Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
JJL said: Question, why spells don't include options for those spells with attack and damage rolls? Would make my life much easier xD i don't know, i thought i saw something there.  i'll take a look since if not that's somethng we can add. Either Ranged touch/ray or Touch, ugh and bonuses, like from Spectral Hand Do we need to split up Ray and Ranged Touch? I guess yes, since some feats only apply to Ray like weapon focus. though if people houserule differently they can copy the same bonus over to ranged touch.

Edited 1454011835
I always put the Attack/Damage/Miscellaneous rolls as inline rolls embedded in the Short Description field (for NPCs) or in the Description field (for Characters).  (Ex: Cure [[ [[1d8]] + {5,@{spellclass-0-level-total}}kl1 ]] points of damage).  I also whisper a hyperlink to the SRD page for the spell, in case I need to look up the full description.  It saves some room in the chat window.

Edited 1454013073
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Spells do include 2 attacks that use the pf_attack roll template logic/formatting and can be added to the macro text of any spell as well... <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>...

Edited 1454024730
Magik
Sheet Author
You can imbed ranged touch attacks by inserting something like this into the description or use what Vince referred to above. Range Touch Attack: [[1d20+@{attk-ranged}]] Melee Touch Attack: [[1d20+@{attk-melee}]] Magik
Magik
Sheet Author
Chris/Vince, Beta .20 has a problem in the new spells. The collapsible arrow button for Macro Text controls Options, so players can't access the Macro Text without editing the Attribute manually. The options arrow button controls options properly. Magik
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Honestly, I just added attack-type spells as attacks. &nbsp;;-O

Edited 1454025064
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magik said: Chris/Vince, Beta .20 has a problem in the new spells. The collapsible arrow button for Macro Text controls Options, so players can't access the Macro Text without editing the Attribute manually. The options arrow button controls options properly. Magik Yep. &nbsp;mix up on my part. &nbsp;We've been juggling 3 different versions of the sheet and having to backtrack on some code, while keeping others. &nbsp;I'll have a look and get it fixed. &nbsp;Thanks MagiK
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Until I get the hotspot fixed, try clicking over the text "Macro Text".
Vince said: Honestly, I just added attack-type spells as attacks. &nbsp;;-O That is what I did aswell, it was just easier that way.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Magik: &nbsp;should be fixed now. &nbsp;I'll start going thru your spell suggestions and making some of those changes as well. &nbsp; Thanks for helping. p.s. I'm not familiar with the Mythic rules(Chris may be...) but I'll have a closer look at those as well and see how we might integrate.
Vince said: Spells do include 2 attacks that use the pf_attack roll template logic/formatting and can be added to the macro text of any spell as well... <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... Would there be any way to include more? Bread-and-butter spells like scorching ray &nbsp;will eventually get three ray attacks at higher levels. Vince said: Honestly, I just added attack-type spells as attacks. &nbsp;;-O ...or that works too. :P
To address the&nbsp; elephant in the proverbial room , compendium integration. I'm very tempted to volunteer with assisting in whatever way I can to get the PF compendium up to speed for potential use in games. That's a bit more within my skill-set than the amazing job you guys are doing with the character sheet. That being said, on a scale of "back massage" to "stepping on a LEGO", how painful will implementation be?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
JLeeBly said: To address the&nbsp; elephant in the proverbial room , compendium integration. I'm very tempted to volunteer with assisting in whatever way I can to get the PF compendium up to speed for potential use in games. That's a bit more within my skill-set than the amazing job you guys are doing with the character sheet. That being said, on a scale of "back massage" to "stepping on a LEGO", how painful will implementation be? There are currently over 3800 unique attributes on the PF sheet! &nbsp;Granted, not all of those will need to be tagged to match the compendium, but... you get the idea. &nbsp;I believe Roll20 is going to make changes to the PF compendium to better match what they did with 5e. &nbsp;Luckily 5e's integration seemingly is going to be the test subject to get the bugs worked out. &nbsp;Not too dissimilar to our Pathfinder sheet paving the way with sheet workers and the repeating madness disease. &nbsp;;-P As soon as the compendium becomes stabilized and Riley gives us the green light we'll move forward as always to include the latest and greatest. &nbsp;Thanks your offer to help out. &nbsp;As we get closer to starting we'll send out the sirens call for assistance. &nbsp;Everyone, please keep beta testing! &nbsp;Finding the bugs before a release is paramount. &nbsp;Cheers

Edited 1454077776
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes i have played through Wrath of the Righteous and can work on adding mythic&nbsp; That and Occult Adventures, which I bought the day it came out, and have barely had time to look at it, and now it's already free on the SRD. The only change we really made for occult/psychic spells for .30 is to make spell level editable. but there are points and other things. Hmm regarding spell attacks ... yeah my players just hit "ranged" at the top, or "melee" at the top, to make touch attacks. but to make it easier so you only hit one button..... let me think .. &nbsp;what about this: maybe if you select none/ranged/melee, a entry for additonal bonus, and dropdown for # of attacks (there would never be a mix of ranged and melee for one spell right? I know there are sometimes different damage types) After filling in those 3 it can create the macro field and you can see it. like [[1d20 + @[attk-ranged}+ 1]] where 1 is the specific bonus you entered. then ..a hidden field will contain for each attack and look like &nbsp;{{attack1= [[1d20 + 4+1]]}} &nbsp;&nbsp;{{attack2= [[1d20 + 4+1]]}} &nbsp;etc and we'd have to make sure existing entries don't break oh crap i just realized, i have some text that is generated due to conditions ... that we should move to the config so other authors can translate it.
Magik
Sheet Author
There are so many spells and different ways to approach damage, that it would be challenging to cover all bases. Then there are metamagic feats that mess with things.&nbsp;However, something generic would handle a good percentage of the situations.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oh yeah i forgot it is possible to have crits aaaaaa! maybe just a link that says "create weapon attack row:" is better ..&nbsp;
oh yeah i forgot it is possible to have crits aaaaaa! maybe just a link that says "create weapon attack row:" is better ..&nbsp; Honestly; if I'm using sheet spells, I just hit the macro again if something threatens a crit.&nbsp; Yeah it's not the most elegant solution, but it only comes up 5% of the time, which is *WAY* lower than martial attacks given how infrequently you actually use spells like that. I frequently use my own macros instead of the built-in sheet form for spells, though; and just throw in a pf_attack template below the spell info without a name= defined for any attacks like Scorching ray.&nbsp; I would have to test, of course, but I would not be surprised if you could just inject a full template macro at the end of the description

Edited 1454184172
Couple of things, starting with a bug I found from last week: I was trying to configure Buff5 last week, and when entering the buff5_AC_macro-text field, I entered 2 and then hit Enter to complete the fill. It looked like it had reset (previous line got pushed up), so I did it again and it looked like it had reset. I finally entered in the value and clicked out of the box, but what I didn't realize was I had 2\n\r2\n\r2 entered into the macro text. When I enabled the buff, the value in buff5_AC became 222, and all the autofills on the sheet stopped updating. I immediately realized what had done and removed the carriage returns, but it took a solid 2 hours for autofill to come back (even with checking the Recalc button). May need to disable newlines and carriage returns in that field. Next, on to a feature request. I love that if you want a new class ability, you can just click the add button. Problem is, the mouse-over for the ability/attack doesn't give you the actual ability ID. Referencing values from these fields (such as repeating_class-ability_???_description) is next to impossible; my two workarounds are to assign it to my bar and try to copy the ID from the macro name manually (difficult since I can't copypasta and lower-case L looks exactly like capital i in sans-serif fonts), or to break the ability and dump its built-in macro roll text by putting /asdflk or something into the first line of the macro field. Could you please add a simpler way to see the ability ID via mouse-over, or (better yet) in such a way that allows it to be copied to the clipboard? While I'm on the subject of abilities, the repeating_class-ability_used and ..._used|max don't spawn attributes, so they can't be linked to token bars. My group likes taking their primary ability and putting it into Bar3 (such as a cleric putting Channels/Day there), so we can all see how much longer we can sustain the fight (plus it's easier to track). Since the character sheet doesn't spawn an attribute, editing this bar doesn't edit the sheet's uses. We work around that, but it would be very nice if we could link that Bar3 to an ability and have the character sheet track uses with a mere -1 entry to the token bar. Finally, a third and much simpler request: buffN_duration and buffN_duration|Max fields. My personal character in my current campaign doesn't have any per day abilities, so I like to track my two shortest buff durations using bar2 and bar3. Could you add a fields for duration and ...|max so I can link those bars to that part of the sheet as well?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Rory C. said: Couple of things, starting with a bug I found from last week: I was trying to configure Buff5 last week, and when entering the buff5_AC_macro-text field, I entered 2 and then hit Enter to complete the fill. It looked like it had reset (previous line got pushed up), so I did it again and it looked like it had reset. I finally entered in the value and clicked out of the box, but what I didn't realize was I had 2\n\r2\n\r2 entered into the macro text. When I enabled the buff, the value in buff5_AC became 222, and all the autofills on the sheet stopped updating. I immediately realized what had done and removed the carriage returns, but it took a solid 2 hours for autofill to come back (even with checking the Recalc button). May need to disable newlines and carriage returns in that field. Next, on to a feature request. I love that if you want a new class ability, you can just click the add button. Problem is, the mouse-over for the ability/attack doesn't give you the actual ability ID. Referencing values from these fields (such as repeating_class-ability_???_description) is next to impossible; my two workarounds are to assign it to my bar and try to copy the ID from the macro name manually (difficult since I can't copypasta and lower-case L looks exactly like capital i in sans-serif fonts), or to break the ability and dump its built-in macro roll text by putting /asdflk or something into the first line of the macro field. Could you please add a simpler way to see the ability ID via mouse-over, or (better yet) in such a way that allows it to be copied to the clipboard? While I'm on the subject of abilities, the repeating_class-ability_used and ..._used|max don't spawn attributes, so they can't be linked to token bars. My group likes taking their primary ability and putting it into Bar3 (such as a cleric putting Channels/Day there), so we can all see how much longer we can sustain the fight (plus it's easier to track). Since the character sheet doesn't spawn an attribute, editing this bar doesn't edit the sheet's uses. We work around that, but it would be very nice if we could link that Bar3 to an ability and have the character sheet track uses with a mere -1 entry to the token bar. Finally, a third and much simpler request: buffN_duration and buffN_duration|Max fields. My personal character in my current campaign doesn't have any per day abilities, so I like to track my two shortest buff durations using bar2 and bar3. Could you add a fields for duration and ...|max so I can link those bars to that part of the sheet as well? Will read entire post when I have a sec. &nbsp;Thanks. &nbsp;There is now a row ID at the bottom of a repeating section you can copy from.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes we just added it this morning!
You guys are awesome!
I also noticed that the character was updated this morning to: .2 Any chance that we can get a quick summary of everything the update included?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's on the first post. Most of it. Lots of things Vince fixed that I couldn't figure &nbsp;out&nbsp;

Edited 1454183230
My memory might be faulty, but I think there's a bit of a diction error on the repeating_XXX_???_YYY-shows. I think that each "show" toggle was directly above its field in prior editions, but now they're all grouped up in a single line. Ignore if this was how it used to be.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Rory, actually that's a feature... ;-) &nbsp;The idea is to try to compact some of the interface...&nbsp;

Edited 1454183650
Vince said: Hi Rory, actually that's a feature... ;-) &nbsp;The idea is to try to compact some of the interface...&nbsp; Ok, cool :) Btw, the ...$X_row_id is a little narrow, cuts off some of the text. Works fine for copy and paste if you scroll through the text while dragging the highlight, but I though you'd want to know the box's width could use another 20px or so
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Roger that. &nbsp;We may even move that info somewhere else as well instead of taking up an entire row. &nbsp;Make sure to jump on the beta site once in a while and you can comment on upcoming changes as we are testing them out. &nbsp;Feedback from the beta is very helpful. &nbsp;Thanks Rory.
Will do :)
A bug that a fellow player and I came across last night that both of us were able to reproduce. When we had our character sheets popped out (or as a separate tab), anytime we clicked the roll button for a spell, it instead "expanded" the box to display macro text. The problem resolved itself when the macros were rolled from the character sheet when not &nbsp;using pop-out sheets. Not sure if this is a sheet or a Roll20 issue, but it seemed that all other macros functioned properly when popped-out.

Edited 1454208943
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
JLeeBly said: A bug that a fellow player and I came across last night that both of us were able to reproduce. When we had our character sheets popped out (or as a separate tab), anytime we clicked the roll button for a spell, it instead "expanded" the box to display macro text. The problem resolved itself when the macros were rolled from the character sheet when not &nbsp;using pop-out sheets. Not sure if this is a sheet or a Roll20 issue, but it seemed that all other macros functioned properly when popped-out. That's weird. &nbsp;I'll have a look. Thanks Just tried it and it was working for me... (Chrome on a PC)

Edited 1454231719
I also wasn't able to reproduce (Chrome PC [Win10], so that figures). All the new repeating spells seem to be working fine for me, except for the usual bug of having to re-select drop-down menu fields on ability creation (doesn't pick their values up correctly with autofill). I did, however, get pretty excited while testing out the new Armor HP/Hardness fields. They all pull fine once I add the first variable (attribute isn't created until the field is filled at least once). I was able to make a useful macro for my GM to help handle Sunders, but because you have to force the attributes to be added to the character sheet it takes a bit more setup than I'd like. Here's the code: ?{Whisper to GM?|Whisper,@{NPC-whisper}| Post to chat,} &{template:pf_generic} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_defense}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} &{{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Armor Status}} {{@{selected|armor} = &nbsp;@{selected|armor-hp}/@{selected|armor-hp|Max}}} {{Hardness1 = @{selected|armor-hardness}}} {{@{selected|armor2} = @{selected|armor2-hp}/@{selected|armor2-hp|Max}}} {{-Hardness2: = @{selected|armor2-hardness}}} {{@{selected|shield} = @{selected|shield-hp}/@{selected|shield-hp|Max}}} {{-Hardness3: = @{selected|shield-hardness}}} {{@{selected|shield2} = @{selected|shield2-hp}/@{selected|shield2-hp|Max}}} {{-Hardness4: = @{selected|shield2-hardness}}} And a screenshot of the result, plus some other issues to discuss: The image on the far left is the result of that macro, and part of my Token Action GM-helpers now. It prompts a drop-down query to see if you want to post it as a GM whisper or just post it to chat, then dumps a set of attributes (in this case the armor-hp ...|Max and armor-hardness values). Anyway, back to the reason I'm sharing that code. The image on the right is what I'd like to have show eventually up (probably via API because conditional stuffs), and I figured I could get the middle result (not an actual screenshot) without any API, but there's a limitation in how each line works. If I do {{ = Hardness: @{armorN-hardness}}} for each hardness line (expected, but not actual, result shown in the middle), I get some weird formatting where only the final Hardness entry is listed. It looks like the text that precedes the "=" needs to be a unique identifier, otherwise following line entries overwrite the first one. It seems kind of odd that it needs to be unique, and isn't treated as a mere new line; that's how I ended up with the results on the left, HardnessN is just me trying to fudge it into a workable shape. Edit: Here's a screenshot of the weird formatting I'm talking about. I changed all the hardness lines from {{HardnessN: = @{armorN-hardness}}} to {{= Hardness: @{armorN-hardness}}} and I get this result: Part 2 of the armor HP/Hardness feedback is that hp|Max isn't an editable field; the user has to go to the Attributes tab and track down each armorN-hp attributes to input the hp|Max. While it's not really a game-breaking issue, it seems like having both the current and max values on the sheets would be more user-friendly. (Note: Btw, if anyone is interested in more GM Helper stuff like this, send me a PM. I've also got a Dump Defenses macro that pulls all the defense stats from a charactersheet and lets you choose to send it to GM whisper or just regular chat like that one; having it as a Token Action on your players' characters makes combat a lot easier)

Edited 1454233922
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Cool stuff Rory. &nbsp;Thanks. &nbsp; Roll templates have defined keys/properties which will include the formatting/logic as written within a roll template. &nbsp;We also use allprops() to cover anything not defined. &nbsp;This is a general "catch-all" key = value. &nbsp;Also, you can ONLY use the same key ONCE . &nbsp;The roll template will only display the last use of the key if it's used multiple times. &nbsp;So, make your keys unique and they will be given their own row. &nbsp;You can even just add a spaces after each key of the same name to make it unique. &nbsp;ie {{hardness=foo}} &nbsp;{{hardness =foo}} &nbsp;{{hardness &nbsp; =foo}} I think we could add an HP/max field next to the armor/weapon HP so you can track on the sheet. &nbsp;I'll make a note. &nbsp;Thanks
Magik
Sheet Author
JLeeBly said: A bug that a fellow player and I came across last night that both of us were able to reproduce. When we had our character sheets popped out (or as a separate tab), anytime we clicked the roll button for a spell, it instead "expanded" the box to display macro text. The problem resolved itself when the macros were rolled from the character sheet when not &nbsp;using pop-out sheets. Not sure if this is a sheet or a Roll20 issue, but it seemed that all other macros functioned properly when popped-out. I've seen this before, but it only happened after having the pop-out window open for a while during a game. Closing the pop-out and opening it again cleared the issue. I believe that it may have to do with having a brief network blip where the two windows become out of synch, but I could be way off.
Vince said: Cool stuff Rory. &nbsp;Thanks. &nbsp; Roll templates have defined keys/properties which will include the formatting/logic as written within a roll template. &nbsp;We also use allprops() to cover anything not defined. &nbsp;This is a general "catch-all" key = value. &nbsp;Also, you can ONLY use the same key ONCE . &nbsp;The roll template will only display the last use of the key if it's used multiple times. &nbsp;So, make your keys unique and they will be given their own row. &nbsp;You can even just add a spaces after each key of the same name to make it unique. &nbsp;ie {{hardness=foo}} &nbsp;{{hardness =foo}} &nbsp;{{hardness &nbsp; =foo}} I think we could add an HP/max field next to the armor/weapon HP so you can track on the sheet. &nbsp;I'll make a note. &nbsp;Thanks Np :) Magik said: JLeeBly said: A bug that a fellow player and I came across last night that both of us were able to reproduce. When we had our character sheets popped out (or as a separate tab), anytime we clicked the roll button for a spell, it instead "expanded" the box to display macro text. The problem resolved itself when the macros were rolled from the character sheet when not &nbsp;using pop-out sheets. Not sure if this is a sheet or a Roll20 issue, but it seemed that all other macros functioned properly when popped-out. I've seen this before, but it only happened after having the pop-out window open for a while during a game. Closing the pop-out and opening it again cleared the issue. I believe that it may have to do with having a brief network blip where the two windows become out of synch, but I could be way off. That's actually a good point. I know if I run two game tabs at the same time, then hit refresh on the game I loaded up first, roll20 will load up a second copy of the second game instead of refreshing the first game. Probably something to do with a global variable being overwritten. I wonder if something similar is causing the spell bug?
Vince said: Hi Rory, actually that's a feature... ;-) &nbsp;The idea is to try to compact some of the interface...&nbsp; And it's a feature I love love! :)
Kind of a random question, but would it be possible to add a Domains section to spells? It is the one thing I hear asked for more than anything else in my campaign.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What do you want as far as domains? In the .30 beta we added a checkbox for "isDomain" per spell, but that's it.&nbsp;

Edited 1454289676
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Courtney, there's a little box to mark a spell as Domain now. (v30 on the beta, spell level 0 only until we are sure on the repeating spell changes) Maybe we need to add a name field as well? &nbsp; How do you see domain-based spells differing from other spells in the spell section? &nbsp;Thanks should have refreshed... &nbsp;;-)
Another request for a future update. Any chance we can have a section (in the details, npc or a new tab) which has a place for player notes. Specifically, I would like a place to write down: NPCs met, and an additional line detailing who they are/what they did;&nbsp; I would like another space for places visited, and an additional line what happened there;&nbsp; And finally another space for quests, and a line detailing details of quests. Currently, I am using the abilities and attributes tab to keep track of this, but it would be nice if I could have it all in one location.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I find character sheet text fields to be inadequate at best for anything other than the simplest note. &nbsp;Maybe we could add some basic notes to the bottom of the Details Page... &nbsp;I always give each player a handout to act as a "campaign journal".
I seem to be having a minor problem with an NPC attack roll - I've tried adding the following into the macro text in the character sheet, but the header image doesn't change from the melee attack header image:&nbsp;{{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-ranged}} &nbsp;It used to work properly a couple of weeks ago when I was first setting this campaign up. &nbsp;Back then, I had created a standard macro that I'd paste in for the token macros and tested everything before I copied the whole campaign into a separate game, so I'd always have the original. &nbsp;Last night, while running the game, most of the token attack macros for the NPC's were broken, and I had to type in the %{selected|repeating_weapon_$X_attack-npc-roll} as we went along. &nbsp;While trying to fix everything so I'd be ready for the next session, I noticed this header issue. &nbsp;Also, the verbose macro seems to work in some NPC journals (with proper header images for ranged weapons), but not others. Here's a copy of the token macro text. &nbsp;It works in some of the journals, but not others, even when copied and pasted from one working journal to a non-working journal. /w gm &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee}}} {{character_name= @{character_title}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{repeating_weapon_0_name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-target} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability-mod}) ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ ([[ @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num} ]] * ([[ @{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} ]] - 1)) ]]d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ ([[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability-mod}) ]] * (@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{repeating_weapon_0_type}}} {{description=@{repeating_weapon_0_notes}}}

Edited 1454299049
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Timm, first check that you have header images set properly on the Config page. &nbsp;You do not need to include "{{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee}}} " in your template if you are using the macro-text on the sheet. &nbsp;header image will be included within "@{macro_options}" which is the Note Options settings found below the repeating attack. &nbsp;/w gm is also not needed since it's included as part of the default macro with "@{NPC-whisper}" This is the NPC whisper setting, also found on the Config page: Default NPC Attack: @{NPC-whisper} &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{description=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options}

Edited 1454301604
Magik
Sheet Author
For the Classes tab, "Class Features and Abilities" and Feats tab, when you hit the macro button, it will spit out the short description. I think that the reason that someone would actually want to hit the macro button is to spit out the full description like a copy/paste from the PRD/SRD. What do you think about changing this to the full description? A trivial matter, but on the Core tab, near the initiative macro button, you may want to add a separate button called TIE BREAKER or something similar so that players that tied can hit that will not touch the initiative tracker tool. I can see someone doing a roll off and screwing up their tracker initiative and causing the GM a headache and slow down the game. It should be really rare, but it happened twice in our last gaming session. On the Attacks tab, for the repeating attack entries, you may want to consider changing the options in parenthesis from check boxes to radial buttons since you only allow one active at a time and each change causes the sheet to hang while it calculates. Vince said: I find character sheet text fields to be inadequate at best for anything other than the simplest note. &nbsp;Maybe we could add some basic notes to the bottom of the Details Page... &nbsp;I always give each player a handout to act as a "campaign journal". I agree, the sheet with stats and such probably isn't the right place for this. The Bio & Info tab is a good place for this or a handout.

Edited 1454302562
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I use handouts for all those notes, since you can use formatting and html.. Your GM has to give you a note to write in though.. hmm.. maybe i should do that for my players. Though I already write out the quests for them and all the side quests particular characters may have that only they can see&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magik said: On the Attacks tab, for the repeating attack entries, you may want to consider changing the options in parenthesis from check boxes to radial buttons since you only allow one active at a time and each change causes the sheet to hang while it calculates. We are using a css trick here (checkbox that appears to be a radio button) because the same options are used on the NPC tab. &nbsp;I tried using a radio button, but it caused conflicts between the two. &nbsp;I can't recall the details at the moment, but I believe the status of the button had to be selected twice each time to make it stick... something like that. &nbsp;You really shouldn't have to change those settings very often, if ever, after making a decision...

Edited 1454305102
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magik said: For the Classes tab, "Class Features and Abilities" and Feats tab, when you hit the macro button, it will spit out the short description. I think that the reason that someone would actually want to hit the macro button is to spit out the full description like a copy/paste from the PRD/SRD. What do you think about changing this to the full description? A trivial matter, but on the Core tab, near the initiative macro button, you may want to add a separate button called TIE BREAKER or something similar so that players that tied can hit that will not touch the initiative tracker tool. I can see someone doing a roll off and screwing up their tracker initiative and causing the GM a headache and slow down the game. It should be really rare, but it happened twice in our last gaming session. While personally I like the longer descriptions, not everyone wants the chat spam. &nbsp;You can always alter the macro-text to use {{description=@{description}}} if you would like the long description. Tiebreaker... &nbsp;Just not sure it warrants including another button just for ties. &nbsp;The init calc adds the DEX-mod as a decimal already. &nbsp;On the rare occasion there's a tie, whomever shows up first on the tracker is the winner. ;-) Just my thoughts. &nbsp;Please keep up the suggestions.
Magik said: JLeeBly said: A bug that a fellow player and I came across last night that both of us were able to reproduce. When we had our character sheets popped out (or as a separate tab), anytime we clicked the roll button for a spell, it instead "expanded" the box to display macro text. The problem resolved itself when the macros were rolled from the character sheet when not &nbsp;using pop-out sheets. Not sure if this is a sheet or a Roll20 issue, but it seemed that all other macros functioned properly when popped-out. I've seen this before, but it only happened after having the pop-out window open for a while during a game. Closing the pop-out and opening it again cleared the issue. I believe that it may have to do with having a brief network blip where the two windows become out of synch, but I could be way off. If I get an opportunity tomorrow, I'll see if I can reproduce it. Anyone have a recommendation for a desktop recorder (something to produce the helpful gifs I see in this forum from time to time)? Was also using Win10/Chrome, other player was using Win?/Chrome.

Edited 1454385779
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Absolute favorite. &nbsp;Super simple.&nbsp; <a href="http://www.cockos.com/licecap/" rel="nofollow">http://www.cockos.com/licecap/</a>

Edited 1454408110
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Beta updated -&nbsp;Max HP field for armor/shield/weapon added - moved the hardness/hp/max hp on weapons to after the Weapon notes - small changes to newly added attribute names on the beta's spell level 0 (done for consistency) - removed index call/display on repeating sections to help with performance - increased width of ID field
Magik
Sheet Author
In Beta, some of the spell entry options will cause other entries to move around on the screen when you check/uncheck them. Some move so much that you can't keep your mouse in the same place to check then uncheck them because they have moved so far away. Not sure why this is and it is purely cosmetic. The affected options are:&nbsp;Casting Time, Components, Target, Duration, Saving Throw, Description, Caster Level Check, Spell Penetration Check, Concentration Check, Cast Defensively Check. Is there a mouse-over option that you can set on the repeating entry ID fields to copy the data into the clipboard? In other words, when you mouse-over one of these fields, have a selectable "Copy" button appear. Having the mouse-over turn into a circle with a cross through it makes it a little challenging to copy the text and there is added difficulty when the field display isn't wide enough. In the macro result in the chat window for spells, do you know why there is a semicolon after the spell's school? It isn't in the spell entry. When I went into the Beta spells on New Guy and looked at the first Ray of Frost entry, the CL was 11. I couldn't see anywhere why it would be 11. He is a 9th level wizard according to everything on his sheet. I changed the class drop-down for the spell from Class 0 to Class 1 then back and it fixed the error. I'm not sure how it got there, but that was the fix. Maybe someone can help try to figure out how to get it into that error state. When modifying the "Conc Mod" on a spell, it doesn't update/calculate it for the Conc field next to it. I put in some negative values in a spell entry for DC Mod, CL Mod, Conc Mod, and Spell Pen Mod to see if they would calculate properly and they did (except for Conc Mod; see above). Now whenever I try to use the spell macro button on the sheet, I get "No attribute was found for @{New Guy|spellPen}" and "No attribute was found for @{New Guy|Concentration}" even after resetting all of these values back to 0. The funny thing is that a macro button on the Macro Quick Bar that I created prior to this change is still functioning normally; only the sheet button is having the issue. Magik