Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

These are brand-new sheets, there's nothing left over from anything. There's nothing in the console log except for some mixed-mode errors, HTTP served alongside HTTPS. I'm pretty confident that's got nothing to do with the issue. The browser I'm using is Chrome, At the moment it's Version 48.0.2564.116 m. Windows 7, 64-bit version. Screenshot below, although it's pretty useless for the type of bug I'm encountering. The behavior I'm seeing is that on a repeating row--in this case, the attack row--many of the fields simply don't like having values. I've been typing stuff into spell names and the first several characters or word gets lost; sometimes the dice reset. I spent a full 30 seconds trying to set the 1d6 for Poog's 1d6 firebolt from his Fire domain at one point, because the numbers kept getting set back to 0. But the behavior's inconsistent. I haven't figured out how to isolate this effect from attribute creation yet. I'm sort of wondering if there's a race condition between creating an attribute and setting changes to it, but since I haven't had time to dig into the code yet, it's idle, uninformed speculation!
Magik
Sheet Author
Magik said: Riley D. said: chris b. said: I'll have a version ready to check in soon,   now when I create a new character i am down to creating  11   2 attributes only. Great news! Thanks! I found that with some changes that I'm making and using TheAaronSheet that his functions were not checking for a change before setting a value and thus creating an attribute where one wasn't needed. He was kind enough to update it and has released a new version.  TheAaronSheet I tested his update and it is causing the same issue. I'll continue to work with him on this. In the meantime, don't bother to install the updated TAS.
With the sheet Repeating sections that disappear upon creation, I find that the easiest way to repeat it is to be in one of the fields of another repeating section (Such as the name of the above one, typing something probably helps, but I haven't tested both ways.) and then clicking straight from there to +Add New Item. 100% repeatability.

Edited 1457024260
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This isn't going to help Alex Franklin on account of not having access to API scripts, but if anyone else wants to use a spellbook macro like what Julix cooked up, I wrote an API script to generate one . The usage is pretty simple: select a token, then use the "!generate-spellbook" API command.  You can give it two optional parameters, separated by spaces.  In order, they are: Spell class to generate the macro for.  This is just  the class number, as it appears in the Spells tab.  This defaults to -1, which will include all spells. Name of the character ability to put the macro in; defaults to "Spells".  If the character already has an ability with that name, Because I'm a lazy bastard, you can't specify the ability name without also specifying the spell class. To generate a spellbook for the class you have as spell class 0, with the default ability name: !generate-spellbook 0 To generate a spellbook for all classes in an ability called "Spellbook": !generate-spellbook -1 Spellbook Hope someone finds this useful! EDIT: Updated script with comments, and corrected minor bug
Magik
Sheet Author
Magik said: Magik said: Riley D. said: chris b. said: I'll have a version ready to check in soon,   now when I create a new character i am down to creating  11   2 attributes only. Great news! Thanks! I found that with some changes that I'm making and using TheAaronSheet that his functions were not checking for a change before setting a value and thus creating an attribute where one wasn't needed. He was kind enough to update it and has released a new version.  TheAaronSheet I tested his update and it is causing the same issue. I'll continue to work with him on this. In the meantime, don't bother to install the updated TAS. Ok, one more update has fixed the issue. It has been posted in his GitHub. I'll be posting an updated sheet soon for testing.
Hi maybe this is not the right place to post this but I have small problem that if I set the MAX DEX to Armor & Shield it dose not give me the corect AC it just ignores the Dex bonus. Please if somebody can help me here It would be very appreciated.

Edited 1457030181
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
NordicSailor said: Hi maybe this is not the right place to post this but I have small problem that if I set the MAX DEX to Armor & Shield it dose not give me the corect AC it just ignores the Dex bonus. Please if somebody can help me here It would be very appreciated. This is the correct place. Can you give a screenshot, or else give the 1. normal DEX bonus on the core page, , then in the defenses page: 2. what is in the grid for your checked armor and shield rows for "max dex", 3. what is the number next to "max dex" in the middle where you choose 'maxdex' or 'none' and 4. what is the number next to DEX in your AC row at the top. I can't get it to give the wrong number. so not sure what exactly is wrong on your sheet yet.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Courtney R. said: With the sheet Repeating sections that disappear upon creation, I find that the easiest way to repeat it is to be in one of the fields of another repeating section (Such as the name of the above one, typing something probably helps, but I haven't tested both ways.) and then clicking straight from there to +Add New Item. 100% repeatability. sigh. it's back?  on any of the repeating sections? seriously @($^*#$#$$

Edited 1457034911
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Courtney R. said: With the sheet Repeating sections that disappear upon creation, I find that the easiest way to repeat it is to be in one of the fields of another repeating section (Such as the name of the above one, typing something probably helps, but I haven't tested both ways.) and then clicking straight from there to +Add New Item. 100% repeatability. I tested this on the Dev last night with v37 beta and couldn't get it to happen. and... just checked with the community sheet and can't seem to replicate either. ;-(
Magik
Sheet Author
chris b. said: NordicSailor said: Hi maybe this is not the right place to post this but I have small problem that if I set the MAX DEX to Armor & Shield it dose not give me the corect AC it just ignores the Dex bonus. Please if somebody can help me here It would be very appreciated. This is the correct place. Can you give a screenshot, or else give the 1. normal DEX bonus on the core page, , then in the defenses page: 2. what is in the grid for your checked armor and shield rows for "max dex", 3. what is the number next to "max dex" in the middle where you choose 'maxdex' or 'none' and 4. what is the number next to DEX in your AC row at the top. I can't get it to give the wrong number. so not sure what exactly is wrong on your sheet yet. The max-dex for armor and shields needs to default to 99 instead of 0. I've fixed it in my copy of the sheet which I'll be posting soon.

Edited 1457049890
Alex
Pro
Vince said: Courtney R. said: With the sheet Repeating sections that disappear upon creation, I find that the easiest way to repeat it is to be in one of the fields of another repeating section (Such as the name of the above one, typing something probably helps, but I haven't tested both ways.) and then clicking straight from there to +Add New Item. 100% repeatability. I tested this on the Dev last night with v37 beta and couldn't get it to happen. and... just checked with the community sheet and can't seem to replicate either. ;-( I've been seeing that pretty constantly. I'm not sure it ever really went away, but I only use the sheet once or twice a week usually. I'm not positive, but I think it may have to do with writing to attributes. When I have added a blank row and I edit a field in an existing row, the blank row vanishes. Courtney figured out that the new-row-vanishing bug triggers when you've got a field selected and add a row and I can confirm it doesn't seem to happen at all when you deselect fields; I've also got a problem where I occasionally can't update a field and the value reverts to whatever it was before. If fields are repeatedly being written to the attribute even when the field hasn't been changed by the user , and there's some latency in the write, and the attribute is then written back to the field in the sheet, that might explain everything. We add a row while the sheet's in the middle of writing the field in focus back to an attribute; that triggers whatever it is that removes the blank row when you start editing another row. If I'm changing a field while it's in the process of being written to its corresponding attribute, and then that value is then read and passed back to the field, that might explain what's going on for me. Hmmmm. Just an hypothesis...

Edited 1457055226
Magik
Sheet Author
Updated sheet code available at  Magik's v.37 GitHub . Changes are in the log there. EDIT: I merged the changes with the v.36 copy at the  pathfinder-neceros repository and put the results  here for your convenience. I'll be working on more of the Items tab for new interactions between the Equipment section and Worn section.

Edited 1457065095
Magik
Sheet Author
So, in an effort to keep new attributes from being created, I'm looking at some behavior of the sheet. It looks like new 0-value attributes are being created outside of the use of setAttrs() to change them. I went through these steps then check the attributes tab and found the 0's that I didn't expect to see. I checked the java code and these attributes are never set there. 1. Create a new character then close and open it. Confirm that there are no unexpected attributes on the tab. 2. Open the sheet then go to the Core tab, change the base Str to 12 then tab a few times. 3. Check the attributes tab for the unexpected values. This may be something that Roll20 Devs will have to look at. Hopefully it doesn't slow things down. EDIT: Even the read-only/disabled attributes that you tab over are having default values created as attributes...

Edited 1457096772
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes i just tested and confirmed (i was confused at first). just clicking in a field and then out causes a writeback, but it's causing a 0 attribute to be created, this is just roll20. so .. at least nothing we can do. though for the readonly fields, we could start converting some to span tags instead of input. Now that they give us that ability. that might help since I don't think a span will write back.

Edited 1457097820
Hey Chris, got a question for you once you have a spare moment. I run a pretty heavy homebrew variation of Pathfinder in my campaign, so I tend to modify the default sheet a bunch and use it as custom. As of late, we ran into a situation where my players had a request and I haven't been able to quite figure out how to deliver on it: When we add feats, would it be possible in the sheet CSS to have two different sets in two different side by side columns to make it easier to sort them? The idea would be to have two different rolling fieldsets side by side. Normally I make horizontal alignments by breaking tables with width or other breaks. This looks like it would require two different actual columns to pull data from. I see how this has been done on some other sheets (13thAgeOfficial for instance) but haven't been able to replicate that in here. I've tried to make this happen with what I could reverse engineer in the sheet and so far no dice after about 48 hours this week tinkering. Any thoughts on how it could be done? I'm not looking for you to code it (you got your hands full with the awesome main sheet), just to point me in the right direction if you have an idea of what I should be looking at. Thanks for reading!

Edited 1457098140
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Should be by putting each in its own div and in css setting display=  .... Inline i think, or block inline. But that would be two different fieldsets not one. Vince is the HTML CSS guru
Thanks for the tip! I'm looking into that now. Short term I have a prettier workaround using tabs like how the main sheet works with spell classes, but I don't think that will appease the masses. For some reason my players want something that looks like a jumbled pinterest board. : /
Magik
Sheet Author
So, I've been diving deep into possible changes to the Items tab concerning Worn Equipment and the rest of your character's equipment. In v.37, I added a new Location drop-down for your character's equipment for Carried (default) and Not Carried so that you can have the items that aren't carried tracked on the sheet, but not affect the encumbrance. To this drop-down, I intend to add the Worn locations so you can specify where that item is being worn. I considered automating this action to cause the entry to be copied to the Worn Equipment section, but after further analysis, there is a potential for data loss and general functionality challenges (see further below). In the end, I'm considering removing the Worn Equipment section entirely and just keeping the Equipment section with the new drop-down that allows you to select the location where the item is worn. The only automation will be to make sure that no two pieces of equipment are allowed to share the same worn location. Also, the new Worn Armor and Worn Shield entries on the Defenses tab will need special handling. They will remain and I'll have java worker code manage to keep those and the repeating item entries that they match to in sync. Either that or we could remove those entirely also. As part of the conversion to this update, I will add a check for when the sheet is opened to convert existing worn equipment into repeating items in the equipment section. Another option is to disable changes to the Worn Equipment section and use it for display-only purposes. That would solve issues with potential data loss and handling between repeating_items and not. Yet another option is to leave it the way that it is and let the player manually deal with keeping the Worn Equipment and Equipment sections synchronized. If we want to keep the Worn Equipment section then here is the java worker handling that will need to be implemented. Changing the Location drop-down will trigger these changes: Call the routine to update the total weight. Since Worn Equipment tracks its own weight total, only items with the Carried location will contribute to the total weight in the Equipment section. When Location is changed to a worn location check for other repeating_item entries with the same location then change it to Carried. That will trigger weight handling. Also look at Worn Equipment values to see if it is populated already; if so find a match in repeating_item entries to merge with or create a new repeating_item for it. Finally, replace the Worn Equipment values. Make Worn Equipment shown if hidden. When Location is changed, it may go from worn to not, so if set now to Carried/Not-Carried, look for a match between repeating_item entries and worn then clear the Worn Equipment values. This may be triggered from the above, which shouldn't have Worn Equipment values any longer. Worn Equipment may be changed or cleared, but it is not safe to have these changes update the repeating item entries until the repeating items themselves have a change made to the Location drop-down. A hidden attribute could help manage the link between the two sections, but doesn't solve all problems.
Is it possible to have a tab name populate from a value in that tab? Not the internal values indicating what tab is which, but just the displayed title on the tab itself.

Edited 1457110393
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I suppose we can now that we can populate the text of a span tag: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2982850/slug%7D#" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2982850/slug%7D#</a>... You can now use tags in your Character Sheet HTML templates and add a name="attr_attributename" property to them just like you can for inputs, textareas, etc. For example:&nbsp;&lt;span name=&quot;attr_strength&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt; i had an idea for the config to have all the text labels, and have the spans read from those. Therefore to translate it to another language between versions would be super easy. since the words to translate would all be in one place instead of buried in the HTML. i guess if the translator uses defaults then it would not generate new attributes .. hmm ... yeah i have not done a multi locale project in about 18 years.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
in case anyone else is interested, here is my suggestion: Create resource file link for character sheets: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3055766/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3055766/</a>
I'm having a bit of trouble with my Pathfinder sheet, concerning the Spells page. It doesn't seem to save my Domaine/School/Patron/ect settings when I close the sheet. Has anyone else been having this problem?

Edited 1457114808
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wayward Foal said: I'm having a bit of trouble with my Pathfinder sheet, concerning the Spells page. It doesn't seem to save my Domaine/School/Patron/ect settings when I close the sheet. Has anyone else been having this problem? We missed a closing " in the input field... fixed on v37 beta, but it got missed while merging some of the code for v.36. ;-( I'll get a PR up with the fix. &nbsp;Sorry and thanks. PR added for v36 <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... - fix for Domains/Sub-domains/Schools... not retaining values. &nbsp;missing " added to inputs - removed min=0 from Misc input for Initiative to allow for negative adjustments
chris b. said: I suppose we can now that we can populate the text of a span tag: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2982850/slug%7D#" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2982850/slug%7D#</a>... You can now use tags in your Character Sheet HTML templates and add a name="attr_attributename" property to them just like you can for inputs, textareas, etc. For example:&nbsp;&lt;span name="attr_strength"&gt;&lt;/span&gt; i had an idea for the config to have all the text labels, and have the spans read from those. Therefore to translate it to another language between versions would be super easy. since the words to translate would all be in one place instead of buried in the HTML. i guess if the translator uses defaults then it would not generate new attributes .. hmm ... yeah i have not done a multi locale project in about 18 years. I've been poking about with this since you posted that. Having the spell class tabs populate as the actual class is a pretty neat thing. Only problem is the placeholder value won't populate so you either have to have a default value in there or see the tabs break from the inline when there isn't text in the slot. Its pretty cool though!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Encartrus said: Hey Chris, got a question for you once you have a spare moment. I run a pretty heavy homebrew variation of Pathfinder in my campaign, so I tend to modify the default sheet a bunch and use it as custom. As of late, we ran into a situation where my players had a request and I haven't been able to quite figure out how to deliver on it:&nbsp;When we add feats, would it be possible in the sheet CSS to have two different sets in two different side by side columns to make it easier to sort them? The idea would be to have two different rolling fieldsets side by side. Normally I make horizontal alignments by breaking tables with width or other breaks. This looks like it would require two different actual columns to pull data from. I see how this has been done on some other sheets (13thAgeOfficial for instance) but haven't been able to replicate that in here. I've tried to make this happen with what I could reverse engineer in the sheet and so far no dice after about 48 hours this week tinkering. Any thoughts on how it could be done? I'm not looking for you to code it (you got your hands full with the awesome main sheet), just to point me in the right direction if you have an idea of what I should be looking at. Thanks for reading! Maybe something like this?
Wow! That's exactly it.&nbsp;

Edited 1457126613
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure if we could make this an option... &nbsp; Mostly css except for doubling up the column titles/headers. &nbsp;If we actually did this, I think I would want to reduce some padding/margin as well to tighten things up. &nbsp;Drag/drop is little tricky as well, but doable. CSS div[data-groupname="repeating_feat"] .repitem {display: block;} div[data-groupname="repeating_feat"] .repitem:nth-child(even) {float: right; width: 49.9%;} div[data-groupname="repeating_feat"] .repitem:nth-child(odd) {float: left; width: 49.9%; clear: both;} html &lt;div class="sheet-table sheet-sect"&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-name"&gt;Feats&lt;/span&gt; &lt;div class="sheet-table-row" style="width:49.9%; float:left;"&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:4%;"&gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:4%;"&gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:23%;"&gt;Name&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:40%;"&gt;Short Description&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:4%; text-align:right;"&gt;Used&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data sheet-divider-lg"&gt;/&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:4%; text-align:left;"&gt;Max&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:20%;"&gt;Max Calc&lt;/span&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div class="sheet-table-row" style="width:49.9%; float:right;"&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:4%;"&gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:4%;"&gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:23%;"&gt;Name&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:40%;"&gt;Short Description&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:4%; text-align:right;"&gt;Used&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data sheet-divider-lg"&gt;/&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:4%; text-align:left;"&gt;Max&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class="sheet-table-header sheet-table-data" style="width:20%;"&gt;Max Calc&lt;/span&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt;
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: Encartrus said: Hey Chris, got a question for you once you have a spare moment. I run a pretty heavy homebrew variation of Pathfinder in my campaign, so I tend to modify the default sheet a bunch and use it as custom. As of late, we ran into a situation where my players had a request and I haven't been able to quite figure out how to deliver on it:&nbsp;When we add feats, would it be possible in the sheet CSS to have two different sets in two different side by side columns to make it easier to sort them? The idea would be to have two different rolling fieldsets side by side. Normally I make horizontal alignments by breaking tables with width or other breaks. This looks like it would require two different actual columns to pull data from. I see how this has been done on some other sheets (13thAgeOfficial for instance) but haven't been able to replicate that in here. I've tried to make this happen with what I could reverse engineer in the sheet and so far no dice after about 48 hours this week tinkering. Any thoughts on how it could be done? I'm not looking for you to code it (you got your hands full with the awesome main sheet), just to point me in the right direction if you have an idea of what I should be looking at. Thanks for reading! Maybe something like this? Well crap, can we get that for the official version? :P Seriously, that looks like a more efficient use of space, and it might make sense to use that for all of the similar repeating sections (feats, class features, traits, etc).
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll work on adding it to the beta tonight. &nbsp;I might play around with the field widths as well to accommodate for squeezing the repeats into these "faux" columns.
Not sure if this has been brought up or not but on the latest sheet version 0.36 I continue to have my Domains/Sub-Domains fields constantly deleting the information I have in there when ever I reopen the character sheets.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Vince said: Wayward Foal said: I'm having a bit of trouble with my Pathfinder sheet, concerning the Spells page. It doesn't seem to save my Domaine/School/Patron/ect settings when I close the sheet. Has anyone else been having this problem? We missed a closing " in the input field... fixed on v37 beta, but it got missed while merging some of the code for v.36. ;-( I'll get a PR up with the fix. &nbsp;Sorry and thanks. PR added for v36 <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... - fix for Domains/Sub-domains/Schools... not retaining values. &nbsp;missing " added to inputs - removed min=0 from Misc input for Initiative to allow for negative adjustments Fix is on deck...
Magik
Sheet Author
Paizo.com is experiencing heavier-than-usual traffic. Go there and read why.
I'm having trouble with my spell ranges. They keep resetting to "0" whenever the sheet re-calculates. The numeric range value sets itself to random values (like 2 or 50). What are we supposed to be typing in the "Range" block of the spell header. What is the numeric range value used for?
sry, that image ended up being tiny, but you can prob get the idea.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can paste in the exact text from the spell Or a number Or close/medium/long
Things I've tried: "Close 25 ft + 5 ft/lvl", "30 ft", "30", "25+5", "Close". Everything I type in sticks around for a bit if I hit the recalc button it reverts everything to 0 (perhaps I'm not understanding the function of the recalc button). Another question, Macros I've dragged from my character sheet to the macro bar do not appear unless I mess around with non-character sheet linked macros first. I've put a bunch of macros from my sheet to the bar, but I have not created any other macros&nbsp;(using the gear icon in the top right). When I open up my sheet I can select the "Show macro quick bar?" check box, but nothing appears down there. If I add a new macro or check or un-check a macro (from the preferences) then suddenly all my character sheet macros appear?
Vince said: I'll work on adding it to the beta tonight. &nbsp;I might play around with the field widths as well to accommodate for squeezing the repeats into these "faux" columns. Something I thought of this morning that might synergize well with this:&nbsp;Some sheets have radio buttons that can alter color outputs on the sheet(13th Age Official and a few others). That might be useful for something like this. With the drag and drop functionality, say you want to cluster your feats (or items in inventory, or class skills (etc. etc.) one after the other on each side to keep them organized by a metric aside from when you add them. This would give you an at-a-glance indicator for readability. Say you click the green radio button for your combat feats, the blue for your metamagic feats, and the red for general feats (etc.). I made the borders obnoxious purple on the screenshot below to point at what I'm looking at, but it could be a pretty useful thing that is subtle and nice with some nice desaturated medium value colors. I'm poking around with trying to get that functionality to work in the Pathfinder sheet by reverse engineering the&nbsp;13thAgeOffice. I'll post what I can once I figure out how its done over there.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Things I've tried: "Close 25 ft + 5 ft/lvl", "30 ft", "30", "25+5", "Close". Everything I type in sticks around for a bit if I hit the recalc button it reverts everything to 0 (perhaps I'm not understanding the function of the recalc button). there is a bug in the recalc that is resetting the range fields. ill get a fix in but not sure when they will apply it.&nbsp;

Edited 1457192918
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
submitted PR to fix the spell range getting zeroed out on recalc this is now version .37,&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/1460" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/1460</a> this includes Vince's fixes that haven't been put into prod yet. Maybe someone will be working today so everyone's spell ranges don't get cleared out. (beta will have to be updated to .40)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
2-Column Feats is on the beta to play with. &nbsp;Thoughts?
Here's one that probably doesn't come up often - I'm having an issue with the HP adj2 (@{HP-formula-macro-text}) field on the Core tab for a player character. &nbsp;I've tried entering macro values in here, I've tried prefacing the macro with an '=', I've tried putting in just plain number (ex: 3). Nothing is showing up in the Mod2 gray box, and the HP current/max values are not changing. &nbsp;I thought this would be the perfect place to put in a macro for the Toughness feat to adjust max HP, as it adds +3 at first level, then +1 for each level over 3rd. &nbsp;Am I using the field incorrectly? &nbsp;Am I inputting the data incorrectly? &nbsp;Is the coding handling the field properly?

Edited 1457212270
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure Timm. &nbsp;The field is working for me in beta and live... I was able to use 3, 3 + 1*(@{level}), -3, etc. &nbsp;so I believe this is working outside of your case. &nbsp;;-( Does the rest of the HP calcs seem to function? &nbsp;Does a recalc help?
Recalc doesn't happen, but I get weird recalc results when I change either the ability mod or the HP adj1. &nbsp;For example, I can put 2 in the HP adj2 and nothing happens until I start fiddling with the other fields, then 2 shows up in the gray box. &nbsp;Then I can put 3 in the field, fiddle around, but the adjustment remains showing 2. &nbsp;I'm on v.36. &nbsp;I've tried restarting the browser (Chrome) as well as restarting the whole computer.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Any errors logged in the console when you make adjusts to any of the HP-based mods?

Edited 1457231308
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm in the process of writing a "State of the Pathfinder Compendium" summary as requested for my part in the upcoming PF Compendium update project. &nbsp;The scope of the summary includes what is missing from the Roll20 compendium compared to Paizo's SRD, what needs to be fixed, scraped, added, changed, etc. Specifically&nbsp;I need your suggestions for; What are the&nbsp;Pathfinder Compendium integration shortcomings/suggestions/changes needed as it pertains to the Pathfinder sheet? &nbsp; Remember, SRD only (Core for now...), and I would like to keep it limited to what is plausible for the short-term in the hopes they will actually get implemented. &nbsp; ;-) &nbsp; Some things I've mentioned so far are adding the drag/drop of Class Abilities and Domain powers (other than their spell equivalents), and adding missing attributes and/or adding additional attributes as needed. &nbsp;This can probably be rectified once the update process begins. TIA, Cheers feel free to post here for discussion or send me a PM.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have found bugs in the SRD when I was looking up the spells, i found them by downloading the database (google books spreadsheet) and grouping up and saw some looked wrong. Then I looked them up in the PRD at the Paizo site and saw yes these are wrong. Class abilities are all missing from the compendium, I think we really should have all these.&nbsp; class abilities, feats, &nbsp;monster rules,&nbsp;mythic equivalents of them,&nbsp;traits, racial traits, also missing; combat maneuvers the other decision, do we parse the following in sheet workers or make them json elements? Can we even do that?&nbsp;. I guess putting in json is more work for people updating, since it's easier to copy/paste/compare, while making it harder to test the compendium for accuracy. in a sheetworker generally means doing it once. For instance we have monster rules and feats in the compedium already, and looking at these and other abilities, it seems we can also parse out Format, Location, Uses (per day and modifier), Save and DC, Prerequisite, Restriction (any sentences with "only" in it seems to be a restriction on use) Type of action (standard, fullround) looks a lot harder to determine. abilities currently have:&nbsp;name, content, category, ability type (ex/sp/su)&nbsp; Potential additions to the repeating sections if not to the json objects themselves: Format: easily parsed by sheetworker due to html surrounding it Location:easily parsed by sheetworker&nbsp;due to html surrounding it USES: &nbsp;(uses/day + modifier or whatever) this is more for sp and su abilities , difficult to parse, seems to start with "a number of times per ".... to the next period. for monster rules, for abilities: "can only be ... per..." SAVE and DC: Monster rules follow the pattern: "will save [for half damage] (DC 10 + something ; exact description in creature text) "&nbsp; class abilities: don't follow a single pattern, much harder to parse, easier for user to do it in json PREREQUISITE: follow the pattern: starts with "must have ... to select this|before choosing this", can be more than one. in feats this is delineated by html tags RESTRICTION: can only (if not "can only be ... per") | can be used only | only if | only when | only while SPECIAL: (feat only section) ACTION (if applicable) standard/immediate/free/move/none/fullround/attack/full attack, (there is a lot of arguing if attack or attack action are two different things) this one may be too hard to parse in a sheetworker.

Edited 1457307355
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: I have found bugs in the SRD when I was looking up the spells; I found them by downloading the database (google books spreadsheet) and grouping up and saw some looked wrong. Then I looked them up in the PRD at the Paizo site and saw yes these are wrong. Any specifics? Most of the compendium is merely a copy/paste routine from the SRD. They should match word for word. &nbsp;I believe once editing has started up again most descrepencies can be quickly addressed and rectified. Class abilities are all missing from the compendium; I think we really should have all these. Class abilities, feats, monster rules, mythic equivalents of them, traits, racial traits, also missing; combat maneuvers I believe all the class abilities are there under each class description. I wonder if it’s possible to give sub-sections of the compendium their own attributes as well as make them “drag-able”? Otherwise I think Class Abilities and similar sub-sections would need to get their own category of the compendium like Classes, Feats, Items, etc. Racial traits are also a sub-section under each race. Just focusing on Core for now, so Mythic as well other additional material will have to be added later… The other decision, do we parse the following in sheet workers or make them json elements? Can we even do that? I guess putting in json is more work for people updating, since it's easier to copy/paste/compare, while making it harder to test the compendium for accuracy. in a sheetworker generally means doing it once. I’m not sure what making the json’s would entail. Maybe this could be auto-generated by Roll20’s server? I know we have control of the sheet workers, so maybe it’s best to process on our end…? For instance we have monster rules and feats in the compendium already, and looking at these and other abilities, it seems we can also parse out Format, Location, Uses (per day and modifier), Save and DC, Prerequisite, Restriction (any sentences with "only" in it seems to be a restriction on use) Type of action (standard, fullround) looks a lot harder to determine. Abilities currently have: name, content, category, ability type (ex/sp/su) Potential additions to the repeating sections if not to the json objects themselves: FORMAT: easily parsed by sheetworker due to html surrounding it LOCATION: easily parsed by sheetworker due to html surrounding it USES: (uses/day + modifier or whatever) this is more for sp and su abilities, difficult to parse, seems to start with "a number of times per ".... to the next period. for monster rules, for abilities: "can only be ... per..." SAVE and DC: Monster rules follow the pattern: "will save [for half damage] (DC 10 + something; exact description in creature text) " CLASS ABILITES: don't follow a single pattern, much harder to parse, easier for user to do it in json PREREQUISITE: follow the pattern: starts with "must have ... to select this|before choosing this", can be more than one. in feats this is delineated by html tags RESTRICTION: can only (if not "can only be ... per") | can be used only | only if | only when | only while SPECIAL: (feat only section) ACTION: (if applicable) standard/immediate/free/move/none/fullround/attack/full attack, (there is a lot of arguing if attack or attack action are two different things) this one may be too hard to parse in a sheetworker. I know there are a couple of Pathfinder import scripts out there already. Would having a look at how they parsed stat blocks help at all? I could be wrong, but other than Attributes, the compendium will have to match the SRD word for word, correct?. So that’s what we’ll have to work with. Maybe a json file would need to be created for some of the compendium’s material? Thanks for commenting Chris. &nbsp;I'll be sure to add your insight in my summary. &nbsp;Looking forward to getting the compendium mess straightened out.
Vince said: Any errors logged in the console when you make adjusts to any of the HP-based mods? No - no errors posting to the log. &nbsp;I tried again today, as there was a value in the Mod2 gray box. &nbsp;I changed the value from a hard value of 3 to a 5, and there was no update, even when I tried changing the ability selection or the HP adj1 value. CLICKED app.js?1456935446:36 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1456935446:36 Setting up repeating sections took until 28ms app.js?1456935446:36 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 29ms app.js?1456935446:36 Querytest took until 32ms app.js?1456935446:37 Set values took until 55ms app.js?1456935446:37 Took 158ms
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i meant the bugs are actually in the SRD, so if it was copied then the errors would be copied in.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: i meant the bugs are actually in the SRD, so if it was copied then the errors would be copied in.&nbsp; Ohhhhhh WTH? &nbsp;The SRD is wonky?