Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Edited 1466104640
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i fixed the link, it was pointing to the join link which can change. now it just points to the campaign page <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/801350" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/801350</a>
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, still getting an error: not authorized.
Magik said: The "Worn Equipment" section will be going away entirely. In its place will be further entries to the drop-down for Location in the "Equipment" section. Worn locations to be added:&nbsp;Armor, Belt, Body, Chest, Eyes, Feet, Hands, Head, Headband, Neck, Ring 1, Ring 2, Shield, Shoulders, Wrist. I wasn't considering adding a "Slotless" entry to the list since that would simply be Carried, in my opinion. For Ioun Stones, I suppose you could use "Not Carried" so that its weight (if any) wouldn't count towards your encumbrance/load. Some features of this drop-down modification: 1. All equipment will be managed from one section. This will avoid duplication of effort in trying to update equipment in multiple locations on the sheet. 2. The drop-down will trigger sheetworker code to enforce uniqueness in slot usage. 3. The drop-down will trigger updates to the Worn Armor and Worn Shield on the Defenses tab. Note that the Attacks tab contains attack entries, which is not equivalent to "weapon entries". Weapons should be stored once in the "Equipment" section. The duplicated values for Hardness, HP, Max HP are being removed from other parts of the sheet. I might suggest adding some Magic Tattoo slots as they take up their own slots much like magic items.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
argh ok again , i put the wrong one :)&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/801350" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/801350</a>
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, I'm starting to think it's me. still Not Authorized
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll send you the link later. &nbsp;At work on phone...
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
No prob
Hey guys Im not on here very much but I had an idea. &nbsp;I play a mystic Therge and anybody who's had this (Super painful) experiance knows just how many spells I juggle. &nbsp;The new spell "Book" &nbsp;is amazing but I was wondering if there was a way you guys could have the sheet check the prepped box and color the "Button" differently if it is a spell prepared?

Edited 1466279792
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
In Beta, we've added the number prepared(next to the spell's name) and spells/day(next to spell level). AFIK, there isn't currently a way to change the API buttons in chat. Stuck on pink. ;-( We may explore only showing prepared spells though...
That would be awsome. &nbsp;As a cleric Wizard I have a metric crap ton of spells and anything to cut down on my prep time would be great. &nbsp;Thanks guys all your work is absolutly amazing
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Not sure if it's done a different way on the 5e sheet, but they have their non-prepared spells greyed out. Then again, their buttons look more like links so IDK.
I was talking about the spellbook API. &nbsp;if that got switched to spells that were preppared that would be amazing. &nbsp;I've written macros for all the cleric spells aswell as all my wizard spells and I litterally take an entire chat screen when I click the spell book. &nbsp;Not that I mind cause its really really COOL but it would be cool if those only populated the ones I've prepared
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: Not sure if it's done a different way on the 5e sheet, but they have their non-prepared spells greyed out. Then again, their buttons look more like links so IDK. Is that the "API-enhanced" Shaped sheet? Are you talking about the sheet's button "Prepared" that's found on each spell Scott? That's doable(maybe add a light grey background to the row if prepared..?), however I'm not sure if we can change the color of the API buttons posted in the Spellbook. I'm thinking we might be able to filter out un-prepared spells for Spellbooks. Need to experiment.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Are you talking about the sheet's button "Prepared" that's found on each spell Scott? That's doable(maybe add a light grey background to the row if prepared..?), however I'm not sure if we can change the color of the API buttons posted in the Spellbook. I'm thinking we might be able to filter out un-prepared spells for Spellbooks. Need to experiment. I think it was the shaped sheet that I saw an example from in a post. but the button that was generated in chat looked more like a hyper-link (like the API command Buttons, which makes sense if that sheet is API enhanced which I didn't know) non-prepared spells were greyed out text and prepared were colored text.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
How about changing the background color when a spell is prepared?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I mean, that's nice, but I don't think it's worth adding more onto the already slow sheet. Being able to see the prepped number works fine for me, although I suppose a checkbox for show prepped or show prepped only (however you would want to do it) would be useful for classes with lots of spells and/or low-res monitors.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I know it's an extra step, but for slow sheets (lot's of spells) I would suggest dragging spells in as you prepare them and deleting ones that you don't need.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, as the compendium comes fully online (hoping this will be happening soonish) that will be a very valid option.

Edited 1466368552
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Oops. &nbsp;Top of this thread. ;-p Beta Test Game:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> Please test.
HI, I just wonder is this character sheet compatible with the new translation tool developed by ROLL20 team, their blog updates are here:<a href="http://blog.roll20.net/post/144714637370/update-new-translation-tools-added-art-library" rel="nofollow">http://blog.roll20.net/post/144714637370/update-new-translation-tools-added-art-library</a>
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
We have added all the appropriate i18n tags. &nbsp;All we need is for someone to translate our translation.json &nbsp;&nbsp;;-)
A small note, the links at the bottom of the sheet are non-copy-able, meaning in order to view them, you need to manually type them out. I did not check to see if this was fixed on the Beta, but it is more of a nuisance than a real bug.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well i finally figured out how to make text selectable. It was setting both user-select and also pointer-events. So looks like we can make it selectable in the next build.

Edited 1466629691
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Why would they need to be selectable? &nbsp;They used to be selectable only, and then we changed them to be links... Agree, both is better. ;-p
Vince said: Why would they need to be selectable? &nbsp;They used to be selectable only, and then we changed them to be links... Agree, both is better. ;-p Because I couldn't click on them like your picture shows. Check the live version.

Edited 1466631874
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Courtney R. said: Vince said: Why would they need to be selectable? &nbsp;They used to be selectable only, and then we changed them to be links... Agree, both is better. ;-p Because I couldn't click on them like your picture shows. Check the live version. Works on Live for me as well. OHHHHH. I have the extension Clickable Links installed Wondering what all the hub-bub was about. I've been clicking on the footer for 6 months. ;-P Sorry Coutrney.
Vince said: Courtney R. said: Vince said: Why would they need to be selectable? &nbsp;They used to be selectable only, and then we changed them to be links... Agree, both is better. ;-p Because I couldn't click on them like your picture shows. Check the live version. Works on Live for me as well. OHHHHH. I have the extension Clickable Links installed Wondering what all the hub-bub was about. I've been clicking on the footer for 6 months. ;-P Sorry Coutrney. That answers that! :P It's all good. That is why we have other people that test stuff, right?

Edited 1466892133
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
New Pull request is in for v.54:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... it may go in before the weekend it may be monday/tuesday, who knows. we missed the earlier in the week build. fixes: spells are faster almost every field now has internationalization built in, so it can be translated. (I found a handful of fields missing, but they were mostly "none", fixed in the v.55 alpha sheet.. Also put a link to internationalization forum post at bottom of sheet. Due to above, range is now a dropdown. Attempted to parse ranges of spells into dropdown, if it cannot then it leaves as is with dropdown = "cannot parse" . Also has custom field so you can set dropdown to "number" and just put a number there, or even a macro to print to the rolltemplate. fixes to spellbook macros when you have links in the names of spells (also ensures parenthesis in user name) fix to links in weapon names for ... "weaponbook" ...&nbsp; most of the stuff on the top of the first page. spell id, links at bottom of sheet are now selectable so you can copy/paste into browser or macro spell options are global, this was to help with speed BUT .. .if a spell does not have a save, it does not print "no save" just skips the save row. same for spell resist, same for if you don't have a bonus to overcome spell resist or concentration it won't print extra "0" lines in output. In addition some items combined. Such as "saving throw: Will Negates &nbsp;DC 17" instead of taking up 2-3 lines. added Deafness note to bottom if player has deafness checked to remind GM to roll % spell failure :) NPC page fixed so repeating sections work more fields from compendium added to NPC page&nbsp; did we say spells are faster? Checkbox added to Spellbook macro to choose to only display "prepared" spells if desired.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Woot!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
im adding the total prepared spells to the page and wonder what column you think is best? the "uses" column in spells/day or a new one?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I think a new one or have a checkbox for prepared vs. spontaneous caster. If you put it in the uses column (and make it non-editable) spontaneous spellcasters will have a hard time keeping track of their spells.
Scott C. said: I think a new one or have a checkbox for prepared vs. spontaneous caster. If you put it in the uses column (and make it non-editable) spontaneous spellcasters will have a hard time keeping track of their spells. I like the idea of having a checkbox which that allows the player to choose between prepared vs spontaneous caster. That way when using the spellbook macro, those who are spontaneous show all their spells known, while those that are prepared casters will show only those that are prepared.

Edited 1466891620
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes we added a checkbox on the config page (should show up early this week) to only show prepared or show all. however ... I did not think about it as the difference between prepared or spontaneous. I guess... if you are a prepared caster, then the column would be the # you have prepared and count down. If you are spontaneous, then you could increment "uses" on a spell, and then the total would be the # you have used and count up. ... no unless you use metamagic when casting then that won't work. And then there's the Arcanist and however that thing works and then ... I bought Occult the day it came out but have yet to really figure out how those work except the spell level changes with level... in which case .. i guess it would help to have a macro field for spell level? oh crap, and if a character is multiclassed it will have a different setting for prepared vs spontaneous. ok.&nbsp; Except cantrips... I guess those are always spontaneous? well I also spent the day on adding a "slot" field for prepared metamagic spells. so it can take up a different slot than the spell level.&nbsp; edit: I keep typing metadata instead of metamagic. it caused a ton of bugs in my code too.&nbsp;
so my party and I were talking and we were curious if there was a way to create a macro that would give you one of those on screen buttons separate from the character sheet but would pull up the spell book api
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
So you guys already made the uses column non-editable? Or it just has a check box for show all or only show prepared for the spellbooks output?

Edited 1466894522
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Miro said: so my party and I were talking and we were curious if there was a way to create a macro that would give you one of those on screen buttons separate from the character sheet but would pull up the spell book api [Button Label](!& #13;& #64;{tag|spellclass-0-book}) will do it. Make sure to take the spaces out from between the ampersands and the pound signs. The tag can be a specific character's name, selected, or target. See&nbsp; API Command Buttons for more information.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott C. said: So you guys already made the uses column non-editable? Or it just has a check box for show all or only show prepared for the spellbooks output? just the checkbox, though now i realize i need 3 checkboxes, one for each spellcasting class

Edited 1466912911
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sounds good, as long as the uses column is editable, then you don't need a checkbox for spont vs prepared caster (although the all/prepared checkbox is great). One suggestion though, if a spell's prepared value is 0 or non-existent, can it be excluded from the button in the spellbook. Would just look cleaner for spont casters.
As I missing something with Max Dex on Armour? I have a dex mod of +2, wearing Full Plate which has a max dex of +1. The Max Dex is being applied to all dex calculations, not just AC. It's my understanding that this should only to AC.&nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Max dex is only applied to AC, but it could also be encumbrance affecting you. please post your numbers from the sheet so we can try to figure out what is happening.
Is it possible to add "CMB" to list of things that a buff could affect?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes , i didn't add it because i couldn't find a temporary ability that buffed CMB attack but not other melee attacks. Is there one? I know there are permanent class abilities but I would think those could go in the misc column on CMB. (Also, look at beta, we've added "melee2", "ranged2", "cmb2", for things like Weapon Finesse, etc. where you use a different ability. I still applied the buffs the same across both instances of each.)
chris b. said: yes , i didn't add it because i couldn't find a temporary ability that buffed CMB attack but not other melee attacks. Is there one? I know there are permanent class abilities but I would think those could go in the misc column on CMB. It's for a player who wanted to play a Marshal from 3.5 in a pathfinder game. One of his aura's gives him his charisma to Sunder, Trip, Bullrush, and Overrun so I was just going to let it be all CMB rolls to smooth it over.
I just discovered Word Magic (Words of Power) and thought they were freaking amazing. I've been wracking my brain (and discussing with a couple others) on how to get it to work well in R20. So far, we've come up with a temp solution of queries (and possibly handouts) as the means of getting them to work. I was wondering if you guys/gals would ever think about implementing some sort of system for Word Magic into the sheets. If not, I 100% understand due to how much of a PITA (not the organization) that could be to implement. So, don't fret too much over it if it's not really something you think you'd want to do.&nbsp; Anywho... thanks for reading this (and possibly even thinking about trying this).
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is also a "Alt CMB" on the beta page, where you can put a different misc adjustment on that row, and in the note specify which types it is for. That sounds like it fits the need, if the extra is permanent, then no need to use the buff row for it. Another way is to put it in the CMB combat note "+2 for disarm..." and check it to always appear, though that involves remembering to add it. Not sure when Beta will be ready. we're almost 1/2way through i think.
2 questions. 1.&nbsp;Is a section for animal companions or familiars getting added to the sheet, Maybe under another tab or something? 2. Would it be possible to allow rolling a spell from the sheet button to decrement the "Uses" value of the appropriate spell level, or the "prepared" value on the spell itself. Maybe adding a drop down menu under "Spell Class 0" to choose if you're a prepared or spontaneous caster.&nbsp; I got a player in my game who I trust but he plays it fast and loose near the end of ingame days.
I can't seem to get hitpoints to work properly in the sheets. I've created a fresh new character, set it as an NPC, given it 1d8 racial hit dice and a CON of 24, and it shows up as having 4 hitpoints. The fortitude bonus is showing up as +7, so the CON is being processed, but CON bonus is not applying to the hitpoints (and I've tried changing other attributes, to see if one of those is being used instead, and they aren't). Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?