-off to using combatmaster at all.  If you want people to use it, you should make it simple and easy for them.  We can continue this is private if you like.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No combat master shouldn't do anything.  I don't get paid for this.  I offer it and if you don't like it or are finding it too hard to use, don't use it.  
One possible work around until victor gets a chance to catch mooks from crashing the CM, is 1.  Create a blank charactersheet name it mook. 2. when you drop a mook simply link it that sheet called mook. Manually add the turn and sort. Might be clunky but that way should avoid any CM errors. 

Edited 1586964577
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
@Saul, One thing I do for help that is available in-chat but not on the page is to call up the chat help, copy and paste it into a handout. If you bookmark the url for the handout from the external journal page, it's available everywhere, even if you are not logged into a game. I do this for token mod, since the api page help is not as tailored as the in-game help, which actually displays the codes for installed custom Token Markers, for example.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thank you Victor, for the dozens if not hundreds of hours you've poured into this.
Saul J. said: -snip This, right here, is why we can't have fine things.  keithcurtis said: Thank you Victor, for the dozens if not hundreds of hours you've poured into this. +1
Yes, Victor, thank you for the countless hours and work you've put into making Combat Master what it is. This is a jewel of a script and a big part of my Roll20 experience.
Victor B. said: Thanks Devilish, I'll look into Concentration.  All I did with it is convert the marker logic to use libTokenMarker.   No prob! Thanks so much for looking at it at all. Just being able to trigger the custom marker now is so awesome! <3 You!!

Edited 1586992337
@Victor You've been GM'd in Gone Astray - sorry - I wasn't awake when you got in. I'd also like to thank you for the countless hours and painstaking work you've put into CM.  To me, this API is becoming as crucial to have as Token-Mod and ChatSetAttr, and I'm glad for it; especially knowing how difficult it is.  I can only program macros, I do not know how to work the programming language you and TheAaron and others use, or I would gladly help in any way I can.  If you have a Patreon, may I suggest putting it out there to offset the frustration working with the demanding public can sometimes be?  You honestly should be getting something for the amount of work you're putting into this.

Edited 1586995449
Saul J. said: Victor B. said: !cmaster --help is what you use, which works just like token mod.  However, help files are still wildly out of date as I continue to add functionality I'm not sure I'm going to support statusinfo import by itself.  I'll add it to the list of possible enhancements, but statusinfo hasn't been updated on Roll20 repo in years.   Help is on the list until then, post here with questions.  Just click around for a bit.  A basic configuration is ready out of the gate for D&D 5e.  If you are running something else, then it does require a bit more work.   Non character linked tokens should be ignored if you are using combat master to roll initiative.  However, some people are manually adding non linked tokens into the turnorder and it will generate a failure.  It's something I'll need to catch.  Until I fix that, link your tokens.   No, "!cmaster --help" just puts the info into the chat window.  That's extremely difficult to use, especially when trying to configure combat master.  I'm talking about having the help in on the same page as where you load scripts into the script library.  TokenMod does this as do many other scripts. The tokens ARE linked.  I just used a creature from the monster manual compendium.  Rolling its initiative from its character sheet, caused the error.  All of those tokens are pre-linked.  Statusinfo may not have been updated for many years but I, and probably many others, already use it, and already have assigned various symbols to various conditions.  Combatmaster should either take that information as input, or not try to re-do it, IMO.  Trying to configure many conditions as it's currently implemented in combatmaster is slow, painful, and, frankly, a HUGE turn-off to using combatmaster at all.  If you want people to use it, you should make it simple and easy for them.  We can continue this is private if you like. I haven't the words for how thoughtless, insensitive, inconsiderate, and downright rude this is.   If you want people to use it, you should make it simple and easy for them. @Saul If this is the way you want the program, please write it that way.  You're getting something for free and complaining about how the author chooses to do it.  It is in it's alpha stages and has taken weeks of work, over a month at least, and has improved every day from just an idea.  The author is willing to work with everyone's suggestions - to his credit.  Please recognize that he isn't getting paid for this, it's his hobby that he is sharing with everyone else.  Kudos should be given, not criticisms and outright rudeness.  I think you owe the author an apology, and future consideration on the difference between suggestion and demand.  To break down your comment: If you want people to use it - He doesn't want that, he's giving people that option.  He's not holding every Roll20 user at gunpoint demanding they install his script and like it.  He could just as easily have written it for himself and left it in his computer - never shared.  The fact that he has shared it is a gift to the community.  Your commentary would make anyone pull their gift back, which I'm glad Victor hasn't.  People are using it - I use it in all 3 games I am in on Roll20, and will use it in any future games I am a part of.  It's fine however Victor wants it to be, provided it works, and that's as good as we can hope for. you should make it simple and easy for them - he should?  Have you set about ChatSetAttr, Powercards, Roll20AM, and Token-Mod?  These are what I refer to as power-scripts.  They AREN'T easy to use, but once you place a bit of thought into them, they open huge worlds of possibility.  The average layman off the street, having no experience with any level of computer programming, would have no idea how to find and adjust attributes with the API, even with the help menus provided.  They would first, with great detail, have to be explained what an attribute even is, let alone how to find it (Jacob and TheAaron were very patient with me when I first started in Roll20.  VERY PATIENT.  Again, Kudos to them, they never HAD to be).  Victor has been doing incredible amounts of work to make a functional API, capable of so much to aid in combat flow.  And for him, if I may be so bold, I'd say "Sorry, not sorry." in regards to your demands - he's already got enough suggestions on how to improve the script itself keeping him busier than he's got compensation for. And that was just one sentence that upset me, the whole of it sounded the same though.  I have spoken all I wish to say on this.
Ravenknight said: Saul J. said: -snip This, right here, is why we can't have fine things. +10
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alright @Wolf, I found the problem.  I'm going to need your help to fully debug this.  You're running group-init out of CM and it's not working.  Then there's a downstream error causing CM to fail because it's expecting a turnorder and there isn't one.   So 1) Please run group-init outside of CM and verify it's working.  Disable CM while you are doing this 2) Show me the command you are running to launch group init.  Or rather, how you have group init configured.  

Edited 1587016897
Victor B. said: Alright @Wolf, I found the problem.&nbsp; I'm going to need your help to fully debug this.&nbsp; You're running group-init out of CM and it's not working.&nbsp; Then there's a downstream error causing CM to fail because it's expecting a turnorder and there isn't one.&nbsp;&nbsp; So 1) Please run group-init outside of CM and verify it's working.&nbsp; Disable CM while you are doing this 2) Show me the command you are running to launch group init.&nbsp; Or rather, how you have group init configured.&nbsp;&nbsp; #1 I did before, it is working w CM disabled. #2 might have to wait till I get home, unless I can copy it from the place I got it from, which, I think, was the roll20 wiki.&nbsp; I mean, when I had it set up for everyone before, I had them just run !group-init ... before I got CM.&nbsp; Is it possible that remnants of Turnmarker (TheAaron's) are still present and causing the issue?&nbsp; I used that before CM to sort and announce turns and rounds.&nbsp; Then I saw what you were doing with timers and status markers and decided that's the way I wanted to go. Found the link for configuring to specific sheets that I used:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:Group_Initiative" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:Group_Initiative</a>
Group Init should be part of one click install and is the most stable that I know of.

Edited 1587045851
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Wolf, what I can say is group init isn't doing what it should.&nbsp; It's a config issue in your game.&nbsp; It should be generating a full turnorder.&nbsp; I'm in your game, so I'll see how you have this configured.&nbsp; I disabled the one click and put code in, so I'll make a change to prevent the CM failure.&nbsp; Next step is to find out why it's not generating a populated turnorder. That issue is either in CM and the way it's calling group init, or within group init

Edited 1587049733
Victor B. said: @Wolf, what I can say is group init isn't doing what it should.&nbsp; It's a config issue in your game.&nbsp; It should be generating a full turnorder.&nbsp; I'm in your game, so I'll see how you have this configured.&nbsp; I disabled the one click and put code in, so I'll make a change to prevent the CM failure.&nbsp; Next step is to find out why it's not generating a populated turnorder. That issue is either in CM and the way it's calling group init, or within group init Ok - loading in now.&nbsp; I have my discord available to you for voice if needed Must have missed u.&nbsp; Will wait a couple hours ... see if ur back ... Gave TheAaron a DM w invite to the campaign to see if he could collaborate on this one, since Group-Init is his baby.

Edited 1587055197
Sorry fellaz - I gotta head to bed.&nbsp; It's past noon and I work 3rd shift.&nbsp; I can try to be up early tonight, but, being sick lately with a chest cold, it's rough.&nbsp; So I make no promises. If I'm not up, @Victor and @TheAaron; tysvm for all your patience and assistance.&nbsp; I hope we can get it working, as I love watching this script grow to great potential, and am using it in all games I associate with.&nbsp; It is exemplary work, and I wish I could do something kind in return, but I know nothing of the script used. I'm only sorry that (even though I did like the look of the turn announcements a bit better, but that's just personal choice that means nothing in the by-the-by) it has replaced Turnmarker1 for me bc of the timer and status marker features. @TheAaron - just supported ur Patreon after all this time - sorry it took so long.&nbsp; @Victor - will support yours also, soon as it's there to do so.&nbsp; You deserve something for this - I truly believe so - even if you're too humble to admit it .... I can't afford much, but I'm sure my fellow community members will feel the same.&nbsp; It adds up.&nbsp; This is a big community.&nbsp; And .... augh ... getting bigger by the day!!!&nbsp; I thank all the new members coming in from Tabletops for my lag 'situation', but I understand ... grumble, grumble ...
I'm trying to apply a token-mod api call when adding a condition. In this case, I am trying to change the light modifier on the targeted token to 0 when applying the blind condition. I've entered the following for API under the adding condition heading: {{!token-mod {{--ids tokenid}} {{--set light_multiplier|0}}}} However, when I apply the condition to a token, it doesn't seem to run the API - there is no change to the token's light modifier. I have tested the token-mod call from the chat directly and it works fine, so I think I must be entering something incorrectly. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited 1587060109
Travis said: I'm trying to apply a token-mod api call when adding a condition. In this case, I am trying to change the light modifier on the targeted token to 0 when applying the blind condition. I've entered the following for API under the adding condition heading: {{!token-mod {{--ids tokenid}} {{--set light_multiplier|0}}}} However, when I apply the condition to a token, it doesn't seem to run the API - there is no change to the token's light modifier. I have tested the token-mod call from the chat directly and it works fine, so I think I must be entering something incorrectly. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Interesting way of doing it, but I personally either --set light_hassight|false .... OR ..... light_radius|1 light_dimradius|1 (or both 0s, the above and 0s blocks the player's ability to see the token, but its a lot of fun as a DM watching when they bump into things.&nbsp; Make sure your Restricted movement is set on the map though.) On the other side - make sure your light setting on the map isn't set to the new UDP.&nbsp; Those changes won't make any difference if that is the case.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you have the tokenid substitution string?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
APIs &amp; Macros under the setup
@Travis you need to add this, substituting whatever string you set up to represent player id: --api-as playerid

Edited 1587062947
Also @Victor not sure what all I missed yesterday but your work on this is immensely appreciated!
Thank you all for the quick response. I must apologize, because I still don't understand. I've tried looking through this thread, but 16 pages is a lot, and there just isn't a very good search function. Below is a snip of the substitutions I have set. Persephone, would you please elaborate where I am to add that string? I wasn't able to work it out. Thank you in advance.
Click Add Substitution, it should give you a drop-down to choose what you are substituting. Player ID should be an option, if you have the latest version installed. Select that and set it to whatever you like.
This is what I get - I am running the one-click version.
Latest version here Victor B. said: Version 2.09 found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> .
Thank you, I appreciate the help. I am now running the most current version.&nbsp; Obviously, this is a user training issue, as I am still unable to hash it out. Rather than waste your time, is there a tutorial post, or a full example I can go look at?&nbsp;
There isn't yet, but here's how the command should look when you paste it in: {{!token-mod {{--api-as yourplayeridstringhere}} {{--ids tokenid}} {{--set light_multiplier|0}}}}