Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Edited 1469239478
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
re: order: yes that makes sense, i thought i had them in order from most to least (or reverse) but yeah.. i did not ;) re: the number: I think I did it that way since it is always the same number. For those "insert macros" even if you have a roll it does not roll it again, like the extra damage ones do. hmm... will that be necessary? ... sigh ... i guess someone might put a roll and expect it to be rolled seperate for each iteration (and for each crit ugh,)
I really appreciate the work you guys have done on this sheet but I've gotta second the other reports--the sheets are basically unusable for every player in my two campaigns and now a third game I'm playing in has had the sheet just crash and burn and be unusable. :( This has been going on for weeks now. Behavior: Primary problem: buffs no longer calculate under any circumstances even after reloading roll20. Seems to hit players harder than GMs although I haven't had time to figure out why this might be happening. Secondary problem: tab locking. Couldn't change tabs after 10-15 seconds in. Tertiary problem: everyone I know has given up on this sheet and no longer wants to put any time into it even when it's working. :(
Not sure if this can be called a bug, but it is a problem. Using the pf_generic template, the following happens when making URLs in the box, which isn't usable.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks GayKiwi.  We probably need to remove the background color from links.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Or just put formatting in to properly use a contrasting text color

Edited 1469291327
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: Or just put formatting in to properly use a contrasting text color This is the approach on the beta.  Question: Do you like having a background color on links in the middle of your text?  I was thinking a simple underline for url's would be clean and simple.
Magik
Sheet Author
Alex said: I really appreciate the work you guys have done on this sheet but I've gotta second the other reports--the sheets are basically unusable for every player in my two campaigns and now a third game I'm playing in has had the sheet just crash and burn and be unusable. :( This has been going on for weeks now. Behavior: Primary problem: buffs no longer calculate under any circumstances even after reloading roll20. Seems to hit players harder than GMs although I haven't had time to figure out why this might be happening. Secondary problem: tab locking. Couldn't change tabs after 10-15 seconds in. Tertiary problem: everyone I know has given up on this sheet and no longer wants to put any time into it even when it's working. :( Regarding buffs, I've seen two causes to this. 1) Java problems. The only way to fix it is to close down all browser instances, kill java processes, then go back into Roll20. A simple refresh of your Roll20 connection isn't sufficient. 2) Buff macro problem. Sometimes you enter a macro and it doesn't calculate the mod no matter what; even refresh button. The fix I found is to delete that buff entry and start over.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Scott C. said: Or just put formatting in to properly use a contrasting text color This is the approach on the beta.  Question: Do you like having a background color on links in the middle of your text?  I was thinking a simple underline for url's would be clean and simple. Personally, I don't like that in  game, links are the same color as normal text, I'd like my players to know they can click on something for more info, especially since I use a fairly detailed loot generation table system with direct links to d20pfsrd.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: Vince said: Scott C. said: Or just put formatting in to properly use a contrasting text color This is the approach on the beta.  Question: Do you like having a background color on links in the middle of your text?  I was thinking a simple underline for url's would be clean and simple. Personally, I don't like that in  game, links are the same color as normal text, I'd like my players to know they can click on something for more info, especially since I use a fairly detailed loot generation table system with direct links to d20pfsrd. Have a look on the beta Scott.  That uses a background color that matches the config option and it uses contrasting text color.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sweet, then sticking with that would be my vote
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sounds good.  We might add a little left/right padding to help make them easier to read.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
IIRC, this was a problem with just one color that we fixed, but I must have only fixed it in beta? I'll check the colors again.
I had the same problem last night with highlighted urls.  I'd have to say my preference would be a simple underline for a link, having colors popping up randomly in my macros just gets distracting and messy.   Haven't had any other problems, thankfully.  I'm loving what you guys have done with the sheet so far and I'm looking forward to the next update.  Thanks!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alex, and others, keep up with this thread here. Turns out some other character sheets are having the same problems. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3586462/pf-tabbi" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3586462/pf-tabbi</a>...
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also re: not calculating. I have noticed if I put a buggy equation in that won't evaluate, once I fix it , it will only evaluate after I hit enter twice. And so it seems like it is not working,but for some reason it is behind by one entry. The only wayto fix it was to refresh the browser..&nbsp;
Thanks for all the help so far, we actually played our first sessions now and everyone liked how easy the sheet made skill checks, attack rolls and the like! We now try to optimize everything some more with macros before we start a bigger adventure and i'm a little stuck on how to do use a ability or trait for an attack roll. For example: Racial Trait: Hatred +1 vs Goblins and Orcs Is there any way I can enter a macro in the short description field that uses one of the attacks listed under the Attacks tab and add the +1 attack roll modifier to this attack roll? How would such a macro look like? Any help is appreciated! :)

Edited 1469555614
I'm having an interesting bug with the Knowledge Planes calcultions on my character. He adds half his level to his knowledges, so I added floor((@{level}/2)) which is working for ever other knowledge except Planes. I've made sure all the calculations are the same, and recalculated several times, but it just wont show up. As you can see however it's still coming out as 18 which would be correct. Also, is there a changelog for the character sheet updates?

Edited 1469567101
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dennis W: we have that capability in the beta site, link to the beta is in the top post of this thread. So it should be coming soon, maybe next week. You'd use the "Attack Insert Macro" Jake W: I can't replicate that error. in prod or beta. I know in the past there were a few skills that had an error and it was displaying the wrong value though the correct value was still in memory.. which looks like the same issue. But if your sheet is on .56 you should be fixed... so .. i'd say maybe the field has an invisible error but if it's adding correctly..&nbsp; The list of past updates is in the first post of this thread.
Thanks, you guys are awesome! :) We wont start the campaign before mid August so I just wait for the next release.
Can someone explain to me, like I was five, how to use the compendium with the pathfinder character sheet? I have no idea what I'm doing and dragging and dropping isn't doing anything.
chris b. said: The list of past updates is in the first post of this thread. I was wondering then, when the .56 info will be.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
&nbsp;I believe v56 was primarily just an update to tabs in the hopes of solving the tab issues that have been reported.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
ChaosCowboy said: Can someone explain to me, like I was five, how to use the compendium with the pathfinder character sheet? I have no idea what I'm doing and dragging and dropping isn't doing anything. Make sure the PF compendium is enabled in your game settings In your game, open a sheet and open the Compendium in the right sidebar. Let's drag and drop the Acrobatic Feat. &nbsp; Go to the Feat section on the character sheet. Go to the Feat section of the Compendium. Click +Add New Feat on the sheet and a new, empty, repeating Feat is added. Drag the Acrobatic Feat from the compendium to the new Feat on the sheet and drop. This will work for various sections of the sheet. &nbsp;We are limited to what's been done on the compendium. &nbsp;Hopefully roll20 will soon allow users to update/edit the PF Compendium so that we might make changes to the compendium and the sheet to accommodate more integration. &nbsp;Hope this helps. &nbsp;Cheers

Edited 1469625296
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Updated top post for .56 :) &nbsp;and updated the list of beta features. beta is pretty stable at this point.. i learned from our spell deployment that we needed a migration script for repeating section macros, so we wrote one. If you have not changed the macro at all, then it will just update your attack rows to the new macro (which apparently does not happen with textareas automatically like it does for text one-line fields). If you made a change, then it does a search and replace on things like @{total-attack} and replaces it with the @{attack_macro} which is the total-attack field from the row plus the 3 insert macros (row insert, attack type insert, global attack insert) and same for damage, and crit confirm, etc. It also adds the new fields in like the extra damage fields and iterative name fields. So this time the transition should be pretty smooth, unlike with spells. I've been taking my player's sheets (I have some old copies of my campaign) and running them through the upgrade to beta and the new features were added to the macros without me having to do anything. You can test this yourself - import your character sheet to the&nbsp; beta campaign (link in top post of this thread) &nbsp;and watch it upgrade, and see if your attacks still work. If not, please leave a note on the campaign's forum and the character name, and the "before" macro , so we can repeat the test. thanks. the other big worry is the stupid tab locking. we can't seem to replicate.
Magik
Sheet Author
ChaosCowboy said: Can someone explain to me, like I was five, how to use the compendium with the pathfinder character sheet? I have no idea what I'm doing and dragging and dropping isn't doing anything. What Vince said plus you can't do this with your character sheet popped out into a separate window.
Magik
Sheet Author
Jake W. said: I'm having an interesting bug with the Knowledge Planes calcultions on my character. He adds half his level to his knowledges, so I added floor((@{level}/2)) which is working for ever other knowledge except Planes. I've made sure all the calculations are the same, and recalculated several times, but it just wont show up. As you can see however it's still coming out as 18 which would be correct. Also, is there a changelog for the character sheet updates? I believe that I had this issue before and cleared it up by going to the Attributes & Abilities tab then found the associated attribute and deleted it.

Edited 1469702702
Hi there, I have a few campaigns that either I play as, or know those who play as skill-monkeys. A particular theme I run into is that well, they may put +1 into several craft skills beyond the 3 in the sheet, and (because they have holy-crud levels int) are quite capable of succeeding most checks (Bards/Rogues with Class Skills and a +6 int modifier = just put 1 in everything).&nbsp; However, they have filled up the misc-field as well.&nbsp; Is it possible to add more Craft, Profession, and Perform now that they are collapsible if it is not too much of a bother (optimally ~10), in addition to Misc? Or is there a way to do this I have neglected to see? Thank you :)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
sure it's not difficult to add more, just a lot of cutting and pasting. does anyone use the Consolidated skills? there are bonuses and penalties for size that should apply sometimes such as to Fly, which affects Consolidated Acrobatics. But im not sure how to represent that on the sheet or rolltemplate.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There's a Craft Skill? ;-P
Magik
Sheet Author
Maybe Craft, Profession and the like should be converted into repeating entries?
Magik said: Maybe Craft, Profession and the like should be converted into repeating entries? I'm not sure how big of an issue it would be for folks, but doing so would mean that we could no longer build a single macro that would work for all skills and all characters, like the massive one posted toward the beginning of this thread. If this were done, I'd request a "skill book" macro like you've done for spells and attacks, as well as insert macros like those currently on beta for attacks.
Joe B. said: Magik said: Maybe Craft, Profession and the like should be converted into repeating entries? I'm not sure how big of an issue it would be for folks, but doing so would mean that we could no longer build a single macro that would work for all skills and all characters, like the massive one posted toward the beginning of this thread. If this were done, I'd request a "skill book" macro like you've done for spells and attacks, as well as insert macros like those currently on beta for attacks. Absolutely this. &nbsp;I've been using that skill macro a lot. &nbsp;I wouldn't mind a Skill Book macro now that we've a spot to add a macro for each skill. &nbsp;Whatever gets done, please don't make a change that means I couldn't use a single macro for all my NPCs. &nbsp;
Everything I tried in the attacks on the beta seems to work right. I like how you changed the show/hide arrows and roll templates. I just saw one cosmetic issue. On the config tab in the roll template examples, the example text for the pf_attack template shows text for the pf_spell template.

Edited 1469853570
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Oops... I'll get that fixed. &nbsp;Thanks Joe. Update: Should be fixed.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for help with testing! I think this should ve ready to submit for prod for this week.
Hello all! So I don't think this isn't a bug or anything, I think I have just completely failed to understand what I'm doing here. My issue is I can't figure out how to get the character sheet to calculate my Save DC for spell casting. I looked up the FAQ/Wiki and it just said it would key off my primary ability, but it did not say how I could tell the sheet my primary casting ability. Since I am just a level 1 sorcerer, I have tried to set everything up under Spell Class 0. Any help would be appreciated!
Sarah said: Hello all! So I don't think this isn't a bug or anything, I think I have just completely failed to understand what I'm doing here. My issue is I can't figure out how to get the character sheet to calculate my Save DC for spell casting. I looked up the FAQ/Wiki and it just said it would key off my primary ability, but it did not say how I could tell the sheet my primary casting ability. Since I am just a level 1 sorcerer, I have tried to set everything up under Spell Class 0. Any help would be appreciated! Hi Sarah! You can set your primary casting ability using the "Ability" drop-down box in the "Concentration" section. Your calculated DCs will then show up at the far left of the "Spells / Day" section a bit below that. Good luck!

Edited 1469923461
Thank you for the reply, Joe! I thought I did have that set up, so maybe I broke my character sheet in some way then. My Charisma Mod is 4, and it does appears to have applied properly to my skills. I'll try and insert a screenshot below. &nbsp;
Sarah said: Thank you for the reply, Joe! I thought I did have that set up, so maybe I broke my character sheet in some way then. My Charisma Mod is 4, and it does appears to have applied properly to my skills. I'll try and insert a screenshot below. Hmmm...&nbsp; Clearly there's something wrong here, since even if there were a problem with your CHA mod, the DC's should at least be getting the 10+spell level part, which they're clearly not. Have you tried the recalculate button in the upper-right corner of the sheet? It seems to fix many quirks. If that doesn't help, though, I'll have to defer to the sheet authors and maintainers, as I don't know what else to tell you.
I didn't even SEE that refresh button before! I tried that and it resolved the issues I had. Thank you for all the help, Joe!
A bit unrelated, but every time I try to join the beta, all I get is a blank page with the words "Not Authorised." in the top left corner.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Does this work to join Beta Wayward Foal? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a>
Yes. Yes it does. Thank you.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Cool beans. &nbsp;We'll change our Beta link(Campaign Page) at the top of the thread, since I believe it only works once you've actually joined the beta game.

Edited 1470075099
I've made an NPC Spellcaster, but for whatever reason his spells keep disappearing. The new Spells I add just vanish after changing certain attributes of them. Sometimes I can bring them back by cycling through Class tabs, sometimes I can't.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Are you changing their levels/class, They will automatically move to the proper level/class list once the spell has a defined level/class
Ah, I see now. That's exactly what was happening. Thanks.
0.6 Update The Red Sea Just curious what is happening? Applying a new update?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It will be fixed in a few minutes.
I like the options I see. Thanks for all the work.