Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Tom said: Does anyone know what is going on with this PF sheet as values seem to change (armor/skill points/weapons most every week lately, even with no update it seems, and now some sheets are just locking up and are stuck on one tab, VERY frustrating for my players as well as I. Refresh works once in a while but not most of the time Any clues on this anyone? Thanks Tom I can't say I have been having the other problems, those sound like a bit of lag that causes the sheet to not register updates. But the Tab lock up I have noticed a lot, especially when I have the sheet minimized (Double clicked).
Thanks Courtney When most of the players minimize then pop them back out at the same time it has always slowed down since the feature was first introduced and we all expect that.  But this is more than a tad extreme and going back to a Myth Weaver sheet would really kill the games for the players and me, but it just may come to that... Always used to use the Legacy layout but as it is not supported and things don't work on there we went to this sheet. Then the updates started, what was it 32 of them in 5 months and that made us redo the sheets almost every week sometimes and that was not fun either.  Might just have to go back to simple I guess and do more things in our head like we used to do, LOL But I guess it is what it is and I have heard lately others are having the same problems more or less, and some have quit playing and GMing, no clue if any of that is actually true, but if so I can kind of understand.  As one as at the height of a module and then the rhythm is just killed by most of the players sheets not working and now have to remember what they had to calculate, what equipment they had /spells and so on. If anyone else is having problems like these I'd be real interested with your experiences gang if you could post on em. I know D&D 5th is all the rage now but us Pathfinders (and yes I do dabble in 5th as well at times to) seem to be more on the fringe at Roll20 now and less care taken on the sheets compared to before, but such is life I guess :( Thanks Tom

Edited 1468168943
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Simple sheet is still supported. I have seen the tab locking but we have not been able to replicate it. Deleting the "tab" attribute will fix it.  I am thinking next release we will change the name of the current tab behind the scenes which might help it reset.  Except for the spells update in .50, when did things have to be redone? We have always made a huge effort to make sure the sheet is backward compatible. So that is surprising to hear, it is not my players' experience. Of course on the forums we only see a tiny # of players. edit: Do people have the same problem playing on the beta site? Since I started hearing about this once changes for internationalization and also accessibility went into place I wonder if it is related to that. If so then my only guess is it is the HTML 5 tags that are causing problems. (they don't even show up in my browser, but if they show up in your browser, that would throw off the css and one side effect would be breaking tabs). So i have an idea that would fix it by adding some css or copying some checkboxes to treat the HTML 5 as "there" instead of assuming it is not. That is only IF it is the problem...
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
tiny update put in should be available in a couple days:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... 1. description field update fixed for spells 2. possible fix for tabs freezing up 3. will update to .55
chris b. said: The Simple sheet is still supported. I have seen the tab locking but we have not been able to replicate it. Deleting the "tab" attribute will fix it.&nbsp; I am thinking next release we will change the name of the current tab behind the scenes which might help it reset.&nbsp; Except for the spells update in .50, when did things have to be redone? We have always made a huge effort to make sure the sheet is backward compatible. So that is surprising to hear, it is not my players' experience. Of course on the forums we only see a tiny # of players. edit: Do people have the same problem playing on the beta site? Since I started hearing about this once changes for internationalization and also accessibility went into place I wonder if it is related to that. If so then my only guess is it is the HTML 5 tags that are causing problems. (they don't even show up in my browser, but if they show up in your browser, that would throw off the css and one side effect would be breaking tabs). So i have an idea that would fix it by adding some css or copying some checkboxes to treat the HTML 5 as "there" instead of assuming it is not. That is only IF it is the problem... I can't really pinpoint when exactly it started, as it happens very sporadically. I haven't checked in the Beta sheet, so I could do that, but once again, it's hard to "make" it happen. It just happens randomly, or well seemingly randomly. As for redo's, I have almost never had to redo my sheet save for the spell update. (Which has it's problems when you have a LC with hundreds of sheets.) The only "updates" were just mostly bugs that later got fixed. I'm really grateful for your sheet. Makes life really damn easy, and the people working on it are incredibly friendly and think of the players using the sheet first. So thank you for that. Now after that short little thing, I do have a request. Is it possible to make a button for using the Simple Template for Spells only? As I really like that, and adding the (I think this is the right line....) "{{accessible=true}}" to every spell is a little.... not fun.

Edited 1468189481
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We are about to redo the simple template attacks so it looks less crappy. But we can probably make them different yes. I can add that in. Maybe we can put those choices in the global options area instead of the config page. That and the macro fields as described above to allow people to "insert" macros that are evaluated in chat after hitting the button, for each type of roll (ability check, skill check, attack, damage, casterlevel, concentration, saving throw.. not sure what else there is except subtypes of those)

Edited 1468206040
I don't know how to do the quote thing so I'll just say&nbsp; Tom had an issue. &nbsp;We on my Friday night game had an issue like that to the extreme. &nbsp;Not only did the sheet lock up but it crashed Roll20's chat log & my GM's Google internet explorer. &nbsp;I've been on here alot about spells lately and to give the only background I can I am playing a mystic therge. &nbsp;I am kinda new to macroing and had created 143 spells (Mostly Cleric) &nbsp;Each one of them had hyperlinks to their Pfsrd page, Macro's for damage that would kh1 or l1 when needed. &nbsp;They also had ranged attacks or skill rolls when nessicary. &nbsp;After the update to the spell sheet that moved all the old spells to the settings tab I freaked out and started moving them over one by one with ALOT of copy pasting not realizing you guys had created a way for them to do so automagically. &nbsp;So as I continued the sheet got worse and worse. &nbsp;To the point where I would have to close the sheet and re-open it every time I changed tabs. &nbsp;One night at about 2 am I got frustraited with it and hit that little symbol at the top that recalculated the sheet. &nbsp;Hoping it would help. &nbsp;Only not only did it not help but it completely locked up the chat function to our game. &nbsp;Thinking at the time I had just broken my sheet I had my GM delete the sheet and allow me to import a saved copy from my vault. &nbsp;Every time she deleted my sheet (About 6 times) &nbsp;it crashed her internet client. &nbsp; Also my players in my Kingmaker game on saturdays are complaining of the same issue. &nbsp;Some of them don't even have spells and all of them can not change tabs without closing their sheet and reopening it. &nbsp; Pwease help Also&nbsp; Courtney R is totally right you guys are amazing and don't let these satanic bugs disuade you from continuing it. &nbsp;Your sheet is AMAZBALLS and I don't think I could have made it this far without all its awsomeness. &nbsp;Keep up the good work!

Edited 1468210764
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
143 spells ? yeah.. the sheet cannot handle that even with the increased speed. &nbsp;I would not add much more than 40 spells. I've tested with that many and it's still useable though slow and won't crash .with 143 spells that will just crash the system.&nbsp; what we can do is add some more note areas so players can at least write down what spells they have (though I give players a handout they can edit for each character so they can enter as much text as they want in the handout) But having fewer spells then dragging them from the compendium as needed will be a lot faster.&nbsp; I start to have speed problems and have to refresh my browser every 2 hours or so. IDK if it's the sheet or what.. but that is only when I GM. My players don't have that problem. also re: tabs not working. I tested the change on my players tonight, and no one had the "cannot change tabs" problem anymore so I think the fix i submitted probably fixed that issue. I think it is whatever browser and version people use not handling html5 as expected. i'll PM Roll20 and ask them to expedite the update, since it's a tiny update. but usually Roll20 &nbsp;puts out the updates on mondays anyway.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Miro It sounds like your sheet has some "issues". &nbsp;That's a ton of spells as Chris has mentioned. &nbsp;Each spell has about 30 attributes associated with it. &nbsp;Do you have Old spells still showing under the Config page? &nbsp;Can you even delete spells? &nbsp;&nbsp; You may need to get the Devs involved to delete it since your GM cannot. &nbsp;Your GM can post to the Bugs forum explaining the issue and hopefully they can get it figured out.
chris b. said: The Simple sheet is still supported. I have seen the tab locking but we have not been able to replicate it. Deleting the "tab" attribute will fix it.&nbsp; I am thinking next release we will change the name of the current tab behind the scenes which might help it reset.&nbsp; Except for the spells update in .50, when did things have to be redone? We have always made a huge effort to make sure the sheet is backward compatible. So that is surprising to hear, it is not my players' experience. Of course on the forums we only see a tiny # of players. edit: Do people have the same problem playing on the beta site? Since I started hearing about this once changes for internationalization and also accessibility went into place I wonder if it is related to that. If so then my only guess is it is the HTML 5 tags that are causing problems. (they don't even show up in my browser, but if they show up in your browser, that would throw off the css and one side effect would be breaking tabs). So i have an idea that would fix it by adding some css or copying some checkboxes to treat the HTML 5 as "there" instead of assuming it is not. That is only IF it is the problem... Thanks for the post and update Chris, as well as all the work you and others do for the sheets here. I don't know about what everything that was not working for the players, some I just rechecked, blanked them out redid it and that worked sometimes. &nbsp;And at other times no dice, I think it really started last month or so as it got quite noticeable of late. Then on a fresh new sheet a player and I were working on as he just joined one of my groups,sheet lock right off the bat, deleted and started a fresh one then it would not give the right AC, and eventually I had to "fake" some numbers in there to at least get it to show the right final AC, even though the numbers IE type of, AC per Armor/shield/Dex and whatnot. Then this last weekend in both my friday and saturday games I GM, some sheets were locked up all session long no matter what we did, and some of the macros that seemed correct before (the week before) seemed to change, be it weapon macros, skills that the players said when they rolled it, this time were not correct. Fridays group had 5 players, and Saturdays were 6, but Saturdays I had 3 that could not make it and the other players were going to NPC them and after I gave them the permissions to get into those char sheets and tokens the sheets just locked up for everyone, including me. I'll see what happens with this new update and post back here if it worked a bit better or we still have problems. Thanks again everyone Tom
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TAB LOCKUP MIGHT BE FIXED v.55 is out , please test it. it has some css changes that seemed to fix it for my players (i can't reproduce it but it happened to them before, and the other night it did not. so hopefully it will be fixed for you)
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Dont know if this has been mentioned, but have you considered incorporating Fractional saves and BAB as an option in the sheet so that players don't have to calculate it?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes fractional advancement is something I'd like to do , since we use it and it's a pain for players and me to check. Maybe after we are done with attacks.

Edited 1468446533
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Puhlease let us know if prod tab locking is fixed Update to beta based on feedback went live this morning, please check it out: 1. "insert" macro/query for attack and damage now lets you add queries or other rolls to totals without having to rewrite entire macro. 2. &nbsp;extra noncrit/crit damage still there 3. ability to resize all of them horiz &nbsp;and vert (it's still ugly) 4. rename iterative attacks (I put the fields in, but they don't show up in the rolltemplate yet) 5. seperate simple/normal template for attacks, spells, other. (attack simple is broken right now) 6. Placeholder text different for the 2 kinds of macro fields. (evaluate before roll vs during roll ) Spells: 7. In the 'spells/day" section there is a prepared vs spontaneous, and some extra columns. It also now shows count of spells per level/class in list (at right), besides sum of "uses" at the left. Questions: 1. Do we need extra "insert" macros for the type of attacks at the top? (melee/ranged/cmb) I guess it's trivial to add more fields, they just take up space. 2. Feedback on these fields names do they make sense?&nbsp; "attack/damage insert" vs "extra damage" : For&nbsp;" insert " there is Attack Insert and Damage Insert. They appear in the macro as [[1d20+attack+ insertmacro]] . Damage Insert applies to both normal and crit. These allow you to add more rolls or use queries. These have to have defaults of 0&nbsp; And " Extra dmg" for the precision/other that does not apply to crit, and "extra crit dmg" self explanatory 3. Feedback on these field names: #/Equation vs Macro/Query&nbsp; " Macro/Query " for those fields sent to chat, they are evaluated at roll time and can contain rolls or queries "#/Equation" for the "must parse to number before roll" fields, must evaluate to a number, the evaluated number is displayed just to the right of these fields. 4. how to indicate the difference in #3?&nbsp; Placeholder is hidden for fields that must default to 0, so you won't even see it, maybe we need something in the label, is just an asterisk with a note at the bottom ok?. I thought of also adding common queries /macros to the config for copying or .. using a checkbox to insert... that seems like a lot. Looking at this it seems like a lot like a big hot mess.&nbsp;. It looks more complicated than it is. Part of the problem is we need to find a good way to display it all, if it even can be: resize rename Power attack how to: if you are going to account for possibility of 1 or 2 hands, then you must put the damage separate in the attack, rather than a global damage mod. Note also this still requires a separate row for 1 or 2 handed attacks. The below works perfectly.
Any chance that you can add the following to the Suggestions &nbsp;section of the 1st page: A "spellbook" button/macro for Spell-Like Abilities
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Added to the "misc" section along with Class grid fractional advancement to make sure it's tracked. updated the rest to remove stuff we've done.
chris b. said: Questions: 1. Do we need extra "insert" macros for the type of attacks at the top? (melee/ranged/cmb) I guess it's trivial to add more fields, they just take up space. I would vote for yes. See my comments under your Power Attack example below. 2. Feedback on these fields names do they make sense?&nbsp; "attack/damage insert" vs "extra damage" : For&nbsp;" insert " there is Attack Insert and Damage Insert. They appear in the macro as [[1d20+attack+ insertmacro]] . Damage Insert applies to both normal and crit. These allow you to add more rolls or use queries. These have to have defaults of 0&nbsp; And " Extra dmg" for the precision/other that does not apply to crit, and "extra crit dmg" self explanatory I'm not really a fan of these names, but I can't come up with anything better. They probably just need some good explanatory text. 3. Feedback on these field names: #/Equation vs Macro/Query&nbsp; " Macro/Query " for those fields sent to chat, they are evaluated at roll time and can contain rolls or queries "#/Equation" for the "must parse to number before roll" fields, must evaluate to a number, the evaluated number is displayed just to the right of these fields. I would mark the former as "Rolls & Queries enabled" and not mark the latter at all, perhaps with some explanatory text somewhere that mentions that rolls & queries only work where noted. "#/Equation" doesn't strike me as very user-friendly. 4. how to indicate the difference in #3?&nbsp; Placeholder is hidden for fields that must default to 0, so you won't even see it, maybe we need something in the label, is just an asterisk with a note at the bottom ok?. I would say that an asterisk with a note at the bottom is fine. Power attack how to: if you are going to account for possibility of 1 or 2 hands, then you must put the damage separate in the attack, rather than a global damage mod. Note also this still requires a separate row for 1 or 2 handed attacks. The below works perfectly. Except that it asks you if you want a power attack even on ranged attacks, where it isn't appropriate. This is where the separate global insert macros for different attack types would come in handy, especially if it's trivial to add them. Thanks for taking the time to put this in! I played with it and was able to implement power attack, range penalties, and point-blank shot, all of which looked mostly good to me. The two big issues I found were that the damage insert macro doesn't get added to iterative attacks' regular damage (though it does get added to their crits) and that the attack insert macro doesn't get added to iterative attacks' crit confirmation rolls (though it does get added to regular iterative attacks). I left insert macros on Ita Codouflo, if it's useful for testing. A few minor issues: min() and max() don't work in the insert macro fields. You have to use {}kl and {}kh instead. Is that unavoidable because they're being passed directly to Roll20 chat? When you hover over the damage ability multiplier, it doesn't show its name so we know how to reference it in macros. The drop-down arrow for "additional damage" seems to be working oddly. If you click on the text, it opens the additional damage section. If you click on the arrow, however, it opens the iterative attacks section instead. Attack notes are displaying as "undefined" regardless of what's in the attack notes field.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks. That makes sense about melee and ranged, sounds good. We'll get on the bugs. I must have missed the iteratives. i was thinking "equation" might make sense but... maybe roll/query is better like you say.&nbsp; You are right about min and max. Though now you dont need to use min and max anymore &nbsp;- I think prod already supports kl1/kh1 -though the before roll fields still are limited to "1".
I just tried for the first time to use the beta sheet in a copy of a game. I think I copied the HTML and CSS to the correct places, but when I try and access the character sheet all the field descriptions and such are in red text with brackets around them. Is this expected, or any idea what I might have done wrong?

Edited 1468469053
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@humannumber1 Make sure to grab the translation.json file as well. <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/f88503fff13e7c6358af9022c332f255" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/f88503fff13e7c6358af9022c332f255</a>
@Vince, thanks! Would be good to include a link to that file in the first post of this thread along with the HTML and CSS files. For noobs like me :-)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Absolutely. &nbsp;translation has only recently been added to production. &nbsp;We'll make sure to update the thread. ;-)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oops. link added

Edited 1468674470
Hey guys, i'm pretty sure this has been asked before but I could not find anything related to it. So i'm currently trying to learn Pathfinder, being a GM and how to use roll20. Pathfinder and GMing is not a problem but i'm stuck with the char sheet. How do I go about adding racial traits and the like, how do I make them "work"? Like for example Hatred +1 vs Goblins and Orcs or Speed 20 Feet? I read the wiki article and tried to figure it out but i'm no further then 5 hours ago :( If someone has some kind of "how to" or something similar for a total noob, that would be outstanding! Thanks in advance for any help :)
Dennis W. said: Hey guys, i'm pretty sure this has been asked before but I could not find anything related to it. So i'm currently trying to learn Pathfinder, being a GM and how to use roll20. Pathfinder and GMing is not a problem but i'm stuck with the char sheet. How do I go about adding racial traits and the like, how do I make them "work"? Like for example Hatred +1 vs Goblins and Orcs or Speed 20 Feet? I read the wiki article and tried to figure it out but i'm no further then 5 hours ago :( If someone has some kind of "how to" or something similar for a total noob, that would be outstanding! Thanks in advance for any help :) The sheet isn't set up for racial traits, class features, feats, etc. to automatically affect other areas of the sheet. You'll need to go to the appropriate section of the sheet and make the changes there. For example, speed is on the core tab; you'd just put 20 in as the base speed. To add in the Hatred +1 vs. goblins & orcs, you'd want to put a note in the attack notes box on the attacks tab and make sure each of your attacks is set up to show attack notes. Then, when you use the button for an attack, it'll print out the note below the rolls so you can add it in. Alternatively, if you wanted a box to pop up each time you attack asking if you're attacking a goblin or orc (most folks here would probably not recommend this), there's a feature currently in beta that would allow you to do that and then automatically add in the bonus.
Hey Chris B One players sheet was locked up after about 20 minutes in (Friday night), I could change the tabs but he was stuck on his end. &nbsp;I ended up giving him another blank sheet and that was the temp fix for friday. I'll see if this happens again in today's game. Tom
Joe B. said: The sheet isn't set up for racial traits, class features, feats, etc. to automatically affect other areas of the sheet. You'll need to go to the appropriate section of the sheet and make the changes there. For example, speed is on the core tab; you'd just put 20 in as the base speed. To add in the Hatred +1 vs. goblins & orcs, you'd want to put a note in the attack notes box on the attacks tab and make sure each of your attacks is set up to show attack notes. Then, when you use the button for an attack, it'll print out the note below the rolls so you can add it in. Alternatively, if you wanted a box to pop up each time you attack asking if you're attacking a goblin or orc (most folks here would probably not recommend this), there's a feature currently in beta that would allow you to do that and then automatically add in the bonus. Ah so I just type in the racial trait/class ability etc.. with descriptions so that they are listed and can be looked up right? So what would the use of the field "uses/max" and "max calc" be? Thats what confused me! And for someting like +2 vs poision I would use the defense notes?
Dennis W. said: Ah so I just type in the racial trait/class ability etc.. with descriptions so that they are listed and can be looked up right? Yep. So what would the use of the field "uses/max" and "max calc" be? Thats what confused me! That would be for abilities that have a certain number of uses per day that need to be tracked. Something like a cleric's channel energy, for example. You'd put the formula for calculating the number of times per day you can use it in the "max calc" field. It'd show the result of the calculation in the "max" field, and you'd use "uses" to track how many times you've already used it that day. And for someting like +2 vs poision I would use the defense notes? I'd actually use the "save notes" on the defenses tab, but you've got the right idea.
Great, thank you very much! Now everything makes a lot more sense :) And thanks to everyone who worked at this character sheet, I really like it :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Dennis There are just too many situational modifiers to cover everything. &nbsp;You can use notes on the sheet attack(weapon notes and or additional) and defense/saves and use the Options subsection to toggle them to be shown with the roll. &nbsp;These are textarea boxes and will allow inline rolls and hypertext to be included in the notes. The Short Description and Description(long) fields work similarly as well. &nbsp;You can create situational buffs Buffs and/or create unique/situational attacks or even edit the macro-text and include a query ie " + [[ ?{Modifier?|0} ]] " &nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1468689578
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When someone has a problem with tabs, please post the operating system, browser , and browser version (usually in the Help -&gt; About screen). Also, is it only tabs, or is it also the subsections on each "page" of the sheet? In beta I completely removed the html5 in case that was it ... I wish I could reproduce it. It only happens once in a long time for me and usually only when multiple people are on, never by myself.
Would it be possible to add a button that turns off the character sheet's functionality. On 99% of all the characters and monsters I use I love the character sheet. But sometimes I only need like 10 attributes, but the character sheets keeps adding to the attribute list and overwriting similarly named attributes like "AC".
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That's an interesting concept Jake. &nbsp;Seems like it would be possible to set an attribute that "disables" sheet-workers. &nbsp; In essence making the sheet non-calculating. &nbsp;Kind of like a real-world paper sheet, no? &nbsp;;-) &nbsp;The idea of making the NPC page non-calculating (flat) has been kicked around. &nbsp;Having a toggle to do this instead is intriguing.
Hey guys ran my Kingmaker game last night. &nbsp;I had atleast 4 separate instances where that tab attribute popped up locking up my players sheets. &nbsp;I know you know about it I just wanted to let you know its still a thing. &nbsp;If it helps, the game ran about 5 and a half hours but thats about it. &nbsp;It happened twice on a new guys sheet, once on my wifes, and once on another players sheet. &nbsp;Thats most of what I can remember and true to form it was resolved once I went in and deleted the attribute. &nbsp;Just thought you should know the bug is still knocking around.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm probably just being blind, but where is the checkbox for "only show prepared spells" for the spellbook?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's on the config page,&nbsp; in the new beta it's moved to the spells page in "spells per day" section.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, thanks Chris. Definitely like the idea of it being on the spells page. Might I make a suggestion though? Since it sounds like this is a global option, I think it would be better to have an option for each spell casting class.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oh yes it is in beta per class
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Awesome, sorry, haven't had time to check beta lately
I'm noticing the Lockout a lot when I use the Class Abilities page and the Tabs on that page. I've already sent you the info on browser and the likes.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Courtney R. said: I'm noticing the Lockout a lot when I use the Class Abilities page and the Tabs on that page. I've already sent you the info on browser and the likes. It might be more productive to post tab issues to&nbsp; [PF] Tabbing on character sheets stops working Concentrated fire if you will. &nbsp;;-)
Another question about the inventory, speed and encumbrance. In the Inventory tab I can fill out different slots like hands, head, chest etc.. but I am not seeing anything regarding shields, weapons and amor in regards to their weight (I know that I can add them for combat purposes under defense/attack). And this leads to confusion regarding encrumbrance, the wiki says: "( Note: If "Dwarf" is in the race field, it will ignore encumbrance from armor and weight as per the Pathfinder rules.)" But how does this work if I don't have a armor slot?

Edited 1468966758
Magik
Sheet Author
When your GM deletes a character sheet from game, it has to go through a process that seems like it deletes every individual attribute first. It takes a long time with characters that have been well-used. The browser is not locked-up. It is processing the request. I have a character that takes 10 minutes to delete. It isn't something that you want to do during a gaming session.
Magik
Sheet Author
Dennis W. said: Another question about the inventory, speed and encumbrance. In the Inventory tab I can fill out different slots like hands, head, chest etc.. but I am not seeing anything regarding shields, weapons and amor in regards to their weight (I know that I can add them for combat purposes under defense/attack). And this leads to confusion regarding encrumbrance, the wiki says: "( Note: If "Dwarf" is in the race field, it will ignore encumbrance from armor and weight as per the Pathfinder rules.)" But how does this work if I don't have a armor slot? The "Worn Equipment" section will be going away entirely. In its place will be further entries to the drop-down for Location in the "Equipment" section. Worn locations to be added: Armor, Belt, Body, Chest, Eyes, Feet, Hands, Head, Headband, Neck, Ring 1, Ring 2, Shield, Shoulders, Wrist. I wasn't considering adding a "Slotless" entry to the list since that would simply be Carried, in my opinion. Anything that you put in the "Worn Equipment" section will be migrated when this change is made. Some features of this drop-down modification: 1. All equipment will be managed from one section. This will avoid duplication of effort in trying to update equipment in multiple locations on the sheet. 2. The drop-down will trigger sheetworker code to enforce uniqueness in slot usage. 3. The drop-down will trigger updates to the Worn Armor and Worn Shield on the Defenses tab. On the Defenses tab are entries for Armor and Shields. When you fill in those details then enable them (i.e. they are actively worn) then things like movement penalties will be activated and the exception for Dwarves will be taken into account.
Magik said: Dennis W. said: Another question about the inventory, speed and encumbrance. In the Inventory tab I can fill out different slots like hands, head, chest etc.. but I am not seeing anything regarding shields, weapons and amor in regards to their weight (I know that I can add them for combat purposes under defense/attack). And this leads to confusion regarding encrumbrance, the wiki says: "( Note: If "Dwarf" is in the race field, it will ignore encumbrance from armor and weight as per the Pathfinder rules.)" But how does this work if I don't have a armor slot? The "Worn Equipment" section will be going away entirely. In its place will be further entries to the drop-down for Location in the "Equipment" section. Worn locations to be added: Armor, Belt, Body, Chest, Eyes, Feet, Hands, Head, Headband, Neck, Ring 1, Ring 2, Shield, Shoulders, Wrist. I wasn't considering adding a "Slotless" entry to the list since that would simply be Carried, in my opinion. Anything that you put in the "Worn Equipment" section will be migrated when this change is made. Some features of this drop-down modification: 1. All equipment will be managed from one section. This will avoid duplication of effort in trying to update equipment in multiple locations on the sheet. 2. The drop-down will trigger sheetworker code to enforce uniqueness in slot usage. 3. The drop-down will trigger updates to the Worn Armor and Worn Shield on the Defenses tab. On the Defenses tab are entries for Armor and Shields. When you fill in those details then enable them (i.e. they are actively worn) then things like movement penalties will be activated and the exception for Dwarves will be taken into account. That sounds like a good change and will make using the sheet much easier :) Is there a time frame when this change will be implemented or is it just a "to do"? Thanks for your answer, the defenses tab is quite easy to understand&nbsp; but concerning the weight of the armor I currently have to add a additional entry in the Inventory tab for the armor correct? So I would have "Scale Mail" listed in the defense tab for combat purposes and I would have an entry "Scale Mail" in the equipment tab for weight purposes?
Magik
Sheet Author
&gt;but concerning the weight of the armor I currently have to add a additional entry in the Inventory tab for the armor correct? So I would have "Scale Mail" listed in the defense tab for combat purposes and I would have an entry "Scale Mail" in the equipment tab for weight purposes? Correct. Having the entry in the Inventory with its weight will allow the sheet to calculate your carried weight and adjust your Encumbrance Load, which can affect your combat modifiers also. Enabling the armor and shield in the Defenses tab will further adjust your combat modifiers and the speed on the Core tab, as appropriate.
Great, thanks for the help :) Looking forward to using this wonderful sheet for our first session!
If you select "All" under "Class Abilty" and then try to hide it, it only hides the selection bar but not the actual abilities:

Edited 1469227339
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks KitCat. &nbsp;This works in beta. &nbsp;We'll make sure it's included in the next update. &nbsp;
In the beta, I saw that you've updated the 'insert macro' code I requested. So far, everything seems like it works great. Thanks! I just have a couple more tweaks I'd suggest: Would you consider rearranging the order the insert macros occur in? My personal preference would be to start with the most specific and end with the most general (i.e. weapon-specific, then melee/ranged/cmb, then global). I intend to use the global fields for an 'other modifiers' prompt, which I'd like to show up after any other prompts, so my players have already seen which modifiers they don't have to calculate manually. As it's set up right now, I get the 'other' prompt in the middle, after the weapon-specific prompt, but before the melee/ranged/cmb prompt. If you want to see an example of what I mean, check out Ita Codouflo's longbow on the beta. When hovering over the attack and damage roll results, the modifiers are displayed differently for the initial attack than they are for iterative attacks. The initial attack keeps them all separated out, while the iterative attacks combine them into a single modifier. Would it make sense to make them consistent with one another? If so, I'd vote for keeping them all separated out, since it makes it easier to puzzle out how someone got the number they did. Finally, I also noticed an unrelated bug while playing around with things. The header image and melee/ranged/cmb notes don't display when the attack type is set to Alt Melee/Alt Ranged/Alt CMB. Thanks again for all your work on this sheet!