Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Magik
Sheet Author
It doesn't look like @{init-misc-mod} is being added to @{init} when you use a macro in @{init-misc}. I used the refresh and it doesn't update. Without looking at the code, my guess would be that @{init} is using @{init-misc} when coming up with a total instead of @{init-misc-mod}. When I put in a basic number for @{init-misc}, I have to hit refresh for it to calculate.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
See if you have other character sheets with the same name.  Init will pull the data from only one of the sheets.  I wonder if this "cross-linking" happens with other macro's as well? example: 2 Giant Frogs, One named "Giant Frog" and another named "Copy of Giant Frog".  As soon as I rename "Copy of Giant Frog" to just "Giant Frog", the init info is pulled from the first sheet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magik said: It doesn't look like @{init-misc-mod} is being added to @{init} when you use a macro in @{init-misc}. I used the refresh and it doesn't update. Without looking at the code, my guess would be that @{init} is using @{init-misc} when coming up with a total instead of @{init-misc-mod}. When I put in a basic number for @{init-misc}, I have to hit refresh for it to calculate. Basic number works for me, but macro does not...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Magik your're right.  this      updateInit = function () {         SWUtils.updateRowTotal(["init", "init-ability-mod", "init-trait", "init-misc"], 0, ["condition-Deafened"]);     }, should be     updateInit = function () {         SWUtils.updateRowTotal(["init", "init-ability-mod", "init-trait", " init-misc-mod "], 0, ["condition-Deafened"]);     }, We'll get it patched up.

Edited 1473856447
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ack I can't believe it, I should have just used search and replace 
I'm curious why you added a Bio and Description area on the sheet? Roll20 already provides an area for Bio. It just seems really odd to me, especially since the box is so small.

Edited 1473908828
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Courtney R. said: I'm curious why you added a Bio and Description area on the sheet? Roll20 already provides an area for Bio. It just seems really odd to me, especially since the box is so small. In beta v66, both boxes have been reduced to row height, but made vertically resizable like other textarea boxes on the sheet.  Chris can comment on his thought process for adding them..., but I like that the bio is within the sheet as an attribute.  Not sure how/why I would use description.  Maybe better suited for NPC's...
Vince said: In beta v66, both boxes have been reduced to row height, but made vertically resizable like other textarea boxes on the sheet.  Chris can comment on his thought process for adding them..., but I like that the bio is within the sheet as an attribute.  Not sure how/why I would use description.  Maybe better suited for NPC's... The reason I am against this is because as an attribute field, it means it can be selected with @{target|bio}. Now I know everyone says "You should trust your players", but I have a hundred (Approximately) people in my LC. Plus, I find it far easier to just use the normal Bio, as it kind of fits better there rather than clog up space on the main sheet. Of course, I don't need to use it, but it is going to cause a great amount of confusion for my new players. However, I do like the description, though most of my players just use a "/e sdngsgslkgm" macro. Maybe it would be possible that the description could be done like this?

Edited 1473933677
Hey all, thanks for all the work on this sheet. Came here originally to ask about formula for adding extra damage to attacks (when I use Shocking Grasp with my normal attack as a Magus, I wanted it to say the attack roll, the attack damage, and the shocking grasp damage all on separate lines within the chart). Got that working after doing some reading through this thread... I needed [[ ]] around the 2d6. Anyhow, thanks for that addition, it's really great. I'm wondering if there is a way to do this for spells that do damage, or if that feature could be added. For instance, if I use just my Shocking Grasp without casting it through my weapon using the Magus abilities, it would be great to have a "Touch Attack" line and a "Damage" line in the chart with all the other spell options. Currently in order to get those rolls, I have it written in underneath all the other macro options as such: Touch Attack: /r 1d20+@{Aelar Vandiir|class-0-bab}+@{Aelar Vandiir|Str-mod} Damage: /r @{spellclass-0-level}d6 Only problem with this is it isn't quite as nice as if it were in the chart itself as the touch attack roll and the damage roll after the spell chart pops up. It's just a touch clunkier than it could be. Is there any way to add a "Damage" line to the spell chart when rolling, in the same way I added the "Shocking Grasp" line to the attack? It feels like it should be a "Spell Roll Option" that can be input and then checked to be included in your spells. In any case, thanks for any help.

Edited 1473939827
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I forgot about that field, we can remove it. just remove bio not description? hmm yeah i think if we make /e @{description} in a roll button that would work.. Not sure I've ever used /e I guess description does overlap hair, eyes, etc that is already there... perhaps those could be added to the end of the description emoted to the chat (i assume e means emote.. )
Magik
Sheet Author
Dustin H. said: Hey all, thanks for all the work on this sheet. Came here originally to ask about formula for adding extra damage to attacks (when I use Shocking Grasp with my normal attack as a Magus, I wanted it to say the attack roll, the attack damage, and the shocking grasp damage all on separate lines within the chart). Got that working after doing some reading through this thread... I needed [[ ]] around the 2d6. Anyhow, thanks for that addition, it's really great. I'm wondering if there is a way to do this for spells that do damage, or if that feature could be added. For instance, if I use just my Shocking Grasp without casting it through my weapon using the Magus abilities, it would be great to have a "Touch Attack" line and a "Damage" line in the chart with all the other spell options. Currently in order to get those rolls, I have it written in underneath all the other macro options as such: Touch Attack: /r 1d20+@{Aelar Vandiir|class-0-bab}+@{Aelar Vandiir|Str-mod} Damage: /r @{spellclass-0-level}d6 Only problem with this is it isn't quite as nice as if it were in the chart itself as the touch attack roll and the damage roll after the spell chart pops up. It's just a touch clunkier than it could be. Is there any way to add a "Damage" line to the spell chart when rolling, in the same way I added the "Shocking Grasp" line to the attack? It feels like it should be a "Spell Roll Option" that can be input and then checked to be included in your spells. In any case, thanks for any help. Add this to the end of your Shocking Grasp spell's macro: {{attack=[[1d20cs>20+@{attk-melee}]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[1d20+@{attk-melee}]]}} {{damage=[[ [[{@{casterlevel},5}dh1]]d6]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[{@{casterlevel},5}dh1]]d6]]}} Your spell entry will look something like this: You'll end up with a spell result something that looks like this in the chat window: Now, how I got to this point is by reviewing the  Pathfinder Character sheet page's templates . I can see there the list of Properties. Since there aren't easy-to-use fields in the spell entry itself for attack, damage, crit_confirm, and crit_damage, we need to add them manually. I believe that this feature addition is planned, but we are trying to keep the number of attributes low for character sheet speed reasons. Now for the touch attack, you use {{attack=[[1d20cs>20+@{attk-melee}]]}}. If you have some way of improving your threat range on critical hits for spells then you'll need to adjust the cs>20 to set the 20 to a lower value. If you are making a spell for a ranged touch attack, then change the @{attk-melee} to @{attk-ranged}. These are the total of your bonuses at the top of the Attacks tab, so you don't have to add them up in this spell's macro. Using these values will also help keep you from having to keep touching this macro, such as if you get a feat that allows you to use your Int bonus for touch attacks, you'd have to update the macro the way that you had it (/r 1d20+@{Aelar Vandiir|class-0-bab}+@{Aelar Vandiir|Str-mod}). If you have some bonuses for touch attacks from something else, then add it after @{attk-melee}, such as @{attk-melee}+4[description]. It is always good to document where you got bonuses from with the [description] option in rolls, such as +3[opponent has metal armor/weapon]. Critical hit confirmation is simply the same attack roll you used above for {{attack}} except if you have something that improves upon it, so we end up with: {{crit_confirm=[[1d20+@{attk-melee}]]}}  Note that we don't need the cs>20 here. Since the spell's damage is 1d6 per level up to 5d6, we need to use your level and the limitation in the roll calculation. {{damage=[[ [[{@{casterlevel},5}dh1]]d6]]}}  The @{casterlevel} will include caster level bonuses, condition penalties, and bonuses applied to this particular spell entry so use that. This comes from looking at the mouse-over pop-up for "CL" in the spell where it shows @{repeating_spells_$X_casterlevel}. You would have to use the full syntax if you were referring to this property from elsewhere in the character sheet, but when called within its own repeating entry, you can just use the last part "casterlevel" like I did here. The "dh1" stands for drop highest one, which compares {@{casterlevel},5} your caster level and 5, dropping the 11 from the screenshot above, leaving you with 5 to line up against the d6 for 5d6. Critical hit damage is just the damage roll again at x2 multiplier, which gives us the same damage text as the standard damage. {{crit_damage=[[ [[{@{casterlevel},5}dh1]]d6]]}}  If you found a way to increase your multiplier for the spell then you'd have to increase the number of dice (effectively), so you could put [[ 2* {@{casterlevel},5}dh1]] for a x3 multiplier, etc. The standard attack macros have this, which pulls field information from what you entered in the attack to simplify it: [[ @{damage-dice-num} * [[ @{crit-multiplier} - 1 ]] ]]d@{damage-die} Magik

Edited 1473973864
Magik said: ..... Magik Wow, thank you very much. That was all really great info and I was able to follow it fairly easily. I remember looking at the template page and just not knowing where to start. The syntax was confusing me on what I needed to be using to get it into the chart. That is exactly what I needed and actually gives me a lot of info to fix other areas of my sheet too. Thanks a ton!
Magik
Sheet Author
Happy to help! Let me know what needs further clarification so that I can better relate this to other people in the future. Also, if you want to post a list of other spells that you need help setting up attacks for then we can start a little library of them here and then onto the Wiki.

Edited 1473980496
Magik said: Happy to help! Let me know what needs further clarification so that I can better relate this to other people in the future. Also, if you want to post a list of other spells that you need help setting up attacks for then we can start a little library of them here and then onto the Wiki. Only other ones I did was Burning Hands, Color Spray (rolls for the # of rounds), Ray of Enfeeblement, and the Acid Splash and Ray of Frost cantrips. But I'm still only level 2 with this character, so there are more to come. Frigid Touch will be another one once I get there. For these other spells it was pretty easy to cut and paste and make the modifications I needed to. For instance, the ranged touch changes. As well, my main attack that you linked to actually uses DEX due to my Weapon Finess feat. I just had to change that to "attk-melee2" to use the alt attack that was set up for STR (therefore a touch attack). I had to play with it a little to figure out how to do half spellcaster level, with the dh1 you used, but I figured it out that the "/2" just had to be outside: {{damage=[[ [[{@{casterlevel}/2,5}dh1]]d6]]}} My main issue overall was figuring out how to get it all to go into the chart and look nice (that the syntax of using the {{ }} put it into a new line in the chart). That and to use [[ ]] to make macros work when /r wouldn't. That was the only thing from above that wasn't 100% clear above or in the link you posted. Maybe it's a basic thing of making macros and not specific to this sheet so maybe it's somewhere else. But after that it wasn't bad at all and your explaination was very well done. EDIT: Since you mentioned the Wiki, when I was trying to figure out how to add Shocking Grasp damage to a Rapier attack, the Wiki didn't even have "Extra Dmg" listed as an option. Maybe just out of date, but figured I should mention it. I actually had to go through all the pages on this thread doing a CTRL+F to find "Extra" on all pages after the update until I found an explanation one of you had given another person. My issue there was simply not using [[ ]] in the macro box (when I had 1d6, it would just read off 1d6, but once I saw that, then it rolled it). Was a round a bout way to figure it out, to say the least. But again, that might be my misunderstanding that I needed the brackets.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sounds like you've got the hang of it Dustin. &nbsp;You can find more general info about Roll Templates here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll_Templates" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll_Templates</a>
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Dustin H. said: EDIT: Since you mentioned the Wiki, when I was trying to figure out how to add Shocking Grasp damage to a Rapier attack, the Wiki didn't even have "Extra Dmg" listed as an option. Maybe just out of date, but figured I should mention it. I actually had to go through all the pages on this thread doing a CTRL+F to find "Extra" on all pages after the update until I found an explanation one of you had given another person. My issue there was simply not using [[ ]] in the macro box (when I had 1d6, it would just read off 1d6, but once I saw that, then it rolled it). Was a round a bout way to figure it out, to say the least. But again, that might be my misunderstanding that I needed the brackets. You're right. &nbsp;Our wiki needs to be updated. &nbsp;We've made so many changes to the sheet it's difficult to keep up... I'll make sure to add the latest roll template keys to the list. &nbsp;Thanks
Magik
Sheet Author
Dustin H. said: For these other spells it was pretty easy to cut and paste and make the modifications I needed to. For instance, the ranged touch changes. As well, my main attack that you linked to actually uses DEX due to my Weapon Finess feat. I just had to change that to "attk-melee2" to use the alt attack that was set up for STR (therefore a touch attack). I had to play with it a little to figure out how to do half spellcaster level, with the dh1 you used, but I figured it out that the "/2" just had to be outside: {{damage=[[ [[{@{casterlevel}/2,5}dh1]]d6]]}} Good catch with the attk-melee2, but I actually believe that Weapon Finesse works with melee touch attacks that are "armed" like when you have are holding a charge from a spell. I could only find heresay in the community, but it seems right from what I saw. Dustin H. said: For these other spells it was pretty easy to cut and paste and make the modifications I needed to. For instance, the ranged touch changes. As well, my main attack that you linked to actually uses DEX due to my Weapon Finess feat. I just had to change that to "attk-melee2" to use the alt attack that was set up for STR (therefore a touch attack). I had to play with it a little to figure out how to do half spellcaster level, with the dh1 you used, but I figured it out that the "/2" just had to be outside: {{damage=[[ [[{@{casterlevel}/2,5}dh1]]d6]]}} Technically, you should apply rounding to the math when you are dividing, which is done through the floor() function. It wouldn't show up for your 2nd level Magus as a problem until 3rd. So change your damage to&nbsp;{{damage=[[ [[{floor(@{casterlevel}/2),5}dh1]]d6]]}} &nbsp;Otherwise, well done.
Magik
Sheet Author
Let's not get into a debate here about the weapon finesse thing. Let's leave it with, "consult your GM."

Edited 1473998337
Magik said: Dustin H. said: For these other spells it was pretty easy to cut and paste and make the modifications I needed to. For instance, the ranged touch changes. As well, my main attack that you linked to actually uses DEX due to my Weapon Finess feat. I just had to change that to "attk-melee2" to use the alt attack that was set up for STR (therefore a touch attack). I had to play with it a little to figure out how to do half spellcaster level, with the dh1 you used, but I figured it out that the "/2" just had to be outside: {{damage=[[ [[{@{casterlevel}/2,5}dh1]]d6]]}} Good catch with the attk-melee2, but I actually believe that Weapon Finesse works with melee touch attacks that are "armed" like when you have are holding a charge from a spell. I could only find heresay in the community, but it seems right from what I saw. Dustin H. said: For these other spells it was pretty easy to cut and paste and make the modifications I needed to. For instance, the ranged touch changes. As well, my main attack that you linked to actually uses DEX due to my Weapon Finess feat. I just had to change that to "attk-melee2" to use the alt attack that was set up for STR (therefore a touch attack). I had to play with it a little to figure out how to do half spellcaster level, with the dh1 you used, but I figured it out that the "/2" just had to be outside: {{damage=[[ [[{@{casterlevel}/2,5}dh1]]d6]]}} Technically, you should apply rounding to the math when you are dividing, which is done through the floor() function. It wouldn't show up for your 2nd level Magus as a problem until 3rd. So change your damage to&nbsp;{{damage=[[ [[{floor(@{casterlevel}/2),5}dh1]]d6]]}} &nbsp;Otherwise, well done. Makes sense, thanks. I was simply planning to just round down myself, but that works better. EDIT: Haha, I see the issue. Hard to roll 21.5d6 and get a proper result. However, I copied what you wrote and it isn't rolling at all. If I take the floor out, it does. Can't find anything about how to use it, but something must be off? EDIT 2: Got it figured out, though I don't know why mine works and yours didn't. Here's what I came up with: {{damage=[[ [[floor(@{casterlevel}*.5),5}dh1]]d6]]}}&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Just didn't have the { before "floor". Also changed /2 to *.5, but it didn't work with *.5 before hand either. Ah well.
Magik
Sheet Author
It looks like you have to force the floor() function to process by surrounding it with [[ ]]; otherwise, it will just display what is inside like you are speaking it in the chat window. So your change of the /2 to *.5 didn't fix anything; it was you moving the floor() to be forced to calculate.
chris b. said: I forgot about that field, we can remove it. just remove bio not description? hmm yeah i think if we make /e @{description} in a roll button that would work.. Not sure I've ever used /e I guess description does overlap hair, eyes, etc that is already there... perhaps those could be added to the end of the description emoted to the chat (i assume e means emote.. ) /e is the same as /me or /em, just shorter. As for the Bio and Desc box, description is fine with me, just Bio seems like a needless field.
Hello PF Sheet braintrust! &nbsp; Bit of background, then a question: In the past, I have been able to throw attributes from other sheets into macros, such as for the&nbsp; Spiritual Ally spell. &nbsp;I had a cleric player that was very fond of that spell and having a sheet for it that updated with his character was really handy. &nbsp; I've got a game I'm about to start up wherein a druid will be doing a lot of summoning. &nbsp;We're putting together sheets for his common summons to save time in-game and I've run into a hitch when trying to add the&nbsp; Gird Ally spell as a buff on the summoned creatures' sheets. &nbsp;I've put the macro&nbsp; [[ 1 + [[floor( @{character name|spellclass-0-level-total} / 6 )]] ]] in for AC and Touch. &nbsp;I've had a lot of varying results on the auto-calc of this, with the majority of results just being blank. &nbsp;I've put that same text into the text box, hit enter, and have gotten the correct answer every time. &nbsp;Is there something I'm doing wrong within the buffs, or will the buff section just not pull from other sheets?

Edited 1474047965
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joshua F. said: Hello PF Sheet braintrust! &nbsp; Bit of background, then a question: In the past, I have been able to throw attributes from other sheets into macros, such as for the&nbsp; Spiritual Ally spell. &nbsp;I had a cleric player that was very fond of that spell and having a sheet for it that updated with his character was really handy. &nbsp; I've got a game I'm about to start up wherein a druid will be doing a lot of summoning. &nbsp;We're putting together sheets for his common summons to save time in-game and I've run into a hitch when trying to add the&nbsp; Gird Ally spell as a buff on the summoned creatures' sheets. &nbsp;I've put the macro&nbsp; [[ 1 + [[floor( @{character name|spellclass-0-level-total} / 6 )]] ]] in for AC and Touch. &nbsp;I've had a lot of varying results on the auto-calc of this, with the majority of results just being blank. &nbsp;I've put that same text into the text box, hit enter, and have gotten the correct answer every time. &nbsp;Is there something I'm doing wrong within the buffs, or will the buff section just not pull from other sheets? Chris can/will probably answer this fully... but my understanding is that the&nbsp;getAttrs function is used to get attribute data from the sheet, not from other sheets. &nbsp;Sheet workers are used for the calculations of nearly every attribute on the PF sheet, so I'm not sure pulling attribute data from other sheets into another is going to work. &nbsp;It works in chat since this is "post" sheet calc. &nbsp;If that makes sense.
I may be missing something but I can't seem to locate where to modify the spell dc for having feats like spell focus, etc
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Clint said: I may be missing something but I can't seem to locate where to modify the spell dc for having feats like spell focus, etc Use the Misc subsection under your spell.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Vince said: Dustin H. said: EDIT: Since you mentioned the Wiki, when I was trying to figure out how to add Shocking Grasp damage to a Rapier attack, the Wiki didn't even have "Extra Dmg" listed as an option. Maybe just out of date, but figured I should mention it. I actually had to go through all the pages on this thread doing a CTRL+F to find "Extra" on all pages after the update until I found an explanation one of you had given another person. My issue there was simply not using [[ ]] in the macro box (when I had 1d6, it would just read off 1d6, but once I saw that, then it rolled it). Was a round a bout way to figure it out, to say the least. But again, that might be my misunderstanding that I needed the brackets. You're right. &nbsp;Our wiki needs to be updated. &nbsp;We've made so many changes to the sheet it's difficult to keep up... I'll make sure to add the latest roll template keys to the list. &nbsp;Thanks Actually, I re-read your edit. ;-) "Extra Dmg" isn't listed because it is an undefined key in the pf_attack roll template. Defined keys, like the ones listed on the wiki have coded formatting and/or logic applied to them. &nbsp;ie attack, damage, crit_confirm, etc. All undefined keys will still be included in the macro's output, usually at the bottom after all defined keys have been displayed. &nbsp;This allows for users to include any extra information/rolls for customization, etc. &nbsp;Hope this helps. &nbsp;Cheers
Knowledge (Religion) seems to not apply the rank value, and thus, treats the roll as untrained. All other Knowledge skills seem to function properly. The link contains an image as evidence and I'm hoping it is simply something that I am overlooking. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/2RQTwNX.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/2RQTwNX.png</a>
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Matthew M. said: Knowledge (Religion) seems to not apply the rank value, and thus, treats the roll as untrained. All other Knowledge skills seem to function properly. The link contains an image as evidence and I'm hoping it is simply something that I am overlooking. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/2RQTwNX.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/2RQTwNX.png</a> I am also having this problem with Knowledge (Religion).
Vince said: Chris can/will probably answer this fully... but my understanding is that the&nbsp;getAttrs function is used to get attribute data from the sheet, not from other sheets. &nbsp;Sheet workers are used for the calculations of nearly every attribute on the PF sheet, so I'm not sure pulling attribute data from other sheets into another is going to work. &nbsp;It works in chat since this is "post" sheet calc. &nbsp;If that makes sense. Vince, thank you for the reply. &nbsp;Yeah, that makes complete sense. &nbsp;Thanks for the explanation! &nbsp;We'll throw in the whole number and keep on truckin'. &nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Figured out the issue with Knowledge-Religion, it will be fixed next build.
Just getting back into things after a few week break and the skill book in .65 is awesome. Are there any plans to do an "abilities book" that would include class abilities, feats, racial abilities, etc?&nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, but we were wondering if we should combine the abilities into one list or keep them separate. Or at least 2, one for spell-like, and one for all others. I wanted to combine them all , but due to the problems we had combining the spell lists into one I am loathe to.
I had sort of imagines it would just be a single button that outputs buttons organized into sections based on the type of the abilities. Similar to the All attacks for melee and ranged, but a section for class abilities, feats, racial abilities and such. Although I have no idea what the implementation details are. I looked at the sheet worker for the skills books and it looked way more complex than I had imagined. So if each ability type gets a button or they are seperated in some other way to make the implementation easy, then I'm sure what ever you come up with will be useful.

Edited 1474161897
Actually, I re-read your edit. ;-) "Extra Dmg" isn't listed because it is an undefined key in the pf_attack roll template. Defined keys, like the ones listed on the wiki have coded formatting and/or logic applied to them. &nbsp;ie attack, damage, crit_confirm, etc. All undefined keys will still be included in the macro's output, usually at the bottom after all defined keys have been displayed. &nbsp;This allows for users to include any extra information/rolls for customization, etc. &nbsp;Hope this helps. &nbsp;Cheers I guess my issue with it not being included in the Wiki was that all the other drop down options are. On the sheet it shows (specifically looking at the pull down options, not what I've done in the boxes): But the wiki only mentions: Am I saying that a quick line for "Extra Dmg" on the wiki would have helped me by telling me to use [[ ]] in the Macro section? No, cause that was a general syntax thing that I never learned before this, so it wasn't specific to that aspect. But by listing the others and not that one, it made me doubt the wiki was updated/accurate, and the info it might have listed (as in a quick description of what each box would do, if not how to do it), would certainly have made my search to figure out how to use it a bit easier. As to what you all said in the quoted above, it honestly went way over my head. :P I'm just noting what I saw on the Wiki vs. the sheet and how I reacted to that difference. For me, it was frustration because my only other option was to post here or search the thread pages for certain keywords. Luckily it worked out for me that I found it quick enough :P
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I see what you mean Dustin. &nbsp;I'll need to add that to the wiki... amongst other things. &nbsp;Thanks &nbsp;I'm glad you got it figured out just the same.
No problem. I just wanted to mention it. I really appreciate all the changes to the sheet, especially lately. I've only been using it since May or June, but there's been a lot of changes since then that have been spot on! Just wish I could get the rest of my group to embrace macros and the more cool capababilities of the sheet :P

Edited 1474226004
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the add-to-attack macros have [[]] automatically added around, not the extra damage, i had it wrong. edit: actually you shouldn't have to put [[ ]] around them, starting with 65 we do it automatically. yes i just tested and it is no longer necessary. I think that update went out right after you made the first post.&nbsp;

Edited 1474223591
What would you put in the macro box under the Extra Dmg tab? I tried taking it out and it just does a readout. So if I type "2d6" then it just reads the result as "2d6." Doesn't work with /r before it either. Also, on another note, why is it that when I have a trained skill that requires training, the readout result has a line that says "Skill is untrained." I have two levels in Disable Device but it's giving me that as a readout. Same for my knowledge skills. Example below
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It will clear if you uncheck/recheck the requires training. (I was thinking of the "add to attack" not the extra damage, since a lot of extra damage involves words and other text in monsters, we didn't put [[ ]] around it)
Something I just discovered (that is so blindingly obvious I'm sure some of you have already done it): I used the skills query macro for a long while both for characters I played and in games I GM'd. &nbsp;I'd tacked on ability checks at the end so there was no need to open the sheet or have a separate macro for those. &nbsp; While the new skillbook macros are awesome, I was a little disappointed that using them meant I wouldn't have my ability checks ready to go. &nbsp;Then I had a "Lightbulb" moment after a game last night: I just put my ability checks in under the "Misc" skills on the Skill tab! &nbsp;I just have to make sure each check is linked to the appropriate ability and make sure my players know to never ever put skill points there or check the box for "class skill." &nbsp; Like I said, pretty obvious, but it made me happy and I think it's a pretty convenient hack for those that want it. &nbsp;
Joshua F. said: Something I just discovered (that is so blindingly obvious I'm sure some of you have already done it): I used the skills query macro for a long while both for characters I played and in games I GM'd. &nbsp;I'd tacked on ability checks at the end so there was no need to open the sheet or have a separate macro for those. &nbsp; While the new skillbook macros are awesome, I was a little disappointed that using them meant I wouldn't have my ability checks ready to go. &nbsp;Then I had a "Lightbulb" moment after a game last night: I just put my ability checks in under the "Misc" skills on the Skill tab! &nbsp;I just have to make sure each check is linked to the appropriate ability and make sure my players know to never ever put skill points there or check the box for "class skill." &nbsp; Like I said, pretty obvious, but it made me happy and I think it's a pretty convenient hack for those that want it. &nbsp; Nice! I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for sharing Joshua! /K

Edited 1474314815
Sry for my english (i m french) : 1)in skills tab: Knowledge (Religion) don't work well ! The total cell aren't&nbsp; auto-calculated . 2)in core tab : "@{init-misc-mod}" aren't add to "@{init}" probably fix in next update... ;-P

Edited 1474315718
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
to w. said: Sry for my english (i m french) : 1)in skills tab: Knowledge (Religion) don't work well ! The total cell aren't&nbsp; auto-calculated . 2)in core tab : "@{init-misc-mod}" aren't add to "@{init}" Hi to w, Those two problems will be fixed. I have already sent Roll20 the fixes for them. You should see the fixes by tuesday night.
Hi, So I know there's some big changes for the NPC tab coming up and I just wanted to mention that currently there's no way to show the "Defensive Ability" field when rolling your saves. It would be cool, if a toggle could be added to the Defense Option menue with the next update ;) /K
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Karankwan said: Hi, So I know there's some big changes for the NPC tab coming up and I just wanted to mention that currently there's no way to show the "Defensive Ability" field when rolling your saves. It would be cool, if a toggle could be added to the Defense Option menue with the next update ;) /K ok,,. i was thinkning of just appending them to the save notes too for the same reason
Is there any plans in the future to make a NPC Sheet toggle? A sort of toggle (check box or something) that would prevent all the tabs from loading except the NPC tab. Loading the full character sheet takes a while on slower computers/internet, would be nice if there was a way to reduce the load instead of having to load everything. On my older computer, opening a character sheet can sometimes take up to 10-15 seconds whereas on my newer computer, it takes on average 2-3 seconds.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Areas are show/hidden using tabs, but the entire sheet is loaded into memory when you open it. &nbsp;Many(most) PC and NPC attributes are shared across the sheet, but attributes are created "as-needed". &nbsp;Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to make one "view" of the sheet use less memory. I believe there's a suggestion for allowing games to use an NPC and PC sheet.( Dedicated NPC Sheet ,&nbsp; Multiple Character Sheet Layouts )
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Another thing we could do is remove more fields, such as all the misc fields. Conceivably they can all be replaced by the buff rows (except for roll-time macros we would then have space to add) That would mean a lot fewer fields and faster, though the sheet would be harder to use.&nbsp;
I've noticed there's a domain checkbox in the misc part of a spell in the Spells tab. Is that option supposed to do anything? There does not seem to be any difference when it's checked or unchecked.

Edited 1474762277
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Domain, and Mythic(you only see this if Mythic options are enabled from the Config page) are simply used as a reference. &nbsp;I'll update the&nbsp; Pathfinder Character Sheet guide on the wiki.