Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Cool beans.
Hello, Reading all the posts here is humbling, it just shows how much work you guys are all putting in to get us those sheets ! Thank you so much ! I post here because I do have a question regarding the sheets. In case what i have in mind is not possible, then i beleive it would be relevant to the discussion at hand :) I play a character with high CHA, and have chosen the Noble Scion trait, with scion of war benefit. It does this : Scion of War : You use your Charisma modifier to adjust Initiative checks instead of your Dexterity modifier. But i can't find where/how to implement that on my Pathfinder sheet ... So, can one (GM, player, other .. ?) change those "fixed" parameters on her sheets ? Thank you for your answer, and/or for implementing this in the future/past/present :)

Edited 1463323319
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Vince, While DEX is the default, you may choose any ability from the drop-down selector. Cheers
I have entered values for Skills/lvl and Level under the Classes tab, but it is not updating the Max Skill Ranks under the Skills tab. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Edited 1463452741
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Kenneth V. said: I have entered values for Skills/lvl and Level under the Classes tab, but it is not updating the Max Skill Ranks under the Skills tab. Am I missing something? Thanks. Do you see the Totals for Skills/lvl(bottom row of columns on the class information section) change when you change either the Skills/lvl or Levels columns for the class row?
Hello Vince :) I do not seem to have any drop down menu/selector from which to choose from Are we (on this campaign) using the wrong sheet ? Can we change in-game ? (without loosing all info on it ? ) Or is it located somewhere else ? or been made unchangeable by our GM ? Thank you for your time and answers :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That is a VERY old version of the sheet.  There are too many changes to list since the 10/08/15' version of the sheet.  I would recommend an update.  At the bare minimum, make a copy of the campaign and tryout the latest community sheet...

Edited 1463502916
Ok ! EDIT : After talking to my GM, the reason we use this (old) sheet is because it is the only one available in french. And since some of the players are french, french sheets are mandatory ... (sigh) So, is this where i am supposed to offer my help translating the latest one to french ? Or could it be done easily by the sheet authors based on older translated versions ? :) Since this is my first game over the internet, and the first time we use this website, could you explain how it is done ? Where to find the new sheets ? Can i do it myself, or does it has to be the GM ? I feel sorry to ask here since it is not relevant to the thread ...
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The good news is that Roll20 recently introduced a feature that allows character sheet authors the ability to set the sheet up to support multiple languages, with a separate translation file for each language.  Chris and Vince are working on setting the sheet up to support that, at which point someone could contribute a French translation file, and the French players would automatically see the sheet in French (and English players would see it in English) based on their Roll20 preferences. 

Edited 1463538934
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Vince GM has to set the character sheet template from the campaign's Settings>Game Settings page. Sounds like he is currently using the custom option where you manually enter html and css. To change to a community sheet, just choose the Pathfinder Sheet from the template choices.  All sheets in the campaign will automatically get updated and will continue to do so whenever we update the sheet. Also, what James said. ;-) We have most of the v5 beta sheet converted with i18n translation.  This is currently only available on the Dev server until roll20 makes the feature live.
I was told that the people over here might be interested in the custom macro system I've set up involving the newest Pathfinder CS. I made a post about it just a couple minutes ago  and it contains the code for it anyone wants to try it out and give feedback.  Here's the link to the post. If anyone tries it out, I hope you enjoy the eyestrain that I put into it. lol Happy Rolling everyone!

Edited 1463790888
Sam
Sheet Author
Inclusion request: Can we get the helpless condition added to the list of conditions please? Mechanically It sets the dex score to 0 which imposes a -5 modifier to the victum  I haven't found an existing condition that can replicate that. Thanks. From a non-sheetworkers perspective mathematically it could be ((@{TOTAL_DEX_SCORE}) - (@{IS_HELPLESS} * @{TOTAL_DEX_SCORE}))
So I have been creating a lot of macros for feats/abilities lately. I do this so I can quickly reference them during the game. However, I noticed that the macro text default for them does not include the description. Is there a way to add that in by default instead of having to edit all macro text blocks?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@samuel.  Good suggestion.  We'll definitely add to the to-do list. @paul The idea of including the macro-text fields has always been to allow for the customization of macros.  That usually means manually editing your macros. ;-( Since not everyone will want a wall of descriptive text, I think giving an option of what to include with feats, traits, class skills, etc., similar to other macro-options found on the sheet would be a better solution. However, we had to move spell options into a global option to reduce the number of repeating attributes that needed to be re-calculated for sheet changes... As a compromise, maybe we could have a global toggle for @{description}...? Thoughts?
Sam
Sheet Author
I personally highly anticipate macro text fields. So many of my custom macros could be done away with if in say the damage modifier I could put "2d4" instead on only being allowed a single numerical number.
Is it possible to add more slots for Lore skills (or, for that matter, any other of the skills which have unlimited specifications)?
@Vince I love that compromise!
I'm in the process of trying to define my Ranger in Roll20, and can't see how to specify favoured terrain/enemies in the character sheet. I also have a number of feats and magic items which give me bonuses in certain types of terrain. What's the best way to define these abilities in the character sheet? All the skill bonuses seem to be global, with no way to record them as dependent on circumstance.
Sam
Sheet Author
Samuel Penn said: I'm in the process of trying to define my Ranger in Roll20, and can't see how to specify favoured terrain/enemies in the character sheet. I also have a number of feats and magic items which give me bonuses in certain types of terrain. What's the best way to define these abilities in the character sheet? All the skill bonuses seem to be global, with no way to record them as dependent on circumstance. What I've done in the past is to modify the attack and skill macros to pop up a roll query for those
A pop-up query seems to work for the favoured terrain/enemies. Thanks.

Edited 1464011667
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you could also add the bonuses as a buff row, call the buff "vs favored enemy", and check it on when you are fighting a favored enemy, or in favored terrain, then check it off when not. the drawback is the sheet takes several seconds to update , and you'd have to have the sheet open, but it might be easier

Edited 1464047138
Hello, my group is currently using v0.44. I just have a couple of suggestions that I didn't see in the main post on the first page of the thread. 1. Speed needs to be modifiable under Buffs, for things like Haste and Expeditious Retreat. Probably a good idea to differentiate between different types of Speed too, for things like Fly, Spider Climb, etc. 2. Attack/Damage Effects on the Attacks page should be done the same way Buffs are done. In fact, I'm not even really sure you need that section at all. I am currently using the Buffs section for Power Attack, because I can control both Attack and Damage modifiers with a single toggle. 3. It would be nice if both Buffs and Attack/Damage Effects allowed you to differentiate between Melee and Ranged damage modifiers, just like Buffs currently allows you to different between Melee and Ranged attack modifiers.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You may find #2 is done by tomorrow, it was merged 4 hours ago. Users can now submit translations as well as a bunch of other changes. For #3: Are there effects that change ranged damage but not melee damage? Most effects seem to just add damage.
chris b. said: You may find #2 is done by tomorrow, it was merged 4 hours ago. Users can now submit translations as well as a bunch of other changes. For #3: Are there effects that change ranged damage but not melee damage? Most effects seem to just add damage. Well, Power Attack only applies to melee weapons. If you want the ability for ranged weapons, you need the Deadly Range feat which only applies to ranged weapons. Also, the Inquisitor's Bane class ability is weapon specific; it only affects the weapon you're currently wielding, so either a melee weapon or a ranged weapon but not both (unless it's a throwing weapon). Lastly, there are damage buff spells which only affect certain types of weapons. For example the Forceful Strike spell only works on melee weapons and it adds 1d4/CL (max 10d4) damage to the next attack made with it.

Edited 1464094097
There seems to be a bug with the maximum calculation field for the repeating class abilities. I'm trying to use it to calculate the maximum number of rounds that my bloodrager can use bloodrage. It doesn't seem to want to update or recalculate promptly after a variable changes, even after clicking the button to recalculate automated fields. Here is my calculation: [[ 4 + @{CON-mod} + @{class-0-level} + [[ 2 * [[ @{class-0-level} - 1 ]] ]] ]] I know that the calculation works correctly because I can create a custom attribute which calculates the correct value every time.

Edited 1464098437
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
OK it looks like it breaks if @{CON-mod} is negative EDIT: BETTER WORKAROUND: Put parenthesis around any field that might be negative and then it works: [[ 4 + (@{CON-mod}) + @{class-0-level} + [[ 2 * [[ @{class-0-level} - 1 ]] ]] ]] the code we copied the evaluator from has a problem with negatives. I think I know how to fix this one long term now.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Top post updated with latest release of sheet, known bugs, and latest suggestions.
I can't seem to figure out how to update to the newest version of the character sheet.

Edited 1464109509
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We have no control over that, it's usually between 1-3 days after they merge the production code, and it will just appear next time you open a sheet.
Hi, on the defenses tab, under saving throws, setting ability to "CON" (as with FORT by default) results in the constitution score being added to the save, rather than the modifier. The other abilities appear to work correctly.
Sleight of Hand got moved into normal skills and not background. One of my players caught this.
Looks like the v0.5 sheet rolled out today for my campaign and broke all my spellbook macros, it seems even with updating them all to the one-page format there is absolutely no way to use them in Ability Buttons. If anyone can help, that would be super amazing, because I've been reading to try and solve the issue myself for 6 hours, and I'm about to give up. Interesting to note, it reads the spell name and makes the button just fine, but when clicked I get the following error: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "M" found. I get the same error from all the individual spells even dragged straight onto the macro bar. :/

Edited 1464135745
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hudders said: Hi, on the defenses tab, under saving throws, setting ability to "CON" (as with FORT by default) results in the constitution score being added to the save, rather than the modifier. The other abilities appear to work correctly. Thanks Hudders.  We'll get that fixed. Courtney R. said: Sleight of Hand got moved into normal skills and not background. One of my players caught this. Thanks Courtney.  We'll fix that as well. Vulpiplus said: Looks like the v0.5 sheet rolled out today for my campaign and broke all my spellbook macros, it seems even with updating them all to the one-page format there is absolutely no way to use them in Ability Buttons. If anyone can help, that would be super amazing, because I've been reading to try and solve the issue myself for 6 hours, and I'm about to give up. Interesting to note, it reads the spell name and makes the button just fine, but when clicked I get the following error: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "M" found. I get the same error from all the individual spells even dragged straight onto the macro bar. :/ Ouch.  I can confirm this is an issue.  We will try and get that sorted ASAP Vulpipus.
Magik
Sheet Author
Hey guys! Happy to see the updated sheet rolled out. On spell output, the "Effects/Target:" looks like it is displaying the spell range instead of the proper target field contents.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magik said: Hey guys! Happy to see the updated sheet rolled out. On spell output, the "Effects/Target:" looks like it is displaying the spell range instead of the proper target field contents. Thanks Magik.  Fixed on beta, will add to next pull request (probably tonight).
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
looks like we have the spells fixed too for both old and new, we'll have it in beta soon and hopefully they'll merge it right away.
Magik
Sheet Author
Why is the character's own Spell Resistance displayed when casting a spell? The concentration modifiers on each spell isn't updating properly. Changing the class for the spell doesn't help. Changing the Conc Ability for the class doesn't help.
Greetings, First off, thanks for all the work! During a gaming section tonight my PCs found that trying to roll any of the base Abilities (so just a STR roll for example) results in an error like this:  No attribute was found for @{Alvin|checks-cond} Hopefully I'm not reposting, but didn't see this mentioned. Thanks!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magik said: Why is the character's own Spell Resistance displayed when casting a spell? The SR displayed is for the spell being cast (SR from the spell-block) and should be used to determine if a caster level check is necessary to overcome a target's SR.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Carl S. said: Greetings, First off, thanks for all the work! During a gaming section tonight my PCs found that trying to roll any of the base Abilities (so just a STR roll for example) results in an error like this:  No attribute was found for @{Alvin|checks-cond} Hopefully I'm not reposting, but didn't see this mentioned. Thanks! Thanks Carl.  Sadly, I'm not able to replicate.  ;-( Anyone else notice this?

Edited 1464194722
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pull request for .51 just put in. I asked them to expedite putting it into production. Fixes: spells (old and new) not working when you drag them to the macro bar  spells not updating when making changes on spellcaster class (such as concentration) Spell SR in template displaying character SR instead of "yes/no" sleight-of-hand appearing as adventure rather than background skill Fortitude CON-mod bug Spell effects/target/area showing the range number instead of the proper string effect/target/area Known issues: "old" spells may have odd behavior if you used cast defensive check or spell penetration check, since those were rolled up and appear as bonuses in concentration check and caster level check, respectively. spell template shows bottom-aligned text, so if you show a description, the word "description" is way down at the bottom of the cell it is slow, a lot of the fixes we tried to speed it up had to be removed - nothing much we can do about speed unless javascript and html experts want to help that really know their stuff.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Carl S. said: No attribute was found for @{Alvin|checks-cond} as a workaround try setting a condition then removing it: it must be something affecting str like Fatigued/Exhausted/Neither. Then set it back to Neither. That should make sure checks-cond is set.

Edited 1464195576
Magik
Sheet Author
Vince said: Magik said: Why is the character's own Spell Resistance displayed when casting a spell? The SR displayed is for the spell being cast (SR from the spell-block) and should be used to determine if a caster level check is necessary to overcome a target's SR. The SR displayed is the character's own SR against other creature's spells. I think this is meant to be the spell's SR, such as "Yes", "No", "Yes (harmless)", etc. EDIT: I see that Chris found and fixed this. Thanks!
PadRpg
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry to bother about that but there are many elements that aren't translatable. I know it's a lot of work so if you want help to do it, I'm here :)
Hey all, I noticed that the miscellaneous skill modifier column in the Skills Tab is not adding in the modifier if it is a macro.  It calculates the number alright but does not add the value to the total skill modifier when the value is a macro.  If it a straight-up numerical value, it works fine. For example, inputting @{WIS-mod} or floor(0.5*@{class-0-level}) has the right result showing in the blue box next to the column but it is not actually showing up in the total blue box at the beginning.  To make sure, I tested the skill roll directly from the sheet and it does not include the miscellaneous value (if it is a macro).  Other than that, it works fine (including asking if we want to roll, Take 10, or Take 20).  :) CB out.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
.51 is now live. So spell macros should work, can someone try it out?  Note make sure that, if you are not using $0, $1 syntax, your row ID has the correct case for the row , since I have heard from some that all lowercase does not work for them. That should mean if you did not change anything then it should still work.
New error I am getting on multiple sheets. The Add button for spells does not work. Tested on multiple sheets and reloading did not fix.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aaahh! I was just adding spells in dev in order to test the other bug. How can it not work? Can you try it from the all spells tab? It could just be disappearing based on level (though that uses to work) Does it work differently if using compendium