Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Alright, so my group and I have been experiencing some strange bugs. One of the PC cannot roll ability checks with Str, Dex, or any of the rest. I tried creating a new character to start copying over all of his info, and I tried rolling the ability checks again on the new sheet, and none of those work either. If i go to the NPC tab, it will roll the ability checks from there, but not from from the character sheet. I also tried calling the roll manually in the chat using %{character name|STR-Check}, and that didnt work either. But when I used the same command for another character, it worked fine. The last thing I have tried is deleting all of the attributes, then refreshing the sheet, and still no-go. When I call for the total value of the ability stat with @{character name|STR}, it does return the correct value though. Its seems to only be effecting newly created character, and this one PC (at least so far). Any thoughts, suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Hey guys, I'm having an issue where @{attk-melee} doesn't update when ticking buffs on/off, I have to change the ability dropdown menu to something else and back to force it to update or use the recalculate button but that takes a bit too long in the heat of a game. @{buff_melee-total} does update fine, and damage buffs work fine too. I think the same happens for the ranged version too.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fixed the two items above: 1. ability checks not working 2. attack (melee and ranged) not updating attack rows on change. Put in the pull request. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
Hi Pathfinder Sheet guys -- thanks for the sheet, it is awesome. I wanted to report a bug that I am encountering in v0.66. Specifically, under Core &gt; Ability Scores, the "Damage" and "Penalty" columns are not properly applied. The "Drain" column _is_ properly applied. i.e. assume a "Total" dexterity of 20: ... if we apply -1 damage to the DEX column, nothing updates: ... if we apply a further &nbsp;-1 damage to the DEX column (making it -2 in total), then the "Mod" column updates (from "5" to "4"), but the "Total" column does not (it stays at 20): Compare this behaviour to applying -1 drain to the DEX column, in which case everything updates properly: Note that this errant behaviour affects the "Damage" and the "Penalty" columns, though I've only demonstrated it under the "Damage" column. Thanks!

Edited 1475000061
Magik
Sheet Author
Remi said: Hi Pathfinder Sheet guys -- thanks for the sheet, it is awesome. I wanted to report a bug that I am encountering in v0.66. Specifically, under Core &gt; Ability Scores, the "Damage" and "Penalty" columns are not properly applied. The "Drain" column _is_ properly applied. Check out the ability "damage" rules&nbsp; here , specifically:&nbsp; Diseases, poisons, spells, and other abilities can all deal damage directly to your ability scores. This damage does not actually reduce an ability, but it does apply a penalty to the skills and statistics that are based on that ability.&nbsp;For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability. So, these damage columns don't modify your total score at all since " This damage does not actually reduce an ability" ; rather, it will lower your bonus by -1 for every 2 damage because of " For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty ". Ability "drain" actually reduces the relevant ability score. In other words, the sheet is behaving properly. The rules are just a little strange in PF for modifying the scores. I was confused the first time that I saw this too.

Edited 1475000137
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is the correct behavior. Penalty and Damage does not lower your ability score, but every 2 points of them lowers your modifier. So if you take 1 point of ability damage, it has no effect. Only groups of 2 affect you. Drain does actually lower the ability score itself.&nbsp; If your group houserules it differently you'll have to use the drain column. <a href="http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/glossary.html#ability-score-damage-penalty-and-drain" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/glossary.html#ability-score-damage-penalty-and-drain</a> Ninja'd by magik! &nbsp;I thought you played a monk? Edit: actually I never thought of this, should we add up Penalty and Damage BEFORE dividing by 2? so if&nbsp;
Wow -- ok, thanks Chris/Magik. TIL I have misunderstood how ability damage works for years and years. Fair enough, thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding. In that case the sheet does indeed implement Pathfinder RAW. Thanks again! Remi
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I have a question for this sheet. I am looking for a way to have fancy headings within a custom made macro. I know for example how to bold and italic things using Roll20, but I'm wondering if there is a way to create a font size, style or other changes using what is built into the sheet and within the macro.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Other than what is included in the formatting for specific template fields, roll20 does not support specifying a font style beyond bold, italic, bold & italic, and the code formatting. The exception (as it always is) is if you use the API to generate your macro, then you can use html/css to define the output as you please. In general that's not going to be useful for just a macro though. If you know how to bold and italicize things, most of this will be old news, but have a look at the basic formatting section of the text chat wiki:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Basic_Formatting" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Basic_Formatting</a>
So there's no way to force a heading? Was hoping for something like {{lefttext_4=...}} sort of thing. Where I could change the lefttext_4 to whatever call it was to generate it. Oh well, was just a pipe dream if it can't, thanks for the quick response.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The pathfinder sheet's templates have a lot of fields; one of them might do what you want. Check out the sheet's&nbsp; roll template documentation .
Hi everyone, Quick question: Does anyone know of a way to prompt the Recalculate function of the character sheet from within an API script? /K

Edited 1475029836
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
GayKiwi said: Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I have a question for this sheet. I am looking for a way to have fancy headings within a custom made macro. I know for example how to bold and italic things using Roll20, but I'm wondering if there is a way to create a font size, style or other changes using what is built into the sheet and within the macro. You could use Stylish or similar css browser extension. &nbsp;Of course this will only affect your browser window. &nbsp;You can save various styles and even share them with other players if you wanted everyone to see the same thing. Also, don't forget there is a {{subtitle}} property/key to play with on all pf roll templates. &nbsp;It doesn't get any special formatting other than it sits below the header. &nbsp;But it is a way to insert some flavor in your macros. &nbsp;Text and images...
After finishing up a character of mine I wanted to test the attacks, but when I tried to roll It only came up with either an attack or damage, not both. I have tried deleting the attack and creating it again, but it did not work. I have checked the macros and had a friend verify that they were not messed up, I had not touched the macros originally before. One weapon used to work perfectly fine, although when we deleted that one and remade it, it did not show both attack and damage. We have tried a new sheet, having the attack worked on one, but when I started creating my character again, the attack did not work again. &nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Try entering 0d0 for your damage dice and set Damage ability to "None". &nbsp;Make a roll, then redo your damage dice and change Damage Ability back to STR. &nbsp; You can also try the recalc from the top of the sheet.
So I have a question and not sure if this was brought up before or not. Is it possible to add other tabs beyond the current ones available? And if so, are there plans to add in other sheets from the various Pathfinder books. Examples being a Familiar/Animal companion tab, a Kingdom tab for Kingdom Builder, and a Housing tab based on the downtime house building mechanics?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No plans, the sheet is so big and slow now, we are trying to streamline it without lessening features, not add too much more. At the most a small section for non combat familiars with little to no automation, just a place to write it down.&nbsp; A combat familiar or animal companion should go in a separate sheet so it can be tied to a token anyway so there is not much need for it.
chris b. said: Fixed the two items above: 1. ability checks not working 2. attack (melee and ranged) not updating attack rows on change. Put in the pull request. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... Just tried rolling the ability checks and still not working. I deleted attributes, used a new character, etc. and still the same result. Did the fix get pushed? Pull request looks like it was implemented...
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The merge and the push to live are two events, so they should do the live update sometime today. If your sheet says version .67 in the upper right then it is the latest one. If not then they haven't updated the live server yet.
Magik
Sheet Author
Cheri V. said: After finishing up a character of mine I wanted to test the attacks, but when I tried to roll It only came up with either an attack or damage, not both. I have tried deleting the attack and creating it again, but it did not work. I have checked the macros and had a friend verify that they were not messed up, I had not touched the macros originally before. One weapon used to work perfectly fine, although when we deleted that one and remade it, it did not show both attack and damage. We have tried a new sheet, having the attack worked on one, but when I started creating my character again, the attack did not work again. You should always fill in the Attack Mods and Dmg Mods with something, even if it is a 0.

Edited 1475074562
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Magik said: You should always fill in the Attack Mods and Dmg Mods with something, even if it is a 0. That's actually not true anymore about those fields, or the buff fields, or the "extra damage" fields. It IS true about &nbsp;the "add to attack roll" advanced macro fields (in the options), But those are set to 0 if you delete everything in the field, to make sure they are never blank i'd say toggle the STR dropdown to something else and back. I can't recreate this . Maybe hit "recalc" (the circular arrow refresh button at the upper right of the sheet) if that doesn't work. I cannot replicate this error.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
New sheet bug report: When you pull down on the description field under the core tab to make it larger for typing in longer descriptions, it doesn't move the rest of the sheet down resulting in this: The pull tab at the bottom right of the description field is no longer selectable to resize the field, fortunately, I discovered this on an NPC that isn't going to have anything else on the core tab, but thought you might want to know.
Karankwan said: Hi everyone, Quick question: Does anyone know of a way to prompt the Recalculate function of the character sheet from within an API script? /K Vince, Chris, Magik? Can you help me out? I have a somewhat working script that can toggle conditions and buffs but they're not fully active until the sheet updates so I thought about prompting the recalculate function directly within the script.
Magik
Sheet Author
Karankwan said: Karankwan said: Hi everyone, Quick question: Does anyone know of a way to prompt the Recalculate function of the character sheet from within an API script? /K Vince, Chris, Magik? Can you help me out? I have a somewhat working script that can toggle conditions and buffs but they're not fully active until the sheet updates so I thought about prompting the recalculate function directly within the script. Well, the recalculate button is simply a checkbox with the attribute "recalc1" and will be at a dormant state of value = 0. If you change the recalc1 value to 1 then it will fire the recalculation. I haven't tried it from an API Script call myself, so I hope that works for you.

Edited 1475159863
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think this has come up before and I believe that you would have to close/open the sheet to get the change of the attribute value to trigger, which kind of defeats the purpose...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Scott thanks, we'll get that resolved.

Edited 1475160684
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: I think this has come up before and I believe that you would have to close/open the sheet to get the change of the attribute value to trigger, which kind of defeats the purpose... With the new integration of sheetworkers and API scripts coming, this might be possible?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, with a pro account, once Riley releases the integration code and we (or someone) has time to develop it, you'll be able to make changes happen to the sheet. Technically you can do that now but you'd be on your own :) ( I don't think it's a simple thing even after he releases it. It may take some work. )
I tried setting recalc1 from 0 to 1, but it doesn't fire the recalculation. If you manually press it, it goes from 0 to 1 and back to 0, but so far we - I shouldn't take all the credit, it's one of my players putting in all the effort - couldn't get it to go. Looks like there's some more tinkering ahead, but thanks for the answers guys! /K
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When I wrote "technically you can do it now" I Meant write 8k lines of code to replicate the functionality. (Though a lot of the lines have only one word cause the formatter likes to split arrays up)
Is pf_generic and the use of lefttext_x and righttext_x meant to block inline rolls ( [[1d20+3]] )? <a href="http://i.imgur.com/3oFKf6e.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/3oFKf6e.png</a> Currently when using this template and these calls (for lack of better terminology) it only renders the text and doesn't produce the roll.

Edited 1475451933
Sorry found the problem, in the image above, on the line with No special abilities standard [already applied +3 CMB Bonus &nbsp;after applied &nbsp;but before " +3" is missing a close square bracket. Fixing the bracket fixed the roll.
I am not sure if this has been brought up or mentioned previously, but I was curious if it is possible to make rolling Initiatives easier. Instead of opening the page and scrolling down for each monster, I could simply roll it based on the page linked to the token. 3.5e's page had a function to allow this but Pathfinder's does not. I was interested to know if that was fixable, or am I missing an aspect/feature?

Edited 1475609003
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you could make an ability on the Abilities tab of the sheet and click "show as token action" THen it will appear in the upper left of the map when you click your token. On each player's sheet I put a macro in the abilities called Init that is : %{selected|Roll-For-Initiative} . You can also click, hold and drag any button off the sheet onto the macro bar. To add them automatically as token actions requires the API and a separate function, meaning the GM would need Pro access. We have mostly focused on the sheet itself. But it's something for the future.

Edited 1475609048
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Razor said: I am not sure if this has been brought up or mentioned previously, but I was curious if it is possible to make rolling Initiatives easier. Instead of opening the page and scrolling down for each monster, I could simply roll it based on the page linked to the token. 3.5e's page had a function to allow this but Pathfinder's does not. I was interested to know if that was fixable, or am I missing an aspect/feature? That's not a function of the 3.5e sheet, it's roll20 itself. Use the&nbsp; selected or target keywords to call an attribute from a selected/targeted token that is linked to a character: %{selected|Roll-for-initiative} for PCs/rolls that you don't mind your players seeing %{selected|NPC-Initiative-Roll} for NPCs/hidden rolls EDIT: ninja'd by Chris

Edited 1475641025
Cheri V. said: After finishing up a character of mine I wanted to test the attacks, but when I tried to roll It only came up with either an attack or damage, not both. I have tried deleting the attack and creating it again, but it did not work. I have checked the macros and had a friend verify that they were not messed up, I had not touched the macros originally before. One weapon used to work perfectly fine, although when we deleted that one and remade it, it did not show both attack and damage. We have tried a new sheet, having the attack worked on one, but when I started creating my character again, the attack did not work again. I'm having the same issue myself, in three different games now. Anything I made a while ago works and continues to work, but any new attacks added in the last couple of weeks just randomly fail to display either attack or damage - it always displays one or the other, with the other one missing. And no apparent rhyme or reason to which one fails for any given attack. And I've checked and double-checked the various fields repeatedly so I'm absolutely sure the macro text and all relevent fields are filled in properly. Is there anything I might be able to do to narrow down the cause of this? Edit: My character's sheet appears to be v0.66, while the latest as per the first post is v0.67. Is there any way to force an update or do I just have to wait for roll20 to get around to it?

Edited 1475675273
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks like the .67 code is in but I left the version # saying .66. I will correct the top post. It should update if you update the dropdown in the row to something else and back. I'm fixing it now in beta.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: Razor said: I am not sure if this has been brought up or mentioned previously, but I was curious if it is possible to make rolling Initiatives easier. Instead of opening the page and scrolling down for each monster, I could simply roll it based on the page linked to the token. 3.5e's page had a function to allow this but Pathfinder's does not. I was interested to know if that was fixable, or am I missing an aspect/feature? That's not a function of the 3.5e sheet, it's roll20 itself. &lt;snip&gt; He's not actually incorrect; the 3.5 sheet does place an initiative token action on all tokens associated with the sheet.&nbsp; It's a special class Roll20 allows for buttons:&nbsp; tokenaction .&nbsp;&nbsp; From the 3.5 sheet: &lt;button class="tokenaction" type="roll" name="attr_initiative" title="initiative" value="@{initmacro}"&gt;&lt;/button&gt; That said, it does put it on every token associated with the sheet so it's probably not something that should be used regularly. The more you know... :D
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
huh, the more you know indeed. Thank you for correcting me Diana.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
*grin*&nbsp; I lurk around here so I can learn stuff that I might be able to use with my poor programing skills.&nbsp; I certainly don't mind providing information when I know it. *bows*

Edited 1475707671
I'm surprised no one's mentioned a middle ground yet. It's simple enough for the GM to add a macro once per campaign that will show a button for every token in that campaign without making such a button appear in campaigns whose GM doesn't want it:
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Eh, personally I prefer character abilities for PC things, especially for things like initiative attack rolls that have different calls for NPC vs PC. In other words, the problem with a global macro is it shows up on ALL tokens regardless of if they need it or not.
To each their own. I take the opposite approach. I don't use NPC rolls precisely because they get in the way of using global macros. Instead, I use PC calls for everything and just set the NPCs'/monsters' PC rolls to whisper to the GM.
I may be wrong, but I think one of the suggestions from the first page got removed, despite not being implemented. The suggestion being to add a Spellbook for Spell-like Abilities.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris will have to comment on if the suggestion was removed or not from the thread... That said, including Command buttons for Spell-Like Abilities as well as Abilities( Class, Feats(and Mythic), Racial Traits, and Traits ), and possibly more are still on our radar.&nbsp;

Edited 1476012161
Jason H.
KS Backer
First I'd like to thank you folks for the excellent work. &nbsp;I love these sheets, and I'm blown away by the functionality you keep adding. Suggestion: &nbsp;You added formula areas to attack and damage rolls, it'd be great if the "Misc" column under Defense Values on the Defenses tab could be changed from a numeric field to be a formula field for classes like Monk, Kensai Magus, and Duelist, who get to add other attributes to their AC in addition to DEX.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jason H. said: First I'd like to thank you folks for the excellent work. &nbsp;I love these sheets, and I'm blown away by the functionality you keep adding. Suggestion: &nbsp;You added formula areas to attack and damage rolls, it'd be great if the "Misc" column under Defense Values on the Defenses tab could be changed from a numeric field to be a formula field for classes like Monk, Kensai Magus, and Duelist, who get to add other attributes to their AC in addition to DEX. Is it something that cannot be covered by including an AC buff? &nbsp;
Any possibilitie of adding a AbilitiesBook and Itensbook buttons to sheet so we can get quick access to all of those stats without oppening the sheet itself (like attacksbook and spellsbook buttons)?

Edited 1476138998
Sam
Sheet Author
Felipe A. said: Any possibilitie of adding a AbilitiesBook and Itensbook buttons to sheet so we can get quick access to all of those stats without oppening the sheet itself (like attacksbook and spellsbook buttons)? I love this idea, I've done it on my own for abilities by creating a character sheet ability macro. But it would be awesome if it was natively supported. You're welcome to it here: /w "@{character_name}" &{template:pf_generic} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag}{{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=Abilities}} {{**Abilities**}} {{[STR](~@{character_name}|STR-Check) [DEX](~@{character_name}|DEX-Check) [CON](~@{character_name}|CON-Check) [INT](~@{character_name}|INT-Check) [WIS](~@{character_name}|WIS-Check) [CHA](~@{character_name}|CHA-Check)}}

Edited 1476143477
Sam
Sheet Author
Loving the work you guys are putting into the sheet. The functionality is beautiful and I especially&nbsp;love that attack and damage mod fields can now support expressions. However, I did notice an issue with them that I wanted to report. It appears as if they can only handle evaluating expressions one level deep. It would be awesome if they could handle any level like how the macros or abilities do. Evaluate all expressions first and then perform the calculation. I have tested this in the beta campaign version 0.68 to verify that the issue still exists. If you set the expression to be the following: @{bab} will evaluate to whatever bab is. This works for any attribute, not just sheet created ones, (as expected). However, if the expression is @{PowerAttack} Where @{PowerAttack} is @{bab}, then the expression fails. Bare in mind that I have overly simplified the above example for the example's sake. I am not wanting to nest attribute calls just for the sake of doing so. The actual formula I'm using to calculate power attack is&nbsp; (-1*(1+floor((@{bab})/4))) The evaluation seems to fail because it already expanded @{PowerAttack} and believed it was done so it tried to evaluate&nbsp;the expression but then didn't know what to do with&nbsp; @{bab} . It would be nice if the system would continue to expand the expression until it found no more instances of attribute calls. I do realize this could have a negative performance impact on the sheet but I believe that this would only be the case for power users who would already be acknowledging the trade. Another evaluation issue I've seen is using inline tags causes the expression to fail. Setting the expression to 2d6 works fine and will evaluate to the result of 2d6 rolling. This will cause it to fail. 2d6 [Something] Just some things that I've noticed. Like I said before, keep up the great work. Loving the changes. edit: Oddly enough the Attack and Damage Insert Macro fields deal with both of these situations correctly, I had assumed that it would be the same code evaluating both types of fields. I hope this is helpful. Is this different behavior because those fields have the placeholder text "Macro/Query" as opposed to "#/Equation"?