Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Magik.  The issues surrounding HP calc and recalc should be fixed with v19.  Should be live soon.  Please test and report back.  Also, that shouldn't be a problem changing SR a text field, but I'll let Chris chime in.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Magick can you get this info: The OS, browser (and version), and how they "saved" the change (either tab, click, or enter) or just hit the # roller (even then you have to click out of the field now). the new sheet behaves a little differently so if it's their first time they might not have known how to get the fields to update. Vince already updated you on the changes going in today for some of the fixes.
Magik
Sheet Author
We all use Chrome, latest version. The saving method is using the Edit button at the top of the sheet's window as if you were editing a handout. There is a Save Changes button that is available after you hit Edit. Not sure why this would help with any issue. I've been following the java worker thread for a while and tried to help my fellow players, but couldn't sort it out and play the game at the same time. We just lived with it and moved on. Not a big deal. I'll try to simulate some issues on the PF Beta game and provide feedback. Suggested change: Update the reference to the thread 4 on each page of the sheet to this new "thread 5". Magik
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I am confused, the edit button doesn't let you edit sheet values. Also you can't update the attributes on the attributes & abilities screen, or via the API, (well you can, but you will have to hit recalc to incorporate the updates) I have never heard or seen any of the problems you described, so I'm trying to figure out what they did at work at this point I'd remote to their macine and watch them 😀 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magik said: We all use Chrome, latest version. The saving method is using the Edit button at the top of the sheet's window as if you were editing a handout. There is a Save Changes button that is available after you hit Edit. Not sure why this would help with any issue. I've been following the java worker thread for a while and tried to help my fellow players, but couldn't sort it out and play the game at the same time. We just lived with it and moved on. Not a big deal. I'll try to simulate some issues on the PF Beta game and provide feedback. Suggested change: Update the reference to the thread 4 on each page of the sheet to this new "thread 5". Magik Magik, see if you can reproduce the issues using the beta campaign and post back. We'll make sure the link in the footer gets updated. Thanks

Edited 1452508619
1. I have been having a lot of trouble wiith buffs on v 0.18. The display values for @{buff_Melee-total} will update on the Core page and on the Attacks page. However, when I ask for the value in a macro, the value is zero. There seem to be serious inconsistencies with how buffs are handled. I also can't retrieve any of the @{buffX_X} attributes (e.g. @{buff1_Melee}) on the Core tab. The same problem exists. The display shows the correct value, but I can't retrieve the values. Edit: I have figured out what is wrong with buffs, and likely many other attributes. When an existing sheet is upgraded, it is inserting duplicate attributes with values of zero. The numbers that are displayed are from the first instance of the attribute, and the internal value comes from another copy of that attribute (possibly the last one.) This is likely a problem with character sheets in general. We should raise an issue with Roll20 that duplicate attributes can't be added. Instead, the value provided could be set instead, or the new copy could just be ignored. 2. Checking the Recalc button doesn't actually do anything. It would be nice if there was an option to have Recalc as a button rather than a checkbox. When you press Recalc, recalculate the autogenerated fields. 3. Buff 8 seems to have some zeros filled in, rather than blank fields. This seems odd, since none of the other macro text fields are filled in. This should probably be consistent. Edit: This is a trivial fix. In the HTML, Placeholder rather than value should be set to 0 for various buff 8 values. Do I need to have a Mentor account in order to contribute to this character sheet?
Paul T. said: Edit: I have figured out what is wrong with buffs, and likely many other attributes. When an existing sheet is upgraded, it is inserting duplicate attributes with values of zero. The numbers that are displayed are from the first instance of the attribute, and the internal value comes from another copy of that attribute (possibly the last one.) This is likely a problem with character sheets in general. We should raise an issue with Roll20 that duplicate attributes can't be added. Instead, the value provided could be set instead, or the new copy could just be ignored. I have this same problem on one particular sheet. But this affected only one sheet, not sure on what caused it.

Edited 1452521222
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They treat all attribute names as lowercase in some sections of the system, and mixed case in others, which has lead to odd behavior if you accidentally set an attribute value named using a different case than was already there, it ends up created a second attribute. I just double checked the sheet and we are still using correct case, that has never changed (one or two fields were wrong but those never made it out of beta). I know when reading an attribute and displaying it, mixed case is used. But when writing, it's writing to a different one. Unfortunately the only way to fix that is to recreate the sheet in question. Even if we wrote something to fix it or copy a sheet, for each pair, which value would we pick as the correct one? Secondly, how did this happen? I have no idea, but it may explain Magick's player's problems too.  Put something in the bug forum, and recreate the sheet but don't delete the original sheet in your campaign so they can look at it, maybe just rename it and take away player access. I've asked for a deleteAttribute function, so that we can convert the entire sheet to lower case and eliminate these issues. maybe we'll get that someday.

Edited 1452553294
With the new buff section added in, is there a way to make a macro that can toggle the sections on/off? I've only been able to figure out that I can output the current on/off status in chat with a 1 or 0.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
AFAIK, there isn't a way to write to the character sheets using a macro.  I believe you could use a linked token's status that is tied to a buff (or whatever attribute) and change it that way...  That would only be a single buff row though and you still have to edit the token to make it toggle. Maybe an API script...  I know Aaron has been secretly building a "CharMod" script that could probably do this.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There may be a way to toggle buffs with a button though... and a button could dragged or used from within another macro.   I'll have to investigate.  =-)

Edited 1452555010
I'll have to see if I can get my gm to let me use his API stuff to poke around then.  Also *psst* Aaron... :D Thanks. *edits* This mainly comes from playing a Magus Kensai currently. Was looking at ways I could make adding in the myrid of buff/bonus options when I use them to smooth game play along for my group.
It is possible to change character's attributes by using the API, I've done a rage script once. However, with the auto-calculation fields, I don't know if it still works. Maybe we need some API function to "force recalc", so, we changed something (like turning on/off buffs/status) and "force the recalc".

Edited 1452559131
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have tried different ways to detect a button press in the javascript and could not. There is no change event fired for the roll buttons, which is why we have to use checkboxes (hidden by css, except my one recalc one since I didn't really know how) Fallyrion you can set a field called PFSheet_forcesync   to 1, then the first time you open the sheet that session it will recalc all. That only happens the first time per session though, so it's not super useful. Only the user could force it to recalculate by hitting the recalc button/checkbox. Unfortunately the sheetworkers are tied to the sheet, not the character, so the javascript can't detect any changes made to attributes, only changes made to fields on the sheet itself (and so the 2nd tab - Character Sheet - has to be open)
There is a fundamental and very basic bug in the system that I am very surprised hasn't been fixed. The system relies on attribute names being unique, but when you add an attribute, there is no check to ensure that the key hasn't already been used. It looks like when my sheet was upgraded, new attribute values with identical names were added. If the system sometimes treats attributes as case sensitive and sometimes not, then to get around this problem, every attribute name should be made lower case in the character sheet. Is there an API call to update the name of an attribute? Can you loop through and delete duplicates? It's better to make a choice on dealing with duplicates, because the fields that are duplicated won't work at all. Choose the first attribute and rename the other duplicate attributes to delete_attr-name. I'll report the bug. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are having this problem across roll20.

Edited 1452569061
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Make sure to say the bug is that somehow all your attributes were added a second time with different capitalization. Only a few sheets out of the thousands of users and sheets are experiencing this. And it's not the sheet, since our code still contains the correct case, I have no idea how it could have happened actually. The bug that case is sometimes treated differently and sometimes the same they will likely say is a feature. After the new update that allowed us to use Javascript we found out most of it is all lowercase on the back end. (we can't delete attributes automatically via sheetworker... not sure if the API can both delete and distinguish case)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
v19 (small) update <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... fix for Sleight-of-Hand missing ACP. redundant @{PC-whisper} have been removed small formatting fixes

Edited 1452593896
I found an issue with the @{repeating_weapon_$X_total-damage} autocalc field. There is an Adj field that keeps track of bonuses and penalties from buffs and conditions. However, the repeating_weapon field is not updated when a buff or condition changes. This is on v19. Also, I know it's just a display bug, but it is trivial to fix. If you have a displayed inline roll, when either a 1 or the max die value are shown, the result is displayed in a box with a black background with absolutely no margin. It makes the numbers hard to read. Can you please make the minimum and maximum inline roll format the same as the normal inline roll result (excluding color, of course)? BTW, I would be happy to help out with contributions if you are interested. Thanks.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Seems that when you use buffs with conditions the total-damage field doesn't recalc if you remove conditions before buffs. However, if you de-buff first and then remove conditions the total-damage field recalcs. At least it did for me... &nbsp;Something's not triggering the recalc of total-damage. Have you tested this with total-attack? &nbsp;Thanks for the info Paul.
I've tested a lot yesterday and it seens that the repeating madness is gone for good now. It's a really good news, cause I'm about to start a new campaign! I have some suggestions for future improvements. On Attacks: Fields for precision/elemental/conditional damage Checkbox for things like power attack / two-weapon fighting. Make that "notes" field bigger. On Items: Each sloted item could have an buffs-like array, so when I put a cloak of resistance, I mark +1 on Fort/Ref/Will. Make weight calculation works On Defenses: Make the DR field bigger
Magik
Sheet Author
I thought that there was an "inherent bonus" column on the Core tab for abilities. Did that get removed? I think it should be tracked separately from Enhancement and Misc since itself can only go up to +5. (+6 in a rare situation: abyssal sorcerer bloodline). Magik
[Bug] I too am noticing this issue: @{repeating_weapon_$X_total-damage} autocalc field doesn't change when buffs are removed or applied. This is on sheet v19 and Firefox browser.

Edited 1452631546
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike D. said: [Bug] I too am noticing this issue: @{repeating_weapon_$X_total-damage} autocalc field doesn't change when buffs are removed or applied. This is on sheet v19 and Firefox browser. Can you test if the order of which your remove(conditions then buffs or vice versa) and report back&gt; &nbsp;Just trying to isolate the behavior a little more. &nbsp;Thanks Actually, there's a fix coming. &nbsp;Thanks
Suggestion: I was wondering if it is possible to add a Hit Point field and a Hardness field for weapons, armours, and shields in the Attack and Defense tabs respectively. &nbsp;In the mythic campaign I run, my players do make use of abilities, enhancements, and materials to sunder items and to augment their equipment's Hit Points and Hardness.

Edited 1452651088
Paul T. said: I found an issue with the @{repeating_weapon_$X_total-damage} autocalc field. There is an Adj field that keeps track of bonuses and penalties from buffs and conditions. However, the repeating_weapon field is not updated when a buff or condition changes. This is on v19. Also, I know it's just a display bug, but it is trivial to fix. If you have a displayed inline roll, when either a 1 or the max die value are shown, the result is displayed in a box with a black background with absolutely no margin. It makes the numbers hard to read. Can you please make the minimum and maximum inline roll format the same as the normal inline roll result (excluding color, of course)? BTW, I would be happy to help out with contributions if you are interested. Thanks.
Magik
Sheet Author
Paul T. said: I'm a developer and I can help with these issues as well. You can probably download what you need from GitHub @&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets</a> to look over the code then offer suggested changes. Magik
Magik said: Paul T. said: I'm a developer and I can help with these issues as well. You can probably download what you need from GitHub @&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets</a> to look over the code then offer suggested changes. Magik Thanks.

Edited 1452642292
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Paul, having access to editing the sheets, Pro subscription or other, will make it much easier to contribute. &nbsp;The community repo on git is the current version of the sheet but you will more than likely want to make changes to the latest beta(which has been changing hourly... best to PM Chris or myself), where the code could be vastly different depending on what's being worked on. &nbsp;Always best to make changes in beta so that it can be thoroughly tested and tweaked prior to releasing to the community. &nbsp;Sadly, we've fallen a little short of this lately, in no small part to the huge undertaking of converting a majority of the sheet's calculations to sheet workers and the repeating section bugaboos. &nbsp;Although there isn't a single sheet author for the PF sheet, Chris has been doing the bulk of the work lately while I'm more like a maintenance/helper. I would recommend working directly with Chris to figure out how best to allocate tasks to prevent potential confusion or incorporating code that could break a feature of the sheet. &nbsp;We don't need any more help in that department. ;-P
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Paul T. said: Thanks for picking up the first fix. Would you mind tweaking the css for the second fix? I'm a developer and I can help with these issues as well. Instead of having check boxes for a bunch of special cases, I'd like to recommend that the weapon specific Attack and Damage Mod boxes be moved after the Attack Total and Damage Total boxes and be added to attack and damage at the time the dice are rolled. This would just involve simple modifications to formulas, and we could then add prompts into these fields for power attack, two weapon fighting, smite, flanking, sneak attack, invisibility etc etc. For example: Attack Mod could be:&nbsp; ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*-(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1) + ?{Smite Evil?|No,0|Yes,1}*(@{CHA-mod}) And Dmg Mod could be: ?{Power Attack?}*(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1)*3 + ?{Smite Evil?}*@{class-0-level} The cool thing with these macros is that since Power Attack and Smite Evil have already been answered in the Attack Mod field, the same answers will be applied in the Damage Mod field. You don't even have to provide the Yes and No options for the second prompt (e.g. ?(Power Attack?) vs&nbsp;?(Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0) in the Damage Mod field.) Can't all that be done in the macro-text?
Vince said: Paul T. said: Thanks for picking up the first fix. Would you mind tweaking the css for the second fix? I'm a developer and I can help with these issues as well. Instead of having check boxes for a bunch of special cases, I'd like to recommend that the weapon specific Attack and Damage Mod boxes be moved after the Attack Total and Damage Total boxes and be added to attack and damage at the time the dice are rolled. This would just involve simple modifications to formulas, and we could then add prompts into these fields for power attack, two weapon fighting, smite, flanking, sneak attack, invisibility etc etc. For example: Attack Mod could be:&nbsp; ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*-(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1) + ?{Smite Evil?|No,0|Yes,1}*(@{CHA-mod}) And Dmg Mod could be: ?{Power Attack?}*(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1)*3 + ?{Smite Evil?}*@{class-0-level} The cool thing with these macros is that since Power Attack and Smite Evil have already been answered in the Attack Mod field, the same answers will be applied in the Damage Mod field. You don't even have to provide the Yes and No options for the second prompt (e.g. ?(Power Attack?) vs&nbsp;?(Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0) in the Damage Mod field.) Can't all that be done in the macro-text? It could, yes. I just don't know when the default macro text is regenerated, and overwrites changes a player has made.

Edited 1452653599
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That should never happen. &nbsp;The attributes don't change unless something(auto-calc or user editing, maybe API) on the sheet has changed it. Text-fields will hold their old value unless it's overwritten by the default value as set in html (normally reset by deleting the contents of the field and refreshing) or manually editing the contents. &nbsp;I've found this to be problematic when you introduce new features like new roll template properties or a new attribute or macro function. &nbsp;We started utilizing some header text(ATTENTION) that give instructions to sheet changes that may effect existing attributes.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Paul T. said: Also, I know it's just a display bug, but it is trivial to fix. If you have a displayed inline roll, when either a 1 or the max die value are shown, the result is displayed in a box with a black background with absolutely no margin. It makes the numbers hard to read. Can you please make the minimum and maximum inline roll format the same as the normal inline roll result (excluding color, of course)? Appologies Paul, but can you show me an example, maybe a screen shot or setup a macro that demonstrates? &nbsp;I'm having a hard time understanding/replicating this. &nbsp;Thanks
The css should be modified such that fullcrit, fullfail and important roll look identical to inlinerollresult except for color. Thanks. .sheet-rolltemplate-pf_block .inlinerollresult &nbsp;{ color: #FFF; background-color: #000; border-color: #000; min-width: 1em; text-align: center; display: inline-block; margin-left: 1px; padding:0px; } .sheet-rolltemplate-pf_block .inlinerollresult.fullcrit { color: #3FB315; } .sheet-rolltemplate-pf_block .inlinerollresult.fullfail { color: #B31515; } .sheet-rolltemplate-pf_block .inlinerollresult.importantroll { color: #4A57ED; }
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
So much easier Paul.. ;-) &nbsp;I kept fooling around with pf_attack and was wondering what the heck? &nbsp;You're right, that's hard on the eyes. &nbsp;I'll fix that. &nbsp;Thanks

Edited 1452663016
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Which one do you like better? A. colored border B. color border trans back C. black border D. black border trans back

Edited 1452665279
Vince said: Paul T. said: Also, I know it's just a display bug, but it is trivial to fix. If you have a displayed inline roll, when either a 1 or the max die value are shown, the result is displayed in a box with a black background with absolutely no margin. It makes the numbers hard to read. Can you please make the minimum and maximum inline roll format the same as the normal inline roll result (excluding color, of course)? Appologies Paul, but can you show me an example, maybe a screen shot or setup a macro that demonstrates? &nbsp;I'm having a hard time understanding/replicating this. &nbsp;Thanks As you can see from the description of the class ability below, the 4 and the 1 have a black background, but the background is not the same size as the background for the 3. The macro is [[1d4]] placed in the Description field of a class ability. This applies to the following in the css: .sheet-rolltemplate-pf_block .inlinerollresult.fullcrit .sheet-rolltemplate-pf_block .inlinerollresult.fullfail .sheet-rolltemplate-pf_block .inlinerollresult.importantroll Just make the above match the base&nbsp;.sheet-rolltemplate-pf_block .inlinerollresult except for color. Example:&nbsp;

Edited 1452666778
Vince said: Which one do you like better? A. colored border B. color border trans back C. black border D. black border trans back Well, A is out. I like C, but would suggest that the green and red should be brighter. Just use the primary colors, Red =&nbsp;#FF0000, Green =&nbsp;#00FF00, Blue =&nbsp;#0000FF and see what C looks like with those colors.&nbsp; I like B, as long as the 17 is black with a transparent background. Also try removing the borders for all three rolls for B. Then, you would just have bold numbers in various colors and it might make the text look much nicer. If you want to keep borders for numbers, then changing the forecolor to black, the background to transparent, and the border to black, while leaving the 2 and the 1 as is, it might look the nicest, and certainly the most consistent. Thanks.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think consistency is key. &nbsp;I made pf_block the same as the other roll templates. :-) White text on the appropriate background. &nbsp;Simple

Edited 1452668323
I also have a question about modifying the macro text in order to add prompts. This solution works, but it ends up being extremely repetitive and error-prone. It would be much easier if there was a field that was available for every weapon that was added by default at the time of the roll and the default macro text was modified to include this text. This would also have to be done to the iterative attacks. I'll show you my modified macro text for the base macro and the iterative attack macros. Macro Text just for Power Attack and Smite @{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} + ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*-(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1) + ?{Smite Evil?|No,0|Yes,1}*@{CHA-mod} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} + ?{Power Attack?}*(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1)*3 + ?{Smite Evil?}*@{class-0-level} ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} + ?{Power Attack?}*-(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1) + ?{Smite Evil?}*@{CHA-mod} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} + ?{Power Attack?}*(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1)*3 + ?{Smite Evil?}*@{class-0-level}) * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{description=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} Critical macro for every iterative attack: {{attack2=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} + ?{Power Attack?}*-(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1) + ?{Smite Evil?}*@{CHA-mod} + @{iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{damage2=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} + ?{Power Attack?}*(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1)*3 + ?{Smite Evil?}*@{class-0-level} ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} + ?{Power Attack?}*-(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1) + ?{Smite Evil?}*@{CHA-mod} + @{iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} + ?{Power Attack?}*(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1)*3 + ?{Smite Evil?}*@{class-0-level}) * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1) ]] ]]}} This could all be avoided if the default macro text were: &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} +@{attack} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} + @{damage}]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} + @{attack} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ ((@{total-damage} + @{damage}) * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{description=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} and the crit macros were (except for 2 being replaced with 3,4 etc) {{attack2=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} + @{attack} + @{iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{damage2=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} + @{damage} ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} +@{attack} + @{iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} + @{damage}) * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1) ]] ]]}} What do you think? This would allow players to add one-off modifications based on prompts or anything else in one place for attacks and one for damage. This would allow the modifications to be added in at the time of the dice roll, rather than static mods in autocalc fields.
Vince said: I think consistency is key. &nbsp;I made pf_block the same as the other roll templates. :-) White text on the appropriate background. &nbsp;Simple Perfect. I like it.

Edited 1452669743
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Paul T. said: I also have a question about modifying the macro text in order to add prompts. This solution works, but it ends up being extremely repetitive and error-prone. It would be much easier if there was a field that was available for every weapon that was added by default at the time of the roll and the default macro text was modified to include this text. This would also have to be done to the iterative attacks. I'll show you my modified macro text for the base macro and the iterative attack macros. This could all be avoided if the default macro text were: &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} +@{attack} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} + @{damage}]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} + @{attack} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ ((@{total-damage} + @{damage}) * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{description=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} and the crit macros were (except for 2 being replaced with 3,4 etc) {{attack2=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} + @{attack} + @{iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{damage2=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} + @{damage} ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} +@{attack} + @{iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} + @{damage}) * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1) ]] ]]}} What do you think? This would allow players to add one-off modifications based on prompts or anything else in one place for attacks and one for damage. This would allow the modifications to be added in at the time of the dice roll, rather than static mods in autocalc fields. I like the simplicity of that Paul. &nbsp;So to break it down; create two new attributes that represent additional attack and damage modifiers add them to repeating attacks make them macro-text fields so you can get creative include them in the roll template add them to the default macro-text for attacks and iterative attacks existing attack and iterative attack macro-text will need to be reset or edited manually We missing anything? &nbsp;I know it's been kicked around to add additional damage types (energy/elemental, precision, other?) &nbsp;Maybe this would handle that need as well. &nbsp;I like the idea.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
v19 Update <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... fix for Sleight-of-Hand missing ACP. redundant @{PC-whisper} have been removed small formatting fixes fix for total-damage recalc fail when removing buffs and conditions pf_block inlineroll formatting fix json forum link updated

Edited 1452671266
Vince said: Paul T. said: I also have a question about modifying the macro text in order to add prompts. This solution works, but it ends up being extremely repetitive and error-prone. It would be much easier if there was a field that was available for every weapon that was added by default at the time of the roll and the default macro text was modified to include this text. This would also have to be done to the iterative attacks. I'll show you my modified macro text for the base macro and the iterative attack macros. This could all be avoided if the default macro text were: &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} +@{attack} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} + @{damage}]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} + @{attack} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ ((@{total-damage} + @{damage}) * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{description=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} and the crit macros were (except for 2 being replaced with 3,4 etc) {{attack2=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} + @{attack} + @{iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{damage2=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} + @{damage} ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} +@{attack} + @{iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} + @{damage}) * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1) ]] ]]}} What do you think? This would allow players to add one-off modifications based on prompts or anything else in one place for attacks and one for damage. This would allow the modifications to be added in at the time of the dice roll, rather than static mods in autocalc fields. I like the simplicity of that Paul. &nbsp;So to break it down; create two new attributes that represent additional attack and damage modifiers add them to repeating attacks make them macro-text fields so you can get creative include them in the roll template add them to the default macro-text for attacks and iterative attacks existing attack and iterative attack macro-text will need to be reset or edited manually We missing anything? &nbsp;I know it's been kicked around to add additional damage types (energy/elemental, precision, other?) &nbsp;Maybe this would handle that need as well. &nbsp;I like the idea. You definitely got what I was trying to accomplish. It also allows anyone to add elemental damage, energy, precision, power attack, smite and who knows what else. It's just additional attack and damage modifiers that are added to all default macros, so that these additional attack and damage modifiers are calculated at the time the roll is executed, rather than autocalc fields where the values are calculated based on dependent fields.. They could be called on-roll-attack, or attack-on-roll so that users can figure out that the attribute is intended to add to attacks when a roll is executed.
Out of curiosity, when are these character sheets deployed to roll20? Are sheet authors responsible for that?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Paul T. said: Out of curiosity, when are these character sheets deployed to roll20? Are sheet authors responsible for that? We make the edits and submit a Pull Request to github. &nbsp;You have to wait for the Roll20 repo manager to accept the PR into the main repo. This is normally done once a week, sometimes more or less frequent. Once that's done you have to wait for roll20's servers to pick-up/cycle the updates which is normally a day or so later.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Fallyrion said: I've tested a lot yesterday and it seens that the repeating madness is gone for good now. It's a really good news, cause I'm about to start a new campaign! I have some suggestions for future improvements. On Attacks: Fields for precision/elemental/conditional damage Checkbox for things like power attack / two-weapon fighting. Make that "notes" field bigger. On Items: Each sloted item could have an buffs-like array, so when I put a cloak of resistance, I mark +1 on Fort/Ref/Will. Make weight calculation works On Defenses: Make the DR field bigger That's good news about repeating miseries. &nbsp;Looks good in my test case as well. &nbsp;Hopefully that's behind us. These are good ideas and I'm sure we can work some of that in. &nbsp;Paul's suggestion may cover some as well... said: Suggestion: I was wondering if it is possible to add a Hit Point field and a Hardness field for weapons, armours, and shields in the Attack and Defense tabs respectively. &nbsp;In the mythic campaign I run, my players do make use of abilities, enhancements, and materials to sunder items and to augment their equipment's Hit Points and Hardness. Our suggestion list keeps getting larger. &nbsp;;-)&nbsp;
Vince said: Fallyrion said: I've tested a lot yesterday and it seens that the repeating madness is gone for good now. It's a really good news, cause I'm about to start a new campaign! I have some suggestions for future improvements. On Attacks: Fields for precision/elemental/conditional damage Checkbox for things like power attack / two-weapon fighting. Make that "notes" field bigger. On Items: Each sloted item could have an buffs-like array, so when I put a cloak of resistance, I mark +1 on Fort/Ref/Will. Make weight calculation works On Defenses: Make the DR field bigger That's good news about repeating miseries. &nbsp;Looks good in my test case as well. &nbsp;Hopefully that's behind us. These are good ideas and I'm sure we can work some of that in. &nbsp;Paul's suggestion may cover some as well... said: Suggestion: I was wondering if it is possible to add a Hit Point field and a Hardness field for weapons, armours, and shields in the Attack and Defense tabs respectively. &nbsp;In the mythic campaign I run, my players do make use of abilities, enhancements, and materials to sunder items and to augment their equipment's Hit Points and Hardness. Our suggestion list keeps getting larger. &nbsp;;-)&nbsp; On Attacks The attack-on-roll and damage-on-roll fields would solve this. On Items: Since items can affect virtually any stat, having a static section of stats to update might not be flexible enough. I suppose adding the buff rows to each item might be the fastest way to make items more flexible. The checkbox would then just be whether or not the item was equipped. There is an issue with just adding together every bonus from every field. In Pathfinder, types of bonuses don't stack. Only the best bonus of each type applies. Exceptions like Dodge bonuses and untyped bonuses do stack. This would require a modification to how the total for AC, attacks etc is calculated. I haven't thought about the layout of specifying types of bonuses yet. I'd have to think about it. I think there is a static list of types, so that might help.

Edited 1452687722
What I usually do with conditional damage is put it on notes. (What I call conditional damage is a damage that can affect some enemies, but others are immune or have some resistance). The problem here is with iterative attacks it doesn't work. Maybe just put a new text field for this, likely "Roll Notes". If this field has some content, It would be showed/rolled for each attack on an iterative attack Template Roll. I don't think it's a good idea to just sum this conditional damage to the final damage, there are so many variables involved that "hidden" it on total damage could not be a good idea. For instance, if I attack someone with Fire Resistance 5 using a flaming weapon, my damage will probably go unnoticed most of the time. Fortification or other effects can ignore precision damage. And most of these conditional damage doesn’t get multiplied on critical. For “toggle in/toggle off” bonus, like power attack/Smite Evil, I usually have another attack with these bonuses. The problem is that combination can be exponential… Normal Attack, Power Attack, Smite Attack, Power Smite Attack. Before the auto-calculating sheet, I used to have an attribute for these bonus. So, on attack, I did something like that: @{is_smiting} * @{class-0-lvl} + // for a smite evil damage bonus @{is_powerattacking} * (1 + floor(@{bab}/4)) * 2 // For power Attack damage bonus But with the calculating sheet this doesn’t work anymore (unless forced recalc). I was thinking of replacing it with buffs, but Paul’s suggestion seems better. I will try it. Paul T. said: On Items: Since items can affect virtually any stat, having a static section of stats to update might not be flexible enough. I suppose adding the buff rows to each item might be the fastest way to make items more flexible. The checkbox would then just be whether or not the item was equipped. There is an issue with just adding together every bonus from every field. In Pathfinder, types of bonuses don't stack. Only the best bonus of each type applies. Exceptions like Dodge bonuses and untyped bonuses do stack. This would require a modification to how the total for AC, attacks etc is calculated. I haven't thought about the layout of specifying types of bonuses yet. I'd have to think about it. I think there is a static list of types, so that might help. Most of the time, the slooted magic items usually give deflection bonus (Ring of Protection), natural armor bonus (Amulet of Natural Armor), enhancement bonus to attributes (belts, circlets), resistance bonus to saves (cloak of resistance).&nbsp;There are also bonuses to attack (Gloves of Dueling, Ioun Stone), HP (Ioun Stone) and others, but they are less common. Other items give more specific bonus, such as enhancement to some particular skill. These one probably can’t be represented by a “bonus-like” array.&nbsp;I believe these slooted array could help more common cases. About the conflicts about bonuses type, this is hard to solve. For instance, if someone using a Ring of Protection cast Shield of Faith on him/herself (have an enhanced bonus on sheet and a turns on a buff) there is already a problem (unless the player had compensate it somehow). A list with most bonuses types follows: Alchemical, Armor, Circumstance, Competence, Deflection, Enhancement, Inherent, Insight, Luck, Morale, Natural Armor, Profane /Sacred, Racial, Resistance, Shield, Size, Trait. Suggestion: ok, um more.. On armor and shield, could be an enhancement field just like the weapons. The final bonuses on armor/shield would be the the "normal field" plus the enhancement one.

Edited 1452687429
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is a grid of bonus types and what they apply to on the SRD site (it is also in ultimate magic)&nbsp; Implementing bonus types would be a nightmare, which is why we have misc bonuses and each player is responsible for knowing the stacking rules. The conditions and buffs allow players to apply everything they need. I thought about it some and rejected the idea unless another massive rewrite happens. There are a lot of places where fixed choices could be used but aren't, allowing playrs and gms to do what they want, since so many have house rules In addition the sheet is already very slow to update. Whenever I make changes I seem to slow it down more as more and more sections become interrelated. Separating them slows it down too as items get copied . To give you an idea: each page has taken me about 40 hours. It is becoming a part time job, and testing is still a problem, we need testers to help more than coders. Testing is not much fun though. I think we need to find a balance of what is supportable by volunteers, easy on players, and expecting players to know rules and apply them appropriately. After all that is part of the hobby too. People more concerned with role playing than rules can just easily wing it without a lot of drop downs and choices forced on them. There is a bug in the macro parsing. Once that is fixed I'd be confident enough in it to add it to other parts of the sheet. i think after fixing up spells &nbsp;then encumbrance and items , the next thing to tackle should be accessibility, if we can with all the collapsing CSS sections. I started a small effort toward this by removing px on a section by section basis as I worked on the sheet.
Is there a way to set up a token action for each monster/npc sheet that the GM can make that will allow him to select which repeating attack option (i.e.,&nbsp;%{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_attack-roll},&nbsp;%{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_attack-roll}, etc.) from a drop-down menu? &nbsp;I currently use a query with the &{template:pf_attack} but using the template can get....really long. &nbsp;I use this format for every npc and monster currently. &nbsp;At higher levels and with more multiple attacks (and adding stuff like Power Attack), it gets harder and harder to set up properly. &nbsp;I tried using the query but it was not working right. For example, I tried setting up the token action as follows: /w gm ?{Choose an Attack|Unarmed Strike,%{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_attack-roll} |Flurry of Blows,%{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_attack-roll} } When I click on the token button, it displays the drop-down menu but with only the Unarmed Strike option available, and after clicking Submit, it doesn't do anything. Recommendations?