Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

The red has gone but my spells are currently a bit messed up.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
wow that is odd.. i have seen it do that but only when I deliberately switched odd and even in the css in the dev environment. I can't reproduce it in prod, i tried popping out the sheet too to see if that made a difference. if you try to change it back to 1 column and then  split again into 2 does it still do that?  I did find a bug.. i cannot seem to move the repeating items around in modify mode, at least delete works.  Otherwise i'd say try moving rows around.

Edited 1470165537
Changing to 1 column seems to remove any of the white gaps but they're still there when I switch it back to 2 columns. It's not a massive problem, I just usually prefer the two column layout.  (EDIT) Sorry spoke too soon, white gaps remain even in one column layout. Also I've never been able to move things in modify. Another of the players I'm currently online with says the same thing but our DM seems to be able to move things with modify and he says he's seeing no gaps on his end. 
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just checked the dev server and I can move rows around in modify mode. Exact same code so.. that is odd.

Edited 1470177024
Only the first 3 profession/Misc/Craft/Perform boxes seem to allow you to change the ranks/modifiers and such the rest don't do anything (tried recalcing / restarting roll 20 and restarting browser) And while there is a button to expand / minimize craft its kind of invisible and there is no text next to it. I can replicate the bugs across 3 different games.
AC modifiers are not re-calculating. It seems to apply DEX and Size but nothing else.
Raymond K. said: Only the first 3 profession/Misc/Craft/Perform boxes seem to allow you to change the ranks/modifiers and such the rest don't do anything (tried recalcing / restarting roll 20 and restarting browser) And while there is a button to expand / minimize craft its kind of invisible and there is no text next to it. I can replicate the bugs across 3 different games. It also doesn't count the ranks applied into them.
Reporting the same.  The overall @{AC} auto-calc field doesn't seem to be updating correctly.  It's a brand new character, so I tried deleting every attribute in the journal to start over and doesn't seem to have resolved it.  Using Firefox (cleared Cache/cookies)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
addded to known issues, ill get on it
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
what happened was i sent the wrong javascript file, it was not the latest. only about 4 lines are different for the defense and skills, but of course those 4 lines are rather important. i'll see if i can convince someone to deploy it to prod tomorrow. I know they are super busy with GenCon
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
And I thought it was all my fault... ;-) I've been stuck offline, work and RL.  Hopefully we'll get a quick PR done.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PR request submitted for v.61 <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
One thing I must have missed on beta: if you set an attack's type to one of the "Alt" options, it shows up in the "Misc" section of the attacks book, rather than the "Melee," "Ranged," or "Combat Maneuvers" section.
I have a very minor enhancement request (and I really should just learn Javascript and try and pitch in). Could the Misc mod for saves be changed to be a calculated field? I'd like to be able to just put in @{CHA-mod} for the Paladin's Divine Grace ability. Unless there is another way to handle this that I'm not seeing.
humannumber1 said: I have a very minor enhancement request (and I really should just learn Javascript and try and pitch in). Could the Misc mod for saves be changed to be a calculated field? I'd like to be able to just put in @{CHA-mod} for the Paladin's Divine Grace ability. Unless there is another way to handle this that I'm not seeing. While I agree that your suggestion would be the best way to handle Divine Grace, in the meantime you could create a buff that adds @{CHA-mod} to each of your saves.
Yeah, I thought about a buff, but I would be worried the player might accidentally disable it. For now, I think just adding the bonus to misc column is fine. The likelyhood of Cha changing much is pretty low.
Just stopping in to say: whoa! So fast! - Character sheet working really well, thanks so much!
Looks like AC calculation is broke currently having to make an absolute attribute for the AC on monsters and characters currently, other than that the sheet seems a little more complicated for unfamiliar players but fantastic for experienced players wonderfully customizable.
Just a minor issue I'm having since the update: I can't scroll through the info windows.&nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you explain what you mean by info windows? Thanks
I think he means Description for things in Class Features, Inventory, and the likes. (Though this is just a guess as I can't scroll those anymore)
Exactly what Courtney said, and it seems she has the same problems

Edited 1470226566
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
edit; the only thing I notice is Short Description on items is not a resizable text field like on the others. I can fix that, but the rest look normal. Did you mean "scrollable" not "resizeable" like scrollbars appeared? IDK if they will put out a release this week, I think they are sick of me :).

Edited 1470226989
Yes I mean that I'm not able to scroll through them, like scroll inside the actual boxes, like I could before the patch yesterday.&nbsp; In these Description boxes(this is the one for traits).

Edited 1470229206
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ah yes of course. k thanks we can add that back in.&nbsp; added to list of known issues:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2788628/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2788628/</a>

Edited 1470237562
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Riley released .61 so the AC grid and the new skills calculate. Hooray! thanks for the quick feedbank and Riley and Phil for helping out. the other issues will be in the next weekly build, whether next week or the week after we don't know. August is my busy work month, so I'm glad this release had so few bugs. I guess we learned a lot from the spell migration :) We upgraded a bunch of different sheets to make sure attacks kept working.&nbsp;
Very small issue: I've noticed something on a sheet I was troubleshooting to see if I'd used the new attack inputs correctly: for some reason the 3rd attack crit confirm comes up as "4th Attack" instead of crit confirm. &nbsp;I cannot see why it is doing this. &nbsp;Does anyone else note the same thing?

Edited 1470256484
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes I see it. the confirm roll is still a correct crit confirm roll, it is labelled wrong in the rolltemplate. fixed for the next build. as a workaround you could switch to the Simple Template, the label is correct there. that is in the "macro options" section above the attacks
There is still a problem, one that I mentioned about the skills before. Craft Skill Ranks after the third do not count as ranks spent. (Some quick testing makes it seem it is the same for Artistry, Lore, Profession, and Perform.) Essentially giving free ranks as the sheet doesn't calculate them.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
shoot, sorry. will get that fixed.
And then another thing I noticed is that the Buttons and their "Click Boxes" are rarely lining up. Like the Done button for Buffs (After clicking Modify) can only be clicked on at the very top of the button. The Craft, Artistry, Lore, Professions, and Perform arrow is slightly to the left of the arrow (And might be good to make the Arrow and the Word clickable?). Meanwhile, "Defense Values" at the top of the Defenses page extends extremely far past it's text (This appears to be true for all of the arrows on all the pages (Save for the craft, Artistry, etc ones)). This appears to go on for the same length as the "Attack and Combat Maneuver Bonuses" button on the Attacks page. (I am not sure if this is a bug or not.)

Edited 1470259921
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes the "headers" we made very wide because we don't know how long the word will be when translated into another language. Before we were ending the clickable area right at the end of the word. Up until last week in beta we had the input wrapped inside a label tag - which would mean we wouldn't have to worry about the width and the clickable area was automatically set to the size of the label tag - which is the word plus the arrow next to it. However, we first rolled this out on the tab menus, and this created problems for many users who experienced "tab locking" Therefore we had to throw that technique out and instead go back to a clickable area "on top" of words and arrows. Roll20 does give us the ability to set up the css by language, however, we did not want to wait until people translated it then go look how wide the word is, then go back to the css and make it wider for that language .. &nbsp;that would just be a nightmare on top of not being able to read the language we were testing ... so instead I opted for a uniform width for tabs, headers,&nbsp;Misc / Description / ID/ arrows at the bottom of repeating sections, no matter how long the word underneath the clickable area is.&nbsp; but .. ugh.. yeah ok the skills are messed up. That should also extend out a little ways beyond the text.&nbsp; I am not sure what is wrong with the Done button, i'll take a look.
Is anyone else having an issue with dice not always appearing on the screen using the 3D dice options when clicking any of the specific weapon die rolls or the [Attacks] button options? It appears to have the same issue on Beta. Legacy sheet rolls the dice normally FYI.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i never tested with 3d dice, but added to bug list at top of thread
I see there have been some changes again, mostly for the better, but I discovered a bug. It seems to be a small typing error, where any plus'es to an attack is not added. When I mouse over, I see something like this: 2d4&nbsp; 8 and it calculates only the dice. This is only a problem for the first attack, iterative attacks do it correctly
So wait, classes part of the sheet has been removed?
Nope. It was just consolidated into the first tab.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Lars W. said: I see there have been some changes again, mostly for the better, but I discovered a bug. It seems to be a small typing error, where any plus'es to an attack is not added. When I mouse over, I see something like this: 2d4&nbsp; 8 and it calculates only the dice. This is only a problem for the first attack, iterative attacks do it correctly On phone, so I can't check.., but can you post your full macro-text for your attack? &nbsp;

Edited 1471359497
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I found a bug in the damage , but not attack, that might have affected users with customized macros. It replaced +&nbsp;[[ @{total-damage} ]] with @{damage_macro} (+ sign missing) on the normal attack (but not crit damage). This was called on customized macros, so it might affect some users. You can add the +, but i fixed the migrate and added a second "fix" function to go back and fix macros that it finds for version .62&nbsp;

Edited 1470583343
Hello. Quick question: Macros using the spell template have an odd "banding" issue (the background color of the line after "duration" does not change). Is there any quick fix/workaround?

Edited 1470587219
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I see it, thanks. We'll submitting a new build tomorrow morning, i'l have the fix in the build before then. Except for that, the fixes in Beta are all that are going in for this week and probably next. (Under "Known Issues" they all have "Fixed in Beta" in front:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2788628/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2788628/</a> )

Edited 1470667365
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PR submitted for v.62: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... Fixes these issues (also at top post labelled "Fixed in v62")&nbsp; Attack rolltemplate: Damage in main attack macro per row does not add in damage calculations (if you had a custom macro): fix is to look for missing + in between damage-die and damage bonus Note: some users said the attacks also were not adding in, but we could not reproduce this. Not sure if they actually meant "damage" or it is an edge case. if you have this please import the character to beta and let us know the name Attack rolltemplate: 3rd iterative attack critical confirmation roll is labelled incorrectly as "4th attack" Attack CMB2: incorrectly references CMB (1) &nbsp;instead of CMB2. Spell rolltemplate: "Rolls" section does not wrap to new line Spell rolltemplate: defense cast bonus does not appear in template in some cases Skill: Skill totals not updating for new skills Skill: Craft section disappears when minimized. Skill: Add extra macro/investigator dice does not work if "add query to roll" is "No" Skill: confusing option verbiage updated Clickable area does not extend to the right to cover entire word: announcements, headers, skill subsections Vertical scroll bars disappeared from textareas Edit: also based on feedback we will strive to put out an announcement on the sheet&nbsp;2 weeks before a major release (.70,.80, etc) so people who do not check the forums will know how to find the beta and can budget extra time before their next session to test and update any macros. Rather than it being a surprise, which can be annoying when you want to start playing.
I've been working on setting up monsters for a new campaign and noticed that the CR field on the NPC tab is now a numeric field that complains when anything other than an integer is entered. Many of the monsters I'm entering have fractional CRs, which in the past I had used unicode fraction characters (i.e. ½, ⅓, ¼, etc.) for, but the field will no longer accept them. Now, it seems the best I can do is to enter a decimal, but if I do that the sheet nags me and scrolls to the field any time I try to do anything with a repeating section. Is there any chance of getting this behavior changed? Personally, I'd prefer a text field to a numeric one for this, but I assume there was a good reason for the change. Thanks!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, it's actually a side effect of parsing compendium imports, since they have other characters in them that get stripped out. I was working on the npc sheet actually and will make the compendium CR import field a different hidden field so the parser will only write once to the CR field, and the sheet won't overwrite changes users make.
Joe B. said: I've been working on setting up monsters for a new campaign and noticed that the CR field on the NPC tab is now a numeric field that complains when anything other than an integer is entered. Many of the monsters I'm entering have fractional CRs, which in the past I had used unicode fraction characters (i.e. ½, ⅓, ¼, etc.) for, but the field will no longer accept them. Now, it seems the best I can do is to enter a decimal, but if I do that the sheet nags me and scrolls to the field any time I try to do anything with a repeating section. Is there any chance of getting this behavior changed? Personally, I'd prefer a text field to a numeric one for this, but I assume there was a good reason for the change. Thanks! chris b. said: Ah, it's actually a side effect of parsing compendium imports, since they have other characters in them that get stripped out. I was working on the npc sheet actually and will make the compendium CR import field a different hidden field so the parser will only write once to the CR field, and the sheet won't overwrite changes users make. I'm getting the same problem, but in my case it's also nagging me about the size of the character's space (my familiar is a Tiny fennec fox, so her space is 2 1/2 feet).&nbsp; In case it affects anything, rather than adding the NPC to my character's sheet, my GM just gave me a second sheet for my familiar and I just checked the "IS NPC" box on the NPC tab. On another note, even though my familiar has a racial hit die (1d8), because she's a familiar she instead gets half my character's hit points (rounded down).&nbsp; However, if I list the racial hit die type, the sheet automatically calculates her max HP as 4 (rather than the 3 it should be); a checkbox for familiars to alter the HP formula would be nice. :)&nbsp; (Oh, and on that note, the HP from the NPC page doesn't sync to the "core" page of the sheet; I only noticed because I needed to add the special features from being a Witch familiar, and the Class Features on the Core page seemed like the only logical place to put them.&nbsp; If I'm just doing it wrong, please let me know!)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes you need a second sheet for animal companions, cohorts, familiars, etc. The "NPC" tab is really just a view of the character.&nbsp; The sync only means if you modify HP, it will copy the value back to npc-hp. I think i had it in case you put "HP" in the bar on a token, but that doesn't get written back to the sheet anyway until it's opened. So.. if you want a different amount, you can uncheck "is npc" on the familiar, or you can add or subtract some HP in the @{npc-hd-misc} field on the NPC page. Right now that button doesn't do much.&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You guys had mentioned potentially changing the NPC sheet around to not auto-calc. Is this something that you're going to put in or have you decided to leave it out to avoid problems with already created NPC's?

Edited 1470764088
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I am working on reverse engineering even as we speak (type). I won't change existing sheets, but working on it for the compendium import. I'd rather do that than no calculations at all, if possible, since with no calcs then GMs wouldn't be able to use buffs or conditions... or adjust anything at all. Another idea would be to have different sections of the sheet have calculate or do not calculate checkboxes for NPCs. then you could freeze them... and still at least make changes. Or even do that for each row of attacks, etc. The thing is I am not sure what the majority of users want, do they want the numbers not to calculate?. It is becoming apparent users on this forum want something different than other users who never come here. Maybe we can set up a surveymonkey link on the sheet and hopefully people will go use it and we can get some data....&nbsp; For instance here is some of the new logic I wrote: For the bonus to hp, subtract CON bonus to get actual bonus (unless it's undead, then subtract CHA bonus), then the npc and pc hp will match. For Init, subtract bonus to DEX and add that as init-misc adjustment. then a recalc will be correct. Allow "-" for ability scores so undead and other creatures don't need to put "10" in. That's as far as I got, but that should at least mean the calculated numbers match the monster's actual numbers in most cases. At a minimum that would at least lower the amount of aggravation there is when importing monsters. Maybe i could leave the import section visible so users can compare, or enter their own out of a stat block? then hit a button to "parse" it ? hmmm. There is no way to get around manually checking for some monsters though, especially for monsters with class levels. Since ... well I can't very well rewrite CombatManager or HeroLab. ... can I? :) Like.. I don't know if any other type of monster has a different ability for hit points, or for init for that matter. I don't have everything memorized...&nbsp; this is what I have so far: (deleted bug ridden code)

Edited 1470766201
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heh, just being able to put a - for no score will be huge, especially when combined with the ability to change what score is used for saves, skills, what have you. Was really just trying to come up with a way to import monsters via script :)
Is there a way to toggle buffs from a macro?