Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Dunno if you're taking suggestions at the moment, but I had one that was brought up by one of my players. After making some sheets for a campaign I'm running an idea for skills I had was skill notes that you can apply only to a single skill. For example "Add X value to Perception under Y circumstance". At the moment you can put the notes under skill notes, but if it's a note for perception, it'll show up when you roll escape artist or knowledge (arcana). That, as well as applying the skill bonus macros on a case-by-case basis for certain skills. Applying a 1d6 bonus just to say, perception, but nothing else isn't possible right now. The misc macro doesn't work as a macro-only as static numbers-and the skill bonus macro applies to all skills, not just specific skills. Then if you put something down in skill notes you get the same issue I mentioned before, it always shows up. These aren't game-breaking issues, but it would be something nice to pick up on.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
We may revisit adding a notes attribute for each skill...  We haven't done so in the past considering limited sheet real estate on the skills page and while not the most convenient method, each skill has it's own macro-text available for per-skill customization.  Thanks for the feedback.

Edited 1482075106
Hi! I have a small question to ask you : one of my players has more experience on roll20 than the others, and he wants to help them to complete them. How do I give him the rights? I also wanted to say a huge thank you for letting us use this remarkable tool! :D
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Gérard L. said: Hi! I have a small question to ask you : one of my players has more experience on roll20 than the others, and he wants to help them to complete them. How do I give him the rights? I also wanted to say a huge thank you for letting us use this remarkable tool! :D Players can edit any sheets they have permission to control.  Edit the settings of a character/journal to assign who can see the sheet bio and who can edit/control that sheet.  BTW, linked tokens will also share these permissions. example, this is Cait's character, but have also given Chris permission to edit/control.

Edited 1482089918
Thanks for your help!
Hi guys, my character sheet has lost all formatting and now just looks like a list, also the chat formatting doesn't work either. Do you know what's wrong?
Jono P. said: Hi guys, my character sheet has lost all formatting and now just looks like a list, also the chat formatting doesn't work either. Do you know what's wrong? This has happened to me as well.

Edited 1482348742
The Character Sheet is completely broken. All the information stack on one page, making it impossible to edit and see things. Tabs disappeared as well. Hope you can fix this soon. I begin my Pathfinder Campaign soon, and losing all the informations of the PC is really a pain in the ass. The edit made on the December 19 broke it.

Edited 1482348518
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Also here, looks like the CSS has been completely wiped.
Same issue here.  Even tried a fresh game to see if the issue follows and it does.
I'm seeing the same issue, I'm on firefox if that helps any
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
It appears that roll20 updated to match what was pushed to the Git repository today, and the most recent push to the pathfinder branch appears to have replaced the the CSS sheet with the english translation sheet.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nibrodooh said: It appears that roll20 updated to match what was pushed to the Git repository today, and the most recent push to the pathfinder branch appears to have replaced the the CSS sheet with the english translation sheet. Yep, does look like that.
Nibrodooh said: It appears that roll20 updated to match what was pushed to the Git repository today, and the most recent push to the pathfinder branch appears to have replaced the the CSS sheet with the english translation sheet. Can this be undone?

Edited 1482349535
Why are untested changes being done on a repository that even has a chance of being pushed live?  Terribly risky.  If that's the case, it's only a matter of time before a major mistake occurs that ends up damaging or wiping the data on CSes, and that will be a real disaster.

Edited 1482349611
This will have a fix patch soon? I need to prepar a game for tonight.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
I have made a pull request to the repository reverting the change, now we hope the roll20 team can respond quickly so we can get peoples sheets working again.

Edited 1482349921
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Uncle Bounce said: Why are untested changes being done on a repository that even has a chance of being pushed live?&nbsp; Terribly risky.&nbsp; If that's the case, it's only a matter of time before a major mistake occurs that ends up damaging or wiping the data on CSes, and that will be a real disaster. The changes aren't untested, the changes are tested in the Pathfinder beta game linked to in the OP of this thread. I would guess that a simple mistake was made during the upload and the translation file was uploaded as the CSS instead of the actual CSS file; wasn't a programming mistake, was just the wrong thing uploaded. Nibrodooh said: I have made a pull request to the repository reverting the change, now we hope the roll20 team can respond quickly so we can get peoples sheets working again. Could try emailing the Devs at <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> to see if they can do it quickly. Not sure how responsive they'll be with the Holiday though.
Meanwhile, please, show us on github the last stable version of the sheet, so pro users can just use the custom sheet options.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Fallyrion said: Meanwhile, please, show us on github the last stable version of the sheet, so pro users can just use the custom sheet options. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... There you are, I am sending an email to the Roll20 team
Uncle Bounce said: Why are untested changes being done on a repository that even has a chance of being pushed live?&nbsp; Terribly risky.&nbsp; If that's the case, it's only a matter of time before a major mistake occurs that ends up damaging or wiping the data on CSes, and that will be a real disaster. +1 Incredibly risky. To make matters worse, the deployment's not even in the hands of the authors.
Any news on whether or not this is going to get fixed before the end of the day? I was hoping to run chargen for one of my players and the sheets doing all the math for me really speeds things up.
Nibrodooh said: Fallyrion said: Meanwhile, please, show us on github the last stable version of the sheet, so pro users can just use the custom sheet options. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... There you are, I am sending an email to the Roll20 team Thank you very much. It's working fine. You saved the last 2016's game!
Scott C. said: The changes aren't untested, the changes are tested in the Pathfinder beta game linked to in the OP of this thread. I would guess that a simple mistake was made during the upload and the translation file was uploaded as the CSS instead of the actual CSS file; wasn't a programming mistake, was just the wrong thing uploaded. &nbsp; And that's an excuse how?&nbsp; There is a reason basic safety procedures are in place for life cycles, and saying that "it wasn't&nbsp; programming error but just one file being incorrectly transferred/named/over-written to an incorrect file" is no more safe or less risky than untested updates/patching.&nbsp; If anything, if that is something that can/is happening, the risk increases even more.&nbsp; Besides, this is not the first time a glaringly obvious error was pushed live that should've been seen with 10 minutes worth of testing.&nbsp; Roll20 has no good backup solutions for the CS's "customers" (except maybe making frequent copies of entire games, but that doesn't really help with things like CSes), so it is doubly important that a responsible sdlc be followed that segregates testing from live and ensures reliable transition between the two.&nbsp; I realize that volunteer work is not paid work, but if the work is being done, it should be done responsibly.&nbsp; Since this has happened, I think the authors should evaluate the current contribution, testing, and implementation/deployment processes and ensure they are safe and reliable.&nbsp; Speaking only for myself, I'd much prefer twice as slow updates/progress with double the current testing/precautions before going live.&nbsp; Maybe that's just me.
Nibrodooh said: Fallyrion said: Meanwhile, please, show us on github the last stable version of the sheet, so pro users can just use the custom sheet options. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... There you are, I am sending an email to the Roll20 team Ty Nibro.&nbsp; I appreciate the work you and every contributor does (please do not think my last post means I do not).
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Uncle Bounce said: Scott C. said: The changes aren't untested, the changes are tested in the Pathfinder beta game linked to in the OP of this thread. I would guess that a simple mistake was made during the upload and the translation file was uploaded as the CSS instead of the actual CSS file; wasn't a programming mistake, was just the wrong thing uploaded. &nbsp; And that's an excuse how?&nbsp; There is a reason basic safety procedures are in place for life cycles, and saying that "it wasn't&nbsp; programming error but just one file being incorrectly transferred/named/over-written to an incorrect file" is no more safe or less risky than untested updates/patching.&nbsp; If anything, if that is something that can/is happening, the risk increases even more.&nbsp; Besides, this is not the first time a glaringly obvious error was pushed live that should've been seen with 10 minutes worth of testing.&nbsp; Roll20 has no good backup solutions for the CS's "customers" (except maybe making frequent copies of entire games, but that doesn't really help with things like CSes), so it is doubly important that a responsible sdlc be followed that segregates testing from live and ensures reliable transition between the two.&nbsp; I realize that volunteer work is not paid work, but if the work is being done, it should be done responsibly.&nbsp; Since this has happened, I think the authors should evaluate the current contribution, testing, and implementation/deployment processes and ensure they are safe and reliable.&nbsp; Speaking only for myself, I'd much prefer twice as slow updates/progress with double the current testing/precautions before going live.&nbsp; Maybe that's just me. True, and with that in mind, I've just&nbsp; posted up a suggestion in the suggestion forums for a possibly more robust method.

Edited 1482358099
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I put in a PR to fix it and PMd both Riley and Phil and emailed Stephanie and opened a bug report, so someone should see it soon. It was the translate file copied over the css file that is the issue, as described above. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... so if you are pro, only the css file needs to be replaced, nothing else. I am not sure how to avoid it again, because we don't deploy to dev, we have to rely on the "custom" dropdown, which means we rely on copying and pasting. So this could happen again to any sheet. the only way around it would be if the dev server had its own fork and populated the sheet dropdown. then we could test what is submitted, and then they'd only merge stuff into the prod repository from the dev fork
Gid
Roll20 Team
This should be fixed now.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's fixed now. If you enter your game now the sheet has the correct css.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Confirmed.
Thanks guys!

Edited 1482367955
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Apologies to anyone inconvenienced by our oversight. We fully understand how important your game is to you and that's why we strive to make the sheet better. Normally we are nearly omnipresent on roll20's forums but alas we had RL obligations today that prevented us from noticing there was a problem until nearly three hours after the initial report. We've recently instilled a process of checking each other's changes that should reduce future bugs in the sheet and we'll make sure to take more care when submitting PR's. Thank you Nibrodooh, for your assistance today. Much appreciated. Here's to a productive 2017. Cheers
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Today happened to be the day I was getting back into DMing after a hiatus for the past quite a while, good day to be around to be of use i guess haha. In the new year i'll have to get back to tinkering with sheet development, help out where I can. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season, and any holiday roll-playing be festive and fun.

Edited 1482735692
Doing a great job with the CS, guys.&nbsp; Hope everyone had a happy holidays. I'm not sure if it's been reported or not, but the favored class HP is not adding to current total HP.&nbsp; Also, as a suggestion, is it possible to get a button that auto-checks all class skills for paizo classes (and a reset button to remove all).&nbsp; If you have them just turn on and not turn off (except reset button) then adding class-skills for multi-classing should work with the same method, too. Third, I noticed some earlier design discussions about trying to balance between the Pathfinder newcomer's CS needs (simplistic CS) versus more advanced/robust needs.&nbsp; Instead of trying to fix both with one solution, might it be better to split the project into two versions, one streamlined and one robust?&nbsp; I, for one, appreciate the many options and details available on the CS, but I understand others that aren't interested in all the complexities.&nbsp; Just food for thought. Happy holidays folks ~Uncle B.

Edited 1483250056
hi everybody (in first, I apologise for my bad english AND&nbsp; I don't have read all the 35 page of this thread (just half), and maybe it's already signale) Probleme: in character-sheet , in section "Attacks", in "weapon": -The field "Mult" for dmg ability ( @{repeating_weapon_$X_damage_ability_mult} ) don't work "well" ! In Pathfinder Character Sheet page ( <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a> ) you can see "Mult - damage ability multiplier. e.g. Two-handed attack of 1.5 " but all float value (not integer) are skiped!!! it's a probleme for "Off-Hand Weapon" (mult = 0.5 STR/DEX(with feat)) and "two-handed weapon" (mult = 1.5 STR/DEX...) need something like : "dmg" = "Dmg Mod" + floor( "Mult" * "Dmg Ability" ) or @{repeating_weapon_$X_total-damage} = @{repeating_weapon_$X_damage} + floor( @{@{repeating_weapon_$X_damage_ability_mult} * "Dmg Ability" ) OR a check box for two-handed weapon and another for Off-Hand Weapon So ...well, we can use "dmg mods" for writing : a macro or an hand-calculate "uncalculated bonus" But : 1) All player/gm don't necessarily be geek like me (for trying to writing a macro) 2) all player/gm don't see easily all "uncalculated bonus " this sheet don't calculate... if someone have/use a solution for that (in waiting for sheet update), I'll take it!!! thanx in advance. (i apologise for my verry not good english)

Edited 1483239707
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@to w. I can't see your image link. ;-( Can you give an exact example of how it's not giving a correct value? Also, is it possible the sheet is not auto-calculating for you? Are other fields on the sheet functioning as expected? Try the Recalc button at the top of the sheet if you suspect the sheet has stopped functioning. Thanks Damage Mult seems to be fine for me... my example: character with STR-mod of 2 and a 1.5 Multiplier (ie two-handed), my total Damage adjustment is "3" as expected.&nbsp;

Edited 1483253400
@Vince. ok i have try button but no change... info: I have created a npc char (but same when i look under attack section for "no-npc"/normal-char), maybe that come from that. Sheet version: 0.73 (the last i hope... ) (i use firefox but i try in chrome juste after just for see) value : STR 19 (mod str 4)&nbsp; (look falchion weapon) So 4*1.5= 6 not 4 (so i have use "floor" function for spear can be se function in spear "note" just for fun ;-)&nbsp; ) When i close and reopen sheet, or if i change "dmg ability" for none and after for STR ,&nbsp;&nbsp; my "mult" value return to "1" and not 1.5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ (edit) d'oh!!! JOKE In chrome, i use the "little up arrow" for pass value to 1.5 and ... work well!!! ok i try juste enter 1.5 and work well too. i return with FF and I see "1,5" (not 1.5) ... hum... i think "my bad my bad dont use point..." but when i look your image or on chrome "." are used... I think it not "your" (if you work on the sheet) fault , but an FF input particularity... (or not, i don't know) Maybe it's more easy to add an " * (use 0,5/1,5 in FF and 0.5/1.5 in chrome)" on <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a> compared to "change macro/sheet"... But you can consider the problem is solved Thanks anyway for your reactivity ;-) PS:I hope my English is not too bad?!

Edited 1483256155
Uncle Bounce Uncle Bounce said: Third, I noticed some earlier design discussions about trying to balance between the Pathfinder newcomer's CS needs (simplistic CS) versus more advanced/robust needs.&nbsp; Instead of trying to fix both with one solution, might it be better to split the project into two versions, one streamlined and one robust?&nbsp; I, for one, appreciate the many options and details available on the CS, but I understand others that aren't interested in all the complexities.&nbsp; Just food for thought. humm, other way.... Ask user to use the "npc tab" ! This tab are so "easy/light"&nbsp; ;-) Personally i have some "advenced" player who find the sheet "complex" but they prefer use this sheet rather than use a paper sheet version... because PF is a little "complex"... In one game, i have trouble with some of my "players"..., i have stop my campaign, and the groupe have play with other rules system (other game) . After that, i have relunch my campaign without problem (or with less trouble) PS: For my "newbie" i make the sheet with him, (to explain a little the sheet and the rules). I advise to put some shortcut on bar (init, Main attack, spellbook macro (for magic char), and it's so more easy to use "in game"... I make two or tree lvl up with him after i ask for my advenced player to help other..., when lvl up... (In some case i make "personal" function/macro to help... When a feat(or other) is often used...) (I have an inquisitor for a game and I have forget the idea of creating macros... too many option can be activated or switched ... this class is an hell for creator of calculated-sheet ... !!! ;-)&nbsp; and for a player too... how many time I have forget some option durring my "turn" ------- Hoo and YES "Doing a great job with the CS, guys." --&gt; I give you a Blue thumb for that ^^ and for the sheet-staff too!!!
[I'm not a native English speaker, so please spare me if i'm doing to many mistake] I have a question about the Spell section of the new sheet and the possibility for API script (like Ammo or ChatSetAttr) to interact with the Macro Text. At the moment (live version 0.73) i can edit the whole Macro for every spell so that i can add a line to automatically edit the Slot Uses left (for spontaneus caster) or the prepared slot (wizard & co.) everytime that i "cast" the spell with the spellbook without having to edit the sheet during the game. In the Beta version there isn't anymore the whole macro text to edit so i can't use this system anymore and i don't have any ways to automatically mark/edit used or prepared space. It's a wanted feature? Anyone have a workaround for this kind of problem? It's maybe planned to add this option as default? Ps: except this problem i love the Beta sheet and i can't wait to have it live Example: Macro Field + Edit spell uses v1 @{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_spell} @{toggle_spell_accessible} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_spell}}} {{name=@{name}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{deafened_note=@{SpellFailureNote}}} @{spell_options} !ammo @{selected|character_id} spellclass-0-level-1-spells-per-day -1 Edit spell uses v2 !setattr --modb --sel --spellclass-0-level-1-spells-per-day|-1 Macro Field + Edit spell prepared (to be edited as needed) !setattr --modb --sel --repeating_spells_$X_used|-1

Edited 1483455509
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In the Beta, go to the Config screen&nbsp;⚙ &nbsp;and click the checkbox named "Display roll templates for customization" That will cause all the full macros to display again. We made it a checkbox so users who don't intend to customize their macros can keep all of that hidden, since many complained about it. that is a great solution. We also can't wait till Riley makes that code live, then we can put that into the macros... when we have time ... :)

Edited 1483456322
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
to w. said: i return with FF and I see "1,5" (not 1.5) ... hum... i think "my bad my bad dont use point..." but when i look your image or on chrome "." are used... I think it not "your" (if you work on the sheet) fault , but an FF input particularity... (or not, i don't know) Maybe it's more easy to add an " * (use 0,5/1,5 in FF and 0.5/1.5 in chrome)" on <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a> compared to "change macro/sheet"... But you can consider the problem is solved Thanks anyway for your reactivity ;-) PS:I hope my English is not too bad?! Ah ok thanks. Yes.. you have to use the period to indicate decimals, not comma. I know some languages use comma, like Portuguese, but the javascript parseFloat() that we use does not take the browser's locale into account. It only recognizes "." I have not worked on an internationalized and localized application in about 18 years, and that was in Java. Not sure in Javascript how to parse strings differently depending on locale, it doesn't seem to do it. I guess we could make that field dropdown which would ensure mistakes do not happen.
chris b. said: In the Beta, go to the Config screen&nbsp;⚙ &nbsp;and click the checkbox named "Display roll templates for customization" That will cause all the full macros to display again. We made it a checkbox so users who don't intend to customize their macros can keep all of that hidden, since many complained about it. that is a great solution. We also can't wait till Riley makes that code live, then we can put that into the macros... when we have time ... :) Amazing!! Thank you very much, all the new option in the Config screen are great. Great Work :)

Edited 1483656937
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since I play a lot of Pathfinder Society games, I thought it might be useful to the PFS players if there were some way to automatically resolve the results of the Day Job rolls to the amount of GP they're supposed to be awarded. To that end, I have created the pf_dayjob template; here's the files for the v.73 character sheet with the template added. <a href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49758175/pf_da" rel="nofollow">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49758175/pf_da</a>... <a href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49758175/pf_da" rel="nofollow">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49758175/pf_da</a>... <a href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49758175/pf_da" rel="nofollow">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49758175/pf_da</a>... This is literally just a copy of the pf_generic template, with an added check against the "check" property to determine the GP Award.&nbsp; The translate file only has one new entry, for "GP Award". EDIT: Corrected link to HTML file.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Cool. Thanks. I added some pfs check boxes in the config page in beta. If you want we could add this, or something else. I have only played pfs a few times. Not sure what else is tracked.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
If this was mentioned anywhere in the thread, I apologize -- this is a huge thread to wade through :/ Is there a way with sheet v.73 to have urls in the description box act as clickable urls and does not require the GM to do anything to enable it?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Add hyperlinks: &nbsp; [something cool](URL) You can also do inline rolls Additional Smite Dmg:&nbsp;+[[ @{selected|class-0-level} ]] Add an image: &nbsp;[some text](URL ending with jpg, png, maybe gif not sure)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Ah ha!&nbsp; It was late at night and I was sleepy and completely failed at my markup.&nbsp; Thank you very much!
I'm not seeing anyone else in this thread having the same issue as me and my players, but we're consistently having an issue where the sheet won't recalculate, or even change modifiers according to the correct ability selected! For example, total-HP calculations are using the wrong ability modifier score, and won't change to the CON ability modifier no matter what I've tried, including recalculating the sheet. My players are having similar issues, especially any time ability scores are changed or updated. Is there a known bug with the recalculate button, or something similar?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
auPHE said: I'm not seeing anyone else in this thread having the same issue as me and my players, but we're consistently having an issue where the sheet won't recalculate, or even change modifiers according to the correct ability selected! For example, total-HP calculations are using the wrong ability modifier score, and won't change to the CON ability modifier no matter what I've tried, including recalculating the sheet. My players are having similar issues, especially any time ability scores are changed or updated. Is there a known bug with the recalculate button, or something similar? if you have "type/subtype" filled in it will change to NPC mode which uses different fields currently. That is probably what is causing the issue. You can tell by going to the NPC tab, and see if "is npc" is checked on the right. If that's it, for now, clear out the type field. i can remove the function that sets the isNPC flag. it seems to be messing people up, &nbsp;esp since in version 1 there will be an "npc" checkbox and it won't get reset, and they will use the same fields.&nbsp;
Well, whatever this issue is, it seems that it was resolved by closing out the game session and re-entering. Not the best of workarounds, but it works. Just to double-check, I looked in the NPC tab and made sure that the 'is NPC' box had remained unchecked--I'll look again if more issues pop up, and see if it's changed. For now though I'll just keep an eye on it and see if I can find the root problem...&nbsp;