Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

I've got the beta sheet loaded and I've been tinkering with triggering things in the api. Unfortunately it appears that Object.values does not exist in the web worker which runs on the api server so you need to add something like this // Adding an Object.values polyfill since it appears to be missing in the web workers of the api server if (!Object.values) { var hasOwnProperty = ({}).hasOwnProperty; Object.values = function values(obj) { var ret = []; var boundHasOwnProperty = hasOwnProperty.bind(obj); for(var i in obj) { if(boundHasOwnProperty(i)) { ret.push(i); } } return ret; }; } Into the scripts of the character sheet otherwise a few things break (Including importing items)

Edited 1487266517
I just recently got a bug where the templates dont show up. Is it on me? Or is it the sheet? Also this is on the live character sheet not the beta. The bug

Edited 1487267167
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Petrenko said: I just recently got a bug where the templates dont show up. Is it on me? Or is it the sheet? Also this is on the live character sheet not the beta. The bug This isn't just you. &nbsp;Something must have changed on roll20. &nbsp;I can see this on Dev and Main. &nbsp;We haven't had an update on the live sheet. &nbsp;We'll need to inquire further with roll20 I think... &nbsp;Thanks UPDATE: This is a site-wide issue apparently: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4646565/css-problem-in-chat" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4646565/css-problem-in-chat</a>
Vince said: Petrenko said: I just recently got a bug where the templates dont show up. Is it on me? Or is it the sheet? Also this is on the live character sheet not the beta. The bug This isn't just you. &nbsp;Something must have changed on roll20. &nbsp;I can see this on Dev and Main. &nbsp;We haven't had an update on the live sheet. &nbsp;We'll need to inquire further with roll20 I think... &nbsp;Thanks UPDATE: This is a site-wide issue apparently: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4646565/css-problem-in-chat" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4646565/css-problem-in-chat</a> Thank you for the help!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
And..... it's fixed. &nbsp;;-) Reload your browser again, the Dev's just deployed a fix and this should be resolved now.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aaron A. said: I've got the beta sheet loaded and I've been tinkering with triggering things in the api. Unfortunately it appears that Object.values does not exist in the web worker which runs on the api server so you need to add something like this Into the scripts of the character sheet otherwise a few things break (Including importing items) I have no idea what this means. I think you mean this for Riley, not us, to update his roll20 code? Well that would be easier than Scott, James, and other API developers having to update all their code.
Joe B. said: Roll20 can behave in ways that seem strange if you nest double brackets. If you remove some of them from your roll, you'll be able to inspect the results and get highlighting. Try this: @{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic-skill}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=Sense-Motive}} {{Check=[[ 2d20k1 + @{Sense-Motive} + 2d6k1 ]]}} @{Sense-Motive-ut} @{skill_options} Thanks. This works but it also highlights if the 2d6k1 roll is nat 6 or 1, which isn't ideal when I'm trying to see at a glance if I rolled a nat 20 or 1.&nbsp; {{Check=[[ 2d20k1 + @{Sense-Motive} + [[2d6k1]] ]]}} I changed it to this line but now I can't see if it's rolling 2d6s and keeping the higher, but it highlights correctly. Does that format work?

Edited 1487277874
Vince said: Patrick S. said: Under Set Buffs please add the option for Dodge Playing devils advocate here... &nbsp;but does the current sheet handle the use case without having to add more features? I know it doesn't show as a "Dodge" bonus, but wouldn't adding a buff for AC work just as well? A plain AC buff does not modify the CMD,&nbsp; where the Dodge bonus does.&nbsp; But I can select CMD, AC and Touch to account for dodge.&nbsp; Also all dodge bonuses stack, but not all AC bonuses stack. Although a one click option would be nice.&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Natan E. said: Joe B. said: Roll20 can behave in ways that seem strange if you nest double brackets. If you remove some of them from your roll, you'll be able to inspect the results and get highlighting. Try this: @{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic-skill}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=Sense-Motive}} {{Check=[[ 2d20k1 + @{Sense-Motive} + 2d6k1 ]]}} @{Sense-Motive-ut} @{skill_options} Thanks. This works but it also highlights if the 2d6k1 roll is nat 6 or 1, which isn't ideal when I'm trying to see at a glance if I rolled a nat 20 or 1.&nbsp; {{Check=[[ 2d20k1 + @{Sense-Motive} + [[2d6k1]] ]]}} I changed it to this line but now I can't see if it's rolling 2d6s and keeping the higher, but it highlights correctly. Does that format work? Simply adjust the crit/fumble point. Add cs&gt;7cf&lt;0 to the end of your 2d6k1 to make: 2d6k1cs&gt;7cf&lt;0
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
chris b. said: Aaron A. said: I've got the beta sheet loaded and I've been tinkering with triggering things in the api. Unfortunately it appears that Object.values does not exist in the web worker which runs on the api server so you need to add something like this Into the scripts of the character sheet otherwise a few things break (Including importing items) I have no idea what this means. I think you mean this for Riley, not us, to update his roll20 code? Well that would be easier than Scott, James, and other API developers having to update all their code. It sounds like he's saying that the sheetworkers don't fire right? Unless you have your own script that is importing things in Aaron, in which case I'd check Jakob's&nbsp; ChatSetAttr to make sure you aren't using the new setwithworker function incorrectly. I haven't made any significant progress on the companion script yet, so I can't tell you one way or the other if your above is needed. Scott
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I've had success using ChatSetAttr with the beta sheet.

Edited 1487277697
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Natan E: in the beta i setup a new "custom" value in the "use take 10 or take 20" dropdown above skills. then if you do that, and select "yes" in the 2nd dropdown next to it, you will be able to edit the macro and write something like: ?{roll twice?|y,2d20k1 + 2d6k1|n,1d20}&nbsp; or something similar and it will apply to all skills. i tried this and it works perfectly well I tried without the ? query part, i did add the 2d20 and 2d6 and it worked. so in a few weeks, that will be very easy to do . hopefully the new beta will be released in a week or two. we are finalizing some buttons, and finding fewer and fewer bugs.:

Edited 1487277953
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Patrick S. said: A plain AC buff does not modify the CMD,&nbsp; where the Dodge bonus does.&nbsp; But I can select CMD, AC and Touch to account for dodge.&nbsp; Although a one click option would be nice.&nbsp; yes once we add the bonus types, this stuff will be there.
chris b. said: Patrick S. said: A plain AC buff does not modify the CMD,&nbsp; where the Dodge bonus does.&nbsp; But I can select CMD, AC and Touch to account for dodge.&nbsp; Although a one click option would be nice.&nbsp; yes once we add the bonus types, this stuff will be there. Awesome!!!
Alright, so I've gotten some time to hop in here with some insight. Only a few players of mine have tested the Beta Sheet, but they've already found some bugs. Since I haven't been able to keep up with the forum recently, I may list ones you already know about, but here they are. Bugs: Armor appears in all Inventory Sections. (Toggling it fixes it) Class Features and Spells are no longer defined to their classes. (Have to toggle them to get them to set right again. This is a huge pain for wizards.) Weights are not saved from previous sheet, meaning needs to be re-entered. (Just a nuisance, not really sure if a bug) Suggestion: Allow us to toggle what buttons show at the top. A button or method to transfer Class Abilities/Feats/Traits/Etc to the new format. We have many people at higher levels, and as such, this would be a very large hassle to convert everything. Though I do want to say, all of my testers so far have loved the new sheet! Thank you for the work!

Edited 1487572891
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the update Courtney. Bugs: - We're aware of a bug where some default values are not recognized by the sheet until you toggle them (qty, and show are two usual suspects). &nbsp;Armor/shield not getting set to the appropriate inventory tab although their equip-type seems to be properly set, may be related. &nbsp;Same goes for the weights (probably directly related to qty not being recognized)... - "Class Features and Spells are no longer defined to their classes." Can you please describe this in a little more detail? &nbsp;Nevermind, I see what you mean. ;-( Suggestions: At this point we're focusing on trying to squash bugs and having as pain-free a roll out as possible. &nbsp; - We'll add toggling viewable command buttons to the suggestion/todo list. &nbsp; - I believe Chris is planning on adding a button to migrate the Original abilities to the new abilities. We do not want to have issues like we experienced when combining the spells section. A migration is planned, but I think it's not going to happen for the next release. &nbsp;There will have to be lot's of testing before that would be made live. &nbsp;Also, both Abilities are available in the hopes that some users will make the conversion of older sheet's manually. ;-)
Vince said: Thanks for the update Courtney. Bugs: - "Class Features and Spells are no longer defined to their classes." Can you please describe this in a little more detail? Suggestions: At this point we're focusing on trying to squash bugs and having as pain-free a roll out as possible. &nbsp; For the bug, it no longer is connected to it's associated class, so that the drop-down of "Class 0" or 1 or so on, on class features, is no longer set and is undefined (This is what the sheet calls it). Now for spells, this only seems to happen for spells that were added with the Compendium prior to being transferred, and you need to retoggle Class 0 to Class 1 and then back to class 0 for it to fix itself. Clicking the button for the spell causes it to display "Undefined, 1" (1 being spell level). And I'm well aware of it, but these are things that my players wanted to see. And I feel it would be rude not to voice their wants after they were helping test the sheet.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok, it's only happening for compendium, interesting. I suppose it is because class 0 is the default, and sometimes it seems when we set a value to the default, nothing actually happens. What is crazy is we did not touch spells, or class features, so why is it suddenly breaking them, when it didn't break in version 70, 71,72, etc. Ah the magic of computers. &nbsp;

Edited 1487578966
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I just tested adding a spell manually to a v74 sheet and after updating to v1.15, all spells regardless if they were from the compendium or manually added, lost their class... (blank name field) However manual spells show the class name when rolling the spell, but compendium says "undefined" &nbsp; Definitely a bug. What i noticed on class features; if the class wasn't set in v74 (this may be an active bug in v7x where the class name wasn't set even though class# had "0" by default) it still isn't set in v1x. &nbsp;However, if it is set in v74, it seems to migrate with the class name in tact. &nbsp; Not sure if there's a bug in v1x or just a "carry-over" bug from the current live sheet. If anyone can verify the same or... &nbsp;please post.
Glad we could help! Wish I could help more with coding, but that is sadly not my forte. I'll keep going through the stuff, see if I can't dig up something else. But so far, even with the bug, people seem really happy with the new layout and feel. So thank you and good job!
I recently converted to the Pathfinder Character Sheet from the Pathfinder Character Sheet (Simple). I'm in the process of recreating my monsters, but when I try to make an on-token macro related to the attack in question, it rolls the attack roll fine, but the damage is not figured. The button works properly from the npc sheet, but when I use the same script (retrieved from hovering over the button on the sheet and changing $X to the appropriate number (0) ) the damage is not appropriated.&nbsp; What am I doing wrong?

Edited 1487622969
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
PF Simple to PF tabbed/neceros, scary. &nbsp;;-) I'm curious, besides the issue you are posting, how has this worked out? Assuming you have changed the roll in your macro to " %{Giant Spider|repeating_weapon_ $ 0_attack-npc-roll} ", have you tried resetting the macro-text of the attack? (just delete the entire macro-text and then try toggling something on the attack row, like mwk on/off to force a recalc of the attack which should reset the macro-text to default) &nbsp;Bovious, but also, make sure you have attribute data filled in for the row.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think if you use the position in the list you have to put the dollar sign in front. You don't need the dollar if you use the row id. So if it's the first item you have to use $0 but the best thing to do is click on "row id" and use the actual id number.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bugs: fixed Armor appears in all Inventory Sections. (Toggling it fixes it) Class Features and&nbsp;are no longer defined to their classes. fixed Spells are no longer defined to their classes. (Have to toggle them to get them to set right again. This is a huge pain for wizards.) fixed Weights are not saved from previous sheet, meaning needs to be re-entered. (Just a nuisance, not really sure if a bug) The 3 items above are fixed, will be available soon. I am not sure what to do with class features. i have an idea, but i don't have any characters exhibiting this to test with.

Edited 1487663267
Vince said: PF Simple to PF tabbed/neceros, scary. &nbsp;;-) I'm curious, besides the issue you are posting, how has this worked out? Assuming you have changed the roll in your macro to " %{Giant Spider|repeating_weapon_ $ 0_attack-npc-roll} It's been a lot of work, but we're talking my player's characters, so kinda have to do it. Also, I went from an older version of the Simple sheet to the newest version, then over to the full sheet. So I'm doing everything over again! It's a self inflicted pain. :P Your second line points out what I may be missing, so I am going to try that first (the $). I'll try resetting the macro if adding the $ doesn't work. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks! Edit/ Update: Thanks for pointing out the missing character! Still wish there was an easier way to do the update, but that's what I get for not checking/ saving before I swap. :P&nbsp;
chris b. said: I think if you use the position in the list you have to put the dollar sign in front. You don't need the dollar if you use the row id. So if it's the first item you have to use $0 but the best thing to do is click on "row id" and use the actual id number. Yep, noticed that, too. I'll let you know!

Edited 1487663160
chris b. said: I think if you use the position in the list you have to put the dollar sign in front. You don't need the dollar if you use the row id. So if it's the first item you have to use $0 but the best thing to do is click on "row id" and use the actual id number. Yep, noticed that, too. I'll let you know! Edit/ Update: This fixed it completely. Thanks so much!
chris b. said: Bugs: fixed Armor appears in all Inventory Sections. (Toggling it fixes it) Class Features and&nbsp;are no longer defined to their classes. fixed Spells are no longer defined to their classes. (Have to toggle them to get them to set right again. This is a huge pain for wizards.) fixed Weights are not saved from previous sheet, meaning needs to be re-entered. (Just a nuisance, not really sure if a bug) The 3 items above are fixed, will be available soon. I am not sure what to do with class features. i have an idea, but i don't have any characters exhibiting this to test with. Here's some pictures to explain the Class Features one. New Sheet: Old Sheet: Notice how the old sheet was set to the class, but the new sheet now isn't? That's the problem.

Edited 1487686665
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thanks, for some reason i couldn't make it happen. now i see it happening.&nbsp; edit: OK i figured it out. Turns out when a value is never touched by the user and remains the default, it is not actually set to that value, it is set to "default value, whatever that is". I realized this on a sheet when I saw some abilities changed to "not applicable", but some did not. So because we added "not applicable" and set it as the default, when the page was upgraded, the value remained "the default", and thus appeared to change to "not applicable" So removing that N/A fixed the problem. Which we should have done anyway.
chris b. said: Natan E: in the beta i setup a new "custom" value in the "use take 10 or take 20" dropdown above skills. then if you do that, and select "yes" in the 2nd dropdown next to it, you will be able to edit the macro and write something like: ?{roll twice?|y,2d20k1 + 2d6k1|n,1d20}&nbsp; or something similar and it will apply to all skills. i tried this and it works perfectly well I tried without the ? query part, i did add the 2d20 and 2d6 and it worked. so in a few weeks, that will be very easy to do . hopefully the new beta will be released in a week or two. we are finalizing some buttons, and finding fewer and fewer bugs.: Is there a way to have the skill bonus macro only apply to a single skill? The way it works currently &nbsp;on the sheet I have is it's added to all skills, which wouldn't work for me
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can still edit the macros on a skill by skill basis. The macros will now be hidden by default but are still there and can be displayed. In the beta (and coming version) you go to the Settings page and check Display Roll templates for customization (see below) after customizing it you can uncheck and hide them again. i think we may have to rename these 3 , they are a little confusing.

Edited 1488149727
Just remembered another thing! While not a bug, this can be very annoying. When we tested the update, it reset all the Sheet Macros back to the original stuff that was in the box, or so it has seemed with a few of the sheets resetting the change of {{description=@{notes}}} back to {{weapon_notes=@{notes}}}. As well as the spells to reset completely. This would be fine, but I know several people that modify that macro text to instead be a /e and text with link and DC. When said people include a level 12 (Almost 13) cleric, it becomes a hassle to try and save all of that before the change comes. I was wondering, is it possible to preserve that text?

Edited 1488152829
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I know that a migration routine is used to specifically handle the macro-text. &nbsp;Ideally the migration will add any changes made to the default macro-text while preserving any macro-text it doesn't recognize. &nbsp;That's how it's "supposed" to work. &nbsp;The migration routine has changed(been fine-tuned) between beta versions. &nbsp;We'll have to look at that a little closer... &nbsp;Thank you.

Edited 1488159256
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok we can try to have the reset macros be an opt-in type of setting. like.. the migrator is checked by default, and the user has to actually uncheck to set macros up to date. basically, any customizations (on right side of equals) should stay. but if someone completely redid theirs to use /e then yes that would have been eliminated. &nbsp;(and of course as you notice description was removed if it was still there sicne it was changed to 'weapon_notes') by making it opt-in, then it that user can avoid that. And since it's already one checkbox per list then they can keep their spells special,butif they don't care about attacks, those can be up to date (if they didn't touch it ever it would remain up to date) I wrote it to try to make sure customizations were kept up while making sure the macro was up to date, but I did not anticipate someone not using the roll template at all. And I worked so hard on those! :) secondly i can keep any text outside of {{ }} or @{ } , i think i am deleting it if found, mainly because my initial migrator was creating garbage text. i can not delete instead that would preserve /e text in case the user accidentally clicks. it won't hurt anyting to keep.
It's helpful to have, it's just most of the time a lot more information than is needed. Sometimes all you need is a link, roll, and DC. But I do enjoy the spell macros! (Especially since you added my suggestion of simple template for spells only!)
I would like to say thanks to all of you for the work you put into this. Any idea of when the sheet will be ready for use on a wide scale? Also, any idea if a text parser can be put in so that we can pull statblocks from the SRD or from PC Gen to drop in for characters and other creatures?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Xathos said: I would like to say thanks to all of you for the work you put into this. Any idea of when the sheet will be ready for use on a wide scale? Also, any idea if a text parser can be put in so that we can pull statblocks from the SRD or from PC Gen to drop in for characters and other creatures? You're very welcome. &nbsp;We're pushing for a 3/6 release and adding a text parser to the sheet is on the todo list, but I can't really comment on when that will get implemented.

Edited 1488332160
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
just the drag and drop from the compendium / srd roll20 provides. But not yet a generic one for any statblock. But at least that covers the first couple Bestiaries. edit: but it's in the list to have a similar functionality to cgen since I know i try to use unknown monsters, since my group has been gaming since junior high and we're all over 40, so it's hard to surprise them.

Edited 1488339794
Courtney's post a couple of days ago got me thinking. Would you consider adding an optional emote field to attacks/spells/abilities/etc.? If present, it could be inserted at the very beginning of the macro, before the roll template. This seems (to one admittedly not very familiar with sheet authoring) like a fairly simple way to allow players to add some flavor to their rolls without requiring them to know how to edit their macros. Here's how I'm imagining the output: Players could even throw a @{target} in if they wanted: I'm sure it's too late to add this to version 1, but is it worth adding to the to-do list? Thanks!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
sounds good, i added it to the list
chris b. said: just the drag and drop from the compendium / srd roll20 provides. But not yet a generic one for any statblock. But at least that covers the first couple Bestiaries. How could we get all of the Bestiaries in the Compendium? For that matter, would it be possible to move the NPC Codex and other things into the compendium so we could drag and drop them like we do the monster information?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
when roll20 ever decides to update it, not sure when that will be. but even then it will be OGL content only (anything found here <a href="http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/</a> ) ... so maybe NPC codex&nbsp; someone has to write a screenscraper and get all the data into JSON format compatible with the compendium
I've noticed that when a PC is imported using HL-Import the Skills (STAT linked modifier value) is not being updated correctly even after a Recalc. If you manually change the associated STAT to something else and back again it calculates normally. Alternatively if I change the Base STATvalue or add a bonus to Enh or Misc it recalculates the bonuses to the new value, remove the bonuses and it acts normally. Any idea why this behaviour is happening? Shouldn't Recalc update these fields? Cheers, Chris
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ability mods on skills not updating on a recalc should be fixed thanks to chris b, and I've updated the HL import to manually set the ability mod values upon import, as well as a few other things that I'd previously just let the existing sheet code handle (mostly when importing spell classes).

Edited 1488830028
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
new build submitted for the all new sheet: version 1.17, so you should see it tuesday night or&nbsp;wednesday <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... so you can back up your campaigns if you want&nbsp; we will start a new post for the new sheet. Vince was going to do it since i need to take a step back for awhile (yeah right) no really
First of all, thank you to all the people who are working on this character sheet, without your work our beloved hobby would be much less easier to pursue. Now, when will the new version (1.1 iirc) be released? Vince said: We're pushing for a 3/6 release But I still can't see it in my games. Does the GM need to update something to use the new sheet? Or are there some problems delaying the release of the new version? Thank you for your time and sorry if I sounded too anxious.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Diaz Ex Machina said: First of all, thank you to all the people who are working on this character sheet, without your work our beloved hobby would be much less easier to pursue. Now, when will the new version (1.1 iirc) be released? Vince said: We're pushing for a 3/6 release But I still can't see it in my games. Does the GM need to update something to use the new sheet? Or are there some problems delaying the release of the new version? Thank you for your time and sorry if I sounded too anxious. See Chris' post right above.
Looks like the currency weight unit is pound. It would be nice if there was an option to either chose kilograms or set the currency weight, because i'm using the french translation of the pathfinder sheet delivered with roll20 and the equipment weight always seemed off when compared to what i had calculated myself, until i noticed the currency was twice as heavy as it should be. I guess we'll just convert everything into pounds for the time being. But that still would be nice to be able to use your own set of standard units. Thanks for your time. Have a nice day.
Scott C. said: See Chris' post right above. Yeah, saw his post the second I posted mine. Thank you.