Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Deleting the attributes fixed it. Working now. Thank you!
Any chance of adding the spellbook/attack list macros to the Classes/Abilities page as well?
Two Requests: Request 1 - Any chance that you can add a similar spellbook macro for spell-like abilities? Request 2 - Any chance that when filling out spells you can change the up-down field into a macro text bar? (The reason why I would prefer a macro bar is two-fold. The first is that I utilize the Spheres of Power 3pp spell system whose effective spell effects change levels as you gain levels. The second is that it would allow for modular use for sorcerers who have the heighten spell metamagic feat.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Paul said: Any chance of adding the spellbook/attack list macros to the Classes/Abilities page as well? Already on my to-do list.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Paul and Simon I would imagine we'll add command buttons throughout the sheet.   Stay tuned. @Simon:  which attribute/field exactly? Please test the beta for us. (link at the top of the sheet)  We would love to have the kinks worked out in beta before discovering issues after going live.  ;-)
Vince said: @Simon:  which attribute/field exactly? Please test the beta for us. (link at the top of the sheet)  We would love to have the kinks worked out in beta before discovering issues after going live.  ;-) I am referring to the @{repeating_spells_$X_spell_level} field which is located between the Class & Spell School fields (as displayed in the image below).
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Simon. I believe that could be made into a macro-text field without causing any issues.  We'll stick on the to-do list.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I was thinking of adding a slot field, so you can change the spell level slot the spell goes into without changing the spell level for calculations , specifically for meta data.  The spells are so slow already... :(
Since the last update, attribute rolls have not worked for me. I just  "No attribute was found for @{Name|checks-cond}"
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jordan G. said: Since the last update, attribute rolls have not worked for me. I just  "No attribute was found for @{Name|checks-cond}" Jordan, try looking on the Attributes & Abilities tab of the journal and search (F3) for "checks-cond"  and delete it if it exists and then try a sheet recalc (top-right corner of the sheet).  Now try a roll you were having the issue with.
Hi there, Is there any way to add die that won't be multiplied on a crit (SA die, frost/flaming/shock type enhancements?) I scanned the wiki but couldn't find anything.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Additional damage is something on our list for the sheet.   You can add secondary damage to the attack's notes.   example; Frost Damage: [[ 1d6 ]] or add it directly to the your attacks macro-text (you can just add it to the very end of the commands) {{Frost Damage=[[ 1d6 ]] }}
Ummm I was just noticing that the sheet applies your ACP to the Perform Skill and unless something changed, and if so I apologize for being the fool, then it's not supposed to. Is there a way for me to fix that?

Edited 1465285175
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Where are you seeing ACP being applied to Perform? Here's a character with current ACP of -7.  I see it being applied to Ride, but not Perform... Are you using DEX/STR by chance?
Ah so that is what is was. Yes I was and I noticed the issue went away when I went back to CHA. I am sorry to have bothered you over this.
Just a quick comment to let you guys know how great the new updates are! The sheet runs really fast now and since @{selected|attacks-macro} is a thing now the game flow for me as a GM has sped up tremendously. Not sure if it's really necessary, but when you're implementing more built-in sheet macros, I think it could be nice to have some on the NPC tab as well, so the attacks or spells are whispers per default. For now, it's an easy work-around to just set PC-rolls to whispered in the settings. Also, something I put in my spellbook macros before they were part of the sheet was the amount of spells per day. Just something that could be useful: Other than that, I can only say thank you one more time. The sheet is getting better with each upgrade! Lastly, I have one more question for GMs and players using the sheet. How are you dealing with divine spellcasters that have to prepare their spells daily. Since they have access to such an insane amount of spells to chose from, from the start I haven't found a good way to deal with that other than putting all potential spells in the sheet. I'm curious how others deal with that "problem". /K
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Npc spells and attacks are being done in beta now, which you should be able to see. I would not put too many spells in the list, since when you get up to 75 spells the sheet slows down tremendously. But since the compendium is active, they can just delete spells and drag new ones from the compendium. Dragging a spell just takes a few seconds, then a few more seconds for the sheet to update the level and class. Only spells from the SRD are in the compendium 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
In my day it took 8 hours, 3 ancient tomes, and the blood from a basilisk to prepare a spell...
Hello guys, Really sweet the new "Spellbook and attacks" features. I also just noticed that the Compendium (at least for spells) is working! Really great improve! I have two suggestions: Put the number of prepared slots in front of the spell name. So, if I prepared one fireball, number 1 will apper in front of it. If I prepared 2, so 2 will appear. A field named "show?", if show is Yes, the spell will appear on the list, otherwise it won't. This could solve the problem mentioned by Karankwan. A divine spell caster or a wizard/witch may have many spells in his/her spellbook, but only few (say, the ones he or she uses the most) will be displayed. However, I don't know if this is doable.
I just noticed that Compendium dragging is working. This is huge and I love it. I am looking to see if there's a way to do mass updates to characters. We decided that we like the rounded corners better and the header images to be set to default. Is there currently a way for me to mass update all of the characters in my campaign with those values?
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Paul said: I am looking to see if there's a way to do mass updates to characters. We decided that we like the rounded corners better and the header images to be set to default. Is there currently a way for me to mass update all of the characters in my campaign with those values? That's something you'd need an API script to do; make a request in the API forums, and I'm sure someone (probably The Aaron) will help you out.
PadRpg
Sheet Author
API Scripter
About the drag and drop from the Compendium, when I drop a spell on the sheet (in the spell repeating section of the PNJ tab), the character name is changed by the spell name. And if I drop a monster from the beastiary, the spell name is changed by the monster name. The drag and drop works for the spells in the Spell tab.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, hmm yea this was caused by a fix I made for spells and attacks to roll up yu under the offense section. 
PadRpg
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok. And what about the weapon items on the Attack section ? Will you make this section works with the compendium ?
Magik
Sheet Author
The attack section doesn't match up with weapons on a 1-to-1 basis. Attacks can have multiple entries for the same physical weapon that your character holds. For example, you can have an entry for your longbow taking a normal shot then another using multishot then another using rapid shot, but they are all for the same physical bow; just different situations. To avoid duplication, the proper place for a weapon is in the Equipment section under Inventory. I do plan on adding some type of support for weapons and armor attributes in the Equipment section and eventually a button to create an Attack Entry for you from a weapon in the Equipment, but haven't determined the details about that yet. When weapons and armor attributes get added to Equipment then the drag-and-drop from the Compendium will be more meaningful.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
One idea is to allow attacks to accept both weapon and monster rule entries,so that it would pull in the data and decide on what it is. but we'd have to do a lot of changes before that level of automation is possible. I think that's how the 5e OGL sheet works, you drag a weapon to inventory, then from there you can click an "add attack" and it will make a row. we can do something like that.  And slow the sheet down more too! yipee!
This might have been something I've missed in four closed threads and a fifth with 22 pages, but does the "Prepared" field for each spell do anything mechanically except just help the player manually keep track of what they've got as a prepared caster, because some of the more recent posts were suggesting more robust usage that my players and I could be taking advantage of...
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
it doesn't do anything yet. We could perhaps add up the prepared spells by the # of spells available. Unfortunately I can't think of a way to auto decrement since we can't detect when a user presses a button. 
chris b. said: it doesn't do anything yet. We could perhaps add up the prepared spells by the # of spells available. Unfortunately I can't think of a way to auto decrement since we can't detect when a user presses a button.  Thanks for clarifying, because that was driving me nuts. :P I figure we're talking API functionality with auto-increments. And, of course, if you give a mouse that cookie, they're going to want the glass of milk that resets the value back to the established maximum... Thanks again!
Magik
Sheet Author
While not exactly what you are looking for, you may want to take a look at the UsePower API script by The Aaron  here . I haven't used it myself, but from reading the documentation, it says you can add token actions, which are essentially uses of powers, which can be class features, feats, spells, and anything else with limited uses per day. The GM can reset them to their max based on how long the character rest for.
Magik said: While not exactly what you are looking for, you may want to take a look at the UsePower API script by The Aaron  here . I haven't used it myself, but from reading the documentation, it says you can add token actions, which are essentially uses of powers, which can be class features, feats, spells, and anything else with limited uses per day. The GM can reset them to their max based on how long the character rest for. I appreciate the heads-up! I'm not a pro subscriber, and that amount of micromanagement hasn't made itself necessary, but I'm glad this is something people have already investigated.
To clarify the issue seen by some people where they can't switch tabs, should ALL attributes containing "tab" (tab, abilities_tab, spells_tab) be removed from any sheet or just ones currently (or previously) having this problem?  We worked around it earlier by reconnecting (and possibly restarting the browser), but I'd rather it not pop up again if deleting these attributes is the right fix.

Edited 1465763306
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There has been an occasional issue with tabbed sheets in general.  Reasons still unknown...  Look for an attribute named "tab" and delete it.  This trick was mainly used for tabs that were jumping back to the previous tab, so not sure if it will help your issue. ;-( Anyone else having a problem with the tabs not working?
The problem with tabs I'd noticed was that it simply wouldn't do anything (or display any change) when clicking a tab in a couple sheets (at different times).  Other sheets open at the same time (using window popouts for characters) seemed okay.  If I closed the sheet and came back to it then it would display the tab I'd last clicked (but didn't see the change), but I still couldn't select and new tab and see it move there within the same instantiation.  After closing the roll20 page completely and restarting the browser (firefox 47.0) I was able to use the character sheet without issues. I deleted the "tab" attribute from a sheet I'd had this issue, but it returned when the sheet was recalculated.  I'm not currently noticing the issue on any sheets, so I'm mainly trying to determine if it's preventable by deleting "tab" elsewhere.

Edited 1465777086
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can safely delete all attributes that include the name "tab" in them.  They will get recreated as soon as you change a tab on the sheet.   Not sure what would cause "some" users tabs to not function... (maybe having duplicate+ of a given tab attribute for some reason, or a corrupted attribute, if there is such a thing.) Might open a bug report so the Devs can have a look.
Karankwan said: //snip/// ///snip/// When I use the "spellbook" button from my spell tab, I don't see the cool display of "Spells per day: X / Y".    What I do see is a list of every single spell in my spellbook - is that the expected behavior?  Is the "X / Y" display only for spontaneous casters?  Any way to use the "prepared" field to help us prepared casters keep track of what we have and have not cast?  
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The x/y (spells/day) in your image is a custom addition added by Karankwan and isn't part of our PF sheet... (yet)  It's a nice addition K. I believe it's been mentioned that we are going to add something to show if a spell is prepared or not.  Or maybe an option so that ONLY prepared spells will show as a spellbook.  
Vince said: The x/y (spells/day) in your image is a custom addition added by Karankwan and isn't part of our PF sheet... (yet)  It's a nice addition K. I believe it's been mentioned that we are going to add something to show if a spell is prepared or not.  Or maybe an option so that ONLY prepared spells will show as a spellbook.   If you managed to implement the latter that would be amazing!!! /K 
Ah ha -- gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.  Count me as another vote for either of those options. Vince said: The x/y (spells/day) in your image is a custom addition added by Karankwan and isn't part of our PF sheet... (yet)  It's a nice addition K. I believe it's been mentioned that we are going to add something to show if a spell is prepared or not.  Or maybe an option so that ONLY prepared spells will show as a spellbook.  

Edited 1465868634
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Beta testing - spells and speed and NPCs Please go to the beta site and test - especially the spells and NPC page. The sheet is a lot faster. (still slow but you can actually use it with lots of spells) we need to test: 1. speed (spellcraft many spells has about 40 spells, you can add more to whatever character you want) 2. range  - to support internationalization, range has changed to a dropdown. we've done our best to interpret whatever is already in the range field. there is a custom range field for flat numbers (lines, cones, etc) or "20ft/level" areas. In addition to regular close/medium/long/personal/touch/see text/blank. please try out the ranges to make sure it works logically the way you expect. 3 .custom text in spell fields. Some people have macro-like references to other fields in duration, range, etc. Try copying your custom macros into those fields to make sure they still appear correctly in the rolltemplate. 4. compendium - i dragged some spells in but try more. it should parse out the class and level from the text if the sheet has a matching class. Please try a  bunch of spells and 1 make sure the fields are filled in  and 2. make sure you can hit the roll button right away and fields appear. 5. spell options are global - so you can turn "description" off with one click. This really is what is speeding up the sheet. This also means spell options need to be tested a lot since it's all in javascript and we had to do searches and replaces so test a lot of changes and weird text in the fields. 6. NPC page should be fixed now. Repeating sections should interact with the compendium, we also added  the rest of the fields from the compendium for NPCs/Monsters. It' won't parse out attacks and spells into individual rows yet, but at least it will copy them to a textarea so you can see them.
As someone mentioned above, with @{selected|attacks-macro} you can have a token action that will do the attacks button, but how do you do that for the spellbook button?  I tried @{selected|spellbook-macro} and it doesn't work.  What am I missing?

Edited 1465877612
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@{selected|spellclass-0-book} @{selected|spellclass-1-book} @{selected|spellclass-2-book} and I would use @{selected|attacks_buttons_macro} for the attacks.  @{selected|attacks-macro} is actually the value of the button.  It works now, but if we ever add changes to the value of the button you wouldn't pick them up.
Minutes after I posted the request, I find the answer accidentally by checking out the list of attributes in the Attributes and Abilities tab.  *sigh*  And it was right there in my face the whole time. Thanks Vince!  I appreciate the clarification on the attacks button - I don't have a whole lot of experience/expertise (read: marginally able to understand some of this stuff) so I am incredibly grateful for all the hard work you guys put into the character sheet.

Edited 1465989420
I do request one thing. While I enjoy the fact you can customize all of your spells, I do like the individual customizing of spells. For example, I don't need to show SR, Saves, and similar things on spells that do not require them. To me it just clutters up the chat with unnecessary information. Edit: I mean I can always make my own Spell Macros, but it is a lot more work and effort to do that. I would prefer not having to.

Edited 1465991682
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok, I was thinking of removing them automatically if they are blank. No or zero... sounds like its probably a good idea.  I'll add that for most fields  ----- The reason for removing the individual entries is it speeds up the sheet tremendously. The sheet was getting so slow as to be unusable if you had more than 10 spells. But we've been working with Roll20 to see where to optimize. And apparently it's the # of fields more than anything. This move saves 39 fields per row and if you put a lot of spells in beta you'll see a huge difference 

Edited 1466078542
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Added switches to not print the row in the spell template to chat for some default values:  please provide any feedback on these: If save is blank or none, then don't print rows for 'no save' and the save DC (I could probably put them on one line too for when there is a save) If spell resist is no or NA don't print it. If bonus to caster level, spell penetration, or concentration is not customized for the particular spell, then don't print those. DC to cast defensively only printed if concentration CHECK is displayed or concentration is customized If no class level bonus spell penetration or combat casting (both 0), then don't print the bonus. If "Deafened" checked, the print note about 20% spell failure chance at bottom. so that saves quite a bit of rows on the output: though i found a couple bugs - unchecking condition deafened does not remove it from output - but it's almost ready for prod should be moved to prod monday.
Thanks! I also really like the Simple Macro for spells. I hate it for the attacks though! :P But I just feel it matches the Paizo stat call out so it is nice.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Once this goes into prod we'll start on attacks to make them faster, and we'll be updating the rolltemplate as part of it, so any feedback is appreciated. This version also has all the final i18n so people can start translating.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Not sure why, but I get an error when trying to go to the beta site: Not Authorized (Incorrect Game ID or Access Token).