Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jake W. said: 2 questions. 1. Is a section for animal companions or familiars getting added to the sheet, Maybe under another tab or something? 2. Would it be possible to allow rolling a spell from the sheet button to decrement the "Uses" value of the appropriate spell level, or the "prepared" value on the spell itself. Maybe adding a drop down menu under "Spell Class 0" to choose if you're a prepared or spontaneous caster.  I got a player in my game who I trust but he plays it fast and loose near the end of ingame days. Hey Jake, Although this is not in the sheet, I use Aaron's  ammo script to do this. It works pretty well, although I keep meaning to go in and screw around with the chat output so it matches what is actually being used.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Samuel Penn said: I can't seem to get hitpoints to work properly in the sheets. I've created a fresh new character, set it as an NPC, given it 1d8 racial hit dice and a CON of 24, and it shows up as having 4 hitpoints. The fortitude bonus is showing up as +7, so the CON is being processed, but CON bonus is not applying to the hitpoints (and I've tried changing other attributes, to see if one of those is being used instead, and they aren't). Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong? The NPC sheet doesn't auto calc con bonus on NPCs. It relies on you to tell it what the HP mods are. Probably because so many NPCs are screwy with how things add up. Just add that +7 from the con into the misc field.
Magik
Sheet Author
Jake W. said: 2 questions. 1. Is a section for animal companions or familiars getting added to the sheet, Maybe under another tab or something? 2. Would it be possible to allow rolling a spell from the sheet button to decrement the "Uses" value of the appropriate spell level, or the "prepared" value on the spell itself. Maybe adding a drop down menu under "Spell Class 0" to choose if you're a prepared or spontaneous caster.  I got a player in my game who I trust but he plays it fast and loose near the end of ingame days. 1. Your GM needs to create another character sheet for you and you can put your companions, familiars, summoned monsters, etc there. 2. It requires the API (Pro level subscription) to do that, thus it cannot be built into the character sheet. You can see if existing API scripts will suit your needs, such as the UsePower API, which isn't exactly what you are looking for, but gives you control over limited use abilities. There actually is a way, but not with buttons. Without buttons, you would lose functionality that is desirable, such as dragging them to the quick launch bar, so we haven't implemented anything like that. You would have to always visit the sheet to be able to launch the macro that would modify the Uses value and have other intelligence built into it. I will likely be demo'ing something like that on PF Beta coming soon.
Scott C. said: Samuel Penn said: I can't seem to get hitpoints to work properly in the sheets. I've created a fresh new character, set it as an NPC, given it 1d8 racial hit dice and a CON of 24, and it shows up as having 4 hitpoints. The fortitude bonus is showing up as +7, so the CON is being processed, but CON bonus is not applying to the hitpoints (and I've tried changing other attributes, to see if one of those is being used instead, and they aren't). Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong? The NPC sheet doesn't auto calc con bonus on NPCs. It relies on you to tell it what the HP mods are. Probably because so many NPCs are screwy with how things add up. Just add that +7 from the con into the misc field. Okay, that's useful to know, thanks.
I try and create a buff for Inspire Courage +1 Melee, +1 Ranged, +1 Damage. However, the +1 Ranged does not work for some reason.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Dakcenturi, Your screenshot shows that it is properly displaying an increase of +1 in the buff. Does it not apply to your ranged bab under the attacks tab? One thing I noticed is that it may be necessary to toggle the default 0 in the misc bonus column for each attack or cmb bonus before the sheet will properly calculate all of the bonuses listed there. Scott

Edited 1467398629
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dakcenturi said: I try and create a buff for Inspire Courage +1 Melee, +1 Ranged, +1 Damage. However, the +1 Ranged does not work for some reason. I cannot recreate this, no matter what i do , even with all 3 fields with a modifier, I see "ranged" on the top.  I can only suggest recreating the buff. It's possible an invisible character got in there .. though if it's in the row it should be adding up. Also can you look at the top of the Attacks tab and see if it's adding to the Ranged there? To determine if it's just a display or a math issue.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can also put @{CON-mod} in the npc misc field  we have to take a serious look at the NPC page, it acts strange, as people note above, we can either make it a total seperate page, or we can reverse engineer monsters so you can use buffs and conditions on them. either way it will be a big pain
Hey! Just wanted to pop in and say the changes to the spells are simply amazing. All of the recent changes have made working with spell casters a dream. Keep up the awesome work!
^^ absolutely.  The work you guys have done with spells is amazing.  I no longer dread playing my mystic therge.  Cheers you guys!
I'm seeing a strange artefact when using a darkgreen colour for templates - the name and part of the image has a light green background. It doesn't happen for any other colour (that I've tried), and doesn't happen if using a simple template. It occurs for all characters I've tried, and with or without the image.

Edited 1467471590
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That's strange Samuel.  What browser and ver are you using?  I'm using Chrome (Version 52.0.2743.60 beta-m (64-bit)) without the issue... Also, is this on production(v54) or Beta(v55)? screen shot from beta.

Edited 1467471663
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This is an issue on Production(v54) but is fixed on the beta(v55)... so this will be handled in the next updated.  Thanks Samuel
Newbie question: I'm trying to set up a buff for the Scarlet Einhander stance from Path of War, which adds a variable 1d6 to damage. However, when i try to add [[1d6]] to the DMG Calc field, its not adding that roll to the total damage. Not sure what I'm missing here.  Is there a formatting issue I'm missing in the buff section to actually call a roll from within the buff?
Andrew A. said: Newbie question: I'm trying to set up a buff for the Scarlet Einhander stance from Path of War, which adds a variable 1d6 to damage. However, when i try to add [[1d6]] to the DMG Calc field, its not adding that roll to the total damage. Not sure what I'm missing here.  Is there a formatting issue I'm missing in the buff section to actually call a roll from within the buff? Rather than adding it as a buff, I'd just add + ?{Scarlet Einhander active?| Yes, [[1d6]] | No, 0 } inside the damage calculations section (towards the end of the calculations before the last set of ]] ) of the macro text of whatever it affects. I know this can seem tedious, but think this'd be a very effective solution. 
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes you can only add static values right now, so only a number or macro/attribute reference that evaluates to a single number. You have to customize the macro text to do that. In the Beta we finally added additional damage fields, so you can add more damage (that does not apply to crit) or more crit damage (such as thunderous weapons and the like) so you'll be able to add [[1d6]] for sneak attack or Scarlet Einhander
Looks like there has been a change in how spell description text is being handled. This make it so any spell dragged from the compendium will only display the description of what is in the compendium. Spells that are manually created do not show there descriptions at all. Here is an example of a cure light wounds dragged from the compendium and changed to roll the amount of points healed and it's output. Here is a CLW that was created manually (not dragged from the compendium) and had a description added. I include calculations in the spell description, so I need someway to have that output. Is there anyway to get the previous behavior where what was entered in the @{repeating_spells_$X_description} is included in the output?

Edited 1467585599
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Check the Spell Options and see if you are including everything you want output to chat.   You may need to check/uncheck to get the setting to take.
humannumber1 said: Looks like there has been a change in how spell description text is being handled. This make it so any spell dragged from the compendium will only display the description of what is in the compendium. Spells that are manually created do not show there descriptions at all. Here is an example of a cure light wounds dragged from the compendium and changed to roll the amount of points healed and it's output. Here is a CLW that was created manually (not dragged from the compendium) and had a description added. I include calculations in the spell description, so I need someway to have that output. Is there anyway to get the previous behavior where what was entered in the @{repeating_spells_$X_description} is included in the output? I just did a quick test. And I was able to get manually created Spells to work. I think you need to have a class picked and have the Spell Level filled in as well for the description to show up. Pre Submission edit: I just did a second quick test. It looks like you NEED to have the spell level filled in for the spell to show up ( or at least have touched the spell level).
Vince said: Check the Spell Options and see if you are including everything you want output to chat.   You may need to check/uncheck to get the setting to take. This is interesting. Everything was checked in the Spell Roll options, as by default (I assume, I have never changed it). I unchecked description and as expected the description was not included in the output of the roll template. When I rechecked description, it now had my custom description. I can reproduce this by: - pulling a new spell from the compendium - making a change to the description - clicking the spells roll button and see no change. - uncheck and recheck the description box in the spell options - clicking the spells roll button and see the change.

Edited 1467587943
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
We just changed Spell Options from being a per/spell setting to a global option to reduce the number of sheet attributes in a never ending tug-of-war of features vs performance loss.  ;-( We may need to add an onChange trigger for Description.  Chris?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I guess I missed the description in the events
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Description event is fixed in beta.  Bunch of new stuff is in beta, mostly for attacks, but some spell additions. Check the first post in this thread
I was checking out the changes to the Beta Sheet, and I noticed that the NPC sheet no longer has a repeatable section for spell-like abilities, but now sports a text block instead. Is there a reason for this, and/or will the spell-like ability section be moved somewhere else? I ask because one of my characters has several (maybe 10+ spell-like abilities) typed up, and I would like to have a heads up if I will have to have them saved as independant macros or if I will have to convert them into spells (I was keeping them separate for a matter of convenience). 
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
whoops, that is a bug. half the page went missing :)  they should still be there. we'll fix it tonight.
I'm looking forward to trying out the new changes to the attacks when I get home this evening. You list macro fields for damage that doesn't apply to crits and for damage that only applies to crits. Are there plans to add a field for extra damage that applies to both crits and non-crits (e.g. Power Attack) or do we need to enter the extra damage twice, once in each field? Is there any chance we can get a field to add a macro to the attack roll? Thanks!

Edited 1467831008
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are 2 fields each for non crit and crit so you can just add the rolls to each, and still have extra fields for other stuff. Power attack is just a multiplier, which you can add 1.5 or 2 to the times damage, which is where you'd want to put that. That is a separate field now. Easiest would be to use seperate rows for power attack and non power attack. Adding a query to ask you each time would be complicated  There is a "damage mod" field where you can add a flat # damage that applies to both regular damage and crits. But you cannot add a roll to that, only reference to other attributes, and you can't put queries in there. The extra damage is for rolls you may want to add, or query dependent damage, or damage special to crits or non crits. Extra damage rolls don't apply to crits which is why it is split up, only extra flat damage #s apply to crits. (an exception would be if the weapon itself did 1d4+1d6 or something crazy, which some say the buckler/sword thing does)   however if you add a query, it will still print the result to the roll table, just a "0" (assuming a choice is 0) If you want to add extra rolls to both, you can simply repeat it in the crit section. For example: So if you do an extra 1d6 damage that also applies to crits, you can set: xtra dmg 1:  [[1d6]]          xtra dmg 1 desc: description xtra crit1:  [[1d6]]          xtra crit1 desc: description <-- this will also roll 1d6 on crit and it will apply. There are 2 extra non crit damages and 2 extra crit damages. Similarly if you have sneak attack and a Flaming weapon it would be: xtra dmg 1: [[1d6]]           xtra dmg 1 desc: Fire xtra dmg 2: [[floor((@{level}+1)/2)d6]]        xtra dmg 2 desc: Sneak Attack or fancy sneak attack ( you can add queries , you don't even have to escape the } inside them ) i just tested the below and it works: xtra dmg 2: ?{sneak attack|Y,[[floor((@{level}+1)/2)d6]]|N,0}    xtra dmg 2 desc: Sneak Attack if you have a Flaming Burst weapon: xtra dmg 1: [[1d6]]              xtra dmg 1 desc: Fire xtra crit1: [[1d10]]             xtra crit 1 desc  : Fire or you could get fancy if the flaming burst is not a simple x2: xtra dmg 1: [[1d6]]                          xtra dmg 1 desc: Fire xtra crit1: [[(@{crit-multiplier}-1)d10]]    xtra crit 1 desc : Fire edit: ok since you can add queries, you can do this for power attack: edit2 updated for correct power attack calc xtra dmg 1: ?{Power Attack|Y,floor(@{bab}*.25)|N,0} xtra dmg 1 desc: Power Attack xtra crit1: [[(@{crit-multiplier}-1)*?{Power Attack}]] xtra crit 1 desc: Power Attack
chris b. said: There are 2 fields each for non crit and crit so you can just add the rolls to each. Power attack is just a multiplier, which you can add 1.5 or 2 to the times damage, which is where you'd want to put that. That is a separate field now. Easiest would be to use seperate rows for power attack and non power attack. Adding a query to ask you each time would be complicated  I'm not sure exactly what you mean by power attack being a multiplier, since it adds a fixed amount to each damage roll, but adding a query each time is exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm already using a custom macro that does it, but I was hoping to be able to put it into the standard attack macro before I get to the point where I need to deal with iterative attacks. The important parts of what I'm currently using are: {{attack=[[1d20cs>@{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-target} + @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-attack} - ?{Power Attack|Yes,[[(floor(@{bab} * 0.25) + 1)]]|No, 0} [Power Attack] ]] }} {{crit_confirm=[[1d20 + @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-attack} - ?{Power Attack} [Power Attack] ]] }} {{damage=[[@{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-die} + @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-damage} + 3 [2 hands] * ?{Power Attack}  [Power Attack] ]] }} {{crit_damage=[[(@{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-dice-num} * (@{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-die} + (@{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-multiplier} - 1) * (@{repeating_weapon_$0_total-damage} + 3 [2 hands] * ?{Power Attack} [Power Attack] ) ]] }} What I'd love to have is a field where I can put macro text to be added to the attack roll, where I'd subtract the roll query (?{Power Attack|Yes,[[(floor(@{bab} * 0.25) + 1)]]|No, 0}). Then, I could just add 3 * ?{Power Attack} to the damage fields for two-handed weapons and 2 * ?{Power Attack} for one-handed weapons. Not having to manually put this into each iterative attack would be fantastic.

Edited 1467830936
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Power Attack: Multiplier plus a fixed amount at later levels. <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/power-attack-combat---final" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/power-attack-combat---final</a> The newly added extra damages are added to any iterative attacks automatically.&nbsp;

Edited 1467831101
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I think what Joe is saying about power attack is that it isn't a multiplier in the sense of "x2 damage". It's "add 2 damage, and subtract 1 attack, increasing these bonuses/penalties by +2/-1 every 4 bab" It's a fixed number at any given level.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
STR buff baby. &nbsp;;-)

Edited 1467833745
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
OK i was totally confused, I was thinking it was 1.5 x STR, where did I get that from? You didn't have to add all that, if you are willing to just have 2 rows without a query, then you can just add this to the damage modifiers text input, plus or minus times 2 depending on attack or damage. floor(@{bab}/4) and you could then have 2 rows for each attack type/weapon. one with power attack and one without. that seems like a lot, but it is sure easier than editing all those macros. Re: new field for a query:&nbsp;2 new fields, one for attack and one for damage, might not be too hard, you'd have to add in the query yourself but at least only twice (one for attack one for damage) not 16 times. Only problem is it would affect everyone's macros.&nbsp; deleted a bunch of stuff
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, maybe not a str buff, but certainly a attack penalty/dmg buff done in the buffs section would be a nice easy way to do it. (although you'd have to have the sheet open for toggling back and forth)

Edited 1467834719
chris b. said: But to just add it in to the damage total WITH a query that references a special macro field, we'd have to do basically the same as you above, and add queries referencing the field. This would break everyone's macros and they'd have to clear out the macro text, ... but apparently we've been breaking macros every release and not knowing it...also each field slows down the sheet, and it would make it a lot harder for people to customize macros, or for us to support it.&nbsp; let me think for awhile about how we might be able to do it. I'm not a fan of using a buff for power attack, since it's not a continuing condition but rather a per-attack decision, which could involve frequently having to go into the sheet to toggle it. My group doesn't have enough devices for everyone to have one for the tabletop and one for the sheet, so we try to minimize how often we have to go into the sheet. We also already have a whole bunch of buttons at the top of the screen and would much prefer to use a query rather than double the number of attack buttons. For those reasons, we tend to use a lot of queries instead of buffs or extra repeating items. I appreciate that we might use Roll20 differently than a lot of other people, and if it's decided not to add the fields I'm hoping for, I certainly won't be upset. That said, I think this is something that could be useful for multiple purposes. For example, I'd also love to add a flanking query to melee attacks and a range query to ranged attacks. Both would fit quite well in the same field as the power attack modifier. I may be biased, but I'd also always advocate for increased functionality even at the cost of breaking macros. chris b. said: Re: new field for a query: 2 new fields, one for attack and one for damage, might not be too hard, you'd have to add in the query yourself but at least only twice (one for attack one for damage) not 16 times. Only problem is it would affect everyone's macros. That's exactly what I'm hoping for.

Edited 1467838189
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
have you seen the new All Attacks macro button? it shows all your attacks, then making 2 rows and just picking is a lot easier. you can drag it to the bar too, or make an ability macro. It ends up the same as a query, since it prints to the chat and you can choose the button for the attack you want, and it whispers to you.
I'm not sure if I asked this already but is it possible to get those attack books and spell books Macro so that I can access them without pulling up the character sheet you know creating a macro at the bottom of the screen in the macro bar
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
it is answered up thread,&nbsp; yes you can drag it to the bottom bar from the page. or just enter %{charactername|attacks_buttons_macro}
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Yep, every button on the sheet can be referenced and/or dragged to the macro-quickbar. &nbsp;We also offer up customizable macro-text for just about every button/roll on the sheet.
chris b. said: have you seen the new All Attacks macro button? it shows all your attacks, then making 2 rows and just picking is a lot easier. you can drag it to the bar too, or make an ability macro. It ends up the same as a query, since it prints to the chat and you can choose the button for the attack you want, and it whispers to you. It's certainly a possibility but definitely not my first choice for multiple reasons. Any time you have to enter the same data more than once, it's an extra opportunity to make a mistake. I sometimes like to make entries for spells requiring attack rolls and call them from the spell macro. I don't want those showing up in two places, confusing my inexperienced players. While it's a solution for power attack, it's not practical if you want to make the equivalent of multiple queries (as in the flanking/range queries I suggested in my last post). The number of entries that would have to be maintained builds up fast. Just imagine a character who has only longsword and a dagger: Longsword, Longsword (Power Attack), Longsword (Flanking), Longsword (Flanking & Power Attack), Dagger (Melee), Dagger (10'), Dagger (15-20'), Dagger (25-30'), Dagger (35-40'), Dagger (45-50'). That's 10 rows. However with roll queries, it can be kept to three rows: Longsword, Dagger (Melee), Dagger (Ranged). This solution does not allow for the equivalent of a text entry roll query for random one-off adjustments. Firing into melee? Toss in a quick -4. Have higher ground? +1.
Joe a good suggestion to use then is just to have a simple query of ?{Attack Modifiers|0} and ?{Dmg Modifiers|0}. That one will let you input whatever the hell numbers you need without bogging down with too many queries ( Like I love to do ). You can also include a ?{Modifier Description} query for you to add in notes like Flanking, PA, Etc.

Edited 1467891567
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah I am thinking we could have 2 global macro fields, for attack and damage (then , inevitably, other rolls). and they'd be inserted into the roll. Which might be easier than editing thr macro text fields that do the actual Rolling. Since then you would also be more forward compatible -we could release new features without breaking existing customizations. Except for this first time . :) I was surprised when we released .44 some people said they had to redo macros, since we didn't change field names or the macro text field. If some of you could IM me more complex macros you use I could have them for testing. Also I realize we should find a way to differentiate macro fields that must evaluate to a number before the roll (they have a number field to the right), and "full" macro fields that are sent to chat as-is. not sure how.
On the topic of Power Attacks, couldn't &nbsp;you do like a two tier query inside the attack/damage fields where you do something along the lines of ?{Power Attack| Yes, [[ floor(?{Damage/Attack& #124;0 & #125;/4) ]] | No, 0 } Courtney R. said: Joe a good suggestion to use then is just to have a simple query of ?{Attack Modifiers|0} and ?{Dmg Modifiers|0}. That one will let you input whatever the hell numbers you need without bogging down with too many queries ( Like I love to do ). You can also include a ?{Modifier Description} query for you to add in notes like Flanking, PA, Etc. You love using complex queries? Me too! I don't think I do them quite as complex as the one you did in your link, but I did get up to 6 attacks and all Skills available at the touch of a button and choosing which category -&gt; attack/skill you want. Replaced macro texts, but it works for a really nice and smooth usage. It's also easy to tailor to add in spells/items as well. Very useful for people using the older sheets and not using the powercards (can't figure out how to get it to work with them). Queries are love. Queries are life. Never forget this.
chris b. said: Yeah I am thinking we could have 2 global macro fields, for attack and damage (then , inevitably, other rolls). and they'd be inserted into the roll. Which might be easier than editing thr macro text fields that do the actual Rolling. Since then you would also be more forward compatible -we could release new features without breaking existing customizations. Except for this first time . :) I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "global" here. Are you talking about single fields that are shared by all rows or individual fields within each row? I was surprised when we released .44 some people said they had to redo macros, since we didn't change field names or the macro text field. If some of you could IM me more complex macros you use I could have them for testing. Also I realize we should find a way to differentiate macro fields that must evaluate to a number before the roll (they have a number field to the right), and "full" macro fields that are sent to chat as-is. not sure how. This would be great. It's frustrating work out macro text for a field only to later realize that the field doesn't support it. Would something as simple as a different background color make sense?

Edited 1467908659
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes I meant one for the whole sheet. Alternatively ,&nbsp; 1 attack, and 1 each for melee,ranged,cmb, such as @{all-attacks-macro} and @{melee-attack-macro} 1 damage, maybe a separate damage for each attack type then concatenate them &nbsp;@{total-melee-attack-macro} = @{all-attacks-macro}@{melee-attack-macro} or should i instead add them: &nbsp; @{total-melee-attack-macro} =&nbsp;@{all-attacks-macro} + @{melee-attack-macro} I suppose we could add an attack and damage per attack as well, if that is not overkill, &nbsp; so if for this row it is @{repeating_weapon_$X_addl-attack-macro} so the roll would be: {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} ]] + [[@{total-melee-attack-macro} ]] + [[@{addl-attack-macro} ]] ]]}} instead of&nbsp; {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} ]] ]]}} then you'd have several places to put queries that eventually turn into numbers that add in. you'd have to be careful to not re-use query names.&nbsp; Or even, like the buffs, one macro to "insert" into the rolls for every kind of roll/check. a per entire sheet skill and ability check insert: {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Acrobatics} ]] + [[ @{total-skill-macro}]] ]]}} like that (for something like "enforce training" where it doesn't roll or gives 0 if player has no ranks on a skill that requires training, i'd probably have to do something different for that built into the sheet)

Edited 1467912480
chris b. said: Yes I meant one for the whole sheet. Alternatively ,&nbsp; 1 attack, and 1 each for melee,ranged,cmb, such as @{all-attacks-macro} and @{melee-attack-macro} 1 damage, maybe a separate damage for each attack type then concatenate them &nbsp;@{total-melee-attack-macro} = @{all-attacks-macro}@{melee-attack-macro} or should i instead add them: &nbsp; @{total-melee-attack-macro} =&nbsp;@{all-attacks-macro} + @{melee-attack-macro} I think the 1 general attack and 1 each for melee, ranged, and cmb would work well for what I've been looking for, although each would have to be balanced with a corresponding damage one. You wouldn't want, for example, a general damage "Power Attack" query to show up on a ranged attack. I would think that adding would make more sense than concatenating, since I can't think of anywhere else on the sheet where you have to start with a plus sign for it to work. While you're at it, I'd vote for the general macro to come after the specific one when you're putting them all together. I'm figuring that I'll use the general macros for a catch-all "Other Attack/Damage Mods" query, which I'd want to pop up after they've already gotten the "Power Attack" query in the melee macro or the "Range" query in the ranged macro. Edit: It just occurred to me that the damage modifier for power attack depends on whether the weapon is being wielded in one or two hands (or in the off hand). Is it possible to reference the damage ability multiplier for the current attack's row from a global macro? If not, then power attack couldn't be properly implemented using only global macros.
Courtney R. said: Joe a good suggestion to use then is just to have a simple query of ?{Attack Modifiers|0} and ?{Dmg Modifiers|0}. That one will let you input whatever the hell numbers you need without bogging down with too many queries ( Like I love to do ). You can also include a ?{Modifier Description} query for you to add in notes like Flanking, PA, Etc. You love using complex queries? Me too! I don't think I do them quite as complex as the one you did in your link, but I did get up to 6 attacks and all Skills available at the touch of a button and choosing which category -&gt; attack/skill you want. Replaced macro texts, but it works for a really nice and smooth usage. It's also easy to tailor to add in spells/items as well. Very useful for people using the older sheets and not using the powercards (can't figure out how to get it to work with them). Queries are love. Queries are life. Never forget this. To be honest, that one isn't so much as "Complex" as multi layered. It was one of the first Macros I really sat down and worked on. Now I only have, for my other characters, a single attack macro. My one Attack Macro applies like everything from Range Penalties to Cover to like everything. And my melee ones cover everything from Power Attack to Buffs to Etc. All of this is done in an inane amount of Queries. "PBS? Distance? Cover? Poison? Smoke? Anything Else?" (For a Bomb Alchemist)
chris b. said: Also I realize we should find a way to differentiate macro fields that must evaluate to a number before the roll (they have a number field to the right), and "full" macro fields that are sent to chat as-is. not sure how. While this would be awesome to have right on the sheet (not sure how), I think just having it document on a page somewhere, either in GH or the wiki would be a good step. I wonder if it would be possible to have a metadata tag on each field about what is supported in the field (i.e no macro, number macro, full macro) and then have a script generate a HTML page with a table on what is supported for each field. At the very least this would help me know if it's just something wrong with my macro or if I am trying something in the field that isn't supported. I think I could work on writing a script to do this if there is a way to identify what is supported in each field.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I was thinking at minimum, i could put it in the Placeholder. something like "equation" or "macro" ...&nbsp; or "# macro" vs "full macro" it wouldn't help if you have text in it already, but would for blank fields. in addition, maybe in the hover panel / title text. or maybe a key in the label, like &nbsp;(#) or (m) &nbsp;... all of those choices look crappy except the placeholder, but placeholder only may not be sufficient. All the UI books complain about it:) seriously I am a middle ware developer, where are the gui people hiding?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe all macro-text fields used for a sheet roll(button) are "post" sheet worker and will behave as expected when sent to chat. &nbsp;Easy to detect because the macro-text is usually a large textarea window that includes roll template syntax. &nbsp;All other macro fields on the sheet that are used in the calculations of other attributes are "pre" sheet worker auto-calcs and will get processed/resolved by the sheet. &nbsp;There are few exceptions to this, the new extra damage 1,2 being one. &nbsp;You cannot place anything in the "pre" fields that cannot be resolved by the sheet alone. Some title and/or placeholder text that include something indicating it is an "auto-calc macro" should be fine. &nbsp;Usually if something is so important you are afraid someone might not see it, you should just include the text right on the page. &nbsp;So maybe we need to add some text to the label. &nbsp;Footnote perhaps...
Does anyone know what is going on with this PF sheet as values seem to change (armor/skill points/weapons most every week lately, even with no update it seems, and now some sheets are just locking up and are stuck on one tab, VERY frustrating for my players as well as I. Refresh works once in a while but not most of the time Any clues on this anyone? Thanks Tom