Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CombatMaster Alpha

@Victor, I'm stil getting those first two bugs in v2.05. Unless you mean you just fixed them? By adding an observer to TokenMod, does that mean a change to the script, or an additional parameter in the command?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I haven't posted fixes yet.   You are using token mod to assign an icon to a token right?  You're expecting CM to come into play and assign the condition?  
Gotcha, and yes that's correct
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've got something to make that happen.  I'll post fixes tomorrow
Victor B. said: Jay R, if you've disabled ALL scripts and the problem persists, please let me know.  That's a strange output error message from what I'm used to seeing, but I'll go take a look Victor, no, I think the problem was Hit Dice Helper. Since disabling that script I have not run into that error message. Actually a big relief to me. Didn't want to have to keep Combat Master disabled -- I rely on it!
@Victor, you are awesome! I'm so excited you were able to fix that!
Macros and API works wonderfully since last update. The only thing I can find as of now is the dual conditions applied by the radial menu described by Persephone above. But it sounds like that is already being taken care of. 
Hey all - I've run into an issue with Combat Master not adding the default red/green circular turn order markers to the currently active/next active tokens.  When I initially installed this script late last week everything worked, but in the intervening time, it has stopped working.  I've tried disabling all other scripts I'm using, but still no dice.  I've confirmed I have this option selected in the menu and have tried toggling it as well.  Any insight?  I have no coding experience, so it makes it difficult for me to try to troubleshoot on my own.  Really great script regardless, and I appreciate the work that's been put into it.
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
Adam T. said: Hey all - I've run into an issue with Combat Master not adding the default red/green circular turn order markers to the currently active/next active tokens.  When I initially installed this script late last week everything worked, but in the intervening time, it has stopped working.  I've tried disabling all other scripts I'm using, but still no dice.  I've confirmed I have this option selected in the menu and have tried toggling it as well.  Any insight?  I have no coding experience, so it makes it difficult for me to try to troubleshoot on my own.  Really great script regardless, and I appreciate the work that's been put into it. Check if the player ribbon is on the right page, it works only on the active map.
Allow auto trigger of adding/removing one condition when another is added/removed  (i.e. a condition that includes/overrides/becomes another condition) — The Devilish DM - Not going to happen Just now catching up on a few days of notes here but just to clarify I wasn't exactly looking for script functionality as much as a way to format an API call. My current workaround is a !token-mod command which doesnt technically trigger the !cmaster condition, just applies the icon, but for the most part that does the trick. Plus I can always add the other condition description within the parent conditions if need be. Just if anyone comes up with a clean API call for it lemme know.

Edited 1586289438
I love this API!  It's incredibly helpful in so many ways. I'm really hoping to be able to combine all the work of showing, tracking, and calculating status conditions through the token markers, but I have no idea how to do it.  It seems like it's possible based on other comments in the thread, but I'm clueless where to even start. I've set up custom status markers to represent conditions, and can apply them to tokens for whatever duration I need.  My goal is to be able to add a condition/buff either directly to a token from the radial menu or through the CombatMaster API chat menu, and to simultaneously apply the associated condition(s) or buff(s) to the character sheet that the token represents.  Then have the condition/buff removed from the sheet when the buff/condition falls off the token from the duration expiring or by being manually removed using the radial menu again. Is there a way to set this up using CombatMaster?  If there is, does anyone have an example of how to set a condition/buff up this way, and I could fiddle away from there? For reference, I'm using the Pathfinder Community Sheet, which has "conditions" built in, and "buffs" which have to created on the sheet. Even if this isn't possible, the API is still amazing!
Its a real shame that Hit Dice Helper isn't compatible with Combat Master, and I am not asking for that compatibility at all, it's something that should have worked with 5e OGL Companion Script, not a combat script lol. Would it be possible to add a note or a warning of the consistent incompatibility between that script and yours? Just so that people who aren't too privvy to coding or whatnot could more easily find an answer without having to come to the forums? I'd ask Kevin (the mod author), but he told me he has very little interest in Roll20 atm.  Possible errors I see involving the two scripts so far are: Mine (solved by deleting the script, not just disabling it):  TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined Jay's (solved? by disabling the script):  TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined These crashes persist even with other people's revisions of his script, which itself was an expansion of one of Roll20 Wiki's examples of an API Script. It's probably something wrong as far back as then but the relic has made it's way up here. 
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 2.06 found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> .&nbsp;&nbsp; Fixed - Double icons added when using the radial menu to add an icon - Fixes related to add hoc conditions - Remove condition from the announce player box was failing due to the new token condition logic New Functionality - Token Mod Observer added which will detected an icon added to token via Token Mod and determine if that icon is defined to CM and add the related condition to CM Not Fixed: - beginning of combat/end of combat API calls (new functionality) - hold combat (new functionality) - other scripts (concentration, etc) - replace Roll Query Token Condition Name entry with a drop down containing all Token Conditions in game - update help
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@GKDM - there's way too many APIs.&nbsp; Too many different coding styles within those APIs to know if a script is compatible or not.&nbsp; Unfortunately the only real way to know is to do what you've done and find out if something fails @Devilish - There's now an observer on Token Mod so that CM will add the condition if you use token mod to assign an icon that's defined to CM
Makin said: I love this API!&nbsp; It's incredibly helpful in so many ways. I'm really hoping to be able to combine all the work of showing, tracking, and calculating status conditions through the token markers, but I have no idea how to do it.&nbsp; It seems like it's possible based on other comments in the thread, but I'm clueless where to even start. I've set up custom status markers to represent conditions, and can apply them to tokens for whatever duration I need.&nbsp; My goal is to be able to add a condition/buff either directly to a token from the radial menu or through the CombatMaster API chat menu, and to simultaneously apply the associated condition(s) or buff(s) to the character sheet that the token represents.&nbsp; Then have the condition/buff removed from the sheet when the buff/condition falls off the token from the duration expiring or by being manually removed using the radial menu again. Is there a way to set this up using CombatMaster?&nbsp; If there is, does anyone have an example of how to set a condition/buff up this way, and I could fiddle away from there? For reference, I'm using the Pathfinder Community Sheet, which has "conditions" built in, and "buffs" which have to created on the sheet. Even if this isn't possible, the API is still amazing! You'd need the script ChatSetAttr for this, and you can set up each condition to run an API command for that script when it's added or removed. You'd need also need to know the name of the condition attribute on the sheet, or the repeating ID or row number of the custom buff. Next you'll need to set up a substitution for character ID in CombatMaster, in the Macro &amp; API setup. It needs to be a string that won't be used anywhere else; for example, I use charidentifier . Then go to a specific condition in CombatMaster. For the API parameter under Adding, you'll enter a command like this to activate the condition in the sheet, replacing the bold parts with whatever applies to your settings/sheet: {{!setattr {{--charid IDsubstitution }} {{-- condition_toggle_attrbute |1}}}} Normally, the command wouldn't have the brackets, but they're necessary when adding the command to CombatMaster. For the API parameter under Removing in that same condition, you'll enter the same command, but replace the 1 with a 0.
Thanks for the updates, Victor! I'll test it out soon
Hey Everyone Everything is working great with Combat Master, except ... the timer shows up under the token even though I have that setting marked false, and it shows up multiple times on top of each other Any help to remedying this would be greatly appreciated! Seems to show up as soon as it is the NPC's turn as an fyi
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So you want the timer but not the time on the token?&nbsp;&nbsp;
That's how I have mine set up, so the timer is announced in chat but isn't shown on the token. I don't have that issue now, but I remember having it when I was using the original CombatTracker. Just remembered, I had to completely reset and reinstall the script, but I've had it disabled ever since with no issue. I assumed it had been fixed.
@Around the Fire, the font size should say 16, not 0. Maybe that's messing it up?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 2.07 found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> .&nbsp;&nbsp; Fixed - Timer Issue New Functionality - Token Mod Observer added which will detected an icon added to token via Token Mod and determine if that icon is defined to CM and add the related condition to CM Not Fixed: - beginning of combat/end of combat API calls (new functionality) - hold combat (new functionality) - other scripts (concentration, etc) - replace Roll Query Token Condition Name entry with a drop down containing all Token Conditions in game - update help
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And TheAaron helped me figure out Github, so these changes will be posted to Roll20 Repo next week
Victor B. said: @Devilish - There's now an observer on Token Mod so that CM will add the condition if you use token mod to assign an icon that's defined to CM :D just tried it and it works great! YUSSS!&nbsp;
I'm uncertain if I'm failing to understand or maybe somehow configured something oddly. It seems, to me, that whoever rolls initiative first is being assumed to be the first actor in the round. If someone rolls higher, they are juggled to the next round (causing the "next player up" spam seen in the picture), as if they had already gone in the first round. In the photo, Tórben rolled first with a 12 and then Marek rolled a 10 and everything was still behaving as expected, but then Colman rolled a 21 which caused CombatMaster to activate (the turn marker showed up) and Colman was placed in round 2. I've tried this with Sort Turnorder both on and off (with no noticeable difference) in both the OneClick install and 2.07 from git.
Hi Hildy, how do you roll your initiatives? It looks like you use the sheet and not Combatmaster or Group Initiative.
Victor B. said: New Functionality - Token Mod Observer added which will detected an icon added to token via Token Mod and determine if that icon is defined to CM and add the related condition to CM That's excellent!
Ravenknight said: Hi Hildy, how do you roll your initiatives? Correct, those are sheet rolls (or macros using the sheet's rolls). I've tried Group Initiative, now, and it seems to work the same way if I roll in a second group or character via !group-init. It isn't an issue if I roll everyone's initiative at once, and I don't mind the behavior if creatures join in mid-fight. When I'm starting combat, however, I prefer to have players individually roll their characters' initiative and that's where this is an issue*. *It's only really an issue in the first round (because it implies people have already acted and floods the chat with announcements). It sorts itself out after that, with round 2 starting with the highest roller.
I'm relatively new to Roll20 (but not new to programming) and I'm having a tough time with this script.&nbsp; Some of the issues: &nbsp; &nbsp;- Having the instruction print in the chat window only, and not being available separately (like on the page where you load the scripts like most scripts have) is a big turnoff to me.&nbsp; I like to be able to have the instructions on one side of the screen and the config menu on the other, so I can go line by line looking at things and finding the instructions for that particular field.&nbsp; Having a separate help page would be extremely useful, as would have some examples. &nbsp; &nbsp;-&nbsp; When I start to config cm, a menu appears listing all the conditions.. at the top of that menu, in tiny letters, it says "1.8 alpha".&nbsp; But in the API library it says it is version 2.0.&nbsp; This is confusing. &nbsp; Is this an alpha version or a full release? &nbsp; What version is it?&nbsp; Or is the text in the menu wrong? &nbsp; &nbsp;- S omewhere in all of the help info, I though I saw something that said that you merged statusinfo into your script.&nbsp; I'm already using statusinfo and already have icons selected for all the conditions I use.&nbsp; There should be a way to import the information from statusinfo into combat master.&nbsp; I spent a lot of time configuring statusinfo, and having to do it all again is a PITA.&nbsp; It'd be simpler if I could just export from statusinfo into combat master.&nbsp; If there's a way to do that already, it's not obvious. &nbsp; &nbsp;-&nbsp; &nbsp; Why are the “Import” and “Export” commands under the “Status” heading for status information? &nbsp; If this heading is just for the status conditions, that answers the above comment about being able to import from statusinfo. &nbsp; If the import/export is for all of combat master, which it looks like it is, shouldn't they be part of a “main menu” and not part of “Status setup”? &nbsp; &nbsp;- When I click on " Export" the text says: ” Copy the entire content above and save it on your PC.” &nbsp; Actually, the content that should be saved is BELOW. &nbsp; &nbsp;-&nbsp; Ok, so it says in the help file “ NOTE: If you choose to not roll intiative from combat tracker, the turn order will need to be set before starting Combat Master. ” &nbsp; So, how do I start CombatMaster? &nbsp; I tried: “!cm”, “!cmaster”, “!cmaster —start” but none of them seemed to do anything. &nbsp; &nbsp;- I keep getting the following error: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;" For reference, the error message generated was:&nbsp; SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input &nbsp; &nbsp; at JSON.parse (&lt;anonymous&gt;) &nbsp; &nbsp; at handleTurnOrderChange (apiscript.js:6294:14) &nbsp; &nbsp; at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16) &nbsp; &nbsp; at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8) &nbsp; &nbsp; at TrackedObj.set (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1034:14) &nbsp; &nbsp; at updateLocalCache (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1332:18) &nbsp; &nbsp; at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1622:7 &nbsp; &nbsp; at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 &nbsp; &nbsp; at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) &nbsp; &nbsp; at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) &nbsp;" &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;F rom some testing, it looks like rolling initiative manually and ordering the turns in Turn Order (since I do not want Combat master to roll initiative for the players or the npcs) might be causing the above error(s). Thx.

Edited 1586383963
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Hildy, if you are manually rolling init, then you need to sort the turnorder after everyone has rolled and you should see the highest init pop up first in turnorder.&nbsp; If you are using either Group Init or Combat Master to roll init, make sure under initiative that your sort turnorder is set to true, otherwise, you need to manually sort the turnorder.&nbsp;&nbsp; @Saul, no ability to have help in separate window.&nbsp; Roll20 limitation.&nbsp; Help files are out of date and need update.&nbsp; If you are seeing Alpha there it's because I haven't updated.&nbsp; That's lower on the list.&nbsp; If you have questions, feel free to post here. There is a way to export.&nbsp; Unless you are running an ancient version of statusinfo, export from Statusinfo and import into CM.&nbsp; If it fails, then I can't help you.&nbsp; You have to redo your conditions.&nbsp; You're running too old of a version.&nbsp; Export and Import are there because they primarily import conditions ONLY from prior version of Combat Tracker.&nbsp; So they are related to status.&nbsp; If you are exporting from CM to another game using CM, then it will import ALL other configurations.&nbsp; However, with Combat Tracker, that's too out of sync in terms of session state for me to import, so it will only bring in the conditions and you have to manually configure everything else.&nbsp; Exporting from Statusinfo is Robin's script.&nbsp; I never touched Statusinfo.&nbsp; I combined Statusinfo and CombatTracker and then upgraded to Combat Master to include calls to external APIs.&nbsp; You don't actually need to save to PC.&nbsp; Copy and paste into import.&nbsp; Yes, your turnorder looks messed up somehow.&nbsp; Please let me know exact steps for how you are generating the turnorder.&nbsp; I don't support non-character linked tokens in the turnorder.&nbsp; So that may be the issue, but I'll definitely put something in to trap the error.&nbsp; Please provide steps.&nbsp; I haven't seen many turnorder related errors, so you are doing something a little different than norm
Seems like whenever I apply a condition outside of combat it opens the turn order, is there a way around this.

Edited 1586384378
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Anthony, I just added a condition out of combat and turnorder isn't popping up for me at all.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: @Hildy, if you are manually rolling init, then you need to sort the turnorder after everyone has rolled... I kind of figured that was the fix. I was hoping maybe there was a way to have the script start paused and not start processing the turn (using the initiative that have been rolled) until I hit a button or something. I can certainly sort it myself and turn off turn announcements to avoid the flurry in chat. I really like the turn announcements, though, so I'll have to consider my position on rolling initiative for players. I avoid it because, when I first started using VTTs, I had players complain that automation or having me make rolls for them made it feel more like they were just watching the game than playing it. Since then, I've avoided "robbing" players of their freedom to make their own rolls.
Victor B. said: @Anthony, I just added a condition out of combat and turnorder isn't popping up for me at all.&nbsp;&nbsp; Odd :/ Roll20 has been really odd today.
Anthony V. said: Odd :/ Roll20 has been really odd today. Agreed. I've spent most of the day pimping out my game via API scripts and I've hit several incidents where a thing works, then does not work, and then later in the day works again without me having changed anything.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is a sort button within Combat Master.&nbsp; After you start combat, it's the circular arrow icon (towards the right).&nbsp; You can also open the turnorder and sort.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Remember if you have VVT Enhancement there is have a setting that can make the turn tracker open when it thinks there is a combat action like adding something from combat master.&nbsp;
Victor B. said: There is a sort button within Combat Master.&nbsp; After you start combat, it's the circular arrow icon (towards the right).&nbsp; You can also open the turnorder and sort.&nbsp;&nbsp; What is interesting to me about that, is that part of what I'm trying to avoid is the spamming of turn announcements and the sort button in Combat Master does not trigger an announcement for the high roller after sorting them to the top. So it runs like this: Colman rolls an 8. Marek rolls a 12. I get a turn announcement for Marek, followed immediately by a turn announcement for Colman. In the Turn Order window I see Colman (8), Round 1 (-1), then Marek (12) so it appears Marek has already gone. If I manually move Marek to the top, I get a turn announcement for him. But if I use the sort button on Combat Master, Marek gets moved to the top and Colman's turn announcement is still the last one to appear in chat. This is, admittedly, a minor thing that I'm obsessing over but I thought I'd report it in case it's worth addressing. The script is awesome and your continuation of this valuable toolset for the community is absolutely appreciated.

Edited 1586387117
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I do see the issue.&nbsp; If you aren't rolling init and you do a sort via CM or manual, the turn marker isn't refreshing to the new top.&nbsp; I'll fix it
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 2.08 found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> .&nbsp;&nbsp; Fixed - Sorting not refreshing the marker New Functionality - Token Mod Observer added which will detected an icon added to token via Token Mod and determine if that icon is defined to CM and add the related condition to CM Not Fixed: - beginning of combat/end of combat API calls (new functionality) - hold combat (new functionality) - other scripts (concentration, etc) - replace Roll Query Token Condition Name entry with a drop down containing all Token Conditions in game - update help
@Saul you might be able to export your Status Info config, install the Combat Tracker / Status Into combo script and import it to that, then export the config from that version of Combat Tracker and import it to Combat Master. Round about way, I know, but I figure it could work.

Edited 1586407811
New, minor bug I noticed. A condition with a persistent macro doesn't run the macro each round when it has an active duration (like Duration 3, Direction -1), but it will run the macro each round when I set the condition to permanent. The macro runs when the condition is first added, in either case. Haven't tested this since v2.04, but I'm certain it was working then.
@Hildy when you roll initiative, make sure ur doing it WITH Combat Master, or all this is relatively moot.&nbsp; The API has to see what your doing, and the best way to do it is to use the API itself. In other words, set up Combat Master how you wish, using their inititiative or group-init (I prefer group-init, personally).&nbsp; Make sure you have the options setup for whichever one you choose.&nbsp; Group-Init, for example, must be setup to use 5e initiative - it doesn't default that way. Then, make sure all players and npcs are using a macro to roll their initiative - not the character sheet.&nbsp; This should be the macro: !cmaster --turn,start That way, all settings and API calls are going to take precedence. The easiest way to do this is to make a global macro in the collections tab, calling the new macro "Init". The action should be as above. "Show as Token Action?" should be checked Visible to Players should be set to ALL PLAYERS. Now you should see a button called "Init" in the top of the screen when any token is selected.&nbsp; Pressing that rolls the selected token in. As long as you're going this route, I might also suggest another button to put in that makes things simpler for everyone: Make another global macro in the collections tab, calling the new macro "End-Turn". The action should be as below. !cmaster --turn,next "Show as Token Action?" should be checked Visible to Players should be set to ALL PLAYERS. This button does as says - helps end each turn. Lastly, one for you as DM: Ending combat: Make a global macro in the collections tab, calling the new macro "End-Combat". The action should be as below. !cmaster --turn,stop "Show as Token Action?" should be not be checked Check the "In Bar" behind the Macro, and make sure "Show macro quick bar?" is checked. You could do another for "Pause-Timer" using this action: !cmaster --turn,timer=pause Hope this helps!
@Vic - I noticed that when you move the page (player ribbon) to another page, and back again, it really messes with CM.&nbsp; For example, if my session needs to end before combat is concluded, I will often switch them to the Welcome Page for the week, until the beginning of next session, leaving the combat tracker on the entire time to save turnorder.&nbsp; I will pause combat at the end of session, hoping to turn it on the following week.&nbsp; This is what occurs: The countdown timer becomes an inert object and remains on the last token, needing to be deleted. Unpause does not function after returning the player ribbon to the combat page To restore combat, I often have to go to the previous turn order, then back to the current to get the timer going again Is there a way to break up combat between separate sessions without this occurring?&nbsp; While still being able to move the Player ribbon?&nbsp; Or is moving the player ribbon a big no no when using CM?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That will come with hold combat functionality.&nbsp; Much of CM is driven on the active page, so unfortunately, if you switch around between pages that will mess up CM.&nbsp; Plan is to add logic that puts the combat on hold, stores off the turnorder, timer, etc, and then when you restart, resets everything, so it will be possible to hold combat on one page and then restart it on another.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 2.09 found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> .&nbsp;&nbsp; Fixed - Persistent Macros not working New Functionality - Token Mod Observer added which will detected an icon added to token via Token Mod and determine if that icon is defined to CM and add the related condition to CM Not Fixed: - beginning of combat/end of combat API calls (new functionality) - hold combat (new functionality) - other scripts (concentration, etc) - replace Roll Query Token Condition Name entry with a drop down containing all Token Conditions in game - update help
@Victor, thanks for the quick fix on that!
Wolf Thunderspirit said: @Hildy when you roll initiative, make sure ur doing it WITH Combat Master, or all this is relatively moot.&nbsp; The API has to see what your doing, and the best way to do it is to use the API itself. Thanks for the explanation. My issue is more about aesthetic than function, I think. I have a workaround. Rolling initiative directly through Group Initiative does not currently trigger Combat Master's marker or turn announcement. So long as that remains true, I can just give my players !group-init macros and then, after everyone has rolled, run !cmaster --turn,sort . Yes, Group Initiative has already sorted the order, but running that causes Combat Master to trigger the marker and announce the first character's turn. That is, in essence, what I want: manual control over the first triggering of the marker/announcement in round 1. For now, I have it (though, I suspect by way of a bug).
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
LOL, that may not last long.&nbsp; I was going to put an observer on group init so if that's rolled, CM auto gets involved.&nbsp; But that also assumes group init is rolling for a group.&nbsp; I guess I can an control in the group init config section to tell CM whether it should invoke or not when group init is invoked.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Yeah, I assumed it might get patched. Like I said, this is more about aesthetic. individual initiative rolls through !cmaster --turn,start trigger an announcement on every roll (3 players and a group roll from me make 4 announcements). Individual manual rolls through the sheet generate as many as 8 announcements for that group (4 the first time someone rolls higher than the current high roll and 2 more each additional time that happens). The Group Initiative loophole allows me to start the fight with a single announcement for the final high-roller. It's clean and less confusing for new players.

Edited 1586477330
Wait. Dangit! I just tried this in another browser and it isn't acting the same way. That would explain why nobody else is seeing the same issue that I'm seeing, huh? [EDIT] I can confirm; I am, indeed, not a bright man. I've been doing my testing in Firefox, where I had apparently installed VTT Enhancement Suite at some point and forgotten about it. Combat Master was throwing announcements in response to something VTTES was doing to the turn order. Disregard my concern because the functionality I thought I needed is already there if I'd just get out of its dang way. [/EDIT]