Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I put the pull request in for .33.  It also has a collapsible section of text boxes for domain/subdomain / patron / bloodline / school / opposition in the spellclass area. On the 
Magik
Sheet Author
Ok, I posted an update to the sheet in my GitHub repository. Magik's v.34 GitHub Here are a summary of the changes. I couldn't get the headers or totals for the changes to the repeating item entries to line up very well. Perhaps Vince or Chris can help there. My head is sore from pounding it against a wall. “Worn Magic Equipment” is now “Worn Equipment” on the Items tab. Place your armor and shield in the newly added fields here and they will have these values present on the Defenses tab. Added new Armor and Shield entries on the Defenses tab with the designation “Worn”. These pull in the Armor and Shield entries in Worn Equipment on the Items tab to avoid duplication of equipment. The other Armor 1 and Armor 2 entries are left there so as to not interfere with what players already have on their sheet, but they should consider updating their sheet to use the Items tab. The Armor 1 and Armor 2 entries can also be used for other things like Bracers of Armor or other sources of “armor bonus”. “Inventory” on the Items tab has been changed to “Carried Equipment”. New columns for Weight, Hardness, HP, Max HP, and Value have been added to the repeating items. Totals for these values is presented at the bottom. Weight for an entry will only be added to the Total if there is at least 1 quantity (Total = Quantity x Weight). This isn’t the same for Value. That may be changed later, if needed. “Armor & Weapons” has been removed from the “Carried Weight” of the Items tab. Please let me know if there was a reason for this to be there. Now there is only automatically totaled carried currency, worn equipment, carried equipment and player-configurable miscellaneous weight. The carried currency and total were changed from sheet calculations to java workers. The “Current Load” section on the Items tab will automatically update from Light, Medium Heavy for you as totals elsewhere on the page are adjusted. You can manually change this to suit your needs also, but it will change once you change some weight value again. A new section on the Items tab named “Other Belongings” has been added for keeping track of things that your character owns, but isn’t carrying. Put your horse, mansion, yacht, uranium 232 explosive space modulator…whatever there. Totals are provided at the bottom for player convenience, but don't affect any other calculations on the sheet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll have look and update after work.  Thanks Magik.

Edited 1456179725
Magik
Sheet Author
I appreciate that! I'm going to move on to working on encumbrance and its affects. I'll be working in the Speed area of the Core tab as well as more changes in the Items tab. EDIT: Defenses tab also.
Magik
Sheet Author
Vince, if you have a chance, can you take a look at why the clickable area for the show/hide for spells overlaps the spell macro button when you expand the window very wide? I don't know if all browsers do this, but in Chrome, I can mouse-over the clickable area and the show/hide arrow will turn red when I'm over it. With the character sheet spread wide, this clickable area almost completely overlaps the macro button so that attempting to press the button will instead hit the show/hide and expand/collapse the spell entry.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll fix it tonight.

Edited 1456195234
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Actually, I'm working on Compendium spell drag-and-drop on the dev server right now; got it working beautifully on level 0 spells, just got to copy it over to levels 1-9; do you want me to post the changes somewhere, or are you already working on it, yourself? Edit: Slight issue: the spells section of the Character Sheet consolidates the "Target" and "Area" properties into a single field.  Since you can only set any given field to accept a single Attribute from a Compendium entry, I can either allow it to accept one or the other, but not both.  These will probably need to be split into separate fields for proper Compendium integration. Second edit: Actually, it appears I can just put a hidden Area input in there with the same name attribute as the Target input field, and it'll copy right over, so having them share a Character Sheet field isn't the problem I thought it was.

Edited 1456198338
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alright, just finished Compendium spell drag-and-drop; just have to replace the "sheet-section sheet-section-level-X" divs (lines 7554-8982 in the beta 0.31 html file linked in the FP) with the contents of  this text file . Only thing I have to note is that from my quick tests, the Spell Resistance field seems to always ends up resolving down to "Yes" or "No", and never the harmless variants. Edit: "Yes (harmless); see text" resolves down to "Yes", but appears "Yes (harmless)" results in "Yes (harmless)", so it looks like anything other than an exact match will result in in the non-"harmless" version.
Trying to help the GM with pathfinder character sheets but we found something odd. Even though we are not using 5e everything is a double roll and is not posting to other players. The other problem we are having is adding separate damage to attacks, EX Hand to hand for Brawler is 1d6 + str + feat for 1d4 and +1 for heavy hitter trait. While we are able to put in under attacks the damage and STR modifier we have no idea how to add the Feat modifier or the trait bonus
Magik
Sheet Author
J M. said: Trying to help the GM with pathfinder character sheets but we found something odd. Even though we are not using 5e everything is a double roll and is not posting to other players. The other problem we are having is adding separate damage to attacks, EX Hand to hand for Brawler is 1d6 + str + feat for 1d4 and +1 for heavy hitter trait. While we are able to put in under attacks the damage and STR modifier we have no idea how to add the Feat modifier or the trait bonus The last I heard about the double roll is that it is a Roll20 bug. It comes from the template for critical hit confirmation. For the whisper to GM, you need to go to the Config tab (gear icon) and change the setting for both to Public Rolls. For the heavy hitter, just add that to the "DMG Mods". For any extra dice, you'll have to modify the Macro Text. Look for the section like: {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} ]] ]] }} and add in something like +[[d6[feat] ]] after the two brackets after total-damage, such as: {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} ]] +[[1d4[feat] ]] ]] }} The [feat] here adds a description to the roll in the chat window when you mouse-over the roll result. It's there to help you and your GM know where the extra damage came from.
Awsome thank you so much magik, trying to read all this to help out our dm and it is a bit overwhelming. The double roll seems to always take the higher of the 2 d20's so we were making sure it was not going to be abused.

Edited 1456225803
Ok when reading the macro I figured out what the second d20 was, the confirm for criticals, the problem is that it rolls it no matter if you have a crit or not. It is also rolling all the extra crit dice instead of doing a straight multiplier. Our DM does not make us roll to confirm crits so I can take that out of there, Now I just need to figure out how to multiple damage only on crits, not roll extra dice per the multiplier. An example is longbow crit of 20 multiplier of 3, the built in macro wants to roll 1d8 3 times even on non crits but only use 1 of those dice if it does not crit... I do not want it rolling extra dice to confuse people. I would rather it roll 1d8 for damage, then on a crit multiply that by 3. Right now our macro reads @{NPC-whisper} &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{description=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options}

Edited 1456236747
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
1. double roll: it's the way roll20 works. it rolls every inline roll at once.  2. multiply only after cs: there is no way to multiply them after the roll, because the macro language can't "remember" the roll afterward. That is why it will display the roll for the extra critical damage, but it can't add them together. At best you can display text telling the player to multiply by 2.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James W. said: Alright, just finished Compendium spell drag-and-drop; just have to replace the "sheet-section sheet-section-level-X" divs (lines 7554-8982 in the beta 0.31 html file linked in the FP) with the contents of  this text file . Only thing I have to note is that from my quick tests, the Spell Resistance field seems to always ends up resolving down to "Yes" or "No", and never the harmless variants. Edit: "Yes (harmless); see text" resolves down to "Yes", but appears "Yes (harmless)" results in "Yes (harmless)", so it looks like anything other than an exact match will result in in the non-"harmless" version. Thanks!  yeah we can split that up into two fields no problem or whatever else is necessary. we'll integrate it into .34 
Magik
Sheet Author
J M. said: Ok when reading the macro I figured out what the second d20 was, the confirm for criticals, the problem is that it rolls it no matter if you have a crit or not. It is also rolling all the extra crit dice instead of doing a straight multiplier. Our DM does not make us roll to confirm crits so I can take that out of there, Now I just need to figure out how to multiple damage only on crits, not roll extra dice per the multiplier. An example is longbow crit of 20 multiplier of 3, the built in macro wants to roll 1d8 3 times even on non crits but only use 1 of those dice if it does not crit... I do not want it rolling extra dice to confuse people. I would rather it roll 1d8 for damage, then on a crit multiply that by 3. Right now our macro reads @{NPC-whisper} &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{description=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} The Pathfinder and 3.5 (and probably others) method for critical damage is not to multiply anything. You get additional dice, so that's how this sheet is set up. If you want to change that then you'll have to edit the Macro Text on each attack entry that you create. For your situation, I would suggest that you completely remove the  crit_damage section. As Chris said, Roll20 can't remember the dice roll for you (except if you started using the API, which requires a  Roll20 Pro account ), so you'll have to simply watch for the 20's being rolled, which will appear with a green background then multiply it in your head. If you make the modification to the damage section below, then it will at least give you a easy reminder of what the crit multiplier is so that you don't have to refer to your character sheet every time. {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} ]] ]] Crit x@{crit-multiplier}  }}
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
chris b. said: James W. said: Alright, just finished Compendium spell drag-and-drop; just have to replace the "sheet-section sheet-section-level-X" divs (lines 7554-8982 in the beta 0.31 html file linked in the FP) with the contents of  this text file . Only thing I have to note is that from my quick tests, the Spell Resistance field seems to always ends up resolving down to "Yes" or "No", and never the harmless variants. Edit: "Yes (harmless); see text" resolves down to "Yes", but appears "Yes (harmless)" results in "Yes (harmless)", so it looks like anything other than an exact match will result in in the non-"harmless" version. Thanks!  yeah we can split that up into two fields no problem or whatever else is necessary. we'll integrate it into .34  Actually, splitting the fields isn't necessary; I set the "Targets/Area" field to accept the Target property from the Compendium, and created a hidden input field with the same name to accept the Area property.  Since they share a name, anything that gets put into one ends up in both, so the "Targets/Area" field will receive either property from the Compendium. I'm probably going to take a crack at drag-and-drop for feats, traits, class features, and racial traits next; they should be dirt simple.

Edited 1456259744
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here is my .35 so far which contains all of .33 which is live, plus the .34 build from Magik that has encumbrance, plus your compendium fixes for spells. I have not done testing yet, just pasted it in : <a href="https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-shee" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-shee</a>... ok i did some testing: it works awesomely! the only annoying thing is a user can't hit "add" then immediately drag, they have to change something first so that it is a "real" row. the only way we can fix that is to eliminate the add buttons and instead implement our own via javascript sheetworkers, which is possible.
I thank you for your help, looks like we are going to have to get our DM a pro account instead of a plus then. Mostly we just wanted the additional dice hidden unless they were actually being used. Even if the system only rolled the additional dice for crits only and not all the time that would be fine. We are just trying to make everything simple looking with no extra fluff to confuse the new players. Extra dice that don't do anything visible unless it is on a crit but still show up on every roll is kind of the opposite of this.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
chris b. said: the only annoying thing is a user can't hit "add" then immediately drag, they have to change something first so that it is a "real" row. the only way we can fix that is to eliminate the add buttons and instead implement our own via javascript sheetworkers, which is possible. That's... odd.&nbsp; When I was testing last night, I was able to drop without having to change anything.&nbsp; In fact, I just updated my test campaign to the .35 sheet you linked, created a new character, added a level 0 spell, and was immediately able to drop Acid Splash in from the Compendium. I have noticed that the drop targets get a bit weird if you have spells collapsed, though.&nbsp; Also, there's a known issue where content imported from the Compendium doesn't keep line breaks or paragraphs, so it all ends up as one big paragraph; that's an issue with the site, not the character sheet.
Magik
Sheet Author
J M. said: I thank you for your help, looks like we are going to have to get our DM a pro account instead of a plus then. Mostly we just wanted the additional dice hidden unless they were actually being used. Even if the system only rolled the additional dice for crits only and not all the time that would be fine. We are just trying to make everything simple looking with no extra fluff to confuse the new players. Extra dice that don't do anything visible unless it is on a crit but still show up on every roll is kind of the opposite of this. You may be overthinking it a bit, but that's just my opinion. If every player knew that the default manner in the way it works is that two d20's are rolled: one for the hit and one for the crit confirmation then they know and aren't surprised/confused by it. You can also just turn off the visible dice and can just look at the chat window for the results. Another thing is that when the characters get higher level and use iterative attacks, there will be lots of dice on the screen with no way to keep track of which was for what. Imagine a 16th level monk with 7 attacks doing 2d8 damage. That will be 14 d20's and 14 d8's on the screen. The character sheet is made the way that it is to optimize speed of game play so that there is less worry about game mechanics and more time for fun. The mechanics are built into the sheet so you don't have to worry about them or check every number and roll. If this isn't appealing to your gaming style then you may not want to use many of the features of the sheet and instead use the chat window for most of your dice rolls so you can see them one at a time. For example, if you know that Chad the Great needed to hit with his longsword and has a +2 bonus then you could type /r 1d20+2 then see the result to confirm that you hit then have him roll his damage /r 1d8+2. The sheet is geared towards throwing all of your dice out there and then take what you need from it. Every d20 isn't going to be a hit or a crit, but we throw the crit confirmation and the weapon damage out there just in case. The DM then looks at your AC that you hit and applies damage to the opponent where applicable. This saves on a lot of back and forth interaction with DM and player on mechanics so that your time on a player's initiative is seconds instead of minutes. Again, this is just my opinion. I've been playing on Roll20 for a year now...today even. Happy Roll20 bday to me! Anyways, that is how the Roll20 way of doing things works and I think it works well. You may want to view some of the tutorial videos and gaming sessions to see how they work things. All of this should enhance your gaming experience.

Edited 1456263104
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's an issue for every player that plays a D&D offshoot that also uses visible dice. The only way around it is to just remove it from the macro (I think the config section may have a default macro that you can change so you don't have to do it every time), and when you want to roll a crit, just hit the roll button again to see if you hit. That's certainly cheaper than $10/month (Which the GM doesn't need to just write macros.)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Beta campaign has been updated with v35
Magik
Sheet Author
I posted an update to the sheet in my GitHub repository. Magik's v.34 GitHub Here are a summary of the changes. Loads and Lift values are now auto-calculated. It supports very high strength scores, quadrupeds, various character sizes, etc. Added “STR Bonus”, “Multiplier”, and “Misc” fields to the Items tab under Loads and Lift so that players can modify the auto-calculated loads. Mouse-over the labels to get descriptions of what each will do. Added “Legs” field to the Details tab. It defaults to bipedal and you can change it to quadruped. This affects load carrying capacity. There aren’t rules for more than 4 legs, so no other options were provided. If your character does have more than 4 legs then just use the quadruped option to get your carrying capacity bonus. Added “Modified” and “Run” fields to the Core tab under Speed. These are auto-calculated fields that display your Modified speed based on your load/encumbrance. The Run shows your maximum run speed based on load/encumbrance. Added descriptions to the mouse-over of new fields that I added as well as many Mythic & Items tab labels to help be self-documenting.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alright,&nbsp; here's a version of the HTML that I updated from chris's .35 version to add more Compendium drop targets. &nbsp;Feats, class features, mythic path features, racial traits, and traits have all been made valid drop targets, although currently the Compendium doesn't have any of those except feats (but if/when someone adds them to the Compendium, the sheet will already support them). Also, I've done some preliminary work on Bestiary drag-and-drop; the NPC tab is now a valid drop target, but the only fields it'll update are: Name Alignment Size Type Aura Ability Scores Defensive abilities DR Immunities Resistances SR Weaknesses Special Attacks Languages Special Qualities Pretty much everything else is going to require parsing. &nbsp;For those fields, we'll need hidden input fields that'll accept input from the Compendium, and then use sheet workers to parse that. &nbsp;I should also note that importing ability scores may require parsing, as well, because it doesn't play well with creatures that lack certain ability scores like Con or Int.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Very cool James. &nbsp;I just merged Magik's latest changes with a few of mine into v.35. &nbsp;I'll add yours and update the beta campaign and post the code.

Edited 1456285147
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Updated: v35 Beta html:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/970ca00916f0c" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/970ca00916f0c</a>... css:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/e3f9b71ada5f7" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/e3f9b71ada5f7</a>... - this has all the latest changes/additions - beta campaign is running this code ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> )

Edited 1456320460
Magik
Sheet Author
For the Compendium drag and drop of spells, it isn't triggering a java worker, so the spell's Misc values remain 0's. The exact match issue with Spell Resistance is a nuisance, so that should be parsed. We can probably do other helpful things like if the Target is Self (or whatever the designation is) then we can turn off the Saving Throw display option (and Spell Resistance if appropriate). I think that some things should be parsed, like Range should be converted into&nbsp;[[@{spellclass-0-close}]],&nbsp;[[@{spellclass-0-medium}]], or&nbsp;[[@{spellclass-0-long}]] where appropriate (or maybe just append this to the end). The issue that Chris described with repeat entries disappearing when you don't enter some data has been around for a while and is likely a Roll20 issue and has nothing to do with the Compendium drag & drop. I'll look at the 5e sheet for examples to hopefully help correct some of these issues. Thanks for doing this James. This is wonderful!
Version 0.33 is available right? For some reason I still see 0.21 in my campaigns. Did I overlook something? (Recalc didn't help) /K
Magik
Sheet Author
Karankwan said: Version 0.33 is available right? For some reason I still see 0.21 in my campaigns. Did I overlook something? (Recalc didn't help) /K A pull request has been submitted. We just need to be patient while the Roll20 Devs process it.
Magik said: Karankwan said: Version 0.33 is available right? For some reason I still see 0.21 in my campaigns. Did I overlook something? (Recalc didn't help) /K A pull request has been submitted. We just need to be patient while the Roll20 Devs process it. Okay, great! Thank you. I can't wait! /K

Edited 1456336278
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They merged .33 in github, but making it live is not exactly the same thing. So not sure when they'll do that. I thought it happened at most an hour later. =================== .35+: I can work on parsing spells for things like spell resist I would like to tackle NPC compendium next.. ugh. abilities will require a lot, I think maybe we need to have an NPC switch that might turn off certain event handlers. i was going to analyze the CreatureGen code, since it does a lot already. Except one thing he doesn't do it reverse engineer abilities, which is necessary if we want to let GMs use conditions on monsters.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just updated my gist. &nbsp;replaced some missing " that Magik found.&nbsp;

Edited 1456336736
Magik
Sheet Author
To summarize the remainder of the Compendium integration: Allow drag and drop of Items from the Compendium into Worn Equipment, Carried Equipment and Other Belongings. Not all Items have attributes, so for those that do, we'll want the Cost and Weight populated. When class abilities and features get itemized, we'll want to support those for drag and drop. When race traits get itemized, we'll want to support those for drag and drop. When general traits are added to the Compendium then we should allow drag and drop. When Mythic Adventures features & abilities are added to the Compendium then we should allow drag and drop. EDIT: NPC Compendium drag and drop. I don't think that there is anything else to drag and drop. It may be a bit of a stretch, but maybe we could do something with Buffs (dragging a spell) and Attacks (dragging a weapon). When I see what the Compendium does for Worn Equipment, I may have a java worker set up to parse the description text for Armor/Shield Bonus, Maximum Dex Bonus, Armor Check Penalty, Arcane Spell Failure, and Speed to auto-populate those values on the Defenses tab. Having these on the Items tab as separate columns would get things too cluttered real fast in my opinion.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Any ideas what we can do to the PF compendium to make integration better? James, I know you've been working closely with it. &nbsp;Thoughts? &nbsp; I believe it needs better organization as a start. &nbsp;Similar to what's been done with the 5e OGL compendium. &nbsp;Missing attributes, missing material, etc? &nbsp;I've been asked to summarize what is missing between Paizo's SRD and Roll20's PF compendium. &nbsp;I would also like to push for any changes that might help us with the PF sheet as well.
Magik
Sheet Author
I posted some missing Compendium items and some requested changes on the thread&nbsp; Update 1/26: 5th Edition SRD Mega-Update: New Sheet, New Compendium, plus Compendium drag-and-drop integration!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Perfect timing. &nbsp;Thanks Magik

Edited 1456343920
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Magik said: To summarize the remainder of the Compendium integration: Allow drag and drop of Items from the Compendium into Worn Equipment, Carried Equipment and Other Belongings. Not all Items have attributes, so for those that do, we'll want the Cost and Weight populated. When class abilities and features get itemized, we'll want to support those for drag and drop. When race traits get itemized, we'll want to support those for drag and drop. When general traits are added to the Compendium then we should allow drag and drop. When Mythic Adventures features & abilities are added to the Compendium then we should allow drag and drop. EDIT: NPC Compendium drag and drop. I don't think that there is anything else to drag and drop. It may be a bit of a stretch, but maybe we could do something with Buffs (dragging a spell) and Attacks (dragging a weapon). When I see what the Compendium does for Worn Equipment, I may have a java worker set up to parse the description text for Armor/Shield Bonus, Maximum Dex Bonus, Armor Check Penalty, Arcane Spell Failure, and Speed to auto-populate those values on the Defenses tab. Having these on the Items tab as separate columns would get things too cluttered real fast in my opinion. 1. I'll work on this tonight.&nbsp; Items that are missing properties won't break Compendium imports; they just won't update those fields. 2-5. Already taken care of; these are all already Compendium drop targets, so the character sheet is ready for the relevant material to be added to the Compendium. 6. I've started on this, but anything more than what I've done is going to take some JavaScript to parse.&nbsp; I know some JavaScript, but I need to familiarize myself with the environment, so it'll be a while before I continue. As to what needs to be done to the Compendium... standardization.&nbsp; I've noticed that some monsters have stats set (and those that do are fairly standardized as it is), but some just have a description with no stats, and some don't even have that.&nbsp; The character sheet has to specify exact property names from the Compendium, so we also need to make sure the same stat uses the same name on each item in the Compendium. I should also mention that the character sheet chokes when trying to import bonuses that start with a "+" in the Compendium into a number-only field (which is why I didn't import BAB), so it might help to standardize the Compendium on not including the "+" for positive modifiers, at least for for properties that just include a single modifier. EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if it's been addressed yet, but with the Quantity field doing double-duty with "Charges", that means you end up multiplying the weight by the number of charges an item has; maybe skip the multiplication when the Max Charges field is populated?
Magik
Sheet Author
James W. said: As to what needs to be done to the Compendium... standardization.&nbsp; I've noticed that some monsters have stats set (and those that do are fairly standardized as it is), but some just have a description with no stats, and some don't even have that.&nbsp; The character sheet has to specify exact property names from the Compendium, so we also need to make sure the same stat uses the same name on each item in the Compendium. I should also mention that the character sheet chokes when trying to import bonuses that start with a "+" in the Compendium into a number-only field (which is why I didn't import BAB), so it might help to standardize the Compendium on not including the "+" for positive modifiers, at least for for properties that just include a single modifier. EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if it's been addressed yet, but with the Quantity field doing double-duty with "Charges", that means you end up multiplying the weight by the number of charges an item has; maybe skip the multiplication when the Max Charges field is populated? The Roll20 Team is looking for volunteers for editing the Compendium. See&nbsp; this post and email the team with the address provided if you would like to participate. That goes to anyone reading this. :) Thanks for that idea regarding charges. I'll put that fix in.
Magik
Sheet Author
James W. said: Magik said: To summarize the remainder of the Compendium integration: Allow drag and drop of Items from the Compendium into Worn Equipment, Carried Equipment and Other Belongings. Not all Items have attributes, so for those that do, we'll want the Cost and Weight populated. When class abilities and features get itemized, we'll want to support those for drag and drop. When race traits get itemized, we'll want to support those for drag and drop. When general traits are added to the Compendium then we should allow drag and drop. When Mythic Adventures features & abilities are added to the Compendium then we should allow drag and drop. EDIT: NPC Compendium drag and drop. 6. I've started on this, but anything more than what I've done is going to take some JavaScript to parse.&nbsp; I know some JavaScript, but I need to familiarize myself with the environment, so it'll be a while before I continue. For #6, I think Chris is actively working on this also. See&nbsp; this post from him above. He can handle the java script stuff no problem.
Magik
Sheet Author
I posted an update to the sheet in my GitHub repository. Magik's v.36 GitHub Here are a summary of the changes. Added mouse-over descriptions to some Speed labels on Core tab. Removed hardness from java workers that calculates totals. Modified total weight carried to use floating point numbers so we can see decimals in the output on Items tab. Converted carried items and belongings from using TAS scripts to my own so that I could use additional logic in the calculations for the totals. It now treats items with max charges as a single item so the weight is always counted once. Anything with 0 max charges will have the qty multiplied by the weight to be added to the total weight.

Edited 1456373869
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Updated beta (v.35) (sheet is still v.35 in js) ;-P html:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/970ca00916f0c20c407f" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/970ca00916f0c20c407f</a> css:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/e3f9b71ada5f7a5312a8" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/e3f9b71ada5f7a5312a8</a> - includes Magik's v.36 changes above - added the ability to change header images and weapon notes independently from within the attack Options &nbsp;note: if you experience a missing attribute error you may have to clear the @{macro_options} attribute (now located within the attack Options as well). - beta campaign is running this code.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks like @{AC-ability-mod} isn't being updated until I click the Recalc button. I ended up not working on making items drop-able, and instead did some work on creatures;&nbsp; here's a version of the latest v.35 beta that will now import a creature's BAB, speed(s), and AC from the Compendium.
Magik
Sheet Author
Yes, I'm working on the Defenses tab as my current project to fix some things there.
Magik
Sheet Author
I'm wrapping up some updates on the Defenses tab. Please take a look at the screenshot. Is it desirable to have the "AC-ability-mod" field reduced to the lower value when the "max-dex" value is limiting it? In other words, should these values match when the Max Dex is a limiting factor?

Edited 1456423209
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I thought about that since it would be more obvious however it has a cascading effect on when the ability updates, since right now the dropdowns all operate more or less independently.&nbsp; we'd have to have an exception for those dropdowns that also checks max dex. I didn't want to have to go through all that. Another way would be to make "display" versions of those fields, which would be equal to the minimum of the ability-mod or maxdex&nbsp; Actually that would be simpler, assuming we could make it a disabled field using kl1 instead of a sheetworker. so smething like this: change the ability drodown ending in "-mod" to hidden, then add a display , something like this for the first one: (though i'm not sure what happens if max-dex is blank) &lt;input type="hidden" name="attr_AC-ability-mod" value="0" /&gt; &lt;input style="width:100%;" name="attr_AC-ability-display" title="@{AC-ability-mod}" type="number" value="{@{AC-ability-mod},@{max-dex}}kl1" disabled /&gt; (though now we can use spans instead of disabled input fields) (also instead of style="width:100%;" i added a class sheet-wide that can be put on the outer span next to sheet-table-data sheet-center that applies width=100 to the inner input )

Edited 1456429998
Magik
Sheet Author
I do like the display field idea, but we would be setting a trend for other such situations and additional clutter on the sheet. Instead, how about we not monitor change events for&nbsp;AC-ability-mod and instead only watch the&nbsp;AC-ability drop-down field? There are some other change events watching this field, but it will likely change a lot less than the mod field. EDIT: Oh, I see there wouldn't be additional clutter. Hrm... EDIT2: Well, my version of that worked partially. Unfortunately, the update of the 'mod' field takes effect after the defense numbers are updated, so you would have to Recalc to get an accurate display. I'll see how your display idea works.

Edited 1456430313
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
this is one way, this is why I didn't do it :) : we could add a parameter to handleDropdown after the callback field, that is the "maxfield" and it would then get the value of that field as well and apply it before writing... it would be more reusable then, and possibly used for the damage dropdown max field, (though that has the extra multiplier so no..) then you'd add max-dex to this event handler, and remove it from the one that calls "updateDefenses" on("change:max-dex&nbsp;change:ac-ability change:ff-ability change:cmd-ability1 change:cmd-ability2 change:cmd-ability" , function (eventInfo) {PFSheet.handleDefenseDropdown(eventInfo.sourceAttribute);}); handleDefenseDropdown would have to pass "max-dex" in to the maxField param of handleDropdown.&nbsp; then ..&nbsp;. hmm. actually it would have to be passed again to SWUtils.getReferencedAttributeValue as well getReferencedAttributeValue = function (readField,maxField,synchrousFindAttributeFunc,callback) { ... callback(0); } else { if (maxField) { fields= [foundField,maxField] } else { fields=[foundField] } getAttrs(fields,function(v) { var valueOf=parseInt(v[foundField],10)||0, maxVal=999; if (maxField) { maxVal= parseInt(v[maxField],10); if (isNaN(maxVal)){maxVal=999;} valueOf=Math.min(valueOf,maxVal); } callback(valueOf);

Edited 1456432403
Magik
Sheet Author
The display attribute idea worked beautifully, thanks! EDIT: Oh, except for the KL1 auto-calculate. That didn't work at all. I tried many variations then just converted it into a java worker field. I already had the code for it anyhow.
Magik
Sheet Author
I noticed that when you change skills away from STR or DEX to a different stat that the Armor Check Penalty doesn't go away. The ACP only applies to STR and DEX based skills, so that exception needs to be built in.