Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The NPC flag would only affect hit points. other stuff. we'd have to see it in action. Things to be careful of: 2 people opening sheet at once will not work. They can if one is only looking, but otherwise changes will conflict with each other. 
Hi everyone, Don't know if someone suggested this (or if it should be posted on other thread), but is it possible to add a print button to get sheet printed with some good format? Maybe generating somekind of xml that get info and generates the print format. I'm asking this because I eventually play some live sessions with my roll20 group and it would be nice to have those sheets printed on these sessions. Thx in advance, and great work with the sheets.

Edited 1484159983
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Felipe It has been suggested &nbsp;;-) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1242365/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1242365/slug%7D</a> AFAIK, all sheet's on Roll20 suffer from this limitation. &nbsp;Grabbing screencaps and stitching them together is one method. &nbsp;Another method, which I used a long time ago when the sheet was much more sparse was to create a macro that posts any attribute data along with a it's label (ie STR: @{STR} &nbsp;Mod: @{STR-mod} ...etc.,) for the info you want on a printed sheet. Then copy and paste the chat log into a word processor where you could edit/rearrange as needed for a print friendly layout. &nbsp;This might be fine for a "stat-block" style of the sheet.&nbsp;
Hey there. Been using roll20 for 2 years but just started using the PF sheet recently. Not sure if it's a bug, a problem in my sheet or a settings but i'm having a small problem with how the load is calculated. Worn equipement load is calculated correctly. Equipement (carried) isn't. Only the first item is calculated. If i change teh weight of that item the Total will change, but all equipment in the next rows seems ignored. Any idea ?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
right now you have to toggle qty or weight qty must be 1 max must be 0 we're trying to fix this for the next release to be more intuitive
Magik
Sheet Author
Historically, these fields were a mixture of quantity and charges. So the idea behind it was that if you had a value in "max" then you were describing a single item with multiple charges, like a wand. So in that case the weight would only be calculated as if there was 1 qty so that you could put 27/50 to keep track of your wand of fireballs with 27 charges left. The weight and value are multiplied by the qty and are added to your total.
Hello. I've been using your sheet as a default for my campaign, and the wiki mentioned that fractional bonus rules are supported, however, when I try to enter a non-whole number, it calculates correctly, but if I attempt to add a new feat on the same "core" page, the sheet instead tells me that the values in BAB/Save fields need to be whole numbers. Is there a switch for this somewhere I didn't flip, or has something else happened?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure I follow Ignimortis. &nbsp;You can enter fractional data for BAB and Saves which get added together before rounding down. &nbsp;Total Feats are based off of your total level and any modifiers you enter for race, class, misc. &nbsp;" the sheet instead tells me that the values in BAB/Save fields need to be whole numbers ." &nbsp;Where are you seeing this? Thanks
Yes, they do get added together. The issue is that I get an error message (which doesn't affect anything, but is still a bit annoying), saying that I should use a whole number in this cell if I try to use one of two buttons on the same page - +Add New (Feat/Class Ability/Trait), or Modify in the same section. No other button prompts this, as far as I've seen. It might be browser (Chrome) related - if I change languages in browser settings, the language of the error message changes as well.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ive seen this on the equipment list too, it can be ignored, i think it comes from the browser expecting whole numbers, but our code doesn't care. i think it has to do with the step=1 in the html, i will test out that change and see if it eliminates the message

Edited 1484491194
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Chrome is attempting to validate your input, which is completely unrelated to the button press, that just seems to be when chrome decides to scan. Chrome expects that in number fields the value should be a multiple of the step, so because the field increments by 1 it assumes a decimal is invalid. So Chrome is trying to be helpful, it just isn't haha. This error can be thoroughly ignored without consequence. As for a fix for this, the formnovalidate atrribute would normaly be the fix, but i do not believe that it works on inputs that are not part of a form so i am at a loss for how prevent this error while maintaining the step functionality. EDIT: I had a mental lapse. if step="any" the step functionality defaults as if step="1" while accepting non integer numbers
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Strange I don't get this pop-up...
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
It is very inconsistent, it happens sometimes, but not always for me.
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
When O' when will monster parsing be normalized on this sheet?&nbsp; My campaign just entered 15th level territory.&nbsp; I need it more than evah!&nbsp; Please come to my rescue noble authors!

Edited 1484614708
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We froze the new features and am trying to get it out as soon as possible. still some bugs to iron out. i think it is close. but i've been saying that for a month. worked just about all of my 3day weekend on it, ;) I think over 30 hours. besides the npc parsing and inventory redo, the big thing we're trying to do is make it simpler, and also remove old bugs, i found it was not making sure sheet macros are up to date, so I've been working on functions to do that, while not losing user changes. these last few bugs and fixups are taking time. here is a link to a thread on the beta: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4484041/pathfind" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4484041/pathfind</a>...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes, please break things while the sheet is in beta. &nbsp;;-)

Edited 1484641487
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just started spending some time with the beta sheet, a few notes I have: The pf_defense template displays the "Defenses", "Saving Throws", and "Special" properties, even if the property isn't used in the maco; this results in three unused lines before the Save roll on saving throw macros, which is... ugly, and will drive me crazy. The "Saves" button should probably be labelled "Defenses", since it's for more than just saves; the "Defenses" button that shows up on the Defenses tab in edit mode should probably be labeled "All Defenses" (to set it apart from the renamed "Saves" button). Maybe include an option to roll the saves on the Defenses macro, rather than just including the bonuses?&nbsp; I know a number of players that prefer having a single macro to roll all three saves at once. Like with the current live version, spellbook macros don't seem to update without hitting the recalc button, at least when updating prepared spells using the "show only prepared spells" option. Speaking of the recalc button, I'm sure you're already aware, but just in case, hitting it clears the worn equipment, including armor, meaning I have to re-equip my armor every time I hit it to reset my spellbook macro. Auto-calc HP could use some work; "average" rolls are actually half the die size plus 0.5 (a creature with a d8 racial HD should get 4.5 HP per hit die (rounded down after multiplying by HD) if taking average), and PFS characters should get half die size plus 1 (a d8 class should get 5 per level). The new "Show" checkbox on class features is defaulting to "on", but new entries aren't showing up in the "Special Abilities" macro until you toggle it off/on. "Racial Traits" is a new category for the Class Features repeating section, but items listed there as "Racial Traits" still end up in the "Special Abilities" macro, instead of the "Racial Traits" macro (which only shows up when the Racial Traits repeating section is enabled).&nbsp; Maybe filter these out and into the Racial Traits macro? If we really want to get down to fine detail, maybe the option for per-class Special Abilities macros? I've also gotten my Hero Lab sheet worker code up to feature parity with my API script version; I'm working on updating it from the v.73 sheet to the v1.00 beta before submitting the code.

Edited 1484662944
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
cool thanks for the notes. Yes we went around trying to figure out, do we combine all those abilities into one list? That ultimately is the plan, just don't want to do too much yet.&nbsp; I guess there are 3 ways to go about it: 1. remove the choices from the rule_category dropdown that already have lists (those lists, like feats, have the field too, it is just hidden and the &nbsp;value is hardcoded) 2. keep them and have the menu macro read from both the class abilities/special features lists (like, the feats list, plus the left-most list where feats is a choice) 3. same as 2, but provide a button for users to copy the values from feats, traits, and racial traits to the special abilities list. (class features) (or just force migrate them ) The only thing making me hesitant about #3 is the spell migration we went through. of course those 3 lists are very simple compared to spells. some of those are new , some i thought i fixed.. augh! &nbsp;I have fewer lines of code in projects at work.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well, keep in mind that I got the code from the link on the first post; I'm not sure if that's supposed to be the most up-to-date version.
So I have no idea if this is the place to post this, but I've been having trouble (and my players as well) with the PF sheet for some time. &nbsp;It's finally annoying me enough to say something. &nbsp;Bear with me; I'm going to recount everything to be clear. First off, I use Chrome, and I do not use LastPass. &nbsp;I always check the "Is NPC" box. Often times with the sheet, I will enter a number (say in damage die under attacks) and often it will default back to 0. &nbsp;I have to click it again, and enter it twice. &nbsp;The same thing happens when I go to enter anything in the "Weapon Notes" section; often I'll start typing something and it will appear, then all erase as if I typed nothing at all, and it will start entering my text half way through my sentence. &nbsp;It's almost like I have to click the field, wait 20 seconds, then start typing. I'm having real trouble with the BAB and the attacks calculating properly. &nbsp;Very often I enter a weapon, and the weapon doesn't account for the BAB that I entered at the top of the sheet. &nbsp;So then I have to either put an outrageous modifier to make it work, or go back to the BAB, alter it, and then it appears (in altered form). &nbsp;Then I have to go back, change it again, wait for it to adjust (which sometimes it doesn't) and fiddle with it. Sometimes with HP I have to enter the extra HP from modifiers, and it calculates properly. &nbsp;Other times, I have to leave out the extra HP and just use the HD and it calculates properly. Sometimes saving throws calculate properly, other times I'll put in the modifier to get the proper number and nothing will update in the final number section. Does anyone else have these problems? &nbsp;Are these known issues? &nbsp;Is there something I'm doing wrong that I can correct? &nbsp;Do you require more info?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hit points and things not adding up: Mark are these problems happening in the NPC sheet? Some sound like problems with the current sheet (in beta we have totally redone the NPC sheet so it acts as expected, and no longer uses separate fields than the PC sheet) For instance currently NPC hit points &nbsp;completely ignore CON bonus. But PC hit points use the CON bonus. &nbsp;In the beta, starting with version 1 of the sheet, they will act the same. Attack fields: But I have not heard of the fields emptying and having to re-enter them, though &nbsp;I have seen that when there is long latency. What type of internet connection do you have? Also, regarding attacks, is this happening with new attack rows, such as you hit "add new" at the bottom of the list, and it adds a new row. then you start typing, and THEN it clears out the fields? or is it happening with already existing attacks? BAB adding to attacks: Finally ,can you give a screenshot of a sheet the moment the BAB &nbsp;is not adding in? Make sure that your attack type dropdown is set on the attack.

Edited 1484765353
Mark said: Often times with the sheet, I will enter a number (say in damage die under attacks) and often it will default back to 0. &nbsp;I have to click it again, and enter it twice. &nbsp;The same thing happens when I go to enter anything in the "Weapon Notes" section; often I'll start typing something and it will appear, then all erase as if I typed nothing at all, and it will start entering my text half way through my sentence. &nbsp;It's almost like I have to click the field, wait 20 seconds, then start typing. Does anyone else have these problems? &nbsp;Are these known issues? &nbsp;Is there something I'm doing wrong that I can correct? &nbsp;Do you require more info? That usually happens to me when I fill in a box, and immediately after I fill in another box before the previous box could calculate. This tends to happen to me pretty often on filling in buffs using formulas. I'm not sure if it's similar to what you're currently experiencing though.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think that is latency, the sheet takes a few seconds to calculate, so you have to wait until you see the calculated number appear in the little box to the right before pasting in the next formula. The issue with those formulas is they take several round trips to get the data. It has to go to the datastore 3 times just to set the value at the right, then more to go through the rest of the sheet propagating the results. It is faster now that Roll20 is caching on the browser. But still not very fast. If we didn't use the event model but instead tried to hardcode all the relationships it would be faster but the sheet would be so fragile it would be broken all the time.&nbsp; I don't know why it resets though, that must be something to do with Roll20 and how it is displaying the data, like it is refreshing ALL fields instead of only the one.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here's a simple request: can we have the sheet set non_lethal_damage|max to be the same as hp|max, for token bar purposes?

Edited 1484777079
Magik
Sheet Author
Mark said: Often times with the sheet, I will enter a number (say in damage die under attacks) and often it will default back to 0. &nbsp;I have to click it again, and enter it twice. &nbsp;The same thing happens when I go to enter anything in the "Weapon Notes" section; often I'll start typing something and it will appear, then all erase as if I typed nothing at all, and it will start entering my text half way through my sentence. &nbsp;It's almost like I have to click the field, wait 20 seconds, then start typing. You do have to wait for the field that you want to work with to become highlighted or else your browser isn't ready to receive the data you are entering. Watch this animated GIF to see the light blue box that surrounds the field as I tab across. Only when that field is highlighted will it accept input. Otherwise, you are wasting your time. Some changes to fields will take longer than others due to calculations that they trigger in the background. Many of these are changes that you will make outside of a combat situation, so it won't slot that down. EDIT: I think if you tab around, then the browser will force you to wait for the field to become editable. Mouse clicking around can skip this since tabbing out of a field will trigger the background calculations, but a mouse click to a new field makes you believe that you can start entering data right away, but the sheet isn't ready. You can avoid this problem and continue to use the mouse by instead of clicking directly into the next field you wish to edit, click a blank part of the shield (not another field or collapse/expand section), which will trigger the background tasks, then you can click on the next field, which will pause until it is ready to receive data. Some slowness can be overcome by having less repeating entries in the sheet and by following some best practices in keeping the game clean. 1. Clear the chat history. 2. Archive unused character sheets. The PF sheet is complex with many attributes that can bog down the game. 3. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Optimizing_Roll20_Performa" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Optimizing_Roll20_Performa</a>...
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James W. said: Here's a simple request: can we have the sheet set non_lethal_damage|max to be the same as hp|max, for token bar purposes? Yes, though I think it should be hp, since the max nonlethal is the current hp, any more and you Go &nbsp;unconscious.

Edited 1484781797
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
chris b. said: James W. said: Here's a simple request: can we have the sheet set non_lethal_damage|max to be the same as hp|max, for token bar purposes? Yes, though I think it should be hp, since the max nonlethal is the current hp, any more and you Go &nbsp;unconscious. But then you have to recalc non_lethal_damage|max every time hp changes, instead of just when hp|max changes. EDIT: Which is problematic, since updating HP from a token bar doesn't trigger sheet updates.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh yeah I forgot. Even with the new function it won't call the sheetworker&nbsp;

Edited 1484787265
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
chris b. said: Oh yeah I forgot. Even with the new function it won't call the sheetworker&nbsp; Yeah, I'm trying to write a script to force worker updates when you change bars linked to attributes, but I'm having issues with it . Also, I should point out another reason to link it to hp|max: any nonlethal damage beyond you max HP becomes lethal damage. EDIT: Turns out the reason the sheet isn't processing updates from the API with setWithWorker is that the sourceType ends up being "api", and the sheet wants the sourceType to be "player".&nbsp; The solution would be to replace eventInfo.sourceType === "player" with eventInfo.sourceType === "player" || eventInfo.sourceType === "api" ...all 50 times it appears.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oh totally missed that they updated that. I will add that to everywhere...&nbsp; hmm.. the other problem is in a lot of places i have !== 'player' &nbsp;.. which i should change to ==='sheetworker' &nbsp; ill do that so we can get it in beta right away
chris b. said: Attack fields: But I have not heard of the fields emptying and having to re-enter them, though &nbsp;I have seen that when there is long latency. What type of internet connection do you have? Also, regarding attacks, is this happening with new attack rows, such as you hit "add new" at the bottom of the list, and it adds a new row. then you start typing, and THEN it clears out the fields? or is it happening with already existing attacks? BAB adding to attacks: Finally ,can you give a screenshot of a sheet the moment the BAB &nbsp;is not adding in? Make sure that your attack type dropdown is set on the attack. Hello Chris. Thanks for the response. &nbsp;Although my internet isn't slow (it's at least 50, IIRC), I can understand the idea of it needing a second to calculate. &nbsp;Especially because I do normally use the tab key to move from field to field instead of the mouse. So specifically the attack problem. &nbsp;So what I'm doing is creating an NPC on the appropriate NPC sheet. &nbsp;I start at the top and work my way down; I put in their stats and BAB, etc. &nbsp;I go to "add new weapon" under the NPC attacks section. &nbsp;I put in the name, attack mod (usually 0), select the type, enter the damage dice (assuming no change to crits), damage mods, damage ability, etc. &nbsp;The problem I'm having is the grey "Attack" box doesn't always show the BAB. &nbsp;So it'll stay at 0. &nbsp;If I put in an attack modifier, it will change to that. &nbsp;And then I have to go and change the BAB and it will often recalculate at that point, and then I have to go back, and change the attack modifier back to 0, the BAB to what it should be, and if roll20 likes me it will subtract properly to the correct number. &nbsp;This doesn't happen all the time, but it's often enough to really be a pain. This is a quick example I whipped up, and I did some stuff out of order. &nbsp;That may be the problem in this case, but I think it illustrates it. &nbsp;I put in the BAB of 5 and then jumped to enter the weapon. &nbsp;It calculated properly as you can see. &nbsp;Then I went to Str and changed it from 10 to 15. &nbsp;The weapon however has not updated to reflect that in the Attack box. Does that help to clarify my issue?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes.. argh i think the NPC uses a differnet BAB than the attacks, i can't believe that has been there the whole time and we missed it. if you go to the "core" page you can add any number to the BAB column of a class row as a workaround. we're trying to finish debugging the new sheet as fast as possible so the new NPC page will be available which will solve all these problems.
chris b. said: we're trying to finish debugging the new sheet as fast as possible so the new NPC page will be available which will solve all these problems. No worries Chris. &nbsp;I should end by saying that you guys have done a fantastic job on these sheets; they really do make the game wonderful. &nbsp;It's only when there's a problem that it's an issue, and it's only because they're so great that the problems are thrown into greater focus than they should be. You guys probably never hear when everything works properly, so problems aside, I want you to know that you're doing great work.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh, something I forgot to mention with my notes before: I like how clicking the links at the bottom of the sheet puts the URLs in chat as links, but those should probably be whispered to the character, instead of putting them out there for everyone to see...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
James W. said: Oh, something I forgot to mention with my notes before: I like how clicking the links at the bottom of the sheet puts the URLs in chat as links, but those should probably be whispered to the character, instead of putting them out there for everyone to see... Are you kidding James. &nbsp;We want those links to be televised, emailed, faxed, and smoke-signaled! &nbsp; ;-)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think also, besides the url, it should announce to everyone: "I am looking at this awesome wiki, you should see this !" or "I am volunteering to help beta test , it is fun!" or "I am going to help translate this into our language!" (though that one would . we wouldn't know the language until it was already translated so.. it will have to be in English)

Edited 1484857192
I added a ?{Skill mod|0} to my skill-macro variable. so anytime i roll a skill, i get a popup and i can easily add a modifier and i really like that. I want to do the same thing with attack and damage rolls but I can't find it in the list of variable but i know there are attack-macro and damage-macro available but they are not in Attributes. I know i could add buffs but it doesn't seem practicable to mods bufs for stuff that happens often like flanking, higher ground, cover, attacking into melee. &nbsp; ATM, i modified the macro text of each weapons and added ?{Atk Modifier|0} but i'm not sure how to deal with the damage.&nbsp; so my question, how can get this ? Ideal, i would like to not have to modify each weapon macro text but i'll do if I have no other choices. (Also, I want critical damage to still works if i add a damage modifier.) Thanks!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
On the config page there is an option "Display Advanced Rolltime Macro Fields" that will allow you to add queries, they will appear above the Attacks list.
Under Set Buffs please add the option for Dodge
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Patrick S. said: Under Set Buffs please add the option for Dodge Playing devils advocate here... &nbsp;but does the current sheet handle the use case without having to add more features? I know it doesn't show as a "Dodge" bonus, but wouldn't adding a buff for AC work just as well?
For some reason my player is getting these crazy nonsensical numbers on their skill ranks and I think it's related to these CL/AC/SZ/CO numbers, which I can't seem to find where they even got input like this to fix it. This isn't even the worst example of this. We only notice it because the player was getting a +13 on their Perception rolls which is...impossible at their level. But here's stealth, where 2+1=10. How do I fix this? I'm clueless.

Edited 1485157720
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
the "CL/AC/SZ/CO" section stands for&nbsp;"Class Skill Bonus, Armor Check Penalty, Size modifier, Conditions". So the player is getting the +3 for having a rank in a class skill, and the +4 for having there Size set to "Small" in the core section. Edit: Wrote tiny when I meant small, fixed
Nibrodooh said: the "CL/AC/SZ/CO" section stands for&nbsp;"Class Skill Bonus, Armor Check Penalty, Size modifier, Conditions". So the player is getting the +3 for having a rank in a class skill, and the +4 for having there Size set to "Tiny" in the core section. I just checked their sheet and they aren't set to tiny (Small, halfling character) and the 4 is only showing up on Stealth. So I'm not sure if it's just a glitch in the sheet or if I just don't know how to change the numbers to get this to work properly. Disclaimer that I am new at this whole DM thing and I'm still working out kinks on just...knowing stuff, but the character is a level 2 bard, it seems really weird that they are getting a +10 in Stealth with only 2 ranks applied to it? Also sorry if this isn't the right thread, I just had no idea where to post this.
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
I made a mistake in my post, small would be consistent with what is shown. In pathfinder you get a +4 bonus to stealth for being a small character&nbsp; [PRD] , as well as a +3 bonus for being trained in a skill&nbsp; [PRD] and thus a total bouns of +10 is consistent for that character.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Corvo said: I just checked their sheet and they aren't set to tiny (Small, halfling character) and the 4 is only showing up on Stealth.&nbsp; I think the only skills affected by size are Stealth, Fly, and Intimidate...
Ok cool! Thank you for the help! Sorry it wasn't related to the character sheet as much as I thought.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If it were possible to change the hover text we would, but unfortunately that is not something that can be changed.&nbsp; wait, we should be updating Intimidate? i only have stealth and fly being affected (stealth is 2x the effect)
No, Intimidate is a relative bonus, not an absolute one. (You get +4/-4 for each size category that you are larger/smaller than your opponent.)&nbsp; A problem I have with the sheet though (both current and the new beta sheet) is how the buff section behaves with "checks". If you add a bonus there, it gets added to both skill checks and ability checks, but there are tons of abilities out there that add to skill checks and not to ability checks. Can this get split up into two? Skill checks for skills, and ability checks for stats (which oddly includes initiative, since it is technically a "dex check")?

Edited 1485204390
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
"but there are tons of abilities out there that add to skill checks and not to ability checks" can you name any? I could find zero, which is why I did it that way. &nbsp; (not "x based skills" which we haven't implemented yet) but I could not find even one instance where it said "ability checks" or "skill checks", but not "ability checks and skillchecks", always both
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
chris b. said: "but there are tons of abilities out there that add to skill checks and not to ability checks" can you name any? I could find zero, which is why I did it that way.&nbsp; Heroism, for one.