Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Magik
Sheet Author
In Beta, there are Buffs fields missing from the Touch and CMD rows on Defenses tab under Defense Values. CMD FF might need it also.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks, i just changed all the new attribute names in the spells and missed a few. I totally missed that you can't copy and paste the ID, duh, we'll make it either selectable or Vince was saying we could maybe have it be a button you press and it prints to the chat. But I think he'll have to look at the moving checkboxes, that is pretty crazy. 
Magik
Sheet Author
When you know the DC that you are shooting for or some other value like % chance, is it possible to clearly display Success or Failure in the chat window like a roll of 1d100<25 would? The Spell Fail Chance macro button could benefit from this and maybe the Cast Defensively. For Attack entries, how about adding options to toggle on/off that will display other items that the player fills in, such as: Range, Ammo, Hardness, HP. You could just go ahead and have check boxes for all of the player-configured values just in case they feel the need to display it. The "Attack and Damage Effects" section has a type field, which is useful currently only to the player because it isn't labeled in the rolls at all. Could you modify the roll output to show it sectioned out, such as +1[Bleed] as an example? What are the chances of adding fields in this section for added dice rolls to the damage effects? I know that you added an "Other" field to display the values for each attack entry, but it may also be useful to have an Other column added to the top of the page, under "Attack and Maneuver Combat Bonuses". Or, have it displayed there instead of each attack entry since it affects them all anyhow. But, since it is already there, I don't see the harm in leaving it.
Magik
Sheet Author
chris b. said: But I think he'll have to look at the moving checkboxes, that is pretty crazy.  They move around on the Defenses tab under Saving Throws -> Options also.

Edited 1454429593
Magik
Sheet Author
Is it possible with the new java workers to adjust the Ammo field in an attack entry when you use it? Maybe add that as an option that players can enable. Along that line, perhaps you can add a field for "Break %" (default 50%) that will throw a d100 roll to see if your ammo breaks upon a miss of the target. EDIT: This will have to be on iterative attacks also, so it may be too much of a hassle for the sheet.

Edited 1454458824
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Magik   With regards to the options moving; must be that some of the clickable text is pushing against it's container.  I'll have a look this afternoon after work.   And I'll have to read over your posts for your other comments/suggestion  Thank you for the feedback. @Chris If you update the code I posted on my gist for the buffs today, I'll make some adjustment to the options buttons and re-up to the beta.  Thanks
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Magik - fixed the strange behavior with the options text jumping around. Should be fine now. - the colon was left over from when the spell roll template more closely resembled the actual spell-block.  We'll yank it. - all though you should still be able to double-click the id for copying (field-size has been increased btw) the Not-allowed cursor is definitely an issue.  I don't think you can do any copying from tipsy.  Chris mentioned it; I was thinking it may be fine just turn the "ID" text into a button that sends the id to chat. Thoughts?  - spell failure could use {{Check=[[ 1d100cs<@{spell-fail}cf>@{spell-fail} ]]% }} and similar for Cast Defensively check.  We'll add that. - most "additions" that been done for attacks are done prior to the total-attack and total-damage calculation to prevent breaking existing macros. Any calculations that are done as part of those inline calculations just become part of the total.  This is true for buffs and the attack and damage effects as well.  The total is grabbed and input into the total calculations.  It was done this way to avoid add 10 buffs and 4 attack and damage affects calcs to each attack.  I think we're going to need to rebuild attacks so that we can have multiple attack and damage mods per attack...
Sorry, I have been pretty busy recently and just got to check the messages here. There is a character sheet I used for a long time that had a really nice little Domains/Bloodline section.
Magik
Sheet Author
Vince said: @Magik - all though you should still be able to double-click the id for copying (field-size has been increased btw) the Not-allowed cursor is definitely an issue.  I don't think you can do any copying from tipsy.  Chris mentioned it; I was thinking it may be fine just turn the "ID" text into a button that sends the id to chat. Thoughts?  Ya, the double-click doesn't catch the leading - right now and in the future there may be some character that breaks the double-click capture in half. So, the button is a good idea. Whispering it to yourself would be best. Thanks!
Magik
Sheet Author
Vince said: @Magik - spell failure could use {{Check=[[ 1d100cs<@{spell-fail}cf>@{spell-fail} ]]% }} and similar for Cast Defensively check.  We'll add that. Green means good and red means bad, so you need to reverse your cs and cf. Also, when the number matches the spell-fail number, you get a blue highlighted number if you don't add 1 to the > check. [[ 1d100cf<@{spell-fail}cs>[[@{spell-fail}+1]] ]]%
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Oops. Ad&d mindset.

Edited 1454540806
Hi guys, First of all: is this a known problem that seemingly randomly empty attack sections are added to the sheet? I didn't see you guys discussing it lately so I thought either there's a fix I don't know of or it's a more individual problem. Which would be weird since it occurs on different PCs and in different campaigns. these new entries are all boxed in by red borders. I would upload a picture put I'm currently on mobile, sorry. It tried to find some patterns in the randomness and found that if I create a new char and add lets say two attacks. The next character I create has two empty rows already. I delete them and give him 3 attacks, leading to the third new character having 5 empty rows. On another note I have two more suggestions for the sheet. I think it would be beneficial to have a note section for initiative rolls where you could put temporary bonuses such as tunnel fighter trait or favored terrain or the gunslinger's grit based bonus. Second, I know you guys are probably tired of hearing it, but from a GMs point of view it would be tremendously helpful to have a conditions and buff section on the NPC tab for less clicks and a smoother play. As always massive thanks to everyone involved! /K

Edited 1454542807
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Karankwan Every time I think we've seen the last of the repeating sections issues...  This was supposed to have been squashed.  Riley has made changes on their end and we've also made changes.  Our test cases were working fine after the changes were made.  Is this the community sheet?  You should post to  Repeating Fields Issues: Pathfinder Sheet . Good ideas. I'll add them to the list.  Thanks
I noticed that, while working on a creature with a negative dex bonus, because of how the defense section works, Flat Footed AC didn't take the negative dex mod into account. This seems like an easy fix, of having something like {@{dex-mod}, 0}kl1 to have dex bonuses be denied while flat footed, while the negetives are taken into account.

Edited 1454544806
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe RAW states you only loose the DEX "bonus" and a negative modifier is really a penalty...?  Anyone?

Edited 1454548330
It is a penalty and not a bonus therefore it is still applied. Edit: In case it is not clear, I am agreeing with Vince.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes it should still apply negative dex. I thought it was .....but ... I think I understand what is wrong

Edited 1454551244
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Double-check the Ability column for Flat-footed.  Adjust to DEX or whatever.  You get the penalty but you don't get modifiers.  Working correct I believe. But shouldn't this be set to DEX by default?
Magik
Sheet Author
For the new Post ID button to put repeating entry IDs in the chat, do you really have to have the token selected? That's a drag.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magik said: For the new Post ID button to put repeating entry IDs in the chat, do you really have to have the token selected? That's a drag. Nope.  I'll remove selected.  Must have have slipped by at 2am last night.

Edited 1454552286
Magik
Sheet Author
In Beta, the Cast Defensively check looks good. However, the Spell Fail Chance has 1d100+1, which shouldn't have the +1 there. EDIT: Actually, it just looks like you need to surround the variable and +1 with brackets.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I needed to keep that inside the inlines.  Will update.
Magik
Sheet Author
Vince said: I needed to keep that inside the inlines.  Will update. Looks good now.
Magik
Sheet Author
Vince said: Magik said: For the new Post ID button to put repeating entry IDs in the chat, do you really have to have the token selected? That's a drag. Nope.  I'll remove selected.  Must have have slipped by at 2am last night. Looks good now.
Magik
Sheet Author
Magik said: When I went into the Beta spells on New Guy and looked at the first Ray of Frost entry, the CL was 11. I couldn't see anywhere why it would be 11. He is a 9th level wizard according to everything on his sheet. I changed the class drop-down for the spell from Class 0 to Class 1 then back and it fixed the error. I'm not sure how it got there, but that was the fix. Maybe someone can help try to figure out how to get it into that error state. I had this same type of issue again, but the values under Misc were all 0's. Changing the drop down for Class from Class 0 to Class 1 and then back fixed it again. However, this time the Conc and Cast Def auto-calc fields stayed at 22 (they should have been 13). I modified the Conc Mod to -3, which dropped the 22 to 10 then set the Conc Mod back to 0, which put it at the correct value of 13. I think this is a separate problem. To repro: start with 0's in CL Mod and Conc Mod. Put -3 in CL Mod. This updates the CL, Conc, Cast Def and Spellpen. Set the CL Mod value back to 0, this only updates the CL and Spellpen. It looks like you need to update the java workers on Conc and Cast Def for the CL Mod change event. This can be fixed by the player by adjusting the Conc Mod value.
Magik
Sheet Author
Magik said: In Beta, there are Buffs fields missing from the Touch and CMD rows on Defenses tab under Defense Values. CMD FF might need it also. These fields need to be added. There are buffs that adjust the values when enabled, but they aren't displayed in this area. Just want to make sure that this made it onto 'The List' or should it be upgraded to 'The Database' now? :) Magik said: For Attack entries, how about adding options to toggle on/off that will display other items that the player fills in, such as: Range, Ammo, Hardness, HP. You could just go ahead and have check boxes for all of the player-configured values just in case they feel the need to display it. This isn't as critical as the former, but I didn't see any responses about it, so doing my sanity check that it got acknowledged.

Edited 1454566022
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magik said: Magik said: In Beta, there are Buffs fields missing from the Touch and CMD rows on Defenses tab under Defense Values. CMD FF might need it also. These fields need to be added. There are buffs that adjust the values when enabled, but they aren't displayed in this area. Just want to make sure that this made it onto 'The List' or should it be upgraded to 'The Database' now? :) Magik said: For Attack entries, how about adding options to toggle on/off that will display other items that the player fills in, such as: Range, Ammo, Hardness, HP. You could just go ahead and have check boxes for all of the player-configured values just in case they feel the need to display it. This isn't as critical as the former, but I didn't see any responses about it, so doing my sanity check that it got acknowledged. I cannot attest to your sanity... I'll try and add those in tonight.  You're suggestion on toggling features is on my "3-page suggestion list" under Interface.  ;-) update : missing buffs added on beta
Magik
Sheet Author
Vince said: I cannot attest to your sanity... I'll try and add those in tonight.  You're suggestion on toggling features is on my "3-page suggestion list" under Interface.  ;-) update : missing buffs added on beta Thanks for the quick turn around. I was just looking for a response though. :) Thanks for all the effort that you and Chris put into this. It is making our gaming experience so much smoother.

Edited 1454602058
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I had this same type of issue again, but the values under Misc were all 0's. Changing the drop down for Class from Class 0 to Class 1 and then back fixed it again. argh yeah we might have to change it back to start at "none" which is stupid, but.. that at least forces a change event. it is one more step for the user though. we don't have access to everything, only change events and values of input fields. I did fix flat footed ability adjustment last night, i think it's in the beta. i can try to apply it to prod too if it tests ok, the code is so different now it's getting dangerous. i am swamped at work so these last few bugfixes are it for the next couple weeks for me at least till the 13th
I have a question concerning the macro text. When I try to make a macro that has a minimum number, say, using the toughness feat, I try to put the macro in as {3,@{level}}kh, but it seems to break the HP adj2 area, and it just doesn't register. Am I just doing it wrong? Is there another way? Or is it simply a glitch with the current build of the character sheet?

Edited 1454664096
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Is this a macro-text field that is going straight to chat, or a text field that feeds another attribute? &nbsp; I don't think you can use grouped dice rolls in auto calculated attributes, but straight to chat should work. &nbsp;If you are trying to feed another attribute you might try a min() max() formula min value &nbsp;= &nbsp;(((@{x} + @{y}) - abs(@{x} - @{y})) / 2) max value &nbsp;=&nbsp;(((@{x} + @{y}) + abs(@{x} - @{y})) / 2) I believe Chris added min() max()&nbsp;into the parser because you can't use kl1/kh1 for some reason. From top of the thread under Known Issues: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2788628/pf-pathf" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2788628/pf-pathf</a>... Macro fields (not on 1st 4 pages) do not allow kh1 , kl1. Please open a bug report for this , it is happening on pages of the sheet we have not even touched yet, so it should still work and is not sheet specific to pathfinder .

Edited 1454666231
Vince said: Is this a macro-text field that is going straight to chat, or a text field that feeds another attribute? &nbsp; I don't think you can use grouped dice rolls in auto calculated attributes, but straight to chat should work. &nbsp;If you are trying to feed another attribute you might try a min() max() formula min value &nbsp;= &nbsp;(((@{x} + @{y}) - abs(@{x} - @{y})) / 2) max value &nbsp;=&nbsp;(((@{x} + @{y}) + abs(@{x} - @{y})) / 2) I believe Chris added min() max()&nbsp;into the parser because you can't use kl1/kh1 for some reason. From top of the thread under Known Issues: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2788628/pf-pathf" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2788628/pf-pathf</a>... Macro fields (not on 1st 4 pages) do not allow kh1 , kl1. Please open a bug report for this , it is happening on pages of the sheet we have not even touched yet, so it should still work and is not sheet specific to pathfinder . Thank you very much. I was close to pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. Thanks again. EDIT:&nbsp;Though... if you don't mind me asking, how exactly do you use it? I'm trying something like above for HP in a text field, where 3 is the minimum number and it's supposed to increase with the levels increases above 3. Do I use both fids? How do I format it?

Edited 1454665841
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Yeah, I thought that you used to be able to use kh1/kl1... but it's probably me just not remembering that it worked in one type of text field but not in another. &nbsp;Hope the min() max() formulas work for you.
I really like the sheet a lot, and appreciate all the work going into it. &nbsp;I like the repeating fields, but am wondering if there is (or will be) a way to move them around to change the order they're in.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The last update that roll20 did in Dec updated repeating items to include row index numbers and ID's that are unique to the repeating section. &nbsp;Riley has hinted that ultimately they plan on adding the ability to sort/move repeating sections. &nbsp;We just have to wait... ;-(
Magik
Sheet Author
Have you considered an "Expand All" and "Collapse All" button at the top of repeating entries to handle that for the player?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I like that idea Magik... I can see the need with 40+ class abilities. &nbsp;;-) &nbsp;I'll look into adding an expand all ability. &nbsp;Thanks
Thanks for the info! &nbsp;I can't wait to see what's next.

Edited 1454912850
Magik
Sheet Author
Vince said: I like that idea Magik... I can see the need with 40+ class abilities. &nbsp;;-) &nbsp;I'll look into adding an expand all ability. &nbsp;Thanks Maybe you could use a little graphic with a double arrow pointing one way or the other.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
EDIT: Though... if you don't mind me asking, how exactly do you use it? I'm trying something like above for HP in a text field, where 3 is the minimum number and it's supposed to increase with the levels increases above 3. Do I use both fids? How do I format it? For this you need to use max, and the field would be: max(3,@{level}) that would be 3, plus 1 per level starting after 3. Whenever they write "minimum of" you use max, and vice versa. :)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Request put in for version 0.21 of sheet. some minor fixes. details in top post.
Hello! i have a minor problem with my attack macros the sheet generates. my longbow works fine, but my machete always posts as a whisper to the GM, i cant find an option to turn that off and do not remember turning such an option on. All help would be appreciated.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Dizzy said: Hello! i have a minor problem with my attack macros the sheet generates. my longbow works fine, but my machete always posts as a whisper to the GM, i cant find an option to turn that off and do not remember turning such an option on. All help would be appreciated. Hi Dizzy. &nbsp;There is an option on the Config tab/page to set whispers for PC's and NPC's. &nbsp;You can start there. &nbsp;One caveat, since attacks are shared between PC/NPC it's possible for your macro PC attack macro to have been set with @{NPC-whisper} instead of @{PC-whisper}. Check your attack macro-text field and change it there if needed.
Vince said: Dizzy said: Hello! i have a minor problem with my attack macros the sheet generates. my longbow works fine, but my machete always posts as a whisper to the GM, i cant find an option to turn that off and do not remember turning such an option on. All help would be appreciated. Hi Dizzy. &nbsp;There is an option on the Config tab/page to set whispers for PC's and NPC's. &nbsp;You can start there. &nbsp;One caveat, since attacks are shared between PC/NPC it's possible for your macro PC attack macro to have been set with @{NPC-whisper} instead of @{PC-whisper}. Check your attack macro-text field and change it there if needed. Thank you very Much, Vince! Setting both options to not whisper has solved the issue.
Magik
Sheet Author
Dizzy said: Vince said: Dizzy said: Hello! i have a minor problem with my attack macros the sheet generates. my longbow works fine, but my machete always posts as a whisper to the GM, i cant find an option to turn that off and do not remember turning such an option on. All help would be appreciated. Hi Dizzy. &nbsp;There is an option on the Config tab/page to set whispers for PC's and NPC's. &nbsp;You can start there. &nbsp;One caveat, since attacks are shared between PC/NPC it's possible for your macro PC attack macro to have been set with @{NPC-whisper} instead of @{PC-whisper}. Check your attack macro-text field and change it there if needed. Thank you very Much, Vince! Setting both options to not whisper has solved the issue. There does appear to be an issue here. Both NPC and PC appear to be required to be set to Public for them to be Public. I'll do some more testing after some other things settle down.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
NPC and PC attacks share all the same attributes including macro-text. &nbsp;The default macro-text for NPC includes @{NPC-whisper}, while the PC attack macro includes @{PC-whisper}. Mixing attacks from NPC to PC or vice versa can cause a conflict if the wrong whisper get's set. We had the whisper toggle included in the button roll vs the macro-text, but that breaks emotes added to the macro-text, so the whisper toggle was moved into the macro-text. &nbsp;Unless we create a different attack macro-text attribute for NPC vs PC the whisper used can get changed if you mix your attack rolls between PC and NPC pages. &nbsp;It will use whichever version is set last. &nbsp;I suppose changing the NPC attack macro-text to something other than the one used for PC attacks would work, but it may break exisitng macros... The other option which would be the easiest is to put @{NPC-whisper} back into the NPC attack roll. &nbsp;This will break emotes used in the NPC macro-text.
Magik
Sheet Author
Vince said: NPC and PC attacks share all the same attributes including macro-text. &nbsp;The default macro-text for NPC includes @{NPC-whisper}, while the PC attack macro includes @{PC-whisper}. Mixing attacks from NPC to PC or vice versa can cause a conflict if the wrong whisper get's set. We had the whisper toggle included in the button roll vs the macro-text, but that breaks emotes added to the macro-text, so the whisper toggle was moved into the macro-text. &nbsp;Unless we create a different attack macro-text attribute for NPC vs PC the whisper used can get changed if you mix your attack rolls between PC and NPC pages. &nbsp;It will use whichever version is set last. &nbsp;I suppose changing the NPC attack macro-text to something other than the one used for PC attacks would work, but it may break exisitng macros... The other option which would be the easiest is to put @{NPC-whisper} back into the NPC attack roll. &nbsp;This will break emotes used in the NPC macro-text. What does the drop-down on the Config page do? I still see the&nbsp;@{PC-whisper} in the macro text when I change to Public Rolls. Is there an attribute that is being modified that the template recognizes?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@{PC-whisper} and @{NPC-whisper} contain either a value of nothing or "w/ gm " depending on the selection.
Magik
Sheet Author
Ok, I haven't been able to find any issues with the whisper thing in PF Beta. The default seems to work fine and, as Dizzy found, you can set both to Public and the problem goes away. It doesn't seem possible now, but one GM of mine preferred that Skill rolls for things that produce results of your character that are visible are to be Public, but the rest needed to be whispered (like knowledge checks). So, in that case what should a player do? Would they set both to Public on the Config tab and then modify their Macro Text on the hidden skills to have&nbsp;@{PC-whisper=/w gm} ?
Magik
Sheet Author
For the new INIT notes, can you add an option check box to turn on/off including it in the roll output? Sometimes people just like notes for themselves. Chris, check over the "Concentration Mod" and "Cast Defense Mod" fields. I think there is a value missing from the java worker. When you mess with the "Caster Level Mod" or the "Class" (drop-down) fields, the numbers go all over the place. Thanks!