Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Artistry skill total is not updating no matter what I do

Edited 1459113474
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian, do you have Unchained Skills and Background skills enabled from the Config Tab? I kind of think we should remove Artistry and Lore from All Skills and only show them as background to avoid any confusion... Thoughts?

Edited 1459121864
Vince said: Ian, do you have Unchained Skills and Background skills enabled from the Config Tab? I kind of think we should remove Artistry and Lore from All Skills and only show them as background to avoid any confusion... Thoughts? Oh, no, Unchained Skills was not enabled. I didn't realize I had changed that option. I suppose there is some confusion there, how I can enable the background skills but I have to display/enable the unchained skills also.

Edited 1459122355
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure Ian.  Artistry and Lore currently show all the time(regardless if you are using Unchained and Background Skills), but will only work (calculate) if you have Unchained Skills enabled and Background Skills emabled on the Config tab.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian N. said: Vince said: Ian, do you have Unchained Skills and Background skills enabled from the Config Tab? I kind of think we should remove Artistry and Lore from All Skills and only show them as background to avoid any confusion... Thoughts? Oh, no, Unchained Skills was not enabled. I didn't realize I had changed that option. I suppose there is some confusion there, how I can enable the background skills but I have to display/enable the unchained skills also. Background/Adventure/Consolidated are all Unchained skills and will only show if you enable Unchained.  Artistry and Lore are two background skills that show all the time, but I think I will remove them from the All Skills list. Also, maybe we need to hide the Consolidated and Background Option unless Unchained is enabled.  Yep.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
confirmed, i have the fix ready, we have a few things we are submitting tonight already. this was a simple fix. also i set it so the artistry and lore only show up in all skills if background skills are checked.
Hi, I checked the most recent couple of pages, but didn't find anything about it, so here's my issue: there's a weight spot on the Attacks page for each weapon, and a weight spot on the Defenses tab for each piece of armour, but neither seems to affect the Weight Worn or Total Weight in the encumbrance. Is this an oversight? Or, if not, why have a weight spot on those two tabs at all if we are going to have to enter it again on the Equipment page for total weight anyway?
Magik
Sheet Author
I think that someone requested that those fields be put there for tracking purposes, but that may have been the wrong place to put them. The Defenses tab entries for Armor & Shields are changing, so they will add to the total weight in a future sheet update. In Attacks, there definitely should not be a weight field since those are "attack entries" and not "weapon" entries. There can be several attack entries for the same weapon. Weapon weight should only be tracked in the Equipment section on the Items tab. I suppose you could track the weight on the Attacks tab, but you'd have to condition yourself to only put the weight in once for a given weapon and have zeros for any other attack entries that have the same weapon. To me, it is extra work and unnecessary duplication of effort. We'll probably remove the weight from attacks.
I saw some video showing the roll20 rules catalog used to import spells into the sheet - is this being worked on? If yes, when can it be expected to be implemented?
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
SorteKanin said: I saw some video showing the roll20 rules catalog used to import spells into the sheet - is this being worked on? If yes, when can it be expected to be implemented? The bad news is that that is not being worked on. The good news is that that's because it's already been done. :D Just search for the spell you want in the Compendium tab, then drag and drop the spell's name onto a blank (or not-blank, if you're cool with over-writing that spell) spell slot in the Spell tab's repeating section, and it will fill in the spell with the details in that spell's Compendium entry. Protip: you can do this with feats, as well.  If and when the Compendium includes entries for them, the class features, mythic features, racial traits, and traits sections are already set to accept Compendium drag-and-drop, as well.  The NPC tab is set up to receive Compendium drag and drop for creatures, but currently will only import some of the more basic stats.

Edited 1459285058
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I am about to merge all the spell lists into one (because 10 lists in the html is just too difficult to keep working esp if you make a tiny change), it's not all in beta yet (but it's all in my dev site) and it works fine. Right now I am working on outputting a mapping to the sheet containing old ID to new ID (you can't reuse IDs even though it's in a different repeating section, i found that out.. )  so that people can use it if needed to update their macros. Macros won't break right away, since we can't delete old rows from the sheetworkers. But you may want to keep in mind that repeating_lvl-0-spells_=kf932ief will change to repeating_spells_-3#FJ*#JFE* i know James you have some APIs that create macros, and others do too. And want to be sure it all goes smoothly. we may need a longer beta period for that change. that and I am thinking just today of writing javacript (I'd write powershell but then only the few of us windows developers could use it) to output the html for repeating sections, so when we do want to change vast portions of the sheet we can do it in one place then printout all the iterations, such as all the skills, etc which are exactly the same, but with different names.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
SorteKanin said: I saw some video showing the roll20 rules catalog used to import spells into the sheet - is this being worked on? If yes, when can it be expected to be implemented? currently you can import spells, feats, and to a far lesser extent monsters. Other stuff is ready for import but the compendium does not have them separated, such as class abilities. My next big task is monsters, and parsing out the attacks. i probably will rely on CreatureGen since he has done such an awesome job parsing to begin with, i have to check if the license will allow us to just copy the relevant parts of the code in.
I can't seem to find where to turn on background skills on the new update? Seems to be missing from the configuration tab. Was it moved?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you have to hit "show unchained skills" then the consolidated/background radio button will appear. we did this because you had to hit both and users were missing the first one to turn on unchained in the first place.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks like when the new bonus spell formula was put in place, you didn't put in a minimum of zero, meaning characters can end up with negative bonus spells... on spell levels they can't cast anyways, but still.

Edited 1459299123
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i'm not seeing this, it's just 0 for higher level and for negative int mod too. do you have conditions or buffs that affect caster level? (which should not be affecting bonus spells but ..) edit: i can't make it appear (actually i just found a bug where caster level buff is not showing up or being applied). i created new characters and it's still working for them too. hmm.. I pretty much copied it from you above: Math.floor(Math.max(Math.floor((abilityVal - 10) / 2) + 4 - i, 0) / 4)

Edited 1459495446
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Check out the beta sheet (link at top post) There are changes to HP and temp HP, spells, layout changes . The biggest change is the internal IDs of spells will change for macro users. The old ID to new ID mapping is printed on the config page. Macros will not break right away, but the old spell attributes will not be supported going forward. The old spells are printed on the config page and users can delete their old spells from there. This simplification of spells behind the scenes was necessary before taking on advanced spell changes such as linking attacks For hit points: changing max HP will update current hp (by the amount of change) Temp HP is now editable. There is a reset button to reset HP and temp hp to max. Other things being worked on: better syncing between equipment page and defense/attack pages. and more improvements to accessibility. (Slowly eliminating most px measurements , and looking into ways to make alternate roll templates for screen readers.) Except for the encumbrance and hp a lot of this work is cleanup to make the sheet easier to support and hopefully make it smaller and faster.

Edited 1459527920
When I enabled Unchained skills (background skills specifically) a few of them suddenly had a -1 modifier (noticed it when I was creating a new sheet. all stats 10, no other info added to sheet).  Skills affected: Heal, Perception, Survival.  No clue where this modifier is coming from, but these are the only skills affected.  This error affects both newly created and pre-existing sheets

Edited 1459539672
It's not calculating the total weights in the equipment section. Is it not finished yet? Or am I doing something wrong here? Edit: I had to change the charge qty for it to process it, not the weight... I suppose that makes sense.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Heather R. said: When I enabled Unchained skills (background skills specifically) a few of them suddenly had a -1 modifier (noticed it when I was creating a new sheet. all stats 10, no other info added to sheet).  Skills affected: Heal, Perception, Survival.  No clue where this modifier is coming from, but these are the only skills affected.  This error affects both newly created and pre-existing sheets Are you still having this problem Heather?  I'm not able to reproduce...  Made a new character, enabled Unchained skills and Background skills.  All Skills still show "0".  The skills you mentioned are all wisdom-based(by default).  Any chance of overlooking some adjustment to WIS?  Not sure otherwise.  Anyone else notice a problem?
Magik
Sheet Author
Nathan K. said: It's not calculating the total weights in the equipment section. Is it not finished yet? Or am I doing something wrong here? Edit: I had to change the charge qty for it to process it, not the weight... I suppose that makes sense. The charge/qty field is dual purpose for either keeping track of charges on the item or for how many of that item you have; not both. If you have both charges and max charges populated then the sheet will consider that you have only 1 of that item and not multiply the weight by the charges/qty field. However, if max charges is 0 then the weight is multiplied by the charges/qty. Not separating out charges/qty into separate fields is a matter of lack of room for everything on the sheet, so that is how it is set up to work.
Vince said: Heather R. said: When I enabled Unchained skills (background skills specifically) a few of them suddenly had a -1 modifier (noticed it when I was creating a new sheet. all stats 10, no other info added to sheet).  Skills affected: Heal, Perception, Survival.  No clue where this modifier is coming from, but these are the only skills affected.  This error affects both newly created and pre-existing sheets Are you still having this problem Heather?  I'm not able to reproduce...  Made a new character, enabled Unchained skills and Background skills.  All Skills still show "0".  The skills you mentioned are all wisdom-based(by default).  Any chance of overlooking some adjustment to WIS?  Not sure otherwise.  Anyone else notice a problem? I'm one of her players, and while I'm the only one in the campaign with that specific issue (on two separate sheets), several others have had random skill errors  (Some are inexplicably high, some are inexplicably low.)  there were no adjustments to wisdom that I could find, and Sense Motive was not affected.  Though for some reason adjusting skill points (adding one and then subtracting it, or vice versa) seems to fix the problem.

Edited 1459619654
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Heather and Jennifer. I'm thinking there may be an issue with skills not auto-calculating when changes are made that affect the total modifier.  It's good that you have found a workaround by manually adjusting skill points up/down( maybe even the recalc button...? ), but we need to try to isolate the issue.   It helps the sheet authors tremendously whenever the community is able to nail down a reproducible bug.  Please continue to test, we'll do the same, and if anyone finds the culprit, report back and we will get a fix for it ASAP. UPDATE:  definitely something amiss with our on change detection for recalculating skill totals.  Please continue to use up/down skill rank to force a proper total.  We'll get it nailed down.  Thanks
Hey, I'm not sure where the best place to ask this is, but the sheet has improved a lot since the last time I used Roll20 and I was wondering what the recommended way of implementing some common things was. I think once I work a few of these out, I'll have a better intuition for how to use the sheet in the future. How should I best implement Weapon Finesse? Just stick "@{DEX-mod} - @{STR-mod}" into ATK Mods for the relevant weapons to remove the STR bonus/penalty and add DEX? I was also generally wondering if there was an elegant "use the higher bonus" way to write a macro. I tried something like {@{DEX-mod} , @{STR-mod}}kh1, but that seems to just completely blow up that repeated row and causes a glitch where the "val" for ATK no longer responds correctly to input... I don't know if you just can't use "kh1" in that context or if my syntax is just wrong. How should I implement the Bard's Inspire Courage? I can successfully, dynamically calculate what that bonus should be. Should I just have everyone make a buff, check Melee/Ranged/DMG, put in the formula to figure out the Inspire Courage bonus, and call it a day? For the conditional +1 for saves vs. just fear and charm, is there any way to conditionally add notes for that ONLY when Inspire Courage is active?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For the melee attack if none is not a valid choice use whichever you use most, Dex or str, then yes adjust it in attack mod for the others just as you wrote. Use min (x,y) or max, not (x,y)kh1 or kl1 We just write +1..+x in  the buffs for attack damage and whatever else. And use the save notes field for conditional save bonuses so it's printed when a character saves and you know to add it.

Edited 1459637133
I'm having a new issue. I am making a new character and, when I set skills/level, it doesn't populate anything for the total and it shows I should have 0 skills in the skills tab. The character has a 7 INT (-2) and gets 4 skills/level (Barbarian), so it should show "2". Any known reason for this? Ignore all of this, I hadn't put "1" for "levels". Everything is behaving normally.
So there's a small problem I'm running into with the sheet, don't know if anyone has any brilliant ideas. I'm using the API with an older "attribute set" script; basically set an attribute to a value, pretty simple tool. However, attribute names used in this script are case-sensitive, and the 'get ID' function defaults everything to lowercase. If I needed to get the attribute names of a repeating item before, I could drop the rollable button in the macro bar, and get the properly cased version that way, but now that buffs are a repeating field and don't have a rollable button, I can no longer manipulate these as I want to. Any bright ideas on how to access the 'cased' version of the field? Or does someone want to hack away at this old script, and break the case sensitivity? I'd give it a shot, but I'm no scriptomancer. Thanks in advance!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you click on the arrow by "ID" you can get the id for each row, and pressing the button copies it to the chat area so you can select it. Hovering over an I put field will get you the rest of the name. repeating_buff_(idstr)_(buff)-macro-text I think, and each type of buff has slightly different capitalization. Also, if you ever set an attr with the wrong capitalization you have to make sure to delete it or the sheet will break. Deleting the row would fix that.
Magik
Sheet Author
Marcus D. said: How should I best implement Weapon Finesse? Just stick "@{DEX-mod} - @{STR-mod}" into ATK Mods for the relevant weapons to remove the STR bonus/penalty and add DEX? I was also generally wondering if there was an elegant "use the higher bonus" way to write a macro. I tried something like {@{DEX-mod} , @{STR-mod}}kh1, but that seems to just completely blow up that repeated row and causes a glitch where the "val" for ATK no longer responds correctly to input... I don't know if you just can't use "kh1" in that context or if my syntax is just wrong. If all of your melee attacks are appropriate to Weapon Finesse, then just change your Melee Ability drop-down to DEX at the top of the Attacks page. This also applies to CMB, so you can change that as well.

Edited 1459704057
CB
Pro
I was wonder if it might be a good idea to have two separate miscellaneous columns in the Skills Section.  One of my player's character is a kitsune rogue who gets to add her Intelligence modifier as a bonus to various social skills on top of her Charisma modifier.  While we can (and we currently do) put a static number as the modifier, there are going to be times when the stats themselves change as well (due to spells, poisons, etc.).  The point of the second miscellaneous column can be used to hold modifiers that require a formula to calculate the modifier (one that changes due to other factors, such as a stat modifier) or to hold a variable value (such as one that is based on character level or mythic tiers). What do you think? CB out.

Edited 1459704940
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
CB said: I was wonder if it might be a good idea to have two separate miscellaneous columns in the Skills Section.  One of my player's character is a kitsune rogue who gets to add her Intelligence modifier as a bonus to various social skills on top of her Charisma modifier.  While we can (and we currently do) put a static number as the modifier, there are going to be times when the stats themselves change as well (due to spells, poisons, etc.).  The point of the second miscellaneous column can be used to hold modifiers that require a formula to calculate the modifier (one that changes due to other factors, such as a stat modifier) or to hold a variable value (such as one that is based on character level or mythic tiers). What do you think? CB out. I would use the macro-text field to add any additional mods outside of what's included on the row for the total skill calc. ie Bluff macro-text could be changed to @{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=Bluff}} {{Check=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Bluff} ]] + [[@{INT-mod}]][INT] ]]}}
I love the changes you've been making to the sheets lately, guys. In the inventory, I noticed the new "Location" drop-down. Is there a way to edit/modify/add items to that list right now? If I happen to have a portable hole, a donkey and a stash, that'd be a super convenient way to indicate exactly where a specific item is sitting.
Adding the modifier(s) in the macro-text field is a good idea normally, but would it work with using a drop-down menu prompt in a macro for a token action?  Currently we use a token action that gives the player a list of skills to select from and it resolves the action by rolling a 1d20 + the final modifier for the skill.  I suppose I can, for the player of the kitsune rogue, edit the macro for her skills token action to include the Intelligence modifier. It is certainly a simple matter to do; it just means that I have to do that for every character that has similar variable modifiers to any of their skill checks if I use that macro.  I tried doing a macro that gives a list of Skills that calls on the skill check rolls directly from the sheet but it never works out properly.  Oh well.  C'est la vie.  It was just a wishful thinking on my part.
chris b. said: If you click on the arrow by "ID" you can get the id for each row, and pressing the button copies it to the chat area so you can select it. Hovering over an I put field will get you the rest of the name. repeating_buff_(idstr)_(buff)-macro-text I think, and each type of buff has slightly different capitalization. Does this make my issue a little clearer? I was pretty tired last night. To reiterate, my problem isn't that I'm struggling to find the IDs, but as this picture demonstrates, the IDs displayed defaults all alphabetical characters to lowercase. Since the script I'm using is case sensitive, is there a way to access Row IDs with their proper capitalization. I'm using Google Chrome on a MacBook on the Dev server, if that would at all be a factor. ...and I just realized that I can click & drag the 'Post ID' button to macro bar to get this result. Thanks for your help, Chris; I'm posting this here in case someone else runs into a similar issue, or the forced-lowercase is something it isn't supposed to be doing.
Hello there First of a big thank you to all the team for all the work that has gone into this. Have been working on updating Cleric spells and have been testing them also on the beta server. Think I may of found a bug. On the Beta server ( Above) in the spell macro's its not recording Caster Lv or DC. But in a my own game ( Below) it is. Strange thing is in the CL Check on the beta it is recording the Caster Level Cheers Frank
Magik
Sheet Author
Varis said: I love the changes you've been making to the sheets lately, guys. In the inventory, I noticed the new "Location" drop-down. Is there a way to edit/modify/add items to that list right now? If I happen to have a portable hole, a donkey and a stash, that'd be a super convenient way to indicate exactly where a specific item is sitting. We haven't found a way to dynamically update drop down fields, so they will remain static for now. I am adding the worn locations to this then will eliminate the separate section that we currently have

Edited 1459717101
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
CB said: Adding the modifier(s) in the macro-text field is a good idea normally, but would it work with using a drop-down menu prompt in a macro for a token action?  Currently we use a token action that gives the player a list of skills to select from and it resolves the action by rolling a 1d20 + the final modifier for the skill.  I suppose I can, for the player of the kitsune rogue, edit the macro for her skills token action to include the Intelligence modifier. It is certainly a simple matter to do; it just means that I have to do that for every character that has similar variable modifiers to any of their skill checks if I use that macro.  I tried doing a macro that gives a list of Skills that calls on the skill check rolls directly from the sheet but it never works out properly.  Oh well.  C'est la vie.  It was just a wishful thinking on my part. You're correct that adjusting the macro would not help if you are using an ability/token's drop-down query macro that calls the total skill mod directly. The skills page is obviously stuffed to the max with columns, so adding another column for misc-2 is probably not practical. The current set-up allows for a primary attribute and 4 different modifiers.  For now, you could use another "un-used" column if available.  I know this only allows a static modifier, but it's one method. Perhaps we can change the current Misc column to accept macro-text...
Suggestion and/or Feature Request: (Hope this is the right place for it) Would it be possible to somehow highlight spells in my spellbook that I have prepared?  I'm thinking just a light fill color in the UI block, or maybe an outline around the spell description.  Seems like it should be possible to do some conditional formatting based on the numeric value in the "prepared" field.  Basically, IF: Prepared =/= 0, THEN: Highlight User story here is that I've got a pretty extensive spellbook, only a small fraction of which I have prepared at any given time.  It would be nice to be able to easy glance through my spellbook to see the spells I have prepared.  Just scanning for "1"s and "0"s in the "prepared" field is pretty time consuming.
Actually, would it not be ideal to have the racial, feats, items, and miscellaneous columns in the Skills section to accept macro-text?  I know that there are several different feats and items that apply a bonus to the same skill, and with macro-text you can keep track of where each bonus is coming from by using inline brackets.  For example, a character could have an alchemical bonus, a competence bonus, an enhancement bonus, an untype bonus, etc., all to the same skill.  At low levels, that's not a problem to keep track of but at mid-levels and up, it gets progressively harder to remember if you have correctly applied every bonus you need to a skill (and in a mythic campaign, phew, those modifiers start racking up). I have no idea how hard would such a suggestion would be to implement by you guys, nor do I know if it is even feasible or entirely practical for everyone.  I mean, is it even something that other people want to see in the character sheet? [honest query here, no sarcasm intended] CB out.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Forge: I like the idea. We'll investigate our options. @CB: The short description, description and the macro-text fields all accept macro-text.  I believe we will change the Skill misc to macro-text as well.  ;-) 
Magik
Sheet Author
Forge said: Suggestion and/or Feature Request: (Hope this is the right place for it) Would it be possible to somehow highlight spells in my spellbook that I have prepared?  I'm thinking just a light fill color in the UI block, or maybe an outline around the spell description.  Seems like it should be possible to do some conditional formatting based on the numeric value in the "prepared" field.  Basically, IF: Prepared =/= 0, THEN: Highlight User story here is that I've got a pretty extensive spellbook, only a small fraction of which I have prepared at any given time.  It would be nice to be able to easy glance through my spellbook to see the spells I have prepared.  Just scanning for "1"s and "0"s in the "prepared" field is pretty time consuming. Repeating entry tables can now have their entries moved around. You may want to consider moving those that are prepared to the top.

Edited 1459768214
does anyone know how to fix crit damage in macro so it doesn't have the "+" in front of the number? I'm trying to make it just show the multiplier and not reroll the damage. so far i have: {{crit_damage=x@{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-multiplier}}} but this returns "+x2" confused :(
I hope its OK to request a feature here?   So we have been using sheets since day 1, they are *amazing*.  But occasionally changes confuse the bejeezus out of my players now leveling to 11th.  After fixing their skill points, this is an example of a "correct" and legal build: 99 - 87 = 0 is driving my players up a wall.  In order for this to make sense, they need to know to go to the gear wheel tab on far right of screen, and look under the unchained box, and see they have a value of 12 in "Trade Adventure ranks for Background Ranks"  Is there any way to have this changed to show that?  As in, 99 (Max skill ranks) - 87 (total skill ranks) - 12 (Traded ranks) = 0 / 0 ?? Thanks for all the wonderrful work!  the Encumbrance page brought me closer to shedding tears of joy than my best friend telling me he was engaged haha!
Magik
Sheet Author
Eric said: does anyone know how to fix crit damage in macro so it doesn't have the "+" in front of the number? I'm trying to make it just show the multiplier and not reroll the damage. so far i have: {{crit_damage=x@{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-multiplier}}} but this returns "+x2" confused :( The + is built into the template and crit_damage= populate the data for the template. You can avoid using the template by changing the name to something like CritMult=x@{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-multiplier}}} and have CritMult appear at the bottom of your attack.
Magik
Sheet Author
Magik said: Varis said: I love the changes you've been making to the sheets lately, guys. In the inventory, I noticed the new "Location" drop-down. Is there a way to edit/modify/add items to that list right now? If I happen to have a portable hole, a donkey and a stash, that'd be a super convenient way to indicate exactly where a specific item is sitting. We haven't found a way to dynamically update drop down fields, so they will remain static for now. I am adding the worn locations to this then will eliminate the separate section that we currently have I could add some generic static fields like "Backpack", "Sack 1", "Sack 2", "Pouch 1", "Pouch 2", "Steed", "Home". Any other suggestions?

Edited 1459788413
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: @Forge: I like the idea. We'll investigate our options. @CB: The short description, description and the macro-text fields all accept macro-text.  I believe we will change the Skill misc to macro-text as well.  ;-)  one field would work as well, since you can always do @{level} + floor((@level}+3)/2) + @{something_else} since if we did every field, there'd be no room for the "result" columns to be displayed, which would be confusing for the average user to not see until we can have different buff types add up differently throughout the sheet (which is a nightmare in and of itself) there isn't a big need to split them all up. For skills it's just easier on users to have the different columns since then they won't forget where adjustments come from and it's similar to the paper sheet they may be used to.  another idea would be a expandable section that has more types and entries. Since another need some have pointed out is a note per skill to write context sensitive buffs notes in, instead of one note for all skills. There is just no room :) Plus the macro fields are really slow, so the more there are the more it slows down the sheet. Right now if I enter a number like a strength buff, it takes several seconds before attacks and skills are updated. I can even tab over and look and think "uh oh it's not updating something is wrong" and then finally it updates and I realize it's just really slow. The more we add the slower and more complicated the sheet gets and the harder it is for users to use. We already see complaints it's too big and slow and complicated.

Edited 1459788510
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Magik said: Forge said: Suggestion and/or Feature Request: (Hope this is the right place for it) Would it be possible to somehow highlight spells in my spellbook that I have prepared?  I'm thinking just a light fill color in the UI block, or maybe an outline around the spell description.  Seems like it should be possible to do some conditional formatting based on the numeric value in the "prepared" field.  Basically, IF: Prepared =/= 0, THEN: Highlight Repeating entry tables can now have their entries moved around. You may want to consider moving those that are prepared to the top. I suppose we could just say if the field is <=0 or blank, then make the background/border one thing, and if the field is >0 then something else. that would be the simplest. Anything else would require us to restrict the uses field which could break people's sheets.  we could do the same for class abilities then and others, though.. i suppose only if max is >0. We'd have to come up with something that still is easy to display and also apparent to colorblind players or those using accessibility tools

Edited 1459788929
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: I hope its OK to request a feature here?   99 - 87 = 0 is driving my players up a wall.  In order for this to make sense, they need to know to go to the gear wheel tab on far right of screen, and look under the unchained box, and see they have a value of 12 in "Trade Adventure ranks for Background Ranks"  Is there any way to have this changed to show that?  As in, 99 (Max skill ranks) - 87 (total skill ranks) - 12 (Traded ranks) = 0 / 0 ?? Thanks for all the wonderrful work!  the Encumbrance page brought me closer to shedding tears of joy than my best friend telling me he was engaged haha! yes that's on the list (see "suggestions" section of the top post in this thread) that is probably the next thing I'm going to tackle since we have a lot of updates in beta already 

Edited 1459791182
I have two feature requests. The first off is an unchained Poisons and Disease section. Me and my party are using the poison and diseases from the Unchained section since they made much more sense. With how they work, I'm thinking there could be a drop down menu for each type of poison and disease, since it's not based off of ability damage anymore, and I feel it would be easier to track on a sheet. My second request is on the value of items in the items menu. I'd like the options for decimals to be in use, as well as the value of the item being calculated like weight, where the quantity multiplies the cost. As for the decimal places, We like to use that to keep track of silver and copper pieces. This would also make it much easier to keep track of the money we spend as well as how much worth we have in our inventory. EDIT: Oh, also, when it comes to Artistry, when we roll it, it doesn't add the name of the artistry check we're attempting, in our case: Calligraphy. It just shows {Artistry} and then the skill roll.
Magik said: Magik said: Varis said: I love the changes you've been making to the sheets lately, guys. In the inventory, I noticed the new "Location" drop-down. Is there a way to edit/modify/add items to that list right now? If I happen to have a portable hole, a donkey and a stash, that'd be a super convenient way to indicate exactly where a specific item is sitting. We haven't found a way to dynamically update drop down fields, so they will remain static for now. I am adding the worn locations to this then will eliminate the separate section that we currently have I could add some generic static fields like "Backpack", "Sack 1", "Sack 2", "Pouch 1", "Pouch 2", "Steed", "Home". Any other suggestions? My players' characters each have a handy haversack , and there is at least one bag of holding .  I think Carried (implies that it is on the character's person physically somewhere and thus actual weight there), Haversack (this has a fixed weight amount and can absorb up to X amount of weight from other items stored in it so only the weight of the haversack  itself applies but it is still carried by the character), Storage (this can apply to pretty much any form of mundane storage, whether it be a chest or a horse, that is not physically being carried by the character), and Portable Hole (same as the Haversack , except that it can carry a lot more weight inside) are probably all the locations we need defined for determining when an item that is not worn is counted for the purposes of encumbrance. Lol, the only thing I personally have to keep track of is when the party puts stuff inside the cursed bag of holding that they recently found (they're not aware that it is actually a bag of devouring yet because they haven't used it yet). ;) CB out.